PDA

View Full Version : 5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 9

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

kikipug
04-25-2006, 11:00 AM
WOO HOO!!!! 38,000... because I'm still 38... and you're not!http://bestsmileys.com/poking/2.gif

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 9 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=653643

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 11:01 AM
boards are too slow!

everyone is working..what a concept....

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 11:04 AM
WOO HOO!!!! 38,000... because I'm still 38... and you're not!http://bestsmileys.com/poking/2.gif

SURE beat up on the OLD GUY!!!! Well I should get going so I can make it to lunch on time you know how SLLLOOOOOWWWW us OLD guys are....

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 11:06 AM
GREAT.... :rolleyes: ... we get to cruise with TWO drunk, sunburned bald guys who are sacrificing their skin cells, liver cells, and brain cells under the guise of 'scientific research'

http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/4.gif
EVERYTHING in moderation dear!!!

congrats on the milestone!!!

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
EVERYTHING in moderation dear!!!

congrats on the milestone!!!

Correct, so we will be moderately sunburned and drunk:rotfl:

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 11:09 AM
Congrats to the wife & hubby team on the milestone post & reply!!!

Ang

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 11:10 AM

That means save #39,000 for me since I'm 39!

Ang

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 11:14 AM

Ang

So am I ..... hence her posting and spousal abuse

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 11:21 AM
So am I ..... hence her posting and spousal abuse

But I'm down to my last 6.5 months of being 39 :sad1: . You just started.

Ang

WDWLVR
04-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Congrats to Karen on post #38,000

Congrats to Ray on reply #38,000

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 11:27 AM
OR if you could have them installed by this weeknd since Monday you file for bankruptcy and you want those covered...I bet they hang up very quickly..during my slow time at work while surfing the web I find sites on how to play along with telemarketers..some great lines...

Like this one?

http://www.xs4all.nl/~egbg/counterscript.html

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 11:30 AM

THANK YOU!!!!!! Thank you very much!!! :lmao:

Cool, a U TOP shared with Mary!!

pixiedust: pdfg

TiggerInNY
04-25-2006, 11:52 AM
Welcome back!!!

Loved your commentary about carnival rides... (I know, I know, it was about mumps... but the carnival ride comments hit home... ask my kids how many carnival rides I've ever let them go on... ZERO... and yes, they wear bike helmets, too... even though they are the only kids in the neighborhood that do!)

Keep up the great work!!

Hey, if you move to our neighborhood, we ALL wear helmets. Except one family, but there's not much in those heads to get damaged. :lmao: :confused3

CodyJ
04-25-2006, 11:54 AM

Congrats to Ray on reply #38,000

ditto :cool1:

CodyJ
04-25-2006, 12:02 PM
Good morning, everyone

:sad2: :sick:

Sue is not feeling well today....... either a really bad head cold, allergies or a sinus infection. When Sue takes to her bed, she is really feeling bad. So I get to pick up darling Nick (who is going on the cruise ) and Emily. I will have them until BIL picks them up. I do love those two cuties.

This will be my 100th post. A small milestone for me.

Have a good day.

Liz :wave2:

CodyJ
04-25-2006, 12:03 PM
oops.... Emily is a darling too. princess:

gptmba
04-25-2006, 12:06 PM
OK.... Shelby has posted the thread for the 9 and unders....

It is titled Tag-A-Longs Double Scoop Group.... May 27, '06

She is eagerly waiting to become the top thread!! princess: :teeth:

When we looked at it this am before school she asked why she was not on top where she was last night when she posted. I explained that she had to keep writing and get lots of other kids to write then it stays on top. She then looked at me and said "So let's get posting. How many do I need to do to be in first place?" AAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!!! :rotfl2:

So let this be a lesson to you all.... This is how addictions get passed through the family! :rotfl:

I'll get all of mine on tonight to post, if all goes well! L-O-N-G story, but too boring to tell! :teeth:

gptmba
04-25-2006, 12:16 PM

From one Karen to another: You go, girl! :cool1:

TiggerInNY
04-25-2006, 12:25 PM
Congrats Karen on post #38000!!

Congrats Ray on reply #38000!!

TiggerInNY
04-25-2006, 12:29 PM
Hi cruisers..

For all you that have the YES (Yankee Entertainment Station) channel, we'll be at the game tonight, weather permitting. They're playing the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Hey, that would include a lot of you Florida residents. We'll be on the upper deck, 1st base side. Keep your eyes out for us...:3dglasses . Let's go Yanks!!!

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 12:31 PM
What's that number 52606? That's over 14,800 posts in the next 30 odd days. That's over 490 posts per day!!!

IMHO is we get anywhere CLOSE to that this is going to be an EXTREMELY boring thread. I, personally, like to follow what's going on in ppl's lives---laugh with them, cry with them, pray for them....but with over 490 posts a day there will be too much to even wade through (especially if the server is as slow as it is today) and all the parts that make this group special (the bonds of friendship) will be lost just to get to a certain magic number.

Hey, I may be odd man out thinking like this, but I dread the thought of losing the friendships just because shameless post boosting take precedent over relationships.

Stepping down off my soapbox now.

I agree

Disney Fans
04-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Welcome back! :wave2: Yes, we were wondering if we'd scared you off! :lmao:

Sorry to hear y'all have been sick. Better to get all that out of the way BEFORE the cruise. There will be no time for illness on the cruise. ;)

I always check Mary's site after being gone for awhile. She's GREAT about keeping things updated & keeping us organized. :thumbsup2

Most of us are in *packing mode* and "can I find a swimsuit; will it be here on time" mode....... :eek:

Thanks and Yah, I am trying to start to keep up again today already alot to read thru! :rotfl2:

Disney Fans
04-25-2006, 12:45 PM

Same goes from me: Congarts to you both!!! :banana: :Pinkbounc :cool1: :thumbsup2 :cheer2: :yay: :bounce:

Dancind
04-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Right after that rule - is the rule all kids must have one trip to the emergency room...

Our kid had at least two trips, maybe three. Once she got to ride in an ambulance, sirens and all!

Dancind
04-25-2006, 01:31 PM
Come on Kevin....move to Ohio. I'll make you cookies....weekly!!!!! :lmao:

Here's our criteria for the next move, actually the final move:

1. Not too far from an ocean.
2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
4. Affordable housing, comparable to NM.
5. No state income tax.
6. Preferably not near a coast where there are hurricanes!

OK, the last one is new. FL was looking pretty darn good until we added #6! Actually, I'm thinking this place doesn't exist.

Dancind
04-25-2006, 01:40 PM
Congrats on the milestone, Pug family!

Just love reading about 30 somethings who are complaining about getting older. Just wait.

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 01:44 PM

2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.

OK, the last one is new. FL was looking pretty darn good until we added #6! Actually, I'm thinking this place doesn't exist.

I was going to say Vegas, but guess that's too far from an ocean... that strikes out #1.

Ang

pirate: A U-TOP with Diana and looking for that perfect place to live.:sunny:

Ang

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 01:47 PM

2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.

We had 1 bad year for hurricanes in the past 40....east coast of Florida take less direct hits than the southern part of FL or the western part...

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 01:49 PM
Congrats on the milestone, Pug family!

Just love reading about 30 somethings who are complaining about getting older. Just wait.
:love: They just haven't learned to handle it with grace yet, like you sweetie!!! :love:

Dancind
04-25-2006, 01:53 PM
We had 1 bad year for hurricanes in the past 40....east coast of Florida take less direct hits than the southern part of FL or the western part...

I agree that your coast is doing better than the Gulf coast! I don't like hearing that this is a 15 year cycle though. Let's hope the "experts" are wrong about that.

Actually, Kevin has mentioned Ocala, I have mentioned Gainesville. Alicia could be a Gator! Still watching those housing prices...

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 01:54 PM
I was going to say Vegas, but guess that's too far from an ocean... that strikes out #1.

Ang

pirate: A U-TOP with Diana and looking for that perfect place to live.:sunny:

Ang

OK warm was not one of your criteria, so New Hampshire, No income tax but one hell of a property tax, 18 miles of beach, rare Hurricanes..LOTS OF SNOW!!!!

Dancind
04-25-2006, 01:56 PM
2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.
7. No snow.

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 01:59 PM
I agree that your coast is doing better than the Gulf coast! I don't like hearing that this is a 15 year cycle though. Let's hope the "experts" are wrong about that.

Actually, Kevin has mentioned Ocala, I have mentioned Gainesville. Alicia could be a Gator! Still watching those housing prices...

A bit far from the Ocean, actually it is in the middle of No where...why in the world would she want to be a Gator....... Go 'Noles!!!

DBCS
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
GREAT.... :rolleyes: ... we get to cruise with TWO drunk, sunburned bald guys who are sacrificing their skin cells, liver cells, and brain cells under the guise of 'scientific research'

http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/4.gif http://bestsmileys.com/undersun/4.gif

I'm back...

You know that might make for some interesting photos... :banana:

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 02:02 PM
2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.
7. No snow.

Now you are really limiting yourself...not many States with No Income Tax near an ocean with out snow....

Dancind
04-25-2006, 02:03 PM
They do say that most people try to retire to the places they like to vacation. For us, that's Florida. Of course, if we keep taking expensive vacations, we may not be able to afford to move! And I'm afraid retiring isn't in the equation either. At least, not completely retired. I am "officially" retired, but I'm still working. And Kevin will be working for a long time to come as well. That's one problem with starting a family when you are OLD.

Dancind
04-25-2006, 02:05 PM
A bit far from the Ocean, actually it is in the middle of No where...why in the world would she want to be a Gator....... Go 'Noles!!!

OK, what are Noles?

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 02:28 PM
OK, what are Noles?

Seminoles... Florida Statehttp://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/fsu/graphics/fsu-05-logo-left-top.gif

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 02:28 PM
OK, what are Noles?

Florida State University Seminoles ... in Tallahasee (sp?)

Ang

kikipug
04-25-2006, 02:32 PM
I'm back...
Interesting photos... hmm... does somebody want to fill Barbara in about the 'green-thong' photos???

mickeymo
04-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Now you are really limiting yourself...not many States with No Income Tax near an ocean with out snow....

hmm - There's always Houston - if you get over on the other side of Houston - about 1 1/2 hr from the coast - pretty well protected from the hurricanes- meets all of those requirements including major universities - Baylor, Rice, A&M, UT all within driving distance....You only have to watch for hurricanes coming up into the gulf not from both sides like Florida. Further inland there's the hill country with Austin and San Antonio - there about 3-4 hours from Houston/Galveston and the coast...or S.A. always has the option of Corpus about a bit less...

whnim64
04-25-2006, 02:41 PM
I am "officially" retired, but I'm still working. And Kevin will be working for a long time to come as well. That's one problem with starting a family when you are OLD.
Or having a baby when your kids are almost out of the house. I feel your pain :crazy: . DS is only in 5th grade, but talking about going to college in Florida. We're not discouraging him.

A UTOP with Diana!

mickeymo
04-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Hi cruisers..

For all you that have the YES (Yankee Entertainment Station) channel, we'll be at the game tonight, weather permitting. They're playing the Tampa Bay Devil Rays. Hey, that would include a lot of you Florida residents. We'll be on the upper deck, 1st base side. Keep your eyes out for us...:3dglasses . Let's go Yanks!!!

o.k. I've been south of the mason-dixon line a bit too long - my first thought was Yankee - as in the north - not baseball...And was trying to figure out what the station would air as the "Yankee" Entertainment... :lmao:

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 02:52 PM
o.k. I've been south of the mason-dixon line a bit too long - my first thought was Yankee - as in the north - not baseball...And was trying to figure out what the station would air as the "Yankee" Entertainment... :lmao:

It's the "Anti-Dukes of Hazzard" channel :lmao:

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 03:33 PM
I'm about ready to head home for the day. The girls have dance this afternoon so I'm hoping I can see Emily for a few minutes. Ashley's group is already done.

Later!
Ang

TiggerInNY
04-25-2006, 03:48 PM

Now now, we're not gonna go there are we? No North vs. South stuff. Sorry, I didn't specify myself well enough. I was speaking about baseball Yankees. Baseball people...baseball!!!!

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Thanks - we do try and keep it up to date so that no important dates get missed.

Having said that and backing up what Mark said earlier I'm getting on my soap box for a moment:

We set the cut-off dates we do because of the work it takes to get the buttons and navigators ready and also to get them shipped out. We do this as our gift to everyone and to make the DIS group an easy to recognize and fun group.

Every cruise we have done this one someone has come to me after the cut-off and asks for a button. In one case the person had posted right after two of my reminder posts so I know they were on the boards. When I said production was done they threw a fit in pm.

So I'm giving everyone a warning now. If you haven't given us your infomation we need it no later than May 7th.

If we don't have a room number for you we will not make you buttons or add you to the list (sorry but we've been burned by making buttons and then no one picking them up...at least with a room number we can drop them off.)

If you e-mail me but I don't recognize you from the thread you won't be put on the list either. This is supposed to be about DIS friends - not some stranger none of us have ever "met". I know we have some very new people - in fact I had invited DVCDebb over from Cruise Critic. Yet they have all posted on the thread and introduced themselves and that is all we ask.

So that is it. If any of this makes people upset I'm sorry. Sad to say at least once each cruise someone is upset by it. Bottom line you have a little less than 2 weeks to get your info in to me. If you have been lurking up to this point now will be a good time to introduce yourself to the group and get to know each other.

Stepping off my soapbox now. :thanks:

DVCDebb Thanks you so much. I would have never known about this board and all the people I have been talking to if you had not told me. Hopefully I have contributed some info that was helpful to a few people. I have certainly learned a lot. What a great bunch can't wait to meet everyone. :banana: :wave:

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 04:10 PM
ARMY BABY!!!!! Most slots for pilots.... most helicopters!! And a beautiful fun filled year at Ft. Rucker, AL. :cool1: :rotfl2:

DH also just told me Coast Guard is actually a better assignment with more modern equipment and they have alot of choppers but not as many as the army. Not as many kinds of aircraft -- no gun ships-- but also no getting sent to the desert. :goodvibes

Oh I see some long discussions on this cruise for the guys. Fred is a retired Navy Pilot. So we can hear all the opinions or just let the guys talk and we shall all run away without them. :moped:

itdjbw
04-25-2006, 04:32 PM
and now my own husband turns on me. :earseek:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :confused3

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 04:33 PM
2. Nearby University.
3. Low altitude.
5. No state income tax.
7. No snow.

This is the girl who used to go home early from work when it "started" to snow!! That should have been higher on the list.

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm back...

:scared1: Especially in matching DIS green thongs!!! :scared1:

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Interesting photos... hmm... does somebody want to fill Barbara in about the 'green-thong' photos???
That's just scary!! :rotfl2:

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 04:47 PM
That's just scary!! :rotfl2:

Can you fill me in about the thongs? This sounds interesting (I think) :rotfl2:

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Running away for now to feed the family. I can hardly wait till don't have to cook for a week :stir: Not sure what I will feed them yet. Try to catch up later

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 04:52 PM
Who posted that picture? Was it Jim or Ohiomeanie???

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 04:54 PM
Thanks again for telling me about this board. Some great people here to talk to and can't wait to meet them. DD has found a buddy to run the decks with hopefully. :Pinkbounc

justmestace
04-25-2006, 04:55 PM
They have a new banana dessert - that is supposed to be flambeed at the table - mine just came warmed up - .... It was good though!

A T.O.P. with DCL, Stacey, and dessert!!

Virgil
pirate:

We ate at the Prime Steakhouse at the Bellagio...right on the water with the fountains. Anyway, they have another dessert that was wonderful....a warm banana cake with a burnt sugar topping (like creme brulee) set on a warm vanilla sauce. Lucky for me, it's a very small dessert. But I learned a lesson.....do NOT save your tightest slacks for the last day of the trip! :guilty:

A T.O.P. with Virgil and dessert!! I'm sensing a pattern.....:goodvibes

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I am confused why do I still have the edit and scissors in my post. What have I done wrong this time. Please help this newbie to the boards. Terrible to be old and forgetful.

justmestace
04-25-2006, 04:59 PM

I think that would be me. And she's NOT a meanie. :furious:

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 05:01 PM

YOU too? Of all the people.... hmpf

WDWLVR
04-25-2006, 05:02 PM
I am confused why do I still have the edit and scissors in my post. What have I done wrong this time. Please help this newbie to the boards. Terrible to be old and forgetful.

Because you are the author of the post you can open it up again and edit it. Works well for when you grab a top or a milestone post. You only see it on your own posts because those are the only posts you can edit! :)

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 05:04 PM
I almost got a top again. But Stacey and Virgil and that wonderful sounding dessert beat me out.

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 05:06 PM

Thanks, Stacey!
At least there are a few people around here who don't think I'm all that horrible. Quick to be sarcastic, sure. I'll point out a spelling/grammar error here or there IF the error causes me to laugh (I didn't see anyone complaining when I called Jim on his "sit the pot" error---I mean everyone is still USING that one, aren't they?) Would I bend over backwards for just about any one of you....yes. Have I mailed out care packages to several of you over the years....yes. If anyone can find one of my posts which they think I truly said in a mean spirit, I'd love you to PM me with the post number. Thx.

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 05:22 PM
OK.... Shelby has posted the thread for the 9 and unders....

It is titled Tag-A-Longs Double Scoop Group.... May 27, '06

:rotfl2:

So let this be a lesson to you all.... This is how addictions get passed through the family! :rotfl:
I will let Taylor know!

Thanks for the feedback! With the cruise approaching, I figure I'd better hang out here some. That way I'm not left out of the dinner conversations. :)

Welcome Back! Good to see you again!

!

Plus, he is telling us he'll need to charge us extra for the playhouse shutters....but according to the contract, shutters for the playhouse are "included" and any change in the price of the job needs to be put in writing.

!!!!! :lmao:

You guys have a matching playhouse to your home or something? Neat-o if you do! I would love to see pics, if you care to share.....Oh and GO GET EM KAREN!

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 05:27 PM
DH and I don't drink, so won't be able to take part in the sunscreen experiment. :guilty:

Sure yall can! Every experiment needs a control group!:rotfl2:

How rude!!! And exceptionally funny, if I might add :rotfl2: Ps CONGRATS on the milestone! I dont think you have ever gotten one b4 have you??

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 05:30 PM

Sue is not feeling well today.......

GET BETTER SUE! Get it all out of your system now!

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 05:37 PM
You are absolutly right! But it is so much fun to rile her up!@!!!! And Gunka you take it in good spirit!!! I hope I have not offended you with the meanie stuff !:sunny:
ps check your pm box please

WDWLVR
04-25-2006, 05:42 PM

I think Ohiosweetie is a better name for Karen. She has always been there for me and I consider her a good friend. After all only a good friend would let you post a silly picture of her. :)

DareTooDream
04-25-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks, Stacey!
At least there are a few people around here who don't think I'm all that horrible. Quick to be sarcastic, sure. I'll point out a spelling/grammar error here or there IF the error causes me to laugh (I didn't see anyone complaining when I called Jim on his "sit the pot" error---I mean everyone is still USING that one, aren't they?) Would I bend over backwards for just about any one of you....yes. Have I mailed out care packages to several of you over the years....yes. If anyone can find one of my posts which they think I truly said in a mean spirit, I'd love you to PM me with the post number. Thx.

As a mom of two DS's I for one am glad there is to be no secrete-ing going on regarding deck 7 :teeth: - I'm still chuckling over that one! I skimmed right over that spelling error (as well as the others).

What page was the "sit the pot" mishap?

Sherry

DareTooDream
04-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Like there would not be others like that will to join us, OK maybe not bald....plus my brain cells were fried in college so I am 1 up on him....

AND A U TOP WITH MY WIFE AND BEING DRUNK AND BURNING THINGS:sunny:

My bald DH (would that be a BDH?) will join you for the alcohol part - not so sure about the sunning part :goodvibes Actually, he's not completely bald. Some years ago one DS told him he had "U" hair - took us a bit to figure out it does look like a U when you look down on it!! :goodvibes Then there was the day we bathed the dog while DH was at work. He came home and asked the boys how their day was, etc. They went on to tell him all about washing the dog, how we had to use a lot of shampoo, etc. The oldest son who was probably 4 or 5 at the time looked at DH and said "you don't have to use much shampoo, do you Dad!" :rotfl:
Sherry

DareTooDream
04-25-2006, 06:02 PM
I think somewhere on this messy desk I have made note of a grocery store by WDW and SuperWalmart by the Port. Noone's mentioned Sams Club or Costco - are there any by either? Where's the best place to buy alcohol since I don't think taking it on the plane would be a good idea?
Sherry

RachelTori
04-25-2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks, Stacey!

NO! I know you won't find anyone here who thinks you're mean-spirited. You have a GREAT sense of humor, a quick wit and keep us in stitches! :lmao:

We love you *just the way you are* :goodvibes

:woohoo: I got a U TOP with the lovely and talented OHIOMINNIE :woohoo:

PDFG pixiedust:

DareTooDream
04-25-2006, 06:05 PM
No JB's for us - our flight doesn't even land until 5. Then we'll have to see if we can get all the stuff we (I) bring into the rental car. Of course we'll need a supply stop. Fran, what time do you think you'll go to Grills?
Sherry
no TOP for me pirate:

RachelTori
04-25-2006, 06:07 PM
Oops - sorry Sherry! I haven't had a TOP in so long, I forgot how good it feels!! :goodvibes

kikipug
04-25-2006, 06:35 PM

http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/5.gif

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 06:54 PM
OK Barb,
Taylor is posting now, and I was going to point her in the direction of the TAG ALONG thread...but I can not find it.....A little help please? amybe mine eyes are just not catching it

DBCS
04-25-2006, 06:54 PM
Oh I see some long discussions on this cruise for the guys. Fred is a retired Navy Pilot. So we can hear all the opinions or just let the guys talk and we shall all run away without them. :moped:

In true military wife fashion I declare we should.....

RUN AWAY WITHOUT THEM!!!!!! :moped:

You know how all this 'pilot talk' is going to turn out....

I say we save ourselves!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 06:56 PM
Ok guys..I am neat.. I had a long tough day at work and I am TIRED....have fun yall

kikipug
04-25-2006, 06:56 PM
I say we save ourselves!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Well, on the Titanic, it WAS "Women and Children first!!"

kikipug
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
Ok guys..I am neat..

Well, at least we know you're not a slob...

(now what was that about typos????)

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 06:57 PM
YOU too? Of all the people.... hmpf
Ahh come on! You of all people should know that we ALL love you!! :love: :love:

scuba.mom
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
And I'm the one that packs her lunch/dinner for the next day. It is already in her carryout container for tomorrow. :cheer2:

When was the last time your husband packed your lunch/dinner 5 days a week? (insert pokey stick guy here)

And today's was YUMMY - Enchilada (sp??). Jim is being VERY supportive of this situation with Lisa. Not many Husbands /Dads would be understanding enough to have their family split each night in order to allow their daughter the opportunity to follow her dream and see how far she can go in her sport. I appreciate him VERY VERY much.

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 07:00 PM
My bald DH (would that be a BDH?) will join you for the alcohol part - not so sure about the sunning part :goodvibes Actually, he's not completely bald. Some years ago one DS told him he had "U" hair - took us a bit to figure out it does look like a U when you look down on it!! :goodvibes Then there was the day we bathed the dog while DH was at work. He came home and asked the boys how their day was, etc. They went on to tell him all about washing the dog, how we had to use a lot of shampoo, etc. The oldest son who was probably 4 or 5 at the time looked at DH and said "you don't have to use much shampoo, do you Dad!" :rotfl:
Sherry
Now, that brings new meaning to a U TOP, doesn't?

DBCS
04-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks, Stacey!

I love you!!! :love:

And, personally, I don't like people who are too nice :angel: Makes you wonder what they are up to. :cloud9:

Give me someone like you who lets her little devil out... Now that's a fun friend!! :stir:

So carry on 'meanie'!! And we will all have a good laugh at ourselves ... :banana:

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 07:06 PM
Well, at least we know you're not a slob...

(now what was that about typos????)

eek that should hsow how tired I am..I am not neat..LOL I am beat

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 07:08 PM
I love you!!! :love:

And, personally, I don't like people who are too nice :angel: Makes you wonder what they are up to. :cloud9:

Give me someone like you who lets her little devil out... Now that's a fun friend!!

So carry on 'meanie'!! And we will all have a good laugh at ourselves ...

:thumbsup2 ::yes:: right on!!!!!!!!!!

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 07:09 PM
Because you are the author of the post you can open it up again and edit it. Works well for when you grab a top or a milestone post. You only see it on your own posts because those are the only posts you can edit! :)
THANK YOU . Guess I just never noticed it before. I REALLY need a Cruise. :confused3

DVCDebb
04-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey Look where I am for my 51st post. Finally

DBCS
04-25-2006, 07:14 PM

OH YES!!! Someone tell Barbara about the green thong photos!! :yay:

Or should we all meet on the 'secrete' deck 7 to hear this one????
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

WVMD
04-25-2006, 07:16 PM
OK Barb,
Taylor is posting now, and I was going to point her in the direction of the TAG ALONG thread...but I can not find it.....A little help please? amybe mine eyes are just not catching it

Here ya go!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1094833

Virgil
pirate:

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
thx virgil

DBCS
04-25-2006, 07:20 PM
OK Barb,

I think it was on the second page... I'll go try to bump it up...

WVMD
04-25-2006, 07:21 PM
OK - another computer tip that some may not know....

Did you know if you left click on the little check mark next to the title of the name of a thread - it will take you to the newest post - AND - if you right click on it you can select add to favorites? You then can just chose the thread in your favorite list and don't have to worry about finding it on the page.

Another new thingy from Virgil!

Virgil
pirate:

DBCS
04-25-2006, 07:24 PM
OK... 6:35 central and the Tag-a-Longs are on top....

DBCS
04-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Virgil,
Someone said something about a 'bookmark'????

Does this mark the last post you read?? :confused3

How do you do that? I keep loosing my place and it is scary
out there! pirate:

And speaking of pirate: . How do you know how to get a top?? Is there a counter somewhere??

I wanna play :yay:

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 07:44 PM
cool site. vote for the layout of the newest monopoly board:

http://www.hasbro.com/monopoly/

justmestace
04-25-2006, 07:45 PM

Did you know if you left click on the little check mark next to the title of the name of a thread - it will take you to the newest post - AND - if you right click on it you can select add to favorites? You then can just chose the thread in your favorite list and don't have to worry about finding it on the page.

Virgil
pirate:

Can you say that again....s l o w l y ...... :headache:

justmestace
04-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Maybe if I type really slowly I can get a U TOP. But now that I've mentioned it, it wouldn't be a U TOP, would it?

Fifteen posts on a page, and the next post is a TOP. I don't remember yesterday, let alone how the whole TOP thing got started.:confused3

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 07:48 PM
- if you right click on it you can select add to favorites? You then can just chose the thread in your favorite list and don't have to worry about finding it on the page.

Or you subscribe to the thread and then set your DIS User CP as your home page. That is, if you really want to get NOTHING done all day since everytime you pull up a browser window you'll see that someone else has posted. :)

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 07:57 PM
I see the youare 97 posts after the latest milestone..wonder who nabbed it!

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 07:58 PM
Maybe if I type really slowly I can get a U TOP. But now that I've mentioned it, it wouldn't be a U TOP, would it?

Fifteen posts on a page, and the next post is a TOP. I don't remember yesterday, let alone how the whole TOP thing got started.:confused3

Ist time for a top - I jusst logged on and have not counted?????

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:00 PM
Hey Look where I am for my 51st post. Finally

Congratulations....I rmember my 50th ....

ok, not really but is sounded good.... :stir:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:01 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/signs12/5.gif

Shouldn't that be Write??? :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:02 PM
eek that should hsow how tired I am..I am not neat..LOL I am beat

Hey Amanda - are you tired??????

WVMD
04-25-2006, 08:03 PM
Virgil,
Someone said something about a 'bookmark'????

Does this mark the last post you read?? :confused3

How do you do that? I keep loosing my place and it is scary
out there! pirate:

And speaking of pirate: . How do you know how to get a top?? Is there a counter somewhere??

I wanna play :yay:

The bookmark is the favorites list....

There are 15 posts to a page - so the 16th post - is a new top... and it starts all over again!

Virgil
pirate:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:06 PM
Thanks, Stacey!

hum,cannot resist.... :stir: must think of an appropriate retort.....

What is a re-tort --- some type of Alice in Wonderland pastery???

:stir: :stir: :stir:

Still thinking- I'm with Amanda - hard day.....and the folks I am staying with just looked at the smilie list and have decided I am nuts :goodvibes

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:09 PM
:scared1: Especially in matching DIS green thongs!!! :scared1:

Just bought a new green swimming suit...

NO...

It is not a thong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mickeymo
04-25-2006, 08:09 PM
I guess we will have to start a sub group of those people who want to drink and watch sunscreen dry...HMMMMM that may be everyone in the Double Scoop Group:rotfl2:

Now, to be a true science experiment - there's a control group (without alcohol) then there would be various types of alcohol groups - grain, grapes, etc...etc... :rotfl2:

Then the tests have to be run multiple times to verify the results...

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:10 PM
Been trying to read and catch up...but now I give up.

I did see that Mary asked if we wanted to do anything special. Anyone? Do we want to do a picture again? If we do, I can ask the gal at Disney Dining for the contact number, since I don't have it from last time. I was working with a group coordinator back then, so it was easier.

As for anything else.....we don't have as many days as we did at Christmas, so it makes it harder to do a wine tasting, scrapbooking, etc....at least I think so. Anyone?

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Now, to be a true science experiment - there's a control group (without alcohol) then there would be various types of alcohol groups - grain, grapes, etc...etc... :rotfl2:

See...now that sounds like a wine tasting party!

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:11 PM

It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator...well, I said It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator

It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator...well, I said It's GREAT to be a Florida Gator

mickeymo
04-25-2006, 08:12 PM
DH and I don't drink, so won't be able to take part in the sunscreen experiment. :guilty:

Yes, you can - we need the control group...

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:13 PM
JB's..... Whoever is in charge of this...we won't be able to make it. Like Sherry, our plane doesn't land until 4:30 or so. We'll just have to wait to see you all on Saturday. :sad1:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Seminoles... Florida Statehttp://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/fsu/graphics/fsu-05-logo-left-top.gif

And even though I am not a fam (edited to say) it is PC to post the Seminole Logo because the Seminole Tribe of Florida has approved the Logo and the mascot (horse and rider) -- honest - is true...

kikipug
04-25-2006, 08:15 PM
Or you subscribe to the thread and then set your DIS User CP as your home page. That is, if you really want to get NOTHING done all day since everytime you pull up a browser window you'll see that someone else has posted. :)

Or, if you are that easily distracted... subscribe to the thread (with NO e-mail notification), then go to your User CP page... bookmark THAT page in your favorites... when you go into your favorites, (this part's for you, Barb), click on the thread title... it brings you to the first post... click the "View first Unread" in the blue bar... it will bring you to the last page you read.

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:16 PM

What's that ya say??? I'm not quite sure they heard you IN ALASKA! :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: I've waited forever for an excuse to use this smilie.

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:16 PM
Good morning, everyone

Sue is not feeling well today....... either a really bad head cold, allergies or a sinus infection. When Sue takes to her bed, she is really feeling bad. So I get to pick up darling Nick (who is going on the cruise ) and Emily. I will have them until BIL picks them up. I do love those two cuties.

This will be my 100th post. A small milestone for me.

Have a good day.

Congrats on the 100thpost...

A top wiht Liz andher 100th post!!!!!!

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
OK, what are Noles?

I know _ I know -- ^(^(R$%^*&O(*&^&%&%*I^&(O*)*%$#^

edited t say - that "other team" that plays in florida..... :rotfl2:

you know, that used to be a "girls college" :rotfl2:

kikipug
04-25-2006, 08:17 PM
I did see that Mary asked if we wanted to do anything special. Anyone? Anyone?

Special... special... lets see... we've got group photo, book exchange, science experiments, teens sleeping together in hallways, what else??? (as if this crowd isn't SPECIAL enough!!!)

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:18 PM

ditto.... :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:19 PM
Hi cruisers..

We are apparently losing....

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:20 PM

Do you need a volunenteer??????? :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:21 PM

Ang

And that leaves me with what post?????? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

mickeymo
04-25-2006, 08:22 PM
Sure yall can! Every experiment needs a control group!:rotfl2:

That'll teach me not to DIS until later in the evening - as I'm catching up doing Virgil's thing - I'm repeating...

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:23 PM
So what you are saying is that we shoud refrain from wasting posts on things like.... oh let me think.... CRITIQUING OTHER PEOPLE'S SPELLING??????
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :banana: :banana: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Where is pokey-stick-guy when I need him????? :lmao: :lmao:

Really enjoying this thread!!

No - no - no ...it is

spelling other people's critiques!!!!!! :teeth:

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I forgot...I was going to say that if anyone asked me a question, I didn't read all the pages, so I'm not ignoring you...please ask again.

Amanda....ready to turn GREEN? I've had Madonna ticket offers from the MGM Grand, the Mirage, and the Bellagio......I almost wish I liked her!

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks - we do try and keep it up to date so that no important dates get missed.

Having said that and backing up what Mark said earlier I'm getting on my soap box for a moment:

We set the cut-off dates we do because of the work it takes to get the buttons and navigators ready and also to get them shipped out. We do this as our gift to everyone and to make the DIS group an easy to recognize and fun group.

Every cruise we have done this one someone has come to me after the cut-off and asks for a button. In one case the person had posted right after two of my reminder posts so I know they were on the boards. When I said production was done they threw a fit in pm.

So I'm giving everyone a warning now. If you haven't given us your infomation we need it no later than May 7th.

If we don't have a room number for you we will not make you buttons or add you to the list (sorry but we've been burned by making buttons and then no one picking them up...at least with a room number we can drop them off.)

If you e-mail me but I don't recognize you from the thread you won't be put on the list either. This is supposed to be about DIS friends - not some stranger none of us have ever "met". I know we have some very new people - in fact I had invited DVCDebb over from Cruise Critic. Yet they have all posted on the thread and introduced themselves and that is all we ask.

So that is it. If any of this makes people upset I'm sorry. Sad to say at least once each cruise someone is upset by it. Bottom line you have a little less than 2 weeks to get your info in to me. If you have been lurking up to this point now will be a good time to introduce yourself to the group and get to know each other.

Stepping off my soapbox now. :thanks:

A belated thank your for all you do so the cruise is more fun! :cheer2:

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:27 PM
And that leaves me with what post?????? :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I think I DID read back there somewhere that we already established the fact that we will NOT be able to post enough to hit either your age or mine! :sad: But don't feel bad....I was perusing Mary's site the other day and noticed that I am married to the oldest person in our DIS group. :sad2:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:28 PM
My mom said that she thought we had the mumps when we were little. I'm not so sure. I surely hope I don't get it. I haven't heard of any kind of outbreak in our area. But, guess you never know what you can pick up on a cruise.

Ang

Asked my Mother too -- she is not sure I have had the mumps. not sure I had the measles either .... oh goodie...

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:29 PM
Special... special... lets see... we've got group photo, book exchange, science experiments, teens sleeping together in hallways, what else??? (as if this crowd isn't SPECIAL enough!!!)

Ohhh...I guess I did see that John volunteered (or did Monica volunteer him?) to take the group photo! Or at least push the button, was that right? Did we pick a day/time?

justmestace
04-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Asked my Mother too -- she is not sure I have had the mumps. not sure I had the measles either .... oh goodie...

I have two older brothers to thank for me having had both. Should I be thanking them??

WDWLVR
04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
I think I DID read back there somewhere that we already established the fact that we will NOT be able to post enough to hit either your age or mine! :sad: But don't feel bad....I was perusing Mary's site the other day and noticed that I am married to the oldest person in our DIS group. :sad2:

You're married to Jeanne? :confused3

Yeah - a top with Stacey & Jeanne

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:31 PM
:stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:

we can make it - we can make it :stir: :stir: :stir:

huff, huff, puff, pufff

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Been trying to read and catch up...but now I give up.

I did see that Mary asked if we wanted to do anything special. Anyone? Do we want to do a picture again? If we do, I can ask the gal at Disney Dining for the contact number, since I don't have it from last time. I was working with a group coordinator back then, so it was easier.

As for anything else.....we don't have as many days as we did at Christmas, so it makes it harder to do a wine tasting, scrapbooking, etc....at least I think so. Anyone?

Let me see -- do we want wine - YES - do we want pictures - YES - do we want pictures with wine - hum, NO :banana:

TiggerInNY
04-25-2006, 08:33 PM
We are apparently losing....

The score is 4-1, Yankees are up right now. I obviously did NOT go to the game. DH and DS#1 went. You can't tell AJ that you're not going to the game cause of the weather. He's wearing his lucky underwear and socks. He's too funny. And cute. Sooo glad I didn't go. Me and the little guy went to see Ice Age 2. Not as good as the first, but cute.

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:34 PM
What's that ya say??? I'm not quite sure they heard you IN ALASKA! :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: :listen: I've waited forever for an excuse to use this smilie.
I said...

sjtracey
04-25-2006, 08:35 PM

Amen to that! I was going to post a crack about having a Free Shoes University fan on the board, but I think cyberspace ate the post.

--Samantha

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 08:36 PM
must go back to work....insert smilie of being flogged here....

:wave2:

WVMD
04-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I forgot...I was going to say that if anyone asked me a question, I didn't read all the pages, so I'm not ignoring you...please ask again.

Amanda....ready to turn GREEN? I've had Madonna ticket offers from the MGM Grand, the Mirage, and the Bellagio......I almost wish I liked her!

Of course the dates are the 27th and 28th of May.....

Virgil
pirate:

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 09:04 PM

KIKIPUG and I attended this years Outback Bowl (Florida vs Iowa) Free tickets, not because we liked either team...and let me tell you that is 1 of ONLY 3 CHEERS the students, band, cheerleaders etc knew, the other 2 were BLUE, ORANGE, BLUE, ORANGE!!! and GO GATORS GET UP AND GO...SInce I am not a Gator fan and have only been to 1 Gator event, I know all of their cheers...that is sad. just an FYI This Saturday is Gator Day at the Speedway..some big party they have every year, I am so happy I will be in BOSTON!!!!

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 09:04 PM

Wow! Lucky you! If it were not suring our cruise, Vegas was actually where I woud prefer to go. BUt we will be too busy sailing away! :sunny: Have you thought if maybe Megan would like to go? Especially if you can get the tix for free or really cheap, Madonna puts on a great show! Even for the casual fan.

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 09:05 PM

:lmao:

That really made me laugh!

Check the little guys out ... they're doing the wave (or at least they were when I was in the editor).

Ang

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 09:06 PM
KIKIPUG and I attended this years Outback Bowl (Florida vs Iowa) Free tickets, not because we liked either team...and let me tell you that is 1 of ONLY 3 CHEERS the students, band, cheerleaders etc knew, the other 2 were BLUE, ORANGE, BLUE, ORANGE!!! and GO GATORS GET UP AND GO...SInce I am not a Gator fan and have only been to 1 Gator event, I know all of their cheers...that is sad. just an FYI This Saturday is Gator Day at the Speedway..some big party they have every year, I am so happy I will be in BOSTON!!!!

So, you will give us your ticket?????? :thumbsup2

dzneprincess
I know i know i said I was off to bed. I did lay down ad ntried to read over my digital electronics book, I have to restest sigh...all that did was make my brain hurt more///I thught I would get up and check out any new posts and any PM's....So feel free to posts away blabbermouths! I am going to bed! Fore realls this time!

Coachpug
I know _ I know -- ^(^(R$%^*&O(*&^&%&%*I^&(O*)*%$#^

edited t say - that "other team" that plays in florida..... :rotfl2:

you know, that used to be a "girls college" :rotfl2:

FSU being a former Girls school is not bad if you are a GUY!! :teeth: Better ratio that way, and trust me having worked in Higher Education at one point, that is one of the questions the High School boys would ask, what is the girl to guy ratio!!!

CajunGirl2
04-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Night, night all. I'm going to bed. I'm tired AND in a bad mood.

Ang

justmestace
04-25-2006, 09:09 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oops...I am soooo sorry! I forgot poor Jeanne!

But, thanks for pointing out my stupidity....NOW who's the Meanie??? ;) ;) ;)

LOL....T.O.P. with MARY and JEANNE!

dzneprincess
04-25-2006, 09:10 PM
PS before I go I got this from another website i play at
Who do you look like http://www.myheritage.com/ I did it ( it is real not a joke) and It said I looked like Gina Lolabrigida?? Who is she? I am off to google now
Some others Pamela Anderson Rita Hayworth MIchelle Rodriguez Anette Benning LARRY FLYNT?!?!? Matt Damon and Pricilla presely....

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 09:11 PM
cool site. vote for the layout of the newest monopoly board:

http://www.hasbro.com/monopoly/
That's cool!! Did you see the WDW has 91% of the vote so far???

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 09:13 PM
I said...

Gators tend to repeat themselves, sort of a way to brainwash themselves into believing it:rotfl:
I do have to say I am a FAN of FSU, I was not an attendee, I did apply but decided to stay in New England, so I could find my wife :love:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 09:14 PM
Well - we made it back - got in a couple of hours ago. Trying to finish up getting organzied before Frances and I go back to work - and Lauren to school tomorrow. We had a great time - just too short. Frances commented at how short the cruise was (this is from the wife who had to be begged to go on our first 3 day)...

I gave up trying to keep up with the pages - as it just wasn't going to happen. We had terrible internet access on the ship - and the problems continued at SSR - we had to be given an access code to gain access - (NO - before the comments start - it wasn't because of the Mac....LOL ) They have apparently been having troubles for a week or so.

I'll try to give a more complete report later - just wanted to stop by and say Hi!

Virgil

pirate:

Welcome back - htere is no way can catch up on all the posts......

tinksdad

A TRUE scientist!!! :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

justmestace
Of course the dates are the 27th and 28th of May.....

Virgil
pirate:

Shhhhh....she didn't have to know that!!

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 09:15 PM
It is has been a busy couple of days. This is the first time I checked in since Saturday morning. Saturday was Matt's birthday. He finally got his official set of Jeep keys. He does not have a full license so I'm still in control.

The helicopter lesson was a great big hit.
http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/251/251591/folders/213679/1880170Matthelicopter.jpg

It was suspose to be about 2 hours long, but ended up being 4 hours. The instructor spent a lot of time with Matt going over all the equipment. Matt got to help with the pre-flight check list. They were in the air for 60 minutes and Matt got to fly half that time. It was a pretty cool experience.

We tried to meet up with Virgil since they were in WDW, but our schedule got messed up. We did make it to the Pie Festival, but got rained on. It did not stop Matt and Lisa from eating. They eat pie for 2 hours.

Big fun.

Gosh - see what I missed..........Great Job Matt!!!!!

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 09:16 PM
So, you will give us your ticket?????? :thumbsup2

The Outback bowl was New Years Day, I can give the ticket if you want..it is useless now since the game was played in January:rotfl2:

chip&dale&fun
Gators tend to repeat themselves, sort of a way to brainwash themselves into believing it:rotfl:
I do have to say I am a FAN of FSU, I was not an attendee, I did apply but decided to stay in New England, so I could find my wife :love:

I am sorry -- did you say something?

something?

something????????? :teeth:

justmestace
Wow! Lucky you! If it were not suring our cruise, Vegas was actually where I woud prefer to go. BUt we will be too busy sailing away! :sunny: Have you thought if maybe Megan would like to go? Especially if you can get the tix for free or really cheap, Madonna puts on a great show! Even for the casual fan.

Oops...looks like she already knew!

I can't give them to Megan...they would be free tickets, but I have to be there to claim them.

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 09:18 PM
Shhhhh....she didn't have to know that!!

Hey - Aren't you supposed to be cooking dinner???

OK - so I am supposed to be working....

WDWLVR
04-25-2006, 09:19 PM

Oops...I am soooo sorry! I forgot poor Jeanne!

LOL....T.O.P. with MARY and JEANNE!

That's me - mean old Mary.

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 09:21 PM
The Outback bowl was New Years Day, I can give the ticket if you want..it is useless now since the game was played in January:rotfl2:

Ok - well, I thought you said you will be in Boston...but hey, it is late, I am tired........but maybe with a Sharpie, I could change the date to 2007????

Can you spell --- J*A*I*L :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
04-25-2006, 09:23 PM
38160 is a very lucky number :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:
maybe we shoud all go buy Lotto tickets :stir: :stir: :stir:

tchrmom
04-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Fran, what time do you think you'll go to Grills?

I'm not sure.......and Dave has gone to bed. I don't think we'll leave here till at least 1......at the earliest. I also remember it taking at least 2 1/2 hours to get to the port..............And....we need to remember that it is a Friday, going through Orlando...........so, I have no idea! HAHAHAHAHAHA! :rotfl2:

I'll try and pin Dave down on this later........
Fran
:teacher:

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 09:27 PM
And I'm the one that packs her lunch/dinner for the next day. It is already in her carryout container for tomorrow. :cheer2:

When was the last time your husband packed your lunch/dinner 5 days a week? (insert pokey stick guy here)

Hey -- my husband cooks for me almost every day and does make my lunch sometimes. He is such a good hubby:goodvibes

justmestace
04-25-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey - Aren't you supposed to be cooking dinner???

OK - so I am supposed to be working....

Yes.....:guilty: ....but now am thinking pizza delivery. Oh wait, they don't deliver out here.....:scratchin

Besides, I had to try that face thing Amanda did. The best match for me was Geri Halliwell...wasn't she a Spice Girl? That wasn't too bad, but when it got to Elton John and Ernest Borgnine, I got insulted! :badpc:

tinksdad
04-25-2006, 09:29 PM

That would be me!!! :rolleyes1 :wave2:

justmestace
04-25-2006, 09:32 PM
That's me - mean old Mary.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Nuh uh! I was only teasing!

justmestace
04-25-2006, 09:33 PM
That would be me!!! :rolleyes1 :wave2:

There...see....he admits it!

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 09:35 PM
Who do you look like http://www.myheritage.com/ I did it ( it is real not a joke) and It said I looked like Gina Lolabrigida?? Who is she? I am off to google now
Some others Pamela Anderson Rita Hayworth MIchelle Rodriguez Anette Benning LARRY FLYNT?!?!? Matt Damon and Pricilla presely....

OK I tried this with 3 different pictures of myself...not one time did they come back with the same group.. I posted a picture of me with Steven Tyler, and guess what, he didn't match his own picture....One of the people in my group was Eddie Murphy...but it also brought back Keifer Sutherland...so it must be accurate:rotfl: ... now I can tell my DW she has a Keifer lookalike...yeah right..once she stops laughing

kikipug
04-25-2006, 09:43 PM
OK I tried this with 3 different pictures of myself...not one time did they come back with the same group.. I posted a picture of me with Steven Tyler, and guess what, he didn't match his own picture....One of the people in my group was Eddie Murphy...but it also brought back Keifer Sutherland...so it must be accurate:rotfl: ... now I can tell my DW she has a Keifer lookalike...yeah right..once she stops laughing

You look more like Keifer than you look like Eddie Murphy, that's for sure!!! (Wait... you forgot... it also said you look like Winston Churchill)

Mine came back with Bridget Fonda & Melanie Griffith... nope... don't think so...

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 09:47 PM
You look more like Keifer than you look like Eddie Murphy, that's for sure!!! (Wait... you forgot... it also said you look like Winston Churchill)

Mine came back with Bridget Fonda & Melanie Griffith... nope... don't think so...

Also John Ritter and Ricky Martin, pretty wide range of people I Will stick with Keifer..we all can dream can't we:wizard: :cloud9:

Your list came back with a lot more better looking people than mine did, although you also had Hillary Clinton so I guess that evens it out :rotfl2:

TiggerInNY
04-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Ok guys...I gotta go to bed. My eyes are killing me and I'm fading fast. See you all in the morning.

MarkRG
04-25-2006, 09:59 PM

...not if you're in someone's backyard, then they lasso you, throw you in a truck and toss you back in the swamp.. ;)

kikipug
04-25-2006, 10:03 PM
So, all of you fellow DIS'ers... you be the judge... does this look like Hillary Clinton and Winston Churchill to you????

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/kikipug/Stars2.jpg

Just put Elizabeth's picture in... it came back with Natalie Wood (with 2 different pix that I tried) and... get this... Evander Holyfield!!!!????!!!!!!

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 10:03 PM

Virgil
pirate:

Thank you Virgil and your "thingys"

Coachpug
04-25-2006, 10:08 PM
So, all of you fellow DIS'ers... you be the judge... does this look like Hillary Clinton and Winston Churchill to you????

Just put Elizabeth's picture in... it came back with Natalie Wood (with 2 different pix that I tried) and... get this... Evander Holyfield!!!!????!!!!!!

OR Melanie Griffith and Keifer Sutherland??? then you can decide how well this site works, I am sure it still needs the bugs worked out...

justmestace
04-25-2006, 10:18 PM
...not if you're in someone's backyard, then they lasso you, throw you in a truck and toss you back in the swamp.. ;)

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

MarkRG
04-25-2006, 10:23 PM

If Da Coach needs to start buffing up his speech skills, here's an excerpt from memory:

We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with great confidence and great strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!

BTW- I think that thing is nuts. The local morning news used it a few days back and it gave them totally bizarre results too.

Wee! A top with the Pugs and Winston Churchill!

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 10:24 PM
OK guys, I finally got all caught up. Have been really busy last 2 days and will continue to be for the rest of the week. They are installing our new air conditioning tomorrow, so no work at the office for me. I get to stay home. Dale has an orchestra competition tomorrow across town. They are supposed to play at 5:15. He doesn't get out of school until 3:45. That should be really interesting.

On Thursday Ashley has her exit interview for confirmation. She is really nervous about it. THen the family all starts arriving on Friday, Ashley's confirmation on Saturday, Swim Meet on Sunday then family gone on Monday.

ohioMickey
04-25-2006, 11:04 PM
We shall go on to the end, we shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with great confidence and great strength in the air, we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!

December 7, 1941... a date which will live in infamy.

Okay, this is really getting weird now.

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 11:08 PM

I had a pic of me and the two kids.
Here's the results.
Nick looks like Julion Iglesias, Tiger Woods and...HILLARY DUFF!
KT looks like Calista Flockhart (ally mcbeal), Kellie Clarkson, and Keira Knightley (elizabeth swan)....
I'm Annette Benning, Debra Winger, and....TONY DANZA! :confused3

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 11:11 PM

I am just FLABBERGASTED that Winston Churchill and FDR have posted on this thread. They are quoted! They say "Originally posted by...."

WOW. How did I miss that? :confused3

Mary, are you making them buttons?

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 11:26 PM
Karen (OM) so nice to see your husband posting. Tried to get mine to post, but he hasn't shown interest yet. Of course he says he can never get on the computer, because I am always on this one and my son is always on the other one:rotfl2:

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Karen (OhioMinnie) By the way, where are you guys staying the night before?? I am sure Ashley would love to meet KT before the cruise. I know there are several of us at the Rad, but now I don't remember who all is staying there. I had thought about trying one of the newer places, but I got a really good rate at the Rad. and the kids love the pool there.

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 11:29 PM

Welcome Dr. Mike

ohiominnie
04-25-2006, 11:30 PM
Karen (OhioMinnie) By the way, where are you guys staying the night before?? I am sure Ashley would love to meet KT before the cruise. I know there are several of us at the Rad, but now I don't remember who all is staying there. I had thought about trying one of the newer places, but I got a really good rate at the Rad. and the kids love the pool there.

My travel agent (ohioMickey) will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we're at the airport Hyatt pre-cruise. We find sniffing jet fuel fumes before a cruise REALLY makes us appreciate the ocean air!! :lmao: :lmao:

what about exchanging emails? I'll PM you with KT's email and then maybe they can talk. :)

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 11:33 PM
My travel agent (ohioMickey) will correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure we're at the airport Hyatt pre-cruise. We find sniffing jet fuel fumes before a cruise REALLY makes us appreciate the ocean air!! :lmao: :lmao:

what about exchanging emails? I'll PM you with KT's email and then maybe they can talk. :)

sniffing jet fuel fumes, sounds like fun (not);) I think they have exchanged a few greetings on the teen board, but Ashley hasn't had very much time to visit there with her school, band, swimming and confirmation all going on.

BWVPam
04-25-2006, 11:38 PM
Actually, I have always wanted to try the Hyatt out, but the price has never been right.

ohioMickey
04-26-2006, 05:28 AM
Welcome Dr. Mike

Thanks!

chip&dale&fun
04-26-2006, 06:33 AM
Good Morning - everyone have a good sleep? :sunny:

chip&dale&fun
04-26-2006, 06:35 AM
OK guys, I finally got all caught up. Have been really busy last 2 days and will continue to be for the rest of the week. They are installing our new air conditioning tomorrow, so no work at the office for me. I get to stay home. Dale has an orchestra competition tomorrow across town. They are supposed to play at 5:15. He doesn't get out of school until 3:45. That should be really interesting.

On Thursday Ashley has her exit interview for confirmation. She is really nervous about it. THen the family all starts arriving on Friday, Ashley's confirmation on Saturday, Swim Meet on Sunday then family gone on Monday.

Ashley will be fine - have a blessed ceremony on Saturday....

chip&dale&fun
04-26-2006, 06:37 AM

Too true :sad2:

dobelover
04-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Good Morning All - Some TERRIBLE bug or virus or something grabbed me. Feeling human today.

Sue

Oh No, I share a top with Illness!

ohiominnie
04-26-2006, 07:07 AM
Actually, I have always wanted to try the Hyatt out, but the price has never been right.

Well, the Hyatt is weird. We stayed there once for about $130 a night---which was perfect b/c our flight landed about 11:30pm.

Then last year I wanted to stay there when just the kids and I were going down alone (to see Sir Scuba and Grandma Lightbulb) but then it was $230 a night!! We ended up shuttling it to the Hampton Inn which turned out to be very convenient and easy. Don't really know what this stay will cost us, but I KNOW it's not $230 or we'd never have stayed there!!

WDWLVR
04-26-2006, 07:09 AM
I am just FLABBERGASTED that Winston Churchill and FDR have posted on this thread. They are quoted! They say "Originally posted by...."

WOW. How did I miss that? :confused3

Mary, are you making them buttons?

Nope they never sent me an e-mail saying they wanted them. :lmao:

WDWLVR
04-26-2006, 07:12 AM
:flower1: Good morning cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Wednesday!

Sue - glad to hear you are feeling better. We missed you!

whnim64
04-26-2006, 07:39 AM
OK, the face recognition program just matched me to Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) on the first try! After scrolling through the rest of the pic, DS agreed that I matched Harry Potter best. Thanks, Caleb!

CajunGirl2
04-26-2006, 07:43 AM
Good morning all!

Sue, glad you're feeling better.

Ang

ohioMickey
04-26-2006, 07:50 AM
Nope they never sent me an e-mail saying they wanted them. :lmao:

That's only because they haven't learned how to email yet. ;)

whnim64
04-26-2006, 07:52 AM
Happy hump-day, everyone. Sue, glad you are feeling better. It's sunny, but cold here this morning, only in the 30's! DS is protesting because he can't wear shorts and crocs to school today.

mickeymo
04-26-2006, 07:56 AM
Well, the Hyatt is weird. We stayed there once for about $130 a night---which was perfect b/c our flight landed about 11:30pm.

Then last year I wanted to stay there when just the kids and I were going down alone (to see Sir Scuba and Grandma Lightbulb) but then it was $230 a night!! We ended up shuttling it to the Hampton Inn which turned out to be very convenient and easy. Don't really know what this stay will cost us, but I KNOW it's not $230 or we'd never have stayed there!!

Speaking of Grandma Lightbult - how is she doing?

ohiominnie
04-26-2006, 08:04 AM
Speaking of Grandma Lightbult - how is she doing?

Thx for asking. Seems like maintenance chemo has thrown her more for a loop than her treatment chemo. She's quite tired all the time. She'll take a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood and come home and sleep for 3 hours. But, even in spite of that, she's found time to pick up new hobbies--like crochet (KT got a homemade OSU pillow and afghan for Christmas) and stay active in her church....she just won a prize in some show they had (ohioMickey...do you remember what category she won in??)

Her CA-125 (the ovarian chemo blood marker) numbers are GREAT!! Her oncologist is pleased.

So, all in all, things are good. :)

ladypoo
04-26-2006, 08:08 AM
good morning all... hot and humid here. feels like rain

CajunGirl2
04-26-2006, 08:11 AM
ladypoo, I may have asked before but ... any suggestions on a hotel in Valdosta? Think we may drive down 1/2 way on Thurs. night ... not this Thurs., but the Thurs. before the cruise.

Ang

mickeymo
04-26-2006, 08:11 AM
Maggie just posted in the "tag-along" thread (I forgot to log her in...) so, it's up near the top... :cool1:

mickeymo
04-26-2006, 08:21 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

Did the face recognition thingy on a cruise photo of the kids and me from 2004 ....1st responses...Maggie: Shirley Temple - so far so good. Me: Jason Biggs (????) and Mike: Anne Hathaway... :lmao: That was under the "All" gender...

click to our appropriate genders: . Me: Helen Clark, Shari Arison and Natalie Portman...Mike - well, nothing came up under his...just Anne Hathaway, Jamie Lynn Spears, and Rachel Leigh Cook...

I only know who Anne Hathaway and Natalie Portman are...Had to Google - Helen Clark - Prime Minister of New Zealand...Shari Arison - richest woman in Israel.. hmm - I wonder if I could claim to be a long lost relative :lmao:

I'll have to find a different photo for Mike...

sjtracey
04-26-2006, 08:26 AM
Good Morning All - Some TERRIBLE bug or virus or something grabbed me. Feeling human today.

Sue

Oh No, I share a top with Illness!

Oh yuck! Glad to hear you're feeling better this morning, though!

--Samantha

DBCS
04-26-2006, 08:28 AM

Don't forget the 'Lime-green-thong story time' on 'secrete' deck 7!! :rolleyes2

Has anyone told that story yet??? Did I miss it??? :confused3

:cheer2: OH!!! Did I get a top by being a smarta@*??? So that is how yall do it. :rotfl2:

mickeymo
04-26-2006, 08:30 AM
Don't forget the 'Lime-green-thong story time' on 'secrete' deck 7!! :rolleyes2

Has anyone told that story yet??? Did I miss it??? :confused3

:cheer2: OH!!! Did I get a top by being a smarta@*??? So that is how yall do it. :rotfl2:

And of course, the navy seals... ;)

sjtracey
04-26-2006, 08:40 AM
Good morning, all! Happy Humpday! I took off today because Erin has an appointment (FINALLY!) with a urologist - trying to get to the bottom of what's been causing her problems this year. Hopefully we'll get a better diagnosis than, "Oh, just have her do Kegels." Uh, how do you get a 5-year-old to do THAT?!?!?!

Anyway, I figured I'd take the whole day off so we can finish Erin's spring/summer shopping so she'll have something to wear on her feet during the cruise. She's pretty much done in the clothes department (it helps that she can finally get a second year of wear out a season's clothes), but if I see her wearing a skirt with sneakers one more time, I'll scream.

So wish us luck at the doctor's. I really hope we can get some answers...

--Samantha

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 08:43 AM
Samantha -- good luck with Erin's appointment.

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 08:44 AM
Sue -- glad you are feeling better as well.

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 08:46 AM
OH Boy, I am excited because I get to stay home today. Then I have to take off on Friday at 1:00. When I go back to work on Monday, I only have 3 weeks and 2 days of work before vacation time:sunny:

It is hard to believe that this is finally here. So much to do

cgcw
04-26-2006, 08:47 AM
Excuse the interuption, but someone on this thread just hit a major posting milestone.

I thought I'd drop by with the link to her congratulations thread! :cool1: :cool1:

Mary hits 17,000 posts! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1096036)

tinksdad
04-26-2006, 08:59 AM
:cheer2: Congrats Mary!!! That's a whole lotta posts!! :cheer2:

kikipug
04-26-2006, 09:10 AM
if I see her wearing a skirt with sneakers one more time, I'll scream.

Be glad she doesn't live in our school district... no sandals, nothing with an open toe or open back, or overly chunky heel... so what does that leave... sneakers... with almost everything... especially for a 12 year old with size 8.5 feet...

Hello... this is FLORIDA... the place where you are SUPPOSED to wear summer shoes year round... nope... not according to the county!

(So, yes, pink Vans or K-Swiss with a skirt is a perfectly acceptable fashion statement around here!)

sjtracey
04-26-2006, 09:11 AM
Excuse the interuption, but someone on this thread just hit a major posting milestone.

I thought I'd drop by with the link to her congratulations thread! :cool1: :cool1:

Mary hits 17,000 posts! (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1096036)

Whoa... That's a LOT of posts! Congratulations!!!

--Samantha

sjtracey
04-26-2006, 09:13 AM
Be glad she doesn't live in our school district... no sandals, nothing with an open toe or open back, or overly chunky heel... so what does that leave... sneakers... with almost everything... especially for a 12 year old with size 8.5 feet...

Hello... this is FLORIDA... the place where you are SUPPOSED to wear summer shoes year round... nope... not according to the county!

(So, yes, pink Vans or K-Swiss with a skirt is a perfectly acceptable fashion statement around here!)

I'm glad she doesn't have those restrictions on her yet. (Although they don't allow open-toe shoes where she is either.) What a pain! I guess I wouldn't mind the sneakers/skirt combo if the sneakers weren't WAY past their prime. The pink/purple Sketchers were cute 6 months ago, but now they're so grimy and worn, they don't look good with ANYTHING!

--Samantha

mickeymo
04-26-2006, 09:15 AM

Ditto in our elementary school too, except today my 8 year old athletic daughter is wearing a really cute pink top, flared denim skirt and her basketball high tops (not converse...) no, cute fashion statement tennis shoes for her....- although they could wear a sandal with a heel strap and change for recess and PE.

DBCS
04-26-2006, 09:18 AM

Pam... What kind of special rate did you get at the Rad?? I think ours was not great... holiday weekend?? Anyway it was not nearly as good as the rate we got last time! :furious:

TiggerInNY
04-26-2006, 10:16 AM
Hi Barbara,

We're staying at the Radisson, too. We got a rate of $179 back in February. That's for a King bed with sleeper sofa. We were trying to stay at the new Residence Inn but because it's a holiday weekend, they were only taking ressies for a 3-night minimum. No good for us. Guess we'll see you there.

TiggerInNY
04-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Cruise question!!!!

I'm starting to gather my thoughts about gifts for the counselors. Do you think Wal-Mart gift certificates are OK? I know they can't personally keep them, but is there a Wal-Mart near the port that they can go to? Any other suggestions if this one isn't right? Thanks.

TiggerInNY
04-26-2006, 10:28 AM
While it looks like no one else is here...mayb I could pirate: a TOP!!!????

Woo Woo - it worked!!!

pixiedust:

ohioMickey
04-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Thx for asking. Seems like maintenance chemo has thrown her more for a loop than her treatment chemo. She's quite tired all the time. She'll take a 20 minute walk around the neighborhood and come home and sleep for 3 hours. But, even in spite of that, she's found time to pick up new hobbies--like crochet (KT got a homemade OSU pillow and afghan for Christmas) and stay active in her church....she just won a prize in some show they had (ohioMickey...do you remember what category she won in???)

karaoke... really!

CodyJ
04-26-2006, 10:52 AM
Good Morning, Everyone

Sue, I am so glad that you are feeling better. :thumbsup2

Liz

CodyJ
04-26-2006, 10:58 AM
In the continuing saga of Cody, the diabetic dog....

He is at the Vets right now with DH having his IV site from last week's crisis checked out. My sweet boy just goes with the flow. I am hoping for a good report.

Each time Cody walks by us, I tell DH that there goes our Fall anniversary cruise. paw: paw: paw: :boat:

Have a good day.

Liz

kikipug
04-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Cruise question!!!!

I'm starting to gather my thoughts about gifts for the counselors.

They get to spend an ENTIRE week with all of our wonderful children... what better gift is there???? :rotfl:

justmestace
04-26-2006, 11:42 AM
If Da Coach needs to start buffing up his speech skills, here's an excerpt from memory:

BTW- I think that thing is nuts. The local morning news used it a few days back and it gave them totally bizarre results too.

Wee! A top with the Pugs and Winston Churchill!

Jay swears that all new babies look exactly like Winston Churchill. Or maybe it was because all of ours were BALD!

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 11:46 AM
Pam... What kind of special rate did you get at the Rad?? I think ours was not great... holiday weekend?? Anyway it was not nearly as good as the rate we got last time! :furious:

Barbara -- because I do a lot of work with our Local Radisson, the Sales Manager called and got us a rate of either $99 or $109, I would have to look at the resv.

justmestace
04-26-2006, 11:47 AM
Well, I got out of cooking dinner last night...but not exactly in the way that I would have wished. I had a little accident. NO...not while cooking!

Stupid story, actually. I was sitting on a footstool, asking my guys what they wanted for dinner, when the stool decided to collapse. (must truly be diet time). Anyway, some of you know that I have a bad back to begin with....and I didn't do it any favors last night. I was pretty miserable. It seems to be a whole lot better this morning, just a little touchy, so I guess I didn't do any more permanent damage. :sad2: But I'm going to have to be darn careful for a while. All I could think of was this cruise.......I really thought I had blown it big time!

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 11:48 AM
Hi Stacey -- have you adjusted to being back home yet?? Before you know it, you will be leaving again:goodvibes

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 11:49 AM
Well, I got out of cooking dinner last night...but not exactly in the way that I would have wished. I had a little accident. NO...not while cooking!

Stupid story, actually. I was sitting on a footstool, asking my guys what they wanted for dinner, when the stool decided to collapse. (must truly be diet time). Anyway, some of you know that I have a bad back to begin with....and I didn't do it any favors last night. I was pretty miserable. It seems to be a whole lot better this morning, just a little touchy, so I guess I didn't do any more permanent damage. :sad2: But I'm going to have to be darn careful for a while. All I could think of was this cruise.......I really thought I had blown it big time!

Glad you did not seriously injure yourself!!

justmestace
04-26-2006, 11:57 AM
Hi Stacey -- have you adjusted to being back home yet?? Before you know it, you will be leaving again:goodvibes

I'm pretty well caught up. I WAS wondering why I torture myself by coming and going so often.

THIRTY DAYS! Do you believe it!!?? :cheer2: party:

tinksdad
04-26-2006, 11:59 AM
I HATE a hurt back!! Nothing like trying to hold yourself up off the vanity while you're brushing your teeth..... ouch, ouch!! :confused3 :sad2:

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Maria -- I thought of you this morning. I was folding clothes and had the tv on Martha. Johnny Damon was the guest. Seems like a nice guy. They had a bunch of little league kids on the show all wearing yankee shirts. Said the Yankees won last night, was that the game you went to???

justmestace
04-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Glad you did not seriously injure yourself!!

Landing on my bu** is the worst fall I could take. I was pretty upset last night...but so glad that it doesn't seem to have caused any major trouble. It just makes me mad when something like that happens. Mad that I have to be so careful, mad that the stupid stool decided to cave in, mad that nothing can be done to "fix" my back......
But this morning.....glad that all is well and it's a beautiful day.....

BWVPam
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
Well gotta run, gotta go get some more housework done since I am not working at the office today. Check in later:sunny:

tinksdad
04-26-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm pretty well caught up. I WAS wondering why I torture myself by coming and going so often.

THIRTY DAYS! Do you believe it!!?? :cheer2: party:
I told Alicia this morning that in less than a month we were going to in WDW!!

She says: Yeahhhhhhh!!! :thumbsup2

I know, I'll tell her she can't go unless her room is clean...... :stir:

justmestace
04-26-2006, 12:02 PM
I HATE a hurt back!! Nothing like trying to hold yourself up off the vanity while you're brushing your teeth..... ouch, ouch!! :confused3 :sad2:

Nothing like having to have someone help you get on and off the toidy.:guilty:

ohiominnie
04-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Cruise question!!!!

I'm starting to gather my thoughts about gifts for the counselors. Do you think Wal-Mart gift certificates are OK? I know they can't personally keep them, but is there a Wal-Mart near the port that they can go to? Any other suggestions if this one isn't right? Thanks.

:confused3 :confused3 They can't keep them??? I know if they get cash tips, they have to pool that together and split it amongst all of the counsellors, but I had heard gift cards were theirs to keep.....and everytime we've handed one over to a counsellor, they've immediately put it in their pocket!!

We started by getting international phone cards at Sam's Club but then heard most CM's have cell phones and don't need them. So we switched to $10 Wal*mart cards. Usually the kids give out 2 or 3 to their favorite counsellors. They go up that person and say "I just wanted to tell you that you made my cruise MAGICAL.....so I want you to have this to thank you." The CM's almost always are flabbergasted!! They have been near tears. They hug the kids and are just smiles for a long time. No way *I* could do their job!!!

There is a Wal*mart near the port--and the "Fun Bus" will take them there on Port Canaveral days.

Hope this helps!

justmestace
04-26-2006, 12:04 PM
I told Alicia this morning that in less than a month we were going to in WDW!!

She says: Yeahhhhhhh!!! :thumbsup2

I know, I'll tell her she can't go unless her room is clean...... :stir:

That one hasn't worked for the last 5 trips, why would it work now???

CodyJ
04-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Stacey, so sorry to hear about your 'collapse' and was glad to hear that you are feeling better today.

Cody and DH back from vet. Doesn't look too serious, just got ointment/cream to put on it. If he starts to lick it, we have to put the cone/collar on. Then he looks like space dog. The things we do for love.

:)

scuba.mom
04-26-2006, 12:25 PM

Or, they dress every day in t-shirt and shorts (or jeans). I think this has been Lisa's "uniform" for years now. The only time we can get her in a dress is Church and special occassions (Cotillion). So, when you see her all dressed up on formal night - it won't be the look we see around our house very often. (However, other than the other gymnasts and dancers in the group, we probably see the leotard look more often than most parents)

sjtracey
04-26-2006, 12:35 PM
Cruise question!!!!

I'm starting to gather my thoughts about gifts for the counselors.

I really need to think about that too... How many counselors do you usually do gifts for?

--Samantha

ohiominnie
04-26-2006, 12:41 PM

YEOWZER!!! Take care of yourself!! We NEED you on this cruise!!!! :grouphug:

ohiominnie
04-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Cody and DH back from vet. Doesn't look too serious, just got ointment/cream to put on it. If he starts to lick it, we have to put the cone/collar on. Then he looks like space dog. The things we do for love.

:)

Oh man, I remember when Maggie had that on for two weeks (one week post spay, the next week for complications after spay)....

Her favorite thing was to run up behind you and go between your legs. Well, with the sattelite dish on her head that meant you got chopped in the back of the knees everytime she came near. Yeouch!

Glad it's not too serious for Cody. :)

kikipug
04-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Or, they dress every day in t-shirt and shorts (or jeans). I think this has been Lisa's "uniform" for years now. The only time we can get her in a dress is Church and special occassions (Cotillion). So, when you see her all dressed up on formal night - it won't be the look we see around our house very often. (However, other than the other gymnasts and dancers in the group, we probably see the leotard look more often than most parents)

Elizabeth goes through phases... (each lasting about 24 hours)... either its jeans and a t-shirt, or she's dressed to the nines... I honestly think she'd dress up for school every day if getting there didn't involve riding a bike, (and the shoe policy... she can't wear most of the shoes she owns...). She was all excited last night to find out that the banquet honoring the graduating seniors in our church youth group is BEFORE the cruise... one more chance to wear one of her new dresses!

ohiominnie
04-26-2006, 12:48 PM
I really need to think about that too... How many counselors do you usually do gifts for?

--Samantha

We usually take 10 $10 cards. 4 *usually* go to our 4 tipped position people (server, assistant server, stateroom host, head server) although we've been known not to give the head server one if he doesn't come around except for tip night. :)
That leaves 6 or 7 to give to counsellors if need be....although I think the MOST the kids have ever given out was 5 combined between the two of them. Last cruise, Nick hardly spent any time in the club so he didn't give out any.

We figure if they don't get handed out, at least we can use them when we get back. :) Wal*mart had some cute Pooh character ones in January....don't know if they are still there.

LegalBriefs
04-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey all! Well, its getting close, so, :thumbsup2 I will try to be on the boards with more frequency! You are most talkative bunch I have ever seen, which is very cool, but... wow... my inbox is always full! :surfweb: LOL... I am glad to see some friends from past cruises here, especially my dear friends Fran and Dave... Those of you that are not aware, Fran has those "Crazy dancin' feet!" :dancer: So, MOST nights we will be in the club, so, come join us... oh, and if there is a good Mojito to be found at some event, COUNT ME IN! :drinking1 lol! I am looking forward to getting to know you all better! :cool1:

WDWLVR
04-26-2006, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone - checking in at lunch. Thanks for all the well wishes here and on the congratulations thread. I know that is an area most people don't get to very often so thanks to my friend Cindy for linking it. Hard to believe I'm at 17,000 already. I really didn't post that much in my first couple years on here. The 10 day group changed all that and then with 2 Member Cruise threads and the blabbermouths it all adds up. :lmao:

Stacey - sorry to hear about your fall. Take care. Karen is right - we need you on this cruise!

CajunGirl2
04-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Nothing like having to have someone help you get on and off the toidy.:guilty:

Ouch! I was there 6 months ago... no fun! I'm glad that you didn't hurt yourself too badly.

Ang