PDA

View Full Version : Socks with Crocs?

Disneylvr
02-26-2008, 01:02 PM
I am reading that some of you wear socks with crocs (while at Disney) and some don't. For those of you that do, what kind of socks do you wear with them? I have the Caymen style crocs but should I get a different one to wear with socks?

MickeyReeds
02-26-2008, 01:10 PM
I just wear short white atheletic socks. I think it looks better to wear them without socks, but my crocs rub my foot and the socks make them more comfy. I have to admit, I got my first pair of crocs (mickey mouse) for Christmas and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable they were to wear in the parks.

ZoZo
02-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I usually wear "no show" women's socks in fun colors and patterns. "No show" socks are the "low cut" ones - they often have them in Coolmax fabric.

Some have a flower pattern, some are striped - I think they're kind of cute! I find that Crocs are more comfortable with socks - my feet sweat less.

dbarker
02-27-2008, 05:26 AM
Both DH and I wear socks w/ our crocks. (rhymes :lmao: ) We just wear our white cotton ankle sports socks.

Winkster
02-27-2008, 05:42 AM
Socks with Crocs - no! Just no!

In fact, Crocs - no!

:scared1:

I bought some Crocs and found them horribly ugly. The rubbed, slipped and looked even worse with socks.

Instead, I got some Timberland sandals and they are great - soooo confortable!

Crocs are the work of the devil! :mad:

Disneylvr
02-28-2008, 12:02 PM
Sorry winkster but I love my Crocs, ugly or not! :lovestruc They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. However, I have never tried them with socks but thought it might be a good idea in Disney...

Funatdiz
02-28-2008, 02:09 PM
I know most people cring at the thought of someone wearing socks with crocs. But I do, because the crocs rub the bottoms of my feet. I wear the no show socks which are cut lower than ankle socks. I have found the converse makes no shoe socks in many colors. I have no show socks in the colors of my crocs. DO NOT WEAR WHITE SOCKS WITH DARK CROCS.

Harley-Mouse
02-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Socks with Crocs - no! Just no!

In fact, Crocs - no

I hate them the look sandels or sneakers.

Willow1213
02-29-2008, 01:12 AM
I wear mine with the no show socks as well and always in a similar color (or something fun and patterned!) It helps keep my feet dry and blister free! If I wear them without socks after awhile my shoes start to "squeak" from the moisture making my foot slip in the croc material. Hope this helps!

Winkster
02-29-2008, 08:49 AM
Sorry winkster but I love my Crocs, ugly or not! :lovestruc They are the most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. However, I have never tried them with socks but thought it might be a good idea in Disney...

Don't apologise Disneylvr - as long as your comfortable! My opinion counts for nothing!

To be honest, I never think Crocs look ugly on other people - I just thought they looked ugly when I had them on. I hardly ever notice what shoes other people are wearing.

mykidsintow
02-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Crocs are ugly. I own 3 pairs of ugly crocs! I love them! However, not for Disney. My feet get too tired. I wear my birks! In fact on our trip in 03 I went and bought birks and wore them the next day to Disney. Not problem, not a blister! I *adore* my birks!

Whatever you choose I hope you have happy tootsies!

candee0512
02-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I proudly wear socks with my crocs, even at work. Sometimes even plain white socks with my black crocs . . .:banana:

At WDW though, I tend to go sockless, and we use this stuff called Body Glide. I rub it all over my feet and I'm in slip sliding heaven all day. :cloud9:

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=156267&catid=10579

It really does make a huge difference. My daughter also used it where her upper arms/body and thighs were rubbing together. It's a lifesaver!

Candee

awaldo
02-29-2008, 02:34 PM
I tend to agree with winkster....curiously, if these shoes that are so "comfortable" they require non-asthetically pleasant socks to be worn with them so they don't rub your feet, aren't they in fact, not comfortable? I don't get it, wouldn't a comfy pair of walking shoes be better?

petrymom
02-29-2008, 08:46 PM
crocs with socks!!!!! All the way!!!!!! :thumbsup2

eeyorethegreat
03-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I wear socks with mine sometimes. It's not about comfort but I wear mine in the winter too so the socks just keep my feet warm!

Jamerz
03-01-2008, 01:12 PM
I vote for Crocs with Socks! I love my Crocs, with or without socks!

Pacesetters
03-01-2008, 02:48 PM
I know what you are saying - if the Crocs are so comfy then why do you have to wear socks? I don't know how to explain it, but after a few hours at WDW in regular walking shoes my feet just kill me. I have worn Crocs without socks and can just keep going and going. They do tend to rub in some spots - but it isn't that bad - and my feet feel so much more comfortable than regular shoes that even with the rubbing the Crocs are so much better. However, one year I decided to try wearing socks and it made a great shoe even greater - now I get the comfort and no rubbing.

mello
03-02-2008, 03:33 AM
Do you get them in a box?

;) Sorry, I couldn't resist. Love your title!

rosiejo
03-03-2008, 07:55 AM
I have the beach crocs and usually go barefoot at WDW with no problems. In October though it rained and I only had crocs (oops) so I wore black socks (red crocs) but the ones that hardly come up past your heel so you couldn't really see them. I had to - my feet were cold!

tink4ever
03-03-2008, 09:00 AM
I tried them without socks and they do make your feet hot and rub in spots so since I have worn socks my feet feel fantastic. Sorry if they are ugly to look at but I can still walk after a 12 day vacation so it is well worth it. :cheer2:

bsbrady
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I do both, but I find if you wear w/o socks you feet start to sweat and I feel like my feet slip inside the crocs. any sock ankle lenght or shorter is good

ireland_nicole
03-03-2008, 02:57 PM
I don't normally wear socks w/ my crocs (and I wear crocs every day, they have really helped my foot and back pain) but at WDW the kids and I all needed to wear socks w/ them. At home, I just don't walk the 6-8 miles in a day that I do at WDW. Word to the wise though. Take off the socks before any "wet" rides. When we get off, I just wipe them off w/ a chamois (or even paper towels) and bingo, dry feet for the rest of the day. They are also great when it rains - use the same strategy. I also wear the low ankle socks, the no show tend to slip down under my heel for some reason. Yeah, they're probably ugly, but what do I care?
Nicole

teacherme
03-03-2008, 09:43 PM
I wear socks with my crocs, but I wear socks with all my shoes. I agree with Nicole about taking your socks off before going on any water rides. Even when it rains all your socks will get wet and they will take it forever to dry.