PDA

View Full Version : ?'s about Disney Visa...

brergnat
03-13-2008, 10:09 PM
Hi guys. I am considering applying for the Disney Visa so I can get a $40 Disney giftcard (offer for DLR AP holders). I also want to pay for my upcoming (May 2009) trip on the Visa to earn rewards dollars. I have looked online at the "terms and conditions" but there are some unanswered questions I have, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out before I apply for (yet another) credit card.

1. Disney Rewards is 1%, essentially, correct? $1/$100 spent. Is there an annual cap on how much you can earn?

2. Are there restrictions on where you can use the "rewards dollars". Specifically, at WDW locations. I would potentially use the dollars for meals (CS and TS). Are there any glaring omissions where these rewards dollars can NOT be used to pay? I assume any "non Disney" owned establishements are out, but any others I should be aware of?

3. What is the APR after the 0% intro APR?

Cee
03-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Yes, 1 point for every $100 spent. I believe the cap is 750 in one year. That's
$75,000 spent!

You can use the reward points for ANYTHING. It's wonderful.

I believe my APR is 12%. I pay it off every month so it's a non-issue. But
you can always call and ask them to lower it after you've had it for awhile
and proven yourself a good "risk".

Enjoy! :goodvibes

safetymom
03-14-2008, 06:15 AM
Moving to Budget board

gonemousin'
03-14-2008, 06:37 AM
I'm fairly certain you can use the rewards card at the TS & CS restaurants. The only places I found that wouldn't accept it were the food carts that can only acccept cash - no computers for forms of plastic payment.

luvmy2sams
03-14-2008, 09:07 AM
Hi guys. I am considering applying for the Disney Visa so I can get a $40 Disney giftcard (offer for DLR AP holders). I also want to pay for my upcoming (May 2009) trip on the Visa to earn rewards dollars. I have looked online at the "terms and conditions" but there are some unanswered questions I have, and I was wondering if anyone could help me out before I apply for (yet another) credit card.

1. Disney Rewards is 1%, essentially, correct? $1/$100 spent. Is there an annual cap on how much you can earn?

2. Are there restrictions on where you can use the "rewards dollars". Specifically, at WDW locations. I would potentially use the dollars for meals (CS and TS). Are there any glaring omissions where these rewards dollars can NOT be used to pay? I assume any "non Disney" owned establishements are out, but any others I should be aware of?

3. What is the APR after the 0% intro APR?

1. Annual cap is $750 reward dollars.

2. We were able to use our reward card anywhere at Disney that takes credit cards.

3. Your APR will depend on your credit rating.

brergnat
03-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the replies! We currently have another rewards card with the same earning %, but it is capped at $300/year. I was just wondering if the Disney Visa was similar. I don't think I could charge $75,000 per year if I tried! But, good to know. I might get a card simply for charging our hotel and park and plane tickets. If I can earn some sort of reward that can be $$$ used for our trip, that's awesome!

Thanks for the info! The $40 GC offer is not too shabby either, so I don't want to miss that one.

emh1129
03-14-2008, 06:39 PM
We have had this card for about a year and a half. I know some people don't like Chase, but we've had good luck so far.
We've used the rewards dollars at World of Disney and to pay for a picture at Akershus. I think you can use it almost anywhere Disney!
Our interest rate is 9.74 but I know it varies from consumer to consumer.