PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to the YaYa's: YYotC at Castaway Cay Part 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Kama89
04-17-2006, 11:24 AM
Pam and Tara sneats... :wave: Dog butts... snork! :p

Uh oh. { :rotfl2: :lmao: } ....Does that mean no ham? Cruel E. Bunny! :(

Edited by the DIS Moderator team to add:

This is Part 2 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=962333
The thread has been continued at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1733892

kimmar067
04-17-2006, 11:27 AM
...Uh oh. { :rotfl2: :lmao: } ....Does that mean no ham? Cruel E. Bunny! :(

.... :sad2:

Meriweather
04-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Ohh...I have a feeling some interesting surprises are coming via Tara's trip report :rotfl:

Pam, I can't find any mice either ;) Dave screened some of the vents, hopefully that will help....but it Cleo wants one, there are still plenty outside.

Kimmie.....love your house stories ::yes:: Glad the dishwasher is working!!
I am dreading the day for furniture moving :eek:
Carpet goes in May 2, 3, I leave for CA May4....think we're cutting it close.
May 2 night we need to move all the LR furniture back, take out all the DR furniture and Dave has some work to do on the stairs before that carpeting goes down....then on to the FR....no idea where the heck that furniture is going. :rolleyes: Couches won't fit through the hallways...they came in through the sliding doors. Guess we hope for good weather....yeah, right.

Anybody get any good Easter goodies?
Suzanne, what See's did you end up trying?

:wave: Kimmar.

Must go attack the dust bunnies again, Lily....before they multiple.

helenabear
04-17-2006, 11:52 AM
Holy crud! I can't believe how many times I came to sit down and post before I got side tracked and had to come back to this!

Kimmar, I think the weekend was lovely... at least what I remember of it... just so busy here!

Lily, you hit it with me. I cannot breathe through the mouth while I sleep. It drives me nuts. Luis didn't notice though so apparently I didn't really keep him up. I went downstairs a couple of times to read so I wouldn't disturb him.

LOL, Nancy! No need for ducking (or dunking ;)) I don't know why but both Luis and I liked it. I also loved Kingdom of Heaven with him... I think I like quirky :p

Woo hoo we have a really cool first part of a trip report from Tara!!!!! And yep, started with allergies. Remind me next spring that leaving my windows open for three days in a row while forgetting allergy meds is a bad idea :rolleyes1

Pam, good luck with the deadline in addition to everything. Oh and thanks for hte thought with the mouse... really the thought counts more than the mouse itself, so if you find it, don't worry about sending it our way ;)

Okay Kimmie, pinky swear not to give up yet! And you wouldn't believe the twitty brat Cleo became today. She has been whining all day and yelling the moment she walks into a room. She and I were playing nicely even, and she had the nerve to hiss at my hair! I mean really??? What attitude :snooty:

I am glad you have a working dishwasher now though, Kim :)

I'm off to work more in the house. One nostril is totally plugged... the other I can breathe through, so I am going to get as much real work done before I grump and can't breathe at all again ;)

alabamaalan
04-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Alan, we're gonna post 100 pages while you're gone and it'll take weeks to ketchup! (have fun, though)

Hmm...methinks the Y'all-Y'alls missed the mark. :)

Actually, now that I have read through..it appears you are all more chatty today!

I am running a fever... not as high as I've ever had it before, but it is to 99.0 (up from my normal 97.1). This is not what I needed right before Easter weekend :rolleyes:

Told ya she was cold blooded!

Pam! I'm sorry to read about Mr. Pammykins and the accident. I'm thankful he is okay but very sorry for what he is going through and of course for the elderly driver.

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and yay for a trip report!

It's good to be back. ::yes::

isyne4u
04-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Glad the trip report is an acceptable use for the Disneyland Resort!

Kimmie...glad you enjoyed my responses on that thread. That woman was irking my nerves and I was felling a bit, as they say, snarky!!

Welcome back Alan!

Kimmar...sorry I was too loud for you! I'll try and be a little quieter next time!!

Nancy...eek furniture moving! Yuck! I hate moving furniture just to vacuum!!

Elaine...I have much experience with 13 year olds...i hope you have good drugs to get through these teenage years!!

Chapter 2 is coming right up!! (i'm trying to boost my post count :teeth: )

tara

isyne4u
04-17-2006, 12:35 PM
The Departure:

Finally all the bags are packed, the kid is in the car seat, the dvd player and monitor are hung with care, and I can finally plop my fat **** into the car. As we pull out and head to Jarrod’s dad’s house mom and a I begin reviewing our packing. We agreed on a few things…shirts, pants, unmentionables, nighties, bathing suits….uh, did she mention a bathing suit? To which she replies, “well, duh! You told me it had a swimming pool”. Oh crap forgot the swim suit. Double crap forgot to buy swim diapers for the kid. Crap on a cracker, Jar doesn’t have a suit either. Okay, so we will go back after we get Jarrod and pick up the swimsuits. An indoor heated pool does sound quite nice!

We then returned to our review of what we brought…shampoo...check, toothpaste…check, toothbrush…oops. Mom did you get my toothbrush. Uh, dork you’re 35 years old I thought you could handle that yourself! Crapola…got get me and the kids’ toothbrushes. Overall I think we’ve done a great job packing!! (famous last words!! :teeth: )

We arrived at Jay’s house and Jarrod was very excited to show us this small pad of paper that Jay had given him. To which my mom answers, “Look what surprise your mommy has for you!” He climbs into the back seat and sees a small cooler. He gets excited…drinks for him? Then he looks up and sees the DVD player staring at him! Viola!! He forgets all about the measly pad of paper given to him by his father and goes straight for the DVD player (and the cooler which contains 6 more DVDs!!!) I was rewarded with hugs, kisses, and thank you’s!! (I know now every kid in America is going to want one because I gave one to MY kid!! Lol! )

Jay proceeds to tell me everything he has packed for Jarrod (much like I’ve done but not nearly as exciting :teeth: ). He has included his bathing suit and sun screen (what did he think I was too stupid to bring sunscreen?? :confused3 …whew!!) He then wants to tell me in detail how one of the rest stops wasn’t working the other day because of a toilet issue…did he really need to go THERE? Finally we escaped him and made our way BACK to our house to pick up what we forgot…or so we thought.

Of course the neighbors were not the least bit surprised to see us come back home not 15 minutes after we had left, as this is a common occurrence! Heck even if I go to the grocery store I have to go back and get something at home…usually money. Oh, did I mention that we did not stop by the money spitter to get any cash? No? then pay attention that might be a recurring theme in this here tale!

At 3:30 eastern daylight savings time we entered the highway for a trek to the mountains. Nothing could go wrong!! :lmao: :lmao:

Meriweather
04-17-2006, 01:04 PM
:rotfl: Tara......a reason why I always make lists ::yes:: I love my lists.

You move furniture to vacuum :eek: We're supposed to do that?? :rotfl:

Welcome back, Alan. How was the trip.

Sorry you are clogged, Elaine. Sorry that just strikes me as funny.
We use Vicks in the nostril here :teeth:

haven't seen Kingdom of Heaven yet, Elaine. But Dave saw it on the loooong plane trip and loved it. He wants to buy the DVD.

Meriweather
04-17-2006, 01:07 PM
The DIS is :snail: :mad:

But I wanted to introduce Franklin :)
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p02f968d3af037373eb258a5b6426d2f0/ef653310.jpg

isyne4u
04-17-2006, 01:08 PM
:rotfl: Tara......a reason why I always make lists ::yes:: I love my lists.

You move furniture to vacuum :eek: We're supposed to do that?? :rotfl:

heheeh I have lists of lists but I never look at them because they seem so silly!! :teeth: hehehe

Well, I hear you are supposed to move them and I if asked I'll always say ::yes:: otherwise I pretend! hehehe

tara

dizneenut
04-17-2006, 01:19 PM
:wave:

Glad everyone had a nice Easter. Ours was nice too. Food was yummy, visiting family was nice. :) After leaving Junior's aunt's house my mom stopped by to visit, and both BIL's & SIL's and nephews. We hung out, grabbed some Taco Bell (everyone had the munchies! :teeth: ), and watched a movie.

Pam, I am so sorry to hear about DH's accident. So glad the he & his friend weren't injured. Prayers & good thoughts headed your way. :hug:

Tara, :rotfl: at your trip report. Can't wait to hear the rest. :teeth: And, yes, the boys resumed play when the electricity came back. :teeth: And thanks for the nice comment on Jordan. :)

Elaine, sorry your stuffed. Glad your voice held out, though.

Nancy, Franklin is adorable. :)

Kimmie, glad to hear the dishwasher is working.

Boys have no school today so they've been playing video games all day. Junior is also off work today, so we ran a few errands this morning and have just been vegging the rest of the day. :)

dizneenut
04-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Here is a pic BIL took of us after church yesterday. :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p2487bf039c67051b17abce960a0bb826/ef6526cd.jpg

alabamaalan
04-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey, it's Franklin. :teeth:

Does he count by twos and tie his shoes?

He does look cute btw. ::yes:: Our girls had new outfits for their BaB's in their Easter baskets. Their animals were sitting in the baskets as if they were the gifts, but it was because they were wearing new outfits :)

Don't worry, they had lots of other stuff.

Tara, I'm loving your trip reports...forgive me for looking forward to seeing the oncoming train wreck. ;)

(Only because I'm assuming you did have a great time)

helenabear
04-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Told ya she was cold blooded!
Missed ya too, Alan :rolleyes:

Check on the drugs there Tara... Ithink that's the only way I can deal with her. She's just so rude and bossy now... I miss those days when she was so cute and cuddly as a baby :teeth:

Oh Kimmie, I forgot to say earlier, no big on the IM thing. I figured you were busy and honestly that I was offline when you'd be available to talk. Just glad you saw the message. Still working on your package though :rolleyes1

Tara, you are so funny with your trip report!!! Oh and the toothbrush was always my most forgotten item when I would travel! You wouldn't believe how many times I had to buy a new one... or hope that the hotel had the travel ones out for you just to be nice :p
(you don't have a fat **** though ;))

Glad the clogging nose amused you! Actually it does me too at times. I wish both would work. Oh and I used a nasal thing that was supposed to work for 12 hours... worked for about 2 :rolleyes: Kingdom of Heaven was kind of another slower paced movie, but a lot in that one spoke to me. I meant to watch it on Friday but we never got to it. We had to rehook our entertainment system stuff after I moved furniture on Weds (yes we were too busy to hook it up before then).
Love the new addition ::yes::

Dryer buzzed... soo... quickly

great pic Sherry! Sounds like a nice Easter and today off for everyone as well!

Tiger Lily 03
04-17-2006, 02:05 PM
I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE Franklin! and his little outfit too!

The trip report...oh yeah! So goo to read about. I wish I could say I can't relate to the needed return trips home b4 finall exit. That seems to be our way for sure. (Dumpster tours too-love those special moments)

Pinkie swear! Now that is a true Ya Ya! You rock!

Yay for working dishwasher!

Alan, good to have ya back too!

Pam, deadline, eek! Lucky you that you thrive on those...nope not me.

Sherry, fantastic family pic. You really have a lovely family.

Elaine, ok yech for working when you can't breath well.

It has been officially announced, sort of, :rolleyes: here that my young coworker is leaving. She will be a SAHM and I love her for her wanting to do this. I am sad to see her leave. We've been struggling here ove it b/c we have learned that she will not be replaced. If things don't get better next year more lay offs. I am in the counting phase to retirement, just not quite ready to make that happen. Now, I'm in a bag b/c I get to do the work of my coworker, if we were to train I would get to do both jobs whilst training too. Mighty tall work load for certain. Somehow this is not how I envisioned my last couple of years here. Also, most likely 0 pay increase next year, just a "thank you" for sticking around. It's very gloomy these days. Trying to survive, I will I know.

Off I go looking for :sunny: ...

kimmar067
04-17-2006, 02:16 PM
....:wave: Kimmar....

...you 're still 'talking' to me, even after I 'exposed' your tatoo... :teeth: ??!?!?

isyne4u
04-17-2006, 03:02 PM
You will have to wait on the next chapter of the train wreck...uh I mean story til tomorrow.

I have to go get the dog from the kennel and then I have bowling tonight and then it is bed to catch up on my shut eye!

So please no pouting if i'm not around for bumping! ;)I will be back tomorrow!!

hugs,
tara

Meriweather
04-17-2006, 03:18 PM
Very nice picture, Sherry ::yes::

I don't know if Franklin can tie his shoes or not?? :confused: He's only worn rain boots ;)
Which outfits did the girls get, Alan?
Franklin does neet to go into BaB for some surgery :( He arrived with his back open :eek:
Lily....turtles :teeth: Couldn't resist. All Dania's fault. She got one from ebay so I went looking too. :rolleyes: I need to stay away from that place!
Sorry about the work situation :(

We need some lost and found,.....preferably found.... pixie dust pixiedust:
Dave has misplaced :rolleyes: his day timer....which has his passport and business credit card in it. I have looked all around here. He has looked at work. I will double check his car tonight.

kimmar....well, it is almost short season (supposedly), so I guess it would be hard to hide a leg tattoo ::yes::

have fun bowling, Tara. Can't wait for the next installment of the TR.

Headache creeping in. I think I need lunch :)

helenabear
04-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Lily, sorry about the work situation. I still think you ought to look into "retirement" some more. It's not all that bad ;)

Okay, since Tara will make us wait on her trip report... HEY ALAN!!!!!!!!!!!!! We want one of yours too :p

Nancy, good luck to Dave with finding his dayplanner. I do hope that one shows up soon!

Kind of in a grouchy mood... at least Luis should be home soon :)

alabamaalan
04-17-2006, 04:09 PM
I don't know if Franklin can tie his shoes or not?? :confused: He's only worn rain boots ;)

Sorry, I immediately thought of

http://familyfunsoftware.com/images/items/15/151.jpg

and since my girls are much younger, I'm a bit more familiar with his opening theme where they say that Franklin can count by twos and tie his shoes.

And Lainey, one trip report coming up. I had actually posted some on the Angels but didn't want to interrupt Tiara's :teeth:

(Especially since hers sounds more adventerous. We left the kiddies at home ;) )

dizneenut
04-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Lily, sorry about the work situation. :hug:

Nancy, hope Dave finds his day timer soon.

Tara, have fun bowling tonight.

alabamaalan
04-17-2006, 04:16 PM
And since Lainey asked so nicely ;)

Okay...lots to talk about so I'll take it in small doses because that is how I am best viewed as well.

Our trip to Myrtle Beach:

We left out on Saturday morning after dropping our girls off to stay with friends. Tara, there was no butt-sniffing going on between them and the other little girl.

It was about a long drive to MB, and it rained most of the way, but we had an audiobook and, with no children, the stops were much quicker. ;)

We checked into the condo that the church suggested and opened the door to find little league kids fully engaged in a water balloon fight. Then I saw several college kids running amuck as well and realized it was spring break up there.

In fact, the front desk gave us a "Spring Break survival pack" when we checked it that included toothpaste, deoderant, and a do not disturb sign :rolleyes:

However, the stay was very pleasant and there was not a problem with noise at all :)

We got dressed for Sunday morning. My dear wife ironed my shirt while I made sure I had packed the correct tie, belt and shoes.

I did :)

I just forgot to pack the dress pants. :rolleyes1

So I went to visit the church in a shirt tie and blue jeans. But not just any blue jeans..these were my driving and going on vacation blue jeans. The back pocket was unstitched at the bottom and there were small holes where the pockets are sewn to the seat. :eek:

Fortunately, her singing went over very well. She was extremely nervous and self-conscious since this wasn't a local church. However, God really used her and the people were very receptive. She sang two songs that morning and then we enjoyed the sermon, visiting with the congregation and ate lunch with the music minister and family.

We went back to the condo where Mrs. AA took a nap while I paid a visit to the local Wal-Mart. I wasn't going to buy new dress pants, but I could at least wear better jeans to church that night. When I saw that their sales tax was 5%, I considered buying several other things, but fought that urge. The sales tax in Montgomery (for anything you purchase) is 10%

So I assumed Sunday nights were more casual and I was much more comfortable and confident walking to the front pew that evening when I heard a deacon running up behind me.

"Sir? I don't believe those stickers are supposed to still be on your pants"

Oh well...at least I removed all of the cardoard and paper attachments.

Needless to say..the people who were already seated were quite jovial and Mrs. AA will never trust me to dress myself again. :teeth:

She sang 4 or 5 songs that evening and gave her testimony. She was "in the zone" with all of it (Thank you, God) and once it was over, she could relax and enjoy the vacation.

We said our good byes to our friends there, but will be retuning in November for "Jubilee", a missions conference/revival/all around good time they host each year.

Supper was large blizzards at DQ because we deserved them and we spent a second night at the condo before leaving the next morning for our vacation. (Next installment)

alabamaalan
04-17-2006, 04:18 PM
Vacation continued:

I'm afraid the rest of our trip wasn't nearly as entertaining as my wardrobe malfunction but we had a great time.

We traveled through parts of SC, NC, GA, and TN en route to Pigeon Forge. The drive through the Smoky Mountains was pleasant.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p12ea80ec6d4081d76e0756675f601493/ef660ee1.jpg

Although Mrs. AA told me that even though she appreciated me describing the area we were driving through, it was not necessary to refer to any sheer drops looming ominously near our vehicle.

We arrived that afternoon and checked into our cabin

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p406b4870fbff03cead1ce09f77a5bbf4/ef660631.jpg

and then proceeded to investigate those majestic moutains.

http://www.dollywood.com/images/main/dw_mp_promo_dolly.jpg

Unfortunately, Dolly wasn't there so we had to settle for the theme park.

Since we arrived after 3PM, our one-day tickets were good for the next operating day as well. We rode a few water rides, looked around, and had supper in the park (ribs, fries, beans)

I have to admit...I like the food choices there - they serve "real" food.
Dollywood dining descriptions (http://www.dollywood.com/food-dining/)

Then it was back to the cabin to enjoy the jacuzzi, cable TV and no nearby neighbors!

alabamaalan
04-17-2006, 04:19 PM
Since Dollywood is not open on Tuesdays in April, we had a day just to sightsee.

We drove into Cades Cove

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pcf9250db28ec86226f74764fc1b372b0/ef6609ca.jpg

Which is an 11 mile one way loop taking you through an old farming community complete with cabins, churches, and wildlife

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pd4aba72f7c448595d567eba0904699eb/ef661333.jpg

We avoided Gatlinburg this time though and although it looks like the cheezy tourist shop gods threw up on Pigeon Forge, we still browsed though some of the Christmas outlets and bought a few things. We also dined at the Applewood Farmhouse resteraunt which was very good.

It was interesting to have a waitress from NJ as her accent was not quite local ;) and she let a "youze" slip out with her "honey" :teeth:

Powdered fritters with apple butter is very good btw ::yes::

We returned to Dollywood on Wed. and rode some very good and some mediocre rides, but I loved the setting and the atmosphere.

And since we did not get to see the shows we were interested in and knew the girls would love it, we upgraded our tickets to season passes. It was cheaper than buying another adult admission later in the year.

We drove home on Thursday and since the girls were out of school on Friday, I took that day off as well.

Smoky Mtn. pics (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2107285358)

Easter pics (http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2107283587)

Kama89
04-17-2006, 05:09 PM
Argh! Whose bright idea was it to re download Snood back onto my computer?!? I've gotten nothing done today. :badpc:

Why ya grouchy Elaine? Want me to beat somebody up for ya?

Hey ya'll... I chatted with Paula for a minute today. She asked me to let everyone know she's doing well. Miss ya Paula... :grouphug:

Cleo! You be good to your ole Mom now! She's not as young as she used to be ya know! ;)

Nancy, soon you and I can share carpet installing stories. Not sure when ours will be going in, but hopefully it won't be much longer.

Tried Breathe Right strips at night for breathing Elaine? I've tried them in the past... they seem to work pretty well.

Hey Alan... :wave:

Way to go with the DVD player buying Tara. If my son ever decides he wants one, you do know it's your fault don't you?

Chapter two.... :yay: I hate packing. I suck at it. I can't get past taking oodle of shoes. They take up so much room. :rolleyes1

Franklin is adorable!! I'm sorry to hear he's wounded Nancy. :(

Sherry, what a handsome family you have!!

Lily, that extra work load sounds like quite a job. Sigh. I hope that turns out to be a temporary thing for you.

Pinkies rock!

http://www.pinkieswear.com/images/small_banner_logo_tm.gif

Kama89
04-17-2006, 05:17 PM
OOps... Alan sneated on me.

Gorgeous pictures Alan! Sorry the deacon stole your sticker though. :p

Meriweather
04-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I immediately thought of

http://familyfunsoftware.com/images/items/15/151.jpg

and since my girls are much younger, I'm a bit more familiar with his opening theme where they say that Franklin can count by twos and tie his shoes.
)

That is who he is name after ;) I was just "trying" to be a bit funny :rolleyes: I should know better :teeth:

Great stories, Alan. Love the missing wardrobe. Waiting to hear why all those clothes Tara packed, weren't enough ;)
Nice pictures.....look kind of like my yard :teeth:

Too many shoes, Kimmie? At least they aren't size 13s that I have to pack for Dave....they take way too much room and weigh too much too :(
I love my crocs.....comfy and light weight too and since I am not a slave to fashion, I don't care if they are ugly :rotfl: They are like the Scion ;) after awhile, they don't look so bad.

I'm really not supposed to be on here now :blush:
Be back later.....Dave's surprise arrived today and I am so anxious for him to come home and see it :hyper:

Poohnatic
04-17-2006, 06:48 PM
Evening all.

Headed to bed in a few-long day, but good! I enjoyed myself today, I was kept busy all day and I like the new coworkers!

Yep, Bronchitis for me and Kev. We've got meds now, so we'll get rid of this soon.

Today was Neil's b'day, so he reminded me (after opening the presents I did give him) that'd I'd promised him a Gamecube game. Kid made out like a bandit! Dinner at Cody's. It was low key. I gave him the option of doing something special on Sunday-so we're going to Sea World! :thumbsup2 We've never been!

Lily, :grouphug: . Not fun having more workload when you're trying to wind down your time.

AA, loved the pics and the report. I want the girl's Herbie outfits! That cabin looks like it was made for relaxing!

Nancy, find the daytimer? My big one got resurrected for this job-so it's hard to miss!

Sherry, mighty fine looking family you've got there!

Pinky swears for good behavior? Let's see how long THAT lasts! :lmao:

Tara, so, you forgot your debit card, didn't you?

Pam, sending a dose of hugs for the pamalamadingdong house.

Paula :wave2:

Oops, bedtime!

Suzanne

Meriweather
04-17-2006, 06:54 PM
No daytimer here......will check his computer bag and car tonight. Something can be right in front of him and he won't see it :rolleyes: I just hope that does happen and it gets found. He leaves on a business trip tomorrow and I really don't want his expenses on our household credit card.

Glad the day was a good one, Suzanne.

:bday: Neil!!

Tiger Lily 03
04-17-2006, 07:45 PM
Evenin' all

Alan, great pics. You do need to get into the pics more too. Timer on the camera maybe? Girls have lovely outfits. Love your Minnie Pearl rendition of new pants. :lmao:

Happy birthday Neil! Sounds like some good presents. Hope all get well in your house soon Suzanne.

Never heard of Franklin the Turtle, but I would so love that BaB turtle...I may need to go off hunting for one. DH will not be pleased I'm sure. :teeth: Hope you find Franklin the Planner though Oh, that could be stressful.

Hey Paula!

I managed to get the bed linens changed, dogs bathed and dog bedding washed. Towels in washer so I think I at least got something done tonight. Off to wipe down the dog cage and put the bedding in.

helenabear
04-17-2006, 08:35 PM
Nancy, I actually laughed when I read it, so you were funny to me :p

Alan :love2: What a sweetie you are!!!
ty, kindly ::yes::

Kimmie, just a mood... it'll pass. Kind of grouchy for a silly reason... if you PM me, I'll tell ya why :p

Paula :wave2: I miss chatting with you on IM... I should be home more now, so I'll try to catch ya :)

Suzanne, glad you got your meds to help!
Happy Birthday to Neil! :bday:
He has a great birthday ::yes:: :teeth:

Great job getting all that done Lily!!!

I need to run now, back from knitting but I had a good time. See ya tomorrow!

isyne4u
04-17-2006, 08:56 PM
AA... :lmao: oh my goodness you had me rolling!! I too have worn the sticker on the back of my pants...one day in college my senior year. i was walking through the main hallway with this label stuck to my butt!!! At least the size back then was a single digit!! :teeth:

I will go look at your pictures in a bit. I'm trying to get mine down loaded to image station.

Bowling was lousy tonight!! But the drink was good!! hmmm wonder if there is a connection :confused3

All right I'm outta here. I'll be back tomorrow to work on the trip report! i doubt mine will touch Alan's in the comedy!! hehehe

hugs to all,
tara

Meriweather
04-17-2006, 09:49 PM
Kimmie, just a mood... it'll pass. Kind of grouchy for a silly reason... if you PM me, I'll tell ya why :p

Hey....no secrets!! :mad: We ALL want to know....the sillier the better :teeth:

I got Dave a BIG figure!! It is so cool and he was really surprised!

Poohnatic
04-18-2006, 01:30 AM
In honor of Alan yesterday, I changed into a new shirt when I got home. So, the doctor and all the good people of Target got to see that I wear XL tops! :rotfl2:

Headed out to work. I woke up at least once an hour, paranoid that I overslept. Debating whether I'll take a nap when I get home!

Later, taters!

Suzanne

dizneenut
04-18-2006, 04:56 AM
Morning!!

Alan, great pics and :rotfl: at the report.

Suzanne, happy b-day to Neil.

Elaine, I think I forgot to wish Cleo a happy b-day yesterday, so happy b-day to her. :)

Boys go back to school today and Junior is back at work. No nephew this week as it is Spring Break for BIL (he works at the schools). So, I have a break this week. :bounce: I am watching my friend's DS for a couple hours today, though, as a favor. Need to go to Jared's school this morning for his Honor Roll ceremony. :)

kimmar067
04-18-2006, 07:29 AM
... :wave2: g'mornin', Yi-Yi's...... :moped:

Alan ~
Loved your trip report and your pix...my DSis, AspiringCindy visited there last summer; they rented a 2-story cabin with a great view of the Blue Ridge Mountains - they absolutely LOVED it!

Tiger Lily 03
04-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Morning Ya Yas!

Sherry, sounds like you are in for a wonderful week. Hope you get to relax with that. I know you will certainly have a proud moment this morning at the ceremony.

Suzanne, I think I was still in deep sleep. My you are getting to work early with this new job! :earseek:

Nancy, will we get to see pictures of the figure?

Elaine, good morning...no grumps today. :sunny: Enjoy the sunshine!

Off to the work space...

alabamaalan
04-18-2006, 07:55 AM
That is who he is name after ;) I was just "trying" to be a bit funny :rolleyes: I should know better :teeth:

Nope, you did fine. I blame it on my just returning from vacation and waiting for my feeble mind to catch up. ;) You just have to pitch them to me slowly. :3dglasses

Good morning Y'all-Y'alls! :wave2:

kimmar067
04-18-2006, 07:57 AM
....Kimmie, just a mood... it'll pass. Kind of grouchy for a silly reason...

...is this you:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p15e380d895c71299557dd50e7d8a2f9a/ef77af61.jpg

Meriweather
04-18-2006, 08:22 AM
Nancy, will we get to see pictures of the figure?

Sure...a bit later. I need to head out early this morning for an appointment.
I will have to use the old camera.....the new one's card is full. I need to get out and buy a bigger one....soon!

:yay: Sherry for honor roll and for no babysitting. What are you going to do with all that free time? :)

Suzanne......what time do you go to work? :eek:
Glad you are enjoying it so far.

:wave: kimmar ;)

helenabear
04-18-2006, 08:35 AM
Good morning everyone!!! I did something that I've needed to for a while... I totally slept in this morning! I haven't been able to get more than a few hours of sleep a night lately, so when I woke up coughing so bad that I couldn't get it to stop w/o sitting up, I went downstairs to read... and I fell asleep propped up. Came up here before Luis was to wake up, and after he left, I fell asleep propped up again. Back hurts, but at least I slept :p

Hmmm... Tara... wouldn't know why good drinks would affect bad bowling ;) I'd blame it on a bad ball first :p

LOL, Nancy, that was supposed to be my subtle way of telling Kimmie it was her turn to reply to the PM. I will be getting to yours today. So no secrets, just me being a twit :teeth:

Suzanne :laughing: I am sure Alan is proud to know he is such a great influence on all of us!

Sherry, I hope you get to enjoy the break this week! Have fun at the ceremony today!

Lily, I'll try not to be grumpy today. I do plan to enjoy the sunshine! I have some errands to do later today and I figure I will just walk to them :)

Kimmar :rotfl:
Cute pic ;)

Morning Alan, but don't we always have to pitch thing slow for you to get them? :)

alabamaalan
04-18-2006, 08:36 AM
Feel better soon Lainey...no one likes a grumpy bunny :)

Pictures of YaYa figures? :hyper:

Will this be more of the dance line?

Kama89
04-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah yeah, I know... I suck at PM'ing lately. :blush: My life has been too boring. The thought of PMing about tile and broken dishwashers was just too much of a snoozer. As soon as I'm done ketchuping I'll write and tell you all about dry brushing the brick hearth and you can tell me why you were grumpy. :p

Okay why is Nancy buying big figures for Dave and what sort of big figure? Lotsa zeros $$$ big? Or Victoria's Secret doesn't carry that size big or Shaquille O'Neil big? Hmmm.

Pinkie swears for good behavior? Nuh uh...no way would I pinkie swear on good behavior. :smooth: I will however pinkie swear that we won't give up on the YaYa thread just yet. :)

Happy belated b-day to ya Neil!!

Morning Kimmar! :wave: How are ya today?

Wooo! Honor Roll for Jared! Go Jared! Good job dude!!

Hope you're having a good day in your work space today Lily!

Good coworkers is a very good thing. Glad to hear it went well Suzanne. ...and feel better soon. Bronchitis is the pits.

Looking forward to part three Tara!

Today I think I'll run a load of dishes in the dishwasher!! Woooo!!! Ah, my life is a thrill a minute! :banana:

Meriweather
04-18-2006, 11:50 AM
Back from icky doctor appointment....glad that is over ::yes::

Big figure :rotfl: That would be me!! :rotfl:
Picture soon, Kimmie. Guess I will need a reference so you will know how big it is ;)

My life is more boring than yours :p
No dishwasher going in, no tiles, nothing right now at all.
think I will go make cookies....that is an exciting day for me :teeth:
Dave's in ID.....I'm sure that is exciting too :rotfl:

isyne4u
04-18-2006, 12:18 PM
ack! work is killing me today. I haven't even had a chance to write chapter 3. I'm going to try and do it next bell when my resource kids are here. I promise I won't leave you hanging....you got hear about snakes, bats, and wax.

I will also explain the mystery surrounding my clothes!! :rotfl:

Elaine...you are right...its the ball's fault. I am a wonderful bowler and would get 300's every time if the ball would pay attention! Sorry you were a grumpy bunny. Teenagers will do that to you.

Nancy...i actually know what you are talking about in the big fig dept. I have one of sorceror mickey my uncle got for me at a truck stop.

Happy b-day neil!

Kimmie...tiling and dishwashers sound like a life to me. At least it isn't work!

Kimmar...I didn't know you had a real live sis here on teh boards. I guess this means I better stop spaming people and talking bad about you! :teeth:

Alan...I'm sorry lainey is being mean to you! She better be nice to you or you may decide that being her cabana boy isn't as much fun!! :teeth:

oaky, gotta do some real work. I'll be back in a bit with chapter 3. I got it write it first!! hehehe

tara

dizneenut
04-18-2006, 12:39 PM

Nancy, I'm sure I'll find lots to do with my free time. :teeth:
Can't wait to see a pic of the big figure!

Elaine, glad you got some sleep.

Ceremony was nice. :)

helenabear
04-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Okay before I go into my ketchup part of the post...

Tara!!!! How could you???? Side with the help around here??? Shame on you! Geez, Alan is not much fun to have as cabana boy... a bit lazy ya know, and you side with him. Boy I'm hurt :snooty: :sad1:

:p

Moving on now :teeth:

Alan, no piccies for you!!!! ;)

Kimmie :rotfl: I didn't even picture something like that for Dave until you mentioned it like that :teeth:
Oh I didn't mean to pinky swear on being good... that will never happen (me being good ya know) I meant to be good as in not giving up. Geez, me trying to behaving is about as possible as... well Alan being nice to me :)
Woo hoo on runing the dishwasher. hey I was all exciting and ran mine TWICE today!

Nancy, glad your yucky doctor's appt is over with. I hate those. I still need to make an appt for one of mine. I will do that as soon as I finish I think.
What cookies are you making today? I have a desire to make a yellow cake. The same one that started off as chocolate, that I made lime, then lemon I want to change and make yellow. It's really moist!
Hope Dave has fun in ID... better than a place like Delaware. not that anything is wrong with Delaware, just not much to it (so my family who lives there says)

Tara, I think we should blame everything on the ball! Bad day, blame the ball! Dinner burnt to a crisp, blame the ball! Cats misbehaving, blame the ball! Alan being a twit... well... actually it might be really true that it's all the balls fault then!
And for now I will sit and wait patiently for your trip report... I'm honestly really wondering what the clothes thing was all about.

Sherry, glad the ceremony went well! Did he get anything special there?

Oh and thanks to another poster, I did look at the time Suzanne posted! Wow that is early!!!

Tiger Lily 03
04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Nancy, your camera card is full? Awwww.

I like blame it on the ball. Works for me. Bad ball!

Kimmie, at least you have a dishwasher that wroks. You thrill seeker you.

Kimmar, I like the grumpy bunny. Made me smile.

Afternoon nap time. I think I'm going to take up that one. Sunshine is fantastic here. I may get to be out itn it after work.

alabamaalan
04-18-2006, 02:16 PM
http://www.free-graphics.com/clipart/Sports/Bowling/Cartoons/Evil_Ball_2.jpg

They are evil!

And no YaYa pics...Lainey's afraid to show her tattoo?

Tara, she may let me out on occassion but she keeps Orli and Tony-boy, locked tight in the TOJ.

isyne4u
04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Alan being a twit... well... actually it might be really true that it's all the balls fault then! :lmao: where's the spewing diet coke smiley!!! I really gotta get my mind out of the gutter!!! ....the bowling gutter that is! :teeth:

Who sent me this headache? I haven't even had a chance to write the thing yet!

Let me do that now. I'll be back in a few!!

tara

Kama89
04-18-2006, 02:46 PM
...i actually know what you are talking about in the big fig dept. I have
Tara has big figs. I am so freaking jealous!!!

Jeez Elaine... don't you ever answer your PMs?? :teeth:

Alan being a twit... well... actually it might be really true that it's all the balls fault then!
Snork! What?!? :rotfl2: So does this mean I need to revise the Alan's fault smilie now?

Orli and Boo Boo are in the TOJ too? We may have to think about expanding the TOJ a bit. It's getting crowded. Orli keeps hogging air holes.

Enjoy your nap Lily! Sounds lovely! I may have to find one later too.

Icky appts. over and done with is a very good thing!!

hey I was all exciting and ran mine TWICE today!
You party animal you!! Pace yourself girl... don't want to over do it!

Uh oh. Cheetos on Tara's Jack. :mad:

Meriweather
04-18-2006, 03:07 PM
:rotfl: You guys are cracking me up today.

Since Dave is working in ID, I don't think he will have much time to do anything else....and besides, what is there to do in ID?? :confused: That is where a lot of my family is from.
In fact, my aunt is in town visiting....exciting, I have a lunch date with her Thursday :)

Yep...camera card is full :( I only have the one that came with it...pretty small).
I do go to the big mall tomorrow (more excitement :teeth: ) to get the hair colored :)
Might have to get a bigger one then because Sat. is TULIP day!! :teeth:

Tara....tell the kids to take a nap, so you can write. (Sorry about the headache....want a cookie? Sugar helps mine ::yes:: )
As Elaine, says just boring chocolate chip :rotfl: But I added cranberries. They are now going into the freezer because I have eaten too many today and nothing else except a marshmallow egg ....great diet, huh?

took a picture with the old camera.....post as soon as I upload it :)

isyne4u
04-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Here it is Chapter 3...I had to stay after school to do it!! hehe I told mom I had work to do, so no telling mom that I was playing!!

Thanks for the cheetoes...now my head and face are orange!! How do I explain that to my co-workers.

Oh, and I've been eating Jellybeans and chocolate eggs all day :blush: don't think I need any more sugar!! hehe

Back later,

tara

isyne4u
04-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Now here's Chapter 3:

Chapter 3:

The Drive:

The drive was totally uneventful. Other than the one hour traffic delay, the mean woman at the rest stop, and the mild panic attack while driving 70+ mph on the side of hill, it was really a good drive! :rotfl:

For most of the trip I felt like I only had one kid. That was the baby that would every so often begin to either complain about riding or start singing for no reason! He is becoming quite the singer! :teeth: The other child sat staring at the video screen with his mouth hanging open. Every once in a while I had to remind him to close his mouth and wipe up the drool! :lmao: That boy was totally into the movies I had taken and was not about to be distracted by anything. It was pure pleasure driving…well for the first 4 hours!

Not 15 minutes into our journey we came to the first hurdle. The Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) was backed up for miles before you ever got to the bridge itself. The sign said it was a 20 to 30 minute wait. Not sure whose time they were on, but by my trusty Timex it was more like 50 to 60 minutes! And the cause of the back up you ask? Breakdown? Fender bender? Collision? Riot? Nope, none of the above. It was the morons who drove 55 to 60 mph until they got to the tunnel opening and then drove 30 mph ALL the way through it. To my thinking, if you are afraid of the tunnel the best thing to do would be to floor it and get through it as quickly as possible…not take your ever loving time and spend a week in it!

After the tunnel we made good time, we took all the right roads…thanks to Mama Bev. She knew exactly where we were going without a map, I just followed her lead. She was my navigator and DVD operator. Every time Jar was ready for a new movie he handed the machine to her and she did all the work. She was also the binky locator when Lounge Lizard would get ticked and toss it, as well as the hander outer of the drinks and snacks. All the while she maintained her calm cool air (well, actually she nearly froze me out with her calm cool air…I finally aimed all the AC vents to her head :lmao: ) and in between her other duties she found time to work on knitting the sweater she is making for Ethan.

We stopped at a McDonald’s located inside an Exxon service station with quick mart :confused3 for a quick dinner and stretch break. I asked the moron behind the counter how much a second happy meal toy cost because the boys were splitting a happy meal. She told me, “oh just a few cents. It isn’t very much.” Duh Tara, did you have to believe her. I looked at my receipt and the piece of junk cost me $1.69! :eek: I could have paid .50 more and gotten chicken and fries with that dang toy! Moron!

Before we left we all made potty stops (including Ethan!! :woohoo: ). While mom was waiting this rather disheveled woman came in and started looking around the boxes near the potty. As soon as the door started to open the woman bowled my mom over and yelled, “sorry I’m in a hurry”. Mom wouldn’t have minded if the heifer had asked nicely but geez woman!

We got back on the road and made good time the rest of the way. The only other “difficult” place was when we were crossing the mountains around Charlottesville, Virginia. One side of the road (my side) was pretty much a jump down to the valley floor if you went off the side of the road. Now this was a 4 lane highway with guard rails and the such but it still was a long jump! At this point I probably should have pulled over and given the reins to mom but I chose to stick it out. Oy vey! I found myself going as fast as I could to get away from the mountains (remember the whole tunnel thing? ) with both hands clenched so tightly on the steering wheel they nearly cramped. Finally, mom asked me if I was okay and I told her I was fine and we started talking small talk and shortly we were back on the side WITH the mountain and no drop. Just signs saying “Watch for Falling Rocks!)

We arrived at the hotel at 9:30 Thursday night. Ethan was screaming to get out of the car seat, Jarrod wanted to stay in the car and finish the movie, mom wanted food, and I wanted to go to bed. Only one of us got our wish!

Next…the hotel! Disney it ain’t….

Meriweather
04-18-2006, 03:26 PM
Here he is.......then off to read more on the Adventures of the Tara family :)

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p163eccccbbfe7b52544b80c68293d97f/ef601ade.jpg

Farther out, so you can see how big he is by the couch. (Now I want more!! :eek: )

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pba84b04306e433705b21f4b27a22f251/ef601a94.jpg

alabamaalan
04-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Those Mom Bevs sound awful handy. I don't think my van came equipped with one.

isyne4u
04-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Those Mom Bevs sound awful handy. I don't think my van came equipped with one.
She said she is available for rent. Just get me your dates and I'll get her packed!! hehehe

Nancy...Donald is really cool!! Did you get him from the catalog or ebay?

The Lounge Lizard just woke up and began singing. I guess I'll go get him up and see how is doing today!

tara

Meriweather
04-18-2006, 07:01 PM
disneyshopping a week or so ago when they were offereing 20% off and free shipping.
How could I resist. Donald is Dave's favorite ::yes::

Poohnatic
04-18-2006, 08:17 PM
Popping in again, bedtime in a few.

The crazy work hours: I suggested I learn what the prep team does, as they're the foundation of the business. Sooooo, that means I work their schedule this week-3:30am start, varying departures. Today, I left and went recruiting, but I stopped by the store being built, ran into boss man. We ended up talking for an hour about the stuff that had been done, the stuff that was yet to be done. He got a call from boss lady, said I was there and she passes on that the prep team has a crush on me. Awwww.

Love this group of people. I am kicking myself for taking French way back when, but the pequeno spanish I do know gets used. Someone needs to offer a "Spanish for managers/food preparation"

Nancy, take lots of pictures of those tulips. I think they're my favorite flower, because they remind me of my Nana's house. Love the Big Fig.

Lily, did I hear nap? Take one for me, 'kay?

Tara, the trip report is quite entertaining.

Sherry, enjoy sleeping in!

Kimmar, so that was a pinkie swear to cause more trouble?

Time for shut eye!

Suzanne

helenabear
04-18-2006, 08:55 PM
No time for ketchup... busy evening here... just wanted to say hi and good night before I crawled into bed :wave2:

Meriweather
04-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Christin did prep for Olive Garden......7 start. She probably wouldn't have if it was that early ;)
She also said she had no one to talk to because everyone else only spoke Spanish :rolleyes:
Maybe you will learn by immersion :teeth:

dizneenut
04-19-2006, 05:17 AM
Just a quick good morning!
I'll ketchup later!

:moped:

TLinden16
04-19-2006, 05:21 AM
Just a quick good morning :)

Tiger Lily 03
04-19-2006, 07:11 AM
:sunny:

Pam
04-19-2006, 07:12 AM
Mornin'! :sunny:

Off in a little bit to finally pick up DH's new truck at the dealership. Gee, only took us 17 days to get the settlement check from the insurance company. :rolleyes: Oh -- did I mention that we finally got fed up and drove 1 hour to Pittsburgh to personally pick up said check at the main office of the insurance company? :furious:

They are still trying to figure out replacement cost for the boat, trailer, and fishing equipment. :rolleyes:

Awwww...... Boo is stuck in the TOJ??? :guilty: Someone let the poor dear out. I just hope she didn't have any dimes stuck up her nose before she got shoved in the trunk. :rotfl: ;)

Alan and Tiara! I love, love, love, love, love :love: your trip reports! (And Alan's photos!!)

I once wore a pair of new jeans everywhere, proclaiming to the world that I had a "relaxed rearend fit". :rolleyes1

Suzanne - glad the new job is going well! :thumbsup2

Nancy - love Dave's duck! :woohoo:

Lainey has once again passed off her sinus headache to me. :sad2:

alabamaalan
04-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Pam, I supposed that could be better than being referred to as a tighta..butt

And I think that it is nice that Lainey learned to share...I know that Tara is also willing to share Jack if anyone is willing to take him.

Yeah, I know...most of you already have your own male headaches :rolleyes:

Nancy, I think you did great with the gift..how could you resist?

Good morning y'all!

helenabear
04-19-2006, 08:09 AM
Morning all!! Ketchup time :teeth:

Alan, I have now problems showing off pics of my tattoo... it's just you that scares me!!!!

Oh and they aren't in the TOJ... I learned a long time ago that if I left my men locked in there, Kimmie had access and that wasn't a good thing. I now lock them in my closet :teeth:
Well, except for Alan, he has his own little cage ;)

Lily, afternoon naps are always the best, especially when the sun is shining on you. Just makes me feel so cozy :)

Tara, I am totally shocked in you!!!! Get your mind out of the gutter you bad girl! I never would want anyone thinking along those lines with balls and the like ;)

Hush it Kimmie! I'll get to your PM whenever I damn well feel like it :p Oh and I won't over do it... I'm young and can handle that much excitement in a day :p

LOL, Nancy, enjoy the boringish chocolate chip cranberry cookies :teeth: Well I hope you got to enjoy at least one. And hey my diet isn't all that great. I ate a bunch of girl scout cookies for supper ::yes::

Tara, I did love that next installment, but you really got me curious with the sneak into the hotel... how bad was it???? :eek:

Wow, that is a huge figure, Nancy! But I love it!

Suzanne, good luck with those early start times! I hope that won't be too rough on you! As for Spanish, it may not have helped you all that much. Some places have totally different words for food items than others. Some day I'll explain why Luis and I never speak to eachother that much in Spanish ;)

Good morning to you too Lily, Sherry & Karen :)

Pam, good luck with the truck today!! How nice of them to work so quickly to get you your check :rolleyes: Sorry about the headache though, but I think Tara must have passed that one on to you... I haven't had one to share since last Thursday

Alan, don't get too excited... I do not share all that well :rolleyes:

dizneenut
04-19-2006, 08:23 AM

Love Donald, Nancy. Too cute! :)

Suzanne, wow, that's early. :eek:

Tara, :rotfl: at the report. Can't wait to hear about the hotel.

Pam, hope the headache goes away soon.

Meriweather
04-19-2006, 08:25 AM
[font=Arial]Hush it Kimmie! I'll get to your PM whenever I damn well feel like it :p Oh and I won't over do it... I'm young and can handle that much excitement in a day :p

Is that any way to talk to an elder :rotfl:
:blush: Ohhhh.....I know what you are talking about :p

Pam...glad you got the new truck. Sorry about the headache. Hope it doesn't last too long.

Tara, next installment ready yet? ;)

:wave: Sherry, Karen, Lily, Alan.

Headed out for another early appointment :rolleyes: But at least it is at the mall and I can have some shopping time :)

kimmar067
04-19-2006, 10:11 AM
...Kimmar, so that was a pinkie swear to cause more trouble?...

.... :confused3 ...... :rolleyes: .... :rolleyes1

isyne4u
04-19-2006, 10:15 AM
Hi gang,

haven't written the next installment yet. I'm home until mom gets home from a dr. appt. I didn't have anyone to keep the kiddies so I had to stay home this morning. So my calm morning has been filled with my two!! Jarrod is now off to school and Ethan is in the cage watching Rollie Polie Olie. He loves that show. As soon as it goes off he starts complaining because he is not a big doodlebops fan. Have to say I like his taste!!

The hotel actually wasn't that bad...just not like a disney hotel. I found myself the entire weekend comparing everything to WDW. Bad I know!!

Okay, gotta go finish getting ready to fight the world. I'll be back when I get to work! Actually, not sure the internet is working at work because my school email is not coming up so it might not even be up when I get there. hmm??? no internet at work would be BAAAADDDD!!!

I'll be back later!
tara

helenabear
04-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Let me try this posting thing again... DIS hasn't been too friendly with me this morning.

Nancy, I know, I should behave more... but with Kimmie... she's always egging me on and you know, she just makes it so hard for me to be nice ;)
I do hope you had fun after the appt this morning :)

Tara, I do that often with hotels. I am forever comparing them to my favorites at WDW. I hope you get your internet at work though and that we get your next installment soon ::yes::

:wave2: Hi Sherry & Kimmar!

I need to find something for lunch... just not in a mood to eat.

isyne4u
04-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Chapter 4
The Natural Bridge Inn and Conference Center
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p6262ba8157c206cfb3fef612ce4743b4/ef6335e4.jpg

This hotel is AAA rated and advertises an indoor heated pool, a full service dining room, and a play ground for kids. It also offers high speed internet, mountain views, and balconies. If you check out the link on line at naturalbrideva.com you will see how beautiful it is.

At 9:30 pm we finally pulled into the parking lot. We had thoughts of getting a bite to eat, maybe letting the kids play on the playground, and getting settled into the room. We requested a mountain view room without a balcony because we didn’t want a place for Ethan to climb! We were assured that the room windows opened so that we could take in the wonderfully clean mountain air.

So mom goes into the lobby to get us registered and jump out to get Ethan’s shoes put on him so he could run around on the playground. Jarrod complained about leaving his movie but I promised him that if he wanted to watch the movie he could sleep in the car and watch the movie all night long :rotfl: He chose not to do that.

Mom returns from the lobby with “the look” on her face. She said, “So do you want bad, worse, or worsest (hehehe) news?” Uh oh, hit me with it…Well, the dining room is closed…the closest food joints are 15 miles back the way we came :eek: . The indoor heated pool is CLOSED FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR (and I went back to the house to pick up those stupid suits! Grrr!! Oh wait, I had to get the toothbrush too. :blush: ). And the playground is across the street (read: mountain highway) and closes at dusk. Just peachy…no dinner and wild kids! Joy Joy Happy Happy!

The desk clerks were very helpful…they told mom that there was an elevator “that way” to get to the third floor. They pointed as if we had to go to the end of the building on the outside. So we hop back in the car and drive to the end of the building looking for the elevator…did we find it? Did we locate a outside entrance to the hotel? Nope we located the exit for the hotel parking lot! So out we go and back up the hill back into the parking lot looking for the missing elevator. After the 2nd trip through the lot we discovered that the elevator was, in fact, not 4 feet from where mom checked in. :rolleyes: Do you think they could have been more helpful? Oh and did I mention that the lady kept mom’s credit card and then called up to the room and told mom that SHE had left it!

After 3 trips we got all the gear into the room. Now I will say the room was very nice. It was probably as big as the moderates at Disney. The beds however, were a definitely not as good as the Disney ones! Mom sat on the edge of hers and practically slid off the side because it caved in so far!! It was pretty funny! They did have our crib with sheets set up. There was very little light in the room so it stayed dark at night. The room had a sink outside the bathroom as well as one in the bathroom. The shower had a changeable shower head. I don’t know what you call it but you could set the water to come out the way you wanted it.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p3cb69661b8cadce0763735edb39df1fd/ef638e5a.jpg The middle window was our room.

A note about the shower: those of you who have met my mom and I might have noticed that we have very different hair. She has baby fine not thick hair. Takes her 30 seconds to wash her hair. My hair, on the other hand, takes 5 minutes to wash and a garden rake to comb it. When mom got out of the shower (an unusually long shower :confused3 ) she looks at me, shakes her head, and announces “good luck getting your hair washed! I hope you are ready to run around in circles to get your head wet!” Apparently the water pressure was less than optimal and to make things worse every time some one flushed the water actually stopped for a micromoment!! :lmao: It was true the water pressure was so bad I wanted to stick my head in the toilet to wash my hair because the water pressure was better. Heck, even Jar who hates showers, was able to take a shower! It felt like a gentle spring rain!

The full service dining room left a bit to be desired as well. The dining room served breakfast daily from 8 to 10 am and then dinner from 530 to 830pm. They had no lunch program. Well, the bar did but it only opened at 3 and closed around the same time as the dinning room. We had the Friday night Seafood Buffet, the Saturday night Prime Rib buffet, and the Easter Morning Brunch. The seafood was okay, but not much for a land lubber like me. They had salad, dried out chicken in a wonderful lemon sauce, and some what appeared to be canned vegetables. Although the desserts were very good. Mom had the all she could eat crab legs with drawn butter. I’m not sure if she ate the crab for the crab or for the butter!! :rotfl: On Saturday night the prime rib was heavenly and had a horseradish bourbon sauce! Yummy!!

Now when I think of the world “brunch” I think of some breakfast food with some lunch food. Am I wrong to think this way? The Easter brunch was very good. Roast beef, ham, lamb, shrimp Newberg, cold salads, corn, fresh bread, green beans, and some kind of stewed tomatoes with croutons on it. They had a ham dish with pineapples and raisin sauce over it. It was all very good but there was not a lick of breakfast food up there  . Oh and they had a chocolate fountain with fresh fruit for dipping. I’m not really sure why, but they asked me to leave the fountain :confused3 . Something about the fountain was for dipping food, not your face!! :lmao:

Oh and the so called “playground” consisted of two swings and a tennis court! :lmao: Needless to say we never went over to it. I let the kids swing from the chandeliers in the dinning room instead! Hehehe

Overall, the hotel was nice. It was old, it was quaint, but it was nice. It had no themeing, no working pools, no place for the kids to play, no food court, and worst of all…no mickey soaps or towel animals. There was no money machine and they didn’t cash personal checks. There was no room service or even pizza delivery. We did have a nice mountain view, however, the window did not open. After the maintanece men worked for 20 minutes it was determined that the folks who painted the outside of the building recently had in fact, painted the windows closed! :rolleyes:

Our view: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p94460490f4f75f8693c74b92d28af8a9/ef638ea4.jpg and http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p54b47a629b8581950b1d986c77814465/ef638e34.jpg

Next up…our first full day…the Bridge

Meriweather
04-19-2006, 03:20 PM
:rotfl: Sorry about the no playground and no dinner first night, Tara.
We did all that traveling last summer and stayed in a wide variety of places. The historical ones (read...old ;) ), were quaint but not nearly as nice.
Sorry about the shower too :eek:
The things we are always most happy to get back to are our bed and shower (sorry, but even from WDW ).
It does look nice though....can't wait to hear about the next adventures ;)

Gray hair is gone....again....for now ;)
Made the mistake of popping in BaB to get someone some shoes and socks and came out $80 poorer :eek:
The cookie apron is BACK!! :woohoo: Had to get Lily a new one since Cookie Monster confiscated hers.
Got Biance the new grass skirt...in pinks and purples :)
And some other things.
Did manage lunch at Panera ...yummy ::yes::

Kama89
04-19-2006, 03:32 PM
but with Kimmie... she's always egging me on and you know, she just makes it so hard for me to be nice
I think egging less on my part would probably be a good idea. ;)

Tara, your pictures are gorgeous! The building is beautiful. We've stayed in a couple of quaint places. They have a personality all their own. You're right, Disney, they ain't. :p The most interesting for us was the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood. Actually the hotel was great, room was lovely although ancient... the ghost and celebrity stories were fun, but the location was slightly frightening and the people were.... well... I still haven't decided whether the person running the gift shop was male or female. :blush:

Oooh I love Nancy's tulip days! Pretty pictures!!! Nancy, Donald is adorable! I've never seen those before! Very cute!

Suzanne, did you say you go to work at 3:30!?!? Oh my! :faint:

What kind of truck Pam?

Kimmar, so that was a pinkie swear to cause more trouble?...
LOL! Poor Kimmar! Are you getting blamed for my doings? :p Hey, this could be fun!! :teeth:

Poohnatic
04-19-2006, 03:37 PM
Christin did prep for Olive Garden......7 start. She probably wouldn't have if it was that early ;)
She also said she had no one to talk to because everyone else only spoke Spanish :rolleyes:
Maybe you will learn by immersion :teeth:

I'm learning, lol. I caught a few words in a conversation, heard banos and caught the gist of it. I made a comment, and when translated to the non english speakers, laughter was loud and long-so I'm doing just fine. :thumbsup2

helenabear
04-19-2006, 03:58 PM
Tara, I went to that website and I think for those prices I would be a wee bit upset about all that there if I were you. Of course I am a total snob :rotfl: Yeah, I just usually whine a bit, and go about my merry way. The worst I do is if they ask me to fill out a questionare about my stay, then I tell them how much I didn't like the place :p

Wow Nancy, looks like you had a nice day out there then! Whatcha get from Panera? I love that place!

Less egging in the kitchen would be a wise idea Kimmie, but if you don't egg me on here, than what fun would it be for everyone else? ;)

somehow I just thought about the days when Apolo would show up more. Wonder where the boy is now *sigh* :teeth:

Suzanne, I ought to send you a book I found... spanish for dummies... was actually a decent book for learning enough

having pizza here tonight, so I'll do the hard part of turning hte oven on and throwing hte frozen pizza in ;)

Meriweather
04-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I had the potato soup....I love that stuff.

Suzanne....sitting at my feet is Instant Immersion Spanish for the computer. I picked it up at Costco for $10 and will actually put it on the computer some day ;) I have only had 2 years of high school Spanish and we know how long ago that was :rolleyes:
But, it was inexpensive and sounded like something to do on the slow days....:rotfl: who was I kidding. I need to make time to actually do it.

Tulip pictures.....I forgot to get more memory for the camera!!! :mad: Think I need more memory for me ::yes::
I will see if Dave will pick one up Friday for me.

helenabear
04-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Never had the potato soup there... I am sure it is as good as the others I've had before though.
And yes, don't forget the card! We want tulip pics :teeth:

I am super tired y'all... so I am calling it quits early tonight :wave2:

Poohnatic
04-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Nancy-thanks for the heads up. I'll hit Costco for that sometime this week.

Lainey, I do have to hit Borders tomorrow for a b'day gift, so I'll take a look for that one. The dummies books are funny, we sold them at Babbage's waaaaaay back when. When they branched out from just computer titles, we made sure we always had "wine for dummies", "sex for dummies" and "parenting for dummies" grouped together. :rotfl2:

Having work email is a new thing for me. We use a web based account, so I don't have to be there-I got to have fun with it. Coordinating a guest's order whose wife is on bedrest. His email came in at 6:45, I craft an explanation of how we'll do it and not two minutes after I send it, I got his "thanks!" Nice to be CURRENT with guest interaction tools. :teeth:

I get to have some fun-I'm manning a booth at a 'taste of...' event.

Kimmy, yes I've been at work at 3:30 in THE MORNING. I know, I'm usually awake at 1am, now I have to get up at 2:30! Eek! Only two more days of that!

Tiara, I looked at your pics and it brought back memories of my visit there. The mountain views remind me of my old houses. Someday, I'll post some pictures of those mountain views.

Two days in a row with meals created at work or as a result of work (over produced a carnitas marinate and I got the excess) and the kids were happy. Phew, I don't have the brain power to think of any kid friendly meals this week. I will say one thing-after prepping all the entrees for to go orders, it made me go :scared: at a few (yuck on olives and prunes) and :Pinkbounc for others.

I know, I'm babbling. I'll go sleep now!

Suzanne

helenabear
04-20-2006, 05:47 AM
Lainey, I do have to hit Borders tomorrow for a b'day gift, so I'll take a look for that one. The dummies books are funny, we sold them at Babbage's waaaaaay back when. When they branched out from just computer titles, we made sure we always had "wine for dummies", "sex for dummies" and "parenting for dummies" grouped together. :rotfl2:
:rotfl:
There was a catalog that I got once and right next to the "Sensual Massage" book they had, there was a video about the miracle of birth. I always thought someone had a great sense of humor with that one too :teeth:

You know, I totally understand about some of the food stuff you said you were babbling about. But I think it's cool your work can be brought home with you and loved that much :teeth:

For whatever reason I am tired today. I slept quite a bit, but honestly, I feel like I need more. I am just happy I was able to sleep w/o needing to prop my head.

Little things excite me, what can I say :teeth:

Other than cleaning and taking my dad to the airport later, not much is on the agenda here :)

dizneenut
04-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Morning!

Jared is home from school today. Has a tummy ache and he puked in the middle of the night. :(

Suzanne, I thought getting up at 4:30 and 5:00 was bad! :eek:

Tara, sorry about the no playground and the horrible shower. The hotel looks really nice and the view is awesome.

Nancy, yay on the BaB trip! I haven't been in there in soooo long. :( I like Panera too. Can't wait to see Tulip pics. :)

Gotta go throw some sheets in the wash.

alabamaalan
04-20-2006, 07:48 AM
Tara, I'm sorry that you went from bad to worstest...perhaps y'all should just all go tent camping next time? :teeth:

Suzanne :rotfl: at the book order.

Tiger Lily 03
04-20-2006, 07:51 AM
Morning Ya Yas!

Elaine, if you are tired, take it easy. A nice stroll up the street could be soothing. ;)

Tara, love your pics and story. Well, I guess you won't be going back to the mountains soon to vaca hmmmm? That you survived with two little ones there is a miracle! I look forward to the rese of your survival story.

Nancy, you make me have BaB envy. I saw somet BaBs over on ebay that I would really love, but can't get as well.

Suzanne, I also love that you can take your work home. Me, not a good thing ever. I look forward to hearing more of your adventures. Sounds like you are in your element. Hope it continues.

Uh oh, there are Kamma-Kimmar confusions...look out!

I am beginning to not like my workplace. Danger...

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 08:02 AM
Sorry for the "Kama-Kimmar" confusion [try saying THAT 3 times fast! :teeth: ] but I ain't changing mah name......:snooty:......[LOL :teeth: ]

Good morning, ladies (and bothers.... :wave: )

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 08:12 AM
Kimmie, ya MIGHT wanna git that radar fixed....... :rolleyes1

Meriweather
04-20-2006, 08:46 AM
Sorry for the "Kama-Kimmar" confusion [try saying THAT 3 times fast! :teeth: ] but I ain't changing mah name......:snooty:......[LOL :teeth: ]

Hmmmmm.....what about MrsHughJackman ;)

Morning....sorry you are still tired, Elaine.

Suzanne...glad that the work is going well so far and you are enjoying it.

Sherry, sorry you have a sickie home :( Hope he feels better soon.

I have lunch with my aunt today......I have something that is bothering me to bring up....not sure how to go about it :(
Anyone around for some input??

isyne4u
04-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I'm here. working on my next chapter but in between I can give input! I like giving my opinions!!

tara

Meriweather
04-20-2006, 09:24 AM
PM sent to you Tara :)

Can't wait to read the next chapter :)

helenabear
04-20-2006, 09:36 AM
Just back from going grocery shopping :)

So Nancy, if you need input, I'll be here for another hour or so!

Yuck, Sherry, I hope Jared feels better soon!

Lily, that's a good idea there! I think you ought to just skip out on work and come join me ;)

:wave2: Hi Alan, Kimmar & Tara!

Just not waking up today... though I better get awake soon before I have to go to the airport :rolleyes1

Meriweather
04-20-2006, 09:38 AM
PM coming, Elaine :)
Thanks.

isyne4u
04-20-2006, 09:57 AM
okay gang I need some of those good vibes today.

I guess you can add me to the list of those people having job woes.

As some of you may remember I had my job ripped out from under me last year and was given this reading class. The problem is I HATE this job. True it is very easy, it requires very little work on my part, and leaves me with plenty of free time. Lots of people I know would think it is a dream job. For me it is not.

While I enjoy having the time to post and read all the posts and surf the net, I'm really tired of not feeling like I'm doing anything. So last night I had a sit down with mom and begged her to talk me out of what I'm planning on doing! She failed!! hehe

So today, I'm going to talk to my AP and request a change to a self contained ED/LD classroom. This would be a huge change and would probably cut my posting down to nil during the day (but don't worry this won't be until sept.) but I could actually teach. I would be busy, I would be planning lessons, projects, I would be pulling my hair out because the kids are driving me nuts...but then again I might feel like what I'm doing is worth it again. I've been mulling this over since January and yesterday I finally admitted out loud that I've become a slug and I'm really not happy.

So please send me some of those wonderful YaYa vibes that they haven't already promised this job to someone else (the woman in it now wants out and has made it clear she doesn't want it!).

Okay, now I'm going to take my slacker butt and write the next part of this extended trip report! (actually I'm trying to catch up in post count with some of my sistahs!!)

tara

Meriweather
04-20-2006, 10:57 AM
yaya vibes headed your way, Tara.
I agree with you. I like to be busy at work.
Good luck. Hope it works our for you.

isyne4u
04-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Thanks Nancy! I talked to the AP today and she was very complimentary towards me. Now we wait and see. i should know by next week.

helenabear
04-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Busy afternoon here. I dropped my dad off at the airport to go to AZ, and then I washed my car. It was in the 80s here today so I took advantage of that :teeth:

Then I did a ton of house cleaning and decided I would make a shepherd's pie from scratch (mashed potatos too). So that's about ready to go into the oven.

Good luck to you Tara with the job!!!! I hope you get what you want! We would miss you though, if you couldn't post as much!!!!

Speaking of which, where's our next installment :p

Nancy, how was your lunch?

I am going to take it easy and then in a little while walk to my dad's to dump out some milk that he has. He offered it to us, but we don't drink 2% in this house.

Meriweather
04-20-2006, 04:59 PM
Hey...I washed my car too....of course living on a gravel drive, it will be dirty again tomorrow.

Lunch was good.

Now what to do the rest of the day???

helenabear
04-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Glad you had a good lunch, and woo hoo for car washings! I admit I could've done a great job of trying to make it sparkle, but I figure with all the rain coming up, it will look splotchy and yuck soon. But with the black exterior, this thing really needed it!

Enjoy your evening. We don't have choir practice tonight, so I think we will take advantage of that and watch a movie :)

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 06:30 PM
Hmmmmm.....what about MrsHughJackman ;) ...

....Ooooooooh, don't TEMPT me! :hyper:

thop529
04-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok, I'll be good this time :rolleyes1

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I think egging less on my part would probably be a good idea. ;)....LOL! Poor Kimmar! Are you getting blamed for my doings? :p Hey, this could be fun!! :teeth:

....Hrmph! :snooty: And to think, all those tasty Ohno pix I posted on the OTHER thread......tsk, tsk, tsk!

Tara !
I love those pix you took - what beautiful views! :thumbsup2

Poohnatic
04-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Hola,mi amigos. Como est a? Mucho bueno aqui! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Okay, so I can't write it worth a darn, but I'm picking it up pretty quickly. Found out one of the ladies who only speaks spanish has a wicked sense of humor. Once I learn more spanish, I'm sure I'm going to hear Tara type stories!

News flash! I've probably hired my first staffer for my store and it's my wonderful DH! He's fascinated by the idea and got first pick of the prep schedule. It'll eliminate daycare for us, woohoo!

Tara, we ADHD types don't do well with little to engage the brain, right? Crossing my fingers for you and thinking positive thoughts.

I'm going to put a post it note on the laptop to remember Kama and Kimmar! Haven't seen Mrs.HughJackman around in a long time-or pictures of him, either.

Nancy, hope the lunch went well. I'd have helped, but I'm purposely NOT getting on the DIS at work. I'll check my emails and see what's ahead when I'm home.

Tomorrow's day is really light, I get out at noon and meet an applicant at 1. Then a weekend off. Yay. I have a date with my pillow.

Suzanne

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 06:39 PM
Suzanne ~
Yo puedo hablar y leer espanol, tambien.....entonces, podemos escribir in espanol, y nadie pueden entenderlo...heh-heh-heh! :thumbsup2

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 06:55 PM
:scratchin Hmmm, I vaguely remember a certain someone diggin' this guy's TONGUE........

http://z.about.com/d/movies/1/0/w/5/8/fndk16.jpg

Meriweather
04-20-2006, 07:06 PM
Not a problem, Suzanne.
Elaine and Tara listened to me :)
Thanks for the help...all turned out well.

So DH is going to work for you, Suzanne :eek: That would scare me ;)

Hey, is that a certain someone "trying" to return again? :rotfl:

Watching one of my creepie-crawly movies :teeth:
Dave is due back late tonight.

thop529
04-20-2006, 07:17 PM
Hey, is that a certain someone "trying" to return again?

You say one itsy bitsy thing wrong....and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 07:20 PM
You say one itsy bitsy thing wrong....and WHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... :lmao:

Welcome to REALITY!!!

CrazyBoutDisney
04-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Hello, hello!! It's busy Beth, breezing through on her way to a night off!! Dave has a DVD ready to go and I need some veg time. My store manager is on vacation all this week, so I'm in charge. :rolleyes: Just reinforcing the fact that I do NOT want her job if she decides to leave. Spending any daytime hours off doing bookkeeping, so I haven't had much down time this week at all. Doin' a lot of sneezing and sniffling with all the tree pollen, too.

Glad to hear you are so happy with the new job, Suzanne! Good luck working with your DH--I've heard it can make or break a marriage.

YAY on getting the dishwasher working, Kimmie!! I'm still praying over our water heater, but Dave says it's good now. Hasn't blown in 2 weeks, altho' now that I've said that, I've probably jinxed it.

Tara, nice area for a vaca, Natural Bridge! Sorry the hotel over-glamorized the amenities. Keeping my fingers crossed and sending lots of prayers and PD about that teaching position. I know what you mean about feeling worthwhile. I don't do the warm body thing very well, either.

LOL!!! Nancy is alone and watching creepy-crawly movies?!! Good thing Dave is coming home tonight! Somebody's gotta be able to banish the monsters under the bed and in the closet!!

No choir tonight, Laine? Geez...we STILL got stuck with 2 whole hours' rehearsal last night and we didn't even have the cantata to practice. Just lots of new pieces to take us thru the rest of spring. Good news is, we're done June 18 till early August!!

That's about all I can manage tonight.......BIG :hug: to each and every one of you! Stay well, stay happy and keep DISsing!! Mad, mad love to one and all!

kimmar067
04-20-2006, 07:35 PM
....YAY on getting the dishwasher working, Kimmie!! I'm still praying over our water heater...

..... :worship: Oh God of Whirpool, I humbly plea with your everlasting mercy upon me and my mechanical warmth-giver of the clear liquid.....

Poohnatic
04-20-2006, 08:16 PM
Nancy, Ed and I worked together at two different jobs for two years, so I know we can work okay. Something about being friends for eight years before dating, lol! Glad you got some listeners.

I get to sleep in today, now wake up is 5:30! We did so much this week that I was told I could have the day off, but there's way too much that I have to do. Like break our new website, lol. :rotfl2: We're rolling out all new stuff on the business end next week, and there are a lot of bugs.

Anyone want anything from Krispy Krack? I'm meeting the lady there.

Okay, gonna soak these sore bones in the tub for a little bit.

Suzanne

helenabear
04-20-2006, 08:21 PM
Hi y'all! We watched Kingdom of Heaven tonight. My idea ;)

Nope Bethie, no choir practice. After spending about 10 hours at church in less than 4 days, we figured we deserved a week off. Though I think I'll be at church about 7 hours on Sunday. We have the Bishop coming to an evening mass so we're signed up to sing at that one... in addition to the other two we normally do ;) Our practices will be off and on until June and then we are free until Sept and we'll have no more evening masses on Sundays from mid June through mid Sept :)

Is it possible for you to be good? ;) :p :wave2:

Nancy, I hope you enjoyed your movie and that Dave has a safe trip home! My dad just called me and he is safely in AZ. I admit I'll miss him while he is gone!

Kimmar behave... that guy does have a freaky tongue!

I'm off to bed to relax before falling asleep! See y'all in the morning!

Meriweather
04-20-2006, 08:25 PM
Hope things slow down for you soon Beth.
I LOVE creepy crawly movies ::yes:: This one is snakes :)

Glad Dad made it to AZ alright.
Dave is delayed. Flight canceled. Trying to get in through another city. Says he may drive home....I sure hope not. He should just have them put him up in a hotel like they offered and take tomorrow off work.
Now I will be stressing about his decision :rolleyes: Stupid little airports.

Getting ready to head down and get ready for my favorite night of TV :teeth:

helenabear
04-21-2006, 06:56 AM
Good morning everyone! Is it just me or is the DIS actually moving at a reasonable pace today? :faint:

Nancy, how did things turn out for Dave yesterday? I do hope he just decided to stay and enjoy the day off today!

No clue what I am up to today... haven't decided yet :p

helenabear
04-21-2006, 07:14 AM
yeah, I jinxed it... moving slow again :rolleyes:

dizneenut
04-21-2006, 07:20 AM

My foot (heel) has been killing me all week and today feels worse. :( I might have to break down and go to the ER or doc if it keeps up. :rolleyes1

Nancy, did Dave make it home or did he stay over? You are a brave gal to watch creepy movies alone. :scared: And snakes? :faint:

Elaine, glad your dad got to the airport OK. Wasn't it beautiful yesterday? Its warm here today, but cloudy and rain is predicted.

Beth, you've been a busy gal. Hope things slow down for you.

Suzanne, I'll take a glazed chocolate cake donut. :teeth:

Gotta head to the grocery store!!

kimmar067
04-21-2006, 07:43 AM

My foot (heel) has been killing me all week and today feels worse. :( I might have to break down and go to the ER or doc if it keeps up. :rolleyes1

...mebbe you have a bone spur??!?!?

....Suzanne, I'll take a glazed chocolate cake donut. :teeth:...

http://us.inmagine.com/img/pixtal/pt101/CD101012.jpg

Meriweather
04-21-2006, 08:06 AM
Good morning.

Our beautiful weather of the last few days has turned to rain :(
I was going to finally do yard work today....and tomorrow is tulip day, which is much better when it is NOT raining.

Dave got home about 2 am.
He took a plane to Spokane and then into Seattle....and of course, he luggage didn't make it :( :mad: He expected that.

Not sure what I am going to do today now.

Sherry hope your foot feels better. Ouch.

alabamaalan
04-21-2006, 09:18 AM
How did a $5 gift card wind up costing me so much? :confused3

We pre-ordered Narnia from Lifeway Christian stores and I recieved a $5 gift card for doing so, but it expires at the end of the month.

So I went in earlier this week to get Mrs. AA the latest Randy Travis CD (she had asked for it, believe it or not) I saw that it cost $18.98 but recalled that I had just seen a Family Christian Stores sales circular advertising it for $9.97 on sale.

I didn't know if they would, but I took a chance and asked if they would price match. No problem..they just called the other store to confirm and knocked it down to $9.97.

I decided after that, not to use the $5 off card ;) so I took it and left.

I took off yesterday afternoon and Rebecca and I did some shopping and decided to go there again - presumably to use the card.

Rebecca found two new accompaniment CDs and I found some more music I wanted and then I remembered the 2 unused "punch cards" that were fully completed in my wallet.

Discounts are good for 20% to 30% off your entire purchased depending on how much you buy and we decided to finally purchase that Guardian TV language filter we have been wanting for a long time.

So I used the discount card instead, and have now made 2 shopping trips there and still not used the $5 gift card!

Boy, are they smart or what? ;)

alabamaalan
04-21-2006, 09:27 AM
We did make another shopping trip to Wal mart to purchase some applicances we have talked about but never gotten.

We now have a bread maker, a new mixer, and a blender. :)

Abigail (my youngest) has been diagnosed with Autism or at least Pervasive Developmental Disorders.

We are still waiting on some results for blood work, but the doctor we are seeing tries to work with diet as much as possible.

We chose him because we have seen great results with some of his other patients that we know personally.

So for the time being, Abigail is not to have any red coloring, red meat or dairy products.

I did not realize how much milk is used as an ingredient in so many foods. Rebecca has been shopping with other friends and is learning her way around some of our local health food stores.

I can tell you that Abigail did not care for the organic chicken nuggets (milk free breading) so we will just fry up chicken at home to give to her during the week. It's just as well, since the other was over $5 for 8 oz. :eek:

She didn't care for the cheese substitute mac and cheese either and that is one of her main food staples.

Fortunately, Abigail is not fighting us on it and she is willing to try new things.

A diet change like that would kill me or my oldest daughter who is as picky as her old man. ;)

BTW, did I mention we are looking at finally buying a freezer now as well? (For specials on chicken, to hold venison, etc.) She is forcing my hand on all those things I have put off buying for so many years. :)

helenabear
04-21-2006, 09:49 AM
Sherry, I thought it was absolutely gorgeous yesterday! It really had me wanting summer to stay! I hope your foot is feeling better soon though!

Yummm... donuts!!! I really could use on of those now!

Nancy, sorry that Dave's luggage was lost. I hope it shows soon! And hope the rain doesn't get in your way for tomorrow!

Alan, good luck with Abigail. I know diets can work well for a lot of issues. Only bad when you have more than one and the diets conflict with each other :rolleyes:

Took a benadryl... wow, it's knocking me out at the moment :blush:

Kama89
04-21-2006, 09:57 AM
Awww... Alan, I'm sorry to hear about Abigail. I suppose though, arriving at a few answers is a bit of a relief in one respect. At least it gives some direction toward possible solutions. My thoughts and my prayers will be with ya'll.

Your trip to the Christian store sounds like my trip to Penneys yesterday. Went in to check out their "buy one get one for a 1.00" sale. My destination was the curtain/drapery department but I only got as far as clothing. :blush: But I needed summer tops!! Okay, so 100.00 later I leave with no curtains. Today... I go back for curtains. :rolleyes1

Sherry, take that heel to the dr. if it doesn't shape up. Hmmm.... bone spur. Good thought there Kimmar/Kama/Kimmy/Kimmie/Mrs. Jackman.... :p

You posted pictures?!? Ack! I'll do a search. I don't get any heads up on in my inbox on that thread.

Busy Bethy! :wave: How are ya?! Keeping my fingers crossed for you and your water heater! Say hey to that DH of yours for me and have to say I don't blame you for not wanting to take over the manager position!

Is it tulip day today?! Nancy watches creepy crawlies? ACK!! You are a brave woman! Has Dave's luggage arrived yet? Sigh. :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll be good this time
Snork!! :rotfl: Snerk! :wave:

Ah the tongue dude! Was that Von's guy? Who was he? Can't remember his name.

Post its.... :teeth: Sorry for the confusion Suzanne. :p I've been trying to think of a way to help make it easier, but I'm not coming up with anything. :blush:

Tara, your job decision sounds perfect. Our world needs more people like you. Go for it!

How's work today Lily? Sorry to hear it's not going well. :hug:

How was the Shepherd's Pie Elaine? Never made it myself but I do love the little I've had.

Off to the shower and then to Penney's. Need new living room curtains. My entire living room is screaming: "I was decorated in the 80s" and I can't take it anymore!

Meriweather
04-21-2006, 10:20 AM
Good luck with Abigail, Alan. I'm sure you find things that she does like. It is hard to change diets.....but worth the try.
I'm with you, too old to change ;) If someone tried to take my chocolate away, they would pull back a stump :rotfl:
Wow....lots of new goodies. Have fun with those. Love a freezer....and bread maker too.

Tulips tomorrow, Kimmie. Good luck with the drapes today....don't stop in the clothing section.
Sounds like my trip to BaB :rolleyes:

Hope the meds help, Elaine.

I need to make phone calls and spend more $$. Gotta get the new windows ordered....not my idea of a fun way to spend money :(

alabamaalan
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Your trip to the Christian store sounds like my trip to Penneys yesterday. Went in to check out their "buy one get one for a 1.00" sale. My destination was the curtain/drapery department but I only got as far as clothing. :blush: But I needed summer tops!! Okay, so 100.00 later I leave with no curtains. Today... I go back for curtains. :rolleyes1

Or just wear the curtains

http://www.carolburnettfan.com/screengrabs/went_with_the_wind/pdvd_068.jpg

(that one was a classic)

Pam
04-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Or just wear the curtains

(that one was a classic)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
That is my all-time favorite Carol Burnett skit! :thumbsup2

isyne4u
04-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Hey gang,

Sorry I was mia last night. I had planned to post last night but after cutting the grass I was tired!!

Alan...sorry to hear that Abagail has been diagnosed with Autism spectrum. That's what we thought it was with Jarrod but now we think he is just crazy!! Good luck with the diet. She's a good girl if she can switch her diet. I have some books on Austism spectrum if you would like them. I bought them for work with jarrod and now I have no use for them. So let me know if would like them.

Here's my bad mommy story for today.

First, Ethan woke me up at 2:40 this morning. I bounded out of bed and made like lightning to his room. Okay so it was more like I crawled out of bed and stumbled down the hall with all my joints snapping, cracking, and popping..but hey it felt fast to me :teeth: Once in his room I picked him up, snuggled for a minute and then asked him if he was ready for bed. He showed his affirmation by doing a header back into his bed! :rofl: So back to bed I trudged. I then lay away for the next hour with my mind racing (one of the things reminding me to do my next chapter in the trip novella). Sometime after 4 I went back to sleep.

Then at 5:55 am, Jarrod came in my room and woke me up by saying, "mom I fink I frew up two times". huh? did I hear "throw up"? Yes he "finks he frew up". So I trudge to his room expecting the usual notices of a child whose cookies made a return trip to the surface. I get some cloths and start to clean it up and it looked like he had poured water all over the floor and his bed. I cleaned up the floor and noticed his bed was soaking wet. I asked him if he poured water on his bed. He told me he had spilled " a little" water. So since we are having some truth issues with him I asked him to tell me the truth. Again he said he thought he threw up. Now having gotten very little sleep I was not in a good mood and I said, "How can you say you "think" you threw up? Did you open your mouth and did stuff roll out of your mouth?" :lmao: Bad mommy moment! He finally said, well I guess it was just water. I told him I didn't want him to tell me that if it wasn't true. He said he was pretty sure he threw up. So I changed his sheets and told him to get in bed and to drink nothing until I let him get up. I then went back to bed.

An hour later when I got up he was down stairs watching tv. I asked him why he was watching tv when I told him to stay in bed. He turned, looked up at me, and promptly barfed in the floor! :rotfl2: Okay, so he was telling the truth!!! boy did I fell stoooopid!!!! He appears to have the virus we had last week before vacation. Man do I feel bad. He was drinking water and it was making him sick.

so now he is home sick and i'm at work. My mom is with him today.

Thanks for the good thoughts on the job. I'm now trying to convince the lady whose job I want to take my job. I'm trying to tell her it would be good for her!!

Okay, off to type the trip report before there is a public lynching :teeth:

tara

kimmar067
04-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Sherry, take that heel to the dr. if it doesn't shape up. Hmmm.... bone spur. Good thought there Kimmar/Kama/Kimmy/Kimmie/Mrs. Jackman.... :p

..... :lmao:

...Ah the tongue dude! Was that Von's guy? Who was he? Can't remember his name...

...that'd be Hal Sparks!

Elaine ~
Don't those donuts look like a 'hidden Mickey'?? [Or is it just ME????!!]

kimmar067
04-21-2006, 11:23 AM

(that one was a classic)

...I LOVED this episode!! :teeth:

helenabear
04-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Kimmie, I think it is about time you subscribed to that thread! Since the boards have been painfully slow, I haven't been to that thread in a couple of days.
Good luck shopping though! I need a couple new pairs of flip flops myself and was considering going to JC Penneys for those. Two pairs from last year broke :(

Oh supper was good enough. I just threw it together and didn't even bother to follow a recipe. Luis said it tasted good so that is good enough for me!

I think the benadryl finally wore off on me. It hardly ever does this to me. I had to lay down for a while and just keep my eyes closed until the feelings wore off. Really did help me to do that!

Alan :rotfl:
I loved that show!

Oh wow, Tara! What a story!!!! That had to be rough though, because I am sure it wasn't anything like "normal" I hope the boy feels better soon!

Kimmar, sorry, I didn't see that one today in the donuts... but they still look yummy to me :teeth:

No rain yet, so I may walk and do errands. I need vinegar to soak a shirt of Luis' that nearly destroyed some laundry of ours. However I am not sure I can walk to the store and back in time in case it rains... hmmm... I'll have to get dressed and think on that one more.

dizneenut
04-21-2006, 12:02 PM

Back from grocery shopping. Whew! I picked up one of those Ace bandage thingies for my foot. It isn't helping much. :rolleyes1

Alan, sorry to hear about Abigail. I hope the diet will help. Yay for all the goodies. Definitely get a freezer. We have one and it is always stocked full of stuff. :teeth: And I LOVE that Carol Burnett skit........classic! :rotfl:

Kimmie, good luck looking for curtains. Stay away from the clothes section, though. :teeth:

Tara, good luck with the job situation. And poor Jar. Hope he feels better soon.

Elaine, did you end up walking to do your errands? Its gorgeous out, but you can tell its going to rain sometime today.

Nancy, boo on lost luggage. Hope the rain stays away for Tulip Day.

Poohnatic
04-21-2006, 02:03 PM

Sherry -Before you go to the ER, check this site out!!!!
http://heelspurs.com/_intro.html This was a great help in diagnosing and treating my plantar faciitis. I had been pain free until this week. I haven't even picked up my orthotics, so it'll get better. The crocs deserve all the hype they get, I'd be complaining about the feet if it wasn't for them. They look like boats on my feet, tho! Forgot your donut, but it appears that Kimmar had my back, lol.

Alan, :grouphug: I've walked in your shoes, so feel free to PM any questions. We have dye allergies in my family, and it's exacerbated by Neil's ADD. You'll notice a huge difference when you eliminate ALL dyes and I can be your reference tool. BTW, Kool Aid invisible is the best thing! I'm making popsicles out of it right now. We did a 10 day dairy challenge with Neil and I noticed a difference, but never had the discipline to follow a dairy free diet for him. With my work situation now, it's going to be a lot easier. He's meh on soy milk (but loves soy cheese) and LOVES rice milk.

I don't even want to go into the kitchen appliances we have-and use regularly. :teeth: Good choices, all of them!

Tiara, Poor Jar. Hey, you wouldn't wanna be a perfect mommy-that would be very boring. Job swap sounds like a great idea!

Nancy, yuck on Dave making it home at 2am! And did the airline comp him a ticket for cancelling? (I got one from USAir for that once). Happy Tulip Day, heehee! Sir, you're scheduled for a non stop to Seattle, but your luggage has a 2 stop trip to Detroit!

Lainey, so did you have nap duty today?

It looks like it is unanimous-that is THE ABSOLUTE FUNNIEST Carol Burnett sketch!

Von and the Hal Sparks tongue pictures. Wow, she and Bethie are responsible for me being here!

I hired my first session specialist today :woohoo: And I went to recruit a manager for us by visiting my old mall. Saw one of my old bosses and she wants my business card. After not feeling appreciated by my DM, it sure is nice to have satisfaction in what I do.

Plan to watch High School Musical tonight. You can take the girl out of Disney, but you can't take the Disney outta the girl :rotfl:

Debating whether I should just get the Sea World fun card (pay for a day, get in for all of '06) or get the multipark AP(Busch Gardens/Sea World) on the monthly payment schedule. I want to get their top one that covers every Busch property, but we won't get to williamsburg until next year. Have to decide by Saturday night.

I'll be back later. Playing with the work website.

Suzanne

Poohnatic
04-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Sherry,

take a bottle of some sort (20 oz water bottle works perfect, but you can use a can of soup) and freeze it. Roll it with your foot, 10 minutes at a time, five times a day. Doing mine as I Dis.

Suzanne

helenabear
04-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Sherry, I did get out and unfortunately it did start to rain. So I got about half done of what i hoped to. The other was walking to my dad's so I could go later on if it clears some or even wait until tomorrow to go.

Suzanne, you are just a fountain of information when it comes to medical things!!! I think it's great that you are around ;) Seriously, woo hoo for hiring today! I bet that was a great feeling. As well as your former boss asking for your card! I think we all need to go down there and visit Suzanne so she can show off her new job duties and the food as well to us ;)

Okay the benadryl has mostly worn off with teh woozy effects, however, if I sound rediculous or my spelling is terrible, blame it on that :p

Just finished up with the house stuff today, so I might go off and knit for a while.

isyne4u
04-21-2006, 02:24 PM
Chapter 4

We woke up our first morning to over cast skies and a cool outside temp. Jarrod woke me up around 815. He pounced on top of me like Tigger does to Pooh! I didn’t want him to wake Ethan or grandma, so I rushed him to get dressed and get his teeth brushed so we could go outside and take pictures. (the pictures of the hotel were from the first day). It really was neat to walk outside and see the mountains in front of us.

We returned to the room, got the rest of the gang up, and got showered and dressed. We ate some of the doughnuts we had brought, gulped some milk, and watched the rain come in across the mountains :(. Once we got out of the room we went down to the visitors center to buy our tickets for the attractions we wanted to see. We got tickets for the Natural Bridge (with Monacan Indian villiage and the Story of Creation), the Wax Museum and factory tour, and the Natural Bridge Caverns. Our tickets were good for two visits to each place within 48 hours, so we decided to have lunch in the visitor’s center and then head to the wax museum. Yes we were eating lunch so soon after eating breakfast…did I mention how long it takes for us to get out of the room when we are on vacation?? We cannot get out of a hotel room before 10am. I don’t care how hard I try I can’t get these folks up and moving any earlier.

Lunch there was less than perfect. The lunch counter was open for lunch from 11:30 to 2 so you had to make sure you were there in time to get your food…one minute late you were out of food! Did I mention that any other choices were 15 miles up the road? So I ordered a roast beef sandwich on white bread with extra mayo. Now I know it was mayo because the woman behind the counter told me it was mayo :rolleyes: . Mom got a sandwich with meat, sprouts, avocado, and some funky bread that was something like cibata. She said it was very good. Mine on the other hand was blech! Apparently it was not mayo but miracle whip…ugh! I can’t stand the taste of miracle whip!! Blech! So I wound up eating the meat where the miracle crap had missed. The chips were goodthough! The kids chose to split a hot dog and the both agreed that it was in fact a hot dog! :teeth:

By the time we finished eating the rain had stopped (of course because we had wasted an entire week!! :teeth: ) so we decided to hop on the bus that takes you down to the Natural Bridge. We had the option of walking 137 steps to the bottom but decided that Ethan wouldn’t appreciate the stroller bouncing down that many steps! :teeth:

The bridge was gorgeous even in the overcast shadows. We walked the path and enjoyed the rocks, the trees and the wild flowers. The trip was pretty normal until Jarrod, while looking over the side of one of the paths, hollers, “Mom snake”. Of course knowing my child, I knew that he did not really see a snake; he must have seen a stick that looked like a snake! So I moved over to the side of the path, knowingly looked over the side of the path, and then promptly screamed like a little girl, grabbed Jar by the coat and walked on air to the other side of the path! :lmao: :lmao: Once I could breath I looked over the side again (now you have to understand this is maybe 24 inches from our noses! Its not a long drop) and realized there wasn’t A snake…there was a pile of snakes! :eek: One was large and the rest were smaller. We then looked to the left and saw another snake moving in the direction of the pile o’snakes. I pulled out the camera and got some good pics of the snakes. As we watched the snakes other people started coming over and the snakes got spooked and took off.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p6723e1311a4c5cbbe6381a022638ceb9/ef6385d0.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pbee76e431b6c20b6d5a8ddce21abd5b9/ef6371d4.jpg
The rest of the walk Jarrod was our snake spotter. He could spot a snake 50 yards out in the water. The old folks would look and strain our eyes until we finally could see it. The snakes turned out to be Brown Banded Water Snakes and are non poisonous.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p0d8aa5631888b5462d2952f44c0ed342/ef6360a4.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p26e6d38765c03f9ccbca661666cb6431/ef636028.jpg http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pbaf83361f99ea91d1fcd8c6ab9903283/ef635bb6.jpg
At the end of the trail was a beautiful waterfall called the Lace Falls. There is a nice bench to sit and take in the view. We sat for a few minutes and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p0c89e6ba428b2aa466a1bdf05b73340f/ef635001.jpg
We then walked the trail back to the bridge and had a snack at the Summer’s house café there. Just hot dogs but they were good. We then deicded we didn’t really have enough time to go the wax museum or the caverns since there was only about 3 hours until dinner time. So we went back to the room and rested.

Part of the clothing story…after walking the trail, complete with mud puddles and dirt, we returned to the room with two kids whose clothes were a mess. Jarrod was fine. Ethan on the other hand wore his only shirt that would match the pants he had. I realized that the red pants and the two red shirts I brought were horribly ugly together!! It was then I realized that he wouldn’t have any thing to wear on Saturday or Sunday at this rate. I was fine because while my pants were dirty I stilled had another pair that would, I was sure, survive the next day and be wearable for the trip home! Hahahaha :lmao: boy was I wrong!!

We ate dinner in the dinning room that night and then retired to the room for the evening. I realized why I don’t hang out in the room at Disney. There is absolutely nothing to do when you are sitting in a hotel room. I become bored very easily.

Next up…Day Two…can we say mud??

isyne4u
04-21-2006, 02:32 PM
Debating whether I should just get the Sea World fun card (pay for a day, get in for all of '06) or get the multipark AP(Busch Gardens/Sea World) on the monthly payment schedule. I want to get their top one that covers every Busch property, but we won't get to williamsburg until next year. Have to decide by Saturday night.

I'll be back later. Playing with the work website.

Suzanne

Hey Suzanne, if you get the month by month the price doesn't change after the 2 years you have been on it. I'm paying the same for my next 2 years as I paid for the first two years! And I get into all the Sea World's and Busch Gardens parks, as well as Seasme Place. I actually like doing the month to month thing this way!!

Okay, gang, you've got chapter 4 up now with pictures. I'll share the whole album with all after the story! I hate for you to get too much of the story before I have a chance to bore you with it here :rotfl:

I'm going to dinner now with my gf from my old teaching job (my first teaching job). Jarrod is still sick but feeling a wee bit better. So i'm going to go enjoy some time. I'll check in later tonight!!

tara

Meriweather
04-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Love the story so far....always better when it happens to someone else :p
Hey all those snakes look like the movie I was watching yesterday :rotfl:

Suitcase is on the way to Dave at work...that's where he told them to deliver it.
Suzanne, no comp this time....he had the option from them of staying the night and he declined. Plane was down because of mechanical difficulties :eek: We're talking small airport and prop planes :eek:
He wanted to get home last night :rolleyes:

Sun is trying to come out....hopefully tomorrow will look better.

helenabear
04-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Finally found the time to sit down and read the report. And I think you just made me remember why I like my DVC room with the DVD and jacuzzi tub... so if we do go back to the room, we have something to do :laughing: And I am with Nancy, it's fun to read reports... when it doesn't happen to you! But it looks gorgeous there and how cool with all the snakes! I imagine that the rain didn't help much when it came to clothing options ;)

Hope you enjoyed your dinner out and that Jarrod is feeling better by now!

Nancy, glad that Dave's suitcase is on its way to him. I've been to airports like that. Teeny little things that are no fun to get out of if you get stuck there. My fingers are crossed for you with the sun tomorrow. I hope you can get some awesome pics.

I think we are just relaxing tonight. I sorta wanna go shopping though, but we'll see if Luis is willing to go and spend some money.

Meriweather
04-21-2006, 06:59 PM
So, is everybody busy on a Friday night?

Slow day today.

How is Jar feeling, Tara.

Dave has his suitcase now.....so I can do laundry and get him ready to leave again next Wed. :rolleyes:

isyne4u
04-21-2006, 07:06 PM
hi gang i'm home and have good updates. Jarrod is finally feeling better and was able to eat some oatmeal bar and drink gingerale.

We had a nice time. We caught up on kids, family and jobs. These are the first people I taught with when I got my first teaching job! This was 13 years ago! :eek:

I did have a small issue when I was leaving the parking deck. I thought it was $1 for VB residents and so i only a couple of dollars in change on me. When I got to the gate I came in before 5 so it was the usual rate...cost me $7 to get out of there! I had to scrounge around my car and purse to come up with $7 in change because I don't carry cash and they didn't take credit cards! Man was I embarassed :lmao: I felt bad for the woman who was waiting for me to get my act together!! At least there were two peploe to pay so no one was waiting for me!!

sorry i've been lousy on ketchup. i'll try and come back tonight after the goons go to bed!!!!

gotta go and love my boys!!

tara

Kama89
04-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Oye! Curtain shopping is exhausting! Trying to match up sizes, colors, valances, sheers, rods, etc... Made my wee brain go :eek: Think I came up with a nice combination though. Unfortunately though I didn't come up with any green velvet... wish I had... I'd love to duplicate Carol's Mackie number there! :rotfl: LOVED that episode! Truly a classic!

Actually I subscribed to the Apolo thread ages ago Elaine, but I rarely seem to get notifications on it. :confused3

Awww.... a bad mommy moment. :( I've had my share of those. Glad to hear Jarrod is feeling better this evening Tara. ...and yay for nice catch ups with old friends! I still need to go back and read Chapter four. I thought I better get my ketchup out before I completely collapsed for the night. Your pics are gorgeous! Well, 'cept for the snakes. Not sure they fall into the gorgeous category really, but the scenery is really very beautiful!

Neat foot advice from Suzanne for Sherry! You're a pretty smart YaYa! :)

Did you go shopping or do the relax and stay home thing Elaine? Either way, hope your evening was a nice one!

Hal Sparks. Gotcha.

Hope the weather cooperates tomorrow Nancy and hope you have a lovely day! :hug:

Ugh! I think I did myself in today. :faint: Think I'll go down and drag out my goodies... see how they look together. Going with ivory panels in front and sage green and ivory sheers in back.

G'night and sweet dreams to all the YaYas...

Kama89
04-21-2006, 07:59 PM
So I moved over to the side of the path, knowingly looked over the side of the path, and then promptly screamed like a little girl, grabbed Jar by the coat and walked on air to the other side of the path!
:rotfl: Snork! :rotfl:

helenabear
04-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Sorry Nancy, my evenings are mostly spent with Luis... so yep, busy but not really on a Friday night. I agree a bit slow here today, but at points the DIS wasn't loading much at all for me.
Glad his suitcase made it home though :)

LOL, Tara, I am not one who usually carries much cash either. When I go to WDW though, I do have to always put $4 in cash aside for the tolls on the way home. In fact I just found some of that cash hidden in my wallet from the last time I went to WDW. guess I found cash somewhere else before I had to go there :p
Glad to hear that Jarrod is feeling better!

Kimmie, I know what you mean about shopping for curtains. I was looking myself today and decided my brain couldn't handle it. I did go for a walk and I got half done of what I wanted to. I didn't go out again, but Luis and I might go tomorrow. I also need to find an anniversary gift for someone soon. So we might go out tomorrow for all that.
I might get another pair of Lucky jeans tomorrow too ;)

I'm about to go back to Luis... just stopped in quickly to say hi :wave2:

Pam
04-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I am back from a business excursion/media event (yes, on deadline weekend.... :rolleyes: ) It was the trip from you-know-where! :furious:

I will have to fill you all in later -- I am to whupped to type.

SNAKES!! ACK!! SNAKES!! :eek: :scared1:

Meriweather
04-21-2006, 09:55 PM
Ohhh...another adventuresome trip report coming our way :hyper:
Can't wait to hear about it Pam.

Rest and then write :)

isyne4u
04-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Okay, I lied. I was going to ketcup but i'm beat. So I'm going to bed and I will do a ketchup before midnight tomorrow!!

Oh and don't forget the skee ball tourny is on sunday! I have 200 tokens to play!!!

hugs,
tara

Tiger Lily 03
04-21-2006, 11:19 PM
G'nite Ya Yas!

Alan, glad you have direction with what you are trying to deal wity you lovely daughter. Prayers that you can figure out how to work all those new appliances so that those magic concoctions can be created.

Tara, enjoying your trip report. Glad you had a good night tonight.

Hmmm we have someone who says they are trying to be better...mysterious. Impossible!?

Sherry, hope your foot gets figured.

Suzanne, what a wealth of info you have to offer. I would never have thought of freezing water in something to roll. Glad your work adventure is progressing well.

Elaine, hope you enjoyed your walk today and that you get to go again tomorrow.

Bethie, take care of yourself. You sound so busy I'm overwhelmed!

Kimmie, I'm thinking of you today. Kitchen things... Our oven has crashed...needs work so I've got appliance dude coming, but not til Tuesday.

Nancy, can't wait to see the pics. Glad the luggage arrived and DH too!

I'm going out to walk with the group tomorrow. Our first gathering after winter rest. I so need to be out, I am glad to be committed to go.

Pam, look forward to your report. Always on deadlines things happen. I think it is in the rules somewhere.

I've got nothing much new to report. I have lots that I could do this weekend house work wise...not sure what will get done. Staying up late tonight I thnk b/c I don't want my weekend to go away. Watching what not to wear and thing I am a candidate for that show.

helenabear
04-22-2006, 07:14 AM
Hmmm... I could be mean and scream rise and shine, but given the hour of the day on a Saturday morning, I think I'll be nice and not do that ;)

Oh my Pam! I can't wait to hear about this trip!! I hope you are able to finish up with deadlines and then get to us on all that went on!

LOL, Tara... rest well, then I'm sure you will wow us with your ketchup :p

Prayers that you can figure out how to work all those new appliances so that those magic concoctions can be created.
:laughing: but sadly that is so true!
Enjoy your walk with your group, Lily! Must be nice to get back into the swing of things after winter off!

:wave2: Hi Nancy!

No clue on what we are going to do today. Luis is barely awake and playing on a computer game. We just watched a bunch of TV last night and took it easy so we're not totally motivated to do anything anyway today ;) looks like we are in for some lovely weather so I will have to take advantage of it somehow ::yes::

Poohnatic
04-22-2006, 08:00 AM
Morning all. Wow, I feel like I slept forever-and 8am felt like sleeping in.

Got the weekend off, sorta. I'm still breaking software for work! :) I realized that our email host would change, asked about that, and this morning, I'm forwarding all my work emails to another account for the weekend. Doing the happy dance that there's only three week's worth!

Slow DIS this morning!

Tiara, thanks for the info about the AP's. We've also got Adventure Island, but I'm not tacking that on until the kids swim. It's like Water Country. Great pictures, too!

Nancy, glad Dave got his luggage back!

Lainey, thanks to the laptop, I'll play on it while Ed's watching a race. Of course, then I end up doing a blog entry about all this kids who mangle the star spanged banner by trying to make it into an R&B/Gospel thing with the stupid vocal gymnastics! :rotfl: Please don't scream, you'll wake Kevin up!

Lily, hope that weekend is enjoyable. Unfortunately, some of that info is because of personal experience-but I'd rather share some things that work.

Alan, forgot to add a link for you. It's for Aspergers, but there's useful info for PDD, too. Awesome message boards-got me through the rough times when Neil was diagnosed. http://www.aspergersyndrome.org/

I'll probably be in and out throughout the day. I do need to get some cleaning done. Friend's mom is here and they may go house hunting-I might tag along.

Suzanne

Meriweather
04-22-2006, 08:41 AM
Good morning.
The sun is shining, but it is COLD!! :cold:

Hope everyone has a nice day no matter what you decide to do.

We'll be gone most of the day. Tulip fields, street fair, lunch. movie.

dizneenut
04-22-2006, 09:24 AM
Morning!

Been cleaning all morning and decided to take a break. :teeth:

Took the boys to Skate World last night. We had some free admission coupons from Julian's party there to use. One of the boys friend's came along, too.

Tara, OMG, those snakes would've freaked me out. :faint: I had to rush past those pics. :eek: Glad Jar is feeling better and yay for the night out!

Nancy, enjoy your day. :)

Suzanne, thanks for that site and for the tip on the water bottle. I'll have to try the water bottle trick. My foot was feeling a bit better this morning, but after cleaning it hurts again. :rolleyes1 My ankle is also hurting pretty bad. I have a constant pain, and when you touch my heel it hurts SO BAD!!

Kimmie, yay for new curtains!

Elaine, enjoy your day, whatever you decide to do. :)

Junior is working right now. He'll be home around 3. BIL, SIL & nephew are coming over to watch the Cavs playoff game and for dinner, then we might watch King Kong. :)

Kama89
04-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Good morning YaYas! :wave:

Sheesh. I can't count. :rolleyes: Have to go back today to get one more valance for each window. Still haven't figured out what hardware I need. My brain can't cope with that right now. I'd rather go Lucky shopping with Elaine.

Oh no! Lily, sorry about the oven! I hope your appliance dude has better success than mine did. Poor guy. I felt so sorry for him. Apparently he had to "eat" the cost of parts that were ordered, installed and didn't work. Somehow that doesn't seem quite right. :guilty:

Enjoy your walk today Lily! I am so ready for the sunshine to return!!

Sherry, be good to that foot. Good excuse to take the rest of the day off. :p

Have fun tuliping Nancy!!

:wave: Pam. What happened on the trip?

House hunting sounds like a good way to spend a Saturday. Have a good time Suzanne.

kimmar067
04-22-2006, 09:47 AM
:earseek:....sorry, Tara, ya 'had' me, until the SNA-A-A-A-A-AKES! :scared1:

Sherry ~
I had that SAME THING almost 3 years ago...so painful, I couldn't put ANY pressure on it! :sad2: . Luckily, I got 2 cortisone/steroid (?) shots within 4 weeks and [knock-on-wood] I haven't had a recurrance since....

isyne4u
04-22-2006, 10:24 AM
sorry about the snakes ya'll! I guess I should have posted a warning prior to the pictures! But I guess I got my punishment last night. I dreamed about spiders and I woke up tangled in the sheets from trying to get away from them. yuck!! I don't like dreaming about spiders!!

I'm about ready to send one kid away...dad's coming to pick him up and keep him until the party tomorrow afternoon. Dad said, before he knew how many people I had invited to the birthday party, that he would halve it with me. Now he knows there will be 7 kids so we'll see how much money he's willing to go in on. I did it without planning for him to actually put forth any money so if he does that will be a bonus!!

I'll be back later.

I need to ketchup on..
Nancy and tulips and dave's luggage. check
Kimmie is getting new window treatments but forgot to get some pieces. check
sherry's got a bum foot that several other people can relate to and she got to take her kids skating last night. check
suzanne is loving her new job, she appears to be a techno geek, and she gets to go house hunting today. check
kimmar has suffered from the foot ailment like sherry and she has been really good this week. check
elaine tried walking in the rain and then spent the night watching tv with hubby. check
beth is working too many hours and now know she really doens't want to be a boss lady. check
a certain someone has promised to be good now :rolleyes: we'll see about that. check
pam has a trip report to write and had to go hound the insurance company for her money. check
lily is contemplating cleaning house as well as having problems with her job and is going to end up having to do all the work until retirement. check
alan apparently likes to dress up in woman's curtains. check
Paula, Rosemary, Kristy, Jellybean, Amanda, Todd, John, Caroline, Nutsy, Liz, Deena, and Tina all apper to have lives...unlike the rest of us. check!

Okay, i'll be back later to do a proper ketchup!! :teeth:

tara

kimmar067
04-22-2006, 10:39 AM
sorry about the snakes ya'll! I guess I should have posted a warning prior to the pictures! But I guess I got my punishment last night. I dreamed about spiders and I woke up tangled in the sheets from trying to get away from them. yuck!! I don't like dreaming about spiders!!
....... :rotfl2: :lmao:

...kimmar has suffered from the foot ailment like sherry and she has been really good this week. check...

.... :angel:

Tara ~
GREAT ketchup! :thumbsup2 [I'm exhausted.... :crazy: ]

.... :woohoo: Woohoo! I'm at 9,900 posts with only 100 more to go till the "BIG 10K"..... :cool1:

Tiger Lily 03
04-22-2006, 03:40 PM
...I need to ketchup on..
Nancy and tulips and dave's luggage. check
Kimmie is getting new window treatments but forgot to get some pieces. check
sherry's got a bum foot that several other people can relate to and she got to take her kids skating last night. check
suzanne is loving her new job, she appears to be a techno geek, and she gets to go house hunting today. check
kimmar has suffered from the foot ailment like sherry and she has been really good this week. check
elaine tried walking in the rain and then spent the night watching tv with hubby. check
beth is working too many hours and now know she really doens't want to be a boss lady. check
a certain someone has promised to be good now :rolleyes: we'll see about that. check
pam has a trip report to write and had to go hound the insurance company for her money. check
lily is contemplating cleaning house as well as having problems with her job and is going to end up having to do all the work until retirement. check
alan apparently likes to dress up in woman's curtains. check
Paula, Rosemary, Kristy, Jellybean, Amanda, Todd, John, Caroline, Nutsy, Liz, Deena, and Tina all apper to have lives...unlike the rest of us. check!
tara
:worship: :worship: :worship: Wow!
What she said.
Did my walking thing, came home and since it is so nice hooked DS#2 to help with screens. He washed 28 screens, I did windows, oh and two screen doors too. The spots I couldn't reach DS did. I'm tired. Now he asked for pizza and he's going to get it. DH did the outdoor edging for part of the yard and DS#1 is sick. Allergies and misery, he left to go lay about watching Cavs game. I'm watching Cavs now. Go Cavs!

helenabear
04-22-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi y'all! It was a gorgeous day here so we took advantage of it. We wound up going shopping at Easton with is mostly an all outdoor mall. Had lunch at CF and went to two of my favorite stores (White House/Black Market & Lucky). Came home and decided we wanted to watch an Antonio Banderas movie, so we got Legend of Zorro :teeth:

Suzanne, that would be a song that I would love to hear... the kids butching the Star Spangled Banner. Okay I admit, I can't stand that song when it comes down to it. Musically it's not at all my favorite. Of course that's not something I usually say since people have said I am unpatriotic... I just wish they had picked a prettier song for our anthem ;) But I would prbably be amused by that style of the anthem... I'm sure it was awful!

Nancy, I hope you had a great day out with the tulips and the movie!!!! Oh we were going to see another Antonio movie today, but all the shows were sold out for the day by 4PM :confused:

Sherry, I hope y'all had a good evening once Junior got home. Sounds like you had a good night last night too!

LOL, Kimmie, that's probably why I don't both doing windows. Requires too much brain power :p
Oh and you should've come shopping with me! I did go to our Lucky store. I wound up with a new jean this time... just the Dream jean. They're a bit lower than my other pairs I have and a lighter wash (like my embroidered ones). Love 'em!!! And I would've taken you to my favorite store :teeth:

Tara :rotfl: Wonderful ketchup there!!!! Of course you had me rolling with the rest of them who have lives unlike us :rolleyes1

Kimmar, whatcha been up to this weekend?

Wow, Lily, sounds like you have been a busy busy lady!!! You made me tired just listening to all you did!

Hungry now, haven't eaten since lunch so I need to scrounge up something for tonight. I'll catch y'all later :wave2:

Meriweather
04-22-2006, 07:32 PM
Come clean my windows, Lily.
The sun shining through them makes them look nasty :( More for the to-do list :eek:

Gorgeous day for tulip gazing.....but about 1,000,000 other people thought so too....too crowded. We should have gone last weekend in the rain and cold. Most of the tulips were already dying. Next year we will not wait until the last weekend for them
I did get some pictures...not as good as last year. It was field rotation year so the big fields were in purples and pinks, and while I like those colors, they just don't stand out as much in fields as the red and yellow.
Hmmm...I could have posted last years pictures and no on would have known :teeth:

Movie was good. Action packed. We saw the Sentinel.
Lunch at Red Robin. Yummy.

Tomorrow is shopping at the outlet mall all day with Christin...fun, fun.

I think we are watching Fever Pitch tonight.

Tiger Lily 03
04-22-2006, 07:56 PM
Nancy, yup if you posted last year's pics I would not have known. Sorry it was so crowded. Sorry, I don't plan on any more windows for a lonnngggg time now.

Elaine, glad you got to make good use of the nice day and came out with trinkets too! Mmmm CF.

Ted took the top off the bird and we went topless with tunes from the 60's just loving it like a couple old ones we were! Was some fun. Came back with HF sundaes for Mom and Ted, I got scoops.

NASCAR time now. I'll probably go read or something.

helenabear
04-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Nancy, sorry the tulips weren't quite as pretty for you there. I know ours just came out and are starting to look beautiful! I don't see many purple ones so that sounds amazign to me :)

Yum... sounds like you had a good evening there Lily! Riding around topless is awesome!
I hadn't had CF in a long time, so I was thrilled to go today. Just a little bonus. Though we didn't get any cheesecake at all!

I'm off to bed... see y'all tomorrow!

kimmar067
04-22-2006, 09:04 PM
....Kimmar, whatcha been up to this weekend?....

....being GOOD :angel: .... :teeth: ! Actually, I went scrapbooking at my girlfriend's sister's house last night; got 2 more pages done in my WDW book.... :rolleyes: cleaning the house, doing the laundry, yada, yada, yada, AND I get to start on my Collaborative Action Research paper....blechhhh!

isyne4u
04-22-2006, 09:59 PM
hi gang,

I wanted to come back earlier and post but i took a claritin on an empty stomache and I began to think I was getting the stomache virus again. It seems to have passed and I feel human again!

Getting ready to go to bed now. Have to wrap Jar's presents to take to CEC for tomorrow. Wow! Its hard to believe how another year has come and gone. It just doesn't seem possible!

Have a good evening all!!
tara

kimmar067
04-22-2006, 10:06 PM
hi gang,

I wanted to come back earlier and post but i took a claritin on an empty stomache and I began to think I was getting the stomache virus again. It seems to have passed and I feel human again!

Getting ready to go to bed now. Have to wrap Jar's presents to take to CEC for tomorrow. Wow! Its hard to believe how another year has come and gone. It just doesn't seem possible!

Have a good evening all!!
tara

....my DH and DS LIVE on Claritin during this time of year....they never take it on an empty stomach, though.... :sad2: ...glad you are feeling more 'human'!

Meriweather
04-22-2006, 11:29 PM
Okay...think spring :sunny:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pb07b8fda29468bafb2aec39413d05036/ef50d354.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p1036b69bf4d008aa68840bc66ea8d4b9/ef50d23d.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p99209b3a4146dfad7b782c27e76b2c94/ef50d13c.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pd353213c39afb246926e2c28bce01d0d/ef50d07a.jpg

not a tulip, but had to throw this in

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pec93a05a573b04f1f7c592cdb10cf8ad/ef50d0ce.jpg

Meriweather
04-22-2006, 11:31 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p524eef2242bd423a94324166f671b05b/ef50d1df.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p24d0180e91aedbe4a1d92cefd7989439/ef50d1a4.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p3b0602e57259ac2a8d7cd358813d5b7d/ef50d000.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/pe1d966121d7d4271ae68c22a9bdbc4f9/ef50cf92.jpg

helenabear
04-23-2006, 07:24 AM
I know it is early for some, so I will quietly come in here ;)

Kimmar, glad to know you are being good this weekend :p Woo hoo on getting so much done with your scrap book!

Tara, sorry you weren't feeling that well last night. Claritin is a friend of mine too and forutnately doesn't bug me when taken on an empty stomach. Though if I take benadryl with it (benadryl for the immediate results) then my stomach will hurt.

Nancy, those are beautiful to me!!!! The two tone ones are simply gorgeous!!! I can see in a few why it isn't as pretty as some times, but I still think that was awesome!

We have church stuff today, so I'll be back later :)

alabamaalan
04-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Okay, I just did a Friday evening - Sunday morning ketchup (Thanks for the trip report Tara, and for all YaYa pics posted - snakes and tulips)

I would comment on several things, but Tara did a great ketchup earlier, and I can't get past Lily being topless anyway......

Y'all have a great day! :sunny:

Meriweather
04-23-2006, 08:31 AM
Good morning.

Well, Elaine, I didn't take pictures of all the dead flowers :p And a lot of the fields and beds had already been cut.

Off shopping all day. Hope everyone has a good Sunday :sunny:

Kama89
04-23-2006, 09:45 AM
Flowers!! So pretty Nancy!! What a beautiful place!

Lily has clean screens!

Elaine got Lucky again! Uh oh... we're three for three. I better go buy another pair! :p

Lily rendered Alan speechless...

Tara's at Chuck E. Cheese today? Woooo! Skeeball!

Kimmar is being good. Yeah sure.

What'cha reading Lily?

Okay, so after spending one day in town dragging the entire family around to every store that might carry curtains, after spending 2 hours in Bed Bath and Beyond picking them out and after driving back to town to pick up forgotten pieces...I'm now going to take everything back. :blush: Well except for the 6 sheer panels that were to go behind the curtain panels. Going to go with the sheers only. I'm not telling the family members I dragged all over town for 400 hours on Friday. :rolleyes1

isyne4u
04-23-2006, 09:46 AM
:lmao: Alan finally gets one of us topless and runs to hide!! :lmao:

Pictures are gorgeous!!

6 years ago This is what I got for Easter: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p43a23dffcc9dd0742940c20f7aceb237/ef4f6f91.jpg and then my brother holding him: http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid204/p206015ef1bc6091adce4be91916dcc0a/ef4f6f75.jpg (the pics aren't great because I didn't have a digital camera. These are scanned into my computer and downloaded.)

and today he is the big man you see in the siggie!! I can't believe how time flies!! so :bday: to jarrod!!!

Off to get ready for the party!! See you at the skee ball lanes!!

tara

Kama89
04-23-2006, 09:54 AM
Awwww... those are precious pictures Tara!! HAPPY ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mr. Jarrod!

Kick butt in skeeball!! ...and run fast and furious if the rat gets too close! :eek:

Meriweather
04-23-2006, 10:39 AM
:bday: :cake: Jarrod!! :bday: :party:

Have fun at the party!! ::yes::

kimmar067
04-23-2006, 11:58 AM
....Kimmar is being good. Yeah sure....

.....THAT'S IT!! I'm cuttin' you off any fantastic, future HAM PIX! :snooty: ...AND Aragorn ones, too!

Nancy ~
Wow, what absolutely GORGEOUS pix of those flowers - I LOVE tulips....to me, they represent SPRING! :p

kimmar067
04-23-2006, 12:34 PM
BTW, Kimmie ~
You didn't :listen: it from ME, but kejoda was making fun o' Dorkboy again.... :confused3 ...... :rolleyes1

helenabear
04-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi y'all... enjoyed my afternoon in the sun while sitting in my chaise... I am about to get ready for church again. Probably won't be back until after 10 PM :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARROD!!!!!

Alan, so Lily being topless stuns you into silence, yet when I was topless in FL, you just had a blast with it. Some good supportive cabana boy you are :rolleyes:

Ah, well I did notice a couple slightly wilted flowers in one of the more upclose shots, Nancy, but the rest looked awesome to me! Sorry some of the fields were cut, but I loved what I saw!

Yep Kimmie, I got lucky again ;) I really do love that store there! The girl who has helped us before was there and noticed we both had our Lucky brands on. I really need to tell her that when I am out and about Lucky is all I wear now. I did keep some old junky Old Navy brand for yuck work, but now Lucky is it. I have three pairs and they take me pretty far! I swear we need to do a shopping trip together sometime and go to all my fun stores!

Tuh oh, Beccy is making fun of dork boy? Well okay I am glad someone is doing it while I am busy.

Speaking of which... I ought to go now... I'll check in later!

kimmar067
04-23-2006, 02:08 PM
...Alan, so Lily being topless stuns you into silence, yet when I was topless in FL, you just had a blast with it. Some good supportive cabana boy you are :rolleyes:

...... :lmao:
[font=Arial]....Tuh oh, Beccy is making fun of dork boy? Well okay I am glad someone is doing it while I am busy...

....he-e-e-e-e-y :furious: ....

Woohoo :woohoo: , only 6 more posts to go till 10K.... :banana: :cool1: !!

EDIT:

:woohoo: Ah DID it...it's ya birth-day.... :cheer2: .... kin ah git a "WOO WOO" in da house?..... :banana:

That's right:
10,000 POSTS!!

party: party: party: party:

Kama89
04-23-2006, 02:17 PM
THAT'S IT!! I'm cuttin' you off any fantastic, future HAM PIX! ...AND Aragorn ones, too! Well okay, just post Ed pics then. :p

Yep, Luckys pretty much rock don't they? So comfy and look great!! I most definitely feel they're worth the investment.

Meriweather
04-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Had a fun day with Christin that included a caramel, chocolate, toffee apple at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.

Gorgeous day here....bet it leaves when I have time to go do yard work.
Dave is doing the first mowing of the season....time for the allergy flares :rolleyes:
Now what for dinner??

Have a good evening everyone.

dizneenut
04-23-2006, 08:21 PM

No time to ketchup right now, I need to go to bed. Just wanted to let y'all know that I went to the ER today. My ankle was really swollen and the pain was getting worse. Turns out I have a sprained foot. Got a script for Motrin and am supposed to stay off my feet as much as possible. (Yeah, that's gonna happen! :rolleyes1 )

Mad love to all!!

helenabear
04-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm tired... really tired... so I'm just gonna wave and say more tomorrow :wave2:

isyne4u
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
Hi gang,

:cheer2: Yippee the party was a success!! Not only that, I got lots of tickets on skeeball!! I even hit the 100,000 point one once!! Between Jar, his daddy, my brother, and me Jarrod ended up with 470 tickets! Then he got 500 for being the birthday boy and his brothers 100 tickets for being at the party and he was able to get a tool kit, 5 bugs, and a pack of smarties!

Here (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1093772) is the link to my post. Nothing exciting at the party. Jarrod had a good time but he did get overwhelmed at one point but that was okay because we rounded up the kids and had were about to open presents when the pizza got there. The kids scarfed up the pizza and downed the soday like there was no tomorrow. We really did have a good time!!

Okay, i'm going to take drugs...my back hurts from bending over playing skeeball!! hehehe

hugs to all,
tara

Poohnatic
04-24-2006, 05:20 AM
Morning, all. About to head out to work, just figured I'd pop in and say Howdy before doing that.

Sea World was great. First time the kids and I had been, and it'd been 17 years since Ed had been (wasn't owned by Busch then). I've got some great pics from the rehearsals of the new Shamu show (Believe) and I'll upload them tonight. Can't find the card reader, and I know Ed had it. My laptop has readers for all but compact flash.

They were very wheelchair friendly in that park, and the hosts would notice the caravan and help out. However, quite a few rude people we encountered through the day. Having too much fun, so we just ignored it.

I got a sunburn on my chest. You can tell where my miraculous medal was, lol!

Tiara, glad the party went well. Skeeball, woohoo. We went with the Gold passes. At the rate we're going, the passes are going to pay for themselves in discounts. ;)

Nancy, that apple sounds yummy! Glad you had a good day with Christin.

Kimmar :cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: :cool1: :banana: :cheer2: :cheer2:
Congrats on 10000!

Lainey, glad you enjoyed those jeans. I haven't been in a Buckle yet. Rate I'm going, I'll fit into that stuff real soon though!

Gotta pack this thing up for work, so I'll catch you folks later.

Suzanne

dizneenut
04-24-2006, 07:51 AM
Good Morning and a bump back to page 1!

Tara, cute pics and Happy B-day to Jar. Glad the CEC party was a success. And yay on the skee ball!

Great tulip pics, Nancy! :)

Kimmar, yay on 10K! :jumping1:

helenabear
04-24-2006, 08:12 AM
Morning all! Last night at 2 am Luis turned the lights on... I asked him why, he said he had no idea :confused: Must have had a weird dream or something.

Kimmar, woo hoo on 10,000 posts!!!

Kimmie who is Ed? And yep, comfy and worth the money. I have a hard time spending so much on one thing, but definitely worth it! Got the fortune cookie this time too :teeth:

Nancy, glad you had such a good day there! Sounds like a perfect combination. good luck to Dave as he travels!!!

Sherry :hug: I hope your ankle is doing better soon! Take it easy when you can!

Tara, so glad that the party went off so well! I betcha everyone loved it. Take care of that sports injury though :p

Suzanne, I can't wait to see the pics! And I think it's been longer for me since I've been to the Sea World in FL! Some day I do have to go back there! Glad y'all had a good time though.
Oh and I have never been into Buckle myself. I admit I am lucky enough to have my own Lucky brand store at a mall. I think Kimmie gets hers there though (at Buckle that is). I think as soon as you get to those sizings, you need to check them out. They are awesome!

I have lots I want to try to do today. So I'll catch y'all later!

Meriweather
04-24-2006, 08:45 AM
Good morning.

Sherry, sorry about your foot. Do try to take it easy when you can. Sprains take a long time to get better if you don't take care.

Sounds like a good party, Tara.

Sounds like a good day, Suzanne. Last time at Sea World was 2000 for us. Christin is the only one that really likes it, so we don't go very often. I LOVE petting the rays!! Could spend the whole day doing that.

Christin is one person that doesn't like Lucky Brand....and I won't tell you why :rotfl:
We do have a store at the mall ...and a Buckle....and also one at the outlet mall.

I need to clean house and do laundry today....oh fun.

helenabear
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Nancy, you can't say a comment like that and just leave us hanging wondering why :laughing:

Taking a break from teh laundry before I do real work to catch up on PMs now :rolleyes1

Meriweather
04-24-2006, 09:10 AM
Nancy, you can't say a comment like that and just leave us hanging wondering why :laughing:

[/font]

Oh yes, I can :p
It isn't very nice ;)

I need to get moving....unlike the boards which are really slooooow for me, yet again (or is it still :mad: ) :snail:

Kama89
04-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Ed Harris. The tag fairy caught me yesterday. :rotfl:

:woohoo: for fun CEC birthday parties!

...and Sea World! Although the rude people should be lined up and cheetoed. Repeatedly. Rudeness... Ugh. I sometimes don't tolerate it well. :blush: Ignoring them is smart. You're better than me.

Ouch Sherry! Try to stay off it when you can. Any idea how you sprained it?

Wooo! Got the fortune this time! :teeth: Did it say, you will soon notice your wallet is 100.00 lighter?? Snork. :p

Kama89
04-24-2006, 09:22 AM
Nancy sneated. Have a great day Nancy!

helenabear
04-24-2006, 09:51 AM
Awww, Nancy, you have me far too curious. I don't care if it is nice or not ;) I admit I was beyond desperate with jeans at this point. Being curvy makes buying jeans super hard! I am about a size bigger in these than I hoped to be, but at least they fit! So any bad, I'm okay with... I just am glad I have three pairs that look good on me :p

LOL, Kimmie, I believe the fortune said "We love you!" And these jeans weren't $100... we had a coupon for $25 off and amazingly the jeans were under $100 to begin with :p

Ah Ed Harris! I remember seeing a thread about that this weekend but had no time to post or even read about it!

Speaking of which, I probably should get my clothes into the dryer, get dressed and go run some errands. I need to go to my dad's and then go to the bank. I think I am going to walk it all. Fortunately it is only about a 2 mile loop :p

Tiger Lily 03
04-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Monring Ya Yas!

I've had this post since b4 I started work.

Flower pics are lovely!

Claritin D is the one DS takes. I think he is trying Alavert? If that is what it is, I don’t think it is helping at all.

Kimmie, I’m reading 9 in Evanovich series. I stopped for a bit and have taken it up again. Oh, I don’t think I’d tell everyone about those curtain returns either…not if you value your life!

Tara, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARROD!! Glad you survived the party and the Skeeball game.

Kimmar, congrats on being so mothy!

Sherry, sorry about that sprain. Can’t believe they told you to stay off of it. It must be pretty bad then, ouch. Get that ice roller thing Suzanne recommended and roll it away!

Suzanne, sounds like you are “melting away!” Seems like a Sistah run to Lucky and Buckle might be a fun trip…(not me though, never ever been small enough and don’t anticipate that either). So you have a sunburn tattoo of a medal. Looking forward to pics. Cheetos for rude people.

Elaine, hope you get all that you want done today.

Nancy, I’ll maybe we can work out a trade windows for laundry.

Weekend was fab.

isyne4u
04-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Good morning gang,

Man am I tired today! I didn't realize how badly those kids had worn me out yesterday!! hehehe

Glad everyone had a great weekend. The tulips were pretty!!

My job situation may work out for me. I talked to the lady who has the job I want and told her that if she leaves that job that I want it. So then I told her how easy my job is and how she would probably like it. She came to me today and told me that she is VERY interested in taking my current job and me taking her job!! woohoo!! Now the bosses have to agree to it, but I think if we are ready to do it then they shouldn't complain about it. Hopefully I'll know by the end of the week or monday.

You folks that are cleaning house, if you get done early my house needs some work! I got some done yesterday but didn't finish because of the party!!

I'll be back later!!

tara

Tiger Lily 03
04-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Tara, Yay! hope it all works out now.

Elaine, I meant to mention earlier. Tonight, just leave on all the lights so he doesn't have to turn them on.
:teeth:

helenabear
04-24-2006, 01:31 PM
Elaine, I meant to mention earlier. Tonight, just leave on all the lights so he doesn't have to turn them on.
:rotfl:
I like that idea!!!

Woo hoo for Tara! I really do hope it works out well for the both of you!

I am pooped... just mowed the lawn... I think I've done my fair share of physical activities today :p

Meriweather
04-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Yay, Tara, hope it works our for you.

The boards are being VERY slow, makes me too frustrated to stay around long....so off to find some more to do ;)

helenabear
04-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Nancy, frustrated here too... I've done a lot of refreshing and walking away

But I am off for now to go knitting. Catch y'all later :)

Poohnatic
04-24-2006, 07:13 PM
Man o man, the DIS is sssssssllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwww! That's okay, it'll just make me do some stuff for work.

As promised, I'm posting some pictures, but I'll share among the board.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=12430193#post12430193

Back in a bit...

Suzanne

dizneenut
04-24-2006, 07:54 PM
Tara, hope everything works out for you! :)

Suzanne, great pics. :) I haven't been to Sea World in ages.

Gonna take my pill in a bit, watch The Apprentice, then go to bed. I'm exhausted.

Nitey nite! :wave:

helenabear
04-24-2006, 08:55 PM
Suzanne, boards are slow so pics are slow loading, but I love what i see so far!!! Thanks for getting them up :)

Take it easy Sherry! What meds do they have you on?

I'm back from knitting.. had fun :) Tired though so I am off :wave2:

isyne4u
04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi gang,

Woohoo! My bowling team came in 3rd place for the year!! I'm just so excited it wasn't last place as is my usual! We had a good time tonight in the roll off. So i'm done until my second league starts in May.

My brother has agreed to come over on saturday to clean out our gutters!! woohoo!! I have to clean up the ground around him but he will do the hard part!!

Suzanne...the pics are great. We'll have a new show to see when we go to sea world in november!! We love Sharks, its a bit expensive but the food is good.

Elaine...have fun at knitting club tonight!!

Nancy...the slowness helps me get work done at school!! hehehe

Sherry...how's that foot? Hope it gets to feeling better soon!!

Off to bed I go. Good night gang!!

tara

isyne4u
04-24-2006, 09:05 PM
Elaine sneeted!! Hi elaine. Glad you had fun at knitting!!

Meriweather
04-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Good night.

the slowness makes me get things done around the house too ;)
I can't look at pictures when it is this slow :(

Congrats, Tara....on bowling ...and brother helping ;)

TLinden16
04-25-2006, 04:23 AM
Just popping in for a quick hello.

flrose
04-25-2006, 04:42 AM
:sunny: Hi YaYa pals! How ya' doin'? :teeth:

Didn't do much of a ketch up. But ouch Sherry, hope your ankle heals fast.
Suzanne Great pics from Sea World! Been talking for a while about heading over that way.
Tara Luv that siggie pic of the boys! Happy belated B'day to Jarrod.
:wave2: Nancy, Elaine, Beth, Kim's, and everyone I didn't mention due to 'mental pause" :rolleyes:

gotta get ready to head to work.

:hug: :love2: :crazy: :rose:

dizneenut
04-25-2006, 05:29 AM
Morning! :wave:

Hey Rose Mary! So good to see you!! :)

Elaine, I am on 800mg of Ibuprofen.

Swelling is finally starting to go down so that is good! :bounce:

Tiger Lily 03
04-25-2006, 07:24 AM
Morning Ya Yas!

RM! Great to "see" you here! How've ya been?

Sherry, glad you can start to see the foot again now that the swelling is going down. Take it easy there.

Suzanne, loved those pics. The stage is spectacular! You did get great action shots.

JRKaren, Hello!

I'm laptop-less unless we purchase another so my evening computer sessions will be slim to none unless I get to the home office corner. I'm away from family visits then, hmmmm perhaps that's not such a bad thing.

Off to work, seeing what there is to play with today.

helenabear
04-25-2006, 08:03 AM
First of all, in case they pop in, Happy Birthday Paula & Todd :)

Suzanne, I got to look at all the pics before I went to sleep last night. They looked awesome! That stage for Believe really looks cool :)

Tara, congrats to your team placing third!!! And glad you found someone to do the gutters for you. Can your brother do mine when he's done? :p

Nancy, I hope it speeds up for you some soon! DISing right now is no fun at all for me! Probably why I got so much done yesterday too ;)

Howdy Karen :wave2:

Rose Mary :hug: Nice to see you again! I hope you stop in a lot more often... you've been missed!

Sherry, that's what I call the horse pill! I had those when I had a bad sinus thing going on. I hope you have an easier time taking that then I did!

Lily, yuck on the laptop situation at home. I hope you get that whole thing worked out at home soon.

Not sure what I am up to today. Did a bunch of physical stuff yesterday so we'll see what I feel up to doing today.

Meriweather
04-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Good morning.

Rose Mary!! Good to see you. Don't be a stranger. We miss you.

Sherry....glad the foot is on the mend.

Karen :wave:

Lily...sorry about your laptop :( Never had one, so guess I don't miss one ;)

Elaine....have a relaxing day.

Happy birthday to Todd and Paula....where ever they are.

We have an appointment with a lawyer this morning :eek: Wish us luck that things don't cost us $$$$....$$$$$.
Then I am off to Costco :) I love shopping there :teeth:

I will try to look at Suzanne's pictures again today. So far the boards are moving alright.

alabamaalan
04-25-2006, 10:30 AM
Good morning Y'all-Y'alls

I'm glad things went well at CEC Tara, and remember to throw the skee ball overhand if you don't want to hurt your back. :thumbsup2

Now what is this about Lainey getting Lucky?

Thanks for sharing pics Suzanne. I would love to go to Sea World one day but we just can't pull ourselves away from WDW since trips are so rare for us.

Mrs. AA's back has been giving her a lot of trouble and we are dealing with that, but things are great otherwise.

I hope y'all are having a good day.

dizneenut
04-25-2006, 11:15 AM
Happy B-day Todd & Paula. :bounce:

Elaine, I am having a horrible time with the Ibuprofen. I'm a big baby when it comes to swallowing pills and these are huge! :faint: I have been cutting them into 4 small pieces to get them down. :blush:

Good luck at the lawyer, Nancy!

Man, I am supposed to take the Ibuprofen every 8 hours, but after 6, it is wearing off. My foot starts throbbing and aching. :rolleyes1

helenabear
04-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Nancy, I think I will have a sort of relaxing day. I want to fold some clothes from yesterday that I couldn't get to, but other wise I think it will be a lot more relaxing than what i usually wind up doing on Tuesdays.
Good luck with the lawyer! I hope it won't cost you too much. And glad the boards are moving okay for you, they sure aren't here :rolleyes:

Alan, I got lucky on Saturday... nothing special ;)
I hope Mrs. AA's back feels better soon!

Sherry, I admit I cheat with the Ibuprofen. After not doing well with the 800mg pills, I decided to just do OC Ibuprofen and just take 4 of them at the same time. Goes down a lot easier and my doc said that was fine for me to do now and then when needed. I think I wound up ditching the script form about four days into it ;)

Off to finish folding the clothes, and then figure out what I am going to do for supper tonight. Luis is looking into taking classes for computer certifications (company should pay for) and has a meeting for that tonight, so I am on my own. Not much fun cooking for one.

Tiger Lily 03
04-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Elaine is folding clothes, such fun.

Nancy, good luck on $$$ lawyer stuff.

Alan, prayers for Mrs. AA.

Paula and Todd...Happy Birthday.

Sherry, sorry you are't able to deal with those large pills. Can you cut them in half or are they ones you are not permitted to do this way?

Off I go to frolic b4 going home. Not sure if I will visit this pm. If not, have a great evening all!

Meriweather
04-25-2006, 03:41 PM
Hope Mrs. AA's back feels better soon. Back pain is no fun.

sorry the meds are wearing off too fast for you Sherry :(
Hope that foot gets better soon,

Lawyer was alright. Don't want to see the bill :rolleyes:
We started our wills since we were there anyway.

Costco was fun as usual....finally got the memory card for my camera, so I am good for pictures now.

Nothing much going on here now.
I found out I have enough air miles for a free trip :bounce: I thought it would be after my CA trip was over.....so I can book air for Jan. as soon as my friend, Kathy and I can get it done at the same time! WooHoo!! Nonstop to Orlando will be such a treat!

kimmar067
04-25-2006, 03:49 PM
....Then I am off ....

....you certainly ARE!!! :teeth:

Todd and Paula ~
Here's some pixiedust: for a magical :bday: .... :thumbsup2 !

helenabear
04-25-2006, 05:32 PM
Wow, that just took way too long to get here to post :rolleyes: Good thing Luis isn't home to complain about how much time I am on my computer :p

Lily, how is work treating you? Is it getting any better for you?

Nancy, glad you survived the lawyer. That's something neither of us has (a will). Woo hoo for the memory for the camera. I never seem to have enough here either (especially when I travel) and a HUGE woo hoo for the frequent flyer miles!! Have fun booking that air :teeth:

Kimmar :laughing: Though she isn't as off as you are ;) :duck:

Finished folding the clothes and then decided to read a bit of the afternoon. It's cold and dreary here though, so I think my mood is matching the weather far too much. I suppose I'll have to make some hot chocolate to perk me up soon :)

flrose
04-25-2006, 05:55 PM
:wave2: All! Darn these boards are really sllllllllooooooooooowwwww! My Adult ADD does not like it at all. I think I've already forgotten everything I just read. Hmmmm, maybe that's my mental pause that's messin' me up :rolleyes1
Anyhoooooo, Sherry I had the same problem w/that Ibuprofen. It really didn't help the pain much but, it sure did mess up my stomach. Take care and hope your feeling better.
Nancy glad you got the lawyer thing done. I really need to look into doing a will, among other "things" that need to be taken care of. :rolleyes:
I've never been in Costco, usually hit the BJ's on the way home. Especially for gas!
:wave2: Elaine, can't believe you are mentioning hot chocolate it was :sunny: and over 80 today. But, I hear we are suppose to get a cold front this week. :cold: gonna be 63 Thurs. night :teeth:
Alan I hope Mrs. AA's back gets well soon. How are those lovely daughters of yours?
Hey Lily! I'm doin' ok thanks for asking. Looking forward to a trip to Disney w/my sister next weekend. Can't wait to get away.
Ok, off to get some things done. Later gang
:hug: puckerup: :rose:

helenabear
04-25-2006, 06:52 PM
Rose Mary, you said it with the boards!!!!

Oh the weather... yeah it really sucks here at the moment. Yesterday I was out in my capris and tank top mowing the lawn (got some sun too) and today I had to turn the heat on. We're going to dip below freezing tonight :rolleyes: At least I am very glad I didn't bother to do any gardening. This is always why we wait until mid-May. We're pretty much guaranteed freezing weather before then.

Have fun with your Disney trip! Staying at your favorite place? :teeth:

Now that I am cold again, I'm off to make my hot chocolate... I hate spring here ;)

Meriweather
04-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey Rose Mary.
The board is way too slow :rolleyes:

I'm off??? :rotfl: Pot..kettle ;)

Dave is packed...again. Leaves at 3:30 am this time :eek:

I was just glad to find out the other problem that we went to the lawyer about was (supposedly) easy to deal with.
Dave surprised me by bringing up the will. I thought we were waiting until later this summer when things calmed down some around here.
Oh well, now we go back when they are ready to get them signed. We have waited way too long as it is. And having the medical things included is good to have anytime.
Anyway.......

Sorry it is cold for you, Elaine....we are at day # 5 of nice weather :woohoo:
70's is perfect for me.
Of course I need to do yard work on Thurs. and it will probably be raining by then.

isyne4u
04-25-2006, 07:53 PM
hi gang,

I looked around today but never got my lazy butt around to posting!!
Hi RM!!! Glad to see you round these parts!! We had sun and 80 today as well! tomorrow it is supposed to be 57 and rainy! yuck!

I came home today, cut the front yard and the backyard and stuffed a piece of carpet into the trash can. We've been waiting for someone to take it to the dump and it hasn't happened so I had to cram and stuff this rather large piece of carpet into the can and now I have to hope that the trash man doesn't see it and that it will fall out of the can when he shakes it!!

I'm tired so I'm going nighty night! I'll be back tomorrow!! hugs to all!!

tara

Poohnatic
04-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Evening, all.

Been a busy girl around here-at work and at home. I didn't even have time to tend to the work emails. That's a good thing :)!

Happy Birthdays to those celebrating. Safe journey to Dave. :wave2: to RM. Hoping Lily gets a laptop soon. Sorry everyone is dealing with sllllllloooooowwww DIS and that Mrs AA's back gets better soon.

I think it's going to be nitey night really soon!

Suzanne

Tiger Lily 03
04-26-2006, 07:10 AM
Morning Ya Yas!

Wow! First one.

helenabear
04-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Morning all! I admit I gave up on the DIS last night and didn't bother to look once House came on ;)

Nancy, I hope you keep on enjoying your good weather! We had such a nice string that I know it was too good to be true for us in April. I knew we were in for rain so there was a reason why I wanted to get as much done on Monday that I did! I am glad you got your will taken care of. That is always a good thing to get done.

LOL, Tara, I would be shocked if they didn't take the carpet. at least around here as long as it fits and isn't too heavy, they'll take anything you can stuff into a can :p And sorry about the weather, looks like the cold weather hit your area too :(

Suzanne, hope you are enjoying your work! busy can be good :)

:wave2: Morning Lily!

Not sure what I am up to today. It's cold outside so that just leaves pretty much only indoor things to do. Cleo is curled up on my lap so I think she's cold too ;)

kimmar067
04-26-2006, 07:41 AM
Wow, that just took way too long to get here to post :rolleyes: Good thing Luis isn't home to complain about how much time I am on my computer :p

..... :rotfl2:
..Kimmar :laughing: Though she isn't as off as you are ;) :duck:....[/font]

....Wha??!?!...Huh??!?!... Uhhh, WAIT, now just a second..... :furious: [ :confused3 Who am I to argue with THAT?!??!]

alabamaalan
04-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Good morning yalluns.

It's nice to see you back around Rose Mary!

Nancy, you know what they say.. Where there's a will...there's a relative.

Mrs. AA had her first ever visit to a chiropractor yesterday (we know him personally so thought we would try him) and it was much easier than the normal hoops we have to jump through for her to get treatment.

She is walking caneless today, but still not sleeping well. Nevertheless..some improvement :)

helenabear
04-26-2006, 07:58 AM
LOL, Kimmar! Didn't think you could argue!

Alan, glad to hear that he doc went well for Rebecca. I do hope it helps her completely... at least walking is a good thing!

Just was chatting with Paula... she says hi to y'all! Busy with things at home, but she does hope to post here sometime later this week (or really soon) :)

Meriweather
04-26-2006, 09:02 AM
Good morning.

Glad MrsAA's back is doing a bit better.

How is the foot today, Sherry??

Dave is out and on his way to Montreal.
I have errands to run....which is good because the DIS is slowing down again :badpc:

have a good day everyone.

kimmar067
04-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Anyone here got "The Clap"????

..... :blush: Uhhhhh, LET me rephrase that:

I need a 'smilie clap' for those Tag Fairies...I'm trying to get them to get some o' my AKL 'buds' a tag....SEE, Pammie, I'm NOT grovelling.... :teeth: ....no 'grovels' HERE.... :sad2:

isyne4u
04-26-2006, 09:57 AM
Anyone here got "The Clap"????

Um don't ya think that's a little personal???? If you don't mind I think I'll keep my clap to myself!! :lmao:

I should find out tomorrow or friday about the job, but I'm not too confident because they told us in a meeting today that we have to have the proper certification to teach anything different. I don't have the ED/LD cert yet so i may have to wait until next year. If that's the case I'll tell the lady in there now that she has to stay there until next year so that I can get my certs then she can retire and I can take her job.

Either that or I need a new job real quick!!!

tara

helenabear
04-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Have fun running errands Nancy!!! And yes, I agree, good thing since this place is crawling again :rolleyes:

LOL, Kimmar... as you can see I don't give a hoot about the TF ;) So good luck with it!

Tara, sorry that the job won't work out for you this year, but I do hope that next year at the very least it will work out. Would you be able to get the certification over the summer though?

Walked to my dad's today and checked on things. Probably will walk again the ohter way in a while to finish putting a gift together.

dizneenut
04-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Morning!

Not feeling well at all. :( Started getting really bad pains in my stomach yesterday afternoon, then felt nauseous all night. This sucks. I think it might be the Ibuprofen that is doing it, so I haven't taken any since yesterday afternoon. My foot is KILLING me, but its better than the nauseau. :rolleyes1

Anyway, sorry to be such a downer, I'm just feeling whiny today. :(

alabamaalan
04-26-2006, 11:34 AM
:hug: Sherry

isyne4u
04-26-2006, 11:40 AM
Sherry, sorry your foot is still hurting and it is making your tummy yucky too. Hope you can find something that will make your foot better and not hurt your tummy.

Elaine...I can work on the cert over the summer and I probably will. One of the classes starts in a couple of weeks and it is an online class. I don't particularly want to take the class from this university because it is the university run by Pat Robertson. I absolutely despise him and his opinions and I've always sworn I wouldn't support his university. So in the mean time I'm going to look up UVA and see if they have any classes on line or around here that I can take. I'll have it by next year. Heck if I get another 30 hours of courses I might make another $500 a year :lmao: :rolleyes:

Alan :wave:

off to surf!! yahoo!!

tara

Kama89
04-26-2006, 01:03 PM
Eeek. Busy week. Standardized testing for Cam. Adding bass lessons to the schedule, etc... means lots of road time. That'd be fine if it weren't for the flat tire on my car. Sigh. Sooo... IL's took Cam in for testing, Tom took my tire and here I am. Sigh. Again.

Evanovich. Wooo! Fun stories aren't they Lily? Light, silly and easy. I am anxiously awaiting #11 in paperback. June I think. I'm reading Younger Next Year right at the moment. Wonderful advice and explanations on how to stay fit, active and biologically "younger" for years to come. Exercise being the key. Good stuff! Oh... another one very similar to the Stephanie Plum stories... "Sex Murder and a Double Latte" by Kyra Davis. FUN!!! The sequel just came out this last week. I'll be reading it with a friend in a few weeks. We're gleefully awaiting our Kyra fix! :p

Dang. Been sitting on this post for an hour now. :blush:

Umm... where was I?

Kimmar, any luck with the tag fairy? Sorry. I'm not going to risk incurring their wrath. As it is, I'll always be known now as the chick with the hots for Ed Harris. :p ... :rotfl:

Chiropractors! Wooo! I'd be a mess without mine. I hope he's able to help your sweet Mrs. Mr. AA.

Glad to hear the lawyer stuff is getting worked out Nancy.

Hi Rose Mary! :wave: Good to see you! Enjoy the Disney time with your sis!

How's work going Suzanne?

Hi and hugs to you Paula! :hug: Hope to see you here again soon.

How's work for you this week Lily?

3rd place/bowling! Nice job, Tara and gang!!

How's the tummy and foot Sherry? Can they give you something else for the foot pain? That much ibuprofen can sure be hard on a tummy.

helenabear
04-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Awww Sherry :hug: Sorry that the Ibuprofen has been doing that to you. Have you tried a double dose of Aleve? While that one gives me headaches, it does knock out pain better for me. Just be sure to take it with a meal.

Tara, good luck with the certificates then! Luis is actually looking into fun stuff for his computer stuff. He found one place, but it costs $24K for a 24 week course :eek: I hope you can find what you are looking for at UVA :)

Kimmie, sorry about the car and the testing. Sounds like a good way to really mess up a schedule. Hope Cam has fun with the bass lessons!
Reminds me though, I need to go read one more book out of the pile you sent me. And get yours out to you too :blush:

Tiger Lily 03
04-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Hey,

Sherry, sorry about the foot pain and the tummy. Hope you feel better real soon.

Kimmie, nice ketchup. Bass lessons, how fun for him! Yup! Evonovich is fun. June for 11 huh? Didn't know that. Must look at the ones you recommended too.

AA, glad the Mrs. is feeling better and not cane walking. Does that mean Pilot is working then?

Tara, hope you find the cert info you will need and at the right place.

Work still down. Not at all as good to come to as it used to be. Sad. At least for me, I have an out. I feel for my friends who don't really have the opportunities I do. I'm thinking I will tough it through. Just some days better than others is all. Adjustments for all.

isyne4u
04-26-2006, 02:48 PM
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc I sent an email to my AP this morning letting her know I would not be here tomorrow so she could give me my bad news on Friday or she could email me on thursday. She emailed me back this afternoon telling me that I can find her on friday and that I will probably be very happy with the answer she gives me on Friday!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I'm taking this to mean i'm getting my room next year!! :cheer2: :cheer2: I will be on pins and needles until then, but I let her know that I've already inquired as to what I need to do to get my ed/ld endorsement. So I can start working on it now!! :cheer2: :cheer2: Can you tell i'm a little excited here!!! woohoo!!

okay, now back to your regular dising. I'll ketchup tonight or tomorrow morning after Jar's neurology appt.

tara

helenabear
04-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Woo hoo Tara!!!! I do hope you like the answer you get on Friday!! That sounds very hopeful though!

Aww, Lily, sorry that job isn't that great. I admire you for toughing it out (I know I did at mine) but also remember, your happiness is worth more than any job you could hold! Good luck with everything though.

Having a very lousy afternoon... don't feel like explaining all that much, but really feel down... so sorry if I am not too chipper for a while.

Meriweather
04-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Errands done....icky weather is back, but I refuse to turn the heat on. Kitties are staying under their lamps :rotfl:

Sherry, sorry about the icky tummy and foot still hurting. Hope you find something that works.
Christin used super strength Aleve for her shoulders when she was in school and that seemed to help her. Only thing that does help her.

:woohoo: Tara. Hope everything works out for you.
Christin is going to TRY to back to school for her teaching certificate and Masters. She missed the deadline for fall, so looking at spring IF she can get into the program. What a PITA. She has 4 tests to take over the summer and has to look for a job with kids before the application goes in. This one school is a year program, so she wants it bad! And that is $27,000!! :eek: I will be so glad when she finds something and stops using all our money ;)

Kimmie....flat tire?? Did that recently :rolleyes:
Yay for bass lessons. Dave did that when he was in school.

Boards are so bad :( :badpc:

helenabear
04-26-2006, 06:28 PM
Nancy, come back... the boards are actually moving at an "okay" pace

now watch me jinx that one

mood is better... perking up some now fortunately

good luck to Christin with the school! I think Luis has decided against his, just a lot that could go wrong with it and a lot of money to mess with. Of course with his, he could self study and probably do much better than he thinks. That's the only good thing about certifications :)

Meriweather
04-26-2006, 07:11 PM
Where is everyone?

I spent the afternoon starting the everything off the floor in the living room thing :rolleyes:
Got all that out expect the 2 couches and the stereo.
Got all out of the dining room except the china cabinet and the table......there was too much in that cabinet!
And both hallway closets cleared out of clothes and floor things.
My guest room is full!!

Now what for dinner?? Hmmmmm....any ideas. Just me and nothing out of the freezer :rolleyes:

Glad your mood is better, Elaine :)

helenabear
04-26-2006, 07:59 PM
Nancy, I figured no one would stop in after how slow it was today. We also watched Bones... pretty good and sad show tonight.

Luis is watching AI at the moment. I am about to watch too since I love Andrea Bocelli

Actually he's about to sing, so I best go... I'll be back, but sounds like you got a lot done today Nancy!

Meriweather
04-26-2006, 08:39 PM
All my shows are reruns tonight :(
Might have to find a movie to watch.

helenabear
04-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Sorry to hear that Nancy. All of ours were not here. I hope you find something good to watch.

Since it's late here, I m going to go. See y'all tomorrow :wave2:

Tiger Lily 03
04-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Yay! for Tara. Still pulling for you to make sure.

Elaine, thanks for the support. DH and I just had a discussion over coffee at Starbucks and we are on the same page that when/if it starts to affect OUR time, then it will be time. Otherwise, I like doing what I do and I do good! They can't take that from me. I can't believe I missed AI with him on. I did want to hear it.

Nancy, take it easy there. Don't injure your back. You know I just won EBay auction and need to name mine.

Meriweather
04-26-2006, 08:54 PM
You won!! :yay: :woohoo: We have twins :teeth:
Let us know what name you pick. Boy or girl?

Tiger Lily 03
04-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Haven't determined. May have to have a "look" first.

isyne4u
04-26-2006, 10:22 PM
Good evening gang,

came home from tutoring, had dinner with mom and Ethan, cut up strawberries and put into some sugar, Jar came home and then we sat and read for a while! It was a nice evening.

Lily...congrats on your ebay win!! I think your plan for your job sounds like a good one.

Nancy...you are a one woman moving squad! you go girl!!!

Elaine...sorry you were in a funk, hope things get better for ya!!

Kimmie...sorry about the flat tire. those are no fun. Good luck with the state testing. I hate that time of year!

Alan...hope the chiro helps Mrs AA. I went to one for a few weeks and while my back and head hurt worse, my wallet kept getting lighter and lighter :confused3 so I quit going and started taking drugs :teeth:

RM...glad to see you around. I hope you find more time to stop in. We want to hear about the men in your life!!

Paula...hope you get to come back soon! We miss you.

JRKaren...I saw you swing through here either today or yesterday, sorry i missed you. Come back soon.

Pam...did you finish and meet your deadline? Has the UPS guy killed your computer any more?

Sherry...how's the foot doing this evening? Have you found any drugs to help you with the pain?

Kimmar...I noticed the tag fairy hasn't noticed that you got the clap! Good luck!

Suzanne...did ya hire any one today? congrats on the gold passes! If you guys come up this way we'll have to check out our BG together!

Beth...is the boss back yet? Has she given you a chance to rest yet? I hope so!!

Okay, I'm outta here. Going to bed now...hugs to all!!

tara

flrose
04-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Morning!

NO time to ketch up right now :sad2:

TARA- MEN?????????? :rotfl2:

Later gang. :wave2:

:hug: puckerup: :rose:

dizneenut
04-27-2006, 05:19 AM
Morning!

I'm feeling a lot better this morning. Tummy is still a little upset, but I feel half-human again. :teeth: The foot is feeling way better, too. I took some Aleve and I iced the foot for a couple hours and that seemed to help alot, so I'll do the same again today.

Good news is, Junior got a work car yesterday so I don't have to get up early and drive him anymore. :bounce: He got a 2003 Ford Focus Hatchback. :)

Lily, yay for the Ebay win! Good luck with your job situation.

Kimmie, boo on the flat tire.

Gotta run......gotta make sure the troops are up and at 'em!

helenabear
04-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Good morning everyone! Still a bit too chilly here today for my taste!

Lily, congrats on the new kid! We want pics! i am glad that you and Ted had a good talk about your job though. I knew it was enough for me when I left crying nearly daily. I got over it at home, but it took too much out of me. We couldn't be happier now!

And Nancy has twins now? Woo hoo!

Excellent ketchup there Tara! Glad you had a nice night... I like nice quiet ones now and then :)

Morning Rose Mary :wave2:

Sherry, glad you are feeling better and that the Aleve is working! Pain killers can be a PITA to deal with. Woo hoo on the car!!! I hope he enjoys it!!!

I think I am going to crawl back into bed. I just can't get warm!

Tiger Lily 03
04-27-2006, 07:29 AM
Morning Ya Yas!

RM, so you laugh when the man word is used huh? Oh well.

Tara, you are the goodest ketchuperer to follow. Never been to chiro, but a masseuse did that to me. Haven't been back. Had to lie on the heating pad after she got done with me. Ow. Back hurt and I didn't even go there with back pain.

Sherry, Yay for new car and sleeping in! Hope the healing continues.

Elaine, wishes for a great day! :wizard: :sunny:

Pics of my new BaB when I get it. Working on name that BaB now. It is a twin to Nancy's Franklin, only this one will come naked so just might HAVE to make a stop to the BaB store to get clothing, oh and a renaming certificate.

Today is take your child to work day and I left Azmarelda at home. She came with me last year, but for some reason didn't want to this year. I guess I speak too much of this place at home these days. I have apt. with doc this p.m. to monitor bp, so get to leave a bit early. Good news is that I think the increased dose has "magically" eased my swallowing difficulty. Not completely, but much better.

Another day at this happy farm...

CrazyBoutDisney
04-27-2006, 08:09 AM
Good morning, all! Nice day off yesterday and I spent it bookkeeping, of course. :rolleyes: Great choir rehearsal last night, too. All's right with the world when you end rehearsal with Battle Hymn of the Republic and actually hit that high Bflat :teeth:

Sherry, I'm so sorry about your sprained foot! Hope that Aleve continues to help. I've been living on Ibuprofen since December and can so relate to the tummy issues.

Nancy, Can you bottle some of that motivation and send it my way? We still haven't touched any of the last load of stuff we brought over from the old place in January! Haven't been able to get the car into the garage since then.......so, you're getting ready for new carpet?

Lily, congrats on your eBay rescue! Glad to hear Franklin's twin found a good home. :hug: on the job situation and kudos to you on your attitude!

Tara, I'm keeping everything crossed and praying hard that you'll hear exactly what you're hoping to hear from your AP! You must be antsy as all heck today!!

Rose Mary!!!!! :hug: :hug: so good to "see" you again!! Hope you'll be able to find time to drop in more often. Love that description for the condition so many of us find ourselves in of late....Mental pause!! :lmao: It's so true!!!

Laine, hope the warmer weather finally knocks the chill out of your bones soon. Funny how we seem to feel it so much more once we've had a taste of spring!

Was that a Jellybean that flashed thru here yesterday?!! :hug:

:wave: to all you other sistahs and bothers who haven't checked in lately. Missing you!! Hope everyone has a great day!! :grouphug:

helenabear
04-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Lily, I was at the Sharper Image on Saturday and had the same thing happen. I sat in one of those stupid massaging chairs and I think that really set off my back being in bad shape!

Can't wait to see your new kid though whenever he comes. I thought they all came into the world nekkie though ;) And I don't blame your girl for not wanting to go in. Seems once kids have seen that stuff once, they don't ever want to do it again.

LOL, Bethie, we are getting close to finishing choir for the year, though we do have practice tonight. Glad yours ended on such a good note. I get to learn some stuff tonight that I know I can use for later. I've actually been singing alto non stop at the evening services, so I really need to learn some parts that "everyone else knows"
Oh and I thnk it was closer to summer that hit here... I was out in shorts and tanks many days last week! *sigh* it will return :)