PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable, Womens Clothing deal

Deanna64
03-14-2008, 11:33 AM
How would you like to get Womens items for 10.00? Then when you buy more it goes to 5.00 an item. This clothing line has been seen on HSN and the only reason that they are so low is because they are changing the companies name.

I got 2 jackets, 2 pairs of jeans, 2 skirts, 2 tops, 2 necklaces for 53.00
That includes S and H.

Here is the link.

http://www.ioscatalog.com/

Happy Shopping!!!:banana: :yay:

kristenrice
03-14-2008, 12:05 PM
WOW! Thanks!

I just got 2 sweaters and 3 shirts for a total of $30.99 incl. shipping!:thumbsup2

Now, I just have to hope that it fits and looks as good on me as it does on the website.:lmao: If not, look for it on e-bay!:rotfl:

DawnM
03-14-2008, 12:21 PM
Are you sure this is actually worth more than the price?

I remember the same fishy story about ELF make up at Christmas....someone sent a post saying that this was Nordstrom quality make up for only $1 each and that Nordstrom carried it but the make up company was going through a name change so all their make up with the name ELF on it was just $1.

Turns out this was not true at all.....ELF make up is always $1 each and has never been at Nordstroms.

Sorry, I am just really skeptical about something with the exact same story line.

Dawn

Deanna64
03-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Hi Dawn,

If you look on HSN, this clothing line is around 50.00 or up per piece.

If you look on youtube also, they have segments of the products.

Happy Shopping!!!!

NY Disney fan
03-14-2008, 12:29 PM
I've never heard of this website...is it legit? :confused3

Illuminations_Rocks
03-14-2008, 12:37 PM
I went and checked out the company's HSN line - http://fashion.hsn.com/ios-individual-ori_c-fa_a-2501_xc.aspx?gs=&sz=14&prev=hp&ccm=FA
Well it definitely isn't currently selling for as much as the OP stated it had been, but it does look like they are clearing out the inventory, very few items remain. I'd personally take it as legit. For instance, the one skirt is $10 on the IOS site and $14.98 on the HSN (which makes me think it's a clearance price). Happy shopping!

ETA: I copied this from the IOS "about us" http://www.ioscatalog.com/jump.jsp?itemType=CATEGORY&itemID=141&path=1%2C3%2C141
"The IOS Catalog is new for 2006, and brought to you from the experienced catalog merchant TravelSmith. We are located in Marin County , California – an area known for its creative diversity, vibrant culture, and passionate energy, which we hope to bring to you though our collections, no matter where you live."

I would guess that the company is just belly up, since their webstite states their line is for 2006?

7beasley
03-14-2008, 12:47 PM
THANKS!!!

Great find!

I just got 2 jackets, 2 pairs of pants and a skirt -- shipped -- for $30.99.

Hope the stuff fits.

DawnM
03-14-2008, 12:48 PM
Ok, I have ordered a few pieces. I figured the worst I could do is to lose $60.

I ordered 7 jackets/shirt type, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 necklaces and 2 pair of jeans.

dawn

Toby'sFriend
03-14-2008, 12:59 PM
I guess - I don't need any clothes but they kind of look like standard QVC/Kohl's/Penney's/Sears type pieces. Certainly not worth $80, a good buy at $5, but you can find this kind of stuff all over the place on clearance. If you feel like shopping, enjoy. :)

YYMV

disneyfreakk
03-14-2008, 01:58 PM
OP, is this your website? It sounds like you are advertising for them.

Cindy B
03-14-2008, 03:09 PM

MTE!

PlaneJoy1
03-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Ok, I have ordered a few pieces. I figured the worst I could do is to lose $60.

I ordered 7 jackets/shirt type, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 necklaces and 2 pair of jeans.

dawn

Exactly!

I figure at $5 a peice there isn't too much to loose. I needed some new things anyway and didn't want to go shopping.

Thanks, OP!

PlaneJoy1
03-14-2008, 03:21 PM

People post deals all the time on this board. That's what we do - share great finds.

Clemson Cruiser
03-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Thanks OP...Awesome deals! :cool1:

Deanna64
03-14-2008, 05:19 PM
Lol

GoofItUp
03-14-2008, 05:24 PM
Lol

Original Poster.

Deanna64
03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
I am not affiliated with them, cant someone share a good deal when they find it?

Aunt Cawa
03-14-2008, 05:38 PM
Thanks OP. I have gotten their catalog a few times. Too bad what I like is out of my size. Congratulations to everyone who got a great deal.:thumbsup2

Imzadi
03-15-2008, 03:33 PM
What's the shipping at this place?

notsosnowwhite
03-15-2008, 08:59 PM
MTE!

What's MTE?

MousekaMaddi
03-15-2008, 09:14 PM
ditto that!!! what the heck is MTE?:lmao:

lorilori
03-15-2008, 09:17 PM
My Thoughts Exactly

zuzu
03-16-2008, 02:52 AM
Thanks for the info.

nannerbadnanner
03-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Thanks, OP! I received my order today and was very pleased. I bought two shirts and two pairs of pants for $25.99 including shipping. :goodvibes

tinaluis
03-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Thanks OP!!!!!!!!! My order is scheduled to be delivered today and I can't wait to get home from work. 3 pair of jeans and 3 pair of pants for $38.99. Can't beat that!

Wendy5055
03-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Thanks OP my order is scheduled to be delivered today!!!

For those who already received theirs...good quality, standard quality, or poor quality??? My mother didn't want to order because she was not certain about the quality.

I ordered a pair of jeans, tank top, sandals, skirt all for $25.99!!! I can't wait to see the items...:dance3: :woohoo: :woohoo:

DawnM
03-20-2008, 10:01 AM
I am pleased with everything except the shoes. The shoes are too tight, but they are leather, so maybe I can stretch them out????

I found a couple of the jackets ran a little large. thankfully I am trying to lose weight and ordered what I thought would be a size smaller, but they fit now and are just a little snug, so perfect for the next month or two.

I was pleasantly surprised by the quality to be honest.

Dawn

tinaluis
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
Decent quality. Of the three pair of jeans that I ordered, one is pretty thin, but the other two are regular jean material. Of the three pair of pants I ordered, one is a little big on me but that's not a reflection on quality, just sizing. If anyone is considering ordering, you might want to order a size lower in the S/M/L stuff. Thanks again OP!!!!

Melynny
03-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the comments.. I have 2 packages comming today, and one for earlier next week. I orderd shoes, 1/2 size larger so maybe they will fit. Hopefully the jackets/tops will fit. Thanks OP!

kristenrice
03-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Got my order today...

I am 5'7" and I think the sweaters are a little short, but the quality is good. I was suprised at how soft the sweaters are and that they are 70% silk....for $5. I wouldn't have bought the clothes if they weren't $5 each, but I am quite satisfied with my purchase.

Imzadi
03-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I found the jeans material of a decent quality. I actually need good, sturdy jeans to wear in my art/pottery studio. They don't have to be too stylish as they will be getting clay & glazes all spattered all over them, but they do have to stand up to wear & tear. As long as they weren't peg leg, Mom jeans, I was going to be happy for the $5 price.

I ordered 2 pairs each of 2 different styles. (4 jeans all together.) Oddly enough, each jean is cut & sewn rather differently, even within the same style. I have a feeling these were leftovers or returns.

In one style, they didn't have the size I wanted, so I had to buy one size larger. As it turns out, it's a good thing I did. One pair fits perfectly even though its clearly labeled a "larger" size. The other one is actually snug. It also feels funny, like there is some weird coating on it that came off in my hands. Like maybe it was ft in the mail truck and got exhaust fumes all over it. :eek: I am definitely going to have to wash them before wearing. :scared:

The other style, I had to buy 2 sizes larger as that's all that was left. (I've done that before with cheap jeans. I've always been able to easily take in the back seam & side seams a little, and then they've been fine.) One pair, I thought must be completely mis-sized or cut incorrectly as it's shorter by an inch and a half and seems to be cut for a shorter, stockier person. The crotch really doesn't fit right. It's lower and, umm, pouchy in the front. Like it was cut for a male, know what I mean? :rolleyes1

The other pair of the same style is correct on the length, slightly better in the crotch, yet the left waistband rides quite a bit higher than the right.

Yes, I would say these were reject returns. Still, for my purposes, at $5 each, I got a decent deal.