PDA

View Full Version : So how many bags do you check?

CarolA
03-29-2008, 07:31 AM
I am ATTEMPTING to post a poll, but I am not great at it.

So how many bags do you back?

And how big is your bag?

OK I couldn't remember how to post the poll...

So just post!

IF I check it's one 24"

bab31
03-29-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi Carol,

to post the a poll after you click new thread, and you get the screen to post your message, if you scroll down to the bottom of the page you get the poll option.

Babs

CarolA
03-29-2008, 08:18 AM
Yeah, but if you miss it you can't go back LOL!

DebbieB
03-29-2008, 08:47 AM
I usually only check 1 bag. I have a couple suitcases, one I think is 25" and one is 28". The 28" does look big, I get comments on it when I'm traveling. I've watched the scales, it is usually around 41 pounds since it's mostly light items inside.

goofy4tink
03-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Generally, if there are three of us flying (myself, dh, and dd, 14) we check one, maybe two bags. If it's just me flying, and it's the time of year when I don't need heavier clothes, I can make do with a carryon. If my dd and I are traveling, we check one bag for the two of us and have large carryon totebags.
Going to WDW in Sept, the two of us...we'll each have a regular suitcase type carryon..no need to check anything. We're only going for 3 nights.

CarolMN
03-29-2008, 09:45 AM
I usually either check one bag or none at all. Manged to get by with one even for a 7 night Alaska cruise last summer. I did have a fairly large (but still legal) carry on for that trip, though, LOL.

The checked bag is eligible for carry on - believe it is either a 21 or 22 inch roller. If I'm going to Disney, I'd rather not bother with carry on (except for small one that has items I must have on plane or until ME delivers).

If I carry on, the bag is soft sided and if necessary can fit under the seat.

I used to travel a lot for business and quickly learned to pack very light, especially since I had to bring my (at that time) very heavy laptop along.

bavaria
03-29-2008, 10:19 AM
While some posters were jetsetting off to Paris, Mom actually posted a poll for us. ;) The results differ sharply from my poll to which you responded elsewhere, CarolA.

I will try and dig up that thread and link it here

ProudMomTo3Boys
03-29-2008, 10:19 AM
For the 5 of us we check 2 bags, I am not sure of the sizes but 1 of them is pretty big, the other one is a normal size. I put the heavier stuff in the smaller one, and haven't gone over the 50 pounds.

bavaria
03-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Here is the poll for anyone who wants to vote

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1760810

I check 0-1 bags; the bag is 21-25 inches in size. The only time I take more is coming from Germany when I need to bring a few months supplies of the essentials (coffee, chocolate, toothpaste, and real Nivea cream)

Devil_Dog99
03-29-2008, 10:54 AM
When I travel on business and are starting a long term assignment, I will check one bag (25") and then leave it at the hotel. Why shlep stuff like my toiletries, gym stuff, and casual wear back and forth across the country? Then I just bring my laundry in a gym bag as a carryon.

When I travel on business for a short engagement, depends on the length of trip. If a full week I will check one bag. If less, I carryon.

When going to WDW, I have got us down to 3 bags (28, 25 and a large rolling duffel) plus my golf clubs. I always try to pack space so I can bring home souvenirs.

CarolA
03-29-2008, 11:22 AM
While some posters were jetsetting off to Paris, Mom actually posted a poll for us. ;) The results differ sharply from my poll to which you responded elsewhere, CarolA.

I will try and dig up that thread and link it here

Well just so you know.. I checked no bags to Paris LOL!

bavaria
03-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Well just so you know.. I checked no bags to Paris LOL!

:rolleyes1 I won't be checking any bags to Paris/the Riviera/Germany next week either

safetymom
03-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I always check my bag. I travel with a 21 inch bag. I usually don't go over 38 pounds.

cslittle999
03-29-2008, 08:02 PM
:rolleyes1 I won't be checking any bags to Paris/the Riviera/Germany next week either
But you're a professional traveller. :worship: I'm strictly an amateur. I always end up checking a bag because there is always that one more thing that I'm sure I'll need so I move up to the larger suitcase.

disneyag
03-29-2008, 08:06 PM
When the 3 of us went to Universal last June for 3 nights, we each had a carryon. Usually, we can get by for a week with the 25" suitcase. We sent skiing 2 weeks ago for 5 nights and the 4 of us used 4 suitcases (only because skiwear is so bulky). I don't understand the need for people to check 2 suitcases per person.

suzimar57
03-29-2008, 08:08 PM
when the two of us travel, we'll check 2 rollaboards (26") and i'll bring a carryon (large tote) onboard