PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club to Magic Kingdom -- car or Disney transportation?

MickeyMinnieMom
03-30-2008, 09:19 PM
We will be staying at BCV for the first time in Aug/Sept. We'll be traveling with an 18 mo. old and 3 yr. old in our stroller.

What is the best way to get to MK? How long does it take you?

Any help from those who have "been there done that" is very much appreciated. :) Thanks!!

tinkerbell60
03-31-2008, 09:26 AM
We stayed at the YC last summer - which is on the same bus as BC - we found the transportation to MK to be slow. We waiting a good bit of time for a bus to arrive and then it was about a 20 minute ride to MK. Coming back was not so bad though. We did a last minute trip a few weeks ago and drove - we LOVED having our car there. DH and I agreed, if we had a car we would use it over bus transportation. That being said, if you do drive you first park, then take a tram to the TTC, then take a monorail or boat to MK - so having young children you might be better off with the direct bus.

browniemtb
03-31-2008, 09:40 AM
We stay at the BW which is next to the YC/BC. We found Disney transportation not to be that bad and the waits can seem long especially when your running late to a Princess dinner or something. Also we've walked through Epcot and jumped on the monorail.....the kids like this. But you still have to get off at the transportation center and jump on another monorail to get to WDW.

MickeyMinnieMom
03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
Also we've walked through Epcot and jumped on the monorail.....the kids like this. But you still have to get off at the transportation center and jump on another monorail to get to WDW.

I was wondering about that option, actually. Anything that means I don;t have to fold up and carry the stroller and handle 2 kids and all the gear at once!! ;)

Do you remember how long that took you?

Thanks!!! :)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
03-31-2008, 02:17 PM
With any WDW Resort that is not located in the Magic Kingdom Resort area everyone says it's best to take WDW transportation when arriving to the Magic Kingdom. If you were to take the bus you would be dropped off at the Magic Kingdom bus station which is located very close to the entrance gates. However if you were to drive you need to park at the TTC, take the tram and then take the Express Monorail or boat that goes right to the Magic Kingdom. I also agree that with young children it would be better to take the bus, so it's something you should think about.

tinkerbell60
03-31-2008, 02:23 PM
The walk from the Beach Club through Epcot up to the monorail is not short. You will be doing a lot of walking so you should keep that in mind too.

Ham Ham
03-31-2008, 06:25 PM
The walk from the Beach Club through Epcot up to the monorail is not short. You will be doing a lot of walking so you should keep that in mind too.

Good point and unless you have a Park Hopper you will burn a days ticket.

IMHO wait for the bus at BC. It will drop you off very close to the MK main entrance.

browniemtb
04-01-2008, 10:28 AM
I was wondering about that option, actually. Anything that means I don;t have to fold up and carry the stroller and handle 2 kids and all the gear at once!! ;)

Do you remember how long that took you?

Thanks!!! :)

Hard to say....we generally stop so the kids could ride Figment for the 100th time....but I would approximate at least 30 minutes....