PDA

View Full Version : 5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 7

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

mickeymo
02-26-2006, 05:42 PM
rats - one more...

edited to add...

oh yeah oh yeah.... :woohoo:

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 7 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=653643

chip&dale&fun
02-26-2006, 05:42 PM
:thumbsup2 Been surfing some uw photo sites and came across this shot of a pygmy seahorse. Isn't he cute??

http://home.att.net/~randapex/DSC_032pygmy_bar-01600.jpg

Some terrific supermarco work!!

Great photo!!!!!

mickeymo
02-26-2006, 05:43 PM
:cool1: oh yeah!!!

Irene were'd ya go???

mickeymo
02-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Irene,

Let me be the first to celebrate our milestone posts with you!!! :cheer2:

chip&dale&fun
02-26-2006, 05:49 PM
:cool1: oh yeah!!!

Irene were'd ya go???

I was on the phone with CC Club trying to get Palo's brunch. She said:

There are no more reservations available at this time. they may or may not release any more. I asked about all the folks that are 75 days out. She did not know.

She said ressies are at midnight Eastern Time - not western time...so new cruisers please be alert.

She said there is NO WAY that DCL or CCC can make ressies. She suggests we check back. She did frind it stange that there were none available today so perhaps Disney us holding some back?

Oh well.....Last cruise we kept saying we did not have time to do everything on board, because we had too much planned...Perhaps that was a sign.

And CCC was able to clear the problems with Seahorse, so now I have 2 times....not sure if I will keep them, and if not, will release so someone else can grab them....

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 05:50 PM
Congrats to Monica on post #28000

Congrats to Irene on reply #28000

chip&dale&fun
02-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Irene,

Let me be the first to celebrate our milestone posts with you!!! :cheer2:

And with Kevin and his terrific dive pictures.....

Tonight - I plan on watching the closing ceremonies..... :sunny:

Gish, blush, blush - and a TOP -- things are looking up!!!!!!

mickeymo
02-26-2006, 05:53 PM
I was on the phone with CC Club trying to get Palo's brunch. She said:

There are no more reservations available at this time. they may or may not release any more. I asked about all the folks that are 75 days out. She did not know.

She said ressies are at midnight Eastern Time - not western time...so new cruisers please be alert.

She said there is NO WAY that my friend could have called DCL or CC and received ressies... Yes, she did say that....

Oh well.....Last cruise we kept saying we did not have time to do everything on board, because we had too much planned...Perhaps that was a sign.

And CCC was able to clear the problems with Seahorse, so now I have 2 times....not sure if I will keep them, and if not, will release so someone else can grab them....

Can you jump on at 75 days out and try again? It's interesting the different responses everyone is receiving. So, midnight not 3:00am? hmmm...

Don't know if it's true - but, aren't the castmembers only supposed to answer direct questions and not volunteer information. Still shaking my head at the various answers and results today...

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 05:54 PM
I callede DCL - as I was getting technical errors. They told me ressies opened up at midnight EASTERN time and everyone else got them before we were on line at 3:00 am. And they could NOT make them for me...hum////

I can guranatee that the lines were not opened at midnight Eastern. I woke up and got online about 11:30 central (so 12:30 eastern). Logged on and got into my reservation without problems and when I went to check about booking it gave me the could not book message. Did a bunch of stuff online (mostly designing t-shirts for the member cruise). Tried again at 1:50 central time (2:50 eastern) same message. Right at 2 am I clicked and was able to get everything I wanted. So it definately went on at 3 am eastern.

mickeymo
02-26-2006, 05:54 PM
...Which goes to prove the adage - when at first you don't succeed - try, try again... I'd keep calling and asking the same questions....

mickeymo
02-26-2006, 05:56 PM
...off to the store...

TTFN :tigger:

yippeeDCL
02-26-2006, 06:04 PM
I can guranatee that the lines were not opened at midnight Eastern. I woke up and got online about 11:30 central (so 12:30 eastern). Logged on and got into my reservation without problems and when I went to check about booking it gave me the could not book message. Did a bunch of stuff online (mostly designing t-shirts for the member cruise). Tried again at 1:50 central time (2:50 eastern) same message. Right at 2 am I clicked and was able to get everything I wanted. So it definately went on at 3 am eastern.

I tried @ 11:30 central (12:30 eastern)...I could not get in. :eek:

CajunGirl2
02-26-2006, 06:51 PM
Whew ... that took me a while to catch up today!

Congrats to Lisa, Kelly & Ashley on their accomplishments this weekend! Way to go!!!

Congrats to all of you that were able to snag ressies. I too wonder if they hold any back for us 75-day folks ... and NO trying to snag our ressies to you 90-day folks.

Congrats to Monica & Irene on your milestone posts.

I should be cleaning house. It NEVER gets done.
Ang

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 07:44 PM
Mark or Mary,

I was starting to work on our magnetic door sign and would like a larger copy of the double scoop logo than you have posted on your site. Do you have another??

I would like one to to make a door magnet, can you PM it to me??
Thanks

RachelTori
02-26-2006, 07:46 PM

Yep - I was sitting here trying not to fall asleep at 2:50 a.m. (Eastern) - DCL site up, reservation retrieved, on "My Cruise Plans" page: "you may not book....." Every couple minutes, I'd refresh the page: "you may not book....." When I refreshed at 3 a.m. - there it was: RESERVE PALO. And I was off and running!!!

A few pages back, someone asked if you have excursions on your Wish List, will they be booked automatically? No, but they will be highlighted and easier to spot!

I need a good night's sleep tonight! :headache:

dobelover
02-26-2006, 07:57 PM
I know everyone here wants to know this, but February is skunk mating season. So that's why you'll see lots more dead skunks on the road in February. :)

I've seen lots. Even have had to slow down to avoid missing the live ones crossing the road. ;)

Thank you! I very rarely let her go outside the fence after dark. Now I know why it has just started. Hope it ends soon, don't want too many little skunks running around.

Sue

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 07:58 PM
I need a good night's sleep tonight! :headache:

You and me both!

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Here's a few more to try in a similar genre...

I'm also hooked on Jennifer Cruisie's books - similar goofy romantic mystery genre... Added bonus - she's a BGSU grad and teaches at OSU - or is it the other way around - don't remember...

Julie Garwood's suspense books are good too - I also like her earlier romance stuff. Steamy, goofy but strong female characters...

Kasey Michael's "Maggie" series is also good - 1st is Maggie by the book...

For all you foodies - Diane Mott Davidson's "Goldie the Caterer" mysteries are a good, fun read - complete with recipes... :thumbsup2

Sharon Kahn's "Ruby the Rabbi's wife" mysteries are also light and fun - the titles are hysterical...

Crossword Puzzle fans might also like Parnell Hall's "Puzzle Lady" mysteries - 1st is "A Clue for the Puzzle Lady - fun, goofy and each mystery is complete with a crossword puzzle or some type of word puzzle...

o.k. - back to laundry...otherwise I just might go to the library and get another stack of books...between reading and DISing - I'll never finish the housework...

I just read your post and turned to DH and said $%&^ I haven't done laundry yet, he said he did 2 loads so guess what I will be doing tomorrow, between reading and these boards nothing else much gets done around here, although I did clean house this afternoon.

dobelover
02-26-2006, 08:06 PM
Sorry I didn't stick around last night, had 2 nieces and nephew visiting. Gee we have fun together! Played 'nick ball' today and had a blast, (made up game with dog's ball), points, fouls, outs, dog talking ball..... The rules kept changing and we kept laughing. Haven't done any ressies, only want the stingray at CC.

Cruise ?????

Do I have to sign Nick up early for the club?

Sue

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:08 PM
Julia,
Nope I borrowed the hardback from the library....I foubd the first Undead book by accident at Sams..it was the SC and it was like 3.xx It is called Undead and Unwed...

Maybe I will have to go hit the library, just never get round to take the books back!!! I will buy it in SC as I have them all and like to keep the sets to read again.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Still at the Omaha airport...plane late coming from Chicago..always is.
Question......Do I have to PAY for all these new kids I'm getting???
Time to board....TTYL

Stacy, DS comes free and luckily for you I will keep DD :rotfl2:

Scoopie
02-26-2006, 08:14 PM
Hi everyone. I think this is my last night in GA. I had fun posing on my own Mardi Gras float today that Emily made especially for me. The girls have been lots of fun. Emily is VERY sad tonight because I'll be leaving GA tomorrow. She's a very sweet girl.

Mom Mary, can I be sure to pay a visit to Emily while on the cruise????

Scoopie
02-26-2006, 08:16 PM
Hey ... a T.O.P. pirate: Have I gotten one of these before? Sorry, my mind has gone to mush (ice cream mush that is :lmao: ) and I don't remember.

pdfg pixiedust:

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 08:17 PM
Sorry I didn't stick around last night, had 2 nieces and nephew visiting. Gee we have fun together! Played 'nick ball' today and had a blast, (made up game with dog's ball), points, fouls, outs, dog talking ball..... The rules kept changing and we kept laughing. Haven't done any ressies, only want the stingray at CC.

Cruise ?????

Do I have to sign Nick up early for the club?

Sue

Sue - you don't have to sign him up early but why not - that way you won't have to do it on the day we sail. I think it is something you can do any day between now and sailing time.

CajunGirl2
02-26-2006, 08:23 PM
As Scoopie said, Emily was very sad tonight. She started crying when I put her to bed. She asked if she could sleep with Scoopie. I couldn't say no. My intention was to mail him off to KikiKaren tomorrow but now I'm not sure if that will happen. I'll be heading to the Y before everyone else is up in the morning so I'll be leaving without Scoopie.

Ang

DVCcruise
02-26-2006, 08:26 PM
I callede DCL - as I was getting technical errors. They told me ressies opened up at midnight EASTERN time and everyone else got them before we were on line at 3:00 am. And they could NOT make them for me...hum////

At least the cast member at DCL fixed my ressies, so that I am a CC member. Then I tried to make ressies, but the site was having difficulty and couldn't retrive my ressie. :eek:

A few minutes later I was able to get on. We couldn't get Palo's on Tuesday, since everyone else wanted it then. I will keep trying back. We've never been to a Palo dinner, so I really want to this time. I guess we'll be double dipping. :cool1:

We have booked:

CC: snokel at 1:15
CM: David and Ivan's tour 8:30
Coz: Reef Snorkel...my sister's Feb. RCCL cruise just stopped there, so she suggested doing something in the water, not on land...we'll see if we make it there
CC: Parasailing at 10:30

That's it for the Lass Family! Pixie Dust needed for Palo's on Tuesday! pixiedust:

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:30 PM
Sue - you don't have to sign him up early but why not - that way you won't have to do it on the day we sail. I think it is something you can do any day between now and sailing time.

And Sue don't forget to give Stacy auth to pick up your DS so she can have the whole gang of kids :rotfl:

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:34 PM
I think they release 25% of ressies for Concierge, 25% for 90 day out, 25% for 75 day out and 25% for on board to give people with no web access a chance to make ressies. Like I said previously I forgot to book for our Sept cruise and got on board early and booked with no problem, try on board or online before as someone may release there booking.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:48 PM
Anyone watching dancing with the stars??

scuba diver
02-26-2006, 08:49 PM
Spent yesterday at Busch Gardens for Elizabeth's birthday... me and 4 12-year olds... now I am EXHAUSTED!!!! We left at 7 AM, got back at 10PM... long day to be with those kids!!! Love them dearly, but was MORE than ready for that day to end!!

But what about the boy? Did he go?

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 08:50 PM

I am and I will be very disappointed if Drew and Cheryl don't win.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Looks again like I am going to be having my own little posting party while watching the dancing.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:51 PM
I am and I will be very disappointed if Drew and Cheryl don't win.

Glad someone else is here besides me, they were great and deserve to win.

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 08:52 PM
And Sue don't forget to give Stacy auth to pick up your DS so she can have the whole gang of kids :rotfl:

Except Sue is on early seating so she wouldn't be linked to Stacey. Actually I think they did early seating differently. The only ones it shows we are linked with is Karen (OM) and family.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Except Sue is on early seating so she wouldn't be linked to Stacey. Actually I think they did early seating differently. The only ones it shows we are linked with is Karen (OM) and family.

One less for Stacy to claim, I'm sure all the ones she has will keep her busy enough.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 08:56 PM
Cannot believe Stacy and Tony are gone, they just danced so well.

tinksdad
02-26-2006, 08:58 PM
I will sneak in here and get a TOP!!

Maybe not much sneaking........

tinksdad
02-26-2006, 09:03 PM
As Scoopie said, Emily was very sad tonight. She started crying when I put her to bed. She asked if she could sleep with Scoopie. I couldn't say no. My intention was to mail him off to KikiKaren tomorrow but now I'm not sure if that will happen. I'll be heading to the Y before everyone else is up in the morning so I'll be leaving without Scoopie.

Ang
Poor Emily!! :sad:

Scoopie will be sorry he left, his heart is heavy cream.....

dobelover
02-26-2006, 09:10 PM

I have a confirmation from DCL Debbie. I will email her tomorrow just to double check.

Sue

RachelTori
02-26-2006, 09:12 PM
Cannot believe Stacy and Tony are gone, they just danced so well.

I couldn't believe it either. They were only one point behind Drew & Cheryl in the judges' scoring. I'll give Jerry credit for hanging in there and he's actually getting better, BUT I'm sorry - if he wins, it's rigged!!! Come on Drew & Cheryl!!!!! :woohoo:

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 09:29 PM
I couldn't believe it either. They were only one point behind Drew & Cheryl in the judges' scoring. I'll give Jerry credit for hanging in there and he's actually getting better, BUT I'm sorry - if he wins, it's rigged!!! Come on Drew & Cheryl!!!!! :woohoo:

I'm with you on this.

I am making Dole Whip this week, unpacked my ice cream machine which has been sitting for 2 years and going to try it for our Fridat night family dinner as it's at my house this week. Anyone else made this??

DVCcruise
02-26-2006, 09:30 PM
Can you believe Jerry is still in it?

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
Can you believe Jerry is still in it?

No I thought he was the one going first out of the 3, but I'm sure these things are rigged.

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 09:32 PM
I have a confirmation from DCL Debbie. I will email her tomorrow just to double check.

Sue

Sue - I don't think they did it wrong. I just took it that they linked us because we are sitting together. Of course it couldn't hurt to check. Unless you told them to put us on the other side of the room. :rotfl:

WDWLVR
02-26-2006, 09:33 PM
I think Jerry just has a stronger fan base. Or "vote for the worst" could be involved like they are on American Idol.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 09:37 PM
Well a couple more minutes and we will see, Drew is yummy though wether he wins or not.

Dancind
02-26-2006, 09:44 PM
I called DCL also, and they told me that there was no way that they could make reservations for us. They do not have that capablity! I am very angry right now! Don't they know that DISers talk to each other.

I'm so sorry! They DID NOT fix my reservations, they fixed my Castaway Cay membership numbers by putting them into the system for me. Then I was able to go online and get the reservations for excursions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

DVCcruise
02-26-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm so sorry! They DID NOT fix my reservations, they fixed my Castaway Cay membership numbers by putting them into the system for me. Then I was able to go online and get the reservations for excursions. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Okay, that's what they did for me. And I just thought you were special and got them to do your ressie's. I'm sad can't help anyone with computer trouble.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Well a couple more minutes and we will see, Drew is yummy though wether he wins or not.

They won it!!

DVCcruise
02-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Way to go DREW!!!!

RachelTori
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
They won it!!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

YES!!!!! I'm happy now!

Goodnight everyone!

DVCcruise
02-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Olympics are over, Dancing's over, Skating's over...what will I do? :confused3 Hey, more time to DIS! :rotfl:

WOO HOO! A TOP!

pdfg pixiedust:

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 09:54 PM
More time to clean, launder and spend time with family.

itdjbw
02-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Nite nite all

Disney Fans
02-26-2006, 10:04 PM
:thumbsup2 Been surfing some uw photo sites and came across this shot of a pygmy seahorse. Isn't he cute??

http://home.att.net/~randapex/DSC_032pygmy_bar-01600.jpg

Some terrific supermarco work!!

VERY VERY VERY CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Disney Fans
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM

I agree they were not open. Until Calf. time. I to tried at 12:00am est and then again about an hour later and couldn't get one until midnight Calf.'s time of midnight!!
But last year we could do it online at 12:00am EST which was 11:00pm my time? Odd huh?
I also bet that more times will open for those who can't book online until 75 days. I can't believe that they wouldn't save any for those who can't until then?

TiggerInNY
02-26-2006, 10:40 PM

Sue

Sue, so does that mean we have APL rotation? I'm showing 6:00 dinner. Is that correct? Thanks for setting things up for us "early" diners.

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 10:59 PM

Agreed. On our January cruise the kids club ppl were set up in the old cafe spot. There were two lines. One for ppl who had not done the pre-registration online, the other for ppl who had already done it. The "already done" line was much shorter AND the "didn't do it" line had to fill out the paperwork there with ALL of the kids information on it (whereas online they just ask you a few questions and they already HAVE the rest of the paper)

Even if you do it online, you do still need to do a quick check in at the terminal or on the ship so they can give you the pager, give the kid the wristband, ask any last minute question (food alergies and the like)

HTH

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:00 PM

Yup, we only had Mark and Mary linked with us this time. I remember on the 10 day we had EVERYONE who was on early seating on that list!! Too funny when I first pulled that up!!

btw, I didn't give Mark and Mary privledges to pick up our kids...I mean...I love them and all.....so I would'nt put them through that ordeal!!! ;)

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:02 PM
I'm with you on this.

I am making Dole Whip this week, unpacked my ice cream machine which has been sitting for 2 years and going to try it for our Fridat night family dinner as it's at my house this week. Anyone else made this??

NO WAY!!! I LOVE Dole Whips! I always just "assume" a Dole Whip is ice cream/pineapple. So I always order a "Dole Whip" and the CM says "which flavor?"

Well, like DUH....Chocolate is HARDLY one of Dole's FLAVORS!

How do you make it? And, can I make it without an ice cream machine?? Maybe soften ice cream and mix in some pineapple juice???

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Sue - I don't think they did it wrong. I just took it that they linked us because we are sitting together. Of course it couldn't hurt to check. Unless you told them to put us on the other side of the room. :rotfl:

Sue would NEVER do that......to ME! :lmao: :lmao:

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:04 PM
Olympics are over, Dancing's over, Skating's over...what will I do? :confused3 Hey, more time to DIS! :rotfl:

YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:05 PM

party pooper :( :(

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:06 PM
Sue, so does that mean we have APL rotation? I'm showing 6:00 dinner. Is that correct? Thanks for setting things up for us "early" diners.

APL on our January cruise meant 5:30 dinner.

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:07 PM
I caught up and I'm all alone.....WAAAAAA.

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:10 PM
Went to the home and garden show today. Always fun. No insulation guys though. That surprised me. Well, there were two with that foam insulation they put into your walls, but I draw the line at having them punch holes in all of my rooms I've redone!

Did find a WONDERFUL cloth though for my windows. They have some sort of "glass guard" on them and you can't use Windex. Only plain water. And they streaked HORRIBLY. This cloth came with a full money back guarantee, and since I figured I"m going BACK to the HAG show next weekend with the kids (kids weekend) then I'd try it and if it didn't work, I'd demand my money back.

IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First window I did was phenomenal!! And the second, third, etc etc. I got about 10 windows washed today insides and outsides!!!

And here I thought it was always cloudy in Ohio....it was my dirty windows!!!! (kiddin' btw!)

ohiominnie
02-26-2006, 11:11 PM
which should bring me to a TOP unless there is a pirate: out there!

pixiedust: pdfg

and on that note....I'm off to bed. Can't think of a better way to leave it!

scuba diver
02-27-2006, 05:42 AM
Stacey, you need to come back. You would set me up for a morning top....not take it like some other people. :duck:

It's 5:30 am and Sharon made the point that she is out of bed and not complaining. I hope it continues. :hug:

After reading all the posts about making reservations, I'm glad Sharon takes care of that. Sounds like you all had fun yesterday. It will all be worth it once we get on the ship!!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:19 AM
Today is the beginning of a new week -

Lots to do this week - at work and home.

I'd like to complete the scrapbok for the November cruise - did not do this during the Olympics as planned.....

Must complete at least One Nitrox dive.

Need to decide if I will make the semi-formal dress, and I think not...too much else to do.

Spring is coming and it is time to clean up the garden - it is still a wreck from the strom and lots needs doing...

And I still need to personalize Stacey's packing list so it is NOT left to the last minute...

This cruise will be stress free (OK - who am I kidding there).

I will try for this cruise to be stress free (bettter)

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:22 AM
How many bags are you allowed to take on the cruise?

And how do you pack your wine?

We stopped at the LakeRidge Winery on our way home from the Manatee Trio and picked up a bottle of Port for the cruise. This is not the bottle that we are brining in response to the pots a few days back, and we know Florida wine is not on the TOP of the list, but still.....it seemed like a fun thing.

Anyway, our wine collection for the trip is growing and I do not think we can carry it in our hand luggage.

Do you pack your dive camera's or carry them on board as well?

Is it to late to decide we need a few kids to help out?

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:28 AM
Hey,
I am alittle sad tonight. My husbands boss said now it might just be better if stay in Dallas instead of moving to Altanta :(
I like it here, don't get me wrong, but if we lived in Atlanta we would live closer to my family and WDW ;)

A little late - but so sorry about that (boo)...perhaps something great will happen in Dallas....

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:29 AM
Yes I know all about the darn comp reorgs...we are awaiting anouncement of surplus on the 15th.....we know it is coming we just just dontknow how many and who....kinda stinks since our fianl payment is due on the 10th...one reason I have been holding off telling the kids about this cruise...it will really stink if I send final payment to CC on 10th only to be told layoff on 15th ya know...

Here is too good news on the 15th.

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:33 AM
Soooooo I am a littel surprised no one has talked about the upcoming MED cruises...I KNOW for sure taht we wont be taking one but is anyhere going to be booking one??

After several cruise dreams about the Med, I did make it as far as a phone call to your T/A.......then I really started to think of price $$$$$$$ --- I think our original plan for Alsaka with the DVC points is more realistic and a wonder ful dream in itself.

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:34 AM
oops forgot to add..somehow the manatees got thrown in there..not quite sure how that one happened....but since Mark hosts the image he can chnage it to whatever he wants to! Be careful we could all wake up with an " I am a loser" siggy one day! LOL

Manatees are cute ==== as I found out this weekend. Maybe cute is not the correct word, they are big, playful, oafs!!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:39 AM
Cruise Question!

So we were talking on the way to grocery shopping this morning. Who is planning on dressing up for Pirate night? If a lot of the group is we're up for it. If not we're cool with that too. So who is going to dress up.

We are - we have Pirate costumes all ready from the last trip. I made ours, a baggy shirt and vest for Sam and a skirt for me to match his vest. The rest is store bought - no way was I going to make trousers.

Mikem861
02-27-2006, 06:41 AM
After several cruise dreams about the Med, I did make it as far as a phone call to your T/A.......then I really started to think of price $$$$$$$ --- I think our original plan for Alsaka with the DVC points is more realistic and a wonder ful dream in itself.

Yea, that's what we are planning too...a 08 trip to Alaska with our DVC points!! It is my DW's Aunt's masters grad party!! :) I sure wish Disney would get the idea about how many people want to go to Alaska!! Maybe someday.......... :goodvibes

Mike :earsboy:

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:43 AM
Aren't they????
http://dkeddy.com/pictures/Manatee_closesm.jpg
Didn't you guys go to Crystal Springs??

Trying to catch up - We went to Crystal River (city) and snorkeled 3 Sisters Spring.

We want to go back when it is not as crowded and when it is not raining. the vis was not good - 3 manatees actually bumped me in the face.

I was very put off by the number of folks who were around the springs, so I swam out beyond the boat and just waited...I think I found the pumping lane -- then when they were closer to shore and surrounded, I swam out again and waited...Even saw Mamma and her baby~

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Google Earth

73 31' 60"W 26 4'60"N

OOHHH TOP of the World!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :woohoo:

Well posted. I had not kep up when we were out of town this weekend - boy - you all sure have been busy - so let's see....

Congrats on all the Milestones and Tops (yes, patting myself on the back - how that happened????)

Final payments being made all around - a mini-dance to celebrate :cool1:

Laura - you did the on-line checkin already? I had not even looked - will do so later..

Don't watch Dancing with the STars - so can't join in there

And have not been to the theatre in ages, no real reason why,,,,but Phantom is superb!

Congrats to all the planners who work up early!!!!

Congrats on swim meets, gym meets etc. Not sure I can find the final results...Hope all were good!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:45 AM
No disney mail for me.................. :confused3 :sad:

And yet another wait for Disney Mail. LAst time DCL mailed the planner to the TA's who then had to re-mail to us, when they returned to their office and when the got around to it..... :rotfl2:

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:48 AM
Are we still gonna try and have a book exchange? And that reminds me..no one remembers the name of the book place you all were talknig about months ago? For the Ipod?

Yes, we chatted again about this a few (hundred) posts back...

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi,
I have been SO busy lately (started a new work-at-home business) and everything else going on. I would like to ask if anyone can PM me any important information that I may have missed out on in the past week or so on this thread. I haven't had time to catch up and at this rate I doubt I ever will. :rotfl:

I would really appreciate a PM about anything "need to know"- such as about any scuba changes... I don't even know if we're still a go for Cozumel or if we're booking scuba somewhere else in case we go to that "somewhere else" instead of cozumel? info about the excursion bags and if we're supposed to order them now, any info or changes to dismeet on ship, etc. I would really appreciate it and heart you forever if you could do that for me! :)

hugs-

Too much going on and I am trying to catch up. New folks, pirate costumes, book exchanges, reservations made, not make, Castaway Cay treasure hunt....

dobelover
02-27-2006, 06:55 AM
Good Morning All -

Early seating - In Jan '06 my reservation had 6pm seating, I requested LAP.

When we boarded we had APL, 5:30.

So, DCL can't guarantee seating requests. I am sure DCL will do their best to seat us together on the same rotation. ( except for the Ohio Family ). DCL does not want to talk to LISA.

pdfgpixiedust:

Sue

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:58 AM
Mark or Mary,

I was starting to work on our magnetic door sign and would like a larger copy of the double scoop logo than you have posted on your site. Do you have another??

Yet another thing on the list - OR I can use what we had the last time, even though they kept falling off when the door was closed????

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:00 AM
http://dkeddy.com/pictures/blahblah.gif http://dkeddy.com/pictures/blahblah.gif

You can stay, BUT that attitudes GOT to go!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BTW, you want to dive with us on May 25 in Jupiter?? Two tank AM with Scuba Works.

Well, I'll be..... a TOP!! Thanks Jim!!

Do you have room for more if we can get off work? That's my B-day :blush:

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:00 AM
Debbie - nice to see you posting on the thread. It does sound like the 10:30 Sunday boat will be full of DISers. Always fun when you can have a boat full of DIS families!

We'll look up in the air at you all when we are finishing up the stingrays!

pdfgpixiedust:
Well I am confused. I only saw two times for boats 9:15 and 1:15 on all days???????????

Stacey mentioned a 10:15 - you mentioned a 10:30?????

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:04 AM
All this talk about everyone making ressies has really got me :sad1: . Sounds like we'll never get anything booked by the time we're able to!!!!

When I called DCL - I asked about the folks that are 75 days out....I have the impression that DCL does not release all the ressies, They hold some back for you guys and some for those who board the ship.

We will keep our fingars crossed....

And keep checking, for instance, I glitched on Seahorse and then it would not let me redo it (something about the filters???) I was able to redo it yesterday so I released a spot.....

And, Don't count on the 3 am - DCL keeps telling me it is midnight EST.

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:07 AM

Mary - thanks - I am glad to hear this - that I did not miss out from my own error....having others beat me to it, is fair game....but honest...they daid it was midnight EST and "implied" = poor things were prob. tired, that I was rather "stupid" for thinking that DCL, who is housed in Orland, uses Western time. (I did not remind them where the parent Co. was).

This will be a test for DCL - we are the first - hence more returning cruisers. Plus this is the first 7 day with only 2 sea days, hence less brunch and tea. I am very surprised that all the Palo dinners are gone. That does not make sense to me.

Plus the filter questions and errors....I got those too, but I was on a low strength wireless - that I pirated...no clue whose it was....

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi everyone. I think this is my last night in GA. I had fun posing on my own Mardi Gras float today that Emily made especially for me. The girls have been lots of fun. Emily is VERY sad tonight because I'll be leaving GA tomorrow. She's a very sweet girl.

Mom Mary, can I be sure to pay a visit to Emily while on the cruise????

Hi Scoopie - you are a lucky cone to have so many sweet girls to play with....

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:11 AM

Well stated. This house WILL be cleaned before the cruise...

I say that now!!!!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Lisa's meet was very confusing, the combined Level 8's and Level's 9 together. The judges kept changing the order of when the gymnasts competed at their event. Instead of doing the normal rotation process, they would put all of the 8's first, then the 9's. The next group of judges would want the girls in order by which gym they were competing for, etc.

Anyhow, despite all of that, Lisa was first in the all around. She has one more meet next week to tune up for States the following weekend. That is the meet that really counts the most for her.

YEAHHHHH Lisa :banana: :banana: :banana:

WDWLVR
02-27-2006, 07:12 AM
Good morning cruisers!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_10.gif

Happy Monday!

Welcome home Stacey!

Yeah for Drew & Cheryl!

Sue - thanks for checking with DCL. From what I heard the time on the website only indicates main seating (6:00) but doesn't really reflect your exact eating time. Kind of like when it still says booked even after you have paid in full.

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 07:14 AM
Whew!!!!! Finally caught up.

Thanks for all the posts and information about the bookings.

Thanks for sharing all the stories about the weekend.

Today is going to be a G :sunny: :coffee: D day......

LAter... :wave:

MarkRG
02-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I will admit to watching Dancing, including flipping between it and the Olympics last night. The shameless manipulation of the audience by this show at times is bizarre. I mean having these last two be 2 hour episodes to try to get ratings from some other big program on, especially last week where the entire first hour was filler. And funnel those viewers to the follower show by holding the final announcement till the last minute of the show to try to keep people from channel flipping, c'mon already.

As far as it being rigged- nah. You can ask Mary, after the Thursday show I told her Jerry would get second. The scoring was based on half the phone from just the Thursday show and half the overall judge score from both days. Stacey and Tony did a mediocre number at best on the Thursday show, Jerry and his partner did so much better. And it's been a given for at least the last few weeks that Drew and Cheryl were going ot win this, short of a major mistake someplace. They have a connection with each other the other pairs simply didn't have and that showed in their routines more than anything else, they are a true dance pair.

WDWLVR
02-27-2006, 08:00 AM
Web page update!

I've gotten info from Debbie (LOVETHATMOUSE). Stop by the gallery and meet her and her family.

As for buttons - our total is now up to 100! Looks like it is going to be a good showing on this cruise!

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 08:00 AM
How many bags are you allowed to take on the cruise?

We stopped at the LakeRidge Winery on our way home from the Manatee Trio and picked up a bottle of Port for the cruise. This is not the bottle that we are brining in response to the pots a few days back, and we know Florida wine is not on the TOP of the list, but still.....it seemed like a fun thing.

Anyway, our wine collection for the trip is growing and I do not think we can carry it in our hand luggage.

The airlines only allows three bags per person, so that is our limit. I ALWAYS carry on my camera equipment, everywhere!!

As far as the wine goes, we did carry that on as well. Got one of those insulated folding bags with wheels. Wrap each bottle in bubble wrap. Works well.

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 08:04 AM
That would be very cool!! I'll PM you with the details.

TiggerInNY
02-27-2006, 08:07 AM
Can you say, WooWoo??? The bus just came and made me smile. This is the first day back to school after a week's vacation. Now I can get back to regularly scheduled things in life...like laundry, errands(without being nagged, "mommy can I get this? Can I get that?) You moms know what I'm talking about. How about a clear head to actually THINK about what needs to be done today. Kinda like when you're DH is home from work and your regular schedule gets all changed. Phheww!!! OK, I'm better now.

Just thought I would poke in and say hi and vent for a minute.

Congratulations LISA!!! Way to go!!! And congrats to our milestone posters.

What else am I missing? I'm going to eat my breakfast and start to get going now. Have a great day everyone.

TTFN

Edited to add: WWOOOOO HOOOOO and unexpected TOP with all moms and getting back to school!!!

ohiominnie
02-27-2006, 08:14 AM
Yet another thing on the list - OR I can use what we had the last time, even though they kept falling off when the door was closed????

All of my magnets kept turning upside down or switching positions on the door. Everytime I came out of the room it seemed they were in a different configuration.

Then again, my dad was next door and I think THAT had a lot to do with it!!!

ohiominnie
02-27-2006, 08:18 AM
The airlines only allows three bags per person, so that is our limit. I ALWAYS carry on my camera equipment, everywhere!!

But the cruise only allows TWO checked bags per person, right? They only give you two luggage tags in your docs.

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 08:20 AM
But the cruise only allows TWO checked bags per person, right? They only give you two luggage tags in your docs.
You are probably right, I couldn't remember. I don't like too many bags anyway. Gets hard for the pack mule to carry.......

TiggerInNY
02-27-2006, 08:28 AM
All of my magnets kept turning upside down or switching positions on the door. Everytime I came out of the room it seemed they were in a different configuration.

How cute is THAT? My dad wouldn't have even thought about that. You guys must have fun...

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 08:36 AM

Ours were on the ceiling at one point.

We figured it was tall teen boys......

kikipug
02-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Emily is VERY sad tonight because I'll be leaving GA tomorrow. She's a very sweet girl.

If you need to take a few extra days to say your goodbyes to Emily, not a problem!

WDWLVR
02-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Ours were on the ceiling at one point.

We figured it was tall teen boys......

Yes there were a couple of tall teen boys who were famous for that. Both of them will be cruising with us. :)

kikipug
02-27-2006, 08:42 AM
But what about the boy? Did he go?

Yes, he did. He is REALLY a great kid- very well mannered and lots of fun. He even bought her a rhinestone bracelet for her birthday to match the rhinestone necklace that he bought her for Valentine's Day. (insert Elizabeth voice here... "But Mom, he's NOT my boyfriend")

Except I told Elizabeth to make sure that everyone going liked roller coasters (as that's really all there is at BG)... well, he likes roller coasters, as long as they don't go upside down.... all but one of them go upside down.

We did convince him to try one of the small ones (Python) that only has 2 inversions... he did OK on it, and even rode it twice. They all love Gwazi... which doesn't go upside down, as its a traditional wooden coaster... that one jerks you around so much that anyone over the age of 30 leaves it feeling like they got run over by a bus... I went on it once... the rest of them went on it 5 times. Only got to do Sheikra once... the dive coaster... what a great ride!!!

ohiominnie
02-27-2006, 08:45 AM
How cute is THAT? My dad wouldn't have even thought about that. You guys must have fun...

Yeah, it's cute until he comes to your house and you start finding things "wrong." Last time he was here he turned everything upside down that he could (pictures, calendars, etc)

At my sisters house he has been known to hide sugar cubes all over her hours. It took her over a year to find them all!! He also switches the drawers in your kitchen around so you can't find anything.

He's a joy. :) :) And you wonder where I get it from?!?!?!?

ohiominnie
02-27-2006, 08:47 AM
Yes there were a couple of tall teen boys who were famous for that. Both of them will be cruising with us. :)

And one is on my deck, isn't he??

TiggerInNY
02-27-2006, 08:49 AM
Yeah, it's cute until he comes to your house and you start finding things "wrong." Last time he was here he turned everything upside down that he could (pictures, calendars, etc)

At my sisters house he has been known to hide sugar cubes all over her hours. It took her over a year to find them all!! He also switches the drawers in your kitchen around so you can't find anything.

Oh, OK, I see. Yea, that would grate on my after a while. Don't fool around with my dishwasher. I'm kinda anal about that one. My neighbors come and re-arrange mine to make me crazy. They think I'm a little over the edge. Guess I am but it's easier to unload if they all correspond to eachother. LOL

TiggerInNY
02-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Does anybody know the website for Disney tips, etc., I think the guys name was Dave? It has packing lists, advice and tips. Anybody???

RachelTori
02-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Does anybody know the website for Disney tips, etc., I think the guys name was Dave? It has packing lists, advice and tips. Anybody???

do you mean dcltribute?

armyfam
02-27-2006, 09:09 AM

Hi Maria!

I think you want dcltribute.com... That is Dave's site, but I couldn't find the packing list...still looking for that one.

susan

ps. Wow, Laura, you're fast!! As I was sending a reply...so were you! :thumbsup2

RachelTori
02-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Maria,

Stacey has a really complete packing list!!!

pdfg pixiedust:

armyfam
02-27-2006, 09:12 AM
http://allearsnet.com/cruise/mdcg.pdf

This is like a mini-Passporter which is especially useful for those cruising for the first time.

Still looking for that super long packing list....!

susan

armyfam
02-27-2006, 09:21 AM
http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/UPL-2_Adults_Warm.html

Here is the link for Calgon's Ultimate Packing list. Maybe this is what you were looking for??

Have a great day Everyone!

susan

Dancind
02-27-2006, 10:48 AM
You are probably right, I couldn't remember. I don't like too many bags anyway. Gets hard for the pack mule to carry.......

Does that mean the scuba gear stays home, or the clothes stay home? Dont' answer that, I already know...

Hope nobody notices we are wearing the same clothes to dinner every night.

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Does that mean the scuba gear stays home, or the clothes stay home? Dont' answer that, I already know...

Aw come on!! You can wear my wetsuit on casual night!! :eek: :duck:

TiggerInNY
02-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the websites guys. Just trying to get my mind-set on things. I hate forgetting things.

TTFN

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 11:22 AM
Just checking in. Swim meet was excruciating long this weekend. Kids were only alllowed to swim 3 events per day because it was a trials and finals. So the top 8 kids in each event would swim again in the finals that evening. Anyway, Ashley did well on Saturday nights finals, placing 7th in 50 back, 6 in 200 back and 7 in 100 breast. She was one of only two 11 year olds that placed in the 11-12 age bracket. She also had best times in 2 of those events.

Sunday morning, she qualified again in all 3 events for finals Sunday evening. We never had time to come home, so we were at pool all day. SUnday night she placed 7th in 100 back, 5th in 200 breast and 8 in 100 fly. She had best times in both the breast and fly and was only 2 100ths of a second off of her best in the 100 back. Again, she was one of only a couple of 11 yo's that qualified and she was the highest placed 11 yo in the events she swam. All in all it was a great meet. She was really excited last night, but totally exhausted.

Only 1 more swim meet and the winter season will be over. Thank goodness

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh, BTW, I was able to get a Palo brunch on Monday, by changing the quantity from 1/2 to 3/4. I think it is because we are linked with another couple and they allowed us to do that. Would not let me book for only 2. Our friends don't want a brunch, so, we have 2 seats available for brunch on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. Let me know if anyone is intereste.

scuba diver
02-27-2006, 12:22 PM

Don't know if this has been answered or not, but as someone who has a little experience in this, let me tell you how I do it.

I wrap glass bottles in bubble wrap. Those all in either a hard sided suit case or carry on. I have never had any problem with them in side a hard sided suite case. Between the bubble wrap and the clothing it all works out.

Beer in cans go in suit cases. I will put them in a baggie just in case.

For the carry ons, I use the rollers or children. If using children I pack their backpacks so it is easier for them.

scuba.mom
02-27-2006, 12:27 PM
And one is on my deck, isn't he??

Yes, and one of them is only a few doors down from you. Besides, your children know him well and will probably ask for his help in some mischief. Also, that boy's Dad even convinced KT and Nick to let us in your room last cruise so we could decorate it with rose petals. Who says you have to purchase the REAS package to have your bed covered in rose petals. HA HA

scuba.mom
02-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Oh, BTW, I was able to get a Palo brunch on Tuesday, by changing the quantity from 1/2 to 3/4. I think it is because we are linked with another couple and they allowed us to do that. Would not let me book for only 2. Our friends don't want a brunch, so, we have 2 seats available for brunch on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. Let me know if anyone is intereste.

I don't need brunch reservations, but I am confused. I thought Palo was only open on sea days (Monday & Thursday) for brunch? Are they opening up other days as well now?

Disney Fans
02-27-2006, 01:18 PM
A little late - but so sorry about that (boo)...perhaps something great will happen in Dallas....

Are you talking about the rumor of Disney coming to Mckinney, TX area for a park? Its a town right be us?

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 01:30 PM
I don't need brunch reservations, but I am confused. I thought Palo was only open on sea days (Monday & Thursday) for brunch? Are they opening up other days as well now?

Your right, it is on Monday -- our dinner is at Palos on Tuesday night. Sorry for the confusion. I have edited my earlier post

Juletime
02-27-2006, 02:08 PM
Hello to all. I see so many familiar folks that I just had to drop a line. I was on the 2004 10 day Holiday cruise with my DH and DD. We are so excited to be on the upcoming Double Scoop in May! I can see I am a bit rusty at this and so will have to brush up. And read up to find out about all the fun stuff you guys have planned and how we can join in the fun.

I am so excited I just cant wait!! :Pinkbounc

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 02:45 PM
Hello to all. I see so many familiar folks that I just had to drop a line. I was on the 2004 10 day Holiday cruise with my DH and DD. We are so excited to be on the upcoming Double Scoop in May! I can see I am a bit rusty at this and so will have to brush up. And read up to find out about all the fun stuff you guys have planned and how we can join in the fun.

Hey Jeri,

Great news that you are on the ship too!! Jump in and have some fun!!

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 02:47 PM
Are you talking about the rumor of Disney coming to Mckinney, TX area for a park? Its a town right be us?
Buy some land now!!

A TOP!! shared with specious rumors!!! :rotfl2:

pdfg pixiedust:

Disney Fans
02-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey Jeri,

Thanks for sharing!!! :cool1:
I don't know about this whole rumor thing, who knows for sure :scratchin
My DH was talking with a freind yesterday and he also said he heard from a realtor about it? Who knows for sure but I do know that these kind of rumors drive me :eek: Crazy!!

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 04:43 PM
NO WAY!!! I LOVE Dole Whips! I always just "assume" a Dole Whip is ice cream/pineapple. So I always order a "Dole Whip" and the CM says "which flavor?"

Well, like DUH....Chocolate is HARDLY one of Dole's FLAVORS!

How do you make it? And, can I make it without an ice cream machine?? Maybe soften ice cream and mix in some pineapple juice???

I will post a recipe that you don't need an ice-cream machine for and one that you do which is the one I am going to make, just bought the juice and cream.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 04:44 PM
party pooper :( :(

Those are the things I should be doing but I'm sure I will find something else to occupy the time.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Went to the home and garden show today. Always fun. No insulation guys though. That surprised me. Well, there were two with that foam insulation they put into your walls, but I draw the line at having them punch holes in all of my rooms I've redone!

Did find a WONDERFUL cloth though for my windows. They have some sort of "glass guard" on them and you can't use Windex. Only plain water. And they streaked HORRIBLY. This cloth came with a full money back guarantee, and since I figured I"m going BACK to the HAG show next weekend with the kids (kids weekend) then I'd try it and if it didn't work, I'd demand my money back.

IT IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First window I did was phenomenal!! And the second, third, etc etc. I got about 10 windows washed today insides and outsides!!!

And here I thought it was always cloudy in Ohio....it was my dirty windows!!!! (kiddin' btw!)

Wanna come do mine, most of my big ones you can only do inside so it's really only a half day for you!!! :rotfl2:

CajunGirl2
02-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Oh, BTW, I was able to get a Palo brunch on Monday, by changing the quantity from 1/2 to 3/4. I think it is because we are linked with another couple and they allowed us to do that. Would not let me book for only 2. Our friends don't want a brunch, so, we have 2 seats available for brunch on Tuesday at 10:30 a.m. Let me know if anyone is intereste.

Hey Pam,

I'll be interested if I can get it on my own at the 75-day mark ... that way it would still leave yours open for someone else that can't get it. Or should I just be greedy now and take it? If no one else has asked yet, I'll take it and still try at the 75-day mark.

Ang

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 04:58 PM

We are going to cruise Alaska in September and I cannot wait, save for those excursions as they are really pricey.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 05:13 PM

As far as the wine goes, we did carry that on as well. Got one of those insulated folding bags with wheels. Wrap each bottle in bubble wrap. Works well.

I was just as Sams they have a cooled bag on wheels that colapses and holds 52 cans, they were about $25.00.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 05:18 PM

Sounds like your dad has been around here, now I know why everything is upside down here and there I was thinking my kids couldn't keep it neet and tidy!!! :rotfl:

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Here,s one recipe for without the machine

Pineapple 'dole" whips

Prep: 10 min.

Freeze: 3 hrs.

Makes: 8 servings

2 cans (20 oz. each) DOLE Crushed Pineapple

2 tablespoons lemon juice

2 tablespoons lime juice

1/3 cup sugar

1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries, mini marshmallow or mini chocolate chips,
(optional)

1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Drain pineapple; reserve 2 tablespoons juice. Set aside.

Place pineapple, lemon juice, lime juice, sugar and reserved pineapple juice in
blender or food processor container. Cover; blend until smooth. Stir in
cherries or marshmallow or chips, if desired.

Pour into two 1-quart freezer zipped bags. Store bags flat in freezer. Freeze
about 1-1/2 hours or until slushy.

Stir gently pineapple slush into whipped cream until just blended, in large
bowl. Return to freezer until completely frozen, about 1 hour. Serve.

Juletime
02-27-2006, 05:22 PM
Hey Jeri,

Thanks Kevin, after reading the posts on making reservations, I spent the last few hours working it all out for us :eek: I have to admitt my tech skills are not so great. First I had to try and remember my password for the DCL site. I finally gave up and had them email it to me (why didnt I do that earlier...). Then I figured out that I could not prebook until I was paid in full. I had figured I had a few more weeks to pay everything off. Alas that was not the case, I had a nice chat with the folks at DCL went ahead and made the final payment and presto bingo, I could make reservations.

I have so much to learn :sunny: But I will be ahead of the game for the Holiday cruise this year. Yes, we are booked and along with my folks. What a great year 2006 is going to be.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 05:23 PM
And the one I am trying

DOLE WHIPS

Ingredients
1 quart pineapple juice (Dole)
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups cream
3 cups sugar
milk

- Mix the pineapple juice and sugar...make sure that the sugar is dissolved.
- Next add the cream and vanilla.
- Poor the whole mixture into the Ice Cream container.
- Add milk to finish filling to the "fill line"
- At this point simply follow the instructions on your ice cream maker
- When the ice cream is ready you can serve it as is, or you can stick it in
the freezer for a while and let it set up a bit.

This makes about 3-quarts, so if you have a smaller ice cream maker (or larger,
I suppose? ours is 1.5qt) then either adjust the recipe or stick some of the
mixture in the fridge for the next day. Don't try to make 2 batches in one day,
even if you think you are able to "refreeze" the canister. At least with the
electric ones (not sure about the old ones with salt/ice, etc) they don't
freeze enough and you'll be left with a pineapple smoothie. Which also tastes
good, just isn't exactly the desired outcome.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 05:25 PM
Just checking in. Swim meet was excruciating long this weekend. Kids were only alllowed to swim 3 events per day because it was a trials and finals. So the top 8 kids in each event would swim again in the finals that evening. Anyway, Ashley did well on Saturday nights finals, placing 7th in 50 back, 6 in 200 back and 7 in 100 breast. She was one of only two 11 year olds that placed in the 11-12 age bracket. She also had best times in 2 of those events.

Sunday morning, she qualified again in all 3 events for finals Sunday evening. We never had time to come home, so we were at pool all day. SUnday night she placed 7th in 100 back, 5th in 200 breast and 8 in 100 fly. She had best times in both the breast and fly and was only 2 100ths of a second off of her best in the 100 back. Again, she was one of only a couple of 11 yo's that qualified and she was the highest placed 11 yo in the events she swam. All in all it was a great meet. She was really excited last night, but totally exhausted.

Congrats Ashley!! :thumbsup2

dobelover
02-27-2006, 05:30 PM

Hi, Jeri! It will be very nice to see you and your family again.

Sue

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi Jeri :wave:

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Okay I feel like I never slept the whole wkend for some reason I am exhausted today and don't feel like walking although I should be.
DH woke up this morning and said he felt like he was on the ship and has felt rocky all day, wonder what went on in our house last night!!!!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:41 PM

The Dad with "no pants" is a door magnet too????? :rotfl2:

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Maria,

Stacey has a really complete packing list!!!

pdfg pixiedust:

Stacey's is awesome. I have seen Dave's also.

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:44 PM

now, now, now.... :hug: time for kissing and making up!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Just checking in. Anyway, Ashley did well on Saturday nights finals, placing 7th in 50 back, 6 in 200 back and 7 in 100 breast. She was one of only two 11 year olds that placed in the 11-12 age bracket. She also had best times in 2 of those events.

YEAH ASHLEY :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer1:

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM

Catching up - we still need brunch please - but only if no one else said yes - yet!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Don't know if this has been answered or not, but as someone who has a little experience in this, let me tell you how I do it.

I wrap glass bottles in bubble wrap. Those all in either a hard sided suit case or carry on. I have never had any problem with them in side a hard sided suite case. Between the bubble wrap and the clothing it all works out.

Beer in cans go in suit cases. I will put them in a baggie just in case.

For the carry ons, I use the rollers or children. If using children I pack their backpacks so it is easier for them.

Hey Amanda - are those kids of your still for rent???????

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I was just as Sams they have a cooled bag on wheels that colapses and holds 52 cans, they were about $25.00.

Julia - thanks for the scoop - are they carry on size?

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:53 PM
My TA just e-mailed that there is no limit on bags on DCL - but I am not sure her suggested amont of 100 will be accepted by the Porter!!!!!

So, bubble wrap - here I come....I was thinking boxes, then I don't need to carry them home....

Or, perhaps the roll on luggage Julia found...

Decisions, decisions...

Dancind
02-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi Jeri! Did we meet on the 10 day? I'm thinking you might be the young lady I chatted with at the bar in St. Lucia. :drinking:

Juletime
02-27-2006, 05:54 PM
Hi Jeri :wave:
Hey Sue and Julia! :wave:

I am loving the recipe and headed to the store to get supplies now. Just got through making some Malt O Meal for my DD. It was her request, I thought a little odd since it is sunny and warm out but it could be worse so that's what she got. So a little Dole Whip for dessert sounds pretty good. Thanks :banana:

Dancind
02-27-2006, 05:55 PM
I had an e-mail from Stacey. She thinks her hard drive has crashed, so she's still limited to her Treo. Otherwise she'd be posting you know!

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey Pam,

I'll be interested if I can get it on my own at the 75-day mark ... that way it would still leave yours open for someone else that can't get it. Or should I just be greedy now and take it? If no one else has asked yet, I'll take it and still try at the 75-day mark.

Ang

Sorry Ang, did not see your post - you really need to be greedy on this, if they will let you take it and not risk the 75 day. But if you don't know - go for the 75 day as well......

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 05:57 PM
We are going to cruise Alaska in September and I cannot wait, save for those excursions as they are really pricey.

I will be glad to take full advantage of all your planning skills.... :thumbsup2

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:04 PM

Actually, no - but let's start one!!!!!!

Tried to google this but didnot find anything useful.... :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:05 PM

Welcome Back - I was not on the 10 day but am lucky to be on the First Double Dip..... :cheer2: :cheer2:

pdfg
pixiedust:

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Is it? Time for me to learn to count.
Must take of shoes while Disning...

chip&dale&fun
02-27-2006, 06:06 PM
PAst time for a top?

Juletime
02-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi Jeri! Did we meet on the 10 day? I'm thinking you might be the young lady I chatted with at the bar in St. Lucia. :drinking:

Hi, yes I am the "young lady" :rotfl: That makes me giggle just to type it, thank you for that. So good to hear from you, I hope that 2005 was a good year for you and your family. It seemed to fly by for us as I was traveling a whole lot for work. I am so very glad that I booked our 2006 cruises while on the Holiday cruise. It seemed along way off back then but it sure seems to have come around fast.

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Welcome Jeri!

RachelTori
02-27-2006, 06:44 PM
:welcome: Welcome, Jeri! :wave2:

Irene, Yes! I did the online check-in; it was a breeze! Cracked me up tho when I saw all the late diners names on my ressie that I could give charging privileges to!! :rotfl: Having people linked helped for Palo ressies because we were able to book for 4 (unfortunately I didn't realize that until only High Tea was left, but I'll have 2 or 3 openings for High Tea on Monday 5/29 if anyone's interested!!! I doubt my DH will want to do that, so I'll have 3 openings!!!)

I'm heading north tomorrow so will be off the boards for a week :sad: I'll be in Michigan and I bet I'll be cold too!!!

I'll miss y'all. Have a good week everyone! :wave:

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 06:56 PM

Irene, Yes! I did the online check-in; it was a breeze! Cracked me up tho when I saw all the late diners names on my ressie that I could give charging privileges to!! :rotfl: Having people linked helped for Palo ressies because we were able to book for 4 (unfortunately I didn't realize that until only High Tea was left, but I'll have 2 or 3 openings for High Tea on Monday 5/29 if anyone's interested!!! I doubt my DH will want to do that, so I'll have 3 openings!!!)

I'm heading north tomorrow so will be off the boards for a week :sad: I'll be in Michigan and I bet I'll be cold too!!!

Laura -- what time is your High Tea. I went back on and booked that for today and the only time they had was Thursday at 3 p.m. Not sure I want to go that late. Is there and earlier time. I know my hubby won't go either and I have always wanted to try the high tea. Maybe we can hook up and go to one.

dzneprincess
02-27-2006, 07:08 PM

Irene,
I agree...Alaska does sound quite nice! :thumbsup2

dzneprincess
02-27-2006, 07:09 PM
But wait a minute.....I thought we were all going with Jay and Stacey to Turks and Caicos????:teeth:

ohiominnie
02-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Wanna come do mine, most of my big ones you can only do inside so it's really only a half day for you!!! :rotfl2:

I am lucky....all but two of mine (picture windows) are the swing in kind so I can do the outsides from the inside. Otherwise the outsides would NEVER get done. :)

dzneprincess
02-27-2006, 07:13 PM
cute is not the correct word, they are big, playful, oafs!!

Irene....dont talk about HH like that :rotfl: LYMI Kevin!

dzneprincess
02-27-2006, 07:14 PM
3 manatees actually bumped me in the face.

~

Irene that would freak me out! Did it bother you are were you just awed by it?

dzneprincess
02-27-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes, we chatted again about this a few (hundred) posts back...

Yes on the exchange or do you remember the name of the website I am trying to remember? I t hink it was either Jim or Karen who suggested it....I would love the name of that site either of you.....

dzneprincess
02-27-2006, 07:18 PM

Hey! Thats why I like you sooo much! I am a May baby too! May 31!Cool

ohiominnie
02-27-2006, 07:20 PM
wasn't it some sort of paperbackswap.com or something...

i remember it talking about it, but don't remember the name...

searching google....

ok, i can't remember what i need to buy at the grocery store, but i can remember my phone number from my first apartment and the name of an obscure website that i don't even use!!!

http://www.paperbackswap.com/

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Irene....dont talk about HH like that :rotfl: LYMI Kevin!
Heck, I've been called worse...... :lmao:

RachelTori
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Laura -- what time is your High Tea. I went back on and booked that for today and the only time they had was Thursday at 3 p.m. Not sure I want to go that late. Is there and earlier time. I know my hubby won't go either and I have always wanted to try the high tea. Maybe we can hook up and go to one.

All I could get was 3 pm too - but I have the feeling that's the only time it's offered...... Mary??? I think we definitely need to try it! I did RC's High Tea on our cruise last September and it was fun -- I'll bet Palo blows that one away!!!! Yes, we should definitely hook up for that! Anyone else interested?

ohiominnie
02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Heck, I've been called worse...... :lmao:

Not by me!!! http://dkeddy.com/pictures/1poke.gif

CajunGirl2
02-27-2006, 07:50 PM
All I could get was 3 pm too - but I have the feeling that's the only time it's offered...... Mary??? I think we definitely need to try it! I did RC's High Tea on our cruise last September and it was fun -- I'll bet Palo blows that one away!!!! Yes, we should definitely hook up for that! Anyone else interested?

If you gals will have me, I'm interested in tea. I'm sure Bruce wouldn't want to go to that.

Ang

Disney Fans
02-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Actually, no - but let's start one!!!!!!

Tried to google this but didnot find anything useful.... :teeth:

I too wonder... so I went to the DIS-rumor and asked there also! :teeth:
so we shall seeeeee :scratchin

justmestace
02-27-2006, 07:55 PM
I am so bummed! I was so excited about getting home and being back on the "big" computer...finally keeping up with the pace here.....and the computer is DEAD. Dead, dead, dead. Going to visit the geeks tonight to see if it can be saved. If not, I'm buying a new one. Totally sad about all the info in there that will be lost. I'm glad, though, that I had just made disks of my pictures. Whew...at least I'll have those.
Heading for Geekville. Later!

Disney Fans
02-27-2006, 07:56 PM
Buy some land now!!

A TOP!! shared with specious rumors!!! :rotfl2:

pdfg pixiedust:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I wish!!! pixiedust:

RachelTori
02-27-2006, 08:07 PM
If you gals will have me, I'm interested in tea. I'm sure Bruce wouldn't want to go to that.

Ang

Absolutely Angie!! :thumbsup2

RachelTori
02-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I am so bummed! I was so excited about getting home and being back on the "big" computer...finally keeping up with the pace here.....and the computer is DEAD. Dead, dead, dead. Going to visit the geeks tonight to see if it can be saved. If not, I'm buying a new one. Totally sad about all the info in there that will be lost. I'm glad, though, that I had just made disks of my pictures. Whew...at least I'll have those.

Good luck, Stacey. Hopefully the geeks can retrieve some of that info for you even if they can't save the computer. BTW, we miss your "color" :(

WDWLVR
02-27-2006, 08:26 PM

Yes High Tea is only at 3 pm. Mark and I will be there on Thursday. It is a really nice mid-afternoon getaway on a sea day. One of our favorite things to do. Plus we shouldn't be as rushed as we were on the 10 day.

WDWLVR
02-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Jeri - so glad you'll be joining us! You know the drill with the buttons and the mini-nav and I've already gotten your pm! You'll recognize lots of faces from the 10 day but lots of great new people too. We've had fun getting to know each other.

scuba diver
02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Yes on the exchange or do you remember the name of the website I am trying to remember? I t hink it was either Jim or Karen who suggested it....I would love the name of that site either of you.....

Help me out here. Give me just a little bit more to work with. I'm old and don't remember everything.

scuba diver
02-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Here is a non-cruise related question, but it is travel related.

Has anyone used Points.com? This is a site that is to allow transferring and exchanging points from one travel card, airline, hotel, car rental....to another.

I have a bunch of points spread all over the place and would like to consolidate so any advice would be appreciated.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Julia - thanks for the scoop - are they carry on size?

Yes they are I'm sure you could look at them on-line before schlepping there.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Here a link to the bag at Sams, not sure if it is such great picks but this one says 62 cans

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=186535

Hope the link works

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 09:05 PM
Here a link to the bag at Sams, not sure if it is such great picks but this one says 62 cans

Hope the link works

I have one like that or at least it looks like it and there is no way it would hold 62 cans. The good thing is that it doesn't leak. Last cruise we went on we had wet carpet where are cooler leaked all the time.

WOOHOO Got a top and didn't even know itpirate:

pdfgpixiedust:

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:08 PM

You should make it a girls Tea table - DH wasn't interested in going for brunch or tea so I never booked.
Watching apprentice and they are off to Sams club!!!

Disney Fans
02-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Hey Everyone,
Would like to know what you all think ? This will be the 1st time we are not going land and sea package which included the Disney bus.
So needing to plan for transfers? Is there anything better then the FL tours? What do you all think? There will be a party of 5 for us this trip so I think a town car is out of the picture do to us having so many suite cases :confused3

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:09 PM

Have a good trip, never even finished reading your post before I posted before.
I am going to Chicago on the 13th for work but going to Dis at night.

Dancind
02-27-2006, 09:10 PM
I'd definitely be up for tea with the DIS ladies, but I think I am brunching that day. I'm not sure I can eat ALL day long. That's early in the week, and I won't be completely acclimated yet!

Stacey, hope the Geeks can fix you. I was telling Kevin this happened to you and we discussed buying an external hard drive, just for backup. Both of our computers have been making funny noises. I know mine is over three years old now, that's ancient for a PC.

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 09:11 PM

Hope the link works
That looks very similar to the one we have. Except they should quote the number of Banfi bottles it will carry!! :thumbsup2 :cool1:

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 09:15 PM
I'd definitely be up for tea with the DIS ladies, but I think I am brunching that day. I'm not sure I can eat ALL day long. That's early in the week, and I won't be completely acclimated yet!

Stacey, hope the Geeks can fix you. I was telling Kevin this happened to you and we discussed buying an external hard drive, just for backup. Both of our computers have been making funny noises. I know mine is over three years old now, that's ancient for a PC.

How about this one? At CompUSA for $179, not bad.

http://image.compusa.com/prodimages/34/9c2e683e-1d5d-4933-8ede-5974afe73459.gif

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 09:17 PM
You should make it a girls brunch table - DH wasn't interested in going for brunch so I never booked.
Watching apprentice and they are off to Sams club!!!
Jeez, yet another thing the guys are excluded from! :confused3

Makes me want to go up on deck and drink Port and smoke cigars. :hyper:

Wait, I don't smoke....... :scratchin

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:19 PM
I have one like that or at least it looks like it and there is no way it would hold 62 cans. The good thing is that it doesn't leak. Last cruise we went on we had wet carpet where are cooler leaked all the time.

WOOHOO Got a top and didn't even know itpirate:

pdfgpixiedust:

I have a similar one that we use for the boat and it holds about 30 but doesn't collapse, this one looks bigger than mine.

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:21 PM

Only because you guys don't WANT to go!!!

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:23 PM

And glad to hear you don't smoke!!!! :rotfl2:

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Just teasing http://dkeddy.com/pictures/1poke.gif

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
And glad to hear you don't smoke!!!! :rotfl2:
Yep, I'm "smokin", just don't smoke!! :rotfl2:

Dancind
02-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Yep, I'm "smokin", just don't smoke!! :rotfl2:

Huh? What did I miss here?

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM

Diana -- Our brunch is for Monday also and my high tea is for Thursday. Laura's High Tea is for monday. We can alway go with the one on Thursday. If we get a bunch of ladies that would like to do this, maybe someone else can go online and book it. I just booked mine today and Thursday was the only thing available. Then we could get a bunch of just girls to go:teeth:

BWVPam
02-27-2006, 09:45 PM
WOW - another toppirate: , 2 in a row:cool1:

pdfg pixiedust:

MickeyMo'sBo
02-27-2006, 09:46 PM

If we drink PORT do we have to eat STARBOARD? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

RachelTori
02-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Huh? What did I miss here?

Kevin's on fire tonight!! :lmao:

MickeyMo'sBo
02-27-2006, 09:47 PM

Seriously -- anyone out there a Cognac drinker?

scuba diver
02-27-2006, 09:49 PM

I've enjoyed the high tea the three times I have been there. :thumbsup2

tinksdad
02-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Seriously -- anyone out there a Cognac drinker?
Bring some, I'd LOVE to find out........ :hyper:

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Kevin's on fire tonight!! :lmao:

But not smoking!!

MickeyMo'sBo
02-27-2006, 09:51 PM

Hi my name is John,

And I am a recovering person-who-never-thought-he-needed-back-up-his-harddrive-with-40GB-of-pictures -on-it.

I am now feeling much better and back up every other night -- which worked very well when my laptop drive died the week before finals :badpc:

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:53 PM
I've enjoyed the high tea the three times I have been there. :thumbsup2

And I'm sure my DH would enjoy it too but doesn't want to go!!!

itdjbw
02-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Well TIVO is fun, DH just recorded 24 but it recorded some other junk so now we don't have it too watch, I suppose reading the manual for this would be too much like asking for directions!!!! :confused3

Dancind
02-27-2006, 10:40 PM
We have found that our DVD recorder has to be updated when we switch to and from Daylight savings time. We've recorded much junk too, and missed shows we really wanted to see. Does the Tivo have the same problem?

Tea on Thursday would be fun! But I didn't see any tea reservations available yesterday morning. What time are you going, Pam?

justmestace
02-28-2006, 01:04 AM
I have a bunch of points spread all over the place.

Those aren't POINTS those are horns, you devil. :teeth: :teeth:

justmestace
02-28-2006, 01:16 AM
Well, I think I figured out how to do color on here...and smilies. But we got home shortly after 9 pm and I just now finished the 10 pages I was behind on. Proof positive of how slow this thing is.
The Geeks tell me that most likely the hard drive is fried. And probably a virus from my kids downloading something crappy. It would have cost me some $300-plus just to find out if it could be restored....and it's over 3 years old, so I bought a new tower. Should be pretty fast. They are installing some heavy-duty virus protection and spyware, and are going to try....try...to get my info out of the old one and transferred (virus-free) into the new one. I can pick it up after noon tomorrow. They're also making me a recovery disk, just in case something bad does happen. They also gave me a Flash Drive, so that I can back up my files. Funny, it comes with a lanyard.....still trying to figure out why I would want to wear my files around my neck. ?? :confused3

justmestace
02-28-2006, 01:28 AM
I guess I didn't figure out how to do the color. Oh well.
So we're at Best Buy, talking to a really cute geek, and Jared says "Maybe it's the same virus that the lap-top has". WHAT?? He couldn't have told me before we went all the way to town that the laptop had problems too....Noooo....so when I go down tomorrow I'll take the laptop in, but that will mean yet another trip to town next week. KIDS!
Speaking of which....now that I have so many kids, can I apply for government assistance? I like cheese. Do they hand out brie?
And...just to back up what Mary had said about the online ressies, I did the same thing she did...I looked at mine a while before 1:00 a.m. here, and it wouldn't let me book excursions....within a minute or so after 1:00 a.m......3:00 a.m. Florida time, it let me.
I still think there is something terribly wrong about them not letting people call in reservations. It discriminates against people who don't own or use a computer. Both of the other lines we've cruised on allowed booking excursions online,but I also ended up calling and changing some things, so they let you do it either way. I can't believe that DCL is doing it this way. The shore excursion desk is going to be a ZOO.

justmestace
02-28-2006, 01:33 AM
By the way....I almost forgot!
I'M DOING THE DOCUMENT DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!

justmestace
02-28-2006, 02:35 AM
We got our docs today for our trip to Disneyland. It's getting close, and I'm excited!
I probably won't get online again until tomorrow afternoon, when I have the new computer set up. At least if I have 10 pages to catch up on, it will be faster....I hope.
Kevin, loved the seahorse!
TTFN

Cool...a T.O.P.!!!
Sorry, Jim, I was supposed to stop back there to set you up for your morning TOP.

pdfg pixiedust: pixiedust:

scuba diver
02-28-2006, 05:26 AM
Well, I think I figured out how to do color on here...and smilies. But we got home shortly after 9 pm and I just now finished the 10 pages I was behind on. Proof positive of how slow this thing is.
The Geeks tell me that most likely the hard drive is fried. And probably a virus from my kids downloading something crappy. It would have cost me some $300-plus just to find out if it could be restored....and it's over 3 years old, so I bought a new tower. Should be pretty fast. They are installing some heavy-duty virus protection and spyware, and are going to try....try...to get my info out of the old one and transferred (virus-free) into the new one. I can pick it up after noon tomorrow. They're also making me a recovery disk, just in case something bad does happen. They also gave me a Flash Drive, so that I can back up my files. Funny, it comes with a lanyard.....still trying to figure out why I would want to wear my files around my neck. ?? :confused3

Thanks for the reminder of why I am taking my computer in today for service. I ordered some more USB ports and a new DVD burner. While it's in the shop they are going to install some new virus software. I'm still having problems with Norton so we are getting away from that. When I get my new DVD burner I will need to make some backups.

scuba diver
02-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Cool...a T.O.P.!!!
Sorry, Jim, I was supposed to stop back there to set you up for your morning TOP.

pdfg pixiedust: pixiedust:

Yea I'm sure you are sorry and that you went to bed with just a little tear in your eye for taking this morning top from me. :hug: :rotfl:

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:34 AM
Yea I'm sure you are sorry and that you went to bed with just a little tear in your eye for taking this morning top from me. :hug: :rotfl:

And I wanted the morning TOP today - but had to Check the Disney site first - and pm's - oh well.

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time for :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: and to catch up....

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:39 AM
Irene that would freak me out! Did it bother you are were you just awed by it?

Not at all Amanda -- the water visability was not as clear as that in Kevin's photo and you knew that the manatees were in the area and might show up soon. I was excited the first time that it happened as it was a case of not there and then - there he was!!!!

When the baby did it, I was thrilled.....but I immediately wanted to find Mamma - 'cause she is protective and yes, a few strokes later and there was Mamma - a few more seconds and there were 10 other divers - so I swam away and took my "bump" postion off the boat....

They don't bite - they may try to "taste" you, but it is like a dog licking you - and a big dog is more bosterious than a manatee.....

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:45 AM

Let's see if this will post. http://www.geocities.com/Calgon1/

It is www dot geocities dot slash Calgon 1 slash

Opps that is the packing list site and the list to do before your travel site, not the book site....sorry

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:46 AM
Hey! Thats why I like you sooo much! I am a May baby too! May 31!Cool

Cake and Candles here we come....

(You can have mine)

Candles that is!

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:48 AM

Hope the link works

Thanks so much - the link did work.....

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:49 AM

Neither did Sam until he tried Cigars....

Yes, I know - bad influence and all that.....

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:50 AM
If we drink PORT do we have to eat STARBOARD? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

You went overboard on that one!!!! :teeth:

chip&dale&fun
02-28-2006, 05:53 AM
Picked up the Cat from the Vet yesterday - could have paid for Amanda's kids cruises with the cost of the $$$$$

Still, gotta love the pets and you don't want them hurting.

At least she is better now....And on a special diet. And medicine......

dobelover
02-28-2006, 06:31 AM
Good Morning All - Can't remember if I told you guys I saw Nanny McPhee over the weekend. It was ok, kept the 5yo interested but not sure about 8yo.

Sue

WDWLVR
02-28-2006, 06:33 AM
Good morning cruisers!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_10.gif

Happy Tuesday!

WDWLVR
02-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Stacey - welcome home! Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Was hoping the geeks could help. :sad1:

RachelTori
02-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Good morning and TTFN!! Heading to Michigan this morning - leaving 60's/70's behind for 20's/30's???? :eek:

I'm strictly prohibited from using my University of Michigan laptop for any "personal" business so I'll be out of touch for a week :(

See y'all real soon!

:wave:

dobelover
02-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Good morning and TTFN!! Heading to Michigan this morning - leaving 60's/70's behind for 20's/30's???? :eek:

I'm strictly prohibited from using my University of Michigan laptop for any "personal" business so I'll be out of touch for a week :(

See y'all real soon!

Have fun and stay warm.

Sue

pdfg pixiedust:

WDWLVR
02-28-2006, 07:16 AM
Have a safe trip Laura. See you when you get back!

tinksdad
02-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the reminder of why I am taking my computer in today for service. I ordered some more USB ports and a new DVD burner. While it's in the shop they are going to install some new virus software. I'm still having problems with Norton so we are getting away from that. When I get my new DVD burner I will need to make some backups.
I quit using Norton a couple of years ago! To slow and it took too much of the machines memory to run.

Been using Computer Associates eTrust these days and it's been great! Automatically updates everyday. :thumbsup2

tinksdad
02-28-2006, 07:31 AM

See y'all real soon!

Good luck with the travel. Let me know what snow looks like, would ya? :lmao:

whnim64
02-28-2006, 07:50 AM
DH and I wanted to do High Tea, but couldn't get a spot. We'd be happy to join you.:thumbsup2

whnim64
02-28-2006, 08:04 AM
I quit using Norton a couple of years ago! To slow and it took too much of the machines memory to run.

Been using Computer Associates eTrust these days and it's been great! Automatically updates everyday. :thumbsup2
When working as our church secretary, the computer guy told me that Norton takes up too much memory. I was using Mcafee, but have gotten new computers since then. They were pre-installed with Norton, so I'm using it until it expires and will switch to something else.

whnim64
02-28-2006, 08:09 AM
When I was making ressies, the Palo High Tea was listed as an option, but I kept getting the 'filters' error message. I never could get the High Tea booked. Now it actually says that there is no availability. I guess I'll check when we board, since it seems like Laura's will be all ladies tea. That's what I get for not being on the boards enough :lmao: .

CajunGirl2
02-28-2006, 08:09 AM
Diana -- Our brunch is for Monday also and my high tea is for Thursday. Laura's High Tea is for monday. We can alway go with the one on Thursday. If we get a bunch of ladies that would like to do this, maybe someone else can go online and book it. I just booked mine today and Thursday was the only thing available. Then we could get a bunch of just girls to go:teeth:

I can try for High Tea when it's time for my ressies.

Ang

CajunGirl2
02-28-2006, 08:10 AM
Safe travels Laura. Stay warm. We'll be enjoying the warm GA weather (not to rub it in).

Ang

CajunGirl2
02-28-2006, 08:14 AM
:jester: Happy Mardi Gras !!! :jester:

I know it doesn't mean much to all of you, but I'll say it anyway. Mardi Gras is still one of my favorite times of year even though we don't live in Louisiana any more.

Ang

ohiominnie
02-28-2006, 08:17 AM
We have found that our DVD recorder has to be updated when we switch to and from Daylight savings time. We've recorded much junk too, and missed shows we really wanted to see. Does the Tivo have the same problem?

Weird. We've never had that problem unless the channel changed what it was going to broadcast. For example, the kids had a season pass to Hamtaro, but then the Cartoon Network yanked it and so everything labeled "Hamtaro" was actually their new show.

ohiominnie
02-28-2006, 08:19 AM
They also gave me a Flash Drive, so that I can back up my files. Funny, it comes with a lanyard.....still trying to figure out why I would want to wear my files around my neck. ?? :confused3

Mike got me one of these for Christmas and I thought "ohhh....ahhh...got the receipt??"

It comes in QUITE handy!! Like last weekend when KT and I went to the scrapbook crop...I didn't have time to print my pictures here. So I loaded them all on my flash drive and took my Picture Mate. Voila....printed them as I needed them. We also use it to take things to the relatives..."here, let me show you our 15,000 pictures of the cruise." (no it's not THAT bad!)

ohiominnie
02-28-2006, 08:22 AM

Wow. All this talk about taking the computer in for service. Makes me thankful that I have "tech support" right here at home. If the computer is SO fried that it's unrepariable, he builds me a new one! :)

And, I don't know how, or where, but it completely backs itself up every night to a separate hard drive. And I think simultaneously writes to two hard drives or something. All the program files are on one, all the data on another. I dunno. All greek to me. :lmao:

tinksdad
02-28-2006, 08:33 AM
I dunno. All greek to me. :lmao:
Did you say: All Geek?

MarkRG
02-28-2006, 08:36 AM
I know Kevin was asking, and maybe others might want it; here's the original 'cone' artwork, took me a bit to find it.

The original cone (http://monorailgreen.info/May06/coneorig.jpg) (with ports)

The original cone (http://monorailgreen.info/May06/conenotextorig.jpg) (without ports)

tinksdad
02-28-2006, 08:44 AM
I know Kevin was asking, and maybe others might want it; here's the original 'cone' artwork, took me a bit to find it.

The original cone (http://monorailgreen.info/May06/coneorig.jpg)
Thanks Mary!! :love:

and a TOP shared with Mary and the ENTIRE double scoop group.

pdfg pixiedust:

MarkRG
02-28-2006, 08:45 AM
Thanks Mary!! :love:

Hey, might want to look again... :rotfl2:

And I added a second one I found to that post too.

tinksdad
02-28-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey, might want to look again... :rotfl2:

And I added a second one I found to that post too.
Opps, SORRY Mark. That's what happens when you don't pay attention.

Thanks Mark!! :hug:

More :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

mickeymo
02-28-2006, 09:03 AM
:jester: Happy Mardi Gras !!! :jester:

I know it doesn't mean much to all of you, but I'll say it anyway. Mardi Gras is still one of my favorite times of year even though we don't live in Louisiana any more.

Ang

Yep! My favorite too! :woohoo: It's Crawfish Season!!! :woohoo: