View Full Version : Availability at BWV..and what about BCV?

03-19-2002, 10:42 AM
This will be our second visit since we joined DVC. Last year we had no problem getting our home resort, BWV, we called 11 months out and planned our trip. This year we were thinking of skipping the vacation since we just had our 2nd daughter, 12/27. But we've decided we don't want to miss Disney--just can't do without it! I tried to arrange our vacation for the end of October and I couldn't get the BWV. I thought this was odd since it was still just prior to the 7 month window where others could reserve--does this happen often?? But the person I spoke with suggested the Beach Club Villas which I know are brand new -- don't know much about them though. Are they located directly across from BWV? Near the other boat stop? Also, the CM told me that to get the Beach Club Villas I could call exactly 7 months out from each day...book Friday, Oct 18 this Friday, book SAt, Sun Oct 19-20, next Monday, etc.. Does anyone actually do this? Book each day at a time? I never heard of doing that before. Any advice would be appreciated.


03-19-2002, 11:03 AM
Yes, we have done this several times at BWV - at the 11 month mark. Going over Christmas this year and taking family. I called EVERY morning to add the night to my reservations. I called right at 9 a.m. and still had to be waitlisted for one of my nights in a standard view for 4 of my rooms. I think peak times are worse, but at BCV I think it is because they are new now. Do what was suggested, book day by day, and hopefully you will get what you want! If not, try OKW - we've stayed there before and enjoy it too! Good luck.

03-19-2002, 03:40 PM
don't give up on your first choice - there are always cancelations - see if they will put you on the wait list.

BCV are closer to Epcot than BWV - like less than a 5 minute walk. but are further away from the Studios.

the BCV will be the closest to Epcot of all the WDW resorts/DVC resorts. Unless they start building in the parking deck maybe next to the monrail - well I can dream right.

Disney Doll
03-19-2002, 03:57 PM
As a matter-of-fact, I just booked a vacation(5 days)at the BCV for October 13-18,2002.It is not my home resort(OKW is), so I was working with the 7 month window, and had no problem booking a 1BR unit. I called on March 18th...exactly 7 months from my date of departure. Some people do a daily reservation thing, but I just do the whole thing at once.

The BCV are located between the BC and Epcot, so as far as walking distance to Epcot, they are a tad bit closer technically to it, but of course that puts them a bit farther away from the BW and the walking path to MGM. I was just interested to try them, because they're new and I like to check out the new properties at WDW whenever I can. Plus it's for my 40th birthday celebration, so I may as well live it up!!!! The Epcot Food and Wine Festival will be in full swing at the time we're there, and we always enjoy that. That was probably one of our reasons for choosing the BCV this trip...to be able to bop in and out of Epcot pretty much at will is a nice perk!!!!!!

03-19-2002, 08:14 PM
I too called on the 18th for Oct 12-18th for BWV with no luck but had no problem getting a 2 bedroom for BCV. Guess those who thought BWV would open up if people changed ressies to BCV when they became available were wrong. Since I didn't really care which resort I got I am happy with the end result.

03-19-2002, 08:42 PM
The end of October problem is the Food & Wine Fest at Epcot! It has gotten VERY popular. Somebody in our family couldn't make up their mind about going (not that I would mention names!) so when I called for the first week of November the resort was sold out, also. I'm waiting anxiously for the 7 month window so I can take a stab at BCV.