View Full Version : So, let's say I buy a BCV or BWV resale.

03-19-2002, 06:59 PM
I've been noticing a lot of talk about availability on here. What are the chances that I will have difficulty getting 5 days in November and 5 in May of each year? Although, I will probably want the first 5 days of December this year so I can go to Dis Con 2002. It won't do me any good to buy into DVC if I'm going to have a lot of problems going when I want to. Also, I sure don't want to have to do what I have seen posted here - call exactly at the 7 month lead time and then add a day at a time. I have read about people trying to get the Cinderella Breakfast and the difficult time they have and thought, "There isn't anything at Disney that I want to do so much that I'd go through that." So, if DVC involves a lot of headaches and intense planning to use it, I would definitely NOT be interested. Remember, this is supposed to be a vacation!

03-19-2002, 07:12 PM
You can book at your home resort at 11 months. If you call at 11 months, you should have no problem. But if you wait until 7 months, you are taking your chances. The first 2 weeks of December are notorious for being heavily booked because they are in the lowest point season & people want to enjoy the holiday events. I've owned BWV for 2 1/2 years, I've never had a problem booking OKW for May at 7 months or BWV for early December at 11 months. It does work best with advanced date planning. As for intense planning and headaches, I think our vacations are much more relaxed now. If we miss something, oh well, we'll see it next time (in about 6 months). No longer in "commando mode"! :)

03-20-2002, 10:43 AM
We've owned at BWV since 98 and have never had a problem getting the dates we want for a 2 bdr. In fact, have even been able to get a studio at OKW just 4 weeks out.

DVC has taken the hassle out of "where to stay" and what to expect. Love it so much just bought a resale at OKW. Brings our grand total to 502!