PDA

View Full Version : What size car?

gottalovethem
03-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Those of you car rental experts -- which should I get, a full-size car or an SUV. There's one adult and three children - each on a carseat. And yes, we will have our share of luggage.

Thanks DISers!

dancin Disney style
03-31-2008, 08:28 AM
It really depends on the luggage. If you are talking about a full size SUV, that will give you the most luggage space. If you mean the mid size SUV I would have to say that the rear storage would be similar to a full size sedan.

You might have difficulty getting 3 car seats in the back of a mid size SUV. Are these toddler seats or booster seats?

You did say 1 adult so I assume that would free up the front passenger seat for a bit of luggage.

browniemtb
03-31-2008, 08:37 AM
If you plan on using Disney transportation once in the parks I wouldn't rent a car at all. Use a service to get to and from the airport.....depending on who you use they can accomodate your needs for car seats and pick you up in a suburban. Costs a lot less than renting a car and leaving at the resort.

aljer
03-31-2008, 09:12 AM
Hello,
when we go to disney we always rent a car. We have three chilren(2,4,7) and find it alot more convienant then waiting for the buses. On our last trip we decided to try the buses one day just for the heck of it and it took us about 45miniutes to get to the park. The car would have taken us 5min. We have two in booster and one in a carseat and when we went in Feb 08 we had a full size care and we fit fine. It took a little work to get everyone buckled but we made it work. Good luck and have fun on your trip.

mi*vida*loca
03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
We got a minivan adn I am so anti minivan. LOL I don't own one but it was nice and that was just with two kids, one carseat and two adults. It was so nice to have that extra room. We do have family in the area so it was nice to only take one car when we would go out to eat together.

I saw most people with more than two child get an SVU or minivan.

gottalovethem
03-31-2008, 12:25 PM
We will be visiting family and therefore do need the car :) Tho I'm debating returning it early...we shall see.

Is the mid-size SUV smaller than a full-size car? I'm seeing prices as cheaper for the SUV.

Thanks!