PDA

View Full Version : Sw Dings

stephanie23
04-01-2008, 06:19 AM
OK I just downloaded SW DING on my computer. I am starting to think it isnt going to help me. I am leaving sunday august 10th and coming back sat. august 16th. DO DINGS ever come out for the weekends? If I change my dates would it be less packed at WDW? I have to call and see if my rate will go up any if I do change but just a thought as airfar is almost $300 rt.

boomhauer
04-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Dings have become pretty useless over the past 6 months. You have to travel on specific days, the rates aren't that great, and they're often not available.

Camster0307
04-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Dings have become pretty useless over the past 6 months. You have to travel on specific days, the rates aren't that great, and they're often not available.

I agree. I'm leaving on a Sunday and returning on a Friday; most dings seem to be for travel only on a Tues. or Wed. And, in the past three months, I don't think I've seen ONE ding for Orlando-Providence or vice versa!

boomhauer
04-01-2008, 07:57 AM
I agree. I'm leaving on a Sunday and returning on a Friday; most dings seem to be for travel only on a Tues. or Wed. And, in the past three months, I don't think I've seen ONE ding for Orlando-Providence or vice versa!

Few and far between from PVD. That's where I fly from as well. Honestly, it's too confusing. When they do have one, they have about a dozen, each for a different flight, but as you said, always on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I realize those are the seats they need to sell, but it's not realistic for the tourist traveller.

Camster0307
04-01-2008, 08:00 AM
Few and far between from PVD. That's where I fly from as well. Honestly, it's too confusing. When they do have one, they have about a dozen, each for a different flight, but as you said, always on a Tuesday or Wednesday. I realize those are the seats they need to sell, but it's not realistic for the tourist traveller.

I know - it's like a full-time job trying to keep up with fares. Once I've booked my flights, I want to be done with it!

rlduvall
04-01-2008, 08:33 AM
I know I no longer feel the Ding love either. :goodvibes I've seen a few Ding airfares from Orlando returning to my hometown, but they are always the first flight of the morning. No way am I giving up Disney time to save maybe $20. :cutie:

karrit2000
04-01-2008, 11:15 AM
A lot of times it doesn't help. Your trip is still way off so the DINGs will come sometime down the road but probably not for a couple of months yet. When they first started I usually was able to get a better fare from the regular website. The trick is to book each way separately. That way if a DING comes up for one way or the other you just change that particular flight. I've had one trip where I got a great DING for my return flight the day before I left on my trip so never say never.

jonestavern
04-01-2008, 11:27 AM
If you are using Logan, consider plugging in the Manchester, NH airport (MHT).
We got a Ding fare for a Friday (in May), non stop to MCO, returning the following Monday, also non stop, 2 adults for $282 total, including all the extraneous fees.

Not the great Ding fares of the past, but enough to get us out for a long weekend.

Jean