PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Experts - Question

tbrenk73
04-01-2008, 08:06 AM
I have a reservatoin with Alamo. I recently got a ***********# with Alamo and wanted to add to existing reservation. The agent had to modify the reservation and gave me a new conf#, same rate. When I went into the websire to print the new conf, it said I had to call the 800#. When I did, the agent said that since it was a modified res I could not have a confirmation.

It sounded strange, so I asked for a supervisor and they said the same thing. They reviewed my rate and it was correct, but I am concerned that I don't have it in writing.

Why can't I have a confirmation?

rlduvall
04-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes . . . this happened to me when I tried to add a QS number to an existing reservation. BUT, I requested the reservation modification by e-mail and they responded back to me by e-mail with the new and correct rate. They told me to use my e-mail as confirmation if I had any problems at the desk; which I didn't.

I don't know why they have that problem when someone signs up for QS and then tries to add it later. It is a little strange. :confused3

tbrenk73
04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Yes . . . this happened to me when I tried to add a QS number to an existing reservation. BUT, I requested the reservation modification by e-mail and they responded back to me by e-mail with the new and correct rate. They told me to use my e-mail as confirmation if I had any problems at the desk; which I didn't.

I don't know why they have that problem when someone signs up for QS and then tries to add it later. It is a little strange. :confused3

So you didn't have a problem when you went to pick up the car? Did they ask for an email?

rlduvall
04-01-2008, 08:47 AM
So you didn't have a problem when you went to pick up the car? Did they ask for an email?

No problem at all . . . the rate was correct - so I never had to pull out my e-mail. :thumbsup2

tbrenk73
04-01-2008, 08:53 AM
No problem at all . . . the rate was correct - so I never had to pull out my e-mail. :thumbsup2

Ok, thanks. I am just very nervous because the rate is so good I don't want anything to happen.

tbrenk73
04-01-2008, 09:09 AM

Was the mail from a real person @ Alamo? The one I got doesn't have the price on it.

WillCAD
04-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Sounds like a glitch in Alamo's system to me. Try it again later, and if it still says the same thing, leave it up and call Alamo.

I once did exactly what you did - called an agent and had my QS number added to an existing ressie - and was able to open it up on the web site within 10 minutes to print confirmation.

tbrenk73
04-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a glitch in Alamo's system to me. Try it again later, and if it still says the same thing, leave it up and call Alamo.

I once did exactly what you did - called an agent and had my QS number added to an existing ressie - and was able to open it up on the web site within 10 minutes to print confirmation.

I have tried numerous times and it won't come up. I just called agqain, spoke with a Lead Agent, and was told that since it was a modification in the reservation, a confirmation cannot be generated.

What a weird system they have. I sure hope I don't have a problem when I pick-up the car.

rlduvall
04-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

I also had a great rate that I didn't want to lose . . . so on the phone they carefully created a new reservation for me and entered my QS number on it. I had already read on the Boards before that they could not add a QS number to an existing reservation, so I am happy for WillCad, but I think he is one of the few lucky ones. I then e-mailed Alamo about my concern and listed my great rate in the e-mail (because I am very Type A - like you;) ). They responded to my e-mail; not a generic response, but a well thought out and literate response, :) that I was correct, this was my rate. No problems. :cutie:

tbrenk73
04-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

I also had a great rate that I didn't want to lose . . . so on the phone they carefully created a new reservation for me and entered my QS number on it. I had already read on the Boards before that they could not add a QS number to an existing reservation, so I am happy for WillCad, but I think he is one of the few lucky ones. I then e-mailed Alamo about my concern and listed my great rate in the e-mail (because I am very Type A - like you;) ). They responded to my e-mail; not a generic response, but a well thought out and literate response, :) that I was correct, this was my rate. No problems. :cutie:

I will try that as well so I can sleep better at night:)