PDA

View Full Version : 5/27/06 "Il pochi il fiero i blabbermouths" We *will* sail again Part 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

TiggerInNY
01-14-2006, 01:02 PM
Who's getting it?????

Edited by the DIS Moderator Team to add:

This is Part 6 of the original thread found at http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=653643

whnim64
What did I tell you.... :guilty: 40 second rule strikes again.

TiggerInNY
Wahhooooo!!! Go Amanda!!!!

WDWLVR
01-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Congrats to Amanda on post #23,000

Congrats to Maria on reply # 23,000

TiggerInNY
Now I can leave.

TTFN.....

justmestace
Way to go, Amanda! You DID get it afterall!!! See how much more fun that was!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

dzneprincess
01-14-2006, 01:04 PM
But I'll probably be the one to set someone else up for it. :confused3Dont feel so bad, it has only taken me 23000 posts to get a milestone! :rotfl2: Why dont you let Larry out of the basement, make him do your bidding and see if it makes you feel better!:rotfl2:

dzneprincess
01-14-2006, 01:06 PM
Congrats to Amanda on post #23,000

Congrats to Maria on reply # 23,000Thank you thank you I would like to thank My manager without whom this would have been inpossible! teehee etc etc yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah!!::MickeyMo

dzneprincess
01-14-2006, 01:06 PM
NOW,,, who gets 24000??!?!

justmestace
01-14-2006, 01:07 PM
BIRTHDAY WISHES ???????????????

she is waiting for a cell phone :confused3 :confused3 :chat: :hyper2:
:worship:

todat I am W E LL luved

until these NOT one in the box??? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3

gaRry

Your WIFE wasn't supposed to tell you about the CELL PHONE!
Geesh....always trying to get me in trouble!

No...no birthday wishes in the box. I am baaaaad.

wdwgoose
01-14-2006, 01:08 PM
:scared1:

:scared1:

:sad:

:eek:

gaRry

justmestace
01-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Thank you thank you I would like to thank My manager without whom this would have been inpossible! teehee etc etc yadda yadda yadda blah blah blah!!::MickeyMo

We LIKE you....we REALLY REALLY like you.....Sally. ;)

wdwgoose
01-14-2006, 01:10 PM
F I N E I had a fire call AND you still it from me

okay NO fire

justmestace
01-14-2006, 01:12 PM
F I N E I had a fire call AND you still it from me

okay NO fire

Yeah, but you STOLE the T.O.P. from ME! :mad: :mad:

wdwgoose
01-14-2006, 01:22 PM
S T O L E

A

T O P

FROM YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LISA told me too DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :confused3 :confused3

WVMD
01-14-2006, 01:37 PM
WOW - I go see a few patients and come back to 3 pages to read.... Seems like old times....

Congrats on the milestones Amanda and Maria....

Virgil
pirate:

Dancind
01-14-2006, 01:52 PM
yay, I can post again! Seems like I was blocked out for the whole milestone thing. Congratulations to Amanda, you finally got one. I need to update that list.

And a BIG congratulations to Lisa! We need to all get her autograph on the cruise!

justmestace
01-14-2006, 01:54 PM
WOW - I go see a few patients and come back to 3 pages to read.... Seems like old times....

Congrats on the milestones Amanda and Maria....

Virgil
pirate:

Stupid sick people. ;) The girls told me yesterday that the cheer coach's daughter had strep throat, so they took her to the ER. And then the rest of us wonder why it takes so long to be seen for a REAL emergency! :sad2:

CajunGirl2
01-14-2006, 02:00 PM
Stacey, sorry to hear about Jay's mom ... prayers & pixie dust sent for all of
you!

Congrats to Little Gymnast Lisa. That's impressive. We'll definitely have to get autographs while on the cruise.

Amanda & Maria, congrats on the milestone 23000 & reply! I was wondering why there were so many pages of posts to catch up on from this morning until I figured out there was a RACE going on.

We were out "shopping" for cell phones this morning. It was time to renew our contract so we took advantage of "free" phones too.

Ang

little gymnast
01-14-2006, 02:31 PM
PS for Lisa! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/dzneprincess/BAR-B-Q.jpg

Thank you for your support. I really appericate it. It's very cute too. :goodvibes :goodvibes

dzneprincess
01-14-2006, 02:37 PM
I am glad you liked it! I had the local BBQ place make that sign up special for you today! ;-p

kikipug
01-14-2006, 03:15 PM
I am glad you liked it! I had the local BBQ place make that sign up special for you today! ;-p

And if you believe that one, she's got some swampland in the Everglades that you might be interested in...

Wow... you guys have been busy this morning... I missed out on all the 'fun'... I finally gave in and took the backhoe to Christopher's room, then drove it straight into my closet to get that emptied out... took all day, but it feels good to have a clean closet with a door that opens and closes again!!

What to do, what to do... tomorrow night is the 2-hour season premiere of 24... we have concert tix in Orlando for a charity event that we are sponsoring... if I tape 24 (NO, I DON'T HAVE OR WANT A DVR), then I can't tape Desparate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. I won't have time to watch Hour 1 & Hour 2 before Hour 3 & Hour 4 are on on Monday night... I'm thinking of taping DH & GA, and just paying close attention to the "Previously on 24" part on Tuesday... oh, such are the problems of life.

Stacey... prayers and :wizard: headed your way for Jay and his family... and I complain about a messy house and too much on TV...:sad2:

little gymnast
01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
We just got back from Atlanta. Seeing Sharon and Lisa at 4:30 am is not a pretty sight, but they did get into the van without any problems. Lisa slept for the next 5 hours. She thinks going to Atlanta is just a 2 hour drive!

Sharon will post all the details, but the short (Dad) version is that Lisa took 2nd place over all, 9+ on three events.

Nap time for me. :)
The details are I was 1st on the Bars (YEA!!!), 3rd on the Floor, 4th on the Beam, and did not place well on the Vault (I under rotated on the first vault and then over rotated on the 2nd vault) However, I did well enough over all to win 2nd Place in the All Around. (If my vault had been stronger I could have won this meet) - Well better luck this weekend at Disney's Wide World of Sports Meet. Good Luck to Kelly as well as she will be competing there as well.

mickeymo
01-14-2006, 03:21 PM
Just picked up today's mail...

Still no kit - I'm really gonna throw a temper tantrum like a 2 year old now...

I'm whining, stomping my feet, holding my breath and DOING THE DEAD COCKROACH (on the floor, on my back,waving my arms and kicking my feet!!!) screaming....

I WANT A DCL KIT!!!

mickeymo
01-14-2006, 03:23 PM
The details are I was 1st on the Bars (YEA!!!), 3rd on the Floor, 4th on the Beam, and did not place well on the Vault (I under rotated on the first vault and then over rotated on the 2nd vault) However, I did well enough over all to win 2nd Place in the All Around. (If my vault had been stronger I could have won this meet) - Well better luck this weekend at Disney's Wide World of Sports Meet. Good Luck to Kelly as well as she will be competing there as well.

Awesome, Lisa!!! Way to go!!!

mickeymo
01-14-2006, 03:27 PM
The good news in the mail - I received the 1st two discs of "West Wing" season 5!!! I'm all caught up ready to go on Sunday for 24...(I'll have to fight for TV rights since we have a weekly Extreme Homemakeover Party...) no Tivo or DVR here, either...

mickeymo
01-14-2006, 03:30 PM
wow! A top with Kiefer, Martin, and Ty... :banana:

justmestace
01-14-2006, 03:35 PM
Monica...you're too funny. I'm not going back out until I have to go get Jordan, and I was hoping Jay would have been home by now...I called him and told him to go get the mail! I don't particularly care what else is in there, I just want my KIT !!

RachelTori
01-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Just picked up today's mail...

Still no kit - I'm really gonna throw a temper tantrum like a 2 year old now...

I'm whining, stomping my feet, holding my breath and DOING THE DEAD COCKROACH (on the floor, on my back,waving my arms and kicking my feet!!!) screaming....

I WANT A DCL KIT!!!

Me too, Me too..... :sad:

Congratulations Lisa !! :cheer2:

ohiominnie
01-14-2006, 04:23 PM
Hey there!
We're off the ship....
WAAAAAA!

Can you believe there are actually ppl on there now sailing away again? ALREADY? They didn't even give me time to grieve my loss!

We are at Grandma Lightbulb's. Going to get some dinner then head back to the airport for the night and flying out tomorrow am. Will be back online at home sometime tomorrow night and will eventually catch up! :)

We rebooked on board. April 28, 2007. With no intention of sailing April 28, 2007. Rumor is....there will be Mediterranian cruises in Summer of 2007. We're thinking of the trans-Atlantic crossing. Thought we'd book and then transfer to that cruise when it comes out. Rumor is the first week in April is the timeframe to announce it....but OF COURSE, they can neither confirm or deny Med cruises!

Will try to update you on some more things that we did/didn't do when I get home.

p.s. Did you know the average fuel consumption on a 7 day cruise is 260,000 GALLONS? WOW! If it was $1.00 a gallon, that's $260,000!!! How is DCL making money???

tchrmom
01-14-2006, 05:17 PM
The details are I was 1st on the Bars (YEA!!!), 3rd on the Floor, 4th on the Beam, and did not place well on the Vault (I under rotated on the first vault and then over rotated on the 2nd vault) However, I did well enough over all to win 2nd Place in the All Around. (If my vault had been stronger I could have won this meet)

Great Job, Lisa!!!!

Kelly competes Friday. My memory isn't good........are you on Sunday? Good Luck....no matter when you compete!

Fran

scuba matt
01-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Sort of reminded me of Matt and Jim at Topsider's. :teeth: (you're right, he's not here to defend himself!!)
SO!!! What's wrong with that?

scuba.mom
01-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Great Job, Lisa!!!!

Kelly competes Friday. My memory isn't good........are you on Sunday? Good Luck....no matter when you compete!

Fran

Yes, Lisa competes next Sunday. Then it's back to a Friday meet in Lakeland (Battle of the Champions - Region 8 vs Region 5). Then she has a break until Gasparilla in Tampa at the end of February. Will Kelly be at that meet? Maybe we can work out a pre-cruise meet if you are in the area at least (I don't know how close you are to the Tropicana Center).

tchrmom
01-14-2006, 07:24 PM
Gasparilla in Tampa at the end of February. Will Kelly be at that meet? Maybe we can work out a pre-cruise meet if you are in the area at least (I don't know how close you are to the Tropicana Center).

Yes.....we will be at Tropicana. We were suppose to go to S. Carolina for a meet that weekend, but they had to cancel it.

Kel will do Disney, then we go to Colorado Springs for the Pike's Peak meet, then I think we have Tropicana. I'm not sure of her time yet. Do you know Lisa's yet?

Fran

scuba.mom
01-14-2006, 08:01 PM
Yes.....we will be at Tropicana. We were suppose to go to S. Carolina for a meet that weekend, but they had to cancel it.

Kel will do Disney, then we go to Colorado Springs for the Pike's Peak meet, then I think we have Tropicana. I'm not sure of her time yet. Do you know Lisa's yet?

Fran

I just looked at the site and the specific times are not listed yet. Just that such a large gathering of gymnasts the meet will take place Fri 10am - Sun 5pm. I am REALLY hoping she doesn't pull a Friday time again. She already is missing school two Fridays and if she makes Regionals that's a third Friday for sure. Jim gives her such a hard time when she has to miss school. She does well in school, but he likes to tease her that "nothing gets in the way of gym - no school, etc" and she doesn't like to be teased. When I see the times posted, I will let you know.

tinksdad
01-14-2006, 09:23 PM
We just got back from Atlanta. Seeing Sharon and Lisa at 4:30 am is not a pretty sight, but they did get into the van without any problems. Lisa slept for the next 5 hours. She thinks going to Atlanta is just a 2 hour drive!

Sharon will post all the details, but the short (Dad) version is that Lisa took 2nd place over all, 9+ on three events.

Nap time for me. :)
Impressive!! Way to go Lisa!! Congrats!! :teeth: :banana: :worship:

tinksdad
01-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Whew!! After posting the reply to Jim announcement I had to read through many pages, missed a milestone (Congrats Amanda) and now everyone is gone!! Oh well...... such is life! ::yes::

WVMD
01-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I received both of my kits in the mail today.... One for the April cruise and one for the May cruise.....

Stacey - sent the Reservation number.....

Virgil
pirate:

TiggerInNY
01-14-2006, 10:14 PM
Weather update: It's snowing up here in NY. The wind is blowing and snow is everwhere. I can't understand how it's sticking, cause it was in the 50's today. Rained all day. Hard, too. Then it just turned to snow like someone hit the switch. Supposed to get between 1-3" but I think it could be more. I just hope it's cleared up by 5:00 tomorrow. My son has his birthday party tomorrow.

OK...we can return to cruise mode or "fluff" mode, whichever.

maria

TiggerInNY
01-14-2006, 10:38 PM
Can someone PM me Ron Jon's website? I can't seem to find it. I'm looking for rates for before our cruise. Thanks.

BWVPam
01-14-2006, 11:44 PM
Okay -- let me catch up --

Congrats Amanda and Maria on the milestone posts.

Congrats to Lisa on a great job at the meet!

Stacey -- so sorry to hear about Jay's mom. Prayers for your family.

Bags -- OKAY - I am an airhead, but I have lost my original list of everyone that wants bags. Because this thread is so big, Could everyone please send me a private message that wants bags. That way I have a record and I can PM all of you back.

I plan on meeting with the supplier next week, if everything goes well. Maria -- do you have someone ready to do the shirts. This lady has a huge facility and I can get you a price quote on the shirts as well. Let me know.

BWVPam
01-14-2006, 11:54 PM
I haven't been around very much this week, but we have not really started our new year off on a good note. Charley and I have both been sick with bronchitas, After Ashley swam in 12 events last weekend at the swim meet, she came down sick and hasn't swam all week. then yesterday, Charley blacked out at work and fell flat on his face. The right side of his face looks like he went a few rounds with Rockey Balboa. They rushed him by ambulance to the hospital, and we have been there ever since.

I have either been at the hospital with him, or running kids all over the place. My son had the all region orchestra practice and concert this weekend. HE was there till 10 last night, back there at 8 this morning and then again at 7:00 tonight for the actual concert. Poor Charley did not get to go, doctors wouldn't release him today because of more tests. EKG's were "slightly abnormal" and now they are running a full battery of tests. I am home for the night, but will be back up there early in the morning hoping to catch the neurologist and the cardiologist that they called in. They have said he may have to take a beta blocker or possibly have some kind of monitor inserted in his chest. Needless to say, I am a little stressed and worried at this point. I took ashley up today to see her dad, then she spent the afternoon with a friend, and then went to spend the night with another friend tonight. They are going to run her home in the morning for me. It keeps her mind off of worrying about her dad. I went ahead and went to the orchestra concert tonight, then Dale and I went by the hospital afterwards for a little while.

I am really hoping the doctors are going to tell us tomorrow what is going on and hopefully get him out of the hospital. One of our friends is coming by in the morning to pick up the kids for church so I can be up there early to try and catch the doctors. All prayers are appreciated.

I will update tomorrow sometime. Night everyone

WVMD
01-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Pam - sorry to hear about Charley - hope that he's better....

Stacey - forgot to say - hope that Jay is doing OK....

Virgil
pirate:

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 12:08 AM
Thanks Virgil -- Got your PM.

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Pam - prayers and pixie dust for you and Charley. Hope everything is ok.

justmestace
01-15-2006, 12:59 AM
We took Megan to dinner for her birthday, & when we got home we had a message that they had moved Jay's Mom to Hospice care, and that Jay should come right down,so we're here now. She most likely will not last the night.
Thank you all for your prayers. Jay is pretty down, & seeing her struggle for air is gut-wrenching.
TTYL

BibbidyBobbidyBoo
01-15-2006, 01:35 AM
Stacey- I'm so sorry. I will have her in my prayers!!

OMG I try and try and TRY to keep up with this thread... not even trying to catch up, just KEEP up from where I'm at- impossible. LOL

I have a few questions maybe y'all can answer me and I'll try to find it on this thread- or you can PM me privately so I'll be sure to not miss it? LOL

1) who's HOPING to go scuba diving at Cozumel? if you are... who are you booking it with? DH wants to go scuba diving... he's certified scuba diver and rescue or something like that... and he'll be taking most of his own gear. Advice? Possibly go on the same excursion others here are? ONLY him... me and the kids won't be ofcourse.

2) who's HOPING to see the dolphins at Cozumel? And if it isn't open... what other port can we possibly see dolphins on this cruise? That's the only thing the kids really wanted to do! (my oldest's camp name with Girl Scouts is Dolphin- if that tells you how much she loves them LOL)

3) What's the DCL kit.. and who gets it and how can I get it? LOL

4) If we're not going to be able to see the dolphins at Cozumel.... that means no excursions for me and the kids (DH scuba diving only excursion)... what on earth are you planning on doing at Costa Maya and Cozumel? Ideas please! I can't find anything to do at Costa Maya that the family can do? (ages 5-12)

5) please help me find out the info on the bags/shirts being mentioned??? please!

6) what's the deal with the list of people for some reservation for late dining or something like that? I saw a quote listing the "list"- but can't find the original info about it. We're late dining... !?!

back to reading this thread trying to keep up... LOL Thanks!

scuba diver
01-15-2006, 01:42 AM
We took Megan to dinner for her birthday, & when we got home we had a message that they had moved Jay's Mom to Hospice care, and that Jay should come right down,so we're here now. She most likely will not last the night.
Thank you all for your prayers. Jay is pretty down, & seeing her struggle for air is gut-wrenching.
TTYL

Stacey, so sorry to hear this news. PD your way.

justmestace
01-15-2006, 02:59 AM
Still here, but we may go home. I'll spare the gory details, but I have nothing but admiration for the Hospice staff. I don't know how they watch this kind of thing day after day.

Jay swears he is okay....but he's only left the room once. I am outside having coffee. I don't know what he'll be like when the time comes.

I just don't think I could ever do this with my parents. Sit and watch. It's just too hard.

scuba diver
01-15-2006, 06:17 AM
Still here, but we may go home. I'll spare the gory details, but I have nothing but admiration for the Hospice staff. I don't know how they watch this kind of thing day after day.

Jay swears he is okay....but he's only left the room once. I am outside having coffee. I don't know what he'll be like when the time comes.

I just don't think I could ever do this with my parents. Sit and watch. It's just too hard.

Hospice is a great organization with some very caring people. They will make this time as comfortable as possible for both Jay's mom and your family.

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 06:24 AM

Stacey - big :grouphug: to you and Jay. Yes it is very hard to watch those we love fade away. I know that from experience even though I wasn't there when she finally passed.

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 06:28 AM
Good morning cruisers!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_9_10.gif

Happy Sunday!

A quick question for Fran and Sharon. Can you explain to us lay people the levels your girls are at. I know both girls are fare more talented than just a normal school team. Where are they in terms of the gymnast we see on tv. I'm looking forward to the day when we turn on the Olympics and say - hey I know her! :sunny:

scuba.mom
01-15-2006, 07:09 AM
A quick question for Fran and Sharon. Can you explain to us lay people the levels your girls are at. I know both girls are fare more talented than just a normal school team. Where are they in terms of the gymnast we see on tv. I'm looking forward to the day when we turn on the Olympics and say - hey I know her! :sunny:

There are ten levels in Competitive Gymnastics. Both Kelly and Lisa are involved in the Optional Levels (7-10) which means they have completed their Compulsory Levels where the routines are dictated by USGA and every girl performs the exact same routine throughout the US on each apparatus (Vault, Bars, Beam & Floor) for her Level ( 4 - 6). They are now to the point where they create their own routines and just need to meet the requirements and difficulty level set for their level. (Kelly is a Level 7 and Lisa is a Level 8, but she is competing it with Level 9 Skills - ie she does a double full twist in her floor routine). Jim is calling that we have to leave for church so I will finish later.

dobelover
01-15-2006, 07:10 AM
Good Morning All - Pam and Stacey, sending you :wizard: and :hug: .

Sue

dobelover
01-15-2006, 07:28 AM
Lisa - Very proud of you! Congratulations. :flower2:

Sue

dobelover
01-15-2006, 07:35 AM
I have

first timers
whnim64
cajungirl2
ohio family*
mark and mary*
kikipug*
tiggerinny*
dobelover

*requested seating arrangements

I have NOT heard from

mike861
thomprod/sopandbass
disneydizz
bwvpam

I am not going to bug Pam right now, enough on her plate!

Sue

dobelover
01-15-2006, 07:37 AM
How about that! A top with early seating.

Sue

tinksdad
01-15-2006, 07:56 AM
I haven't been around very much this week, but we have not really started our new year off on a good note. Charley and I have both been sick with bronchitas, After Ashley swam in 12 events last weekend at the swim meet, she came down sick and hasn't swam all week. then yesterday, Charley blacked out at work and fell flat on his face. The right side of his face looks like he went a few rounds with Rockey Balboa. They rushed him by ambulance to the hospital, and we have been there ever since.

OMG, what a way to start out the new year. Maybe by getting rid of all the bad stuff up front the rest of the year will be a breeze. We know May will be fun!! :sunny:

Give Charley our best!! :hug:

tinksdad
01-15-2006, 08:02 AM
1) who's HOPING to go scuba diving at Cozumel? if you are... who are you booking it with? DH wants to go scuba diving... he's certified scuba diver and rescue or something like that... and he'll be taking most of his own gear. Advice? Possibly go on the same excursion others here are? ONLY him... me and the kids won't be ofcourse.
There is only WILL!! We have already booked a three tank dive with Blue XT Sea Diving (http://www.bluextseadiving.com/) in Cozumel. Tell hubby if he wants to join us there should be room. We have six divers so far and the boats only only eight.
Have him get ahold of Christi and get added to the list. (or PM me for more info) She is pretty good with email. We are doing three tanks for $107 which is pretty good considering the cruise ship rate. :crazy2:

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 08:47 AM
Good morning everyone. Thanks for all the prayers. Getting ready to run up to the hospital now and see what is going on. Will post more later.

Stacey -- I know what Jay is going through. Having to watch them struggle like that is awful. I was at my grandmother's bedside two years ago when she died and every breath seemed as if it would be her last. We were relieved when she stopped struggling and know she is in a better place. Love and prayers for you and your family and what you are going through.

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 09:02 AM
How about that! A top with early seating.

Sue

Yeah for the early seating group!

scuba.mom
01-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Jim is calling that we have to leave for church so I will finish later.

The girls you see on the Olympics are called "elite" gymnasts. There are approximately 150 Level 10 gymnasts in the country in this category. You have to test into being in the elite status. You won't be seeing Lisa in the Olympics. Her goal is to compete at the Collegiate Level. The girls you will see in the Olympics are at elite training centers where they are home schooled and spend 8-10 hours per day at the gym. (Lisa had to do an autobiography last year that had to be presented as if you were that person. Lisa did Dominique Mocieanu (sp??) and after hearing her presentation MANY times, I understand better the sacrifices required to reach that level. They bascially have no other life outside of gymnastics.) Lisa hopes to reach elite status by the time she is in high school, but she realizes being one of six gymnasts selected every four years in the Olympics is not a realistic goal.

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Thanks Sharon - that explains a lot. Sounds like Lisa is well grounded as to what she wants and what she doesn't Congrats to you and Jim and helping guide her and also making the sacrafices you do so she can get to her dream.

TiggerInNY
01-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Good luck to both girls. It takes a lot of dedication and love of the sport to compete on those levels.

maria

TiggerInNY
01-15-2006, 09:38 AM
Stacey,

Our heart and prayers go out to Jay and your family. It is very hard to realise that your parents are not going to be here forever. Both of mine are gone, and honestly, we are too young to lose our parents just yet.

Maria

TiggerInNY
01-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Pam, Prayers and thoughts are with you, too. Hope all is well and they find out what happened. Keep the faith and don't forget to take care of yourself. The kids need you, too.

Maria

CajunGirl2
01-15-2006, 10:22 AM
I have

first timers
whnim64
cajungirl2
ohio family*
mark and mary*
kikipug*
tiggerinny*
dobelover

*requested seating arrangements

Sue

Hey Sue,

What does "*requested seating arrangements" mean?

Ang

CajunGirl2
01-15-2006, 10:23 AM
Pam & Stacey,

Prayers go out to you & your families.

Ang

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 10:32 AM
Hey Sue,

What does "*requested seating arrangements" mean?

Ang

Angie I believe she that means those people who have told her there is someone they want to sit with. It helps her divide up the tables. I know we had asked to sit with Karen and family (this is our 3rd cruise with them) and I believe Maria and Karen (kiki) had wanted to sit together as well.

The flip side of that is that some families would prefer to have a table just for their family, but next to the rest of the DIS'ers. We had both on the 10 day and it worked great.

Dancind
01-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Prayers and PD to your family, Pam.

And to your family too, Stacey.

Not such good news this morning.

Dancind
01-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Bibbity, if you want to be seated with the DIS group at late dining, you need to PM me or Stacey with your information. That is, reservation number, cabin number, names of your party. Kid's ages would be helpful too, maybe we could put you with a similar family. You wouldn't be able to change your rotation or dinner time later without separating your reservation from the group.

dobelover
01-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Ang - Mary did a great job of answering your question.

Sue

justmestace
01-15-2006, 11:48 AM
Good Morning. We're home. We came home early this morning and got a call that Jay's mom passed away shortly after we had come home. Personally, I'm glad Jay wasn't there.
He's out walking/jogging right now.

Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

tchrmom
01-15-2006, 11:49 AM
:wizard: for Stacey and Jay
:wizard: for Pam and Charley

Scuba mom.............good job explaining gymnastics! Couldn't have done it better myself.

Fran

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 11:53 AM
Good Morning. We're home. We came home early this morning and got a call that Jay's mom passed away shortly after we had come home. Personally, I'm glad Jay wasn't there.

Stacey - give Jay a big :grouphug: from us. I wasn't there when my Mom died either and knew months before - just seems to be the way in our family. Anyway tell Jay that even if he wasn't right by her side he was with her in her heart.

dzneprincess
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM

I have either been at the hospital with him, or running kids all over the place. My son had the all region orchestra practice and concert this weekend. HE was there till 10 last night, back there at 8 this morning and then again at 7:00 tonight for the actual concert. Poor Charley did not get to go, doctors wouldn't release him today because of more tests. EKG's were "slightly abnormal" and now they are running a full battery of tests. I am home for the night, but will be back up there early in the morning hoping to catch the neurologist and the cardiologist that they called in. They have said he may have to take a beta blocker or possibly have some kind of monitor inserted in his chest. Needless to say, I am a little stressed and worried at this point. I took ashley up today to see her dad, then she spent the afternoon with a friend, and then went to spend the night with another friend tonight. They are going to run her home in the morning for me. It keeps her mind off of worrying about her dad. I went ahead and went to the orchestra concert tonight, then Dale and I went by the hospital afterwards for a little while.

I am really hoping the doctors are going to tell us tomorrow what is going on and hopefully get him out of the hospital. One of our friends is coming by in the morning to pick up the kids for church so I can be up there early to try and catch the doctors. All prayers are appreciated.

I will update tomorrow sometime. Night everyone
Oh wow Pam. I am sorry to hear of this. I will keep Charley in my thoughts and prayers and please let us know.

dzneprincess
01-15-2006, 12:03 PM
TTYL
Stacey...:hug: :hug: for you and Jay

dzneprincess
01-15-2006, 12:07 PM
Stacey- 1) who's HOPING to go scuba diving at Cozumel? if you are... who are you booking it with? DH wants to go scuba diving... he's certified scuba diver and rescue or something like that... and he'll be taking most of his own gear. Advice? Possibly go on the same excursion others here are? ONLY him... me and the kids won't be ofcourse.

2) who's HOPING to see the dolphins at Cozumel? And if it isn't open... what other port can we possibly see dolphins on this cruise? That's the only thing the kids really wanted to do! (my oldest's camp name with Girl Scouts is Dolphin- if that tells you how much she loves them LOL)

3) What's the DCL kit.. and who gets it and how can I get it? LOL

4) If we're not going to be able to see the dolphins at Cozumel.... that means no excursions for me and the kids (DH scuba diving only excursion)... what on earth are you planning on doing at Costa Maya and Cozumel? Ideas please! I can't find anything to do at Costa Maya that the family can do? (ages 5-12)

5) please help me find out the info on the bags/shirts being mentioned??? please!

6) what's the deal with the list of people for some reservation for late dining or something like that? I saw a quote listing the "list"- but can't find the original info about it. We're late dining... !?!

back to reading this thread trying to keep up... LOL Thanks!
1.The Tink family, the Scuba family and chip&dale family ( Irene) are the scubaers on this thread. If they havent already answered your questions give them time
I still have not gotten the DCL kit so I am sad, but from the others I understand it is a nice littel folder that contains info on when final payment is due and shore excursions and what not
5. If you go to Marys site you will find the info on the shirt and bags...the site is in the bottom of marys signature just follow that link
6. Those of us on the same dining are attempting to link our dinners together so we can eat together.

mickeymo
01-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Stacey,

Our thoughts and prayers for Jay, you and the rest of the family...I'm so sorry...

mickeymo
01-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Pam,

Any update from the doctors this a.m.? Your family is also in our thoughts and prayers...

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Trying to keep up after not being on-line much this weekend.
PD :wizard: to both Stacey, Pam anf families, our thoughts and Prayers are with you.

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 12:59 PM

Sorry to hear about Jay's mom, our thoughts are with you all during this difficult time. PD to you all :wizard: :wizard:

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Congrats to Lisa on here gymnastics :flower:

justmestace
01-15-2006, 01:17 PM
Pam, Hopefully you have had some good news for Charley today. Thinking of you, and wishing the best!

tinksdad
01-15-2006, 02:21 PM
For those of you that have iPods or just want to be "in the know" Disney has got a Podcast about Disney World (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/special/podcasts/overview?id=PodcastsOverviewPage&CMP=PAC-PodcastVanity) with interesting behind the scene info and discussions with the Imagineers

David Brady podcasts a lively mix of exclusive content including behind-the-scenes tours of Walt Disney World® Resort, celebrity interviews, exciting events and conversations with Disney Imagineers — the folks who put the magic in Disney Theme Parks and Resorts.

Sounds interesting!

dzneprincess
01-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Thnx Kevin

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 03:35 PM
So is everyone planning on watching '24' tonight??

CajunGirl2
01-15-2006, 03:39 PM

YES! YES! YES! But that means that I'll be missing "Deparate Housewives" too. We don't have have a VCR or DVR ... GASP!!! Anyone know what the real night for "24" will be?

Ang

CajunGirl2
01-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Stacey,

Sorry to hear about Jay's mom.

Ang

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 04:32 PM
YES! YES! YES! But that means that I'll be missing "Deparate Housewives" too. We don't have have a VCR or DVR ... GASP!!! Anyone know what the real night for "24" will be?

Ang

I haven't watched any desperate housewives ....GASP!!! but I have season 1 on DVD, just need to get DH to connect one of the DVD's that are in his closet in our room by the treadmill and then I will get walking and watch it.
24 is 2 hours tonight and 2 tomorrow, luckily DH had sooo much food catered for my 'surprise' party last night that I have dinner for tonight and tomorrow and a freezer full and luckily Indian freezes well!

mickeymo
01-15-2006, 04:40 PM

yep! Our group that watches "Extreme Home Makeover" is having a 24 party tonight!!! yippee!!! Even better we're going to a house that has TIVO!!! No comercials!!! (We don't have DVR...)

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 04:56 PM
yep! Our group that watches "Extreme Home Makeover" is having a 24 party tonight!!! yippee!!! Even better we're going to a house that has TIVO!!! No comercials!!! (We don't have DVR...)

Wanted to get get TIVO a couple of weeks ago and DH never seemed interested which amazed me as he is the one addicted to TV and hates the commercials, he is remote king and flips A LOT!!!

CajunGirl2
01-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I haven't watched any desperate housewives ....GASP!!! but I have season 1 on DVD, just need to get DH to connect one of the DVD's that are in his closet in our room by the treadmill and then I will get walking and watch it.
24 is 2 hours tonight and 2 tomorrow, luckily DH had sooo much food catered for my 'surprise' party last night that I have dinner for tonight and tomorrow and a freezer full and luckily Indian freezes well!

How was your "surpise" party?

Ang

CajunGirl2
01-15-2006, 05:44 PM
The girls don't usually get put to bed until 8:15ish. Hmmmm. We're going to have to do something to get them to bed a little earlier tonight. Neither one had naps today so hopefully they'll be willing to hit the sack.

Ang

lunsusie
01-15-2006, 06:26 PM
Stacey, our condolences and prayers go out to you and your family. :rose:

lunsusie
01-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Pam, Charley and family - you, too, are in our prayers.

RachelTori
01-15-2006, 06:42 PM
Stacey, a big :hug: for you and Jay and the family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Pam, a big :hug: for your family too. Hope Charley is doing better - please keep us updated. Our thoughts & prayers are with your family too.

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 06:52 PM
How was your "surpise" party?

Ang

It was fun, about 35 people with enough food for probably 60-70 (he ordered for 33) and we are going to be having it for a while but at least he ordered food we like, it was fun having everyone there and so much easier not having it at home with the mess. And of course I got spoilt.

DH also did all the laundry today which was better than any party!!! hahaha :rotfl2:

scuba diver
01-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Tonight the kids have church group so it is our date night. We had clam chowder and chili at a restaurant on the beach. Then Sharon and I walked the beach and watched the full moon rise.

Some time I will have to take a picture of the moon rising as it is really neat, but the best part is that it was free. I love living on the coast in Florida.

Okay, so we were wearing coats and sweatshirts because it was 60 degrees, but it still was really neat looking. :cool1:

ohiominnie
01-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Cold with frost warnings this morning here in Florida.

Is OHMinnie some where near by? :rotfl2:

HA HA HA! I just told Mike yesterday (on our very chilly ride from the port to Gma Lightbulb's) that I was going to get grief for all of the FL cold weather. It was cold when we got there on 1/6, cold on 1/7....then warmed up when we went to sea. Then it got cold when we got back 1/14 and 1/15 and is due to warm up now that we are gone!!

Coincidence???? Hmmmm.

I am DOG tired. We got to the airport Hyatt last night late--11:00 (by the time we left Gma's and returned the rental, etc) Then to bed by midnight and then Nick decided that for the FOURTH time in 3 years he was going to puke on vacation---every single time out of the blue with NO warning! This time while sound asleep in bed.....with me--at 4:30 inthe morning. Groan. So it was a very early morning, a slightly delayed flight, a play on the way home (which luckily Nick didn't puke during) and finally home and unpacked. Whew.

Will try to catch up on the thread as the week goes on and tell you some snippets from our cruise. :)

ohiominnie
01-15-2006, 07:20 PM
Speaking of college hockey - Ohiominnie isn't around for me to have fun gloating - but, it was a sweep!!!

BGSU defeated OSU...Go Falcons!!!

WTG!! We don't follow the hockey team that closely. Went to one game this year b/c someone gave us tickets. Football and basketball keep us busy enough!

ohiominnie
01-15-2006, 07:24 PM
That's the one nice thing about the "other" cruise lines. And I wish Disney would do this also. The "other" lines have "real" stores, where you can even buy underwear if you need them.

We did find "real" pants in Treasure Ketch on about day 4....they were over $70 a pair!!!! By that time formal night was over and no one cared that my dad was wearing jeans.

They did a boo-boo in the terminal yesterday. They grabbed 4 bags that looked like theirs. They say they checked the tags and that the porter grabbed a bag other than the ones they had laid out, but all of our bags were together and the porter did not vere from his spot. Needless to say...they got some lady's bag from Minnesota. And one of theirs is missing. I sure hope the MN lady wasn't too panicked that her bag was missing. They are trying to get ahold of DCL but no one who was there today seemed to know if their bag was left behind and/or what to do with the MN lady's bag.

ohiominnie
01-15-2006, 07:37 PM
Well.....gotta run. Made it to page 1506!! You guys were CHATTY!!
Will try to catch up more tomorrow.

dobelover
01-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Welcome back, Ohiominnie! Can't wait to hear about your trip. How was Gma and her hubby? Oh, and who is Captain on the Magic now?

Sue

itdjbw
01-15-2006, 09:11 PM
welcome back Ohiominnie, we want all the details please.......... :sunny:

mickeymo
01-15-2006, 09:54 PM
:cool1: I'm glad I only have to wait less than 24 hrs for 2 more episodes of 24...!!! :cool1:

TiggerInNY
01-15-2006, 10:09 PM
Welcome back OM. Can't wait to read your trip report.

Maria

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Hi Everyone -- just got home from the hospital a short while ago. They did not release Charley today. I am really upset with the cardiologist. Supposedly a test was supposed to be ordered and it didn't and now they will do it tomorrow morning. I do not like this doctor and am thinking of asking for another cardiologists' opinion. Charley has something called vasel vagel syndrom(???) and it is due to a sudden drop in blood pressure which caused the black out. Virgil might could explain better than I. anyway, they are talking about putting him on a beta blocker medication, but they have to do the lung test first to make sure there aren't any problems with the lungs. But then this doctor goes on telling Charley he may have to have a pace maker installed. He throws all of this stuff out at him and then doesn't wait for us to ask questions, says he has to go. Luckily, one of the partners will be in tomorrow and I hope he has better manners and will discuss rationally. This throws Charley into a sudden cold sweat and he was worried sick. The regular doctor came in after than and was shocked at what we told him. He said he had reviewed all tests and he saw all of that as a worst case scenario and a last alternative.

Anyway, I ended up staying most of the day, because I didn't want Charley to be alone. His sister drove down (lives about 1 hour away - Kevin and Diana will know where Las Cruces is) and so did his brother. Think that made him feel a little better. After the games went off, I took out our cruise stuff and we started talking about what excursions we were interested in and the changes on the ship since our last cruise 4 years ago. Charley did say he was disappointed that we didn't get a verandah like we did 4 years ago. Of course, we are paying slightly more for a Cat 11 this time versus what we paid for a verandah last time. I think that helped both of us get our mind off things. Kids are off tomorrow, but I am going to leave them at the house in the morning while I try to go and talk to the doctors. Luckily, we are only about 10-15 minutes from the hospital. Then I have to run to my doctor's appointment at 11. What a week!

tinksdad
01-15-2006, 11:02 PM
Our continued best wishes and pixie dust to Charley. I just know that all will work out!

Keep the faith!! :hug:

justmestace
01-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Pam...more good wishes for Charley. Jared (my DS, 12) passed out (can't even remember how long ago that was) and it was diagnosed as Vasal Vagal Episodes. After all the tests were done (weeks worth) it turned out to be basically nothing. I hope the same is true for Charley.

Our day went from bad to worse. I took a nap late this afternoon and woke with a phone call that Megan had been in a car accident. She'll be fine.
She was broad-sided by another car, supposedly the driver did have a license and insurance, but the car he was driving wasn't his...so we may find out that neither was the license. It's something that happens a lot here. He's a Mexican guy who didn't speak English. He wasn't hurt.
Anyway, I got out there just after the ambulance arrived, but Megan didn't want them to transport her, she wanted me to take her to the hospital, so I just now got home. She has a lot of bruises and scrapes, she got her foot stuck under the gas pedal, so she has a sprained ankle and cuts. She hit her head on the window, but isn't showing any signs of a concussion. She'll really be hurting tomorrow.
Hard to tell if the insurance company will "total" her car or not. It definitely wasn't drivable. I had trouble even getting the passenger door open, and she was hit on the driver side! The bigger vehicle is always going to win. sHe drives a Chevy Cavalier and he was driving a Toyota FourRunner.

Honestly, it took all I had to not go up and smack the crap out of him. I won't even start on my true feelings.

TTYL

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Pam- sorry to hear that Charley is being put through all of this. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will have a better bedside manner and will talk out all options.

Stacey - poor Megan. Glad to hear her injuries weren't more serious.

OK everyone that's enough hospital visits. The only ones I want to hear about going forward are by Mike & Virgil! :)

Seriously - prayers and pixie dust going out to you guys!

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 11:19 PM
Stacey -- that is terrible about Megan. Hope she is okay. So sorry to hear about Jay's mom. I hope he is doing okay.

I remember when that happened to Jared, didn't realize it was the same thing. I really hope there isn't more that the cardiologist hasn't told us yet. I can't imagine why he would tell us that Charley might have to have a pacemaker unless there is something else that we don't know. I continue to pray that we know something soon. At least we should know that he is in good health after this with as many different tests that they are doing on him.

Stacey -- are you still in for the bags. I think you were on my original list, let me know -- thanks

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 11:21 PM
Diana -- I know I didn't respond earlier when we were talking about DVC Dining Plan, but wanted to let you know that you can add it on for only one night and you can add it to a DVC reservation even if it isn't in your name. I did this for our friends that will be cruising with us. They are going to stay on May 25 at Beach Club in a studio on our points and I added the dining plan to their reservation. It really seems like a good deal.

The only thing I had to do, was split my reservation. Since Charley is coming back before the kids and I do, we had to do 2 reservations (one for the 2 nights he will be with us) and the other for the remaining nights for me and the kids. You can't pay it in advance, you pay it upon check in at the resort.

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 11:24 PM
I got really excited when I opened my email today. I received a free 1 day rental from National to be used by June 30, 2005. I will use that to get to Canaveral. We will be flying in on Thursday, May 25 (7:30 p.m.) and will stay at BCV that night, then go down to Radisson around 4 p.m on Friday, May 26. We have to turn the car into Cocoa Beach by 6:00 p.m. I am pretty sure that our friends can follow me over to turn in the car and then get back to hotel in time to turn their car in. Saves me another $40. What can I buy on the ship for $40. hmmm, let me think:rotfl:

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 11:26 PM
BTW -- I still have not got my cruise kit. Looks like I will be checking on Tuesday, since there is no mail tomorrow. For those of you who have received, is there more information onthe excursions. I don't think they put enough of a description onthe DCL website.

justmestace
01-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Pam...yes...I definitely want a bag, thanks.

I think the doctors often give you every scenario possible, just so that you won't be surprised later...and to cover their butts.....oops...I mean BASES.
They told us a list of things that could have been the cause of Jared's trouble, and it ended up being more like "Oh well, sometimes that happens".

I guess I must have been awfully tense....suddenly I notice all my muscles are sore. Going to bed.

I'm with you, Mary THAT'S ENOUGH...for all of us!

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 11:28 PM
Has anyone used insure my trip for cruise insurance. I went ahead and purchased insurance last week from them. Got a much better plan than the one DCL sells for only $135. With all of this going on with Charley, I sure am glad I purchased last week instead of waiting until this week. I purchased on Jan. 11 and Charley went into the hospital on 1/13. It is the travelex enhanced plan, and it looks like they don't charge for children.

BWVPam
01-15-2006, 11:35 PM
Here is the list so far of those that want bags:

WDWLVR
WVMD
TINKS
WHNIM64
Scubas
CajunGirl
Dobelover
CodyJ
Dzneprincess
Mickeymo
DVCCruise
Me and our friends
Justmestace

I think OHIOMINNIE wants one also, but she has been out having fun without us. That would put us at 15. We really need to get 20 of the bags so the price goes down.

Mark/Mary-- maybe we can put something on your website later this week. We can put a picture of the bag and ask them to email me if they want one. I am afraid any of our new people or those that don't post often will miss out if they want one.

When I have a chance (hopefully later this week) I plan on meeting with the supplier and giving her some artwork to see what she can do. Then I will ask her to give me a detailed price breakdown so you all can see what it is. She did say she could ship them for us (for a price of course) and for everyone not in Texas, you won't have to pay the sales tax that way. By doing it that way, I won't have to ship and everyone can save the tax. If I ship them out, she will have to charge me all of the sales tax since I am in Texas. Hopefully that all makes sense. Anyway, I will post more details once they are available.

WDWLVR
01-15-2006, 11:48 PM
Pam - that's a great idea about the website. I was trying to look back for info on it earlier today but gave up. Too many posts to read. :rotfl2: Send the picture and all info to me at marygums@monorailgreen.info and I'll get it up on the site where everyone can see it.

scuba diver
01-16-2006, 01:44 AM
After reading all the recent posts I am kind of glad my life is a little boring and uneventful.

Since we have competition this weekend at Wide World of Sports on Sunday we decided to head over and spend Saturday night there. That will give us a chance to see Wishes again.

dobelover
01-16-2006, 05:18 AM
Good Morning All - Stacey, really sorry about Megan, glad she is ok. How is Jay? Will you be involved in the services or is that it with the family?

Pam - Continued good thoughts coming your way.

Sue

WDWLVR
01-16-2006, 05:56 AM

Happy Monday!

Going to be a hard day at work today. I work with some die-hard Bears fans. Mark and I don't really get into footballso the outcome of the game didn't really matter to us. :)

dobelover
01-16-2006, 06:05 AM
Mary - Sooooooooo Sooooooorry, from a Panthers fan!

Sue:)

WDWLVR
01-16-2006, 06:08 AM
Sue - its all good! Like I said we really aren't football fans so it doesn't mean much to us. As we are fond of saying in Chicago...there's always next year!

whnim64
01-16-2006, 06:32 AM
Pam- sorry to hear that Charley is being put through all of this. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will have a better bedside manner and will talk out all options.

Stacey - poor Megan. Glad to hear her injuries weren't more serious.

OK everyone that's enough hospital visits. The only ones I want to hear about going forward are by Mike & Virgil! :)

Seriously - prayers and pixie dust going out to you guys!

Ditto from me, and condolences for Jay and Stacey, too.

Happy thoughts, now.

CajunGirl2
01-16-2006, 06:54 AM
:bday: :cake: Happy Birthday Julia!:cake::bday:

I can't remember if you work or not, but if you do, I hope you got the holiday today.

Ang

CajunGirl2
01-16-2006, 06:59 AM
Good morning all! Neither Bruce nor I have the holiday today so Emily is at day care today too. She's ok with it since they go on field trips and her best buddy is there today as well.

I agree with Mary ... too many hospital visits and bad news. No more allowed for a while!

I was glad to see Carolina win but sad to hear that Indy lost. But now I know who I'll be pulling for here on out.

Bruce told me that we may not be able to drive the new truck "home" next month since we won't be past the break-in period. I'm not too happy about that! I guess it would save on gas but there's no way that we'd have room to take all of things that I've promised to people (ski clothes for my sister, hand-me-down clothes that no longer fits Ashley, etc.).

Ang

CajunGirl2
01-16-2006, 07:00 AM
When I have a chance (hopefully later this week) I plan on meeting with the supplier and giving her some artwork to see what she can do. Then I will ask her to give me a detailed price breakdown so you all can see what it is. She did say she could ship them for us (for a price of course) and for everyone not in Texas, you won't have to pay the sales tax that way. By doing it that way, I won't have to ship and everyone can save the tax. If I ship them out, she will have to charge me all of the sales tax since I am in Texas. Hopefully that all makes sense. Anyway, I will post more details once they are available.

Hopefully we'll have enough to get the discount. I like the idea of having them shipped and saving taxes. We can use ours for our drive down to FL.

Ang

TiggerInNY
01-16-2006, 08:22 AM
I was glad to see Carolina win but sad to hear that Indy lost. But now I know who I'll be pulling for here on out.Ang

Angie - Sorry to say, but I was on the other end of the Indy loss yesterday. I am a HUGE Pittsburgh fan. I almost had a heart attack though at the end of the end. It just looked like Indy did NOT come to play. Peyton just couldn't get it together, but Ben did. Not like last year. No, I'm not from Pitt, never even visited, but we go waaay back to the 70's when there was Franco Harris, Mean Joe Green, Terry Bradshaw, John Stallworth and of course, Lynn Swann.

We're hosting a SuperBowl party at our house and if my team is in, it will be hard cause I'm going to want to watch the game. Only time will tell. Next week at this time, I will know where I stand. Literally...:rotfl:

Maria

TiggerInNY
01-16-2006, 08:27 AM
Stacey,

Sorry to hear about Megan. I'm with Mary, cut it out now guys. That's enough trips to the hospital. Glad to hear that Megan is OK. Pretty scarey.

Pam, hope that you and Charley get some good news today. I hate when they don't tell you anything and then a holiday comes and a whole day is wasted. Keep the faith.

Maria

chip&dale&fun
01-16-2006, 08:51 AM
TTYL

Stacey - I have been off-line so to speak and came back to the news that you posted. I am sending belated prayers for a celebration of Jay's Mom's life and hope that Jay can accept her passing with smiles for the wonderful memories they had for their time together. :flower2:

chip&dale&fun
01-16-2006, 08:58 AM

Pam - again catching up and wish for good news this week, starting tomorow for Charley. And hope that by now you and Ashley are better.... :goodvibes

chip&dale&fun
01-16-2006, 09:02 AM
justmestace said Our day went from bad to worse. I took a nap late this afternoon and woke with a phone call that Megan had been in a car accident. She'll be fine.
She was broad-sided by another car, supposedly the driver did have a license and insurance, but the car he was driving wasn't his...so we may find out that neither was the license. It's something that happens a lot here. He's a Mexican guy who didn't speak English. He wasn't hurt.
Anyway, I got out there just after the ambulance arrived, but Megan didn't want them to transport her, she wanted me to take her to the hospital, so I just now got home. She has a lot of bruises and scrapes, she got her foot stuck under the gas pedal, so she has a sprained ankle and cuts. She hit her head on the window, but isn't showing any signs of a concussion. She'll really be hurting tomorrow.

Found the reason Megan was being wished well, and I hope she wasn't hurting as much as you thought. What a bummer.....and now the trouble with the car.....Take care of that sprain, they say a sprain can be worse than a break....whoever "they" is...

chip&dale&fun
01-16-2006, 09:08 AM
After reading all the recent posts I am kind of glad my life is a little boring and uneventful.

Since we have competition this weekend at Wide World of Sports on Sunday we decided to head over and spend Saturday night there. That will give us a chance to see Wishes again.

Echo-echo that sentiment. We have been readying the house for the new roof, so we had to take down the outside Christmas lights - finally, and move all the plants and pots away from the house...Hopefully this will be over soon and we can restore some semblence of sanity to our house and garden and avoid the trash menatilty that still hits me coming home.

We are catching Wishes on Friday night from the California Grill and it is dinner at V/A on Saturday.

We will wave to Lisa when we pass by the Wide World of Sports - what time is her meet????? :rose: They throw flowers to ice skaters, ok for gymnists too??? :flower2: Good Luck...

TiggerInNY
01-16-2006, 09:09 AM
Pam - OK, what do these bags look like. Like I don't have enough, but one commemorating the cruise, maybe I'll take one. I just want to see what they look like first. Is it big enough to take to the beach on our excursions? Let me know.

Maria

CajunGirl2
01-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Pam - OK, what do these bags look like. Like I don't have enough, but one commemorating the cruise, maybe I'll take one. I just want to see what they look like first. Is it big enough to take to the beach on our excursions? Let me know.

Maria

Maria,

I'm sure Pam won't be posting any time soon. So, here's a link to the picture of the bag.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=10089476#post10089476

It comes in blue/black or red/black. I'm not sure if a decision has been made as to which color we're going to get.

It looks like something that would be great to take on excursions - in my opinion anyway.

Ang

chip&dale&fun
01-16-2006, 09:48 AM

Thanks for posting the update - and Congrats....Best of Luck next week, or is it this week.... :flower3:

TiggerInNY
01-16-2006, 09:50 AM
Angie,

Thanks. I think I'm in for one. that looks like something I could use even after the cruise. How much were they and where do I send my $? Thanks.

Maria

CajunGirl2
01-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Angie,

Thanks. I think I'm in for one. that looks like something I could use even after the cruise. How much were they and where do I send my $? Thanks.

Maria

I think Pam was meeting with the vendor this week to work out costs & details. If I'm not mistaken, she was thinking that they would be around $25 if she could get an order for 20 of them. She mentioned something about getting names embroidered on them for an extra cost but my understanding is that is optional. I'm sure after Pam meets with the vendor she'll let us know who/where the money needs to go.

I think the bags looks very nice and would be something that we could use to go to the YMCA pool during the summer.

Ang

chip&dale&fun
01-16-2006, 10:04 AM
Status of the Cruise Booklet - Not for us, we used a T/A - so I sent her an e-mail...please....

Status of decision on Mayan Ruins - still up in air....\

Dining - Thanks Stacey - I think we are set.

Bags - Thanks Pam, but no bag for us, but thanks for your efforts...

Car trips for kids - having none, I did not chime in.....now, car trips for CATS.....just ask!

Weather - another cool snap, wind chill warnings posted this weekend, but not needed.

Basketball - Gooo Maggie, Gooo Mike....do well coach Monica! Baseball, already for Jared...wow, spring is right around the corner and after that — CRUISE!!!!

Mary — thanks for keeping our page current.....

Lisa - CONGRATS for 2nd place in Atlanta!!!!!

And for Kelley for future meets - thanks for the update Scuba Mom....

You can all be my focus group. Just did a new FAQ for the main forum. Let me know what you think.
Post 23000 - Amanda - you go girl! And Maria for the response....

Virgil - Hi ----

Kikikaren - can I borrow your backhoe for my closets?

Diving - Kevin - received the PM and will respond tonight...

BibbidyBobbidyBoo - FYI - we are diving only in Cozumel and taking a tour for ruins in Casa Maya. Yes, we are brining our gear, but we drive so it is not a big deal.....

Grandma Lighbulb - hope you are doing well.....

As to our boring and uneventful life - the tree is finally down and out of the house, in pieces as it will not fit through the door after it dries out......Most of the decorations are put away and up for next year. We had a good day with Mother – she requested to go to dinner to Hops......After our roof, we move onto hers and major cleaning of her utility room. And that is it for now...

Dancind
01-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Guess what! We have a 50/50 chance of SNOW today! It would only be our second snowstorm this winter. We're actually hoping for it, we've had a dry, dry winter. Of course, it's supposed to hit at the same time I will be shuttling DD to dance today, so that's not good.

Stacey, try to have a quiet, calm day today, OK? Let the kids sleep all day, maybe that will keep them out of trouble. Are you involved in the arrangements for your MIL? I'm sure you're busy.

It seems like some of us liked the idea of red and black bags with yellow stitching. You know, Mickey colors.

CajunGirl2
01-16-2006, 11:14 AM
It seems like some of us liked the idea of red and black bags with yellow stitching. You know, Mickey colors.

That was my vote but wasn't sure if it was official.

Hope you get some of the white stuff ... snow that is.

Ang

justmestace
01-16-2006, 11:36 AM
I'm here. Already talked to Megan this morning. She's pretty stiff and sore, she needed Pete to help her to the potty and such. They gave her crutches, but they're hard to use in a small apartment.
They were calling the insurance company today to make their report and then going to get things out of her car and get a rental.
At least, that's what I TOLD them they were doing!

No...Jay & I aren't handling his Mom's funeral. Jay's brother is. They hadn't made any arrangements ahead of time, so we're hoping he's making some progress.

justmestace
01-16-2006, 11:37 AM

Me Three!

WDWLVR
01-16-2006, 11:55 AM
I agree with the red/black to keep it in Mickey colors!

ohiominnie
01-16-2006, 12:13 PM
Ok, still no time to catch up! I just realized that my energy sentry is off today so I'm catching up on laundry!!! YIPPIE!!!! Here I thought I'd be saving it all until next weekend!

I will give you another detail of my trip though....
Twice Charmed....They showed it on a sea day. My dad and Mike wanted to go to the Navigator series with the Staff Captain (Cpt. Thord is coming on, Cpt. Tom was our captain but he'll be leaving soon) Anyway, they went that way. KT had NO intention of seeing Twice Charmed---she has held a grudge against Cinderella since a bad incident at the castle breakfast many years ago. Nick wanted to stay in the lab. So my mom and I went to the show at the 2:00 matinee.

All I can say is BRING BACK HERCULES! Honestly, it was NOT a good show for me. I never have to see it again (hey, cool....that frees up an evening on our May cruise!) The story line was alright. The characters were a bit annoying (some sleezy, cheesy time travelling magician complete with his own flashing marquee really annoyed me) One of the evil step sisters was the person who always played one of the Pain/Panic creatures from Hercules so everytime I saw her I imagined Pain/Panic. For some reason they had a lot of techical difficulties....some of the accent lights did not light (making the stage and scenery look bad) The microphones kept going in and out (most of Prince Charming's lines were lost during the first 1/2 of ths show) And the music wasn't catchy or, honestly, even understandable. When the whole group sang it was so loud and there were so many different parts, that you couldn't isolate even one part to follow the lyrics....just a lot of high pitched noise, IMHO. Then there were irritating things like being able to see the raggedy Cinderella go down into the stage (the smoke that was supposed to hide that stopped early and you saw Cindy's shoulders and head descend) Plus there was a time when the raggedy Cindy was replaced with a different raggedy Cindy (so the first one could change costumes, apparently) and it was completely obvious when it happened. Then there was the time when the shoe was dropped and the sound effect of breaking glass did not match the timing of the shoe hitting the ground.

All around it was very disappointing--plus I'm still missing Hercules, so that didn't help. Heard the Navigator series with the Staff Captain was REALLY good and lots of questions were answered. Did you know that they flush all grey water, the liquid part of the black water, and food waste into the ocean? All according to Coast Guard regulations they kept saying!

justmestace
01-16-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm surprised they haven't ironed out all the problems that they've had with Twice Charmed! We were I think only the second cruise to see it (must have been on the Mexican Riviera??) and they were having a lot of trouble with it then.

As for the grey water....I guess that means I won't fulfill my life-long dream of water skiing behind the ship! ;)

And.....YEA!! Does that mean we'll have Capt Thord for May?? He's my favorite. Unless they hire Capt Mogic away from Norwegian! :love: The very thought gave me my "Pink" back!

tinksdad
01-16-2006, 12:30 PM
Did you know that they flush all grey water, the liquid part of the black water, and food waste into the ocean? All according to Coast Guard regulations they kept saying!

Fishies LOVE that stuff!! :crazy2:

Dancind
01-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Stacey, his name was Captain Mogic? Sounds like a natural for the Magic to me! Maybe we should start a petition!

I'm sure we will see the new show anyway, but that's disappointing to hear. I am glad they are trying to add new shows occasionally. But I thought that Hercules didn't have it's old spark, anyway, when we saw it on the 10 day. They had a new cast, and they weren't doing all the improv stuff that made it so much fun.

ohiominnie
01-16-2006, 12:32 PM
And.....YEA!! Does that mean we'll have Capt Thord for May?? He's my favorite. Unless they hire Capt Mogic away from Norwegian! :love: The very thought gave me my "Pink" back!

Dunno....don't they do 4 month contracts? Which puts him off the ship mid-may.

I'm already bummed.....We had the BEST serving team EVER (in 7 cruises) Now, we've had good servers, and good assistant servers, but one always outshined the other....not this time....The team of Joyce and Denis were PHENOMENAL!! Denis leaves mid-April, returns mid-June. Joyce, the nerve of her, leaves MAY 27!!!

Capt. Mogic on the Magic? Hmmmm. I like the sound of that!!

scuba diver
01-16-2006, 12:46 PM
and it is dinner at V/A on Saturday.

We will put our faces against the glass and wave at you Saturday.

justmestace
01-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Dunno....don't they do 4 month contracts? Which puts him off the ship mid-may.

I'm already bummed.....We had the BEST serving team EVER (in 7 cruises) Now, we've had good servers, and good assistant servers, but one always outshined the other....not this time....The team of Joyce and Denis were PHENOMENAL!! Denis leaves mid-April, returns mid-June. Joyce, the nerve of her, leaves MAY 27!!!

Capt. Mogic on the Magic? Hmmmm. I like the sound of that!!

Yep...Capt Mogic...and that's what I thought, he'd be PERECT!

Denis? Is it this Denis?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_XmasCruise2004554.jpg

ohiominnie
01-16-2006, 01:35 PM
Denis? Is it this Denis?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_XmasCruise2004554.jpg

Nope. Not my Denis. Mine was from Romania. We were taking our wine to the table every night in glasses (which, btw, our room steward was supposed to supply us with daily but only did it once) Anyway, after Denis had a discussion with my dad about my dad's homemade wine, he told him that if we brought the wine to the table already uncorked, he would pour it for us and not charge us the $15 corkage fee! It was a lot easier to carry one bottle instead of 4 full glasses of wine to dinner! My dad even gave Denis a bottle of his homemade Wildberry Shiraz and the next day Denis told him it was gone already!!! So now my dad has promised Denis that we'd bring more back for him on the 5/27 cruise and we'd give it to John (the head server) to keep for Denis until he returned! Hmmm....maybe I should charge a delivery and handling fee!!

tinksdad
01-16-2006, 01:42 PM
We will put our faces against the glass and wave at you Saturday.
Make sure you leave "nose prints"!! :rotfl2:

scuba diver
01-16-2006, 02:12 PM
We were taking our wine to the table every night in glasses (which, btw, our room steward was supposed to supply us with daily but only did it once) Anyway, after Denis had a discussion with my dad about my dad's homemade wine, he told him that if we brought the wine to the table already uncorked, he would pour it for us and not charge us the $15 corkage fee! It was a lot easier to carry one bottle instead of 4 full glasses of wine to dinner!

I'm so proud of you.

No you just need to get your own caraffe!! :rotfl:

WDWLVR
01-16-2006, 02:24 PM
Jim - since they are on early seating and you are late this time can't they just borrow yours? :rotfl2:

kikipug
01-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Phew... its taking wayyyy too long to catch up these days... I have been off the DIS for 24 hours, and it takes about that long to catch up now!

Stacey - Please add my condolences to those already received. Thankfully, this didn't drag on longer than it needed to. It's never easy, but watching helplessly for a long time is even worse. Glad to hear that Megan's injuries aren't serious. (Though I am sure they are still painful.)

Pam - Prayers and PD that Charley is back on his feet and everything works out to be over-exagerated from Dr. Gloom & Doom.

I totally agree with Jim's sentiment that I'll take my boring, uneventful life.

Went to a benefit concert at HardRock Live last night, so I missed 24 altogether. Didn't tape or Tivo it... I'll just have to figure it out as I go tonight... if I can stay awake that long. I taught a 5 hour class this morning that turned into a 7 hour class thanks to a scheduling nightmare... after being out til well past 1AM, it was a rough morning to be in the next county by 8AM. (on a morning that the kids got to sleep in!!!) I am soooo ready for a nap!!!

I am starting to wonder how many 24 episodes they are going to 'double up' on... chances are, they won't show a season finale on Memorial Day, so we should be all set in terms of the cruise. It's only 19 weeks away, however, there are generally some 2-hour episodes during sweeps and such.

All this talk of dining reservations and excursions makes me want to leave NOW!!!!!!!! I think we should shock the heck out of DCL, all get onto ONE dining rotation at ONE seating, and request a table of 92. That's about how many of us are on Mary & Mark's site... One long table, 92 chairs, with the winner of the day's "Pot Stirrer's Award" at the head of the table! :rotfl2:

Time to catch up on what I missed by being out of the office all day. One thing I missed was the coat of primer being applied to the walls in the hallway... unfortunately the stench lasts a whole lot longer... guess I should have stayed out ALL day!!!!

CajunGirl2
01-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Here ya go KikiKaren ...

http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/7am.htm

http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/8am.htm

Go do a little light reading and catch of from last night's episodes. I missed Desparate Housewives and had to go read up on that one.

Ang

kikipug
01-16-2006, 03:35 PM
Here ya go KikiKaren ...

http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/7am.htm

http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/8am.htm

Go do a little light reading and catch of from last night's episodes. I missed Desparate Housewives and had to go read up on that one.

Ang

Oh yeah... like THAT'S 'light reading'!!!!!!!! Arrrggghh!! I think I might be better off this season just reading the recaps every week- I am stressed out enough in my life right now- maybe 24 isn't what I should be watching...

Time to catch up on DH and GA while I'm at it... but their recaps are one sentence long, not an entire page...

mickeymo
01-16-2006, 03:57 PM
Trying to figure out how to program the VCR. Some stupid basketball coach agreed to Monday 6:30-7:30 basketball practice time. :teeth: Wait...that's me...By the time the kids get picked up and I get home, I'll miss the 7:00 episode. That is, unless I can figure out how to work this VCR...

justmestace
01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
Nap time. If the phone rings, don't answer it. If you DO answer it, and it's for me...tell them I'm not home!

ohiominnie
01-16-2006, 04:29 PM
I made the mistake of thinking about reserving spa time. Started searching, and found pictures of the new Spa Villas. Holy cow. Really expensive...but really NICE! Now to see if A. We can afford it. and B. If Jay will do it.
Somehow, it doesn't sound like much fun to do it by yourself.

On the last night of our cruise we decided to show my parents the fitness room and the rainforest room. The spa lady then toured us through the new Villas.

HOLY COW!! WOW! I asked how much it would cost to just stay there for the entire cruise!!! After getting home and finding prices on the Villa treatments, I can tell you it's out of our price range!

Hey, lookie, I made it to page 1507!

itdjbw
01-16-2006, 05:01 PM
:bday: :cake: Happy Birthday Julia!:cake::bday:

I can't remember if you work or not, but if you do, I hope you got the holiday today.

Ang

Thanks for the wishes, I was at work, didn't feel my best today(must be age catching up), had a sore stomach for some reason but walked 1.5 miles on the treadmill and seem to feel better now so we are going for an early dinner to get back for 24.

Thanks

BWVPam
01-16-2006, 05:08 PM
Just here for a few minutes. We are still waiting for a cardiologist to come by and release Charley. If they don't make it today, we have to wait until tomorrow. I had my doctor's appointment and came home to check on the kids. Charley just called. Looks like they won't release him tonight. Now they want to do a stress test before he goes, which means another night.

Regarding the bags. I was thinking of trying to have the double scoop cone on our bags (screenprinted) and then embroidered names of anyone who wants them. It is the cone that is Mark & Mary's signature. Anyway, if we go with the cone, I am not sure how that will look on the red bags. Will let you know more when I have more information.

Gotta run and head back to the hospital.

itdjbw
01-16-2006, 06:53 PM
I'm here. Already talked to Megan this morning. She's pretty stiff and sore, she needed Pete to help her to the potty and such. They gave her crutches, but they're hard to use in a small apartment.
They were calling the insurance company today to make their report and then going to get things out of her car and get a rental.
At least, that's what I TOLD them they were doing!

No...Jay & I aren't handling his Mom's funeral. Jay's brother is. They hadn't made any arrangements ahead of time, so we're hoping he's making some progress.

Glad Megan is at least up and about and by the sounds of the car she got off lightly which is a good thing.
PD for you all :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

itdjbw
01-16-2006, 06:54 PM
I agree with the red/black to keep it in Mickey colors!

I quadriple that!!! :rotfl2:

dobelover
01-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I get the capt's confused. I know we had Capt Thord for the 10 night. And maybe Capt Tom with Staff Capt Thord in Jan 04. Thank you Ohio Karen!

Sue

itdjbw
01-16-2006, 07:20 PM
We are back from dinner and watching 24 and I have the laptop as you can see!!!

TiggerInNY
01-16-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm not your "usual" 24 watcher but was over my brother's house and they watch. So, I joined them. Phew!!! That was intense. I don't know if I could handle that every week. I have enough stress in my own life to deal with. WE'll see if I'm busy Monday night, maybe I'll get hooked.

Nite nite now. Talk with y'all tomorrow.

maria

justmestace
01-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Poor Megan...she called tonight and is really hurting. She was told that she would get a lot more sore today. And...her Dad called. Her Grandpa on her Dad's side died today. When it rains, it pours. :sad1:

Still no word from Jay's brother on services. There was some paperwork that needed to be done before the mortuary could prepare her, so we're waiting.

Disney Fans
01-16-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey,
Sorry its been awhile. I hurt my shoulder and its been hard to work on computer.

I asked this quesiton also on the main DCL Thread.

What should me and my husband and two boys who will be 6 and 3 at the time of the cruise wear for formal night?

Thanks, trying to start thinking ahead, May 27 will be here before we know it. LOL
Have I missed anything major? Hope everyone is doing well!

justmestace
01-16-2006, 10:39 PM
Hey,
Sorry its been awhile. I hurt my shoulder and its been hard to work on computer.

What should me and my husband and two boys who will be 6 and 3 at the time of the cruise wear for formal night?

Thanks, trying to start thinking ahead, May 27 will be here before we know it. LOL

Welcome back!
We have just done two cruises where we didn't dress up on formal nights. I was being lazy, and wanted to do something casual and low key.
But....my family really likes to dress up for formal night, so we will definitely be doing it in May.
My husband and son will wear their tuxes, and daughter and I will have long dresses.
Last year, another family that cruised with us had two little boys, and there was nothing cuter than seeing them in little tiny tuxedos!
But...it isn't something that everyone does....your husband could just wear a jacket & tie, or a nice shirt and tie, and the boys would be fine in nice pants and shirts. And I think the youngest would be cute in the dressy shorts sets that they have for little boys.

Disney Fans
01-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Welcome back!
We have just done two cruises where we didn't dress up on formal nights. I was being lazy, and wanted to do something casual and low key.
But....my family really likes to dress up for formal night, so we will definitely be doing it in May.
My husband and son will wear their tuxes, and daughter and I will have long dresses.
Last year, another family that cruised with us had two little boys, and there was nothing cuter than seeing them in little tiny tuxedos!
But...it isn't something that everyone does....your husband could just wear a jacket & tie, or a nice shirt and tie, and the boys would be fine in nice pants and shirts. And I think the youngest would be cute in the dressy shorts sets that they have for little boys.

Thanks for letting me know. That sounds like alot of fun!
Once again sorry for your loss and I will try and get on this sight alittle more often if I can.
:sunny: :flower:

justmestace
01-16-2006, 10:46 PM
Thanks for letting me know. That sounds like alot of fun!
Once again sorry for your loss and I will try and get on this sight alittle more often if I can.
:sunny: :flower:

You're welcome...and thank you for your kindness.
If you want more specific ideas about what to wear, we'd love to help. Some of us have been known to show pictures from catalogs and ask opinions on dresses and such.....we're a bunch of crazy over-planners here!

justmestace
01-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Speaking of crazy......silly.....

justmestace
01-16-2006, 10:48 PM
May as well stay for a T.O.P.!!

tinksdad
01-16-2006, 10:51 PM
May as well stay for a T.O.P.!!
Just couldn't help yourself, could ya?? :rotfl2:

justmestace
01-17-2006, 12:16 AM
Just couldn't help yourself, could ya?? :rotfl2:

Allow an old lady a little joy in her sad sorry life, okay??

justmestace
01-17-2006, 12:47 AM
I was just thinking, some of you have met Megan before, but some of you haven't ...so I thought I'd show you a picture of her, and the little dog, too. :paw:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_AshMegan.jpg

justmestace
01-17-2006, 12:52 AM
Okay, that one isn't so great...try this one:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_MeganAuditionPhotos001.jpg

dobelover
01-17-2006, 05:41 AM
Good Morning All - Did I tell you I finally had the DVR installed. Directv no longer installs Tivo. The installer told me I will like the ease of the DVR. I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

Sue

WDWLVR
01-17-2006, 06:08 AM

Happy Tuesday!

Pam - here's hoping Charley comes home today.

Stacey - here's hoping Megan starts feeling better.

Karen - keep catching up and then we want to hear more about the cruise and Grandma Lightbulb!

Disney Fans - nice to see you stopping by. Hang around and play with us if you can.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:24 AM
No A/C for us - still beautiful weather - but we are having another cold snap this weekend....May drop into the 40"s..... :teeth:

Enjoy!

That's probably because my ship was pulling into port....
or so Sir Scuba would argue! :)

But hey, I must not be all bad.....We were at CC and the temps were high 70's and it was sunny. Water must have been warm enough b/c the kids were in all morning and never once complained. LOTS of ppl in the water having fun.
But I see on the main board the next day the temps were low 60's and they couldn't dock b/c of the wind.

(weird though....someone on our exact cruise said the water was COLD at CC....hmmm.....perception)

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:30 AM
WOW...if you dont go to the main boards much looks like there has been a change in the clubs for the 1st night http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=998798&page=2&pp=15 per this thread it seems you can no longer leave them the first evening at the clubs.

Yes...that is true. A big change and kinda disappointing. The kids are usually raring to go to the clubs....even leaving dinner without dessert so they can run off and play. This time they both stayed with us. It was ok, because they got to see the variety show with us instead (which was very good) but I think, for Nick, it set the tone of hanging with us instead of going to the Lab. So he did a LOT more of that. Of course gma and gpa had gotten him the Harry Potter DS game for his birthday (gave it to him the first day on the ship) and he wanted nothing more than to play his DS all day.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:33 AM
On Barb's site - the latest navigators she has posted (12/15) - for 8&9 year olds-says bring your parents and meet the counselors and explore from 7p-12am.

The 10-12's from 10/15 say Welcome Aboard games in Ocean Quest...no mention of parents - guess we'll have to get the scoop from OM

I will say....in the afternoon on embarkation day they have an open house in Ocean Quest. GO TO IT. We went and the kids got to dock and sail the Magic several times using the bridge simulator. When they (ok, just KT) went to OQ with her Lab they had to share docking or sailing the Magic and KT is just too much of a control freak to like that. She got too frustrated when the other kid wouldn't do what he/she needed to do....i.e. she knew thrusters needed to be OFF, but the kid kept them on.

Will have to dig out the actual navigator's to see if 10-12's were alone. I think not b/c otherwise KT would have gone.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:36 AM
Too bad. I was going to suggest that Jim bring some for us all!!!

Ang

Can't he make them and bring them along and we'll eat them up in the parking lot??

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:39 AM
Actually the kit even has a timetable reminding us that we have to be paid full up by some day in March. Like it has been in the past with Docs, it's all random somehow as to when they'll show. Time to get out the Ouija boad...

Don't know if you all know this, but the docs have changed. This last cruise there was only one set of docs to fill out for the entire party (instead of one set for each person!!) NICE!! Everyone still gets their Bahama immigration form though......although my dad reached in his coat pocket on debarkation day and found his immigration form.....they had never collected it!

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:40 AM
Maybe they go in alphabetical order....Jim's name comes before yours....mine is way at the bottom.

I didn't get anything, and we are repeat cruisers and paid off. Maybe I won't get one. I may cry....I like getting mail from DCL.

WAAAA....this is now almost a week later and I haven't gotten anything yet!!!!!

Oh...yeah, I pick up the mail today at the post office. Maybe it's in there waiting for me!

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Ok, I'm up to 1519! Must go get a start on the day. School has to restart today. And Nick has to have two baby teeth extracted per the orthodontists orders. I am SOOOOO not good at that sort of thing. I surely want to be there for Nick, but feel I need to leave the room otherwise I'll go down. Yes, I was a nurse (and an ICU one at that)! I can do whatever is needed on anyone elses' babies, but when someone has to do something to mine it's not good....not good at all.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:47 AM
well....we are this close.....should stay....

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:47 AM
for the TOP!!!!:)

whnim64
01-17-2006, 06:53 AM
Hey,

Our semi-formal night picture is the one on Mary's website from our cruise 06/04
http://monorailgreen.info/May06/photoindex.htm This is what we did for our formal nite on our 6/04 cruise. Since DH doesn't own a tux, and we don't want to pack suits if we don't have to, we rented a tux from the cruiseline tux service. DS wore a suit and tie, and I had on a short black dress. This year both DH and DS will rent the tux and I'll be wearing a dressy top with a black skirt for formal night. We had brought DS's Easter dress shoes on the cruise not realizing that he'd outgrown them. We have several pictues of him in his suit with sandals!

CajunGirl2
01-17-2006, 07:23 AM
Can't he make them and bring them along and we'll eat them up in the parking lot??

Sounds like a plan!

Ang

CajunGirl2
01-17-2006, 07:23 AM

Oh...yeah, I pick up the mail today at the post office. Maybe it's in there waiting for me!

I STILL haven't gotten mine! I wonder if I ever will.

Good luck to Nick today!!!

Ang

MarkRG
01-17-2006, 07:56 AM
It was ok, because they got to see the variety show with us instead (which was very good)

hm... wonder if that has something to do with this change. The one time we attended the variety show it was lightly attended and even we left halfway thru. Was back when they had the wierd magician and the bumbling assistant show.

Don't know if you all know this, but the docs have changed. This last cruise there was only one set of docs to fill out for the entire party (instead of one set for each person!!) NICE!! Everyone still gets their Bahama immigration form though......although my dad reached in his coat pocket on debarkation day and found his immigration form.....they had never collected it!

VERY nice. Was a waste to have multiple little booklets.

Our semi-formal night picture is the one on Mary's website from our cruise 06/04
http://monorailgreen.info/May06/photoindex.htm This is what we did for our formal nite on our 6/04 cruise. Since DH doesn't own a tux, and we don't want to pack suits if we don't have to, we rented a tux from the cruiseline tux service. DS wore a suit and tie, and I had on a short black dress. This year both DH and DS will rent the tux and I'll be wearing a dressy top with a black skirt for formal night. We had brought DS's Easter dress shoes on the cruise not realizing that he'd outgrown them. We have several pictues of him in his suit with sandals!

Hey, whatever works. :) The kids can range from polo shirt and dressy pants to the tux and be fine on formal nite. Depends how far they are willing to go, tho get them started early on dressing up and it should only get easier to do as they get older.

I STILL haven't gotten mine! I wonder if I ever will.

I'll see if I can put together an online version for everyone who hasn't got one yet. I remember from the past that DCL's mailings are all over the place about arriving.

RachelTori
01-17-2006, 08:00 AM
I'll see if I can put together an online version for everyone who hasn't got one yet. I remember from the past that DCL's mailings are all over the place about arriving.

That would be VERY appreciated!! ::yes:: Thanks, Mark!

chip&dale&fun
01-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Had to rush out of town for a business meeting yesterday ---

Prayers to Jay and the entire family.

Best wished to Megan for a speedy recovery....

Flusing - I heard from one crew member they chop up all the extra food and feed it to the fishes. That made be feel better by leaving food on my plate and the second cruise a crew member said it was not true???

Formal Night - you would never know it if you came to our house, but we dress to the hilt on Formal Night. Sam bought a Tux, we priced it vs renting, but we drive so luggage is not an option. I hit a great bargin at David's Bridal for my gown, and yes, it is a gown. Ask the Scuba's as they will see it when they wipe the nose prints off V/A's door....on Saturday.

Twice Charmed, now I liked the twist to the story.....I saw Herc as well and it was funnier, this one is sweeter?????

OK - rushing again and I am not holding up my end of 4 posts per day....

One last thing, the house is almost reclaimed from Christmas. I thought I was done, while watching golden globes last night...Woke up this am, found more stuff. I think that Stitch has been stashing stuff under chairs.

Bye...

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 08:21 AM
Flusing - I heard from one crew member they chop up all the extra food and feed it to the fishes. That made be feel better by leaving food on my plate and the second cruise a crew member said it was not true???

We had always heard that everything was pumped out at the various ports....food, grey water, etc.

The source of the "dumping overboard" info was the Chief Engineer of the ship....the guy who operates and supervises all of the systems (plumbing, A/C, reverse osmosis, desalination, etc etc).....so I think that HE would know what happens to everything.

CajunGirl2
01-17-2006, 08:55 AM
I thought that ships could not "flush" in US waters due to Coast Guard rules. My friends & I chartered 2 catamarans in the British Virgin Islands 10 years ago. Since the cats were registered in the BVI, we could not sail to USVI because of the waste issue. There were notices posted on the cats. And, DCL does sail to USVIs, right?

Side note ... that was one of my ULTIMATE vacations ... 16 friends sailing (& captaining) around the BVI 2 catamarans for a week. Boy, was that HEAVEN!

Ang

chip&dale&fun
01-17-2006, 09:31 AM
My TA said my DCL packet was received by her on Friday so she will ship it out to me today. I will post if/when it is received......

HAH.

justmestace
01-17-2006, 10:03 AM
I thought that ships could not "flush" in US waters due to Coast Guard rules. My friends & I chartered 2 catamarans in the British Virgin Islands 10 years ago. Since the cats were registered in the BVI, we could not sail to USVI because of the waste issue. There were notices posted on the cats. And, DCL does sail to USVIs, right?

Side note ... that was one of my ULTIMATE vacations ... 16 friends sailing (& captaining) around the BVI 2 catamarans for a week. Boy, was that HEAVEN!

Ang

I was reading my Caribbean Travel & Life last night, and saw an ad for these Cats...and filled out an online form to win a free trip. Sounds like fun! Maybe one day, I'll talk Jay into doing this. I never win drawings, so I'm not holding my breath on winning.

Haven't heard from Megan yet this morning, which is a good thing. She must have taken her pain pills and slept.

No word from Jay's brother on services yet, either.

My TA is enjoying WDW right now, so I can't e-mail her about my KIT... will have to wait and see Mark's version. Thank you, Mark.

Will be updating and posting the LATE dinner seating list.

dobelover
01-17-2006, 10:27 AM
Are there hair dryers in the bathrooms? I just can't remember.

Sue

justmestace
01-17-2006, 10:28 AM
Sue

Yes...they aren't the strongest in the world...but they have them.
Jared thought it was a vacuum cleaner the first time he saw one.

dobelover
01-17-2006, 10:29 AM
I will be back on Feb 5 and will work on the early seating then. Just a little wrapped on the Jan 28 cruise:) .

Is that ok Stace?

Sue

dobelover
01-17-2006, 10:35 AM
Yes...they aren't the strongest in the world...but they have them.
Jared thought it was a vacuum cleaner the first time he saw one.

DM and I have short hair. CodyJ has the longer locks.
Thanks.

justmestace
01-17-2006, 10:40 AM
Updated Late Dining List:

justmestace
RachelTori
the Scuba Family
DVCCruise Family
Chip&Dale&Fun
Mickeymo
The Tinks
dzneprincess
WVMD
itdjbw
BibbidyBobbidyBoo

Sent a PM to ladypoo....waiting for reply

I think I now have everyone except for Patti.

If you have sent Diana or I your info, and I don't have you on here, please let me know. We will be sending the list to DCL at the end of the week. God willing, and the creek don't rise.

That's got to be a first...a T.O.P. with absolutely EVERYONE on the late dinner seating!

:dancer: :dancer:

justmestace
01-17-2006, 10:43 AM
I will be back on Feb 5 and will work on the early seating then. Just a little wrapped on the Jan 28 cruise:) .

Is that ok Stace?
Sue

Of course. They don't actually do the seating until the week before the cruise. Just trying to get us down for the table location we want.

tinksdad
01-17-2006, 10:49 AM

Sue
Of course! I used ours everyday!! :rotfl2:

Dancind
01-17-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, we didn't get snow. It's going to be a long, dry summer here unless things change quickly.

Stacey, our sympathies to Megan. She's having a really bad week, poor kid.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 01:18 PM
(sigh)
Our peds dentist is on a leave of absence. His son is having high powered chemo for a relapse.... he's not doing well. So some other guy is taking over the practice for now.

For one...they weren't clear on which teeth to pull. The ortho told me there were 3....the dentist was saying "one of those is already gone." HUH? Nick hasn't had a tooth come out since he first saw the ortho so that was confusing. I made double sure that at the very least they were pulling BABY teeth, not permanent teeth!

Secondly....when KT had to have a tooth pulled a few years back the regular guy automatically gave her nitrious oxide. Said no point in having kids anxious, b/c then they won't like the dentist ever again. It was safe, easy and calming for her and us.

I mentioned that to them today....giving Nick NO right from the start. They said "we don't do that at first, we see how they're doing and then we decide." I told them I'd rather he just have it (trying not to panic Nick in the process in case they wouldn't give it to him) and they said he's a "big guy, big trooper, strong boy..." they wanted to try it without....

So they start to give him Novacaine and he cries and grabs the dentist's arm.

MOMMA BEAR KICKS IN HERE.

So he got NO. But he was now freaked out and it was pretty stressful for him (he nearly broke my thumb squeezing it) The first syringe of Novacaine didn't touch him at all and when they checked to see he cried out and nearly jumped out of the chair, so they gave him another.

My intent was for him to have NO, and for me to step out of the room at actual tooth pulling time (don't want a mom going down) but after those incidents there was no way I'd leave him. I sat on the stool by his chair with my head on his chairs armrest so I couldn't see, but I could still hold his hands.

Poor little guy. :(

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 01:25 PM
How is Virgil accomplishing this????

whnim64Sandi Hayes May2720066 Jun032006Magic

km2allcathy mushenski May2720066 Jun032006Magic

Twoears May2720066 Jun032006Magic

kikipugKaren May2720066 Jun032006Magic

TiggerInNYMaria May2720066 Jun032006Magic

wvmdVirgilMay2720066 Jun062006Magic

Disneydizz 5 May2720066 Jun032006Magic

pat0326 May2720066 Jun032006Magic

tekmnky 5 May2720066 Jun032006Magic

RachelToriLaura May2720066 Jun032006Magic

goofyfamily41 5 May2720066 Jun032006Magic

LOVETHATMOUSE 5 May2720066 Jun032006Magic

ohiominnie 5 May2720066 Jun032006Magic

How is he getting to stay on the ship an extra 3 days???????

CajunGirl2
01-17-2006, 02:02 PM
Poor little guy!!! And poor mom! Sounds like you & Nick had a rough time. How is Nick feeling now?

Ang

chip&dale&fun
01-17-2006, 02:25 PM
Launch scrubbed - too windy - pooh.....

Dancind
01-17-2006, 02:47 PM
OM, been there done that! I think the last time Alicia had a tooth pulled, she was 12. We didn't use the gas because she was "grown up", or looked it anyway. She cried the entire time, the dentist wasn't very nice about it. He's not a ped dentist though. I'm just glad she didn't have anymore teeth that needed pulling.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 03:04 PM
OM, been there done that! I think the last time Alicia had a tooth pulled, she was 12. We didn't use the gas because she was "grown up", or looked it anyway. She cried the entire time, the dentist wasn't very nice about it. He's not a ped dentist though. I'm just glad she didn't have anymore teeth that needed pulling.

Thanks for your kind words, Diana and Ang.
Nick is good now. Still talking funny b/c of the Novacaine, but ingood spirits.

I posted this on another thread and thought I'd go ahead and share this all with you. It's from our St. Martin day......

Well, you could either see that on the Magic, or do like we did in St. Martin just last week. Docked in St. Martin....all is well. Then next thing you know, the MSC Opera docks next to us. Our verandah is facing their ship. Now the MSC Opera people start coming onto their verandahs to see the docking....

and yes....several were butt naked.

many many came out in their undies.

and several were in such skimpy bathing suits they might as well have been naked.

:earseek:

TiggerInNY
01-17-2006, 04:29 PM
Y'all could call me stupid...but what is the MSC Opera? Is this a clothes-optional cruise?

Sorry fer the ingnorance...

Maria

dzneprincess
01-17-2006, 04:38 PM
Okay, that one isn't so great...try this one:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v444/justmestace/th_MeganAuditionPhotos001.jpg

Stace,
I was reading the thread with Nate on my lap (2) he say Megans pic and said thats mommy! LOL We do kind of resemble a bit, at least in black and white!

dzneprincess
01-17-2006, 04:42 PM
That's probably because my ship was pulling into port....
or so Sir Scuba would argue! :)

But hey, I must not be all bad.....We were at CC and the temps were high 70's and it was sunny. Water must have been warm enough b/c the kids were in all morning and never once complained. LOTS of ppl in the water having fun.
But I see on the main board the next day the temps were low 60's and they couldn't dock b/c of the wind.

(weird though....someone on our exact cruise said the water was COLD at CC....hmmm.....perception)

Sooooooooooooooo what your saying is this GA girl will be cold? How were the pools on board? Warm enough to swim or no? I am trying to pack now, we are leaving Friday and boarding on Sunday.

dzneprincess
01-17-2006, 04:44 PM

I STILL have not received a thing...not even for my upcoming cruise let alone this one....or the one in September....Geesh youd think out of 3 possible sailings I might have at least received one!

dzneprincess
01-17-2006, 04:45 PM

Oh...yeah, I pick up the mail today at the post office. Maybe it's in there waiting for me!double post sorry

dzneprincess
01-17-2006, 04:46 PM
Ok, I'm up to 1519! Must go get a start on the day. School has to restart today. And Nick has to have two baby teeth extracted per the orthodontists orders. I am SOOOOO not good at that sort of thing. I surely want to be there for Nick, but feel I need to leave the room otherwise I'll go down. Yes, I was a nurse (and an ICU one at that)! I can do whatever is needed on anyone elses' babies, but when someone has to do something to mine it's not good....not good at all.

Heres hoping all went well?

dzneprincess
01-17-2006, 04:49 PM
We had always heard that everything was pumped out at the various ports....food, grey water, etc.

The source of the "dumping overboard" info was the Chief Engineer of the ship....the guy who operates and supervises all of the systems (plumbing, A/C, reverse osmosis, desalination, etc etc).....so I think that HE would know what happens to everything.When you all say grey water......is that what I think it is??? Or is there really something called grey water?? LOL

itdjbw
01-17-2006, 04:56 PM
(sigh)
Our peds dentist is on a leave of absence. His son is having high powered chemo for a relapse.... he's not doing well. So some other guy is taking over the practice for now.

For one...they weren't clear on which teeth to pull. The ortho told me there were 3....the dentist was saying "one of those is already gone." HUH? Nick hasn't had a tooth come out since he first saw the ortho so that was confusing. I made double sure that at the very least they were pulling BABY teeth, not permanent teeth!

Secondly....when KT had to have a tooth pulled a few years back the regular guy automatically gave her nitrious oxide. Said no point in having kids anxious, b/c then they won't like the dentist ever again. It was safe, easy and calming for her and us.

I mentioned that to them today....giving Nick NO right from the start. They said "we don't do that at first, we see how they're doing and then we decide." I told them I'd rather he just have it (trying not to panic Nick in the process in case they wouldn't give it to him) and they said he's a "big guy, big trooper, strong boy..." they wanted to try it without....

So they start to give him Novacaine and he cries and grabs the dentist's arm.

MOMMA BEAR KICKS IN HERE.

So he got NO. But he was now freaked out and it was pretty stressful for him (he nearly broke my thumb squeezing it) The first syringe of Novacaine didn't touch him at all and when they checked to see he cried out and nearly jumped out of the chair, so they gave him another.

My intent was for him to have NO, and for me to step out of the room at actual tooth pulling time (don't want a mom going down) but after those incidents there was no way I'd leave him. I sat on the stool by his chair with my head on his chairs armrest so I couldn't see, but I could still hold his hands.

Poor little guy. :(

That sounds terrible, Tarryn needs to go to the orthodontist but now I am not so sure..........already dad does dentist and Dr appointments with them.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Y'all could call me stupid...but what is the MSC Opera? Is this a clothes-optional cruise?

Sorry fer the ingnorance...

Maria

Italian Cruise Ship. They run Caribbean cruises in the summertime. We talked to some ppl in St. Thomas (on the tram ride up and down) who were on it. They said it was nice but the food was not that good---very European. They said breakfast was the only meal of the day they enjoyed and they wished they could have breakfast 3 times a day!

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 04:58 PM
Sooooooooooooooo what your saying is this GA girl will be cold? How were the pools on board? Warm enough to swim or no? I am trying to pack now, we are leaving Friday and boarding on Sunday.

Honestly, I took my bathing suits but never once put them on. I'm not a water girl. And my idea of relaxing is NOT struggling to get a suit on! :)

The pool temps were between 84 and 86. Kids swam in the Mickey pool and Goofy pools without complaints of being cold at all.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:00 PM
When you all say grey water......is that what I think it is??? Or is there really something called grey water?? LOL

Grey water is what comes from sinks, showers, and tubs.

Black water is what comes from potties.

They do process the black water and then dump the liquid part. Solids are NOT dumped.

itdjbw
01-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Italian Cruise Ship. They run Caribbean cruises in the summertime. We talked to some ppl in St. Thomas (on the tram ride up and down) who were on it. They said it was nice but the food was not that good---very European. They said breakfast was the only meal of the day they enjoyed and they wished they could have breakfast 3 times a day!

You would think the food would be good, pasta and tirimasu etc

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
That sounds terrible, Tarryn needs to go to the orthodontist but now I am not so sure..........already dad does dentist and Dr appointments with them.

Well, the orthodontist wasn't the one doing it. THey referred back to his dentist.

Nick HAD to have this done. Not an option. His crowding is so terrible. He's losing teeth he shouldn't lose for 3 more years (one of his molars is actually tipped about 45 degrees front to back) Looks horrible.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Heres hoping all went well?

keep reading....

oops, 40 second rule got me and I didn't realize it. This window was hiding behind the others. So now it's out of order! ACK!

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:03 PM
You would think the food would be good, pasta and tirimasu etc

yeah, but what KIND of pasta? stuff with fish heads in it? BLECH! :)

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:04 PM

The bad mom side of me wishes I'd have taken him in a year ago. He had a palate expander when he was 5 and we've been watching his teeth come in not so straight and crammed. But I kept thinking in my mind "7 or 8 is too young to start braces!"

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:06 PM
bingo. got the kids set up with their own ING direct accounts!! :) Getting their money out of their lousy local bank account (which earned them less than $1 in interest last year) and into something better. (3.80% instead of 0.45%) Showed them on a financial calculator what their money could be doing for them and they are now excited about saving it!!! :) Allowance money can now be directly transferred from our account to theirs--which is nice b/c we never have cash!)

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:07 PM
talking to myself and i should be cooking dinner...

crepes again :) mike is on call. first call since we got back. i'm sure he's not lovin' it.

Scoopie
01-17-2006, 05:11 PM
I have arrived at Stacey's house...safe and sound. Had a lot of fun with the Tink family, Kevin, Diana and Alicia!!

We are going now to take the dog to the vet. I hope they don't see me, and give me a shot, I don't like shots.

Mrs. Ohiominnie, please tell Nick I am sorry he had to go to the dentist today and I hope he feels better!

WDWLVR
01-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Hey Scoopie! How you doing? While you are there maybe you can make Megan smile a bit. You have that effect on people! :)

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:49 PM
time for a TOP or am I off?

Right on! :)

itdjbw
01-17-2006, 05:54 PM
yeah, but what KIND of pasta? stuff with fish heads in it? BLECH! :)

Fish heads.........yucky, lobster, shrimp........ yummy :rotfl2:

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:54 PM
Mrs. Ohiominnie, please tell Nick I am sorry he had to go to the dentist today and I hope he feels better!

Thanks! Ya know, looking at your little picture....one of Nick's teeth looks just like you! It's still got the root attached and it's cone shaped....like you.

Ok, I'm also attempting to catch up some more, but have noticed a few things...
Stacey, not sure exactly what happened (haven't gotten there yet) but thoughts and prayers going out for Jay (and all of you really) in your loss.
Pam....not sure how or why, but looks like dh is in the hospital? Thoughts and prayers your way too. How scary.
Stacey ...again...sorry to hear about Megan's accident. Glad she wasn't more seriously hurt.
Am I missing anything? From my nursing days bad things would always happen in 3's, so we should be done for awhile. We were always glad once that third thing happened so we could breathe easy for awhile. :)

CajunGirl2
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Grey water is what comes from sinks, showers, and tubs.

Black water is what comes from potties.

They do process the black water and then dump the liquid part. Solids are NOT dumped.

Oh ... maybe that's why DCL can cruise in US waters. My understanding was that on the catamarans out of the BVI, we were dumping EVERYTHING! :eek: :crazy2:

Stacey, we went through a company called The Moorings.

Ang

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:55 PM
Fish heads.........yucky, lobster, shrimp........ yummy :rotfl2:

fish heads, fish heads, roly, poly fish heads.
fish heads, fish heads, eat them up.....yummm!

itdjbw
01-17-2006, 05:58 PM
bingo. got the kids set up with their own ING direct accounts!! :) Getting their money out of their lousy local bank account (which earned them less than $1 in interest last year) and into something better. (3.80% instead of 0.45%) Showed them on a financial calculator what their money could be doing for them and they are now excited about saving it!!! :) Allowance money can now be directly transferred from our account to theirs--which is nice b/c we never have cash!)

We are in the process of closing there bank accounts and putting both those in a credit union account so they can always have it, we want to take them and let them deposit there allowance so they can learn what it is about.
Last year I painted jars for them and wrote vacation and fun things on them and they saved there allowances to spend in AU in summer, we then gave them the equavilent in AU$$ and deposited the money here for them.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Ahhh YES, the cruise that "Keeps on Giving!" :rotfl2: Gotta love it! :hug:

We'd better get thinking about what the NEXT cruise will be. After all, think of the let down on June 3rd if there isn't a plan in place!

Tran-Atlantic anyone?

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Irene, do you know the release date for this movie? If it releases that week, we probably will. I don't think they show them early, though. Wouldn't that be fun to watch in the big theater?

I'll bet they don't have it. Doesn't it come out July 7th? I think it does b/c we made a comment once that it'll come out the day before KT's birthday. Might have to see it without the kids. They'll probably be at camp that week. I'm NOT going this year!!!

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
And a special message to Virgil: I don't see where you gloated (is that the word?!!) over your Sugar Bowl win!! Congratulations to the Mountaineers! They came out ready to win and it showed!! We were VERY impressed with your young quarterback; ah, heck - we were impressed with the whole team!! The better team won! :worship:

But the Buckeyes weren't even IN the Sugar Bowl....how could they have won??? :confused: :rotfl2:

itdjbw
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
We'd better get thinking about what the NEXT cruise will be. After all, think of the let down on June 3rd if there isn't a plan in place!

Tran-Atlantic anyone?

I've learnt that lesson....to always have something booked, we are doing 2 week Alaska in September, anyone interested, there are 15 of us already.

WDWLVR
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Too funny - I thought the same thing! Dr. Demento would be proud.

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
I've learnt that lesson....to always have something booked, we are doing 2 week Alaska in September, anyone interested, there are 15 of us already.

sorry, we are no longer allowed to cruise during OSU Football season. ;)

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:10 PM
Too funny - I thought the same thing! Dr. Demento would be proud.

That was one of my all time favorite songs. That and "Dead Puppies."

Of course we have the Dr. Demento CD's but many of them are a tad bit inappropriate for the kids! ;)

ohiominnie
01-17-2006, 06:11 PM
made it to page 1523. Slowly but surely. :)

kikipug
01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
YOU READ MY MIND!!!! AGAIN!!! Why is it that we 'Karen's' seem to think alike pretty often!!! (Especially when it comes to weird stuff...)

OMG.. what a day... meeting after meeting... and I'm sitting in my last meeting of the day and my phone rings... I answer it, (we hadn't quite started yet), and it's Elizabeth... bawling her eyes out... seems that there wasn't much progress from the AWFUL mid-term report to the EVEN MORE AWFUL report card!! She FAILED reading... how does a smart kid who generally LOVES to read FAIL READING!!!! I am so mad right now I could spit.

I have officially grounded her until mid-terms come out again, taken the phone out of her room, and am working on what else will happen... I'm just to disappointed to think clearly right now. She was supposed to go to MGM on Saturday with our church youth group... it's killing me not to let her go, but I've GOT to get through to her. She is a smart kid- she's just not doing the work, not turning it in, not studying, not paying attention... not... not... not... you get the picture. It has NOTHING to do with ability.

OK... I guess I'm done venting for now... Calgon, take me away!