PDA

View Full Version : Family of six off site for 2 days mid week? where to stay

kileybeth
02-24-2008, 10:43 PM
We are coming into town early with my DH and 4 kids and need to stay off site for 2 days someplace nice for kids to hang out. Everything I look at is either booked up or won't accomadate all of us. looking to stay around $200 or below? Our only other option currently is keep calling CRO and pray a POR trundel room frees up (baby is under 3 yrs. so we can still get this mod. I think Contemporary is over $200 , any discounts would help if anyone knows of one?

looking week after Easter for 2 nights only 3/26-28/2008 anyone know a good clean fun place?

dougsmom98
02-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I would look into staying at the Comfort Suites Main Gate East. They sleep 6 and have a small fridge in the room. You will get free deluxe continental breakfast with fruit, muffins, danish and make your own waffles... My sister and my mom stayed here two years ago and booked through hotelmartusa.com. Their price for your time is just under $100. I looked at the offers using the Orlando Magic Card which you can print off line and they are offering rates of $89 or $69 depending on the season. Here is the link to that site.
http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/listings.cfm?searchCategory=accommodations

charm73
02-25-2008, 11:23 AM
You can try Buena Vista Suites... Your dates for a Queen suite (2 queen beds in the bedroom and a pullout couch in the living room) are coming up at $129/night (promotional rate) and includes a breakfast buffet each morning.

spiceycat
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM
here is the sponsor site
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resort.htm

they have a discount for buena suites and sheraton vista resort & village.

cypress pointe would meet your needs too - if you get a 2-bedroom
www.hotelkingdom.com

kileybeth
02-26-2008, 11:15 PM
thanks guys, I will look at those links. I actually believe we have stayed at 3 of the ones you mentioned over the years!

Properties change so much from year to year I am always heading over to trip advisor to try and gage a place. I know I over think these things.

Since I am not paying (DH's work is as he is in town to work) and I will be alone these days with 4 kiddos I was looking to just hang at a nicer place with something to do for both preschoolers and teens. Gaylord Palms and Sheraton vista resort both look good.

jeopardy
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
We are staying at the Runaway Beach Club in a couple of weeks. They have really good reviews, and they take the Orlando Magicard. We are going at the tail end of off-peak season, and our rate for a 2-bedroom unit is $119, even though peak season starts in the middle of our stay. The unit sleeps 9, so you might be able to get a smaller unit. They have a full kitchen, plus a washer and dryer. They have not been open long, so everything's pretty new.

If you need a crib, I'm not sure they can guarantee one. I think they get them from an outside company.

There's a $10 resort fee also. I think they might take AAA too, if that helps.

Here's their info:
Runaway Beach Club
3000 Bonfire Beach Drive
Kissimmee, Fl 34746
(407) 997-1900
There's a 1-866 number you can call to make reservations as well -- Google the hotel name and you'll find it.