PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Courtyard LBV

MrsSilvaStrat
02-24-2008, 09:54 AM
I found a great deal at the Marriott Courtyard LBV. Is this a good area to stay in? DH and I are renting a car and they also offer shuttles to WDW parks. It's half the price of a WDW resort. What do you guys think? Can we still go and visit the WDW resorts and do activities that leave from there, ie. carriage rides??

jcriket
02-24-2008, 10:08 AM
I think we stayed there once, when I couldn't get a room on property. If it is, it's close to DTD. It was very clean, and nice. The hotel is considered a Disney Good Neighbor, I'm not sure what that means, I guess it's Disney approved. I would stay there again. It was a place to sleep, we didn't hang around much. Yes you can visit other resorts on property, and if your paying for a carriage ride or something Disney is always glad to have or money. You can't use the pools though.

Cheshire Figment
02-24-2008, 10:12 AM
Parking will cost you $11.00 per day at the major parks, but that includes in and out privledges as long as you keep the dated receipt. Very often the non-Disney hotel buses are only a few times per day and so you are generally better off with your car.

vicceja
02-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi, my husband works for the Marriott and we can get great deals, but we've always decided to stay on property at the BC. I considered using the Marriott but when I looked into it, although they do have busses to WDW they don't run all day long like the Disney buses and I just didn't want to risk it especially with tired kids wanting to get back to their room. I'd rather spend the extra cash and know that I can walk back to our resort and have all the extras that Disney offers with staying on property. Good Luck!

kimmy kay
02-24-2008, 10:41 AM
We,ve stayed down the road a bit at the comfort inn. Centrally located to everything. There are restaurants and shops everywhere. About a 5 minute ride to Sea World and about 10 to Disney Parks maybe 15.

CanadianGuy
02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
I'm moving these questions about your resort to the Orlando Area Resorts board.. it's a better fit there than here on themeparks.

Thanks!

Knox

Mrs Dazzle
02-24-2008, 03:22 PM
If this is the Marriott Courtyard at Palm Parkway, LBV, we stayed there last October.

It's a nice enough place, in our fave offsite location. We had a one bedroomed suite which my DD (14) really appreciated! It was quite a small room, but we had stayed three nights before there in the Marriott Residence Inn nr SeaWorld which was fabulous with a large two king bedded room with fully fitted kitchen.

The CBM was a well looked after hotel, with a couple of pools (our room was near the smaller one which was nice and quiet).

We ate breakfast in the restaurant one day and again, it was quite nice, a hot buffet.

Would have no hesitation staying there again, especially if we got a good price again. We paid around 45 ($22.50) per night - excellent value for us.

luke
02-25-2008, 05:55 AM
sorry to pick you up, but 45 is $90, not $22.50. Some of our wedding party are staying here in october, looks pretty nice

CarolA
02-25-2008, 08:55 AM
I have stayed here and it's a nice hotel.

I have had both the suite and the basic room and both were nice. The suite does have a kitchen which would be good with a family.

IMHO if I can't get a deal on a Disney Mod or Value I stay off site. Disney
"Deluxe" is overpriced for what it delivers. This is one of my first "off site" choices.

I have not taken the bus as I rent a car and I have an AP so I don't have to pay to park.

Mrs Dazzle
02-25-2008, 11:55 AM
sorry to pick you up, but 45 is $90, not $22.50. Some of our wedding party are staying here in october, looks pretty nice
:flower3: Oops. you're right, I did it the wrong way round. From over this side of the pond, 45 was an 'ok' price, but I know you can get it a lot cheaper. We've just quoted for August around $58 (dollars!) per night which is perfectly acceptable:goodvibes