PDA

View Full Version : Disney Credit Card?

Meredith Girl
02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
We are planning on going to WDW next year, and I have just begun looking into the trip. I noticed an advertisement for the Disney credit card and were wondering if the perks were worth it. We typically put everything onto the credit card and then pay it off each month, so I am thinking that we may get some good Disney dollars... Is the credit card worth it?

Thanks!

AuroraBeauty
02-24-2008, 09:33 PM
I think most people here on the DIS like it. We got one before our trip last year just because of the benefit of the photo op at Epcot. For us, that alone was worth it. Now we're realizing we're collecting some very usable points. Also, depending on which promo you use there is at least 6 months no interest on Disney Trips charged to the card (read the fine print though). If you're going to pay it off in 6 months that alone might help.

Just google Disney Visa and you'll find all kinds of stuff. It's offered by Chase.

Best Wishes!

dck12ga
02-25-2008, 06:32 AM
Run as fast as you can!!! Don't look back!!!! The picture thing at Epcot isn't worth the trickyness. There are better credit cards out there. Just do your homework!!:)

joellyn23
02-25-2008, 09:45 AM
I just got one and then realized the Chase Freedom card is better (it gives you 3% back on the top 3 cateorgies you spend each month and then 1% back on all others).

I've heard there are some perks to the Disney card, but I think the in the long run, we'll be better off with the Chase Freedom card.

pudinhd
02-26-2008, 12:06 PM
We have the Disney VISA and currently have over $500 Disney Rewards that we are hoping to spend on our trip to WDW. Regarding the benefits - We are DL annual passholders and love the character meet and greet at California Adventure that is also in Epcot. We are also very excited to have the discounts for some shops (& restaurants?) while we are at WDW. We pay off our credit card, so I can't comment on the 6 months vacation interest thingy. I definitely suggest looking into the benefits and seeing if they will help you, but I also agree that there are better credit cards out there. Hope this didn't make you more confused! :confused3:

RJD
02-26-2008, 01:19 PM
There are probably better deals on credit cards out there if you do your homework. However, I do have a Disney Visa and use it when we are planning a trip to get some rewards and to get the 6 mos interest free on the hotel/package charge and then pay it off in 6 mos. So using it in that way, it works out good for me. It's probably an individual thing--whether the Disney Visa is good for you.

MS_mom_1965
02-26-2008, 02:17 PM
On the Chase Freedom card - my current Chase Disney Rewards card statement lists all my gas purchases as "Vehicle Expenses". So that would mean they aren't eligible for the 3% reward points since the description doesn't say "Gas" - is that correct?

joellyn23
02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
good question....I just started using my Freedom card so I'm not sure how it handles it. Hopefully someone else can shed some light. If not, I should know better in a month or so!