PDA

View Full Version : Who DOESN'T listen to the podcast?

Candid
03-26-2008, 02:16 PM
I just recently discovered the DIS podcasts! OMG, they are awesome!!! The panel is sooo funny!

So anyone who hasn't given them a listen, I encourage you to check it out.....come over to the dark side....we have kool-aid!!:lmao:

Grandbuddy
03-26-2008, 02:36 PM
But I am, after all, a senior citizen. How does one go about listening to a podcast? (If it involves an IPOD, I'm out of luck. I treasure the moments that noise is NOT entering my ears.)

ninety-seven
03-26-2008, 02:39 PM
You don't have to use an iPod. Just go to the site for the DIS unplugged and click the PLAY button. It will launch a flash player where you can listen on your computer, through the built-in speakers.

Grandbuddy
03-26-2008, 02:46 PM
You don't have to use an iPod. Just go to the site for the DIS unplugged and click the PLAY button. It will launch a flash player where you can listen on your computer, through the built-in speakers.

Yes, I do have attached speakers (even a sub-woofer). Thanks.

HEY, you can even listen while you are going from thread to thread in your usual addicted manner. I'm not an addict! I'm multi-tasking!!

Candid
03-26-2008, 03:01 PM
Yes, I do have attached speakers (even a sub-woofer). Thanks.

HEY, you can even listen while you are going from thread to thread in your usual addicted manner. I'm not an addict! I'm multi-tasking!!

Bwahahahaha, that's what they all say grandbuddy!! BTW, that's so tag fairy material!!!

HonnyDipp
03-26-2008, 03:45 PM
I have been meaning to check out the podcasts. Any ideas as for getting started?

tavettava
03-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I haven't, but I am curious.

Grandbuddy
03-26-2008, 03:54 PM
BTW, that's so tag fairy material!!!

OK, so "tag fairy" is another concept I haven't yet mastered....

ninety-seven
03-26-2008, 04:06 PM
The tag is the saying under your name. I think the tag fairy would be a moderator who decided to 'gift' you with a tag other than the default or your custom tag.

ninety-seven
03-26-2008, 04:08 PM
I have been meaning to check out the podcasts. Any ideas as for getting started?

The best thing to do is just start listening. I am subscribed through feeddemon, but you can also subscribe through iTunes or just listen to it on the DIS Unplugged page. I don't have an iPod either, so I just listen while I am at work.

If you look through this board, there is a post where someone indexed all of the shows. It is a great reference if you want to hear the show talk about something specific. I used this when I was planning my ADRs.

OOPS: It is a sticky in the DIS Unplugged thread: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1689157

Candid
03-26-2008, 04:18 PM

The easiest is to just click "play now" on the dis unplugged. My son and I download them to listen to in the car on our long drives to and from Taekwo-do. I've got him indoctri.....addic....hook...well, lets just say he likes them as much as his old mom :thumbsup2

tooh8ful
03-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Oh CRIPES!!!!!!!:scared1: What have you people done to ME????? I can't afford another addiction!

Candid
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Oh CRIPES!!!!!!!:scared1: What have you people done to ME????? I can't afford another addiction!

MWAHAHAHA...My evil plan has been discovered!!!

PiratesRock
03-26-2008, 06:35 PM
Never listened but guess I'll have to give it a try!!