PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gift ideas for a 20 yr.old girl???

Dazer22
03-18-2008, 11:52 AM
I need to buy my niece a gift for her 20th birthday. Any ideas, other than clothing gift cerficates or cash.

Thanks, I am stumped on this one again.

Maddle
03-18-2008, 12:08 PM
How about a passport? They are good for 10 years, which means if she has no plans to travel any time soon, it will still be good later in her life. Of course that is a lot of money for a birthday gift, but not impossibly high....or maybe you could pay for the picture, or something like that.

If she already has a passport, how about a nice travel wallet to keep it in?

OR - how about a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure?

mj

ps - I know you said "other than a gift certificate," but mani/pedi - that is something she would have to participate in after the birthday.

Dazer22
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
I love the manicure and pedicure idea and would have never thought of this myself . I know she would love this.

Thanks.:)

Frankiesmom
03-18-2008, 12:46 PM
I know you said no clothing gift certs- but my sister just turned 20 and she always wants gift certificates! LOL I was thinking maybe a gc to where she gets her hair done? Or whomever she has a cell phone with? Just a thought. Good luck!

4boys531
03-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Unless she has a hobby or collection that you know about (scrapbooking or something like that), then I have to say I think a gift certificate is probably best, especially if she is in college! My aunts and uncles would get me a restaurant gc (Olive Garden or something like that) so I could go out and have a decent meal. Even a gas card I am sure would be appreciated!

actionvaughn
03-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I'm turning 21 next month and all I want in life is an Apple store giftcard towards a replacement iPhone and giftcards for Disney to buy pins at DLR.

:banana:

I'm no help, but try looking in to what shows she likes. I always love getting TV shows on DVD, or any old DVDs I don't already have.

scrapquitler
03-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Jewelry. DH and I have a new standard gift: a Pandora bracelt and a charm then after that, we can always buy more charms for the next gift giving occasion. You can get the bracelt and a charm for about $50.

Besides that, how about something super-practical like a AAA membership? It can save her money in lots of places and give her (and her parents) peace of mind that she can get roadside assistance if she breaks down on the side of te road.

PolyHereWeCome
03-18-2008, 02:19 PM
Well, really wanted to say a giftcard, but since you specified no to that, truthfully, whatever you buy, I would recommend giving a gift receipt. It's considerate.:hippie: