PDA

View Full Version : Which Dave Bach book?

castleview
03-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I was in the book store and looked at some Dave Bach books. I know some of you enjoy him and wanted to know your thought on which book to get. I was mainly looking at Automatic Millionaire and Start Late, Finish Rich. DH & I (I'm a SAHM) have three kids under 8, a good Northeast mortgage, and DH may be going back for a sixth year degree (school system he teaches at will cover 1/3).

Anyway, which book do you think is a good start? TIA

Debbie
03-14-2008, 05:36 PM
For a start, I'd get The Automatic Millionaire. I have a couple of versions of that, and have passed them on to the kiddos. He has a new one coming out in April, and I'll have to get to the library to place a hold. It's called Go Green, Live Rich: 50 Simple Ways to Save the Earth (and Get Rich Trying). I really like how he lays out the plan, simply. I have an ING account to "pay myself first", and that, along with all of my "envelopes" in Quicken is helping to put this family back on track. :thumbsup2

problemchild718
03-14-2008, 09:19 PM
Why not borrow one from the library to try it? I like Automatic Millionaire and Smart Women Finish First, but you really can't go wrong with any of them. I actually like them more than Dave Ramsey's books (although I like his as well.)Are you going to read it more than once? If so it might be a book to buy-otherwise, keep the money in your pocket and borrow it :)

clarabelle
03-15-2008, 06:04 AM
Are these "Get out of Debt" books or do they go beyond that?
Thanks

castleview
03-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Our library is very small, so I would have to get it through inter library loan and wait about a week and a half- which is fine, I did it with Dave Ramsey's book. Plus I have some delicious discounts and coupons for Barnes & Noble this month! I figured I get one while ordering the other on library loan.

LoriKutchey
03-15-2008, 07:44 AM
I actually thought "smart couples finish rich" was the best of the bunch, then "smart women finish rich" by the time I read "automatic millionaire" we were already doing most of that stuff.

Lori