PDA

View Full Version : Shipping items to resort.

Dewy
03-30-2008, 10:43 PM
We're planning our October trip :cool1: and are shopping around for flights. With more airlines starting to charge for a second piece of luggage, I'm thinking of shipping some of our stuff directly to our resort WL. We're bringing DS (4) and DD (3) car seats with us since we are renting a car...so those will be their checked pieces and DW and I have our bags.

I just figure if I have to pay for a second bag I might as well enjoy the convenience of not having to deal with those pieces of luggage at the airports.

For those who have done it, any pros and cons to doing this? Thanks to all who reply and see you in WDW:thumbsup2

kaytieeldr
03-31-2008, 05:32 AM
The Resorts board might be a better place for your 'shipping' question, but as far as I know, the car seats do NOT count as checked luggage (especially if you plan to use them on the plane, hint hint ;)). See your specific airline's website for information.

In fact, there's a farily current discussion about shipping items right now. Several posters recommend using a delivery service other than the USPS, for efficiency and tracking purposes. Keep in mind, it may cost you more to ship than the additional bag charge.