PDA

View Full Version : Alamo Extra Day Question

willise
04-01-2008, 06:39 AM
We booked 3 vehicles from Alamo Aug 16-30. We got a great rate of $380 total for the two weeks for each vehicle.

Now one part of the group will be arriving on the 15th. When I checked to dook the additional day, I got a rate of $529:scared1: But a single day rate was $40.

So, how much of a problem will I have if I walk to the counter at 10:30 pm on the 15th and say I would like to pick up the car 10 hours early?

My though is if they try and charge me an outrageous rate, I will just walk down the aisle to another rental company, rent a vehicle for one day, then come back on the 16th and pick up my alamo reservation. I have to go back to the airport anyway to meet the other members of the group.

What do you think?

darkroom
04-01-2008, 10:50 AM
You could always book a one day rental. Then return it, and go with your two week. Shop around, you can go with anyone. Walking down to another counter means paying a really high walk-up rate, you don't want that.

You didn't post the pickup and dropoff times, so I don't know what they will do to you if you pick up 10 hrs earlier. I'm guessing it'll be bad.