PDA

View Full Version : Portable DVD player and Disney!!

disney_momma21
02-27-2008, 02:59 AM
Last year was my son's first time to WDW. He was 2.5 and I must say he had a great time!! I was worried prior to going how he would do with the longs lines and the waiting but he did great. He never fussed once!! And here is why.....we had (drum roll please!) a portable DVD player!!!!!!! Yes thats right one of those portable dvd players that you can buy for like $80 at wal-mart to keep my little bundle of joy just that, joyful!! I took it with us everywhere!!! To dinner, to lunch, to the parks. I would keep it in my son's stroller and during a time we had to wait I would just pull it out and he would watch a cartoon.

It was amazing how much happiness this electronic device could bring to my son and my family for saving our sanity during times of having to wait. My son loved WDW. But during those times of waiting for fireworks, or waiting for a ride, it kept my son entertained till the festivities could start. It was even great on the bus rides to and from the parks. I'm sure this tip has already been said but I just wanted to put my two cents out there on how wonderful it can be to have something to entertain your kids when they start to get restless.

P.S. If you do decide to take your portable dvd player with you just remember to put it in a ziploc bag so it doesn't get rained on.

DWGal210
02-27-2008, 01:08 PM
What a FABULOUS idea!
:banana:

HonnyDipp
02-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I've been to restaurants and have seen tables with the kids glued to a 7 inch screen while the adults enjoy conversation. Its not appealing to this mother of 3. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a family dinner together. But I have used my portible DVD at the doctor's office because regardless of what time your appointment is, your are guaranteed a long wait!

futurecastmember
02-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I love this idea- we usually watch it on the plane too, with headsets for the 3 kids. My kids are older so they dont need it in the park- but it helps on the way there and back!

disney_momma21
02-27-2008, 06:15 PM
My son is one of those kids that doesn't like to eat so when it's meal time he always gets fussy. We use the dvd player as an incentive to get him to eat. We tell him that we will let him watch a cartoon as long as he can eat a little dinner or whatever. It works great. I think if he was a better eater I wouldn't need it during meal times. Plus my son is an only child and doesn't have brothers or sisters to play with. :( We do our best to play with him and keep him entertained but let me tell you after a long day a WDW, us adults are just beat! I wish I had my sons energy level! :)

grumpalina
02-27-2008, 06:23 PM
My cousin brought his video ipod last year & we'll definitely be adding it to our packing list this year! dd doesn't like the fireworks (noise) so she can hang out & listen to music or watch something while we ooh & aah :D

cancer_survivor_06
02-28-2008, 12:44 AM
my dd7 brings her ipod and w/ 80gs we download plenty of movies before we leave for her to watch while we are in line.