PDA

View Full Version : SW ding question

tooh8ful
03-29-2008, 09:59 AM
We have airfare for our Sept. trip through Delta. They cancelled our flight and rebooked us on one that arrives later, which also changed our seats, makes us late for a ressie, AND have told me even though I purchased the tickets in Feb, we will be subject to the $25 pp extra bag chg. (me, 1yr old, 5 yr old for 11 days. CANNOT do 2 bags! :scared1: )

Anyway, I have spoken to CSR at Delta several times and they said I can get a refund if I want.

I am planning on switching to SW once their dates for Sept open up but I have a couple of questions before I do. (I just took the long way around getting to them ;) )

If I buy one way fares for my dd5 and I on a ding special, are the return flights generally comparable? I mean, I don't want to get a GREAT one way fare then have to pay double normal prices to get home or anything.

I've also seen several threads relating to seats and children. As I said, I will be alone w/my 2 girls. I really don't have to worry about my 5 yr old not being seated with me right?

TIA

byoung
03-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Usually SW fares are among the lowest without ding, think you will be find.

Vijoge
03-29-2008, 06:21 PM
As I said, I will be alone w/my 2 girls. I really don't have to worry about my 5 yr old not being seated with me right?

TIA

No. you don't have to worry about that. You will be able to pre-board with your children between the A group and the B group. There will be plenty of seats together at that point.

If you want to board even earlier, check in online 24 hours before your flight and snag an A pass.

bumbershoot
03-29-2008, 06:46 PM
I have noticed that if I get a ding from, say, Seattle to Los Angeles for a good price, I'll get a matching rate for the reverse.

When you're signing up for Ding, however, be sure to sign up for ALL of the airports you're interested in. Home airport, Orlando airport, any other airports you can use where SW flies...don't just put your home airport, or just the Orlando airport, or you won't be offered the fares for each way. :)