PDA

View Full Version : transportation from allstar movie

PaDisney02
03-28-2008, 08:17 PM
Hi, I know that the all star movie resort has a shuddle that takes you to the parks but I was just wondering how mush of a hassel it is? Will we have to wait in line? Are there specific times it leaves etc? I def. want to take a mid day nap for the kids but I wonder if I will loose too much time traveling back to the room and then back to the park again. What do you all think?

helenk
03-28-2008, 09:01 PM
The transportation from the Allstar to all of the parks is a bus. The buses run about every 15 minutes or so. Sometimes the Allstar Movies shares a bus with the Allstar Sports and the Allstar Music, but this is just generally during the slower times.
The bus stop at the resort is in the open, you wait for the buses to the parks in a large area with a section set aside for each park. Sometimes you may be waiting in a long line, but they try to fill up each bus as much as possible so there is a possibility that you may have to stand. What I do, is if I can see that it is standing room only for the bus is stand aside and let others go by me and I wait for the next bus so that I can sit down. The same thing occurs when you leave the park. The bus stops are covered at the parks so you are not standing out in the elements. The lines can get very long at night when the parks close.
I always use Disney transportation, even though it sounds as though it can be a hassle I really think that the system works well. I generally travel by myself or with my adult children.
I was in WDW last year with my brother and his 2 children ages 4 and 2 and we left in the afternoon for naps or to go back and swim and we did not have any problems. Usually one or both of the children were asleep by the time we got back to the resort, so that was kind of a hassle but we made do.

lindsey
03-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Depending on how busy the parks and hotels are, you may have to wait for a bus at the hotel and/or parks. We used the busses last June. Some of the routes pick up at all three All Stars, and some only Movies. For us it was easier than driving. The busses do arrive continually so it is better than the off-site shuttles where there are usually only one or two drop-off and pick-up times.