PDA

View Full Version : McDill AFB and Tampa info needed...

bunny213
03-18-2008, 03:38 PM
anyone living in this area?? DD and her husband (AF) and 6 children are moving to this base. They won't be living on base for the first time....what budget friendly stores and things are there?? She mentioned a store named Sweet Bay (I think) and she knows there's a Walmart within driving distance.
I did get her the # for the Angel Ministries...and she's already called them. The house is in a new area that's not too built up yet, about 30 miles from the base. I think it's called Wesley Chapel.
I've gotten so many wonderful budget ideas and budget recipes from all of you for her....I'm hoping someone can point us in the right direction here too.
So...any thrift stores? Goodwills?? what about the stores there, do they take coupons?
We appreciate any help anyone can give us!! :hug: Barb

Jaycey'smom
03-18-2008, 04:41 PM
There is a Sweetbay, SuperTarget, Publix, Super Walmart all right by there. They are also building a BIG mall right at SR52 and I75. That area is growing very fast!! If you have any other questions I would be more than happy to help!!

Southern4sure
03-19-2008, 07:31 AM
anyone living in this area?? DD and her husband (AF) and 6 children are moving to this base. They won't be living on base for the first time....what budget friendly stores and things are there?? She mentioned a store named Sweet Bay (I think) and she knows there's a Walmart within driving distance.
I did get her the # for the Angel Ministries...and she's already called them. The house is in a new area that's not too built up yet, about 30 miles from the base. I think it's called Wesley Chapel.
I've gotten so many wonderful budget ideas and budget recipes from all of you for her....I'm hoping someone can point us in the right direction here too.
So...any thrift stores? Goodwills?? what about the stores there, do they take coupons?
We appreciate any help anyone can give us!! :hug: Barb

I live close to Wesley Chapel. The only Goodwill I know is closer to me which is in Land O Lakes. IMHO, Publix has better sales than Sweet Bay. All the grocery stores take coupons but none double or triple coupons.

If you have anymore questions, let me know.