PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial PJ: PICTURES!!! TR Day 2&3

dislovr
03-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Ok...so I am not donig an official PJ. I unfortuantely am not a Disney bride. I say unfortunately because I would love it but I am totally ok with having it at home and I do really feel that we are better off. So rathar than a "planning journal" I am just using this to post my ideas, planning and be able to ask some questions that I have and hopefully get some help...man that sounds alot like PJ dosn't :rotfl:

Anyway...ill start my introducing myself and telling a little about my HTB (I know that you ladies call them your DFi however, even long before we were engaged we always signed cards HTB/WTB...husband/wife to be)

Bride: me, Leah :bride:
I am 22 years old. I am a fulltime nursing student and LOVE it! I'd much rathar plan a wedding most of the time than do school work though so I really have to try to stay focused. I am VERY fortunate to have my parents supporting me through school. I am living at home rent free, they are paying for my school, and am able to only work every other weekend just to pay for extra things (like clothes, going out etc.) rathar than having to work lots of hours to pay for necessities. I guess you can call me spoiled because of this but at least I am aware of how good I have it and really appreciate what I am given and don't take advantage. The every other weekend I babysit. HTB calls me the nanny because he only has his kids every other weekend and I am there alll weekend and if he decides to take off for the weekend to Florida or SC I go with them (private jet its soooo cool). So its a good job during school to just give me the couple of bucks that I need.

Groom: Dave :groom:
Dave just turned 26 yesterday. I told him hes getting old. lol He lives at home with his parents still. Hey we figured why not take advantage with it and save some money. Anyway...he works at Friedman Electric in the warehouse. He hates it however...he makes good money for someone with out college education so he is sticking it out for now. Ideally he'd LOVE to work with computers, building, networking and all that kind of stuff. However, anything that pays descent is a good distance away so hes just waiting it out.

Details:

Date: 9/6/09
Ceremony: garden ceremony in NEPA
Reception: same place as ceremony but in the ballroom (www.theinne.com)

I am not putting a full cast of people. I havn't asked my BM's yet because frankly because we are girls there is always drama and who knows what will happen in 18 months. So I am holding out on that as long as possible. BTW what is as long as possible? lol

What I have accomplished:
Well obviously the date, and place also:
-dress
-colors
-invites

I also have a pretty good idea for:
-flowers
-cake
-menu

I guess that is all for now...I will elaborate on all of that on another day and I will also post some pictures of HTB and I as well as our meeting history and engagement story.

Man...this really sounds A LOT like a planning journal. Oh well, no one has to follow along if you don't want to. But when the time comes I will have loads of questions...esp about invites and BM's and their dresses etc. So just watch out for those and try to help me out!

IndyBride
03-18-2008, 12:51 AM
:rotfl2: I thought that bit about the BM was funny! I had a "friend" tell me that I was going to be a BM in her wedding. Fast forward 9 months and I wasn't even sure if I was invited to the wedding! I asked mine already, my weddings next may, but since it's an out of town wedding I wanted to give them time to prepare. But a lot of people say wait till the last second you can!

I can't wait to see what you have planned! popcorn::

dislovr
03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
:rotfl2: I thought that bit about the BM was funny! I had a "friend" tell me that I was going to be a BM in her wedding. Fast forward 9 months and I wasn't even sure if I was invited to the wedding! I asked mine already, my weddings next may, but since it's an out of town wedding I wanted to give them time to prepare. But a lot of people say wait till the last second you can!

I can't wait to see what you have planned! popcorn::

It is funny but so the truth!

So I suppose on with the story...

HTB and I have been together for a little over 4 years. We met October 2003 through an x-boyfriend of mine and mutual friend for the both of us. Let me tell you that this guy that introduced us is one of our really good friends (auctually will be HTB's Best Man). Anyway the only reason we ever really went out because all of my friends were dating his friends and we were the only 2 left so it just kind of ended up that way. We were never anything serious and he was auctually dating 2 of my other girl friends at the time. So anyway...

We started "going out" January 23rd of 2004. He was on a bowling league and one of the fridays that he was bowling he just started introducing me to his buddy's as his girlfriend so thats how the Dave and Leah saga began...kind of funn huh?

So he asked me to marry him October 29th 2007(i think, i auctually don't remember for sure, oops :eek: ).
We were at my grandmothers church for a dinner and to this day for some unknown reason she started introducing me as her grand daughter and then procceded to introduce dave as my fiance. Keep in mind that there was no ring on my finger at this time. So...we came home and I was playing Rattoluie (sp?) on the PS3 up in daves bedroom when he disappeared I figured he went to the bathroom. He comes back upstairs with a ring and asked me to marry him. Not very romantic but special all the same. He said he felt it appropriate to make it official since we were already engaged in grama's eyes. BTW...grama had NO idea he was planning on asking me. I knew it was coming but auctually didn't think he had the ring yet.

We have our appointment to do our paperwork for booking our ceremony/reception on Thursday at 4pm. We are "penciled" in as us disboards people call it, we jsut have to make it official.

Still to come....
Drama with the mama :scared1:
My dress and veil :woohoo:
Flower ideas...

dislovr
03-18-2008, 05:13 PM
Eh I was going to go clean but I've decided to procrastinate a little while longer and post a little more...

Ok first a picture...ive realized I have no pictures up...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/wedding%20projects/people%20pics/DSC00545.jpg

This is HTB and I. Not the most current picture but the best one that i've gotten right now. We NEVER get our picture taken together so im lucky I have this one. I have to book e-pictures now that we have a date booked. I wanted to book Randy for our trip to Disney in 1 month and 26 days (hehe) but that never happened so I am just going to book them here at home.

OK...onward with the dress I suppose. Let me tell you the place that I found my dress at was the 4th shop that I was at. Every other place compared to where I auctually made the purchase was a dump! The bridal shop is BEAUTIFUL! It is an old converted funeral home (wierd huh?) with wood floors, wood accents with statues, big chandlers, georgous area rugs. Let me tell you it must really help with their sales because I wanted to find "the one" there. Thats not why I bought the dress but it defintely didn't hurt. I look forward to going for fittings, and taking my BM's for dresses and they even have tuxes for HTB. Anyway here are the pictures:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20dress/DSC00903.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20dress/DSC00904.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20dress/DSC00905.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20dress/DSC00906.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20dress/DSC00907.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20dress/DSC00908.jpg

My favorite part is the back! I love how the buttons (even though fake) go all way way down the back to the very edge of the train and the details are beautiful. The first time I tried it on I cried. I went home and thought about it for a week. Decided to go back and try it on again and ended up buying it. And it was totally under budget! :woohoo:
Nothing like saving a couple bucks...I had a $1200 max on my dress and it was like 700 however...I made up for it with a $225 veil but still got 25% percent off the 225 so I guess over all I didn't do half bad!

Ok I am officially going to go do something constructive! I am off from school until after Easter but I have LOADS to do! :scared1:

DISNEYmooner2008
03-18-2008, 05:45 PM
I'm joining in!!! I wasn't a Disney bride, but I did just get married 1/5/08!! You two are a very cute couple!!!!!! Looking forward to your PJ!

DISNEYmooner2008
03-18-2008, 05:48 PM
First off, I LOVE your dress!!! It is sooo pretty!!!! Secondly, do you know where you are going to honeymoon at?? We honeymooned at Disney and had the best time!!! If you are interested, there's a link to my trip report in my siggy!

dislovr
03-18-2008, 06:00 PM
I'm joining in!!! I wasn't a Disney bride, but I did just get married 1/5/08!! You two are a very cute couple!!!!!! Looking forward to your PJ!
Congrats on the recent wedding! Thats so exciting. Remember this isn't a pj :rotfl:

dislovr
03-18-2008, 06:04 PM
First off, I LOVE your dress!!! It is sooo pretty!!!! Secondly, do you know where you are going to honeymoon at?? We honeymooned at Disney and had the best time!!! If you are interested, there's a link to my trip report in my siggy!

Thanks I love it too. lol. Umm...I put HTB in charge of the honeymoon. Originally we were going to Hawaii but obviously we want to do everything when we go so it will be like 10 grand so we've decided to put that off a few years and the new thing is DCL. I've been asking questions over on their part of the boards. We go to Disney all the time so we didn't want to do the typical trip. I will def. be checking out yours though! Thanks!!!

Ok...I don't know how to like muli-post and respond to several posts at once. Do you know what I mean? Can anyone help? Dumb question I know :rolleyes:

newyearsbride
03-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Hey! A fellow nursing student! ADN or BSN? Congrats on your wedding! It's totally ok having a PJ without technically a disney wedding! Can't wait to read more!

dislovr
03-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Hey! A fellow nursing student! ADN or BSN? Congrats on your wedding! It's totally ok having a PJ without technically a disney wedding! Can't wait to read more!

well eventually BSN but I am currently I am at a community college and will graduate with technically an associates in applied science but be able to sit for my RN state n-clex exam. If that makes any sense. I am going to take a year off for wedding and to getting settled in a hospital so that they will pay for my bachelors.

newyearsbride
03-18-2008, 07:52 PM
Thats always a great way to go about it! Get that money girl! Plus, you'll have a lot more experience when it comes to getting your BSN.

dislovr
04-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Ok first off...how do I make my pictures smaller??? I just realized they are sooo huge! lol

Anyway i've been really busy lately. Unfortunately its not with anything fun like wedding planning. I've been really tied up with school. Only like 5 more weeks of this semester and then I have the summer off yay!

Speaking of summer...I will be in Disney May 14-23rd. Anyone else gonna be there? Let me know. Dave is taking myself (bc im a poor college student) and his parents. When he decided to plan this trip I told him that he either had to foot the bill for me also or wait till after I graduated. Well he decided he didn't want to wait...how sweet of him :lovestruc
Anyway...im sure we will need some time away from the future in laws :laughing: a night at PI or something sounds good to me :thumbsup2
Let me know if you'll be in Disney!

Ok so in terms of wedding. We've officially booked and signed our contract. We have rented their garden pavillon for the ceremony their ivy room for coctails and their ballroom for the reception.
We've decided that after the ceremony we are going to go over to the national park (beautiful) for pictures and let everyone get in for coctails and then come back and get pictures (with no one around) around the garden area. I don't want hundreds of people out there snapping photos I don't want anything to distract us from our hired PAID photographer. lol

Here are the idea that I have for cake and flowers...

Summer I LOVE your cake and it so happen that its close to my colors (orange, yellow, and red) so your cake is my inspiration...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/cake.jpg

Also BM flowers...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/bridesmaid.jpg
I have a better picture of exactly how I want them to look but its on my lap top. They will have a wrapped stem.
Since I am editing I will add that better pic...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/yellowcallas.jpg

Inspiration for my bouquet...the only thing I don't like is all the exposed stems...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/weddingbouquet.jpg

There is also a bouquet in the PDF that disney gives of flowers that I really really like. But I can't figure out how to post just that picture and not the whole thing.

I also really like this bouquet for the colors but I don't like that flower at all! Too hawaiian for me. Would have been nice for a hawaii wedding (considered that too...auctually not expensive!) but not for one at home.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/flowercolors.jpg

Ok...thats all for now...I really have NO idea what I want for centerpieces but I will post some pictures of ideas in the next post.

dislovr
04-01-2008, 05:18 PM
Ok...here is what i've been looking at in terms of centerpieces...
The place includes centerpieces but its just a single flower in a vase and no way Im settling for that so i'll be upgrading. Here are some pics...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/gerbercenterpieces.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/Fallcenterpieces.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/fallwedding.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/centerpieces.jpg

Auctually now that I look at all the pictures the only one I really like at all are the gerber daisy's. I think i've been just saving pictures of centerpieces close to my colors and not really noticing that the are kind of ugly. I think the gerber daisy's would be cute in orange, red, and yellow don't you?

Ok...so I need some suggestions on set up for the reception. I've decided that the room for cocktail will be all white. No color at all. Only white cloths, napkins, and flowers. Then the colors will be in the ballroom for the reception.
Now I got the guy that owns the place to include our linnens in our price :banana:
So...in the ballroom I will have the floor length skirts and then colored overlays. I havn't seen the color samples but I was debating between burnt orange or red. Anyone have a suggestion either way as to which one?

FYI...I can highly recommend this place to anyone in NEPA area. I mean its not really fancy by any means but its good enough. And...its only 41.99 per person and that includes everything...all the rooms we are using, full bar, meal which has a salad, pasta course, choice of 4 entrees and cake and ice cream. And of coarse I also got the guy to include my linnens. So...from the rents I have a $20,000 budget but I am giving myself a $10,000 budget so that I have 10,000 to put towards our down payment. And of what I hear 10,000 is pretty cheap for 150 people so anyone looking for a nice but inexpensive way to have a wedding in NEPA I do recommend this place! :thumbsup2

Lizby
04-02-2008, 06:16 AM
Leah, it looks like your non-PJ is off to a great start! I really love the BM bouquets and the gerbera daisy centerpieces. As far as the table linens, you could decide if you are going to have a dominating color in your centerpieces, and pick a linen that is a different color so the flowers will stand out more. Looking forward to reading more! :woohoo:

lov2b@disney
04-02-2008, 06:20 AM
I like the gerber daisy centerpiece too! Such pretty, vibrant color!

Looking forward to more!

dislovr
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Leah, it looks like your non-PJ is off to a great start! I really love the BM bouquets and the gerbera daisy centerpieces. As far as the table linens, you could decide if you are going to have a dominating color in your centerpieces, and pick a linen that is a different color so the flowers will stand out more. Looking forward to reading more! :woohoo:

Thanks for the input! I'll have to think about it. I mean its not like I don't have time. :rotfl:
I just can't help it even though im so far away from the wedding. I want to plan stuff!!! I have some more ideas for centerpieces too...stay tuned for pictures!

I like the gerber daisy centerpiece too! Such pretty, vibrant color!
Looking forward to more!

Thanks! Everyone thinks im nuts when I tell them my colors. I think they are perfect for a fall wedding though :love:
And besides orange is my fav. color and they say if you like it go with it!

dislovr
04-02-2008, 06:30 PM
YAY, I am so happy to have more than one pages to my thread :lmao:

Anyway I have some more pictures of centerpieces. Once I realized I liked the gerber daisys I thought i'd google up some more ideas. Here are some pictures...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/gerber20centerpiece.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/gdaisys.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/daisy20centerpiece.jpg

I really really like the first arrangement. And I think it would look ok with the burnt orange overlays. I was and guess stil am considering red for the overlays but am a little afraid of the red :scared1:
I just wanted red as a slight accent color so im not sure if I want to go as far as having the tables covered in that color.

Like I said its not like im pressed for time im just chronic planner. Its an exciting time for a woman and I just can't help it. lol. Good thing I am a poor college student otherwise i'd be spending way too much money on little stupid unnecessary stuff.

Thats all for now. Thanks for reading!

elainefair
05-02-2008, 02:22 AM
I love your colors! So bright and cheerful!

I am going to enjoy following your journal.

Elaine :goodvibes

IndyBride
05-02-2008, 12:05 PM
Everything is looking really great!! I went to a wedding once where BM carried different colored gerbera daisy bouquets and I thought they were very pretty. Four years later I still remember them! That's gotta mean something ;)

dislovr
05-02-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks so much for the compliments! I didn't think anyone was reading this. Anyway...at first when I told people my colors they were about to die (esp my mother) until I showed them pictures and then their attitude changed. Its just one of those things you have to see to appreciate. :lmao:

Anyway I have LOADS to add and update and lots of pictures too but that will have to wait till next week. I am finishing up the school semester and have a tremendous amount of work/studying to do this weekend. But after next tuesday for a week I am dedicated to these boards. Can't wait to spend some quality time here will all you guys!!! :hug:

dislovr
05-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Hello everybody! I've decided to take the evening off from studying to give my brain a rest. I will be sooo happy when this final is over with!
Anyway...nothing better than the boards to get my mind off school work so i've decided to add a little bit of whats been going....

I made some disneyshopping.com purchases:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00941.jpg
After our last trip to the world our suitcase got massacered! So when Dave causally mentioned that we needed to get a new set before our next trip (we leave wednesday!) my first reaction was DISNEY LUGGAGE!!! He said absoutely not and I didn't listen at all. Once on disneyshopping.com and I found this red set I got him to agree. His favorite color is red and I got my Mickey luggage. Good compromise don't you think?

Next...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00955.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00956.jpg
These were just too cute to pass up. I know I am the horrible person that calls myself the disney lover and am not having any disney incooporated into my wedding. However these will proudly display a picture of each of us in our house after the big day.

And a gift from my hunny...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00957.jpg
He bought it for me for V-day this year because I was always looking at it in our hallmark when we went it. I LOVE it. It will be displayed in our house of coarse with other stuff from the wedding day.

That is all for now...up in the next update:
- Introduction of the bridal and grooms party along with pics
- My first craft projects
- Gifts I sent to my bridal party
- Centerpieces final decision!

dislovr
05-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Ok...I give up
I've tried to resize my pictures so that they are smaller and its just not working...so you'll just have to deal with pictures that are a little large.

camara381
05-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I love the luggage I can't con DF into letting me get some. Are you going to use the Precious Moments as your cake topper?

IndyBride
05-05-2008, 03:24 PM
I love the picture frames!!! They are so cute! And I love the precious moments cake topper! It is so cute!

dislovr
05-05-2008, 04:25 PM
I love the luggage I can't con DF into letting me get some. Are you going to use the Precious Moments as your cake topper?
No I will not be using it as a cake topper. We are just going to have flowers on the top of the cake no topper. About the luggage try finding a set in his favorite color then maybe he will compromise. It worked for me ;)

I love the picture frames!!! They are so cute! And I love the precious moments cake topper! It is so cute!
Thanks!!!

Ok, so a I am totally stressing out over my nursing final exam tomorrow. There is soooo much information. I've spent countless hours studying and I am still yet so unprepared. If I have to look at it much more I might vomit. :sick: I just pray that I know 75 out of 100 questions and then ill be fine. I am not asking for an A or anything I just want to pass the final. Please everyone pray for me!!! :scared1:

dislovr
05-07-2008, 10:08 PM
Ok...Introduction time...

Groom's Party:
Groom: David (obviously)
Best Man: John
Groomsman: Steven
Groomsman: Bradly
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/wedding%20projects/people%20pics/DSC00932.jpg
From left to right: Bradly, Dave, Steve, & John in the foreground

Bridal Party:
Bride: Me *duh
Maid of honor: Nicole
Bridesmaid: April
Bridesmaid: Tara
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/wedding%20projects/people%20pics/DSC00925.jpg
Nicole is to the left of me (if your looking at the pic) and April is on the right
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/wedding%20projects/people%20pics/tara.jpg
This is a picture of Tara and her fiance. Unfortunately I don't have my own current picture with her. She lives in NY and I miss her lots!

Well to tell you a little bit about each of the attendants. Dave's best man John is auctually a x-boyfriend of mine. He introduced Dave and I to eachother back in our party days and we used to drink together all the time. Brad and Steve both graduated highschool with Dave. Dave and Steve have been good friends since grade school and Dave became close with Brad in highschool.

I LOVE all my bridesmaids. Nicole (MOH) and I became friends back in girl scouts when we were young. She is like a sister to me and I Love her soo much! Umm...April and I became good friends in highschool. We would sit together in chorus class. Tara was also in girl scouts with Nicole and I. There is no one else that I would want there with me on my day besides these 3 girls.

Ohhh...I have one more introduction:
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00850.jpg
These are my babies shy and brandy! They wanted to come along and say HI to everyone!

dislovr
05-07-2008, 10:09 PM
I'd also like to let you all know that Nicole (MOH) has been lurking on my PJ. I think she should start an account so she can post and help me out with this PJ. Don't you all agree??? :cheer2:

Keira1387
05-07-2008, 10:10 PM
First, I LOVE your flowers! And you dogs are SO CUTE!!!!

dislovr
05-07-2008, 10:20 PM
First, I LOVE your flowers! And you dogs are SO CUTE!!!!
Thanks! There is auctually a sad story about flowers coming up at a later time. :sad2:

dislovr
05-07-2008, 10:35 PM
Alright...I took a nap this afternoon so I am sooo not tired now. You know what that means. I am going to add more to my PJ since im backed up from being in school. Finals are done now, theres not holding me back!

Even though all of my bridesmaides pretty much knew they were going to be in the wedding I wanted to make it official. So...I made these cards and sent them out...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00945.jpg

With the cards I also sent this...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00949.jpg
and these that I made...I got the appliques from the same woman on ebay that Caryn used...Thanks Caryn :thumbsup2
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00954.jpg

I also made a little newsletter. Just with the wedding date and info. I put them together because Dave wanted his guys to have something in writing. I am not posting pictures because they have lots of personal information however I did use Microsoft Publishing and it was very easy!

Still to come:
~ Centerpiece/floral changes

DecemberBride
05-07-2008, 10:50 PM
and these that I made...I got the appliques from the same woman on ebay that Caryn used...Thanks Caryn :thumbsup2
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/DSC00954.jpg

I also made a little newsletter. Just with the wedding date and info. I put them together because Dave wanted his guys to have something in writing. I am not posting pictures because they have lots of personal information however I did use Microsoft Publishing and it was very easy!

Still to come:
~ Centerpiece/floral changes[/QUOTE]

Love the tshirts! I bought mine online... I'm not so good with an iron or applying anything to clothing! You'r so creative... I'm missing that gene! :rotfl:

Love the PJ so far!

dislovr
05-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Ok, so I said there were some changes with floral and centerpieces...well first I need your opinion with the floral for the bridal party...

Ok...I am having 2 visions and I have no idea which I like better. There are things that I like about both...

It would be this bouquet for me...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/weddingbouquet.jpg
with some yellow calla lillies in it to match this bouquet for the BM's...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/yellowcallas.jpg

Or...something like this for me...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/gerber20centerpiece.jpg
but with more vibrant colors to match the girls carrying somehthing like this...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/Hand-tied-Bouquet-of-Gerber.jpg

So which look do you like better? I am really torn.

So...I bought my centerpieces! Ya totally didn't plan on buying centerpieces 16 months in advance. But after thinking about it I was stressing on how much floral would be for 20 tables to have centerpieces :scared1:
So...I happened to come across these is the add from bed bath and beyond
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/centerpieces-1.jpg
Yup...you guessed it I bought 20 of them. lol. My mother's dining room looks like a factory she is so waiting to get them out of there. lol.
I am going to put flowers in them instead of the shells. I accidently erased the picture of the mock one that I made up so you'll have to wait till I do it again. I think I am going to go to Michaels and buy a bunch of different fake flowers and see which looks best. And let me tell you...this will only wind up costing about $20 per table!!! Pretty cheap IMO!
Oh...and for our cocktail room on the few tables that will be there I am just going to get gerber daisy's and put them in a small vase like this. I havn't decided weather these will be real or not...oh and BTW they will be white...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/wedding%20ideas/gerbercenterpieces.jpg

Thats all for now...I will be busy all weekend so I won't be posting much. Hopefully it stays quiet around here! :cool2:

dislovrsMOH
05-11-2008, 09:15 PM
I'd also like to let you all know that Nicole (MOH) has been lurking on my PJ. I think she should start an account so she can post and help me out with this PJ. Don't you all agree??? :cheer2:

Isnt she going to make a beautiful bride??? Well she conned me into making an account..even though its a surprise..SURPRISE LEAH!!! I'm Nicole..the MOH..and I'm extremely excited for Leah's wedding and she knows that :yay: I'm not much of a disney fan..sorry ladies..but I know leah is (in my book..she's the biggest..sorry again ladies) and I will do everything i can to make her wedding disney magical even if its not going to be in disney. well i'm just chiming in right now..perhaps i'll write more later :cool1:

dislovr
05-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Isnt she going to make a beautiful bride??? Well she conned me into making an account..even though its a surprise..SURPRISE LEAH!!! I'm Nicole..the MOH..and I'm extremely excited for Leah's wedding and she knows that :yay: I'm not much of a disney fan..sorry ladies..but I know leah is (in my book..she's the biggest..sorry again ladies) and I will do everything i can to make her wedding disney magical even if its not going to be in disney. well i'm just chiming in right now..perhaps i'll write more later :cool1:

YAY!!! I'm so glad you came out to play. :rotfl:

IndyBride
05-11-2008, 10:04 PM
I like the first bouquet. But, I love calla lilies so I might be partial. ;)

dislovr
05-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I like the first bouquet. But, I love calla lilies so I might be partial. ;)

Well as of right now the calla lillies are 2/2 and the dasies are 0/2.

dislovr
05-14-2008, 11:21 AM
I am leaving for Disney! We are getting all ready now. Saying goodbye to the puppies and trying not to cry...:sad1:
I will be back friday before memorial day but won't be around till after the weekend. Talk to you all when I get back!

lurkyloo
05-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Have a great trip!

P.S. I like the first bouquet better too - it's more unusual and striking. :thumbsup2

OceanGdss
05-14-2008, 01:29 PM
Have a great trip!!! :)Maybe I'll see you there! And I like the first bouquet option ;)

camara381
05-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Have a wonderful trip!!!! I love the first bouquet, it's gorgeous.

Welcome Nicole!!!!! :cool1:

PixyDusted
05-14-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm all for the first bouquet. Who was the ebay person Caryn used for the tank appliques? I want them for my 3 bridesmaids! So fun (and cheaper than buying them from a bridal website).

HAVE FUN AT DISNEY WORLD! I can see Spaceship Earth and Tower of Terror from my office. :cutie: I'll think of you!

Lizby
05-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Have a wonderful trip, Leah!!!!! :yay: I like the first bouquet better too...it will set your's apart from your bridesmaids', and it is very unique and beautiful! I :love: all of the gerbera daisies you are using! They are some of my favorite flowers!

newyearsbride
05-14-2008, 05:42 PM
Have FUN and be safe! I definitely love the first boquet (but I'm partial to the lillies)

dislovr
05-23-2008, 11:57 AM
I'm back!!!! Not to happy to be either :sad1:
I will write a little bit about my trip sometime over the weekend but right now I am auctually about to go meet April and Nicole to look at bridesmaids dresses. Fun fun!

dislovr
06-01-2008, 07:48 PM
Ok I have been sooo incredibly busy since I got back from the world. I started orientation for my extern last week. Lets just say it was a VERY long week. I also started my night statistics class. So not looking forward to that class all summer. And technically I should be in bed right now because I have to be up at like five so I can get to work early. It never ends...
Anway without further procrastinations I am going to post a bit about my trip...

Well if you don't know Dave and I took his parents on their first every trip to Disney World. The trip began 5/14/08 when we left for the airport at approximately 1:30.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0377.jpg
This pic is kind of blurry. I pulled out my camara and was like "I need a picture for documentation purpose. lol

Even though we left home (about 2 hrs from airport) at 1:30 our flight wan't till 8:40. We didn't want to leave at the proper time and get stuck in Philadelphia traffic so we just left extra early and decided to get food at the airport and hang out.
While hanging out Daves mom was super excited and snapped a pic of this...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0379.jpg
That wasn't the exact plane we got on but the same kind.
Anyway at approximately 11:30 or so we got on magical express
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0505.jpg

Then sometime after midnight we arrive at our resort...YAY!!!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0494.jpg
Obviously since it was so late all we did was check in and go to our room. We had a great location even though I wasn't thrilled with the room. They gave us a handicapped room which sucked because there was no storage in the bathroom like the normal rooms have which I didn't like and Daves parents hated their bed. It was like a brick. I didn't care enough to change rooms and neither did they. They got used to it after a few nights.

dislovr
06-01-2008, 08:23 PM
So...we sleep in a little bit. I'm not sure the exact time. Daves parents were the first up and they went in a look a shower. I believe I was next and then Dave. We hung out till our resversation time at Wolfgang Pucks at 11:30. I am not sure exactly what I was thinking when I made that ressie but I suppose it worked out. So...we got to catch a bus to DTD. Wait a freaken hour for a bus. Wasn't the best first bus experience for Daves parents to have but what can you do. I refuse to get too angry when im in Disney. Anyway by the time we got to DTD we didn't have any time to look around like originally intended so we just made our way through DTD, pleasure island and down to westside.
We snappd some quick pics before going in...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0381.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0382.jpg

I have absoutely no food porn for the entire trip. I didn't carry my camara around at all during the trip. I figured Daves mom would take more pics but she didn't. Oh well...
Anway Dave had some kind of pasta which he enjoyed. His mother and I shared the meatloaf and his father had that as well. It was good but nothing specatular.

After our ressies we went back to DTD to catch the boat back to OKW. I had to be there to recieve our groceries. We ordered them from WE-GO-SHOP. Dave and I were just going to take a cab to pick up a few things but we probably would have spent more in cab fees than paying their delivery fee so we decided to go with them. Very easy to work with and very nice. They also shop where ever you want them to so I looked up the weekely ad for winndixie and placed my order and got the sales for the week.
Anyway enough about that...on to the Magic Kingdom!!!

Of coarse what other park would we first take Daves parents to??? MK is my favorite and I believe it became his mothers favorite as well. We first headed to adventure land and went out the ticki room?????
Ya...not what I would have choses as the first attraction but Daves dad was complaining and sweatting and a show was just about to be seated so Dave just wanted to take him in there to get cooled off. It auctually worked out because his mom ended up enjoying it. I guess if you have nothing else Disneyish to compare it to the it dosn't seem as bad. lol :laughing:
Next we head to pirates pirate: along the way there I also found out that Jungle Cruise was closed which I didn't know about. We walked through frontier land but didn't go on anything. I tried to talked Daves parents to go on Splash Mountain the who trip but was unsuccessful I was not happy. Once we got up to liberty square we went on hall of president. For me that meant nap time.
The one of my favorited the haunted mansion :hmghost:
I've seen the new updates but Dave was pleased with the updates. When we got to the room with all the wedding photos I told Dave I was going to behead him in all our wedding photos just like that. :rotfl2:
I thought it was funny. Daves mother also enjoyed this ride too.

After that we headed into fantasy land. We rode its a small world and peter pan and Mickey's philharmagic. That was when Daves mom realized she would really enjoy the 3D attractions.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0385.jpg
Philharmagic is my fav 3D in Disney. It is soo disneyish it makes me cry.

From there we went into tomorroland and got some food at the starlight cafe. Dave and I had burgers which were delicious because I was soo in the mood for it and his parents both had the rosted half chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. After that we went into the Laugh floor. This turned out to be Daves dad favorite attraction in all of WDW! Go figure. lol
He thought it was hilarous and was "that guy". Disney should really sell a shirt that says "I was That Guy at WDW's Laugh Floor with a picture of Mike on it." I would have bought it if they had it...i looked too. After that his dads feet were killing him. He wasn't complaining but we could all tell. We walked slowly and took in the atmosphere and the castle...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0389.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0392.jpg
(oops...i didn't rotate them photobucket)
We snapped some castle pictures which took awhile because Daves mom wasn't very camara savy and the exited the park and headed back to the room.

Hopefully I'll get to Day 2 tomorrow...stay tuned... :surfweb:
Ohh...and I believe we have more pictures from day 2...pictures are always good!

AeriellDawn
06-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I can't wait to read more! popcorn::

I think photobucket is having hiccups- I couldn't see any of the dress or flower pics! :worried: I wanna seeeeee... *whine*

IndyBride
06-02-2008, 12:05 AM

I think photobucket is having hiccups- I couldn't see any of the dress or flower pics! :worried: I wanna seeeeee... *whine*

I haven't seen many pics tonight either! :headache:

IndyBride
06-02-2008, 12:06 AM
It was their first trip to Disney? Ever??? Thank goodness you came into their lives to save them from a Disneyless life!

dislovr
06-02-2008, 05:40 PM

I haven't seen many pics tonight either! :headache:

Ok I don't know whats up with that. I moved some stuff around in photobucket and arranged them into albums. I think thats what messed it up. I will try to fix that soon. Auctually it will probably be friday night by the time I get to it. Stay tuned though...

It was their first trip to Disney? Ever??? Thank goodness you came into their lives to save them from a Disneyless life!

Ya it was his parents first trip ever. Crazy I know. Every time I hear someone say they have never been there I automically become a walking talking advertisement. lol I think everyone should go! Dave was never there either before meeting me and this past trip was his 4th trip. He refuses to keep going every year but he's finally agreed to every other year. :banana:

dislovr
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Ok...I am hoping all of my pictures are showing up. Please let me know if they are working now. Thanks!!!

Day 2:
I don't remember what time we woke up. This became a pattern of the trip and totally unlike me. I felt bad setting an alarm and waking up Daves parents and stuff. So usually I just slept untill they got up and after Daves parents would get out of the shower we would get up and go in the shower. Anyway...today was epcot day! We had ressies at garden grill for a late lunch so we'd thought we'd make the best of the day in the park.
We get there and first we decide to leave Daves parents on a bench and run to get fast passes for Soarin'. We head back to grab them and we head over to the living seas. We knew Daves mother would enjoy this so we auctually spent a descent amount of time looking around.
If I hadn't mention yet Dave's dad has problems with his feet. He can't stand on them at all for any amount of time and can only do limited walking. Well we all know how much walking there is in Disney. He refused to take the wheel chair that we got from OKW anywhere I think because he dosn't like not being in control so he didn't want us pushing him around. So since we spent hours in MK the night before even though we just got to EPCOT his feet were killing him. Dave decided to leave them at the Living Seas and go back to the park entrance to rent a ECV for him to use. That was the best decision we could have possibly made. Ok...sorry for the off topic rant...
I think after all the hoopla (where in the world did that word come from??? :lmao: ) we did imagination next followed by soarin and living with the land. Dave's mom also really enjoyed living with the land. By this time it was approximately 1:30 or so and we decided to check in for our ressies early. We were seated within 20 min.
In case you don't know the Garden Grill is a family style served restaruant and it is within the Land pavillion and rotates on a turnstyle during your meal. We had roasted chicken, steak and I believe pork? Sides included green beans, some kind of potatoes and im thinking there was something else but I can't think what it was. Everything was auctually really really good. We LOVED the steak! Even better than the steak though was the dessert. It was a crescent type thing filled with custard and topped with strawberries. I was sooooo good. We were so full but we stuffed it and it was well worth it!
Oh...I forgot to mention a little mouse and some chipmunks came with the meal too....and a dog...I think the should let little animals run around at all the restaruants!
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0396.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0397.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0398.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0399.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0400.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0393.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0394.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0395.jpg

Ok...I have to stop for now...I will finish Day 2 tomorrow or something. I have to get a good nights sleep tonight.

dislovr
06-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Day 2 cont...

After lunch with our animal friends we decided to take advantage of having rented the ECV and spend the rest of the day in the park, so we head for the countries! Well auctually Dave and his father head to the Mexico and Daves mom and I headed to get fast passes for test track. Ya of coarse we also ended doing things that the guys doing like, such as taking in the sites of the garden festivel and shop.
We had some fun with the hats in Mouse Gears...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0403.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0405.jpg
And took a few pictures of the garden festivel displays...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0406.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0409.jpg
They kept calling us to find out where we were. So...once we were done galavanting we went and met them in the Mexico pavillion.
We had some fun and played around a little bit...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0412.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0410.jpg
I think his mother looks adorable in that picture. lol
We rode the ride and walked around a little more. When we were done in Mexico we continued to walk around to each of the countries. His parents weren't too interested in most of the countries so we just did a quick walk through of most of them. By the time we got to Norway we were all really hott because it was a humid evening so even though it was like a half hour wait we decided to wait anyway since it was air conditioned. Daves mom started freaking out because she thought we were really going to go over the falls. LOL. We also grabbed a beer and soft preztel in Germany and stopped in American pavillion to listen to whomever was preforming. His parents really enjoyed that. Other than that we just walked through. Oh...when we made it to England Dave and his dad decided to have another beer and Daves mom and I had a woodpecker. It was an alocholic cider. It was sooo good and refreshing!!! And Daves mom dosn't like to drink really but she did really like that. For the rest of the trip after that we talked about going back and getting another one but we never did make it. When we were done with our walk throughs of the countries, we headed back to future world to use our fast passes for test track. It was fun the only thing was that we didn't get to watch the preshow because we had the ECV. They just escorted us right through that part and we went into our car. I guess it isn't that big of a deal but it is part of the attraction that they missed out on. Oh well...Daves dad really enjoyed this. lol. Dave and I sat in the front with a single rider next to him and his parents in the back with a single rider next to them. The guy next to Dave screamed like a little girl :scared1: . It was sooo funny, I was laughing histerically! I asked him if he wanted to do it again and he said no. :lmao: I've never seen anyone act anywhere remotely close to that on test track before. Of coarse upon exiting the ride we had to check out the display cars. I found one I really like...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0419.jpg
After that I believe it was like 7:45 or so, so we decided to head back to world showcase and pick a spot for illuminations. We had a really good spot. Can't tell you what country we were in though because I don't remember. We hung out between 2 tent things that had stuff for the flower/garden festivel. We were the only ones there until the show started. I cried of coarse. The show was really really good. I havn't auctually got a good spot and watched it in its entirety in many many years so it was nice to do that. I was watching Daves mom for some of the show. Watching her made my tears flow even more. You could really tell that she was enjoying herself, I believe she had a tear in her eye as well even though she won't admit to it. lol
We hung out and let the crowd pass before we headed to the exit. We were all tired because we spent most of the day in the park. Totally worth it though. We headed back to OKW and called it a night.

dislovr
06-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Saturday May 17th
Sorry no pics from today...:(
We decided to relax today. We didn't have a reservation anywhere or anything so we were just going to do stuff as we felt like it. Well I slept in till like 10. I must have been out cold because I didn't hear anyone else get up or anything. I wasn't very happy that they all let me sleep so long. They even went for breakfast at Oliva's without me :mad: Oh well we are in Disney and I was over it. We decided to get suited up and go to the pool. We hung out there for a couple of hours. It felt good on Daves dad feet and none of us were in a hurry to go anywhere so we jsut kind of hung out. I suppose around 330 or so we headed back to the room and clean ourselves up a bit. After everyone was ready we decided that today we would go to eat at the ESPN zone at the boardwalk. I believe to get there we took a bus to MGM (ya I know its technically hollywood studios but I don't care) and then go on the boat and rode it around to the boardwalk. On every trip Dave and I have had good experiences at the ESPN zone we thought it was easy, convinent, good and reasonably priced. Well...that all went out the window after this experience there. We got the wings which were not good at all. I've always like the wings too. We were also very disappointed with the menu selection. Dave and I had gotten good wraps in the past and there wasn't any wraps on the menu this time. Dave and his father got the pork BBQ and his mother and I shared the chicken ceasar salad. The guys hated their pork BBQ. It was greesy and made the bun soggy. The bill wound up being really expensive too. Needless to say we were not happy and will think twice about visiting it again.
When we were done we walked around the boardwalk. We went into the Wyland gallery and Daves mom took a ton of pictures of the different dolphin stuff because Daves sister LOVES dolphins. We came home and noticed something about the one picture...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0421.jpg
Look there is someone familar in that picture...and i'm not talking about the dolphin...
Ok so I lied about there being no pictures for today...there are three because next we had some fun with the hats in the general store...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0427.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0428.jpg

When we were all done playing we got back on the boat and headed back to MGM. First thing we hit was the potty room. :rotfl2: It's amazing the things you remember huh? Then Dave and I left his parents on a bench somewhere and ran down to check on the wait for RRC. Never in a billion years did we think there were going to be any fast passes since it was already like 6 but there were! Of coarse we didn't have his parents park passes so we ran (briskfully walked) back to them to get them and then preceeded to get the fast passes. We had like a little over an hour or so to wait for our passes time. His dad was miserable this evening and was not cooperating. I got mad and got moody too. Dave and I wound up leaving them on the bench and walking around. We didn't do a single thing just walked around. I was still annoyed so finally I turned to Dave and demanded that he give me his cell phone. I waited for a non-Disney ECV to pass by and called to rent one for the remaining of the trip. Hopefully this will help us enjoy the rest of the trip. When we were done wandering we went back to meet his parents. Dave, his mom and myself went to use our RRC fast passes. Before we knew it we were in the loading zone and Daves mom was freaking out asking what the hell we were doing to her. lol. This was the first real thrill ride that we were taking her on. Well...she wound up loving it! I knew she would, she is such a good sport. Well since Daves dad was still in a bad mood after our RRC ride we just went to catch the bus to the resort.

Coming up in the next few days...
-Does the ECV save our trip?
-Are there bed bugs in Disney?

dislovr
06-07-2008, 10:42 PM
I totally forgot to post some pictures with day two...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0413.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0414.jpg

And finally Canada...we always try to get some nice pictures my the falls...
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0415.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0416.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0417.jpg
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t191/vnukl/Disney%202008/100_0418.jpg

Lynn5700
06-08-2008, 12:04 AM
Ok I'm all caught up!!!!! your colors are beautiful..love your gown and veil...it's similar to mine..it's just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

DansBride2009
06-08-2008, 01:47 PM
i really must learn to read the whole thread before i post lol. your wedding things looked lovely. contrats !!

dislovr
06-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Ok I'm all caught up!!!!! your colors are beautiful..love your gown and veil...it's similar to mine..it's just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Lynn!!! I am so happy to see you around. It's hard to get caught up on everything when you go away for awhile.

i really must learn to read the whole thread before i post lol. your wedding things looked lovely. contrats !!
I do that all the time too. Thanks everyones positive opinions helps me with being satisified with all my decisions. Its hard when there are so many options to not change your mind.

IndyBride
06-08-2008, 08:06 PM
So far it looks like you had a fabulous trip!