PDA

View Full Version : Best deal on Zyrtec D now that it is OTC?

LoveBWVVBR
03-14-2008, 07:55 AM
DH takes Zyrtec D. It's sold OTC now, but it doesn't appear to have a generic like regular Zyrtec does. The prices on this medicine are a lot higher than what we were paying for a copay when it was covered by insurance. I paid $21.99 (after $2 coupon) for a box of 24 at CVS. Has anyone found it for a better price anywhere?

stefffe
03-14-2008, 07:58 AM
DH takes Zyrtec D. It's sold OTC now, but it doesn't appear to have a generic like regular Zyrtec does. The prices on this medicine are a lot higher than what we were paying for a copay when it was covered by insurance. I paid $21.99 (after $2 coupon) for a box of 24 at CVS. Has anyone found it for a better price anywhere?

cvs actually has a generic.......its a bit cheaper....

LoveBWVVBR
03-14-2008, 08:09 AM
cvs actually has a generic.......its a bit cheaper....

Interesting! I had to bring a card to the front counter to even get the name-brand stuff, and the cashier didn't volunteer anything about a generic. I'm going to have to go back and ask about this. How much does the generic cost?

Green Tea
03-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Get your doctor to write a prescription for it, even though OTC. It is very cheap to have it filled as a prescription. It was cheaper than my generic copay. Ins copay would have been $20. I got 90 Zrtec a few weeks ago as a prescription for $16 ish.

firsttimer03
03-14-2008, 08:12 AM
Try Sams Club....I think they had a very decent deal there.

LoveBWVVBR
03-14-2008, 08:14 AM
Get your doctor to write a prescription for it, even though OTC. It is very cheap to have it filled as a prescription. It was cheaper than my generic copay. Ins copay would have been $20. I got 90 Zrtec a few weeks ago as a prescription for $16 ish.

As soon as Zyrtec D went OTC, our insurance sent DH a nice little letter clearly stating that he was now 100% responsible for buying his own Zyrtec D. I don't think that BC/BS would pay on a perscription for this medication anymore as a result. I could always call them and ask, but the letter was pretty forthright.

karliebug
03-14-2008, 08:18 AM
I bought the generic kind last week at rite aid for 14.99 for 60 tabs. What is really funny is I first got the 30 tabs and the cashier said 17.99 and I said I thought it was on sale for 14.99. She checked and said the 60 were 14.99 but the 30 were 17.99. Of course, I went back and got the 60.

disalways
03-14-2008, 12:12 PM

Our insurance company stopped paying for Zrtec as soon as it went OTC. Total bummer. Both my sons take it, so we used to get 2 30 days worth of it for our $10 copay. Plus my pediatrician wrote the scripts for more then they needed, so we usually got about a month and half worth of liquid Zrtec. $20 for the entire month and a half... not bad. Now I am paying a whole lot more and it stinks.

Octoberbride03
03-14-2008, 12:19 PM
Target's generic will be coming out this summer. There was no word on the cost but it should start appearing in late May or early June on the store shelves.