PDA

View Full Version : is there a way ?? (find out how full a flight is)

gibsontrio
03-29-2008, 07:48 AM
to see how many seats are left on a certain flight?? just curious how full my jet blue flight is going to be, the price went up then down .

wdwgypsy
03-29-2008, 08:22 AM
You can start the booking process and get to the seat selection phase. That should get you an rough idea. You can always cancel if you want up to that point. Or you can call a airline rep and ask.

ProudMomTo3Boys
03-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Got to the Jet Blue website and go to change your seats, but don't actually change them. It will show you what is available and what is taken as well as which seats you have already chosen. I have been doing this since I booked my flights with them.

bavaria
03-29-2008, 11:04 AM
the seat map is no indicator of passenger loads. Some airlines seat maps restrict certain passengers from viewing all seats; others block a percentage for use on the day of flight.

For legacy carriers www.seatcounter.com will show up to 9 seats remaining in each fare bucket, but only up to 9. Some carriers such as United will also show you this on their website.

This information is strictly proprietary and no airline will advise how many seats are left for sale on an aircraft.

ricktib
03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
One thing that's unique about JB, however, is that they do not "overbook" flights. Most airlines will sell up to 15% more seats than available (depending upon historical no-show rates). But not JB, and for this reaon they don't fly nearly as often with a passenger in every single seat.

slruud
03-29-2008, 01:35 PM
Call the airline and ask.

gibsontrio
03-29-2008, 05:25 PM
just asking because i did go to "change my seat" there was hardly and seats taken (flight is may 5th!) maybe about 20 seats taken.. hoping they wont cancel just because the flight isnt really booked

bavaria
03-29-2008, 05:27 PM
No, that won't happen except in very rare circumstances, or on a charter. That aircraft needs to 'be' somewhere and they will fly it to get there

Remember, many travellers don't preselect seats at time of booking, so the seat map isn't an indicator of passenger loads

And May 5th is quite a ways away; in my world May 5th is a LONG time away ie many travellers book 0-14 days in advance

jennifer03878
03-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Or you could go through what we have.. We booked a Delta flight coming home May 3rd this morning and when I booked the flight it showed a ton of seats still available. I specifically picked 4 seats together, our final itinerary came over with these 4 seats as ours. Well, we just checked our reservation and not only are we not in these 4 seats, but they have the 4 of us all over the plane. Not one of us is sitting together, including my DS10. I just got off the phone with Delta and I totally got the run around that the flight is full and we got the last 4 seats, yada yada yada. I am not impressed. Right now the only thing we can do is check the flight every day and pray that some seats open up together so we can change them but what I don't get is how can a flight fill up so fast or was it all false???? (I pray that we weren't overbooked... they don't want to deal with me if that happens). I've already written an email complaint to them (I've had other issues with this booking.. they charged me for 6 tickets and we only bought 4).. Just not happy with Delta....