View Full Version : stimulus check schedule

seanandkaitsmom
03-17-2008, 05:18 PM
This is from the irs website updated today Direct Deposit:
last 2 digit of SS# Date
00-20 May 2
21-75 May 9
76-99 May 16

If you're getting a paper check it doesn't begin until May 16 and it is broken down differently.
Ours will arrive on May 9 just a little before our June trip to WDW:banana:

http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=180250,00.html

this is the like to the page at the IRS!!!

T. Lynn
03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Cool...May 9th for us. I'll be happy with that.

HeyIt'sMe
03-17-2008, 05:25 PM
May 2 for us. :)

gibsontrio
03-17-2008, 05:30 PM
does it go by the person who filed first? If you efiled do you get direct deposit?

natenapril
03-17-2008, 05:31 PM
Whooo HOOOO . In time for our DL trip!!!!!!!!!!!

ajh88
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
You beat me to it - I just saw the schedule on the news and I was going to post it!

I believe what I read on the IRS website is that if you chose direct deposit for your refund, you will get your stimulus check via direct deposit also. There are a lot of caveats with it though (like if you got a refund anticipation loan or had your refund split between multiple accounts), so you should look at the FAQs on IRS . gov.

bnhasak
03-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Wow! That is great! We weren't expecting ours until late this summer. Our trip isn't until August, but nothing wrong with paying for it early!

rileysmommy
03-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Oh good, we should have it in time to pay ds's preschool tuition.

kimbac3
03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Anybody try the calculator?? I got a weird amount. It should be $2100 for my family and it came up $1558:confused3 :confused3

Doesn't make any sense......

Kimba

mamalle
03-17-2008, 06:49 PM
mine came right like I had thought at $1800. retry it :confused3
wow 5/9 seems quick..

disney1990
03-17-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm bummed. My DH's Social Security number ends in 99. We filed a paper form since we owed the IRS. I guess we will be waiting a long time. :mad: :mad:

crazelion
03-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Thank You

mamalle
03-17-2008, 07:04 PM
hey if you filed a paper return like I am read this:

. If I'm not expecting a refund, should I still fill out the direct deposit line on my return so I can get my stimulus payment direct deposited?

A. Yes. Even if you aren't due a refund on your tax return, filling out the bank routing information will allow for your stimulus payment to be direct deposited.

I owe also and filing by paper but on my return I have my bank account info for direct deposit for this- I am correct that it will be deposited or will I be waiting till June??

cruisnfamily
03-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Anybody try the calculator?? I got a weird amount. It should be $2100 for my family and it came up $1558:confused3 :confused3

Doesn't make any sense......

KimbaI'm guessing you're a family of 2 adults and 3 kids. I think you're amount was reduced because your tax liability must only have been $658. That would be $658 + $300 per kid. I could be off but that's how I"m seeing it. I believe it's supposed to be anywhere from $600-$1200 for a married couple depending on the amount of taxes you paid last year. The calculator has you enter the amounts right off of your 1040 form so I'm guessing this is how they will actually be calculating it.

december
03-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you! The other thread had ours coming by July 4th. I like May much better. We are moving and I'm going to close the acct we had our refund sent to, but I can leave it open until May! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Just did the calculator-mine came to the expected $1800.

Andreas Mom
03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Ok so I get when we are getting our checks so this may be off subject a little. And I also understand the purpose of all this...to stimulate the economy. What im wondering is all this going to bite us i nthe butt next year come tax season? Will this be $1500 less from next years taxes? Will I be claiming this as income. I am just a bit confused on the repercutions (sp?) of all this. Am I missing something? :confused3

smacky1
03-17-2008, 07:18 PM
What happens if the account you used to file your return is now closed??? My brother is getting a divorce and they have closed their joint account, which is where they had their tax refund deposited. thanks

Tissa
03-17-2008, 07:30 PM
What happens if the account you used to file your return is now closed??? My brother is getting a divorce and they have closed their joint account, which is where they had their tax refund deposited. thanks

From the IRS Website
Q. If I use direct deposit for my tax return refund and my bank account information later changes, what will happen when my stimulus payment goes out?

A. Typically, the direct deposit will be rejected. After the IRS receives a rejection notice, the payment will be converted to a paper check and mailed to you.

madge
03-17-2008, 07:56 PM
You beat me to it - I just saw the schedule on the news and I was going to post it!

I believe what I read on the IRS website is that if you chose direct deposit for your refund, you will get your stimulus check via direct deposit also. There are a lot of caveats with it though (like if you got a refund anticipation loan or had your refund split between multiple accounts), so you should look at the FAQs on IRS . gov.

bah. We split our refund, so we don't get ours direct deposited. :mad: If I'd known that, I would have picked one account. hmph.

cjstarr
03-17-2008, 08:17 PM
$2100 on 5/16!!! DW says thats her spending money:rotfl: :lmao:

boufa
03-18-2008, 04:59 AM
Ok so I get when we are getting our checks so this may be off subject a little. And I also understand the purpose of all this...to stimulate the economy. What im wondering is all this going to bite us i nthe butt next year come tax season? Will this be $1500 less from next years taxes? Will I be claiming this as income. I am just a bit confused on the repercutions (sp?) of all this. Am I missing something? :confused3

No, this money is not an advance on next years refund, it is a rebate. What technically happened to cause the rebate is that the taxes for 2008 were lowered. This is for 2008 only. So instead of changing the way you calculate your taxes, next april, they are giving us the difference now, and then doing next year the normal way.

MiaSRN62
03-18-2008, 06:13 AM
From the IRS Website
Q. If I use direct deposit for my tax return refund and my bank account information later changes, what will happen when my stimulus payment goes out?

A. Typically, the direct deposit will be rejected. After the IRS receives a rejection notice, the payment will be converted to a paper check and mailed to you.

Thanks for this info. We did have direct deposit in Feb of our refund, but on March 4, we were victims of fraud and had to close this account and open a new one. I wish there was a way to supply the new account info instead of having a delay waiting for a check.

jckdisneybound
03-18-2008, 06:29 AM
Hmmm I just did the calculator and we should be getting $1500 (600+600+300) and it says we're only getting $900. We meet all the criteria, aren't over the income limit for phase out and paid way more than enough in taxes.....

Andreas Mom
03-18-2008, 08:55 AM
No, this money is not an advance on next years refund, it is a rebate. What technically happened to cause the rebate is that the taxes for 2008 were lowered. This is for 2008 only. So instead of changing the way you calculate your taxes, next april, they are giving us the difference now, and then doing next year the normal way.

So in a way....free money? :confused3
I may just need more coffee :rolleyes2

Mic
03-18-2008, 09:06 AM
I just used the calculator to figure my rebate amount, but 2 of my 4 children are 17 or over, so my oldest two don't help me at all! And they are the 2 that cost the most(car, car insurance, college tuition, college housing, etc.)

My silly BIL(and silly is a nice word) tried to convince me that my two older children(ages 17 and 19) are worth $600 each as far as the rebate checks go. Imagine his surprise when what I told him happens to be right...neither my older teens nor HIS oldest son is worth a dime! And he was so sure he was right...

LisaNJ25
03-18-2008, 09:16 AM
I just used the calculator to figure my rebate amount, but 2 of my 4 children are 17 or over, so my oldest two don't help me at all! And they are the 2 that cost the most(car, car insurance, college tuition, college housing, etc.)

My silly BIL(and silly is a nice word) tried to convince me that my two older children(ages 17 and 19) are worth $600 each as far as the rebate checks go. Imagine his surprise when what I told him happens to be right...neither my older teens nor HIS oldest son is worth a dime! And he was so sure he was right...

LOL your bil sounds like my older sister. She also swears she is getting it back for her 18yo son and 20yo daughter. One is in HS and the other one is not is school. I told her about the online calculator but she hasnt done it yet.

I am still trying to figure out how she claimed my 20yo niece and her grandson on her return also.. and that.. got got over $900 on state tax when she never paid a penny into it

goinback
03-18-2008, 09:19 AM
I tried the calculator as well, mine was supposed to be 2100 as well, and is coming up 1500. I played with the numbes to see what would happen, and no matter what I do it is coming up 1500. What gives?

kfeuer
03-18-2008, 09:34 AM
I'm getting tired of them always basing these payouts on social security numbers (yes, DH's SS# ends in the 90's, I'm bitter :rotfl: ) At least reverse the order so that the same people don't get their money last every time.

peggster
03-18-2008, 09:44 AM
I'm getting tired of them always basing these payouts on social security numbers (yes, DH's SS# ends in the 90's, I'm bitter :rotfl: ) At least reverse the order so that the same people don't get their money last every time.

I agree with you (and of course I'm biased because mine's in the 90s too :) ). I know it's a small thing, but seriously, can't they reverse the order every once in a while? :rolleyes:

MelAnderson
03-18-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks for the info!

:cool1:

ess
03-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks for this info. We did have direct deposit in Feb of our refund, but on March 4, we were victims of fraud and had to close this account and open a new one. I wish there was a way to supply the new account info instead of having a delay waiting for a check.

If you opened your new account with the same bank check with them to see what happens when your rebate check comes in. It may default into your new account number.

Kitzka
03-18-2008, 11:39 AM
Thanks for posting this. We are getting a papercheck and DH's last numbers are in the 90's as well so we are looking at the middle to end of July. A little late for our non disney June vacation but atleast it will come in time to help pay for DD's dance lessons in the fall.

Lara

Mickeyherewecome123
03-18-2008, 01:55 PM
Too bad I wasnt getting mine by May 2nd, cuz that is the day we leave for WDW. I am not complaing, cuz now I can spend the money on somthing other than our Disney trip:rotfl:

MiaSRN62
03-18-2008, 05:53 PM

I'm with ya 100% on this Mic ! It's frustrating. The kids were much cheaper when they were little !

If you opened your new account with the same bank check with them to see what happens when your rebate check comes in. It may default into your new account number.
Thank you ess....it was the same routing number/same bank. I will check with them about this. It would be nice if it would default to the new account.

Taja
03-18-2008, 06:06 PM
Another vote for reverse SS# order! *LOL*

Or reverse alpha order. I'm usually at the end, either way! :)