PDA

View Full Version : checking DING

hugabearjo
03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Help!!! I know back in 2004 or 2006 when I was planning my trips that there was a back door way to access Ding. Some were discussing it for use at work. I have used Ding for years and loved it, I have saved a bundle through the years. But, I got a new computer and it has Vista, it lets me download it and it even dings when there is a special but, it won't let me open the link to get the specials. I have tried to work with the security settings but, I really don't know what I am doing.

Does anyone know how to check through the back door without the download? Or does anyone know how to make Vista accept it?

I even uninstalled it and redownloaded it, same thing...... :(

Please help this computer challenged Dis'er

Thanks-
Jo

fostrmom2mny
03-17-2008, 11:27 PM
Good luck Jo. I'm so computer illiterate, I can't even figure out the regular ding :confused3

miss missy
03-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Help!!! I know back in 2004 or 2006 when I was planning my trips that there was a back door way to access Ding. Some were discussing it for use at work. I have used Ding for years and loved it, I have saved a bundle through the years. But, I got a new computer and it has Vista, it lets me download it and it even dings when there is a special but, it won't let me open the link to get the specials. I have tried to work with the security settings but, I really don't know what I am doing.

Does anyone know how to check through the back door without the download? Or does anyone know how to make Vista accept it?

Thanks-
Jo

I have it on Vista and it works fine. I am not sure why you cant get it to go... but I go to this place http://www.windowsbbs.com/ with those kind of questions... they are awesome!

p.s. be sure to tell them what DING is though... mention Southwest and download program. Make sure you ask in the Vista area.

PGHDisneyfan
03-18-2008, 07:42 AM

Thanks-
Jo
Jo,

I just book through "Ding" for our May trip to Disney (Pittsburgh-Orlando), yesterday. All I did was Google it, no download :confused3 . I do remember a few years back with my old laptop I had to download the page but for some reason I didnt have to this time around.
Brent

EverythingDisney
03-18-2008, 08:05 AM
I have vista, and my DING works fine. It sits in my tool bar, and shows me a piece of mail when I have a DING. I just click on the mail, and it opens to the page of the specials.

sarah4770
03-18-2008, 10:56 AM
I hate windows Vista! I have had so may problems with it, but I have ding installed on my computer w/ vista, it is working fine.