PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Card

tekoa
03-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Considering purchasing a Disney Gift card instead of travelers checks for our upcoming trip. If there is a balance left can we go to the local Disney store and recieve the money back in cash. In other words if we put $500 on the card and only use $400. Can I in turn go back to the Disney store and get my $100 in cash. Hope this isn't too muddled. :confused: thanks.

Wilsonfamily4
03-16-2008, 10:45 PM
nope

r5moores
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
No you cant. We just inquired about this yesterday when we bought our card. We were told if you dont use the card at all and you come back in to the store with your UNUSED card and your original receipt they will refund you back. If it is used it will stay on the card as a credit as the cards do not expire.

For more info in the card go to http://disney.go.com/disneygiftcard/index.html

it has all the answers to any questions you might have

hope that helps:thumbsup2

actionvaughn
03-16-2008, 11:26 PM
It might defeat the purpose of getting the gift card, but would you consider getting Disney Dollars? If you do not use them all, you can exchange it for money at the end of your trip. Not entirely sure if you can do this at the Disney Store, but I know you can buy them there.

TheDisneyGirl02
03-17-2008, 01:20 AM
The gift cards don't expire so even if you don't use all of it in one trip, you can save it with no penalty until you go again. :)

tekoa
03-17-2008, 07:01 PM
Thank you all for your help and answers.