PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Creek Questions

Time Traveler
02-24-2008, 02:39 AM
(Note: I am aware that Bonnet Creek isn't owned/operated by Disney but due to its location in the WDW Resort I thought i'd be best asking here).

A while ago I posted about my family visiting WDW in Late April and staying at POR but we recently purchased a timeshare (woo!) and plan to stay at Bonnet Creek from April 27th-May 3rd. Since it isn't owned by Disney I wasn't sure if they had the special features (since Swan/Dolphin and the Hilton do) and other various things.

Q1: How is Bonnet Creek's bus service? Is it just Disney's normal service?
If not do you think its better or worse?

Q2: When you stay at BC do you get the free parking pass for the parks or no? (may be renting a car if the bus service sounds bad)

Q3: What dining options are available at BC? I heard they had at least 1 restaurant and complimentary breakfast sometimes (at least in February on Mondays). Need to plan ahead and buy milk/cereal and whatnot once we get down there if they don't have a food court, eating breakfast in the parks wastes too much time in our opinion :P

Q4: Since the resort is still pretty new we were wondering if there was still any construction going on. From what we've found out the resort is pretty much finished so this question isn't as important as the others :upsidedow

Q5: Last of all, do BC guests get Extra Magic Hours? We don't think they're too important (just normally means the park will be a bit more crowded) but sometimes getting there for the early openings is nice.

Thanks in advance! :)

safetymom
02-24-2008, 05:14 AM
Moving to Orlando hotels for more answers.

tlmom
02-24-2008, 06:16 AM
We are staying at Bonnet Creek in April. They are not in any way associated with Disney and you cannot get any of the perks as you would with Swan and Dolphin. At least from what I am aware.

Lynne M
02-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Bonnet Creek isn't even located on Disney property. It's surrounded on all sides by Disney property, but it's on a little section of land that Disney was never able to buy (owner refused to sell to Disney)

So, this isn't like staying at the Swan or Dolphin. Disney didn't want them there and completely ignores them. You won't get:

Access to EMH
Dining Plan
Magical Express
Disney transportation
Free parking at the parks.

For all intents and purposes, it's no different than staying an off-property timeshare, except that you're physically closer to the parks.

kathie859
02-24-2008, 10:28 AM
Last March I spent a week @ Bonnet Creek in a 3 bedroom condo. It was very nice BUT there was still construction going on around the lake. It didn't bother us much. I would hope a year later they'd be done.:rolleyes: We had a car and preferred to drive to the parks which were soooo close! I have an AP so parking was free. Otherwise, we would have had to pay for parking daily. The only bus service I saw wasn't Disney service but another contractor who services other "non-Disney" locations, too.

As far as on site food, other than a breakfast to try to sell more timeshares :upsidedow a very small market with fresh milk and a few groceries, a sandwich area, and a bar that I read about, I would suggest you rent a car, drive to a local supermarket and get a few groceries for the condo. So much easier and cheaper! Just think what you save on breakfasts will more than pay for the car rental and daily parking at the parks. :goodvibes

Have a great time--BC is beautiful and very convenient.

Cdn Gal
02-24-2008, 12:02 PM
My family has been there 5 times now and just love it. You can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your balcony. You can walk to the MK or take the bus. (every 30min) But you don't get the extra perks as you would if you were staying on the property b/c it isn't owned by Disney. It's beautiful there, have a great stay!

sorul82?
02-24-2008, 01:55 PM
My family has been there 5 times now and just love it. You can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from your balcony. You can walk to the MK or take the bus. (every 30min) But you don't get the extra perks as you would if you were staying on the property b/c it isn't owned by Disney. It's beautiful there, have a great stay!

Huh? Isn't it over 5 miles from the MK?

Time Traveler
02-24-2008, 03:16 PM
Huh? Isn't it over 5 miles from the MK?

Maybe they meant Epcot fireworks? :P I've heard you can see them from your balcony in some buildings.

bonzarella
02-24-2008, 03:49 PM
We've stayed there several times and I really don't see how it is walkable:rolleyes2

Cdn Gal
02-24-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm sorry yes it was Epcot. (for fireworks) But my Dad was just there in Nov. and he walked it. He said that instead of taking the bus one day they just walked over. He said that there are paths and stuff. Now knowing my dad, the word "path" could mean a variety of things. But anyway, it is do-able!:)

DianeV
02-24-2008, 08:44 PM
It may not be 'on' Disney property but its closer to the parks then some of the Disney resorts...why do some get so defensive (or on the offensive) about Bonnet Creek? I dont get that :confused3