PDA

View Full Version : Any recent experiences or opinions on USA3000?

sgtdisney
03-29-2008, 11:02 AM
I am planning on driving my family to visit my wife's brother in Naples FL this summer. I am going to leave them down in Naples for a few weeks (with the car) so they can stay with for some extended family time. I however need to fly back and work.. :( I am looking for a flight from RSW to ORD and back so I can come back and forth. I see USA3000 has the cheapest flights right now, so I am considering using them, but was wondering if anyone had used them lately and what their opinions were on them.

I have read back on some old posts here and saw that they were cancelling flights in 2005 on people if there were enough seats sold. That kind of concerns me. Usually I would pick American, but right now they only have one non-stop a day and it is not all that convenient. I see JetBlue has a pretty good fare of 250.00 r/t but prefer non-stop, but those leather seats and personal televisions sound pretty nice.

Anyone have any opinions on USA3000 (or even JetBlue for that matter)

sgtdisney
03-30-2008, 11:51 AM
:Pinkbounc

'OhanaMama
03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
I don't have any personal experience with them yet (we are flying with them in June). I know of a few people that fly with them often and say they are great, no problems.

NJRRK
03-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Dw and dd used them last year to go to PIE.

They loved the flight, the attendants were friendly and they got a meal!!

Would not hesitate to fly them.

Debbie6221
04-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Do you guys pay for your seats ahead of time with them?
Do they charge for luggage?
Are there any codes for a discount???

sgtdisney
04-02-2008, 10:17 PM
I went ahead and booked them for this summer for a one way flight. I did pay the 10.00 to pick my seat, only because I read on one of the airline seat sites that the seats in the front of the plane had a little bit more legroom than seats in the back. I used a code "travel" which was for 5.00 off.

Debbie6221
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
I went ahead and booked them for this summer for a one way flight. I did pay the 10.00 to pick my seat, only because I read on one of the airline seat sites that the seats in the front of the plane had a little bit more legroom than seats in the back. I used a code "travel" which was for 5.00 off.

I also booked today. Used the code, got $250.00 a peson including the seat charge (whatever)....not too bad to RSW, right?

sgtdisney
04-03-2008, 12:28 PM
I also booked today. Used the code, got $250.00 a peson including the seat charge (whatever)....not too bad to RSW, right?

I don't think that price is bad. I paid about 100.00 one way which I thought was a great price. Considering the gas prices and everything, I think anything under 300.00 lately is a pretty good price.

TinkOhio
04-03-2008, 10:25 PM
We just returned from a trip--Detroit to St. Pete/Clearwater-- using USA3000 and were very satisfied. We have used them many times flying from Cleveland to St. Pete, Orlando and Ft. Myers, and have never had any problems. The employees have always been very nice and professional, the seats are extra wide and have more leg room than a standard seat, and the free movies/tv shorts really help pass the time for our kids. We did have a flight delay for the first time this vacation, but that was weather related.

Oh, yes...our flights this year--leaving on Good Friday and returning the Sunday after Easter--only cost us about $700 total...for 5 of us!!! We love USA3000!:thumbsup2

evaready51
04-04-2008, 11:02 AM
We flew them in Jul 2006 from ORD MCO RT. They were not too bad BUT somethings you need to remember: they primary job is to fly Apple Vacationcharters to Mex & Carb in the AM. The afternoon is when they have their scheduled service. On the way home we were 4 hours late in arriving (2:00AM) because the flight had been delayed by their charter operation that morning.

If you travel the major carriers, SW, UA - if they can - they will accomodate you on a different flt. USA3000 doesn't have that ability.

NotUrsula
04-04-2008, 11:28 AM
SWA also flies that route nonstop, 2 flights daily. Sign yourself up for DING and you might get really lucky, but otherwise I'm seeing that flight as low as $84. Won't bring you to ORD, but between Metra and/or the El you can easily get back to that neighborhood travelling alone.

Miss Jasmine
04-04-2008, 12:00 PM
I haven't flown USA3000, but I have a pile of surveys here and almost all of them relate positive experiences. :)

Lewisc
04-04-2008, 12:05 PM
but USA3000 is no longer serving complimentary meals.

Debbie6221
04-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I just did the math again and actually paid $269.00 which I don't think is the greatest especially since I have 3 tix. I think paying to get your seats ahead of time is a joke but worse than that is paying for your first bag like Spirit does now! I am flying Friday to Friday whick doesn't help with the price.

Debbie6221
04-07-2008, 10:16 AM
:cool1: