PDA

View Full Version : Driving from Sanford Airport to WDW?

TSNCS
03-28-2008, 12:26 PM
I know there was a thread on this, but I can't find it. Can someone post a link to this information?????????

Thanks!

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
03-28-2008, 07:29 PM
The easiest way is to follow the exit out of Orlando Sanford International Airport and when you encounter TOLL 417 just up the road, get on SOUTHbound. This road will take you pretty much nonstop and congestion free to Disney World. You can get off at Exit 6 (State Road 536) for some Disney destinations or Exit 3 (Osceola Parkway) for others. If you can bring a roll of quarters it would help you speed through the tolls by using the exact change lanes. This routing has 5-6 toll plazas along the way ranging from $.50 to $1.75 each.

If your trip is not going to have your cross Orlando during rush hour, you could save a lot of money by using I-4. Leaving the airport follow the signs to NORTHbound TOLL 417 (1 toll, $.50) and follow it to the junction of I-4 which you then take directionally southbound (although signed as westbound) to the various Disney exits.

BobK/Orlando

TSNCS
03-28-2008, 09:42 PM
thanks! We will be getting in late, around 8:30. So, we probably could take I-4.

KINGBOBOFTHENORTH
03-30-2008, 10:21 PM
thanks! We will be getting in late, around 8:30. So, we probably could take I-4.

At that hour, definitely. Lots cheaper and I-4 should be wide open at that time of the evening.

Try to leave the airport via the Lake Mary Blvd. exit as there is a ramp directly onto northbound TOLL 417 there. If you leave the airport area via Airport Blvd. you'll cross under the 417 and there won't be a northbound ramp. It's ok....follow the signs. They'll direct you to US17/92 where you'd turn right and pass under the 417 again and then you'll come to the northbound ramp.

Have a great visit!

BobK/Orlando

TSNCS
03-31-2008, 10:20 PM
thanks for the directions, bob!