PDA

View Full Version : Not hiring a Car - Taxis?

ChristieK0310
04-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi,

am off to disney in May and not planning on hiring a car as staying at Pop and don't plan to venture off site too much this time but not having been there before I am wondering about taxis?

Can I order one to collect us at Pop and take us straight to Contemporary for breakfast at Chef Mickys? What would the cost be?

We are also going to Discovery Cove but what would be the best way to get there with no car?

Thanks,

Christie

pamjb
04-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I can't help you with the price, but you may absolutely take a taxi from Pop to the Contemporary. There should be a cab parked near the check-in area, but if there isn't, Bell Services can call one for you. That way you know you are getting a "good" cab. Friends of mine called a cab from their room (from the yellow pages) to take them from Caribbean Beach to the Wide World of Sports (almost across the street from each other) cab got lost, ended up costing them $20. Same cab ride for me from CBR to WWoS using a cab from in front of the resort, $7

Edd
04-01-2008, 01:39 PM
There are six fleets within the Mears Logo. Checker, yellow, safety, city and the Winter Park fleet, and Checker cabs are the only ones allowed to pick up new customers at WDW. The checker cabs are on the stands and they are the only one allowed through the gates without paying the $10.00 charge. The yellow cabs have to pay at the Magic Kingdom gates, but not at Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom if they are dopping off. Yellow cabs can only pick up at Disney if the ride was pre-arranged by the passenger.

Any driver of the checker fleet who request $10.00 for the gate should be questioned if they want to charge you. the number of the cab is on the vehicle and also the number of the company. If you have any questions you should call the Driver Manager at the number on the cab.

WeLuvTink!
04-01-2008, 07:13 PM
We took taxi's to and from Pop a few times last September wheneverwe had a tight deadline. Boy you can't beat it for a quick trip - sure beats the bus!

Our trip from Contemporary to Pop was less than $20 w. tip. Trip from Pop to GF was $20 w. tip. Trip from Boardwalk to Pop was under $10 w. tip.

maxiesmom
04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
If you need a taxi van, how far ahead should you call? I am planning on calling a taxi to get the family from ASMu to the Poly for an early breakfast, but with 6 of us we will need a van. Also, do the vans cost more?

pamjb
04-03-2008, 08:10 AM
Upon leaving Animal Kingdom Lodge after a late dinner at Boma, we had Bell Services call a van for us to take us back tothe Beach Club. The cab was there in under 5 minutes.