PDA

View Full Version : OW tickets (jetblue to MCO, airtran from MCO)

bcpage
03-28-2008, 05:04 PM
any downside to booking different airline for trip down and return trip? I found a good deal on jetblue to MCO, but the return fare is double...while airtran has a good price from MCO, but the trip down is almost double. So my plan would be book OW on jetblue to MCO and the return trip on airtran, any thoughts?

jekjones1558
03-28-2008, 07:15 PM
I have done different carriers each way with no problems. The only downside for us has been the cost of insurance (which we need). Round trip insurance on a single carrier is cheaper than 2 one ways on different carriers.

madge
03-29-2008, 03:30 PM
any downside to booking different airline for trip down and return trip? I found a good deal on jetblue to MCO, but the return fare is double...while airtran has a good price from MCO, but the trip down is almost double. So my plan would be book OW on jetblue to MCO and the return trip on airtran, any thoughts?

we flew Airtran on the flight down and Southwest on the flight home (in October) with no problems at all :)

shoes99
03-29-2008, 04:46 PM
I've combined Jet Blue and Continental one way travel and have not had any problems.

jenkh
03-29-2008, 07:07 PM
We did a SW/jetblue combo. No problems at all and would consider doing it again depending on the fares.

snowbunny
03-29-2008, 07:23 PM
The only downside of your plan is the Airtran setup at MCO - you can't leave your bags with the agent, they have to be dragged over to a special area (not very far away). If you have a lot of stuff (last year I had two teenagers coming home from camp) it can be a hassle. If you travel light, no problem.

Nedebpats
03-30-2008, 08:26 PM
I am doing the opposite of you, Airtran down to Orlando and Jet Blue home to Boston in July. I have done this before with no problem.