PDA

View Full Version : Onsite rental questions..

Maliki2
03-31-2008, 01:19 AM
We plan on staying at POP but would like to rent a car for three days during our 9 day stay. Does the onsite car rental agencies, provide shuttle to and from the rental hub?

If not how much approximately for a yellow cab from Pop to National (on-site)?

goofy4tink
03-31-2008, 05:10 AM
You will find Alamo/National at both the Dolphin Resort and the Car Care Center. The CCC is close to the entrance to MK and you can call them and they will shuttle you to the rental office. The Dolphin is easily reached by going to a park and then taking a bus to the Dolphin, or just walking over from Epcot. The drive back to POP is very quick and easy from the Dolphin as well. I've done it several times now.
There are many other car rental companies in the DTD area..for instance, Budget is at the Doubletree. Some have pickup service as well.

AlwaysEeyore
03-31-2008, 12:10 PM
I have the same question almost. So we can take DME to POP, then DH can go to dolphin to rent a car? We only need it for one day.

Thanks.

Fire14
03-31-2008, 12:32 PM
I have the same question almost. So we can take DME to POP, then DH can go to dolphin to rent a car? We only need it for one day.

Thanks.
Yes you can book DME one way or both ways from Orlando airport. What you/DH do outside of that is up to you, just be sure and get parking pass at checkin for you rental car.

Barb D
03-31-2008, 06:39 PM
You will find Alamo/National at both the Dolphin Resort and the Car Care Center. The CCC is close to the entrance to MK and you can call them and they will shuttle you to the rental office..

Will they shuttle you from POP to the CCC? Is it free?

OntFamily
03-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Will they shuttle you from POP to the CCC? Is it free?

they will shuttle you from anywhere on Disney property (which, of course, includes POP), free of charge (I tip the driver a couple of dollars).