PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia Airport Marriott?

rtjcbrown
03-30-2008, 09:38 AM
I have booked one night at the Philadelphia Airport Marriott to stay the night before an early AM flight with AirTran. Is it worth the extra money to stay here, or do you think I am better off at on of the local park/fly hotels with a shuttle? I need to get to Terminal D, so is it easy enough to walk? I know the hotel is connected thru Terminal D skybridge. How can I do this with 2 kids and luggage?

TaraPA
03-30-2008, 10:29 AM
It's very easy, we've done it before with kids & DH does it every few weeks for work. Are you sure it's terminal D though that the Marriott goes into - he thinks it's B or C. He said it's a USAir hub terminal that it connects into, because he only flies USAir & never has to go to another terminal from the Marriott. He said it doesn't matter - whatever terminal you walk into from the parking deck of the Marriott, you go through security there & then you can connect to the other terminals.

We/he always just exit out the back of the hotel & walk through the parking deck to the terminal - you mentioned a walkway - maybe that's another entrance different from what I'm talking about. Either way, it's easy. The walk is maybe 3 min. tops (out the back way). It's under cover but still outdoors so cold if it's winter.

msmayor
03-30-2008, 11:40 AM
We stayed there a few years ago the night before our 6:00am USAir flight to MCO, and it was PERFECT!! Our kids were 6 and 9 at the time and I gotta tell you, getting up and just walking a short distance to the gate was a great way to start the trip.

We were well-rested, arriving at WDW by 10am and able to spend a full day at the parks.

safetymom
03-30-2008, 01:02 PM
That is a great airport to stay at. I agree I don't think it connects to Terminal D.

plutospup
03-30-2008, 01:43 PM
PHL Marriott is nice, but there is a fee for parking. I believe $17/night.

rtjcbrown
03-30-2008, 07:15 PM
You guys are correct. My typo error. It is terminal B that it connects to. That was my point actually. Since it does not connect to Terminal D, is it still worth the extra $ ??

rtjcbrown
03-31-2008, 01:21 PM
**edit**

traderneal
03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
I have stayed in many Philadelphia Airport hotels and have never payed any fees to park. I have never stayed at the Philly Marriot though.

ricktib
03-31-2008, 02:28 PM
Definitely worth it. After terminal B security, it's a very easy walk thru the mall/food court area to terminal D.

It's a great hotel - great staff, and they put out this awesome fruity tea in the lobby early evenings. :thumbsup2 (pm me if you happen to get the recipe!)

tjmw2727
03-31-2008, 03:20 PM
:happytv: I have stayed in many Philadelphia Airport hotels and have never payed any fees to park. I have never stayed at the Philly Marriot though.

PP's are correct, the Mariott has no "park and fly" option and charges you the airport rate of $17.00 per day to park. We stayed here last March prior to a flight and my dh actually went and parked in the E parking so our car would be closer when we returned as it was the same price anyway.

Since then we always stay at the Sheraton Four Points, they do offer a park and fly and usually have good rates. Its a nice hotel and has a shuttle that IMHO is very quick and runs often. The lot is secured and I felt safe even when it was just my 11yo and I traveling.

HTH
TJ

sarehm
03-31-2008, 03:56 PM
Well you're paying for the convenience. $17 per day for parking and yes the skywalk is in Terminal B but it's very easy to get to whatever terminal you're flying out of.

workinmom
04-01-2008, 07:14 AM
We used the Four Points by Sheraton in Sept. I think it was $140/night + tax & the shuttle service was great...both going to the airport & picking us up when we arrived back.

rtjcbrown
04-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know how far the walk is to terminal D???

rainy~daze
04-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Can you park there and pay the $17 per night without being an overnight guest there?

tjmw2727
04-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Can you park there and pay the $17 per night without being an overnight guest there?

You could, but why not just park in the airport long term parking closest to your terminal at the same $17.00 rate?

TJ