PDA

View Full Version : Mnsshp

Mickey2007
02-27-2008, 05:32 PM
What can everyone tell me about the MNSSHP? I was wanting to know if I should buy tickets for it. We will be there Sept 16-24. Our son will be 15months old and I didn't know if it would be okay for him or not. :confused3

lexmelinda
02-27-2008, 07:56 PM
There's nothing particularly scary about the MNSSHP unless your child is afraid of the characters. (mine was at that age) Also remember that to get the most bang for your buck, it's good to stay for the entire party...til midnight....which may be too late for a little one.

RE: tickets....I wouldn't buy them til you get a little closer in or maybe even til you're on site. You can buy them at a discount right up until the day of the party. They are non-refundable so if for some reason you did have to cancel, you'd be stuck with the tickets. I bought ours a week ahead and had them printed out at the concierge desk at the hotel. Honestly, I was afraid I would forget and leave them at home in the frenzy of packing my family of 5.

Frankly, we did not enjoy the party as we were there on a sold out night. We go in September and the MNSSHP were the biggest crowds we saw during our whole trip. Not worth the money IMHO.

gismo1554
02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
The partys main attraction to me is the parade and the fireworks. With such a young child and the event being from 7pm till midnight it might not really mean you get much out of it. There are trick or treat stations where they give out free sweets everywhere but again not sure if at 15 months you would want those. Nothing is scarey though unless as said you dont like characters. They are all dressed up for Halloween but as nice or funny things (Piglet for example last time I went was wearing a halloween costume to make him look like a flower.

goldenears
02-28-2008, 01:50 PM
Thanks to the generosity of my SIL and BIL, we have been able to attend the MNSSHP for the last two years. The first year we went in Oct and our DD was 12 mo. We also went this past Sept. and she was 23 mo.
I will preface my comments about it by saying that she LOVED the characters both times we have taken her to WDW. IMHO, I think MNSSHP is an absolute must do. The decor in the park is completely different than it is during the day. It is really amazing to see Main St. completely transformed.
We dressed her up both times, watched the parade, fireworks and had a great time walking around the entire park collecting candy and taking pictures with the characters who are dressed up in costumes for this event.
She was obviously too young to eat the candy the first year we took her, so me and my DH had a great time eating it ourselves. This past year she collected candy and raisins at the stations. Althought the tickets do seem a little pricey, I think the cost is worth the fun that is had.

Funatdiz
02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
We went last year my husband and I ended up leaving with our, at the time 15 month old granddaughter. It started pouring down rain, she was on antibiotics anyway as she had double ear infections. We left our daughter and son-in-law there with their 4 and 6 year old. I guess they enjoyed it, but if your going for the candy because your kids want to go treat or treating, forget it. They brought home a tiny little bit of candy, no full sized candy bars as was suggested Disney gave out. They did enjoy the parade and fireworks I guess.

But no one offered a ticket for a different night, or any sort of resolution, other than staying and walking around in the pouring rain. Which by the way lasted the entire night.

Mickey2007
03-03-2008, 03:38 PM
I guess we will just wait and see how he is doing down there before we buy the tickets:confused3

jennilouwho
03-04-2008, 04:44 PM
We took our DS last year when he was 17 months. He loved it! We had read a lot of books before we went about Halloween so that he'd be familiar with pumpkins and such. He loved looking at all of the decorations and he thought the parade was fun. He'd say things like "Ghost! Boo!" or on the Haunted Mansion, he'd say "spooky!" He wasn't old enough to really be scared of anything. He even made it until about 11 pm before he crashed in his stroller. It was a very rainy night though, that was the only downfall.

PiratesRock
03-22-2008, 05:24 PM
My sister, my 2 DD's and I LOVED MNSSHP!!! We all really get into Halloween though, but my sis and I thought it was the best part of our (brief) visit. My girls were 6 & 7 last time. They were scared of Haunted Mansion, but not scared of anything at MNSSHP. We are absolutely getting tickets again when we go this year. We even have tenative plans to be all the main characters from sleeping beauty!! Depends on my DH agreeing to dress up. We may just be several of the characters, and 1 embarassed looking guy.:sad2: