PDA

View Full Version : Views at BCV?

Gillian
03-19-2002, 01:32 PM
I looked at the model less than a week ago, but I cannot remember what the different views are! Any advice on what to request? Does anyone remember the layout of the building in relation to the pool, beach club hotel & Epcot??

thank you!

OkieDisney
03-19-2002, 02:17 PM
I was just going to ask this question myself....!!!!

Any ideas?

:D

carone0318
03-19-2002, 02:25 PM
When we were there in 2000, I requested a Boardwalk view so my Grandmother could maybe watch the fireworks from the balcony. Well, it didn't do me any good. I got the Preferred view that I used my points for, but I had to stand somewhat bent over and to the left to be able to see the pool from my balcony. It was a total waste. This time when I go in June, we have a standard view, can't be any worse than what I had in 2000. Besides, I never sat out there because if you are sitting, you can even see over the balcony wall. Will update how the standard view was when I get back.

spiceycat
03-19-2002, 02:45 PM
I have not seem the BCV yet - but from the map it looks like you can get an EPCOT view - yea! that is my request for September.

you can probably also get a view of the quiet pool. and probably gardens???

You can ask MS when you make your reservations what the views are - I am pretty sure it is in their computers.

Disney Doll
03-19-2002, 04:26 PM
I generally don't request views, because I am not in the room that much, so I'm no help to you! Once when I stayed at the regular BC resort, we had a room on the side of the building facing Epcot that had a huge deck that we could see IllumiNations from. And we didn't even request it, we just lucked out!!!! Of course, it was MILES from the elevators, but it was a fairly private area and we really enjoyed that view!

mistermouse
03-19-2002, 07:49 PM
spiceycat...you mentioned a "map" of BCV, do you have a link to the map? Does it show the layout of the property?

Thanks in advance

spiceycat
03-19-2002, 08:20 PM
someone posted this a few days ago

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=170672

CaptainMidnight
03-20-2002, 07:20 AM
The talk on this board has been that the BCV won't have any views. It has been listed several times as a detriment to the resort.

spiceycat
03-20-2002, 08:10 AM
oh you can tell from the map - it definitely has an Epcot view. Like the BC but BC has a view of WS - this is probably of the FW.

DebbieB
03-20-2002, 08:23 AM
I think it's hard to tell until people stay there and report back. A lot of rooms on the Epcot side may have the view blocked by trees. I think the best bet is to request top floor.

Gillian
03-20-2002, 08:46 AM
I guess we'll have to wait for July!

I just posted on the map thread & bumped it up. Thanks for the link!