PDA

View Full Version : favorite place for 2 home/retirement??

dis2cruise
03-16-2008, 02:28 PM
My mother is considering to purchase a 2nd home for her retirement and was
Just curious where your dream location would be for a 2nd home or your retirement home??? Or if you are lucky enough to have one already where is it??

eliza61
03-16-2008, 02:49 PM
I'm an admitted Francophile so my dream location would be Provence France. My dh & I are thinking about Savannah Georgia or Western North Carolina as retirement venues. I've never been out West (colorado, Arizona) which I have heard is absolutely beautiful so I'm holding out until I can visit those states also but only as a summer home.

SuzanneSLO
03-16-2008, 05:38 PM
We have a second home to which we hope to retire some day in Maui. We bought it soon after 9/11 and at the time it was cheaper than a comparable condo here in California. Until we retire, we are renting it as a vacation rental, so we hope to be able to pay off the mortgage before we move over there. -- Suzanne

Danemom
03-16-2008, 05:48 PM
Serious Disneyaholic here because mine would be in Celebration. :earsboy:

minkydog
03-16-2008, 08:16 PM
I'd like to have a 2nd home in the Olympic peninsula so i could spend summers out there and winters in Georgia.

nelle
03-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Mexico!:lovestruc Either in the south around the Mayan Riviera or Merdia which is also in the Yucatan Peninsula but not Cancun!!!!
My DH and I were just talking about this and decided that flights to Mexico were much cheaper than the other places we were talking about (Belize, Roatan, Costa Rica) since we have to buy 6 tickets until our kids are grown. I would still consider the other countries but it would probably cost us 3-4K for plane tickets :scared1: and thats too much for my cheap pockets.

Cheshire Figment
03-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I know some people who live in Miami and own a house in my development. They commute two or three weekends a month. Have them check out www.solivita.com . From my house to parked and clocked in at DHS is usually less than 45 minutes.

This is an over 55 community. At least one of the purchasers and residents of the house must be at least 55, and there can be no permanent residents under the age of 18. I am allowed to have guests under the age of 18, but no one child may spend more than 30 days with me during each calendar year. (And I tell various relatives that I will be willing to host their kids for no more than a week at a time, and there must be at least a week between children visiting so I may reconver.)