PDA

View Full Version : epcot to hollywood studios

rojo
03-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Whats the best way to get to Hollywood studios from Epcot? Monorail to transportation center then bus to studios, or can I take the boat to studios from epcot, and how long of a ride?

Saratoga Souris
03-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Exit at the International Gateway and take a "Friendship" boat to DHS

TDC Nala
03-29-2008, 08:13 PM
If you're closer to the front gate than the International Gateway when you decide to leave, there is a bus between the two parks.

The boat ride takes about a half hour.

The bus? Depends on how long you have to wait for it. It's not a long ride at all...but last weekend I waited a half hour at the Studios for the Epcot bus to show up.

Goofy22
03-29-2008, 10:33 PM
If you like walking you could also exit via the international gateway and walk to Hollywood studios!

dznyacct
03-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I'll second the walking option. I love to walk and at a leisurely pace, it takes me ~ 18 minutes from the International Gateway to DHS (still MGM to me ;) ). Just did that walk a few times this week :) .

wdwgypsy
03-30-2008, 07:50 AM
I vote the boat, or the walk. It gives you time to relax between parks. And both are infrequently used as compared to the buses. Of course the younger ones in out group prefer the speedy monorail for all travel even if it does take us out of our way to catch another bus.

Camster0307
03-30-2008, 10:44 AM
If you're closer to the front gate than the International Gateway when you decide to leave, there is a bus between the two parks.

The boat ride takes about a half hour.

The bus? Depends on how long you have to wait for it. It's not a long ride at all...but last weekend I waited a half hour at the Studios for the Epcot bus to show up.

There's a bus that goes from Epcot to DHS? I thought the buses didn't go from one park to another.

TDC Nala
03-30-2008, 10:49 AM
There's a bus that goes from Epcot to DHS? I thought the buses didn't go from one park to another.

Buses do go between the parks. There are no buses between the parks and Downtown Disney.

There's also no bus from MK (TTC) to Epcot because of the monorail access. But you can get buses at TTC to AK and Studios.

Camster0307
03-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Buses do go between the parks. There are no buses between the parks and Downtown Disney.

There's also no bus from MK (TTC) to Epcot because of the monorail access. But you can get buses at TTC to AK and Studios.

Good grief - you learn something new every day! I've been going to WDW for over 10 years now and never realized the buses went between parks. (maybe because we would always go back to our room first before moving on to another park.)

Thanks!:thumbsup2

goofy4tink
03-30-2008, 12:04 PM
I've done 3 parks in one day using park to park buses!!! A bit crazed but doable.
As for travel between Epcot and DHS..I love the walk. The boat takes much more time..you may have a 15 min wait for the boat, then it stops at the 3 resorts on the way (YC/BC, BW, S/D), then on to DHS.
The walkway is nice and easy...head to BW, then cut through at the Village Green, past the pool area. The walkway runs behind the pool..you can follow the boardwalk to the end and then hang a left at JellyRolls and pick up the walk there, but it's longer. The walkway follows along the canal, all the way to DHS...very safe and well lit after dark as well.

figment52
03-30-2008, 03:14 PM
I'll second the walking option. I love to walk and at a leisurely pace, it takes me ~ 18 minutes from the International Gateway to DHS (still MGM to me ;) ). Just did that walk a few times this week :) .

I'll third this. It is a very pleasant walk and often quicker than the buses or the boats because you set the pace and no waiting on anyone.

suzimar57
03-30-2008, 08:39 PM
walk from international gateway - takes about 1/2 hour