PDA

View Full Version : 5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 8

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

justmestace
03-27-2006, 11:24 AM
And while we're at it... here's the monkey for all of our DD's who LIVE on the telephone...

http://www.dewimurni-artshop.com/woodcarving/images/crafts-112.jpg

You know, I had to really look closely at that. I think I need new glasses.

Oh, that's just BAAAD....a milestone with Kiki's wooden monkey.

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 8 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=653643

Hedgie
03-27-2006, 11:25 AM
DID I GET IT?

BWVPam
Very slow on the boards, came by the house for a few minutes before heading back to office

goingthedistance
trying to pirate: a milestone!!!

kikipug
Scoopie hasn't been out to play... his hosts are too busy... forgot to bring him to AK on Saturday!!!!!

chip&dale&fun
Hi Mary----- who got it - cannot tell 'puter too slow!!!

BWVPam
03-27-2006, 11:27 AM
Stacey got it!!

RachelTori
03-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Stacey, :woohoo: you're on a roll today, girl!! All those TOP's in a row, now you snag #33000!! WTG!!! :woohoo:

WDWLVR
03-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Congrats to Stacey on post #33,000

Congrats to Hedgie on reply #33,000

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Uh oh....am I in trouble????

Well, you are now for stealing my milestone post......
:darth: :darth: :darth:

justmestace
And I really hadn't intended to, with that post!

HEDGIE GOT THE REPLY AND THE T.O.P. !!!
:banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

goingthedistance
Congrats to Stacey for 33000 and Hedgie for the reply.

I guess I can try again in approx 995 posts!

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 11:31 AM
Just popping in. Look at that - I set up someone real nice!

Nice edit Mary - nice set-up too.

Too bad it was not for me....

Whine...... :sad2:

chip&dale&fun
You know, I had to really look closely at that. I think I need new glasses.

Oh, that's just BAAAD....a milestone with Kiki's wooden monkey.

BAD BAD BAD --- yes BAD :hippie:

justmestace
See, I told you there were lots of pirate: pirate: out there, lurking, waiting to strike.....

Thanks for the set-up, Mary.

And the Boards are very slow!!

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Scoopie hasn't been out to play... his hosts are too busy... forgot to bring him to AK on Saturday!!!!!

Well, Scoopie has to rest sometime.....
Besides, all those Animals might have wanted to chew Scoopie to bits!!!!!

RachelTori
03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Only reaching 70 here today... by this weekend, it will be in the 80's. I'm taking a much needed vacation day on Thursday to go to the beach BY MYSELF. I never get to go without the kids (love 'em dearly, but I need to sit on the beach and do NOTHING for a few hours), so I actually looked at the 10-day forecast and picked what looked like the best weekday (weather-wise and schedule-wise).

Saturday should be beautiful... I have a black-tie charity ball that night, so I need to be TAN by then..

Karen, that sounds absolutely mah-velous! Enjoy your beach day. Relax, relax, relax! :thumbsup2

YAY!! A TOP with Kiki Karen, the Florida :sunny: , & relaxing on the beach! :woohoo:

pixiedust: pdfg

Hedgie
03-27-2006, 11:36 AM
And I really hadn't intended to, with that post!

HEDGIE GOT THE REPLY AND THE T.O.P. !!!
:banana: :cool1: :Pinkbounc

YIPEEEEEE!!!!

TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 11:49 AM

A little less than that now - I gather.... :teeth:

ohiominnie
03-27-2006, 11:51 AM
I was around, but the kids wanted to hear HP and the OOTP while they ate lunch. As those chapters are NOT short, I knew I'd never make it back in time.

Congrats to the milestone getters! :)

WVMD
03-27-2006, 11:52 AM

Shouldn't be long..... Better check back in tomorrow....

Virgil
pirate:

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 11:55 AM
That's right - everone go hide now... :sad2:

WDWLVR
03-27-2006, 12:03 PM

At the rate we are posting that should only take a day or so :lmao:

WDWLVR
03-27-2006, 12:05 PM
Shouldn't be long..... Better check back in tomorrow....

Virgil
pirate:

GMTA!

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 12:14 PM
You got that right Virgil!! :thumbsup2

I was planning on hanging around for the race, but got busy. Darn!

Congrats to Stacey and Hedgie for their accomplishments!! :teeth:

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Hi everyone!

Congrats on the milestone post Stacey & reply from Hedgie!!!

Everyone has been chatty around here. Stacey, did you get ANY sleep last night? :stir:

Ang

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Just exactly what is that???? :lmao: :lmao: We are a multi-topic group!!

Well, I started talking about one thing, and ended up talking about another. Guess I fit in pretty good, huh? :teeth:

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 12:24 PM
I am one of those. But Benadryl works sometimes.

Is there anything that you take that makes you sleepy besides Benadryl?

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 12:26 PM
If there are any old tux's laying around, I bet I know where you could sell them :banana: :banana: :banana:

Nope, too bad EBay wasn't around when we closed the store. That would've been a good way to recoupe some cash...

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Stacey,

Do y'all do wrought iron curtain rods? I found what I want at Penney's but it's not thick enough or long enough. They are black w/ a hint of gold & have fleur de lis finnials (sp?). I'm sure it would be waaayyy to expensive to have them shipped to me though. Any ideas of where I could look for something mass produced? I've yet to finish decorating my dining room that we painted before my surgery!!! My mom is going to bring me some black & white photos that my brother took of various fences, statues, etc. around New Orleans. I can't wait to see them.

Ang

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Congratulations Stacey on post #33000

and Hedgie on reply #33000!! :cool1: :cheer2:

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
OK, back to work for me. Do some laundry and organize the boys' new room.

Chow for now.

I'll take the U-TOP. Not the milestone, but that's OK.

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Ok ... who was it that wanted to know what we all do for a living???

DH is a software engineer (BS & MS in EE) ... since we've been in GA, he's been in to wireless devices (phones, PDAs, etc.). Since we've been in GA, I've been a web application developer. So, yes, we're both computer "nerds" .. although I don't put myself in the nerd category ... it's just a job to me ... a means for making $. I could leave it in a heartbeat!!!

Ang

justmestace
03-27-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone!

Congrats on the milestone post Stacey & reply from Hedgie!!!

Everyone has been chatty around here. Stacey, did you get ANY sleep last night? :stir:

Ang

Four and a half hours. I'm pretending to be a doctor. ;)

I would have slept later today, but the hairy dog in my face with his icky dog breath woke me up.

justmestace
03-27-2006, 12:51 PM

Simply Sleep......Tylenol PM........or a bonk on the head.....

justmestace
03-27-2006, 12:56 PM
Stacey,

Do y'all do wrought iron curtain rods? I found what I want at Penney's but it's not thick enough or long enough. They are black w/ a hint of gold & have fleur de lis finnials (sp?). I'm sure it would be waaayyy to expensive to have them shipped to me though. Any ideas of where I could look for something mass produced? I've yet to finish decorating my dining room that we painted before my surgery!!! My mom is going to bring me some black & white photos that my brother took of various fences, statues, etc. around New Orleans. I can't wait to see them.

Ang

New Orleans is the BEST place for admiring that kind of work!!

Yes, we do the curtain rods....I actually have some in my bedroom. Took me years to get them....
The hardest part would be getting the color that you like...the "hint of gold"...antiquing.....but it can be done. And they would be expensive to ship. It doesn't sound like you'll be able to find what you need (size-wise) mass-produced, but check your phone book for Ornamental Iron. There has to be someone there that custom makes them. Warning: You're looking at a minimum of $200 a rod.

A hint for making the ones at Penney's work for you.....buy extra brackets and space them along the length of the rod for extra support with heavy curtains.

ohiominnie
03-27-2006, 01:03 PM

Flexiril :) For muscle spasms. Got some left overs here and when I REALLY need sleep..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;)

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 01:04 PM
New Orleans is the BEST place for admiring that kind of work!!

Yes, we do the curtain rods....I actually have some in my bedroom. Took me years to get them....
The hardest part would be getting the color that you like...the "hint of gold"...antiquing.....but it can be done. And they would be expensive to ship. It doesn't sound like you'll be able to find what you need (size-wise) mass-produced, but check your phone book for Ornamental Iron. There has to be someone there that custom makes them. Warning: You're looking at a minimum of $200 a rod.

A hint for making the ones at Penney's work for you.....buy extra brackets and space them along the length of the rod for extra support with heavy curtains.

Thanks Stacey! I HATE it when you know exactly what you want but don't know where to find it. That's usually my problem with decorating. I have something in my mind then wind up having to settle. When I first bought my table & chairs, I hated that the seats came with black ultrasuede fabric but now I know (in my mind) how to pull it all off ... black antiqued wrought iron curtain rods, black & white prints, etc. .. gold sheer valences.

Ang

justmestace
03-27-2006, 01:37 PM
Show & Tell time....remember, like the shoemaker's kids..it took me years to actually get these in my own home. Our stuff is mostly southwestern design, but Jay actually does a lot more "traditional" things.

We have my corner kitchen pot rack, living & dining room valances, kitchen valance, bedroom curtain rod, and an air return vent cover.
I'm the one who likes the copper.

Sorry they're small.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding002.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding003.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding004.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding007.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding006.jpg

kikipug
03-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Remember we were talking a few weeks back about whether or not "Cars" would Prem-EAR on the Dumbotron??? Check out the link below (courtesy of you-know-who)... its going to have its World Premiere that weekend... so there's hope that maybe we'll see it too...

http://www.lowesmotorspeedway.com/news_photos/news/505836.html

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Remember we were talking a few weeks back about whether or not "Cars" would Prem-EAR on the Dumbotron??? Check out the link below (courtesy of you-know-who)... its going to have its World Premiere that weekend... so there's hope that maybe we'll see it too...

Cool! Maybe we'll get to see it. (I'm a little embarrassed to say that I had never heard of this movie until y'all mentioned it.) :blush:

Ang

justmestace
03-27-2006, 01:57 PM

Will Paul Newman be on the cruise too??? :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I'd even settle for Larry the Cable Guy.

Dancind
03-27-2006, 02:07 PM

I used to take Trazadone, it's a scrip. Started developing a toxicity to it, so had to stop. But it worked great!

mickeymo
03-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Now I'm jealous........ you guys are going to WDW.....(we need a pouty face)

uh oh - I think it's another "park-not-to-be-named"

Dancind
03-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Congrats to Stacey and Hedgie on the milestone posts!

I think they had a tiny preview for Cars when we went to see the Incredibles. We've been looking forward to it, that would be great! So glad Pixar is still with Disney.

mickeymo
03-27-2006, 02:14 PM
You're not allowed to be jealous unless you have been away from anything Disney for at least six months. And that would be...ME!!!

and me! going on 2 years! :rotfl2: (that's my dead cockroach impersonation...)

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Time for me to get out of here ... need to pick up the kiddos for swimming lessons... will catch up later tonight.

An Unexpected T.O.P. to end my day at work...:cool1: pirate:

Ang

mickeymo
03-27-2006, 02:21 PM
Time for me to get out of here ... need to pick up the kiddos for swimming lessons... will catch up later tonight.

An Unexpected T.O.P. to end my day at work...:cool1: pirate:

Ang

How are swimming lessons going? Any better?

mickeymo
03-27-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey all you Netflix people - releasing tomorrow is the History Channels "Modern Marvels: Disney World" documentary. I've got it in my queue! :woohoo:

It'll have to wait-Memoirs of a Geisha and King Kong are shipping out and arriving tomorrow! :banana:

I think I've discovered the secret to getting the just released movies - make sure the movies are mailed either on Friday or Saturday so they are turned around on Monday. I'm 6 for 6 on new releases.

itdjbw
03-27-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't know about you, but I have spent far too much time worrying about my kids emotional well-being, worrying that they will miss out on sports, dance, etc....and I'm fed up because they have figured me out and taken advantage.
So....no more Mister Nice Guy.

Same here, there are no consequences, they walk in the house and just drop there stuff, demand and are ungrateful. :confused3

itdjbw
03-27-2006, 03:45 PM
I don't think we ever have "officially" talked about it.

Jay and I own a welding and ornamental iron shop. He does the hard labor, I do the books. He does everything with steel from huge I-Beams during construction phase, to blacksmithing and ornamental stuff like gates, railings, tables, fireplace screens.....anything you could think of that could be made of steel/wrought iron.
And we own a few rental properties that I manage. Some are smaller buildings that we rent to local contractors and one is to a local cable company, two are to Nextel and T-Mobile.

A T.O.P. with Samantha! :cool1:

Sorry Jim, I was supposed to stop back there!

When we were in SA there was so many steel coffee tables that I wanted that a friend of mine who sold steel was going to start making stuff.

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Work!!

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 04:05 PM

I would have slept later today, but the hairy dog in my face with his icky dog breath woke me up.
I thought "Hair of the Dog" was something else........ :stir:

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 04:31 PM
Kevin -- suggestions on my question on a hand-held TV for the potential

Hurricane season?

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 04:43 PM
I was checking out the Mother Ship's website (Home Depot) looking for a attic door price and came across these. Pretty neat!!

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151089098_4.jpg http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151088442_4.jpg http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151088404_4.jpg http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151089036_4.jpg

justmestace
03-27-2006, 04:44 PM
When we were in SA there was so many steel coffee tables that I wanted that a friend of mine who sold steel was going to start making stuff.

We're lucky enough to rent to a woodworker, and a close friend does etched glass. We've partnered with them and made some awesome steel tables with either wood or glass tops. There's good money to be made doing that.

I don't have a steel coffee table, though. "Grace" would probably stub her toe, or ram her shin into it and hurl it out the back door!

justmestace
03-27-2006, 04:46 PM
I was checking out the Mother Ship's website (Home Depot) looking for a attic door price and came across these. Pretty neat!!

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151089098_4.jpg http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151088442_4.jpg http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151088404_4.jpg http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/asset/images/eplus/030151089036_4.jpg

Are those doors? Bedroom doors? Wow....that's Disney Dedication!

Mikem861
03-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Hey all you Netflix people - releasing tomorrow is the History Channels "Modern Marvels: Disney World" documentary. I've got it in my queue! :woohoo:

That is a good show :teeth: I watched it on the History Channel a couple of days ago..I just happened to turn it there when it was on!

Mike :earsboy:

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 04:48 PM

Hurricane season?
I don't have much experience with small TV's. I like the BIG TV.

Check out PC World (http://search.pcworld.com/query.html?col=all&inthe=315360000&ws=0&nh=10&rf=0&lk=1&qm=0&st=1&rq=0&ql=a&si=0&dt=an&ht=0&la=en&fl0=&op0=&qt=handheld+TV) for some possible help.

justmestace
03-27-2006, 04:50 PM

Hurricane season?

I've been really disappointed in our hand-held TV. It doesn't get but one station, no matter where we're at...even in Phoenix, near the towers. Granted, it wasn't an expensive one..it's a Casio.

I also seem to have longer battery life with the lap top than I do with any of our portable DVD players.

My $.02 cents anyway.

justmestace
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Time to raise the taxi meter.....I'm outta here. :car:

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 04:52 PM
Are those doors? Bedroom doors? Wow....that's Disney Dedication!
Yes, aren't those cool?? Not cheap, $265-$280 for the slab only!

Speaking cool, a TOP is cool!!
http://dkeddy.com/pictures/monkeypirate.jpg

goingthedistance
03-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey all you Netflix people - releasing tomorrow is the History Channels "Modern Marvels: Disney World" documentary. .

My TiVo got this for me a few weeks ago. It is a pretty interesting show! Made me wish I was there instead of here!!

Paul

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Mary - I was perusing the main cruise board - thanks again for the hints and FAQ's....neat.

Stacey - I have finally downloaded the ultimate packing list - thanks....adding to your list - travel insurance purchased for the cruise, in addition to the normal medical insurance card.

Kevin - HD has the Disney paint franchise, except they are all out of lime green paint chips :thumbsup2 Too bad the doors are not metallic stickers :rotfl2: By the way - Stitch would be way cool.....

All this talk about withdrawal symphony for WDW made me book reservations for July and October....It is so nice to live in Fla.

And I say that even with Hurricane Season approaching.

And finally GO GATORS

Disney Fans
03-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Congratulations Stacey on post #33000

and Hedgie on reply #33000!! :cool1: :cheer2:

Same goes from me also!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 04:58 PM
I've been really disappointed in our hand-held TV. It doesn't get but one station, no matter where we're at...even in Phoenix, near the towers. Granted, it wasn't an expensive one..it's a Casio.

I also seem to have longer battery life with the lap top than I do with any of our portable DVD players.

My $.02 cents anyway.

Thanks Stacey - Casio seemed to be the only brand available, other then the larger units, mine eats batteries....and batteries are like gold when there is no power...no, we do not have a generator....no, we are not getting a generator.

Disney Fans
03-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey, Do you all think there is a chance for the pirate: 2 movie thats suppose to come out in July will maybe be on the ship for an early showing?? My DH is really really hoping for this? Should I give him any hope that this may happen? :wizard:

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Hey, Do you all think there is a chance for the pirate: 2 movie thats suppose to come out in July will maybe be on the ship for an early showing?? My DH is really really hoping for this? Should I give him any hope that this may happen? :wizard:

If wishing would make it so, then perhaps....but the last time we all chimed in on this topic, it seemed doubtful, unlikely, not a chance, no way, won't happen.....so as to giving DH hope - ummm...nope.

But think of all the fun he will have in July when it does come out.

And the website for pirate: 2 is tres cool..... :thumbsup2

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Anyone taking bets if we will get to see CARS? The release date is May 26th 2006??????

We saw Chicken Little - when was that date?

Must research - back in a bit.

Mikem861
03-27-2006, 05:10 PM

Yeah..and by the way we are going..it will only be a day or two!! :banana: :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Chicken Little was released on November 4th and we saw it on November 12th sailing....that was close, not as close as CARS however.....

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I say we will see cars. They released a pin on opening day on the Magic and Wonder for Chicken Little in November 2005.....

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 05:28 PM
Simply Sleep......Tylenol PM........or a bonk on the head.....

That bonk on the head is coming soon. Believe me!!!

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Flexiril :) For muscle spasms. Got some left overs here and when I REALLY need sleep..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ;)

Ooooh! Those are gooood. We have both been under that influence. Don't have any of those. He has pain medication but doesn't want to take it. See what I'm dealing with? That bonk on the head is closer than he thinks. ;)

ohiominnie
03-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Anyone taking bets if we will get to see CARS? The release date is May 26th 2006??????

Must research - back in a bit.

If CARS is released on May 26th, it'll be on the cruise. It releases on the ship the same day it releases on land. :)

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 05:37 PM
Show & Tell time....remember, like the shoemaker's kids..it took me years to actually get these in my own home. Our stuff is mostly southwestern design, but Jay actually does a lot more "traditional" things.

We have my corner kitchen pot rack, living & dining room valances, kitchen valance, bedroom curtain rod, and an air return vent cover.
I'm the one who likes the copper.

Sorry they're small.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding002.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding003.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding004.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding007.jpg

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_CaveCreekWelding006.jpg

That is some b-u-tiful work. I especially like the vent return.

RachelTori
03-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Ooooh! Those are gooood. We have both been under that influence. Don't have any of those. He has pain medication but doesn't want to take it. See what I'm dealing with? That bonk on the head is closer than he thinks. ;)

You mean he'd rather toss & turn all night - plus inconvenience his darling wife - than take his pain meds????? I'm beginning to think you SHOULD bonk him on the head!!!! :rotfl2:

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM

That would be sooooo cool if we see that on the ship. If it premieres at LMS, then it would make sense that it would be available for Disney, right?

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 05:48 PM
How are swimming lessons going? Any better?

They are both doing well this session. Emily is now in Eel & Ashley is in Pike II. I really like the teacher that Ashley has now. This session ends on Wed. They'll start up again with Sat. classes at the end of April and will go through the end of May... of course they'll miss the last class 'cause we'll be CRUISING!!!

Ang

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Same here, there are no consequences, they walk in the house and just drop there stuff, demand and are ungrateful. :confused3

We're in TROUBLE. Ours are only 3 & 5 and behave that way!

Ang

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Work!!

Funny!!! The guy already works more than a lot of other husbands I know. 6 days a week, 2 days a week he works 12 hours. That is NOT the problem.

CajunGirl2
You mean he'd rather toss & turn all night - plus inconvenience his darling wife - than take his pain meds????? I'm beginning to think you SHOULD bonk him on the head!!!! :rotfl2:

Ditto on that one! Remember, I didn't want to take pain meds either but when it came to getting a good night's sleep, I was more than willing!!!

Ang

Dancind

Better not show that Tinkerbell door to certain people around here. Unless you want to buy it!

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
My TiVo got this for me a few weeks ago. It is a pretty interesting show! Made me wish I was there instead of here!!

Paul

What do you mean your "TIVO got this for you"? Can you program it to tape certain things, like all Disney shows? Please explain.

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 06:01 PM
Funny!!! The guy already works more than a lot of other husbands I know. 6 days a week, 2 days a week he works 12 hours. That is NOT the problem.
I'm sure!! I was being as educated donkey (but you knew that) :rolleyes1

I have never had any problems getting to sleep, much to my DW chagrin. Melatonine levels must be doing OK!!

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 06:03 PM

Welcome to my world!!!! :scared1:

dzneprincess
03-27-2006, 06:08 PM
I love Big Love. It's become part of our Sunday night routine (after The Sopranos, which, surprisingly, I actually like this season). I think Big Love is a really unique and well-done show, and I hope it's picked up for another season.

--Samantha

hey Samantha..silly request from me, but last night was the first night I watched and I am intrigued enough to want to see the othor eppys I missed. So if you ever hear that they are gouing to show the others again on regular HBO can you give me a heads up?? Thanks sooo much!

Dancind
03-27-2006, 06:10 PM
YES!!! It did work, we're getting Memoirs of a Geisha tomorrow too. Mailed "Proof" back on Saturday. Still have two here to watch, but tonight Everwood finally returns, and it's two hours!

RachelTori
03-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Cruise Related:

Anyone heard any more about Cozumel? Last I heard, it was *probably* ??? :confused3 I went ahead and reserved the San Gervasio Ruins & Beach Excursion just in case.

dzneprincess
03-27-2006, 06:20 PM

Gee Stacy, its only a beard for the winter...cut him some slack!:love2: Just jokin! Love ya mean it!! I couldnt let that pass:lmao:

MarkRG
03-27-2006, 06:23 PM

Yeesh I come home to another race to the big number, lots to read thru when the Dis get slow like this..

The only reason I still say maybe is this: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/cars/

If you scroll down, there's a contest to get tickets to see it at the El Capitan (Disney's home theater) at midnight on June 8th. So the 9th is still the official premiere date.

dzneprincess
03-27-2006, 06:26 PM

Must research - back in a bit.If the release date is the 26th then they will (or should) show it on the ship. When Brother Bear was released it was the disembarktion day of our cruise, they had a special Prem-Ear at midnight on the last night of hte cruise..

WDWLVR
03-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Humpy Wheeler usually manages to pull out some great things for the Memorial Day race. I can see him getting special permission to show it early. I think that the official release date will stay June 9th and we won't see it on the cruise. Hope I'm wrong.

CajunGirl2
03-27-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm outta here tonight. My parents are coming in town on Fri. & I need to get the office cleaned before DH kills me. So, I'm going to sign off now & try to get some filing done before 24 starts tonight.

Stacey & Diana, try to keep the chatting to a minimum tonight, will ya? :rolleyes:

Ang

MarkRG
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey! In scanning new releases on dvd tomorrow, I found this: Modern Marvels: WDW (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CS461O/qid=1143508068/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-6145372-4571863?s=dvd&v=glance&n=130)

I saw the 1 hour version on History Channel, and it was great! Looking forward to the extra 30 minutes. :)

ohiominnie
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM

Well....I ususally sleep REALLY well after.....doing laundry. :lmao: :lmao:

Might want to try that. ;)

ohiominnie
03-27-2006, 07:02 PM
If the release date is the 26th then they will (or should) show it on the ship. When Brother Bear was released it was the disembarktion day of our cruise, they had a special Prem-Ear at midnight on the last night of hte cruise..

See, that was the information I was going on too....that it was being released on the 26th. But sounds like maybe that's not the REAL release date in all theaters. I think it's probably more likely we won't see it if our cruise isn't during it's official release.

Just Me 2
03-27-2006, 07:21 PM
What do you mean your "TIVO got this for you"? Can you program it to tape certain things, like all Disney shows? Please explain.
Maria,

Sorry to jump in, but we've had Tivo for several years (actually have 2) and you can ask it to record anything with a specific star or a topic you like. A few years ago before we went to Alaska, I had it taping anything with Alaska in it. We got travel items I was looking for in addition to movie that mentioned Alaska. Let me know if you need assistance and I will look up specifically how.

itdjbw
03-27-2006, 07:45 PM
Good Morning! It would work for me, too...if you could get rid of the hurricanes!

Me too......... :thumbsup2

itdjbw
03-27-2006, 07:47 PM
I am up this early only under protest. The gang left this morning and forgot to put up the doggie gate, so I awoke to a hairy little face staring at me. :dog2: :dog:

You and I both know you wanted the milestone!!

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Cruise Related:

Anyone heard any more about Cozumel? Last I heard, it was *probably* ??? :confused3 I went ahead and reserved the San Gervasio Ruins & Beach Excursion just in case.

My brother just came back from a RCL cruise and he went to Cozumel and said that the immediate town was fine. The dock was still all chewed up and they had to tender. I don't think he went on any excursions so I would guess that he didn't venture too far from the docks. Hope that helps.

sjtracey
03-27-2006, 08:07 PM
hey Samantha..silly request from me, but last night was the first night I watched and I am intrigued enough to want to see the othor eppys I missed. So if you ever hear that they are gouing to show the others again on regular HBO can you give me a heads up?? Thanks sooo much!

Amanda, I'll certainly keep my eyes out for you. Luckily, you only missed two episodes so far! I did check HBO's Big Love schedule page (http://www.hbo.com/apps/schedule/ScheduleServlet?CHANNEL=All+Channels&ACTION_SEARCH=SEARCH&KEY=TITLE&VALUE=big+love), and it didn't look like they were showing anything but this week's episode between now and the end of the month. If I hear of anything, I'll send you a note!

--Samantha

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Never mind!!!!!

I now return you to normal posting fluff....thanks...

goingthedistance
03-27-2006, 08:30 PM

That is exactly true. I have programmed my TiVo with a wishlist for "DISNEY." Anything coming up in the next 2 weeks with DISNEY in the title or description is identified. Then I choose what I want to record. I could let my TiVo do it all for me, but then I would wind up with about a dozen episodes of "As Told By Ginger" and I don't want that! It helps give a necessary Disney fix when you are not at the parks.

My two-year old daughter even knows how to find Disney shows on the TiVo and in the entertainment center. All night long tonight she kept pointing to the TV asking for "Mickey Mouse?" We began training her early in the ways of Disney!

Paul

itdjbw
03-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow you guys kept me busy just trying to catch up!!!

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Kevin - technical help please...

Trying to assist in posting Sam's pics to the scuba board. I know I need to downsize them to less than 4000k pixels (i think)....I can do this with scanned photos, but the only way thqt I can think of to do this with the conputer processed photos is to upload them to photobucket - resize and then resave back to 'puter and the upload them on Sciba Boards....tell me there must be an easier way???

Thanks....

If you want to upload them to the photo gallery, then you don't need to size them at all. Just log on, click on the photo gallery (at the top) and then select "upload photos" (at the top right)
Choose a category to upload your images to
then browse to select the photo you want to upload from your computer
enter a name and description and then click upload at the bottom. Easy and eating chocolate chip cookies and changing oil pumps....... :thumbsup2

itdjbw
03-27-2006, 08:39 PM
Were watching apprentice, tivo-ing 24
and trying to read here
Hope we get to see cars - DS would love it.

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Never mind!!!!!

To late.......

Did you figure it out??

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
If you want to upload them to the photo gallery, then you don't need to size them at all. Just log on, click on the photo gallery (at the top) and then select "upload photos" (at the top right)
Choose a category to upload your images to
then browse to select the photo you want to upload from your computer
enter a name and description and then click upload at the bottom. Easy and eating chocolate chip cookies and changing oil pumps....... :thumbsup2

Kevin - thanks...I retraced all the steps and this worked fine.... :thumbsup2

I actually know what happened, but I will be discreet and not post!!!!

Now for my cookies!!!!!

chip&dale&fun
03-27-2006, 08:51 PM
To late.......

Did you figure it out??

Yes, thanks...

If you check new photos on the Scuba Boards, you will find some of Sam's

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Yes, thanks...

If you check new photos on the Scuba Boards, you will find some of Sam's
Yep, see them. Sam must be "Old Diver", :rotfl2: :lmao:

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:10 PM
That bonk on the head is coming soon. Believe me!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao:

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:11 PM

Then YOU take the pain meds...I would!!

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:13 PM
We're in TROUBLE. Ours are only 3 & 5 and behave that way!

Ang

They're SUPPOSED to do that at their ages!

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
Gee Stacy, its only a beard for the winter...cut him some slack!:love2: Just jokin! Love ya mean it!! I couldnt let that pass:lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Good catch!

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
Maria,

Sorry to jump in, but we've had Tivo for several years (actually have 2) and you can ask it to record anything with a specific star or a topic you like. A few years ago before we went to Alaska, I had it taping anything with Alaska in it. We got travel items I was looking for in addition to movie that mentioned Alaska. Let me know if you need assistance and I will look up specifically how.

I know what TIVO is. We had it when we had DirecTV. Now we have cable with a DVR, not exactly TIVO. I liked TIVO better. A lot easier to use. I wonder if this DVR can do what the TIVO does? Hmmm, I'll have to check it out.

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Cruise Related:

No clue yet on whether Disney is going or not. I did read (contrary to what our NCL concierge said) that Tulum is now open again.
I'm going to e-mail my TA, she claims to have a connection at DCL...maybe she can find out for us.

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:21 PM
I'm outta here tonight. My parents are coming in town on Fri. & I need to get the office cleaned before DH kills me. So, I'm going to sign off now & try to get some filing done before 24 starts tonight.

Stacey & Diana, try to keep the chatting to a minimum tonight, will ya? :rolleyes:

Ang

I don't know about D, but I'm going to need more sleep tonight. Blame Jim, too, btw!

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Then YOU take the pain meds...I would!!

Ya know, that's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that!!??? :confused3 I may have to try that tonight. He already went up to bed. Let's see how long that lasts....

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
You and I both know you wanted the milestone!!

:guilty: :guilty: Busted.........

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Check this out! How NOT to take a picture of a shark!!

http://www.brucegust.com/MTSS/Images/tiger.jpeg

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Ya know, that's a great idea. Why didn't I think of that!!??? :confused3 I may have to try that tonight. He already went up to bed. Let's see how long that lasts....

And I was dead serious, too!

T.O.P. with Maria !!!

MarkRG
03-27-2006, 09:28 PM

Guess he was going for the EXTREME closeup!

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Kevin...that's a really comforting picture....NOT! :scared1:

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 09:31 PM
And I was dead serious, too!

T.O.P. with Maria !!!

Oh I hear ya!! I already took something. OH yeah!!!

Just Me 2
03-27-2006, 09:31 PM
Laura,

So you are heading to warmer weather next week for spring break? Sound nice, we are doing the opposite and heading for snow. We are going skiing at Lake Tahoe. Haven't been there in almost 20 years, so I am sure it has changed.

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 09:33 PM

Kevin - You WEREN'T on that dive, were you? That's a little too close for comfort for me.

Just Me 2
03-27-2006, 09:33 PM
Any one here going to DW after the cruise?

tinksdad
03-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Kevin - You WEREN'T on that dive, were you? That's a little too close for comfort for me.
No! Here is the accompanying write up that went with the posting. Interesting! I'm not a believer in feeding wild creatures and this is why.....

"And finally, speaking of sharks, if you think you're having a run of bad luck, pity the
poor photog who couldn't take this shot. Yes, that's really a Tiger Shark. And yes,
that's really a fully-equipped (expensive) housed SLR system with strobes dangling out
of his mouth. The picture comes from Paul Krupela of Pasadena (he's already won an
Honorable Mention in the Beneath the Sea Photo Contest) and it seems that Paul was
with a group shooting Tigers in the Bahamas. As Harry tells it, " . . . the shark (Nacho)
approached the divemaster, who was shaking a crate of fish to attract them . . Nacho
got the lid to the crate and was swimming around with it, when he apparently realized
it was not a fish. His whole temperament changed quickly and he became very
aggressive . . . He swam over and circled and bumped a photographer (Andy Salmon)
a few times, then swam back to the divemaster and went straight for the camera. He
grabbed it and took off, finally dropping it several hundred yards away (out of sight).
Jim Abernathy (divemaster) swam after Nacho and finally retrieved the camera . . .
There were major scratches on the dome port, and Nacho actually snapped a few
shots of the sand. Paul was in the perfect location as Nacho swam away with the
camera . . ."

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:47 PM
No! Here is the accompanying write up that went with the posting. Interesting! I'm not a believer in feeding wild creatures and this is why.....

"And finally, speaking of sharks, if you think you're having a run of bad luck, pity the
poor photog who couldn't take this shot. Yes, that's really a Tiger Shark. And yes,
that's really a fully-equipped (expensive) housed SLR system with strobes dangling out
of his mouth. The picture comes from Paul Krupela of Pasadena (he's already won an
Honorable Mention in the Beneath the Sea Photo Contest) and it seems that Paul was
with a group shooting Tigers in the Bahamas. As Harry tells it, " . . . the shark (Nacho)
approached the divemaster, who was shaking a crate of fish to attract them . . Nacho
got the lid to the crate and was swimming around with it, when he apparently realized
it was not a fish. His whole temperament changed quickly and he became very
aggressive . . . He swam over and circled and bumped a photographer (Andy Salmon)
a few times, then swam back to the divemaster and went straight for the camera. He
grabbed it and took off, finally dropping it several hundred yards away (out of sight).
Jim Abernathy (divemaster) swam after Nacho and finally retrieved the camera . . .
There were major scratches on the dome port, and Nacho actually snapped a few
shots of the sand. Paul was in the perfect location as Nacho swam away with the
camera . . ."

That is nacho ordinary shark! At least I hope not.

justmestace
03-27-2006, 09:48 PM

We aren't...we have to get back to work. :sad1:

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 09:51 PM
That is NOT my idea of fun. I'd get ticked too when I figured out it wasn't food. Thank goodness there's crazy people out there that want to go into the ocean with those fish. Big fish. "You're gonna need a bigger boat". That's one of my favorite lines from Jaws.

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 09:52 PM

You are GOOD!!! REAL GOOD!!!

WDWLVR
03-27-2006, 09:55 PM

We are for Saturday and Sunday only. Need a WDW fix! We want to do Expedition Everest as well as spend some time at Epcot for the Flower and Garden show.

Dancind
03-27-2006, 09:56 PM
Those guys are lucky that the shark went for the camera, and not a leg or a head. Training sharks to come to humans for food, what brain donor came up with that idea?

Just what I need, another great mental picture for when my loved ones are under the sea.

Just Me 2
03-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Mary, That's why we want to go. We want to do Everest and the car stunt show. Haven't been to DW in a couple of years. Can't decide where to stay.

TiggerInNY
03-27-2006, 10:08 PM
I think I'm going to sign off for now guys. My eyes are getting heavy and I might as well grab some sleep before DH starts getting restless. Who knows, he may be still awake when I get upstairs. I'll soon find out.

Or, I may be posting here in the middle of the night(for all us East coasters). I hope not. He said he was tired tonight when he came home from work. He worked a double today, so hopefully he IS tired.

Chow for now...

edited to add: Woo Woo - a U-TOP with DH and his restlessness. Oh joy!!!

Disney Fans
03-27-2006, 10:46 PM
Just stopping by to say a hello! But I guess everyone is gone for the night> :cloud9:

justmestace
03-27-2006, 10:54 PM
I tried to get on here, and the site was down. :confused3

Oh..I would LOVE to stay at WDW for a couple of days......big difference between what I want, and what I can actually do. I'd love to do Everest too.

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:02 AM
Morning All - Cool again here - perhaps I need to put on the heat....

Or maybe just have a cup of coffee.... :surfweb: as I catch up....

Cats are going bonkers as it is cold!

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:04 AM
Yep, see them. Sam must be "Old Diver", :rotfl2: :lmao:

You knw - I did not even check his screen name.....He just asked for help in posting.......

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:06 AM

http://www.brucegust.com/MTSS/Images/tiger.jpeg

This is not ( and I repeat) NOt why Santa gave Sam a camera for Christmas!

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:07 AM

At one time I heard some folks might - to check out Flower and Garden.

We are local so we will not be going after the cruise.....

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:09 AM
No! Here is the accompanying write up that went with the posting. Interesting! I'm not a believer in feeding wild creatures and this is why..... . . ."[/I]

I will second the comment about not feeding "wild things".....

This bunch excepted, of course :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:11 AM
That is NOT my idea of fun. I'd get ticked too when I figured out it wasn't food. Thank goodness there's crazy people out there that want to go into the ocean with those fish. Big fish. "You're gonna need a bigger boat". That's one of my favorite lines from Jaws.

And the follow-up

You go in the cage
Cage goes in the water
Shark is in the water
Our shark...

Alas poor madiens, I kne him well.

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:12 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:16 AM
Yeesh I come home to another race to the big number, lots to read thru when the Dis get slow like this..

The only reason I still say maybe is this: http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/cars/

If you scroll down, there's a contest to get tickets to see it at the El Capitan (Disney's home theater) at midnight on June 8th. So the 9th is still the official premiere date.

Gosh, I googled yesterday and found a release date of May 26 - but cannot recall where that was.....so we will not see CARS after all..

Sorry Folks

Thanks Mark for the better info....

Which begs the question - what will we see?????

dobelover
03-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Good Morning All - I wish we could go to WDW for a few days, not this trip.

Sue

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:38 AM
While my friend was here yesterday, Sam talked her hubby into a recertification dive course.

They had just returned from a family cruise on "another line". The private island was not very impressive but they did go snorkeling. He grew up here - in the water - and like losts of us, grew up, grew away and grew out of the sport. She had never tried and was not keen on the rental equipment. the mask kept slipping and the snorkel did not fit her mouth. It was clean and not scratched, but just did not fit.

Message to those of you who are still undecided - With 2 stops at Castaway Cay, if you can, an investment in a mask that fits is an idea to consider....I expect you could rent the fins from Disney (might need to pay full price???)

We have snorkeling with the manatees on our calendar for next January and I can see that Sam has a Keys trip planned for next summer. (No time off until then for her hubby - due to work related staffing woes). She thinks snorkeling with her own mask, and in fresh water, may well be more enjoyable....

Another reason to "blame Kevin or Jim" somehow....it has to be their doing...more people diving.....must remember to call dive boat for this weekend. I was suposed to fly on Monday, but with Tampa on Monday and Vero on Tuesday --- it will be driving for me.

And I called T/A (she who cannot be named) to let her know not to book a spot on the Transatlantic journey for us......It was a dream :cloud9: until the prices came out and - really - that is a down payment on (insert high priced object of your choice here)

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:43 AM
You knw - I did not even check his screen name.....He just asked for help in posting.......

And yes, he is old diver - must work on his imagination with names.

He went back and posted one of his favourite shots when I was finished - it is the well at the Spring at Kings Bay - a very green shot - I wonder if I can link to that board from this board - here goes....

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/data/500/medium/manatee1_052.jpg

WDWLVR
03-28-2006, 05:56 AM
:flower1: Good morning cruisers! :flower1:

Happy Tuesday!

RachelTori
03-28-2006, 06:15 AM
Laura,

So you are heading to warmer weather next week for spring break? Sound nice, we are doing the opposite and heading for snow. We are going skiing at Lake Tahoe. Haven't been there in almost 20 years, so I am sure it has changed.

Yep! I head to the warmer weather every chance I get!!! I think most of metro Atlanta always has spring break the 1st week of April. Makes planning ahead a breeze! :sunny:

Have a GREAT time in Tahoe (I haven't been there in about 20 years myself!). No risky maneuvers, OK? Remember, we sail in less than 60 days!! :woohoo:

YAY!! A T.O.P. with my "neighbor" Susan, Spring Break, Florida sunshine and lots of snow for skiing at Lake Tahoe! :thumbsup2

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 06:32 AM

We are. From June 3rd until the 11th. :)

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 06:33 AM

ba-dum-ch :)

You going to be here all week? :lmao:

tinksdad
03-28-2006, 06:42 AM

He went back and posted one of his favourite shots when I was finished - it is the well at the Spring at Kings Bay - a very green shot - I wonder if I can link to that board from this board - here goes....

That's a fun shot! Might be good with green eggs and ham.... Sam I am!! :lmao:

dobelover
03-28-2006, 06:49 AM
That's a fun shot! Might be good with green eggs and ham.... Sam I am!! :lmao:

groan

tinksdad
03-28-2006, 06:57 AM
groan
Was it something I said??? :teeth:

Funny, I get that same response from my DD..........

kikipug
03-28-2006, 07:08 AM
I don't have a steel coffee table, though. "Grace" would probably stub her toe, or ram her shin into it and hurl it out the back door!

:rotfl: :rotfl: We have a wrought iron base on our coffee table... and the top is slate... so it weighs about 300 lbs... one of the two "Grace's" (me or Elizabeth) is CONSTANTLY getting imaled by that darn thing!!!!!!!

(but during the hurricanes, when the front doors wouldn't stay shut without rattling off the hinges, it made a GREAT barricade!!! (That and the hockey stick wedged into the handles... hows THAT for Yankee ingenuity??)

RachelTori
03-28-2006, 07:10 AM
I have a friend who works for a Florida-Based Travel Agency. She said the TA's are scheduled for 12 hour days starting April 4 (the 1st day to book the DCL TransAtlantic). She said they have a HUGE waiting list. :confused3 Yeah, but I wonder how much that list will shrink when it's actually time to make that deposit and commit to that kind of spending :eek:

:rotfl2:

kikipug
03-28-2006, 07:11 AM
Never mind...

kikipug
03-28-2006, 07:19 AM

Reminds me of the school of 'Cliff Claven-voiced' fish in Nemo!!!!

wdwgoose
03-28-2006, 07:20 AM
GOOD MORNIN ALL

have work to get done today so

enjoy

have a good day

gaRRy :firefight

MarkRG
03-28-2006, 07:30 AM
Never mind...

It could easily go both ways Karen, and has in the past, why I say maybe. They ran Pirates on DCL a good deal before it's release date. But typically have held firm to the release dates from what I've read on the main forum, usually showing it at midnight in the WD theater. I want to see it too, but am really not going to get my hopes up that much, more a wait and see position.

In rumaging around, I found this interesting article, first, he writes this confusing article about it being premiered at Lowes, and second he has these fascinating pictures of a Hercules Main Street Electrical parade that ran in NY for it's premiere.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1894

kikipug
03-28-2006, 07:40 AM
In rumaging around, I found this interesting article, first, he's not happy at all about it being premiered at Lowes

Obviously, he fails to realize that they have NO intention of filling the place.

MarkRG
03-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Obviously, he fails to realize that they have NO intention of filling the place.

Ya, I know, he misses a whole bunch of things there, including that is the big race week at Charlotte, and they may actually fill it out.

And he also is confusing(why I edited my comment on him), in about halfway down the article he writes:
Well, if you're a frustrated East Coast-based Disneyana fan ... Do I have some good news for you!

Which I can only take as being happy about it arriving, after the first half of the article being so negative.

kikipug
03-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Ya, I know, he misses a whole bunch of things there, including that is the big race week at Charlotte, and they may actually fill it out.

If it weren't for the cruise, we'd probably be there. My best friend lives in Charlotte, and we've been trying to get up there for a race... it would have been PERFECT to be able to get to the premiere!!!!! (I'm sure she'll be taking her kids to that one!!!)

Tickets are only $10 on ticketmaster, with the $ going to the Victory Junction Gang Camp.

TiggerInNY
03-28-2006, 08:01 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: We have a wrought iron base on our coffee table... and the top is slate... so it weighs about 300 lbs... one of the two "Grace's" (me or Elizabeth) is CONSTANTLY getting imaled by that darn thing!!!!!!!

(but during the hurricanes, when the front doors wouldn't stay shut without rattling off the hinges, it made a GREAT barricade!!! (That and the hockey stick wedged into the handles... hows THAT for Yankee ingenuity??)

That's a visual and one I'd rather not experience. The front door wouldn't stay shut. No thanks. I'll stay here in NY with the snow. And this year was no big thing. Hurricanes scare the bageezus out of me.

edited to add: A U-TOP with Kikipug, hurricanes, hockey sticks and one HEAVY table.

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 08:10 AM
I have a friend who works for a Florida-Based Travel Agency. She said the TA's are scheduled for 12 hour days starting April 4 (the 1st day to book the DCL TransAtlantic). She said they have a HUGE waiting list. :confused3 Yeah, but I wonder how much that list will shrink when it's actually time to make that deposit and commit to that kind of spending :eek:

Our intention, when making our April 2007 cruise plans, was to switch to a DCL transatlantic. Luckily we'll be in DC on April 4th when the ressies start so we won't have the temptation to book it. Just too much $$$ right now for us.

Mike and I have discussed what to do with the April 2007 ressies now, b/c we weren't planning on cruising that cruise.....we've decided to wait and see when our "family" is cruising again and possibly switch it over to that cruise. :)

TiggerInNY
03-28-2006, 08:15 AM
Good morning everyone,

Believe it or not, DH and I BOTH slept all night last night. Waahhooo!!! There IS a GOD! I woke up at one point, I think it was 3:00am and was going to come down and post but I rolled over and fell back to sleep. I could put my hammer away for now. Tonight is another night....:lmao:

kikipug
03-28-2006, 08:15 AM
That's a visual and one I'd rather not experience. The front door wouldn't stay shut. No thanks.

A little background... the front doors (double doors, full glass) would stay shut, but rattled fiercely because the little 'button-thingy' that keeps the 'unused' door' in place had broken off when we moved in... we never really thought about fixing it til we realized that 100 mph winds made the doors rattle 'just a bit'. (We had the entire door opening sealed in plywood... so the little bit of wind that got in there made LOTS of noise... the hockey stick and the table kept it to a dull roar.)

We probably should have left the hockey stick and the table so that the new owners are prepared... nah... we left the plywood (all pre-drilled and labelled)... that was enough.

BWVPam
03-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Cruise Related:

Laura -- we booked this one as well!!

BWVPam
03-28-2006, 08:33 AM

Yes -- we will be at Beach Club Villas

BWVPam
03-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Well -- just got caught up reading all the posts. I tried logging in last night and never could get in, so I just went to bed. Anyway, have to run to the doctor's this morning so I am still at home. Amazing what you can get done when you don't leave the house at 6:45 a.m. The house is actually picked up, kitchen cleaned and clothes in washer and dryer. Folks are driving through here tonight on their way back to Austin, so least they won't see my house totally destroyed.

Have a great day everyone!!

TiggerInNY
03-28-2006, 09:34 AM
A little background... the front doors (double doors, full glass) would stay shut, but rattled fiercely because the little 'button-thingy' that keeps the 'unused' door' in place had broken off when we moved in... we never really thought about fixing it til we realized that 100 mph winds made the doors rattle 'just a bit'. (We had the entire door opening sealed in plywood... so the little bit of wind that got in there made LOTS of noise... the hockey stick and the table kept it to a dull roar.)

We probably should have left the hockey stick and the table so that the new owners are prepared... nah... we left the plywood (all pre-drilled and labelled)... that was enough.

That was mighty nice of you.

TiggerInNY
03-28-2006, 09:38 AM
Got my little guy home today with a temperature. It was 103 this morning but now down to 99. So pathetic when they are sick. Nice and quiet though. He must be feeling better cause he's playing video games now. That's always a good indication of how they are feeling.

OK, better get back to the laundry. Like Pam said, at least all my housework is getting done. Talk to y'all later.

Pam - I saw your post on the "cooler" thread. yeah, now I have too many coolers/bags. That's OK, that big one will carry the big bottle of Seagrams for the hubby and the 7-up to go with it. He loves 7&7s, but around our house we just call them a "14" :rotfl: .

Chow for now.....

justmestace
03-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Our intention, when making our April 2007 cruise plans, was to switch to a DCL transatlantic. Luckily we'll be in DC on April 4th when the ressies start so we won't have the temptation to book it. Just too much $$$ right now for us.

Mike and I have discussed what to do with the April 2007 ressies now, b/c we weren't planning on cruising that cruise.....we've decided to wait and see when our "family" is cruising again and possibly switch it over to that cruise. :)

Turks & Caicos! or somewhere great!!

justmestace
03-28-2006, 09:44 AM
Good Morning!

Maria, glad you both slept!

Busy day today, so I'm out of here.....Have a great day, everyone.....:sunny: (it's raining here)

dobelover
03-28-2006, 10:04 AM
we've decided to wait and see when our "family" is cruising again and possibly switch it over to that cruise. :)

Same with us!

Sue

sjtracey
03-28-2006, 10:15 AM

We are! :wave: We'll be staying at the AKL until June 6. Then it'll be back to reality for us.

--Samantha

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 10:39 AM

Well, two less spots to fill - we are not going.... :sad2:

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
It could easily go both ways Karen, and has in the past, why I say maybe. They ran Pirates on DCL a good deal before it's release date. But typically have held firm to the release dates from what I've read on the main forum, usually showing it at midnight in the WD theater. I want to see it too, but am really not going to get my hopes up that much, more a wait and see position.

In rumaging around, I found this interesting article, first, he writes this confusing article about it being premiered at Lowes, and second he has these fascinating pictures of a Hercules Main Street Electrical parade that ran in NY for it's premiere.

http://www.jimhillmedia.com/article.php?id=1894

Let's start a rumour that PC2 will be shown on the ship - why???

Look at all the pirate pins scheduled to be released in May....

Next month - I shall check and see if there are any set for the end of May????

OK - back to reality.

dobelover
03-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Irene - 12 bottle pack of Smithwick for $9.99, is that a good price?

Sue

top with Irene and beer!!!!!!!

CajunGirl2
03-28-2006, 10:48 AM
Good morning all ... what's left of the morning here on the east coast. I'm home today. I woke up with an AWFUL headache so crawled back in bed and slept until 11:00! It's definitely sinuses & allergies. My ears are hurting & eyes are itching & burning. Think I'll just take it easy today rather than pulling the laptop out of the truck to actually do work.

Ang

TiggerInNY
03-28-2006, 11:00 AM
Hi - just stopped by while I finish my lunch. Weather here in NY is very nice today. Sun is out and my thermometer says 61, but it doesn't quite feel THAT warm. But I'll take it. I think we're over the hump of winter...finally. Now baseball season can start.

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Irene - 12 bottle pack of Smithwick for $9.99, is that a good price?

Sue

top with Irene and beer!!!!!!!

Oh my - YES - 6 pack here runs 6.99-7.49 or so...

Glad you grabbed the top, I set you up---teamwork :cheer2:

dobelover
03-28-2006, 11:23 AM
Oh my - YES - 6 pack here runs 6.99-7.49 or so...

Glad you grabbed the top, I set you up---teamwork :cheer2:

Jeanne likes a cold one every now and then, I will pick this up for her tomorrow.

Sue

scuba.mom
03-28-2006, 11:29 AM

Well, I am hoping the "family" chooses a date before our cruise so we can book on board. In two weeks I start the trek to Orlando 5 nights a week with Lisa. Jim has promised us a laptop for Lisa's homework and my bill paying, DISing, etc. I will actually have time to "chat" if this happens, so we need to determine where we are going next. Besides, I can't finish a cruise without the hope of another one, and right now we don't have any others booked. Let's hear ideas???

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Well, I am hoping the "family" chooses a date before our cruise so we can book on board. In two weeks I start the trek to Orlando 5 nights a week with Lisa. Jim has promised us a laptop for Lisa's homework and my bill paying, DISing, etc. I will actually have time to "chat" if this happens, so we need to determine where we are going next. Besides, I can't finish a cruise without the hope of another one, and right now we don't have any others booked. Let's hear ideas???

Plus when you book onboard you usually get a 10% discount and a hefty stateroom credit (our last one was $200 stateroom credit!)

We usually vacation May and December, but are flexible to a degree. OSU football season puts a damper on things.

Magic will be in the Med next May, why not Wonder back to backs??? Double scoop, plus think of the fun we could all have between disembarkation and embarkation!!!!! :) :) Plus no formal night to have to deal with!! :)

kikipug
03-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Magic will be in the Med next May, why not Wonder back to backs??? Double scoop, plus think of the fun we could all have between disembarkation and embarkation!!!!! :) :) Plus no formal night to have to deal with!! :)

Just looking at current rates... the 4-night Wonder for the same timeframe as we're going this year is only $500 less than this year's 7 night!!!!!!!! :scared1: For $200 more (and still less than I paid for this one), I can do 7 days on that "other" good cruise line AND get a balcony... shh... I know, I know, its not the same

whnim64
03-28-2006, 01:39 PM
Sorry, but we're not planning any more cruises in the future until we decide to go to Alaska :guilty:. We're not planning on taking DS with us, so unless one of his sisters is willing to take him for a couple of weeks, our Alaskan cruise won't be until after he graduates in (hopefully) 7 years :sad2: .

RachelTori
03-28-2006, 01:47 PM

That's the beauty of having a ressie so far off in the future - the deposit's been paid and yet you can keep changing the date without penalty until you get within that final window (was it 75 or 90 days out?). :thumbsup2

Boy, I sure do wish the Magic would head to Alaska :cloud9:

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Jeanne likes a cold one every now and then, I will pick this up for her tomorrow.

Sue

I wish I could help her toast a few....

Oh well, I am there in spirit..... :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Sandi - we are with you - next cruise is to Alaska

So what do we do when we are on board - book a 7 day - any 7 day as late as they will let us and then move it to 2008?

But can we do that if we are using points? You can only use points 11 months out so, I think not....pooh!

We did not book anything on board in November since we had this trip booked before our November trip (oh decisions decisions).

On the home front - (DM) please grant me patience! NOW

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
But can we do that if we are using points? You can only use points 11 months out so, I think not....pooh!

I know this is beat to death on the DVC board, and we have been known to do it on occasion, but really you can make more money if you book the cruise with cash and then rent your points out for $10 per point. It'll pay off the cruise and cover spa ressies to boot! :) At least that was last time I checked before the DCL price hike (although, I'm sure there was an associated DVC/DCL point hike for cruises)

Think about it.

CajunGirl2
03-28-2006, 02:33 PM
I'm thinking that if we cruise again, it won't be until 2008. I think we have a trip to WDW planned for next year. We won't be able to book for '08 onboard, right? We'd just have to pick some other date then switch in the fall when '08 comes out, right?

Ang

CajunGirl2
03-28-2006, 02:36 PM
I know this is beat to death on the DVC board, and we have been known to do it on occasion, but really you can make more money if you book the cruise with cash and then rent your points out for $10 per point. It'll pay off the cruise and cover spa ressies to boot! :) At least that was last time I checked before the DCL price hike (although, I'm sure there was an associated DVC/DCL point hike for cruises)

Think about it.

I'd be willing to rent DVC points from someone I "know" for '07. We enjoyed our stay at OKW in '04 thanks to Hurricane Jeanne. I'd be willing to try DVC again as long as I'm not paying rack rates!

Ang

CajunGirl2
03-28-2006, 02:37 PM
I'm outta here for a while. Need to go run by the grocery before picking up the girls from day care. Will be throwing on a baseball cap since my hair & make-up are not done today. I'll try to check in again before Idol tonight.

Ang

A U.T.O.P.!!! pirate:

extra pdfg pixiedust:

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
I'd be willing to rent DVC points from someone I "know" for '07. We enjoyed our stay at OKW in '04 thanks to Hurricane Jeanne. I'd be willing to try DVC again as long as I'm not paying rack rates!

Ang

We have something like 492 "extra" points this year! (too many cruises). I'm trying to talk Mike into letting me rent them out. I mean, at $10 a point, that's a good chunk of change!

When are you planning to go to WDW in '07?

Dancind
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM

Alicia was reading my Cruise magazine last night, it had an article on cruising with teens. She liked the sound of all the teen stuff they have on Princess' big ships. Since many of you will have teens by then, is that a possibility?

Dancind
03-28-2006, 02:55 PM
I rented out almost all of my '06 OKW points to one guy, at $10 per. He's using it for 6 nights in a Grand Villa in September. Oh my, did he get a deal! That room would cost something like $1400 a night from Disney, he's getting it for about $400 a night. I will probably be renting more points out in 2007, if we're going cruising again. But I'm thinking the rental cost is going up a bit, because the darn membership dues keep going up. Big jump this year.

So, you guys are thinking book something on board, then rebook for summer '08? That might not be a good time for us, since DD will be 17. That's an in between age for a Disney cruise. Too old for the teen group, really, but too young for the adult activities and Palo. She would go if she could eat at Palo, I think!

Dancind
03-28-2006, 02:59 PM
We have something like 492 "extra" points this year! (too many cruises). I'm trying to talk Mike into letting me rent them out. I mean, at $10 a point, that's a good chunk of change!

It's a seller's market OM. Take a look at the DVC Rent/Trade board. I guess that board was mentioned in a WDW guidebook! Since Disney isn't offering much in the way of discounts these days, there are lots of people there looking for deals. My guy only had like 3 posts. But he wanted lots of points, and I told him half now and half two months out, by cashier's check. If you accept Paypal, not only do they charge you fees, but they could reverse the charge on you. So I gave him a good deal.

But yes, I think you can trust Angie! Just a bit of advice, since she probably won't need all 492 points!

DVCcruise
03-28-2006, 03:04 PM

We also have some points to rent out. We paid for 1 cruise with points, but booked early enough to save money. Sold 06's points to pay for the down payment (plus some credit card bills). Points would've been about 600 for the cruise and we paid closer to $3000. So we saved a boat load. I'll have to figure out what to do with 07's points. No trips to Disney planned for us, we are really hooked on cruising.

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 03:26 PM

Think about it.

Oh my - more to think about....I have not ventured on the DVC board....yet....so I book a cruise -- say 2007 - then I push it over to 2008 -- then in 2008, I rent my points out for the "going rate" in 2008 or is it always $10.????

Thanks (my brain may not thank you right now but my heart does). :grouphug:

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 03:28 PM

Ang

Ang - we are using ours in 2007 --- at least that is the plan right now...

just in case that was a "hint".....now for 2008????

armyfam
03-28-2006, 04:10 PM
Good Afternoon, Everyone!!

I just saw this and thought you'd all enjoy it to get in the cruise mood!!!

http://www.zippyvideos.com/6071420004547766/photostory8_2/

Sometimes I get so busy lurking and catching up here, that I miss what is going on over on the main board!!

susan

justmestace
03-28-2006, 04:14 PM
:offtopic: Nothing to do with DVC, sorry. My TA called today....she is making one more phone call for us to see if she can find out about Cozumel, and/or the alternative.

Anyway.....she was checking my "dummy" reservation that I had made onboard the Mexican Riviera cruise. We were holding it to use toward whatever DCL was doing in Summer '07. But since DCL called me, and I told them I wasn't going on the Med cruise, we were going to cancel the "dummy" reservation and put the money on a different cruise.
DCL had already changed my dummy reservation to one of the 10 Night Med cruises....in a Cat 3....which makes the deposit non-refundable!! I had originally been holding a Cat 4. $1000 deposit. I told them that we weren't going on the day that they made the announcement...so you tell me WHY they would book me a suite???
Luckily my TA is like a bulldog (only way cuter!) because she will dog them until they give me my money back.
What if the cruise they booked me on had not been a good date for us?

What that means is that they already had people booked, before they even started making the phone calls from the Inventory Control faxes!
My TA had another family that DCL had already automatically booked. Lucky for them, they want to go, and love the room and the date.
But, they had also booked another of my TA's clients for an 11 night, when they had requested Repo!

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

scuba diver
03-28-2006, 04:15 PM

I think you just listed a whole bunch of reasons to kill the lap top idea. Sounds like it is going to be way to expensive.

justmestace
03-28-2006, 04:19 PM

Sometimes I get so busy lurking and catching up here, that I miss what is going on over on the main board!!

susan

I LOVE IT!!! I WANT TO GO NOW!!!!

justmestace
03-28-2006, 04:22 PM
Why can't I go to my Private Messages??????

I get a plain blue screen.

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Stacey - one was from me - And I just sent you another "test"////

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 04:25 PM

susan

WOW WOW WOW!!!!! COOOL!!! YES, I am ready for this!!!

Thanks for finding that and sharing it!

Tracker should post that to the teen/tween board. Get the kids excited!

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 04:28 PM
TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

off to make the standard "mike is on call" dinner.....CREPES. :)

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 04:32 PM

susan

Susan -- is this for real....mine will not play and it says for adults only??????

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I think you just listed a whole bunch of reasons to kill the lap top idea. Sounds like it is going to be way to expensive.

I beg to differ - sounds like a good way to enhance quality time, relaxation and cruisin"""""

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Jim - pm'd you about diving.

justmestace
03-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Susan -- is this for real....mine will not play and it says for adults only??????

I wondered about the "adult only" too...but it's probably a standard warning. It's a wonderful clip of pictures from DCL and music! Makes me soooooo want to go right now!

armyfam
03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
WOW WOW WOW!!!!! COOOL!!! YES, I am ready for this!!!

Thanks for finding that and sharing it!

Tracker should post that to the teen/tween board. Get the kids excited!

Good idea....!

justmestace
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Got another blue screen, but managed to read all PM's. Now the Boards are really slow. Maybe it's interference from the rain/clouds.

CRUISE RELATED:

My TA just called. She spoke to someone at DCL who said that they have every reason to believe that we WILL be going to CC twice, Costa Maya and Cozumel.
For what that's worth anyway.

And she actually had to argue with them to get them to say that they will refund me my $1000. No one there could figure out why they gave me a room on a Med cruise, when I had told them no. :confused3

armyfam
03-28-2006, 04:54 PM

Can you get it to play?
It isn't anything bad at all...above the player on the screen there is a button that does say "Adult only content" or something like that, but it is not for this particular video.

If it doesn't play for you, there is an FAQ that will tell you which WMP you need. I couldn't get it to play on my MAC...only the PC.

Hopefully, you'll be able to see it!

susan

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Can you get it to play?
It isn't anything bad at all...above the player on the screen there is a button that does say "Adult only content" or something like that, but it is not for this particular video.

If it doesn't play for you, there is an FAQ that will tell you which WMP you need. I couldn't get it to play on my MAC...only the PC.

susan

I went to the main board and if I recall I have looked at this posters videos before, but no, I could not get it to play - I do not even get a screen, just a toolbar. I did increase the volume and can hear the music - now is that a tease. I will try the FAQ.....for the pc. :badpc: :badpc: won't let me see video :badpc: :badpc: when I should be working :badpc: :badpc:

itdjbw
03-28-2006, 05:11 PM

You could join us in September 2 weeks Alaska!!!

chip&dale&fun
03-28-2006, 05:11 PM
Got another blue screen, but managed to read all PM's. Now the Boards are really slow. Maybe it's interference from the rain/clouds.

CRUISE RELATED:

My TA just called. She spoke to someone at DCL who said that they have every reason to believe that we WILL be going to CC twice, Costa Maya and Cozumel.

And she actually had to argue with them to get them to say that they will refund me my $1000. No one there could figure out why they gave me a room on a Med cruise, when I had told them no. :confused3

As if DCL needs your $1000 -- geeez!

And I still cannot get the video to play. Checked FAQ. Have the correct software...neat music...oh well....

armyfam
03-28-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi All!

Again, while reading the main board I came across this driving warning from Shirley (of the Perfect Gift fame), to all of us who will be cruising down the highways and byways before the actual cruise begins!!: :cool1:

(I'm sorry if you've already seen it!)

If you will be driving into Cape Canaveral - consider this a warning
Hello there,
I just thought I would put a bug in your ear - when driving over here to Brevard county, be aware that additional forces have been put on the roads for speeders, DWI, etc - I won't warn the DWI's but I do want to tell you that as you leave Hwy 528 and come into Cape Canaveral the speed drops super fast first to 45 and then 35 miles per hr. - there must have been 10 cars pulled over to the side this afternoon and most were out of towners. You don't realize the speeding limit has dropped until its too late and the police are out in forces. So if you are not driving while drinking or doing something illegal,I just wanted to make you aware of the quick change, take heed. ESPECIALLY ON THE WEEKENDS.
Always
Shirley and Norm

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 05:19 PM
Saw this before our last trip and it was definitely true. There were cops out all along that stretch of road.

Don't be TOO excited to get there that you get pulled over. Remember, the Cocoa Beach police department does NOT take the KTTW card!!! :lmao:

armyfam
03-28-2006, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE=

And I still cannot get the video to play. Checked FAQ. Have the correct software...neat music...oh well....[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry you can't view it. I don't know what else to suggest other than what your icon is saying!!

It was a picture slideshow of their cruise--however, the pictures were generic in that there were no family members in the photos.

I like the first and last song...I wish I knew the name of it!

susan

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM

susan

"Get Ready for This" by 2 Unlimited

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 05:22 PM

susan

PM me your snail mail address and I'll pop something in the mail for you.

Shhhhh, Jeri, don't tell!!!!

TOP!!!!

itdjbw
03-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Can you get it to play?

susan

It played for me and NOW I am ready.................okay still got lots to do, weight to loose and magnets to make!!!! :lmao:

itdjbw
03-28-2006, 05:36 PM
"Get Ready for This" by 2 Unlimited

Thanks, I love the music too.

itdjbw
03-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Oh gosh I cannot stop yawning, you would think DH and I never slep or something!!! :confused3

scuba diver
03-28-2006, 05:49 PM

susan

I watched it and will admit, I'm now ready to go.

scuba diver
03-28-2006, 05:53 PM
PM me your snail mail address and I'll pop something in the mail for you.

Shhhhh, Jeri, don't tell!!!!

TOP!!!!

She's mailing more COOKIES. I want some more!!

Irene, you can stand by your PO Box because I mailed you something today. I hope they are still fresh.

whnim64
03-28-2006, 06:06 PM

http://www.zippyvideos.com/60714200.../photostory8_2/

I watched it and will admit, I'm now ready to go.

I watched, but had no sound! We're looking forward to the sail-away party. On our first cruise they moved it to the atrium because of rain/drizzle, and we chose to stay up on deck to watch as we sailed out into the open seas.

whnim64
03-28-2006, 06:12 PM
I didn't realize that it's time to 'spring forward' this weekend until we got the church newsletter in the mail today with the reminder. Where has the time gone :confused3 .

sjtracey
03-28-2006, 06:13 PM
armyfam][/b]Good Afternoon, Everyone!!

http://www.zippyvideos.com/60714200.../photostory8_2/ (http://www.zippyvideos.com/6071420004547766/photostory8_2/)

susan

It won't play for me either. Says it's an unsupported format. Maybe it's a Mac thing?

--Samantha

sjtracey
03-28-2006, 06:16 PM

Was there ever a question of if we'd be going to CC twice, or was it just the other ports that were (are?) in doubt? The double-visit to CC was the only reason Jim wanted to go on this cruise.

--Samantha

RachelTori
03-28-2006, 06:17 PM
It won't play for me either. Says it's an unsupported format. Maybe it's a Mac thing?

--Samantha

I can't get it to play either.

tinksdad
03-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Speaking of things that don't work, or do work. Check out this video commercial from Honda! (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php)

There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything
you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it. The film
took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor,
didn't work.

They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent
weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready
to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three
months to complete including full engineering of the sequence.

In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on
British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of
us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most
downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure
the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't
paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!). When the ad was
pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without
any hesitation - including the costs.

There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the horror
of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the
film.

Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and
complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars. The voiceover is
Garrison Keillor. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked
it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten.

They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.

Oh. and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the
windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing
their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit
weird in the commercial.

dzneprincess
03-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Cruise related..
Hi guys.. Have any of you ever sailed the Mariner of the Seas??? My dear friend was supposed to be on the 04/23 sailing if the Star Princess....Our TA was able to get her into to the same sailing but on the Mariner in a D2 Category Western Itinerary....any info appreciated..I tried looking at cruise critic....but I forget how overwhelming it is to get to a message board for the first time...oh vey

dzneprincess
03-28-2006, 06:41 PM
:offtopic: Nothing to do with DVC, sorry. My TA called today....she is making one more phone call for us to see if she can find out about Cozumel, and/or the alternative.

Anyway.....she was checking my "dummy" reservation that I had made onboard the Mexican Riviera cruise. We were holding it to use toward whatever DCL was doing in Summer '07. But since DCL called me, and I told them I wasn't going on the Med cruise, we were going to cancel the "dummy" reservation and put the money on a different cruise.
DCL had already changed my dummy reservation to one of the 10 Night Med cruises....in a Cat 3....which makes the deposit non-refundable!! I had originally been holding a Cat 4. $1000 deposit. I told them that we weren't going on the day that they made the announcement...so you tell me WHY they would book me a suite???
Luckily my TA is like a bulldog (only way cuter!) because she will dog them until they give me my money back.
What if the cruise they booked me on had not been a good date for us?

What that means is that they already had people booked, before they even started making the phone calls from the Inventory Control faxes!
My TA had another family that DCL had already automatically booked. Lucky for them, they want to go, and love the room and the date.
But, they had also booked another of my TA's clients for an 11 night, when they had requested Repo!

:sad2: :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

slackjawed here! I cant believe they would book you without verifying that is what you wanted! Esp with a non refundable depo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dzneprincess
03-28-2006, 06:43 PM

CRUISE RELATED:

phew! I still cant believe they did that!

dzneprincess
03-28-2006, 06:46 PM
Saw this before our last trip and it was definitely true. There were cops out all along that stretch of road.

Don't be TOO excited to get there that you get pulled over. Remember, the Cocoa Beach police department does NOT take the KTTW card!!! :lmao:

Yes my DH can prove it too! After driving 400+ miles to get there and he gets pulled over 1 mile from the stink port!! 1 ticket and $180 later, and all he got was a wife who said " Now you cant complain when I tell you to slow down!":lmao:

dzneprincess
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Oh gosh I cannot stop yawning, you would think DH and I never slep or something!!! :confused3
Why Julia, you saucy thing you:lmao:

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 06:48 PM

--Samantha

Nope. It played for me and I'm anti-Mac. That's why we won't let Virgil visit anymore.....he'll talk us into switching over from PC's to Macs. :) :lmao: :lmao:

dzneprincess
03-28-2006, 06:50 PM
Speaking of things that don't work, or do work. Check out this video commercial from Honda! (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/honda.php)

There are no computer graphics or digital tricks in the film. Everything
you see really happened in real time exactly as you see it. The film
took 606 takes. On the first 605 takes, something, usually very minor,
didn't work.

They would then have to set the whole thing up again. The crew spent
weeks shooting night and day. By the time it was over, they were ready
to change professions. The film cost six million dollars and took three
months to complete including full engineering of the sequence.

In addition, it's two minutes long so every time Honda airs the film on
British television, they're shelling out enough dough to keep any one of
us in clover for a lifetime. However, it is fast becoming the most
downloaded advertisement in Internet history. Honda executives figure
the ad will soon pay for itself simply in "free viewings" (Honda isn't
paying a dime to have you watch this commercial!). When the ad was
pitched to senior executives, they signed off on it immediately without
any hesitation - including the costs.

There are six and only six hand-made Accords in the world. To the horror
of Honda engineers, the filmmakers disassembled two of them to make the
film.

Everything you see in the film (aside from the walls, floor, ramp, and
complete Honda Accord) are parts from those two cars. The voiceover is
Garrison Keillor. When the ad was shown to Honda executives, they liked
it and commented on how amazing computer graphics have gotten.

They fell off their chairs when they found out it was for real.

Oh. and about those funky windshield wipers. On the new Accords, the
windshield wipers have water sensors and are designed to start doing
their thing automatically as soon as they become wet. It looks a bit
weird in the commercial.

OK I had no problem viewing the slideshow, but why cant I see this? All I get is the Quicktime Logo with a ?? in the middle

dzneprincess
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM
I guess i Have scared everyone away...off to read cruise critic now to garner more info on the Mariner...still would love personal experinces if there are any here

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 06:55 PM

Cool....
that reminds me...
Have you seen this one?

I got it as an email download, but luckily a google search pointed me to a format that ya'll could see.

Enjoy.

http://www.funnyville.com/funny-commercials/rav4.html

tinksdad
03-28-2006, 06:58 PM
OK I had no problem viewing the slideshow, but why cant I see this? All I get is the Quicktime Logo with a ?? in the middle
It requires Flash Player. If you want and don't have it, I believe you can download it.

It's pretty cool. Kind like a big domino like thing using parts from the Accord!

kikipug
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Shhh... everybody behave and act normal (yeah... right)... Ray is setting up his username... he should be here any minute... as soon as he's done catching up with the 32,246 posts that he's missed...

ohiominnie
03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Cruise related..
Hi guys.. Have any of you ever sailed the Mariner of the Seas??? My dear friend was supposed to be on the 04/23 sailing if the Star Princess....Our TA was able to get her into to the same sailing but on the Mariner in a D2 Category Western Itinerary....any info appreciated..I tried looking at cruise critic....but I forget how overwhelming it is to get to a message board for the first time...oh vey

My sister in law and her new DH went on the Mariner of the Seas last December. They LOVED it!! They went for a belated honeymoon (October wedding, but she's a student and teaching assistant, so had to wait for break) They had a BLAST! Said the food was great. Entertainment was great. Lots to do (we've seen pictures of them on the climbing wall, etc etc) She can't wait to go back, but he's the financially frugal one in the family and he says "not now."

HTH. I can get more info if you have specific questions. :)