PDA

View Full Version : In defense of the lowly canvas duffle bag

jodifla
03-31-2008, 03:21 PM
So, with all the luggage craziness going on these days, I went to my Army Navy store and got a black canvas duffle bag for DS.

His clothes, beach towels, all our shoes, toys, etc. fit in there. You can almost always shove something else in a duffle bag. And, since it weights almost nothing, you get almost all those precious 50 pounds for yourself.

my other bag is a wheeled bag, and I balance the duffle on top of it for (fairly) easy shlepping.

pezheadmeg
03-31-2008, 03:37 PM
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Though my 2 basic black duffle bags each have a stripe of polka-dot adhesive fabric tape running along the top. Just makes it easier to spot on the baggage carousel.

Plus if I'm traveling with only a duffle, there are luggage rental carts for a reason. :rotfl:

goofy4tink
03-31-2008, 03:45 PM
Yep, my EMS and LL Bean duffles are looking pretty darn good right now. They weigh next to nothing and I can cram a ton of stuff in 'em.

jodifla
03-31-2008, 04:03 PM
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Though my 2 basic black duffle bags each have a stripe of polka-dot adhesive fabric tape running along the top. Just makes it easier to spot on the baggage carousel.

Plus if I'm traveling with only a duffle, there are luggage rental carts for a reason. :rotfl:

Polka dot tap...that's a good idea!