PDA

View Full Version : Fancy A Margarita Love - Day 19 - New Years Day

saratogagirl
03-23-2008, 08:50 AM
We had a nice lie in on New Years Day and a relaxing morning spent watching a lady movie on the true movie channel, I can't really remember what is was about but I suspect something to do with a cheated wife shooting her other half, or a person who was adopted at birth trying to find their inner self, that is generally the theme of them.

Shopping today, and my favourite type - DISNEY SHOPPING, we headed over to Downtown Disney, and got some lunch at Puck Express, beef salad for Ian and pizza for me, both scrummy as always, have I mentioned yet that we love it here :rotfl2: we then partook of a margarita at the little shack as we needed to build our strength for shopping.

First stop was World of Disney, I am trying hard to remember what we got, a Cinderella Snowglobe, I have to have my snowglobe, two Mickey margarita glasses, a set of Mickey measuring cups, some shortbread for my dad, he loves Disney shortbread, I got the blue bag I had been after, as well as some phone and bag charms. From there we headed to Arribas, my mate collects the crystal Disney figurines, and has quite a collection now, she had mentioned Pooh in a Honey Pot, we found him and to be quite honest he was awful, it didn't look like Pooh, so I refused to buy it, instead we got her Pluto which was beautiful - sorry Helen !! We picked out an ornament each at the Christmas Shop and one extra for luck. We had seen a lovely 3D poster of Fantasia Mickey at the art of Disney, so we picked that up too, I always get the posters unframed, as Ian then frames them for me, it is good to be married to a carpenter.

All the shopping left us thirsty, so it was necessary to have another rita :rotfl2: . Before heading back to Saratoga we stopped at Goofys Candy Company to use our snack credits to get sweets for the nieces and nephews at home, we got a big basket full and took them to the check out, the lady was like sorry you can't have this and you can't have that, out of sixteen items we could only get three. We asked her to explain as normally we could get anything under $4, with it being January 1st the new dining plan had come into effect, so you could basically get anything that was just a single item, no mixed bags of lollies, or anything that said good to share, she said if only you had come yesterday, you could have got all the things you wanted. I wasn't really impressed as I had phoned DVC before we left to ask if the new dining plan would affect us, and was told no, as we would have paid for the old plan, we would be on the old plan till the end of our trip.

When we got back to Saratoga I went to the front desk and explained what had happened, the girl there told me I had been minsinformed by member services and we would now be on the new dining plan which meant no appetiser and no tip included, and there was nothing that could be done, I asked to see a supervisor and she called James, who told me the same story and that there was nothing that could be done for us, Ian joined me at this point and then it was a different story, we were asked how many table services we had left and where we would be eating, he then tapped away at his calculator and said I work out your tips would be this much, and your snack credits work out to this, would you be happy if I put a $150 credit on your key to the world card for your inconvenience, result, Ian must look quite scary - I dont normally like to make any fuss, but it turned out to be worth it....

Back to the room for a bit of a chill, and then we headed back to Downtown Disney, a rita of course to start the evening, and then a visit to the Sosa cigar bar before our reservation at Raglan Road, we had a bit of a wait, but no worry they had Pinot Grigio. Our waiter looked just like Peter Kay, which I had to share with him, he said that he was going to google Peter Kay when he got home, I hope he wasn't offended !!

We shared the Dalkey Duo to start, followed by Crock of Mussels for Ian and Shepperds Pie for me, really nice, for dessert we had the bread and butter pudding and an Irish coffee. We love Raglan Road and will definately be back this year.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l212/ian8213/304.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l212/ian8213/305.jpg

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l212/ian8213/306.jpg

Sorry if today was a bit boring, shopping, drinking and eating !!

KayleeUK
03-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Glad you are finishing you trippies :)

Boss Hogg
03-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Sorry if today was a bit boring, shopping, drinking and eating !!
What else is there to do Jules?:confused3 :confused3

Remind me never to mess with the Big Man!

mandymouse
03-23-2008, 03:29 PM
You can't beat a bit of shopping Jules, another great day :thumbsup2

tennisfan
03-24-2008, 07:22 AM
Another great day & a result with you complaining about the DDP:thumbsup2

natalielongstaff
03-24-2008, 09:14 AM
shame about the mix-up with the ddp.....i would have asumed you were right anyway ! still at least you got a result :thumbsup2

CustardTart
03-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Nothing wrong with a day of shopping, drinking and eating - in any order!!! Wow - I'm very impressed with Ian sorting your DDP fiasco!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: I'll know who to call on in future... ;)

DisneyJo
03-24-2008, 02:58 PM
Good job Ian turned up and looked scary :rotfl2:

UKDEB
03-24-2008, 03:51 PM
From there we headed to Arribas, my mate collects the crystal Disney figurines, and has quite a collection now, she had mentioned Pooh in a Honey Pot, we found him and to be quite honest he was awful, it didn't look like Pooh, so I refused to buy it, instead we got her Pluto which was beautiful - sorry Helen !!
Have I ever mentioned that I collect Rolexes? :rotfl:

jjk
03-24-2008, 09:20 PM
another great day:goodvibes

Chilly
03-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Glad they gave you some money. Good day overall.

Minniespal
04-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Another great day:thumbsup2

Strommie
04-08-2008, 02:54 AM
Lovely day:goodvibes

jockey
04-08-2008, 04:34 AM
Great report, glad you got sorted for the hassle with the DDP!:) We love Raglan road too :thumbsup2

arieljasmine
04-17-2008, 05:03 AM
Ah, Raglan Road, I wish I was there now! Bump would love those fish and chips! Great day, shopping and eating, what could be better? Glad you sorted out your dining plan eventually.

Laur's princess:

wicket2005
04-17-2008, 06:29 AM
Thanks for posting, I enjoyed reading it.:)

mark&sue
04-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Can't stay at Saratoga Springs without the mandatory visits to Raglan Road, such a short stagger back to the villas. Always a must for us. Can't believe we have to wait two years and two months before we go back. Stil your reports are bringing all the magic back to us.

Love your reports of our beloved Saratoga

Thank you

Susan

cap'njack.
05-29-2009, 05:05 AM
Another great day!