PDA

View Full Version : Update - Florida Childrens Hosp. Donation

Mrs Banks
03-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Hi All,

I found a great deal on a one day ticket with the Florida Children's Hospital.

For every donation of $59 you will receive 1 - 1 day ticket. I ordered a total of 8 for my family of 4. We can only go to the parks for 2 days.

Anyways I got the tickets on Saturday via Fed Express. It took about 7 days from the from the day I placed the order. I estimated I saved about $120. plus the money is going to a good cause.:thumbsup2

The tickets are cute too. One has Mickey on it with Donald and Goofy, one has Cinderella and Prine Charming, another one has the Seven Dwarfs riding Splash mountain and another with Mickey sogning autographs with Donald, Daisy, Goofy and Chip and Dale.

Just thought I would pass the info onto everyone. Have a good day :)

sueh
03-18-2008, 07:37 AM
I guess this is no longer available. :(

DianeV
03-18-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm sure people like the person selling the 'link' to get this deal on ebay helped contribute to them being gone quicker. I dont have a problem with more people getting the tickets and the hospital getting the money but making money to tell people where to find the tickets? That is pretty low

sarahlovesmickey
03-18-2008, 12:24 PM
wrong, just wrong...........

mrsklamc
03-18-2008, 01:18 PM
Wonder if some of those sellers/buyers are going to get bitten now that the link is no longer available.

raysnkaysmom
03-18-2008, 02:14 PM
OMG...that sucks!! I passed on the link to another forum here on the DISboards, and to a couple of my friends via email... had no idea people would do something like that :(
I didn't even get to buy any....have to wait for more income on my end...lol

Mrs Banks
03-18-2008, 03:22 PM
OH NO!!! I can not believe that they are no longer available. I would have never thought of that happening. I am happy I got mine but sad some dis'ers missed out on this great deal. :confused3

MomofKatie
03-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Oh, no- you mean they have pulled the offer? I just ordered mine last night at about 10pm, and the link was working then! I hope my order is honored, since I got a confirmation number.

I feel bad for the childrens' hospital- they will miss out on lots of donations now.

imsayin
03-18-2008, 04:04 PM
Oh, no- you mean they have pulled the offer? I just ordered mine last night at about 10pm, and the link was working then! I hope my order is honored, since I got a confirmation number.

I feel bad for the childrens' hospital- they will miss out on lots of donations now.

I'm guessing they had a limited amount of tickets, so they probably didn't miss out on any donations.

MomofKatie
03-18-2008, 04:20 PM
I'm guessing they had a limited amount of tickets, so they probably didn't miss out on any donations.

But I'm sure there are lots of people who would have donated $$ because of the tickets who won't now. I'm assuming the early end to the promo was due to profiteers selling the info, not because of tickets running out, but I may be wrong.

PrincessSuzanne
03-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Well that just stinks, because that was how I was going to purchase my cousin's 1 day ticket for our trip in June. Guess I will have to pay full price now. That is what I get for putting it off.

Why do people have to be so STUPID to use a charitable entity to benefit themselves? That just makes me HOT :headache:

Suzanne princess:

MomofKatie
03-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Well, I just got an email from FedEx stating that my package was shipped today from the FL Children's Hospital, so I guess I got my order in on time.

Mrs Banks
03-19-2008, 06:38 AM
I went on Ebay to see what people were selling the tickets for and they are selling tickets for more than you can get them at the Disney Store:confused3 I do not get why people would overpay for that.

Also, someone was selling fastpasses for 1.99 plus 8.95 to ship them HELLO!!!! I don't get it, tempting to buy fastpasses but I am sure they have expired and no way would I pay 8.95 to ship paper.

wendylovesdisney
03-19-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't understand - was the ticket link to an ebay auction? I thought it was a hospital site?

Kim&Chris
03-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I don't understand - was the ticket link to an ebay auction? I thought it was a hospital site?

Yes, the link on this site (and on Mousesavers) was directly to Florida Hospital. However, apparently some idiots were actually selling the link on ebay. My guess is that's the very reason the tickets are no longer available. Sad, because I wanted to buy a few for our December vacation.

DJT
03-20-2008, 08:33 AM
This morning I e-mailed Joshua Cowan with the Florida Hospital asking if there were any more tickets available for a $59 donation. This was his reply:

"This program is currently only offered through our hospital gift shops. You would have to visit one of our campuses in person to make a gift to this program.
Thanks,
Joshua"

Maybe this will help someone who lives in the area. :goodvibes

Donna

MickeyP
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Does anyone have the addresses of the participating hospitals? Can you post them. TIA

mtblujeans
04-22-2008, 07:25 PM
If you go to this page (http://www.ahss.org/Home/FacilitiesServices/tabid/128/Default.aspx), go to the first box on the upper left side, select FL as the state, the box on the right side will show you the Florida hospital locations.