PDA

View Full Version : Val & Dan's PJ- Wedding Canceled

Pages : [1] 2 3

IndyBride
02-23-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm so excited to start my planning journal that I can't wait until after my site meeting next month!

Dan proposed in January during a family vacation to Disney World in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle. I've always wanted to wed at Disney and seeing we live in Arizona DisneyLand is more appropriate for us.

I've always wanted a smaller wedding so our guest list of more than 50 is more than I had anticipated but I can't imagine cutting anyone at this moment.

We (and I mean my mother and I) don't have too much planning done. Just a lot of research, including extensive research of Planning Journals!

I am having four bridesmaids: my sister (MOH), my two best friends, and my Fiance's sister. So all I just finished the cards I made to ask my bridesmaids. I love to make cards so this was something I was very excited about doing. It was great to FINALLY get to do something. Seeing as we haven't really spoken to anyone at Disney it was great to do something in regards to the wedding.

I have pictures of the cards my mom and I made ( I love them!) but, how many posts do you have to have before you can post pictures?

Thanks for any help you can all offer!

Mama of Indybride
02-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Congratulations Indybride!!

shezfrombermuda
02-24-2008, 10:38 AM
Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing your DisneyLand plans!

I think you need to have 10 posts before you can post pictures.

tamijoy514
02-24-2008, 11:06 AM
You're getting married on my birthday!!! :)

Lynn5700
02-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Congratulations!!!!!That's great you live close to Disneyland. I love Arizon,you are so lucky :)

Can't wait to see your cards!! I bet your glad you can make your own.Will save you money when you have to get your invitations.

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 04:08 PM
You're getting married on my birthday!!! :)
I think you need to have 10 posts before you can post pictures.[/QUOTE]

I love birthdays! I have been at Disney for three of the last five! ::yes::

[QUOTE=shezfrombermuda;23407763]Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing your DisneyLand plans!

Thank you! I have enough! YAY!:cool1:

BrcsDisneyPrncs
02-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to hear all about your plans! :flower3:

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 04:21 PM
I have enought to post pictures! YAY!

Here is the outside of the Bridesmaid's cards...
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards019.jpg

Here is the inside: I know it's hard to see. I found some poems on the net and printed them on textured paper using Waltograph.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards018.jpg

And here is my mother and I working very hard on them! Took us about four hours to get them all done.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards017.jpg

I don't know if I'm up to making the invitations to the wedding. I guess it all comes down to budget issues. (doens't everything? :) )

AuroraBorealis
02-24-2008, 04:21 PM
Congratulations on your engagement!

I grew up near DL and have been there more times than I can remember. I love it there. I can't wait to hear all about your DL wedding plans!

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 04:27 PM

Thank you! Also, that is the most beautiful picture of my sweet little Indy Doggy!
:goodvibes

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 04:28 PM

Congratulations!!!!!That's great you live close to Disneyland. I love Arizon,you are so lucky :)

Can't wait to see your cards!! I bet your glad you can make your own.Will save you money when you have to get your invitations.

Thank you! Arizona's pretty good, I couldn't live anywhere colder but there is no way I could live anywhere warmer either!

momofbride010103
02-24-2008, 04:29 PM
mama of indy bride.....

ENJOY THIS TIME IT IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All the best to you and your daughter in the planning of what will be the happiest day of your life:cool1: :cool1:

Mama of Indybride
02-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Thank You!! We are both so excited and I am always crying!!!

Everytime I see something wonderful and fun on these boards, tears well up. I can't imagine what it will be like at the wedding, and I am not a big crier!!!

momofbride010103
02-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I am a teary kinda girl so I made Amanda play the song she was dancing with my husband to a bunch of times because the first time she played I balled like a baby. Did pretty good during that dance too.

She was married this past Friday and I gave up touching up my make up after the toasts. There were 4 toasts and they were all so special I was a mess.
My husband lost it on the Welcome speech when Amanda started crying and I was done for......

I hope you will do better than I did... Good luck!

Mama of Indybride
02-24-2008, 05:40 PM
Ruh Roh! I started crying reading about your crying!

Yiikes..do they Botox tear ducts?? I think I am in trouble!

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Thank You!! We are both so excited and I am always crying!!!

Everytime I see something wonderful and fun on these boards, tears well up. I can't imagine what it will be like at the wedding, and I am not a big crier!!!

Not a big crier??? :rotfl2: You have cried thinking about the song Storybook love from Princess Bride since the day I got engaged! (I bet you are crying right now!!!)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10720;24/st/20090514/e/Our+Disneyland++Wedding%21%21/dt/-2/k/ee37/event.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 06:48 PM
I finally decided (after changing my mind about five times! :rolleyes: ) on black, silver, and champagne for my colors. I know most spring/summer weddings have brighter colors but I feel like this will be elegant. And that is the type of wedding I want! Amazing and elegant!:cool1:

I am going to have my bridesmaids pick whatever dresses they want from a particular designer. I love Alfred Angelo BM dresses. So hopefully that's what we end up getting. (Did I say we? I meant they!)

I am having the ceremony at the Rose Court Garden. It's simply beautiful (and my only option right now!). I'm betting they will be in bloom in may and smell incredible. I won't have a flower girl so I'm thinking Mickey confetti would be fun instead of flowers down the aisle. But, I'll have to see if that is even doable. Dan was very disappointed when I put my foot down about where the ceremony would be. He LOVES the Grand! But the reception will be at the Grand. I thought it would be fun to walk through DTD from the Disneyland Hotel to the Grand Californian for the wedding party.

I'm having a cocktail hour and a plated dinner. Don't know much about that since I haven't been able to talk to someone at Disney about it. Just been drooling over everyone else's plans!:blush:

That's about all I have for certain right now. I'm already trying to rack my brain for a grooms gift. Probably because I just want to do SOMETHING!

Although I did (or I should say my mom) ordered my tiara. Hopefully that will be in soon. I feel like there is so much time before my wedding and I'll change my mind about everything a million times! But I know everyone says it goes fast!!!

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10720;24/st/20090514/e/Our+Disneyland++Wedding%21%21/dt/-2/k/ee37/event.png

IndyBride
02-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I forgot I promised Dan I'd ask if anyone knew anyone that had used Sandals resorts for a honeymoon? We were originally going to do an adventures by disney tour of Rome but, Sandals sounds great. By the beach just doing nothing. Perfect! Of course by the time I make a reservation I will have probably changed my mind about three more times! :scratchin

Mama of Indybride
02-24-2008, 09:33 PM
What sass! Although, sniffle, when I think of the words, Yes! It does choke me up!

Anybody else out there had Storybook Love at their reception. or a fan of The Princess Bride, the Best Movie Ever???

Aunt Nikki
02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
HI! You sound so excited...I'm excited for you! I agree with you on the comment of Mama of Indy Bride not being a big crier...didn't she say she put off watching Finding Nemo because seeing his "special fin" would make her cry....and she cried at the end of Cars! I can imagine what this is going to be like for her...we'll just have BOXES of kleenex under her seat...or maybe towels...that might work better.
The colors for the wedding will be gorgeous! Very classy! You're going to be the most beautiful bride ever!!!
Can't wait to see you on Saturday!!!:wave2:

Aunt Nikki
02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
The Bridesmaid cards are beautiful!!! It made me cry...and I'M NOT A BIG CRIER...
I noticed in one of your threads you didn't know if you were up to making the wedding invitations...but if you decide you do...I will be more than happy to help ...with anything you need! Love you!!

Mama of Indybride
02-25-2008, 09:28 PM
I forgot about the special fin. Now I am sad.

But Nemo overcomes all!

Only 14 months to go til another family celebration at the Grand!

Happy to see my favorite sis on the board!

Val's Tiara came in!

IndyBride
02-26-2008, 02:18 PM
I'm so excited you are on DisBoards!:dance3: I'm glad you like the cards. It was quite stressful making them!! Can't wait to see you on Saturday! I just realized this morning the last time was at Christmas. :eek:

IndyBride
02-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I forgot about the special fin. Now I am sad.

But Nemo overcomes all!

Only 14 months to go til another family celebration at the Grand!

Happy to see my favorite sis on the board!

Val's Tiara came in!

I cant' wait to see my tiara! :woohoo:Let's only hope you don't ruin the surprise and put it on Dan's head instead of mine!:laughing: Only joking!!

Aunt Nikki
02-26-2008, 07:08 PM
We're going to attempt to do a get-together more often...so it's not so far in between seeing everyone...and not only at holidays!!
I haven't even seen your ring yet!
You're going to look like a real Disney Princess now with your tiara!!! How fun!

Mama of Indybride
02-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Tune in tomorrow for a peek at Val's tiara! I threatened to put it on my Poppy Dog, but I think Val should wear it first!

Aunt Nikki
02-29-2008, 06:03 PM
How's the tiara look? Where's pictures?????:earboy2: :earsgirl:

IndyBride
03-01-2008, 12:43 AM
How's the tiara look? Where's pictures?????:earboy2: :earsgirl:

We forgot!! :sad2: Although I have come up with a fun idea for centerpeices. I was thinking ginger ale in glass containers with black and sliver jewels on the bottom. I'm hoping the ginger ale would look like champagne. First thought though so after we see some options by Disney I'll have to make a mock centerpeice to see if it looks okay.

keenercam
03-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Okay, now your family has me here all teary eyed. Val -- those bridesmaid cards are just gorgeous! You are SOOO going to have to make your invitations. You and your mom are too talented to entrust that to anyone else.

Oh, and I am a total SAP for Princess Bride. I just loaded "Storybook Love" to my ipod playlist Wednesday night and it is on the "PLEASE PLAY" list for our DJ. :love:

IndyBride
03-02-2008, 12:21 AM
Okay, now your family has me here all teary eyed. Val -- those bridesmaid cards are just gorgeous! You are SOOO going to have to make your invitations. You and your mom are too talented to entrust that to anyone else.

Oh, and I am a total SAP for Princess Bride. I just loaded "Storybook Love" to my ipod playlist Wednesday night and it is on the "PLEASE PLAY" list for our DJ. :love:

Princess Bride has been one of my favorite movies FOREVER! I actually found the book in England at Epcot in Walt Disney World. I got it for my cousin when we where there last month.:banana:

Thank you for the compiments on the cards. The cards were quite simple to make really. A lot of glue and paper.

Who actually sings Storybook love? It is a beautiful song but haven't been able to find it (I'll admit I didn't look very long) because I dont' know who sang it. Thanks for any help!

tinklynn
03-02-2008, 12:37 AM
Don't quote me, but I believe it's sung by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits..."Money for Nothing" "Sultans of Swing"

Take care, everything looks great!

keenercam
03-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Don't quote me, but I believe it's sung by Mark Knopfler of Dire Straits..."Money for Nothing" "Sultans of Swing"

You're right -- Mark Knopfler. I love how he sings it with so much emotion. :love:

Mama of Indybride
03-02-2008, 10:29 AM
Only one week and two days til "our" planning meeting!

We will be able to give some good info for all you DLR brides To Be out there!

I am singing my Indy Bride's song in my head right now!

RangerPooh
03-02-2008, 02:57 PM
I read that you are considering throwing Mickey confetti instead of rose petals, FTW might say no on this. It's a cute idea, but I would definately ask your SM next week. When we had our planning session with FTW (years ago now), you were responsible for cleaning up anything that you scattered that were NOT biodegradablem ie: rose petals.

BTW, the RCG is a wonderful location! That's where we had our ceremony. Our cocktail hour was in the Brisa Courtyard at the GCH, with the reception in the Trillium Room across the hall. We too walked through DTD in our wedding attire, it was nice having all eyes on us :goodvibes

Be sure to bring all of your ideas with you next week. Your floral manager might have some ideas to add to what you are already thinking about. So if you ahve a picture, she might be able to have some creative ideas to give you right on the spot based on previous experiences.

IndyBride
03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Here is are a couple pictures of my tiara. It was rather hard to get a really good picture.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/IMG_1273.jpg

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/IMG_1277_edited-1.jpg

We purchased it online (when I say we I mean mom! :hug: ) and got it in last week but I don't have much time to be online during the week. I've started thinking about how to do my hair. I think I want it down somehow.

IndyBride
03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I read that you are considering throwing Mickey confetti instead of rose petals, FTW might say no on this. It's a cute idea, but I would definately ask your SM next week. When we had our planning session with FTW (years ago now), you were responsible for cleaning up anything that you scattered that were NOT biodegradablem ie: rose petals.

BTW, the RCG is a wonderful location! That's where we had our ceremony. Our cocktail hour was in the Brisa Courtyard at the GCH, with the reception in the Trillium Room across the hall. We too walked through DTD in our wedding attire, it was nice having all eyes on us :goodvibes

Be sure to bring all of your ideas with you next week. Your floral manager might have some ideas to add to what you are already thinking about. So if you ahve a picture, she might be able to have some creative ideas to give you right on the spot based on previous experiences.

Thanks for all your advice. I have a feeling the confetti won't be an option. Especially if I have to be on my hands and knees picking up tiny pieces of confetti. :scared: I also saw a disney bride with an aisle runner saying happily ever after and that sounds nice too.

momofbride010103
03-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Very pretty tiara Val, definately princess worthy!!!!!:)

IndyBride
03-02-2008, 06:06 PM
:dance3: :dance3: :love: :love: :love: :dance3: :dance3:

Congratulations to my wonderful Aunt on her engagement!!!!!!

:cheer2: :cool1: :cheer2:

IndyBride
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM

You're right -- Mark Knopfler. I love how he sings it with so much emotion. :love:

Thanks for the help! At this point we may just have one song play over and over the whole reception! My mother would cry the whole time. :rotfl:

Lynn5700
03-02-2008, 11:55 PM
the tiara is gorgeous!!!!

twiu
03-03-2008, 09:27 PM
You're getting married on my birthday!!! Woo hoo!!! Love everything so far... can't wait to read more!

Keira1387
03-03-2008, 09:34 PM
LOVE the tiara!!!

keenercam
03-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Your tiara is gorgeous!

ampooh
03-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Congratulations! I love reading PJ's. Your tiara is very pretty. I loved the bridesmaid cards.

....and Congratulations to Aunt Nikki too..how sweet.

BelleBride2011
03-04-2008, 01:35 PM
its so great to actually see a DL bride on here! Although my own wedding is waaayyy far off in the future due to college, i love reading all the PJs and getting ideas... i figure it's better to plan ahead now than during my senior yr when ill b stressed to the max neway...

congratulations on ur upcoming wedding and i look forward to keeping up with ur PJ! ne info on DL weddings is much appreciated! princess:

Aunt Nikki
03-06-2008, 04:24 PM
Thank you, my wonderful niece!!!
:)
Can't wait to come over on Sunday and look at all the wedding stuff with you and Kris!

Love you!

IndyBride
03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
LOVE the tiara!!!

Your tiara is gorgeous!

Congratulations! I love reading PJ's. Your tiara is very pretty. I loved the bridesmaid cards.

....and Congratulations to Aunt Nikki too..how sweet.
Thanks to all!!! :goodvibes Ebay is such a great resource for stuff that can add up so quickly in the bridal shops!
its so great to actually see a DL bride on here! Although my own wedding is waaayyy far off in the future due to college, i love reading all the PJs and getting ideas... i figure it's better to plan ahead now than during my senior yr when ill b stressed to the max neway...

I will definatly post any information on my pj for DL brides. Congrats on your for a Disney wedding!!! :yay:

congratulations on ur upcoming wedding and i look forward to keeping up with ur PJ! ne info on DL weddings is much appreciated! princess:

IndyBride
03-07-2008, 12:12 PM
My family is very into the pin collecting. My fiace & I get them for each other to remember trips but don't do the trading or wearing it around the park. Instead of flowers for all the important family I just thought about giving them a pin to wear. What does everyone think about that? Would they want to wear them? I guess I'll have to see if I can find any pins. I think it would be a nice souvenior from the wedding for my family. (I don't think I spelled that right! Sorry mom!:rolleyes1 )

If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know! Thanks!

lov2b@disney
03-07-2008, 12:32 PM
My family is very into the pin collecting. My fiace & I get them for each other to remember trips but don't do the trading or wearing it around the park. Instead of flowers for all the important family I just thought about giving them a pin to wear. What does everyone think about that? Would they want to wear them? I guess I'll have to see if I can find any pins. I think it would be a nice souvenior from the wedding for my family. (I don't think I spelled that right! Sorry mom!:rolleyes1 )

If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know! Thanks!

Val- we did the pins for the boys and also put a 2008 pin in each welcome bag-so even those that dont "collect" have a small souvenier! i think if you family is into collecting they would love it! Maybe the year pin, a favorite ride, sports team there are tons of "themes". I got mine on ebay, there are tons of sites too!

Our characters in tuxedo's are DL pins!:cutie:

IndyBride
03-07-2008, 12:47 PM
Val- we did the pins for the boys and also put a 2008 pin in each welcome bag-so even those that dont "collect" have a small souvenier! i think if you family is into collecting they would love it! Maybe the year pin, a favorite ride, sports team there are tons of "themes". I got mine on ebay, there are tons of sites too!

Our characters in tuxedo's are DL pins!:cutie:

thanks for the info! Oddly enough I got the idea from YOUR pj! :rotfl: I'll have to start scouting ebay for good stuff.
thanks agian!

Mama of Indybride
03-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Thank you, my wonderful niece!!!
:)
Can't wait to come over on Sunday and look at all the wedding stuff with you and Kris!

Love you!

Congratulations to my beautiful sister who will be a Disney Bride at heart! I love you and can't wait until you are not a bride but a wife! ;)

IndyBride
03-09-2008, 07:29 PM
My mother and I are toying around with the idea of welcome bags. We got a prototype and started playing around with one this weekend. I think I found what I want it to look like.
Here is a picture of the welcome bag
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards056.jpg

Here is an upclose shot of the iron on
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards048.jpg

Here is my Aunt and I! The Brides-to-be!!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards046.jpg

Not sure what size we are going to do for the welcome bags. The bigger the bags the more you need in it!! ;) We are looking into mini personlized champagne bottles at the moment. We also found a website to make crosswords for them. My mom also wants to put some bath salts in them for people to relax with one day. Walking around those parks can be though on the feet for some.

dare_bear
03-10-2008, 03:29 PM
I love your tiara!

I must say, it's nice to see another Arizonan on here!

I'm not engaged yet, but my boyfriend and I are thinking of a Disneyland wedding! (Or at least I'm already planning all of it! :rotfl2: )

I'll definitely be lurking around here. I can't wait to see all of your plans!

Mama of Indybride
03-10-2008, 10:20 PM
I love your tiara!

I must say, it's nice to see another Arizonan on here!

I'm not engaged yet, but my boyfriend and I are thinking of a Disneyland wedding! (Or at least I'm already planning all of it! :rotfl2: )

I'll definitely be lurking around here. I can't wait to see all of your plans!

What part of AZ are you from? Always fun to meet another Disney Fan! They are the best people ever!

Going to the Site Visit tomorrow! Can't wait to share what we find out:woohoo:

BelleBride2011
03-10-2008, 10:49 PM
I am so excited to find out all about ur site visit! :cool1:

keep us posted... DL brides are so few

dare_bear
03-11-2008, 11:23 AM
What part of AZ are you from? Always fun to meet another Disney Fan! They are the best people ever!

Going to the Site Visit tomorrow! Can't wait to share what we find out:woohoo:

I live in good ol' Mesa, haha!

I hope the site visit goes well! I can't wait to hear what you guys find out!

Aunt Nikki
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Congratulations to my beautiful sister who will be a Disney Bride at heart! I love you and can't wait until you are not a bride but a wife! ;)

:hug: Thank you! I love you, too!!!!

I hope your site visit went well!! Can't wait to hear about it...sorry it didn't start off that great, but hopefully it only got better!

I had fun on Sunday! Can't wait till next time!:woohoo:

Bostonbride6292008
03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I love your bags! We are using plain white gift bags with a cute label on them with red and white tissue paper.

IndyBride
03-12-2008, 05:42 PM
:sad: WAH! So far I have not really seen any sites that I want to use for my reception site that I am allowed to use for my size guest. I will add more later and hopefully the coordinator will come through with something.

shezfrombermuda
03-12-2008, 07:36 PM
I like your welcome bag logo. Very cute!

cryssi
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
Thanks for all your advice. I have a feeling the confetti won't be an option. Especially if I have to be on my hands and knees picking up tiny pieces of confetti. :scared: I also saw a disney bride with an aisle runner saying happily ever after and that sounds nice too.

mine?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df31b3127cce96d2cae21d0c00000015108AZMmzNs4cOE

IndyBride
03-13-2008, 04:47 PM
mine?

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6df31b3127cce96d2cae21d0c00000015108AZMmzNs4cOE

Yes it is yours!! :goodvibes Where did you get yours from and how long was it? I saw some on david's bridal website and it could only be monogrammed.

Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Mama of Indybride
03-13-2008, 04:53 PM
I live in good ol' Mesa, haha!

I hope the site visit goes well! I can't wait to hear what you guys find out!

We live in Mesa too!! My Indy Bride lives just a mile away, we are around Power and Brown. Maybe a meeting sometime! What fun!

We are dragging ourselves home from our site visit now. My sweet princess is a little sad :sad2: with the lack of available reception locations for the "small" size of our group (Disney Planning Coordinator doesn't often do such "small" weddings".

We got some great ideas for decor, but am wondering if anybody has seen a formal plush Mickey? We didn't see one in the park...

cryssi
03-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Hmm, we ordered it through FTW. I mean, they ordered it for us and just tacked it on our bill. It is hand painted and was somewhere around $550 but mind you, this was 3 years ago... DH really wanted it, so we got it! :thumbsup2

Mama of Indybride
03-13-2008, 04:57 PM
Hmm, we ordered it through FTW. I mean, they ordered it for us and just tacked it on our bill. It is hand painted and was somewhere around $550 but mind you, this was 3 years ago... DH really wanted it, so we got it! :thumbsup2

:yay: Thanks Cryssi! We love it, and were very excited when we saw it on your site.

It looks like you got married at the RCG, where did you have your reception?

IndyBride
03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Well, I am sitting in the lobby at the Grand Californian and very sad to leave.:sad2: I met with the coordinator, Cynthia, on Wednesday and she made it pretty clear that they are not used to working with such a small party. :eek: Well, 56 people is not a small group in my opinion! So the options she showed me for a reception at the Grand Californian Hotel were basically kleenex boxes with a table in it.:scared:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/SiteMeetingTrip023.jpg
So, after talking to her for awhile my mom and I walked away and I was rather disappointed. We had a horrible experience getting to California (missed our flight & almost died in the shuttle getting to the hotel) so we decided to stay another day. On our way to our new room we passed an outside terrace that I thought was perfect!!!:cool1: So we ran to our room and I go on the phone with Dan to discuss an outside reception because we hadn't really discussed it. He said that if I liked it he was fine with it. My mother at the same time was on the phone with the hotel asking about group parties in that location.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/SiteMeetingTrip047.jpg[/IMG]
Well, she was sent to group sales and as soon as the word wedding was uttered they said she had to speak to the Fairytale weddings. So, she left a message with Cynthia who called me back and instantly said no. :confused: I asked why and she said it was too far from the kitchen the manager of that area said no more weddings. We quickly learned that was her favorite word. Or at least that's how it felt.
Later that night I e-mailed her and begged her to tell me of ANY other reception locations that she could think of. Obviously she showed me the sites she thought I would like and I liked none. I'm still waiting to hear back. :rolleyes1
Anyhow, I did decide that this would be a GREAT time of year to get married. The rides were all practically walk on.:thumbsup2 The weather was amazing as well. Wish me luck to convince my love to change it. He does not care for change.
However, if I did change the date the roses at the rose court garden would not be in bloom. What to do, what to do.

cryssi
03-13-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks! Our reception was in the sun plaza at DCA... :sunny:

However, we had about 120 guests...

cryssi
03-13-2008, 05:27 PM
Val, did she show you the Pavilion Room? Animation room at DCA? Those rooms have an 80 guest max, I think...

dare_bear
03-13-2008, 06:18 PM
We live in Mesa too!! My Indy Bride lives just a mile away, we are around Power and Brown. Maybe a meeting sometime! What fun!

We are dragging ourselves home from our site visit now. My sweet princess is a little sad :sad2: with the lack of available reception locations for the "small" size of our group (Disney Planning Coordinator doesn't often do such "small" weddings".

We got some great ideas for decor, but am wondering if anybody has seen a formal plush Mickey? We didn't see one in the park...

Wow, it really is a small world! I live around Lindsay and McKellips. I'm sorry to hear that your site visit wasn't as fabulous as you guys had hoped. The one place I was always looking at for the reception was the Pavillion Room. It's smaller but still seems pretty nice. But I can't wait to see what else you guys have planned! :)

IndyBride
03-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Val, did she show you the Pavilion Room? Animation room at DCA? Those rooms have an 80 guest max, I think...

I just read her response to my questions and she replied all areas that could host my event were shown to me. I guess there are occupancy requirements to get certain rooms. Since my guest list is so miniscule I have so few options. I need to stop being so negative though, I am getting married at Disneyland and that is a wonderful thing regardless of what room. That's what I have to keep telling myself anyway! :rotfl:

BelleBride2011
03-14-2008, 12:10 AM
do you know by ne chance what the minimum guest requirement is for the Animation building?

I'm sure you'll find a beautiful place for your reception... sending pixiedust: ur way!

Aunt Nikki
03-14-2008, 07:33 PM
I just read her response to my questions and she replied all areas that could host my event were shown to me. I guess there are occupancy requirements to get certain rooms. Since my guest list is so miniscule I have so few options. I need to stop being so negative though, I am getting married at Disneyland and that is a wonderful thing regardless of what room. That's what I have to keep telling myself anyway! :rotfl:

Everything will work out...you'll see! Maybe between now and then something will change...we'll keep our fingers crossed!!:flower:

Lynn5700
03-15-2008, 12:30 AM
I hope you can find something you love,sorry you were dissapointed,that stinks :(

Cryssi the runner is gorgeous!!! Did you ever post a TR on here??

Mama of Indybride
03-15-2008, 02:55 PM
do you know by ne chance what the minimum guest requirement is for the Animation building?

I'm sure you'll find a beautiful place for your reception... sending pixiedust: ur way!

The Pavilion had a minimum of 80, I believe the Animation Academy was either 80 or 150. There is also a rooftop venue at Paradise Pier but it is 150 person minimum.

It seemed like it was all either 80, 150, or puny. Like us.

:sad1:

But thank you all for your good thoughts and wishes. It will still be wonderful and we are so thankful to have you all to share it with!

BelleBride2011
03-16-2008, 12:56 AM
oh bummer... i love the animation building so much... its such a unique place for a reception.... but we're keeping the guest list to 40-50... sigh.. hopefully DL will change some things in the next couple of years! :goodvibes

IndyBride
03-16-2008, 01:15 AM
oh bummer... i love the animation building so much... its such a unique place for a reception.... but we're keeping the guest list to 40-50... sigh.. hopefully DL will change some things in the next couple of years! :goodvibes

For your sake I hope they do. :flower3: I think if they start doing more weddings they would have more options. But I guess they do less than 200 a year where WDW does over 3000 a year.

BelleBride2011
03-16-2008, 01:19 AM
3000?!?!?!?!:eek:

That is a lot of weddings... no wonder DL is so far behind with its weddings... well they have about 2 yrs to get it together for me! although im sure everything will b wonderful no matter what

it is disney after all :cutie:

RangerPooh
03-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Val,
We used the Trillium Room. Our group size was around 60 and we were able o use all 3 of the rooms. There is a nice window in the middle of the room and a back patio. It's also right across the hallway from the Brisa Courtyard which is the usual cocktail reception site. Here's a pic. I will see if I ahve anymore and post them in the main DLR Weddings sticky thread.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/firelookout13/GCHTrillium.jpg

tigger813
03-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Not a big crier??? :rotfl2: You have cried thinking about the song Storybook love from Princess Bride since the day I got engaged! (I bet you are crying right now!!!)

The couple who introduced DH and me had that as their first dance in 1996. We love that movie.

Enjoy the planning!

cryssi
03-17-2008, 10:54 AM
Will they let you have it anywhere you want if you meet the minimums? Like the food minimum is what, $150/pp for 100 people, right? So if your food is $15K, shouldn't they let you have it wherever you want? I always thought that you just had to meet the minimum price...although not having a large enough party was not our problem...lol!

Mama of Indybride
03-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Will they let you have it anywhere you want if you meet the minimums? Like the food minimum is what, $150/pp for 100 people, right? So if your food is $15K, shouldn't they let you have it wherever you want? I always thought that you just had to meet the minimum price...although not having a large enough party was not our problem...lol!

We've thought of that, that's for sure! I think they must have shifted their figures with the price hike, but if we are at 56 people, it doesn't make sense to pay for 80. I personally would pay for 60 or even 65, but at $ 150 pp each extra person means my princess goes from the dress of her dreams to the dress mama made in her basement. And I don't sew anymore. Poor Princess!!!

And as my princes pointed out when I said let's just throw money at them, we don't want to waste any food either. But I don't think what I consider money is considered real money to DLR :faint:

cryssi
03-20-2008, 12:01 AM
LOL

They don't charge you per person, though, I seem to recall. I thought that it was like, say your food minimum was $15,000. If you had 100 guests, and all the food/beverage added up to $150/person, you were good. If you had 50 guests, and you got a higher priced meal, pre-reception food, cake, beverages which all added up to $300/person, that worked, too. Likewise, if you had 150 guests and the food/beverage was only $100/person...any combo all adding up to the food minimum. Did that make sense? Maybe they changed things? It's confusing b/c they keep saying x dollars per person, when in reality it's just a large number that you have to meet. I don't know about smaller weddings. I always thought that you had to meet the food minimum regardless...as well as whatever other minimums they had...:confused3

I got married in '05, so I'm sure a lot of things have changed...

IndyBride
03-20-2008, 12:53 AM
I started to post earlier today and my computer must have gotten tired because it just froze!:badpc: I couldn't even turn it off! Anyway- we decided on the Wisteria room for the Rose Court Garden. Since I wasn't in love with any of my choices and Dan did have an opinion I went with what he thought was better.
We are going to use the RCG for the ceremony. There aren't any other options right now but it's beautiful and I can't wait.

All the rose bushes should be in bloom when we get married! :cloud9: This next one is a picture of the gazebo. I LOVE the chandelier they had.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/SiteMeetingTrip013.jpg

We also decided to move the wedding date up three weeks. The weather was so beautiful when my mom and I were there in March but I wanted the roses to be in bloom. So late April was the earliest we could go. I took some convincing but Dan understood the reasons. That's why I :love: him!!! So, we are just waiting for the paper work for now.

IndyBride
03-20-2008, 12:55 AM
LOL

They don't charge you per person, though, I seem to recall. I thought that it was like, say your food minimum was $15,000. If you had 100 guests, and all the food/beverage added up to $150/person, you were good. If you had 50 guests, and you got a higher priced meal, pre-reception food, cake, beverages which all added up to $300/person, that worked, too. Likewise, if you had 150 guests and the food/beverage was only $100/person...any combo all adding up to the food minimum. Did that make sense? Maybe they changed things? It's confusing b/c they keep saying x dollars per person, when in reality it's just a large number that you have to meet. I don't know about smaller weddings. I always thought that you had to meet the food minimum regardless...as well as whatever other minimums they had...:confused3

I got married in '05, so I'm sure a lot of things have changed...

For me we have a per person food and beverage minimun not a food and beverage total minimum. I don't know if it really changes anything other than how they break it down.:confused3

cryssi
03-20-2008, 11:05 AM
gotcha!

I love the RCG...it was the only place (other than the castle) that I would have picked (wasn't crazy about the GC b/c of all the brown...lol)...plus it's the only location (again, other than the castle) where you can have the coach, which was a must for me...lol. They can do so much with the RCG...I've seen several different setups!

Keira1387
03-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I love your ceremony location! The gazebo is beautiful!!!

shezfrombermuda
03-20-2008, 03:01 PM
The gazebo is beautiful! Love the chandelier too!

Mama of Indybride
03-21-2008, 10:51 PM
The gazebo is beautiful! Love the chandelier too!

The decorators were very excited about the chandelier, because not many DLR brides were using it. They were thrilled it was going to be in the photo shoot so that people would begin requesting it.

The best part was we each got to take a bouquet home with us from the shoot, because they were just for the pictures.

We got extra special attention when we were sitting in the cocktail lounge at the Grand later, with people coming up for a little sniff, but no free martini's, I am sorry to say!

Val will have to wear her bride ears next time we go!

Goldeelox9
03-23-2008, 06:31 AM
Wow! Love hearing about a Disneyland wedding!

My future inlaws live in Tucson! Love AZ!

IndyBride
03-24-2008, 04:33 PM
So I spoke (when I say spoke I mean e-mail) with Cynthia this morning and she said I should have the contract by Friday. :cool1: That means it's real! After the contract we will be assigned a wedding planner and we can book our planning session. Since Dan & I will both be in our LAST semester of college this fall we are going to do the planning session in late July. :) Cynthia said they like to wait to do the tasting session but more than likely we can do it sooner due to our situation.

On our last trip to Disneyland (last month) my mom got our wedding ears. I was going to put a hidden mickey on Dan's groom ears but- they don't fit!! His head is too big. :sad2: But, my bridal ears will have pink hidden mickeys on them. I decided to put hidden mickeys on the bridal ears to practice for the real veil. Although I'm starting to worry there will be too many hidden mickeys.

We are starting to plan an engagement party for the end of May. That means we really have to look at the guest list. :scared1: That's about it for now. Gotta get to work!

Mama of Indybride
03-24-2008, 09:28 PM
You can never have too many Hidden Mickeys!!

Aunt Nikki
03-31-2008, 08:47 PM
I think you should have two buns on the top of your head to resemble mickey ears for your wedding...that would be lovely.

IndyBride
04-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I think you should have two buns on the top of your head to resemble mickey ears for your wedding...that would be lovely.

I think that is such a special hair style that you should be honored. :rotfl: You'll have to start growing your hair out right now. But with the right top it would look fabulous!

IndyBride
04-01-2008, 12:52 AM
Wow! Love hearing about a Disneyland wedding!

My future inlaws live in Tucson! Love AZ!

Yes, us Disneyland Brides are a rare bunch!!! My younger sister is in Tucson right now. ;) She graduates from UofA in a month and a half! Very exciting for the whole family!

IndyBride
04-01-2008, 12:59 AM
I finally got my contract!!! :dance3: WOOHOO!!! I thought it would be more official and a lot thicker with more fine print. But, still plenty to read through. On a sadder note I almost lost one of my cats tonight. I was very careless and left our back door open and she snuck out. All of my cats (3) are indoors and since I live in an area populated with coyotes I am even more careful. Luckily Dan saved the day and was outside looking for her for a good 20 minutes! He found her and chased her back in the house. :banana:

Also I got the book Bridal Bargains due to LurkyLoo's suggestions. So I've spent quite a bit of time reading that lately. Not much to report. After the site meeting I was kind of weddinged out. But, I realize we need to get on it for the save the dates.

Mama of Indybride
04-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I finally got my contract!!! :dance3: WOOHOO!!! I thought it would be more official and a lot thicker with more fine print. But, still plenty to read through. On a sadder note I almost lost one of my cats tonight. I was very careless and left our back door open and she snuck out. All of my cats (3) are indoors and since I live in an area populated with coyotes I am even more careful. Luckily Dan saved the day and was outside looking for her for a good 20 minutes! He found her and chased her back in the house. :banana:

Also I got the book Bridal Bargains due to LurkyLoo's suggestions. So I've spent quite a bit of time reading that lately. Not much to report. After the site meeting I was kind of weddinged out. But, I realize we need to get on it for the save the dates.

Yikes!!! :scared1: Which one of my grand kittens almost got away?

IndyBride
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
Yikes!!! :scared1: Which one of my grand kittens almost got away?

It was my sweet Penny! :cat: He said the only reason he saw her was because of the eyes. She has the roundest, biggest eyes you'll ever see on a cat.

I can't beleive you leave for your trip in only 13 days! I have to start getting ready to move in! I've already spoken to everyone I know and there will be a large party most nights! :rotfl: J/k!

I am bringing over the contract, the book, and my disney weddings folder tonight so you can look everything over. YAY for disney weddings and not working! :banana:

IndyBride
04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
I absolutly fell in love with a dress that another Disney Bride had and am having a tough time finding it. It is aladin by cymbeline. I love love love this dress! If anyone knows a retailer that carries the dress I would love the info. So far, I have found like two sellers on e-bay that don't carry the design I want and the designers boutiques not in AZ. But, I am looking on line quite a bit. I think I'll start a new thread as well just in case someone in the know doesn't read this thread.

thanks for any help anyone can give me!

IndyBride
04-06-2008, 09:24 PM
So, I finally got somethings in regards to the wedding done. First of all the contract is on it's way back to Disney. Or it will be tomorrow! YAY! :cool1: Yet another step closer. Second, I got the first newsletter for the BM done today. My mom and Aunt helped me by proof reading! Thanks everyone! When we were on my site meeting trip we saw a plush minnie bride in one of the shops on Main Street. My mom and I thought having a minnie bride and a mickey groom at the top of the gazebo with some tulle would look nice. And a nice way to cut floral costs! ;) So while waiting in the lobby to get on the shuttle home she looked online and found a set on ebay for $30. She just got them last week and I finally took a picture of them. We have to be very careful that her sweet doggy doesn't find them because they will be history!
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/WeddingStuffApril2009002.jpg

Also, since the save the dates are going out we made the save the date magnets. Originally we were going to order some from an online retailer but decided to try it out on our own first. They turned out great and cost 1/2 as much! :banana: Here is a picture of the magnets. I haven't cut them out yet because I forgot my scrapbooking stuff but will do that next weekend. We printed 6 to a page.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/WeddingStuffApril2009004.jpg

I don't have a picture of the newsletters as they are still in my computer. My mom is going to have them printed up at work so they look nicer. Next week I think we are going to get a newsletter for the guests done. All of this won't seem quite as overwhelming when I am not going to school! Less than a month left! WOOHOO! party: Until next semester anyway.

Lynn5700
04-06-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm going to get the minnie and mickey plush! They are adorable. Your save the date's look great :)

Mama of Indybride
04-08-2008, 07:26 PM
They were over half off on EBay, but I only saw the one posting. I think at World of Disney they were $ 35 each, I bought the pair for $ 30.00 plus shipping.

Where were you going to have them for your wedding? These guys are going to be traveling, making an appearance at the engagement party next month, in the wedding gazebo for the Ceremony, and transferred to the sweetheart table for the reception.

Then safely tucked away for our next Disney Wedding!

dawrobin
04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I love the wedding Minnie and Mickey! DF and I have traditional Minnie and Mickey on our bed with the pillows and if our DS (our pug Sumo) sees them he tries to bite their face off!

The STD look AWESOME!!

IndyBride
04-10-2008, 12:09 AM
I love the wedding Minnie and Mickey! DF and I have traditional Minnie and Mickey on our bed with the pillows and if our DS (our pug Sumo) sees them he tries to bite their face off!

The STD look AWESOME!!

They are at my mom's house in her closet right now. Anytime we take them out one of her dogs look at them with a sparkle in her eyes. I know she is imagining what she would do to them if we left them unattended! :rotfl:

IndyBride
04-10-2008, 10:29 PM
Got the newsletters printed out and ready to mail. These are just the one's for the Bridemaids. I'm working on the one for the guests right now. It has some basic information about their dress, my dress, our engagement party, a Bridal Expo I will be attending and other stuff. I'm going to mail them out tomorrow along with the save the date magnets for them. Everyone else will get their when I send out the guest newsletters. I also made some personalized address labels for everyone. :moped:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/weddingstuff001.jpg

I am also going to include the invitations to the engagement party for those that live locally. I think we are going to get the invitations done this weekend.

DisneyFairy19
04-11-2008, 07:52 AM
They look great:goodvibes :goodvibes

prettyprincessbelle
04-15-2008, 07:42 PM
Wow, I'm getting SO excited reading your PJ! YAY!

You have given me so many ideas for my wedding (whenever that is).

Thanks for keeping us posted too!

IndyBride
04-15-2008, 07:48 PM
They look great:goodvibes :goodvibes

Thank you! I'm very lucky in that my mother works for a company that does professional printing so we get it all done very quickly. And all the newsletters look a million times better done on professional equipment!

IndyBride
04-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Wow, I'm getting SO excited reading your PJ! YAY!

You have given me so many ideas for my wedding (whenever that is).

Thanks for keeping us posted too!

I'm gald I'm helping someone! I feel like I come on these boards and borrow ideas from everyone else! ;)

IndyBride
04-15-2008, 07:59 PM
I got the newsletters done for all the guests. I'm going to mail them out this week. I'll post a picture soon but they are at my mom's house right now. I haven't even seen them yet! We also got the engagement party invites done. I'm going to just stick these in the invites in with the newsletters for local guests. I found a picture of fireworks that look like a hidden mickey that I used for the engagement invites. I loved them! I still haven't gotten any new information from Disney about anything! I know it's only been a week but I would like things instantly!!! :) I can't beleive I'm already at a year out!! I know it's still a while but the last four months have gone unbeleivably fast!! I can't imagine how fast the next year is going to go!

IndyBride
04-15-2008, 08:01 PM
Oh- one more thing, prettyprincessbelle, I was born in Oxnard Ca! I don't know anything about other than that. But I noticed it and wanted to say something!

RangerPooh
04-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Val, you did a nice job on the invites and newsletter.

IndyBride
04-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Okay here are some pictures. I will be spending the next few days stuffing envelopes full of: newsletters, save the date magnets, engagement party invites (for local guests) and a guide to Disneyland map we got during our site meeting. I am thrilled with how everything has turned out! This is just basic info for our guests because many of them have not been to Disneyland before.
Here is the whole shebang that is being mailed out.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/weddingstuff005-1.jpg

Here is a copy of the engagement party invite.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/weddingstuff003.jpg

And finally here is a copy of the newsletter for our guests.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/weddingstuff004.jpg

I can't wait for everyone to see them. I think it will start to build the excitement for those that aren't as thrilled with Disney as I am! Hopefully! :cutie:

BelleBride2011
04-16-2008, 05:27 PM
wow the newsletters look wonderful! I'm totally gonna file this idea away....

Keira1387
04-16-2008, 07:54 PM
The newsletter came out really good! I love the firework picture that looks like mickey ears! Too cute!

Lynn5700
04-16-2008, 07:56 PM
They look fabulous!!!! Great job :)

RangerPooh
04-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Awesome job! The crossword puzzle is unique and very cleaver :cheer2:

DisneyFairy19
04-17-2008, 08:01 AM
very cuteI :lovestruc the crossword puzzle

IndyBride
04-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Val, you did a nice job on the invites and newsletter.

wow the newsletters look wonderful! I'm totally gonna file this idea away....

The newsletter came out really good! I love the firework picture that looks like mickey ears! Too cute!

They look fabulous!!!! Great job :)
Thanks everyone! I used Microsoft Publisher to create the newsletter but I really think the reason they turned out so well was because of the professional equipment.
Awesome job! The crossword puzzle is unique and very cleaver :cheer2:

very cuteI :lovestruc the crossword puzzle

My mom found a website to create your own crossword. I hope people actually try. Although some of the questions might be hard unless you love disney. What is Sleeping Beauty's given name? My DF definatly didn't get that one!:rotfl:

IndyBride
04-18-2008, 12:31 AM
I looked at my ticker and it says 12 months!!! I can't beleive it! When I got engaged in January I thought I was going to be engaged forever! It's amazing how fast. I know everyone says it goes fast (I get told that at least once a day!) but I didn't realize HOW fast.

disneychickforever
04-19-2008, 03:48 PM
Hey Val! I just found your PJ and it looks like it'll be a great time :) Congrats to you and Dan!

Just so you know though, the link in your siggy doesn't work to well....

http://www.http.com//www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1732691 is where it goes to....

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1732691 should be the right link....

I can't wait to read more about your wedding!

prettyprincessbelle
04-20-2008, 08:42 PM
Oh- one more thing, prettyprincessbelle, I was born in Oxnard Ca! I don't know anything about other than that. But I noticed it and wanted to say something!

Yay! Oxnard!!! Did you grow up in Oxnard too?!

Mama of Indybride
04-21-2008, 11:36 PM

Val's Mama lived in Oxnard for about 12 years I guess.

I went to Oxnard High and Hueneme High...back in the day of the covered wagons!! :rotfl2:

IndyBride
04-22-2008, 04:04 PM

No, I moved before I was three. But, it's not an easy name to forget so even though I don't remember actually living there I still get excited when I see it!

IndyBride
04-22-2008, 04:14 PM
I decided to go with Something Blue Stylists to get me pretty for my big day. Her name is Andrea and has worked for a company that has done MANY Disneyland weddings so I was so excited to find someone that had experience at Disney at a more reasonable price. I can't beleive how much money some people charge to put make up on you! Also what impressed me about her is she got back to me within an hour of receiving my e-mail on a Saturday. And within 10 minutes of a second e-mail asking a question. So any Disneyland Brides out there that were considering Hair Comes the Bride check out Andrea's website!

I am going to book a trial for July when I will be in California and I'll post some pics when that happens. Other than that not much else. I hate thinking about my to-do list becuase it seems to get longer and longer.

Oh, we are going to a local bridal show this Sunday. My mother, grandmother, Aunt, cousin, and two of my BM are going. Hopefully it will be fun even though we aren't going to have a local wedding. Oh, and one more thing. A co-worker of mine got me the contact info for a photographer who is trying to build his portofolio. He is offering free sessions to us and will give us a Cd with all the digital images. So I'm going to contact him about engagment photo's. It's all free so the worst thing that can happen is the pictures don't look great!

Aunt Nikki
04-23-2008, 02:26 PM
:woohoo: Exactly one year and counting!!!

Let me know about this photographer you found and if he's willing to do another free session...I'd like for Robert and I to get some pictures done but $$$ is tight right now...:confused3

IndyBride
04-26-2008, 02:40 PM
:woohoo: Exactly one year and counting!!!

Let me know about this photographer you found and if he's willing to do another free session...I'd like for Robert and I to get some pictures done but $$$ is tight right now...:confused3

I know!! One year! It's super exciting!! I haven't been able to get a hold of him but when I do I will ask if it's okay to pass his info.

Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Take a camera with you, we can try on dresses!! YAY!! :banana:

IndyBride
04-27-2008, 08:56 PM
So I went to the Bridal Expo they had in Glendale, AZ today. I wasn't expecting much since I am having an out of town wedding. That was kinda nice in fact. Anytime someone asked me anything I said "Oh- I'm getting married in Cali.". They all had the same reaction- oh how nice. I find that I tend to downplay the fact that I'm getting married at Disneyland because I am stuck answering 100 questions to people that I don't really care about. So, it was a long drive on our way to Glendale (anyone who lives in AZ knows it's a long drive from Mesa to Glendale!) and I felt like I was 1/2 way to Disneyland when we finally got there! The first thing we saw was a sample sale for a local bridal shop. So we went in just to look. There was a rule to only try on 3 dresses at a time. So I found two that I really liked and then tried on a third because everone else wanted me to. It was a little bigger than I liked and gold. I did not want a gold dress for myself. It looked more prom dress than anything else. So I tried on the first one and loved it. Then I put on the second one and one of my bridesmaids said, I think you are going to like this one better. When I saw it I almost cried. it was so beautiful. And it fit so well! It was lacey just like I wanted and sparkly but subtle. Believe me when I tell you it looks better on me than on the model. And, I knew. I didn't beleive it could happen but it did. And I love it. I thought about it for 45 minutes or so and then walked right back over to get it. I can't wait to put it on again. My favorite part is the pattern of the lace. For some reason, Photobucket is not working right.

http://www.casablancabridal.com/Products/Detail.asp?View=F&ModelNo=1847&Cat=Best%20Seller&SubCat=

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/mybeautifuldress.jpg

Mama of Indybride
04-27-2008, 09:21 PM
It was more champagne than gold. I guess you can tell who wanted her to try it on!

But she is absolutely stunning in her beautiful wedding dress, and we can't wait to see her walk down the aisle, in less than a year!!

Whoo Whoo!!!:hourglass

Keira1387
04-27-2008, 09:26 PM
Your dress is beautiful!!! I love the train and the lace on the back!!! Very elegant!

Mumofthebride
04-28-2008, 07:54 AM
Beautiful dress

Kim

29apr00
04-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Beautiful dress!!!

keenercam
04-28-2008, 08:41 AM
That dress is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on finding "the one" - I was skeptical, too, about whether I'd have a moment of just knowing, and what an amazing moment that is. Now you have the pleasure of anticipating wearing it on your big day! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

Lynn5700
04-28-2008, 09:34 AM
LOVE the dress!! I'm a lace girl so I absolutely love it!!!

pink_tink8i8
04-28-2008, 10:47 AM
gorgeous dress!

Goldeelox9
04-28-2008, 11:26 AM
YOur Dress is so SOO pretty. Can't wait to see YOU in it!

IndyBride
04-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Your dress is beautiful!!! I love the train and the lace on the back!!! Very elegant!

Beautiful dress

Kim

Beautiful dress!!!

That dress is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on finding "the one" - I was skeptical, too, about whether I'd have a moment of just knowing, and what an amazing moment that is. Now you have the pleasure of anticipating wearing it on your big day! :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

LOVE the dress!! I'm a lace girl so I absolutely love it!!!

gorgeous dress!

YOur Dress is so SOO pretty. Can't wait to see YOU in it!

Thanks everyone!:goodvibes I can't wait to wear it again!! I look at the picture all the time!! Thank you again for the compliments! Oddly enough now I am super excited to get some shoes to wear with it!

camara381
04-29-2008, 10:40 AM
The dress is gorgeous!!!! love the lace.

DisneyBrideToni
04-29-2008, 10:46 AM
Your dress is so elegant!!! I love it! What a great choice. You will look fabulous in it! :thumbsup2

snow_white725
05-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks! Our reception was in the sun plaza at DCA... :sunny:

However, we had about 120 guests...

Do you have a wedding journal? I would love to read it - especially with a DCA reception!! :goodvibes

snow_white725
05-01-2008, 12:15 PM
Also, since the save the dates are going out we made the save the date magnets. Originally we were going to order some from an online retailer but decided to try it out on our own first. They turned out great and cost 1/2 as much! :banana: Here is a picture of the magnets. I haven't cut them out yet because I forgot my scrapbooking stuff but will do that next weekend. We printed 6 to a page.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/WeddingStuffApril2009004.jpg

I don't have a picture of the newsletters as they are still in my computer. My mom is going to have them printed up at work so they look nicer. Next week I think we are going to get a newsletter for the guests done. All of this won't seem quite as overwhelming when I am not going to school! Less than a month left! WOOHOO! party: Until next semester anyway.

Okay, so this a dumb question coming from the not-so-savy computer person here...but where is everyone getting the Disney font from?? I want it!! :yay:

spacerangerqueen
05-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Okay, so this a dumb question coming from the not-so-savy computer person here...but where is everyone getting the Disney font from?? I want it!! :yay:

Here's a good site for it http://mickeyavenue.com/fonts/waltograph/
if you poke around there they have all kinds of Disney related fonts too.

keenercam
05-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I can so relate on the dress thing. THe picture of mine is now my desktop wallpaper. I just have to be careful if DH visits me here, since he wants to be totally surprised. Then again, it looks so differnt on the model he wouldn't recognize it on our VR day, anyway!

Be sure to let us know how your shoe shopping goes! I am supposed to have mine when I go to order the gown but haven't had time to look around yet. Have fun!

IndyBride
05-01-2008, 12:55 PM

I think I just googled free disney fonts and got it pretty easily. I also google free disney clip art a lot for all the cute pics!

IndyBride
05-01-2008, 12:59 PM
The dress is gorgeous!!!! love the lace.

Thank you! The lace is my favorite part! After I tried it on I thought about it before buying it and decided I'm not going to find the lace pattern again and that's my favorite part!

Your dress is so elegant!!! I love it! What a great choice. You will look fabulous in it! :thumbsup2

Thank you! Beleive me it was heart breaking for my mother and grandma that I didn't get a huge princessy poufy gown!

I can so relate on the dress thing. THe picture of mine is now my desktop wallpaper. I just have to be careful if DH visits me here, since he wants to be totally surprised. Then again, it looks so differnt on the model he wouldn't recognize it on our VR day, anyway!

Be sure to let us know how your shoe shopping goes! I am supposed to have mine when I go to order the gown but haven't had time to look around yet. Have fun!

I wish I could have it as my wallpaper! But, I'm on my lap top all the time so he would surely get a glance! I don't know why every dress looks worse on the models! Probably because they are too thin and usually have ugly looks on their faces! :laughing:

IndyBride
05-01-2008, 01:03 PM
YAY!!!!! :banana: Every step that happens gets me so excited!! I'm going to wait to look at the DVD's until I can do it with my Fiance and my Mom. But looking at all the stuff was really fun! We are planning on going down to Disneyland (or I guess up since we are south of Cali!) in July for the planning session and I can't wait! I feel like since I already got my dress the biggest decisions are done. Although, I'm starting to think about invitations. I almost just want to do the BM cards again because I loved them so much. But- been there, done that. I guess. :confused3

snow_white725
05-01-2008, 02:50 PM

I think I just googled free disney fonts and got it pretty easily. I also google free disney clip art a lot for all the cute pics!

Thanks so much I really appreciate it! I will check these these out tonight. I just feel a little anxious downloading free stuff off the internet :eek: but I will try mickeyavenue first and then resort to google. If I have any trouble I might bug you all again. :goodvibes

pink_tink8i8
05-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I'm soooo looking forward to reading the rest of your pj! There doesn't seem to be too many disneyland brides making pjs.

Aunt Nikki
05-02-2008, 11:14 AM
Although, I'm starting to think about invitations. I almost just want to do the BM cards again because I loved them so much. But- been there, done that. I guess. :confused3

I think if you wanted to do the design of the Bridesmaid cards again that would look great...Even though people who have looked at your PJ has seen them...only 4 people actually received a real one...:flower3:

IndyBride
05-02-2008, 02:02 PM
I think if you wanted to do the design of the Bridesmaid cards again that would look great...Even though people who have looked at your PJ has seen them...only 4 people actually received a real one...:flower3:

I'm already thinking of ways to use similiar components. Maybe put the castle stamp in the background and vellum over it with all the wording on the vellum. I'll have to see if it'll show up properly. The invitations will be better the the BM cards I've decided. :rolleyes: Hopefully. I just don't know how. I saw one disbride with a picture of the Boardwalk on her invitation and I really liked it.

dislovr
05-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Just thought i'd check in! I love your dress and all your newsletters, STD's, cards ect. You are so crafty. I love doing crafts when its for other people but I am afraid of trying anything for my own wedding. If it dosn't come out perfect I might freak and the last thing I need is more stress. I'm really excited to read about all your plans!

Beep
05-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow, what an absolutely stunning dress! I'm not a lacey kinda girl but that dress is gorgeous.

Can I ask how you are making the STD magnets? Is it just printed on card and then stuck on a magnet? I've been looking at these but can't find a design I like so would like to make my own.

Thanks for your help - oh, and I'm loving your pj!

IndyBride
05-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Wow, what an absolutely stunning dress! I'm not a lacey kinda girl but that dress is gorgeous.

Can I ask how you are making the STD magnets? Is it just printed on card and then stuck on a magnet? I've been looking at these but can't find a design I like so would like to make my own.

Thanks for your help - oh, and I'm loving your pj!

We just got magnetic sheets from an office supply store. Using an address label program we made the actual labels and printed it directly onto the magnetic sheet. The magnetic sheets were the same size as a regular peice of paper. It was very easy to do. We used the best quality printing our home printer could use. Just make sure to do some practice ones with the template. To cut them I used one of those sliding paper cutters. But, I think it dulled the blade because it doesn't cut paper very well! I can't remember if we used publisher or word. Probably publisher because it's much easier. Good luck and I hope that helps!

PS- thanks for the compliments on my dress! I'm thrilled with it!

IndyBride
05-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Just thought i'd check in! I love your dress and all your newsletters, STD's, cards ect. You are so crafty. I love doing crafts when its for other people but I am afraid of trying anything for my own wedding. If it dosn't come out perfect I might freak and the last thing I need is more stress. I'm really excited to read about all your plans!

I completely understand about the stress factor. I want everything perfect so it makes every process a little longer. I second-third- and fourth guess myself and ask everyone's opinion! And, as soon as something is done I think of how I could have done it better. :rotfl:

IndyBride
05-06-2008, 12:46 AM
I'm soooo looking forward to reading the rest of your pj! There doesn't seem to be too many disneyland brides making pjs.

Thank you! I can't seem to figure out why so few Disneyland Brides make PJ's either. :goodvibes

IndyBride
05-07-2008, 02:07 PM
I just got of the phone with my event manager and scheduled the planning session!! :cool1: WOOHOO! Well, we were able to schedule the appointment for the planning session and I'm super excited!! I had also mentioned to her that we would be unable to go back to California before the wedding and she is trying to schedule the tasting session. Disneyland likes to the the tasting session within 2 months of the wedding. I was told it's so the same chef that prepares your tasting meal makes your wedding meal. Makes sense to me but inconvenient. So it sounds like we will be able to move it up many months!

Also, I am trying to fit in all my vendor interviews. We are only there for three days and it seems like we won't have much time in the park. :sad1: I have two photographers, one DJ service, my hair and make up trial, and at least one officiant. AGH! Oh- also a florist because I am not getting the bouquets through Disney to save some money. I think.

As long as I get to have one meal at the Carnation Cafe. That's my only goal. Besides all the other stuff like deciding on vendors. :laughing:

I also just made an appointment so my fabulous sister (MOH) can try one some BM dresses. Once she picks hers I'll start poking around at the other girls for making appointments. It seems early but I'd like to have an idea before the planning session. I can't wait!

BelleBride2011
05-07-2008, 05:30 PM
How exciting to have your planning session all set up!... it must make the wedding feel that much closer...

i was wondering about reception sites at disneyland and, since u r the token disneyland bride right now it seems, i was hoping u could answer some questions for me?

i am definitely interested in the animation building in DCA and was wondering if it was possible to have a reception there without having a ceremony in the park? i know ive read that the minimum for a ceremony and reception in DCA is $35,000, but does that apply if only the reception is held in the park? and do you know which locations are available if our guest number is on the small side? like between 40-50?

thank you so much... reading your PJ has been sooooo helpful!

IndyBride
05-07-2008, 06:34 PM
I do know that the animation building is available for use. However I can't remember what the minimum is. Luckily you have a while and I know someone on the Disneyland FAQ- no wait it was Carrie! She said they are looking into making in park weddings less expensive or with packages or something. I'm guessing that if you have the reception in the park your minimum will be the same regardless of where the ceremony takes place. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to have a ceremony else where. By the time you get married you'll actually have choices! Right now there is no choice: RCG.

Unfortunatly since my DF was dead set on it being at the Grand Californian I didn't really get too much info on an in park reception. I hope some of that helps.

You have to promise to make a PJ when the time comes! We need to give Disneyland Brides more info because it's been said many times here there just aren't many.

BelleBride2011
05-07-2008, 06:49 PM
oh believe me... the minute my DBF makes it official i will b starting my PJ!... im just surprised by the lack of disneyland weddings... and i wish i could have a WDW wedding but it just doesnt make sense since my entire family lives about 2 hrs. away from disneyland!... thanks for the info though... and i will keep my internet eyes open for more info to post to help us future disneyland brides out...

PixyDusted
05-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm getting all caught up on your PJ! Love the dress, the invitations your mom and you made were great and I love the STDs! DF and I were at Disneyland together last year in May for the Pirates 3 premiere. It was a lot of fun. (He got to go to the actual premiere, I did not but that's another story!) So I roamed the Grand Californian while he did that....it's beautiful!

And I love your dress! I've never seen a beaded pattern like that on any dress so I love that it's so unique. Can't wait to see you in it!

Mama of Indybride
05-09-2008, 09:10 PM
I'm getting all caught up on your PJ! Love the dress, the invitations your mom and you made were great and I love the STDs! DF and I were at Disneyland together last year in May for the Pirates 3 premiere. It was a lot of fun. (He got to go to the actual premiere, I did not but that's another story!) So I roamed the Grand Californian while he did that....it's beautiful!

And I love your dress! I've never seen a beaded pattern like that on any dress so I love that it's so unique. Can't wait to see you in it!

:yay: :yay: :yay: WE WERE THERE FOR THE OPENING OF PIRATES 3!!

I tried to be very crafty and sneaky like and looked at the calendar every day and called and got rates on every different day in May thinking I would be able to pin the premiere date down so we could be there for the premiere, but got it off by a week. So we were there for the day Pirates 3 hit the theaters...And managed to watch the entire movie without one single potty break! :rolleyes1

IndyBride
05-10-2008, 12:05 AM

I tried to be very crafty and sneaky like and looked at the calendar every day and called and got rates on every different day in May thinking I would be able to pin the premiere date down so we could be there for the premiere, but got it off by a week. So we were there for the day Pirates 3 hit the theaters...And managed to watch the entire movie without one single potty break! :rolleyes1

I knew we were there around that time. I thought it was later though, like a week or two. I decided it was better because I didn't want the park to be closed for us. And, I didn't need all the ruckus of the celebrities.

IndyBride
05-10-2008, 12:07 AM

Thank you! So far I am really happy with how all my crafts have turned out. I've started tinkering around with invites... Not going so well.

I love my dress! I do I do I really do! :lovestruc But, I still haven't heard when it will be ready for me to wear again. :sad2: I stare at the picture everyday.

I didn't even realize we are getting married so close! That makes me so excited! When I first started this PJ I felt like the only Bride that was getting married in 2009.

Jessbell34
05-10-2008, 09:24 PM
I love your PJ! Great plans so far. You are a very devoted disboarder! Your PJ will be massive by the time your wedding rolls around. I am so jealous. Great reports! :)

PixyDusted
05-14-2008, 02:26 PM

Well I can't say you missed too much. It was fun to see the theater set up and stuff but it was definitely BUSY on Main Street that day to say the least. I didn't camp out from the time it opened at all but around 4pm we parked ourselves on Main Street where we could. It was fun to be around the Hoopla. I can't say I'd do it again but it was fun. I only knew when the premiere date was b/c my fiance was flying out there for work specifically for the premiere. But everytime I called to get info on our Paradise Pier reservation they played dumb. I was like, "Look buddy - I know it's the premiere, you know it - let's call a spade a spade!" LOL.

Val - I'm excited we're 2009 brides too! More people seem to be popping up around here that are getting married next year!

IndyBride
05-14-2008, 02:49 PM
I love your PJ! Great plans so far. You are a very devoted disboarder! Your PJ will be massive by the time your wedding rolls around. I am so jealous. Great reports! :)

Thank you for taking the time to read it! I had a lot of time between my classes so I spend quite a bit of time on here killing that time!

IndyBride
05-14-2008, 03:14 PM
This is the cake I want only I am going to change the colors (hopefully) to match my own. Although, I don't know if Disneyland can do this cake so I'm going to have to check with Cynthia.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/cakepic.jpg

I went to David's Bridal with my sister this past weekend and she tried on a few dresses. Although, I was disappointed that they didn't have many of the dresses in her size. I thought that's what DB was all about. She's very tiny and so they were all just hanging on her. But she thinks this is the one she wants only in black. The girls are each picking their own but will have the same length and color.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/goosesdress.jpg

I am waiting to hear from Cynthia about the welcome dessert party. I am hoping to have it at the terrace that I originally wanted for the reception. She is checking with the manager of that area to see if we would be able to. Crossing my fingers! :)

I'm just getting pictures and stuff for my planning session.

Mama of Indybride
05-14-2008, 08:11 PM
:goodvibes The more I look at your new plans the more I love them.

Val will tell you that her mama had a Princess wedding stuck in her mind with a big poufy princess dress, and crystal slippers everywhere, and the castle cake, and everything princessy.

Then as Val got farther into her planning, her playful side started coming out, and now it is not princessy, but funcessy.

I of course had to pout to not have my, I mean, HER, princess wedding, but it is going to be so much fun, and so much more Val, that I can't wait!

Planning session here we come!!!! :woohoo:

After her awesome engagement party!

IndyBride
05-18-2008, 12:28 AM
So I just e-mailed my wedding planner the dinner we are going to taste at the planning session. It's not for a couple months but she said she needed it early.

Salad: Insalta Caprese with tomatos, fresh mozzarella and basil chiffonade

Entree: EITHER Filet Mignon and Butter Poached Lobster Tail (we are all very excited for this!) OR Roasted Meyer Lemon Chicken and Braised Short Ribs (we wanted a second choice for those don't eat seafood. I'm just pulling a wild card with the short ribs though. We'll see how they work out)

Dessert: Tahitian Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee with berries. ( I was dead set on getting individual fondues for everyone but had a creme brulee just today. Heaven, absolute heaven!)

The cake flavors: golden vanilla, pound cake, and marble cake

Fillings: vanilla custard with fresh strawberries, tiramisu, and fruit mousse. Has anyone tried fruit mousse? I'm mostly tasting it out of curiousity.

BTW- I almost lost my PJ!! I couldn't find it and had to use the search function. I was so sad because I thought I lost all the wonderful comments everyone has left on my PJ.

RangerPooh
05-18-2008, 10:39 AM
Val I love your cake! I know that they can do the mad hatter cake, but am not sure about the hats on top. I know that they stoped doing the large mouse ear domes as they had to fly them in from FL, but these might be different in structure. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do the fondent cutouts as they seem simple.

tlhbdm
05-18-2008, 06:05 PM
Indybride- I love all of your plans, everything looks fantastic so far. Also I wanted to add that I lived in Mesa from 1998-1999 and my dad curently lives there right now. I was just there back in April and I love going down there. Can't wait to read more about your plans.

Mama of Indybride
05-18-2008, 06:09 PM
Indybride- I love all of your plans, everything looks fantastic so far. Also I wanted to add that I lived in Mesa from 1998-1999 and my dad curently lives there right now. I was just there back in April and I love going down there. Can't wait to read more about your plans.

What fun! What does your Dad do down here? You'll have to let us know if you come down, maybe mini Disbride (and mama) meet!! ;)

Take Care!! ;)

tlhbdm
05-18-2008, 06:18 PM
What fun! What does your Dad do down here? You'll have to let us know if you come down, maybe mini Disbride (and mama) meet!! ;)

Take Care!! ;)

He owns his own recruiting firm (head hunter). A mini-meet would be fun.

IndyBride
05-18-2008, 09:38 PM
Val I love your cake! I know that they can do the mad hatter cake, but am not sure about the hats on top. I know that they stoped doing the large mouse ear domes as they had to fly them in from FL, but these might be different in structure. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to do the fondent cutouts as they seem simple.

Thank you! I'd be okay with out the hats on top. I could get a different cake topper. I didn't realize the ididn't do the large mouse ear domes. Like the ones on the cake with all the little mickey heads in gold or silver foil? I can't remember the name. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. So far they have been very accomadating with me. The roasted chicken is not something they normally offer but I requested one. Also, I want to thank you for all your help in my wedding process. Having someone who has been there and can answer questions is invaluable!

IndyBride
05-18-2008, 09:40 PM

Thank you for taking the time to read my plans! I agree with my mom- we'll have to plan a dismeet next time you are in town! ;)

Keira1387
05-18-2008, 10:00 PM
Your menu sounds amazing!!

keenercam
05-19-2008, 09:49 AM
Your menu sounds delicious!! Your guests will be so indulged! :grouphug: That cake is so fun, Val! All of your plans are coming together so beautifully!

camara381
05-19-2008, 10:34 AM
I love the cake I think it will look fantastic, did you find out if they can do it?

the PS menu sounds delicious!!! I am so hungry now. Oh and I love your siggy pic you guys look so cute together

cryssi
05-19-2008, 12:11 PM

yeah, we were supposed to have the white chocolate ears on our cake, but the arrived broken, so we got a fondant/gumpaste replica instead...at least they didn't charge us for the ears...

shezfrombermuda
05-20-2008, 06:21 AM
Your menu sounds so good! Love the mad hatter cake!

IndyBride
05-20-2008, 12:55 PM
Your menu sounds amazing!!

We are very excited for the menu. Of course this is where DF had any interest in the weddng besides being there. :lmao:

Your menu sounds delicious!! Your guests will be so indulged! :grouphug: That cake is so fun, Val! All of your plans are coming together so beautifully!

I hope they feel it is a great party and worth the trek across states! Thank you!

I love the cake I think it will look fantastic, did you find out if they can do it?
the PS menu sounds delicious!!! I am so hungry now. Oh and I love your siggy pic you guys look so cute together

I haven't asked yet. I think I'm afraid about starting from scratch if they can't do it. Thank you- that's a pic of us waiting in line at Matterhorn in DL. On the wrong side though so it was the slower ride.

yeah, we were supposed to have the white chocolate ears on our cake, but the arrived broken, so we got a fondant/gumpaste replica instead...at least they didn't charge us for the ears...

At least they were able to take fix it somehow. I wonder if they still do the white chocolate castle topper since that has to be shipped too? You know, you'd think they would take the time to source these things locally instead of relying on Florida. :confused3

Your menu sounds so good! Love the mad hatter cake!

Thank you! Can't wait to eat it!

lov2b@disney
05-20-2008, 01:04 PM
YUM! Meal sounds good!:goodvibes We are using the same cake! Different colors though!

sungela
05-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Oooh, pound cake sounds yummy! I love your new siggy, btw.

IndyBride
05-20-2008, 10:26 PM
YUM! Meal sounds good!:goodvibes We are using the same cake! Different colors though!

You must have been the person I got the pic from! I couldn't remember who I "borrowed" it from. That's why I love this place! :goodvibes

Oooh, pound cake sounds yummy! I love your new siggy, btw.

I was kinda worried that pound cake might be too heavy. But, I love it! Thank you!!

Crown_princess
05-24-2008, 08:20 PM
Well, I am sitting in the lobby at the Grand Californian and very sad to leave.:sad2: I met with the coordinator, Cynthia, on Wednesday and she made it pretty clear that they are not used to working with such a small party. :eek: Well, 56 people is not a small group in my opinion! So the options she showed me for a reception at the Grand Californian Hotel were basically kleenex boxes with a table in it.:scared:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/SiteMeetingTrip023.jpg
So, after talking to her for awhile my mom and I walked away and I was rather disappointed. We had a horrible experience getting to California (missed our flight & almost died in the shuttle getting to the hotel) so we decided to stay another day. On our way to our new room we passed an outside terrace that I thought was perfect!!!:cool1: So we ran to our room and I go on the phone with Dan to discuss an outside reception because we hadn't really discussed it. He said that if I liked it he was fine with it. My mother at the same time was on the phone with the hotel asking about group parties in that location.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/SiteMeetingTrip047.jpg[/IMG]
Well, she was sent to group sales and as soon as the word wedding was uttered they said she had to speak to the Fairytale weddings. So, she left a message with Cynthia who called me back and instantly said no. :confused: I asked why and she said it was too far from the kitchen the manager of that area said no more weddings. We quickly learned that was her favorite word. Or at least that's how it felt.
Later that night I e-mailed her and begged her to tell me of ANY other reception locations that she could think of. Obviously she showed me the sites she thought I would like and I liked none. I'm still waiting to hear back. :rolleyes1
Anyhow, I did decide that this would be a GREAT time of year to get married. The rides were all practically walk on.:thumbsup2 The weather was amazing as well. Wish me luck to convince my love to change it. He does not care for change.
However, if I did change the date the roses at the rose court garden would not be in bloom. What to do, what to do.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a difficult time. I'm just catching up on your journal and will keep reading to see if it worked out! I love the invitations you made of your bridesmaids, your tiara, and your welcome bags. I'd like to know how you did your welcome bags.. will keep reading!!:goodvibes

Crown_princess
05-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Okay here are some pictures. I will be spending the next few days stuffing envelopes full of: newsletters, save the date magnets, engagement party invites (for local guests) and a guide to Disneyland map we got during our site meeting. I am thrilled with how everything has turned out! This is just basic info for our guests because many of them have not been to Disneyland before.
Here is the whole shebang that is being mailed out.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/weddingstuff005-1.jpg

Here is a copy of the engagement party invite.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/weddingstuff003.jpg

And finally here is a copy of the newsletter for our guests.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/weddingstuff004.jpg

I can't wait for everyone to see them. I think it will start to build the excitement for those that aren't as thrilled with Disney as I am! Hopefully! :cutie:

Hey! How did you get that font for your newsletters?? :worship:

Crown_princess
05-24-2008, 08:29 PM

haha....sorry I asked the same question... got the answer . Thanks!!

Lynn5700
05-24-2008, 09:11 PM
LOVE your cake...the menu sound great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jennifaerie
05-25-2008, 12:25 PM
I love the cake! I can't wait to see it once the changes are made (it seems too long off!).

I also love all write-ups, the pamphlets and the like that you made. I always want to do those things, and they look great in theory! But my actual end result is never what I want it to be! ;)

IndyBride
05-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm sorry to hear you had such a difficult time. I'm just catching up on your journal and will keep reading to see if it worked out! I love the invitations you made of your bridesmaids, your tiara, and your welcome bags. I'd like to know how you did your welcome bags.. will keep reading!!:goodvibes

Everything is turning out great! I'm trying to get my dessert welcome party at the terrace but if not- it's not the end of the world. I think when I first started planning I didn't realize how few options Disneyland Brides have. Now that I know I'm working within them and am not letting myself get disappointed. In the end I'm getting married and that's what matters most to me! :cutie:

LOVE your cake...the menu sound great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you! We can't wait for our planning/tasting session in two months. :goodvibes

I love the cake! I can't wait to see it once the changes are made (it seems too long off!).

I also love all write-ups, the pamphlets and the like that you made. I always want to do those things, and they look great in theory! But my actual end result is never what I want it to be! ;)

You know it's all very easy. I do everything is Microsoft Publisher which is very easy to use. Plus, I really enjoy doing it all so that makes it easier! ;)

IndyBride
05-27-2008, 09:04 PM
My engagement part was the sunday before memorial day and it was so much fun!! It kinda snuck up on me though. We started planning it at the begining of April but I was pretty distracted with school and finals. Then, as soon as I finished my finals I started getting really excited about my sister's graduation from UofA. Then, right after that it was the e-party! :bitelip: So, this month was really exciting for me. The day before my mom, step dad and I went to the clubhouse we were having it at to wipe down all the chairs (they have been outside since January!) and move table around. We had invited 25 people and most of them were planning on coming. So we had 5 big tables for sitting and three for food! Oh my goodness the food! My mom made white bean crostinis and eggplant crostinis, my Aunt made a potato salad the is to die for. We also had crackers with cheese and meats and crackers with mozzerella, basil and proscuitto which are great but now I realize I didn't eat one! :worried: That makes me sad!! We ordered some pasta, some boneless short ribs, and sliders (yum!) from the restaurant I work at. I had one of my BM make a bunch of desserts for us because she loves baking. She made some cookies, brownies (didn't have any but heard they were a hit) & a couple cakes. Now onto the party...

The food was great! I was wearing a fabulous dress that I was so excited for. My mom had gotten my Fiance and I some pins that said Bride to be and Groom to be. That was fun! Also- That morning my mom had given me a shirt she made for me. It said Disney Bride on it. She got it for me to wear at the planning session. It is a super cute shirt and I can't wait to wear it. She also got on for my sister but didn't find a design she liked well enough yet.

So, back to my story... Lots of food, we ended up only inviting those that were invited to the wedding after all. But everyone got along really well. Of course people broke up naturally so I was doing "the rounds" and trying to spend time with each group. Although, I'm sure no one really noticed if I was there or not. Everyone was having fun. My mom got a few games: barrell of monkeys, connect four, and Disney Scene it for everyone to play. There was a pool but- we had freakish weather the few days prior. It was maybe 70 degree highs so the pool was too cold. I'm not complaining! Usually it is over 100 degrees this time of year. I think there was always someone playing ping-pong!

Overall the party was so fantastic! I'm so greatful so many people came to celebrate with us! The only down part was my Grandma wasn't having much fun. She started asking some of our guests to start clean up. That upset me because in my mind the party wasn't done and I didn't want my guests to clean up. I wanted them to enjoy themselves. Well, shortly after she asked a couple guests take down the tables everyone left. :( The family stayed and kept the party going but we eventually got "the hint" cleaned up and left. It was a great party but the ending put a sour tasted in people's mouth. Hopefully we can forget that.

Dan & I both got home that day and talked about what a great time we had. :cloud9: Overall, it was such a fantastic day I couldn't be happier with it. However, I do need to get started on the thank you cards! And drinking the wine that people brought over for us!! :woohoo:

Lynn5700
05-27-2008, 09:41 PM
Aww sounds like you guys had a great time Val!!! Can't wait to see the pictures :)

IndyBride
05-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Aww sounds like you guys had a great time Val!!! Can't wait to see the pictures :)

We did have a great time! Lots of dancing too! I forgot to mention that. :dancer: Haven't we all wanted to use that smilie??

IndyBride
05-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Not many but a few! This first one is the only pic I have with me in it. I know Dan's mother got one pic of the two of us but I haven't been able to open the e-mail. I am putting the ketchup and mustard out for the sliders.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/ketchupandmustardeparty.jpg

Here is all the good fun Dan had playing barrel of monkeys. I heard he did really good and got a long chain going.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/morebarrelofmonkeys.jpg

Finally, here is the dessert table picture. I didn't try either cake but I heard they were both really good. I can't beleive I passed up dessert but the food was too good!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/e-partydessert.jpg

Here is a picture of all of us playing Disney Scene it. Well all of us but Dan (he was in a food coma) and my grandma (she was napping as well). Who naps at parties is my question!!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/disneysceneite-party.jpg

Hopefully I'll get another picture or two. My camera was full of pictures & I didn't really have time to go throught and delete them all. These are all courtesy of my mom.

Mocharilla
05-30-2008, 05:01 PM
Just read through everything. Looks great! :thumbsup2

I love your dress! If we do end up getting to do Disney like we want, I want something simple and non-poofy like that. Elegant and beautiful, but not crazy! Although I do love the big princessy dresses. I wore those to every school dance back in HS! :rotfl2:

Mama of Indybride
05-30-2008, 07:51 PM
Poofy Rocks!

But my beautiful baby girl looks STUNNING in her dress, and I will probably BAWL like a baaabbby when she is walking down the aisle.

At least then I wouldn't be singing along to her processional song!

(In my mind it would be the theme song from The Princess Brice, one I have been yammering about for months and months and months, and the name escapes me right this second. No doubt due to the long work week and my delicious martini sitting within hands reach! Fairytale Story? BTW I can't sing, but I could try!)

She says No Way!! :confused3

Mocharilla
05-30-2008, 08:22 PM
Poofy Rocks!

But my beautiful baby girl looks STUNNING in her dress, and I will probably BAWL like a baaabbby when she is walking down the aisle.

(In my mind it would be the theme song from The Princess Brice, one I have been yammering about for months and months and months, and the name escapes me right this second. No doubt due to the long work week and my delicious martini sitting within hands reach! Fairytale Story? BTW I can't sing, but I could try!)

I'm excited to see the pictures of her in it!

Storybook Love?

scottish/canadian
05-30-2008, 09:58 PM
Then as Val got farther into her planning, her playful side started coming out, and now it is not princessy, but funcessy.

Val, finally had time to read your PJ. You seem well on your way. I love your mom's word, funcessy, I think that ended up being our theme...but I had the big dress!

IndyBride
05-31-2008, 01:34 AM
Just read through everything. Looks great! :thumbsup2

I love your dress! If we do end up getting to do Disney like we want, I want something simple and non-poofy like that. Elegant and beautiful, but not crazy! Although I do love the big princessy dresses. I wore those to every school dance back in HS! :rotfl2:

Thank you! I like looking at the poofy dresses! But they are just not me. And it breaks my Mom's heart! I hope you get your Disney wedding! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :thumbsup2

Poofy Rocks!

What kind of martini is that you are drinking??? I'm a little jealous! ;)

I'm excited to see the pictures of her in it!

Storybook Love?

Yes, it is Storybook Love. Princess Bride is my favorite movie! I've heard the book is better though. So I gotta read that. :bitelip:

Val, finally had time to read your PJ. You seem well on your way. I love your mom's word, funcessy, I think that ended up being our theme...but I had the big dress!

Thank you for taking the time to read! Fun is definatly what I want!!! :banana:

IndyBride
06-02-2008, 01:08 PM
So, I've been thinking about what type of jewlry I want to wear. My dress is pretty sparkly, there are sequins all over so I don't want anything to compete with the dress. I saw a bracelet a while back that I told DF to get me for Christmas that I want to wear. I know it's very early to start asking for Christmas presents but I had it on my mind so I HAD to tell him. :rotfl: Plus I love Christmas more than I love Disney! Anyway here is a pic of the bracelet I want.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/braclet.jpg

It has a matching necklace but I don't like the necklace. It is a pendant pearl and doesn't do it for me. I found a pic of a necklace I like on theknot. So, I went to the website and there were a lot of pretty necklaces. Some of them too expensive for one necklace in my opinion though!!! I don't know if I'm going to go with one of these but probably something like it.

Here's Number 1:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/jewelry1-B.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/jewelry1.gif

You can change the color of the pendent. There are a ton of colors you can choose from!

Number 2:
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/jewlry2-A.jpg

Both of them wear the same way. But the second one is over $200!!! :scared1: So I think I'm going to keep my eyes out. Those are the type I'm leaning towards. Since I have a strapless dress I don't want anything TOO plunging down the neckline. But, I'm also thinking about not doing a necklace. Just the bracelet. Too much! This is too much!! I'm sure DF thinks I'm going to wear every peice of jewelry he's ever given me.

I'm starting to rack my brain for ideas of centerpeices. I think I really like candleabras for centerpeices but I don't really want a puff ball of flowers up there. Some votives on the table and maybe some strings of black gems. Or some black gems on the tables.

I did find out that they can do my Mickey Mad Hatter cake however she did say that I would have to find the cake toppers on my own. Which kinda sucks. I guess I'll have to look at toys or something. Maybe some stuffed animal has a mickey cap.

I still haven't heard whether I can have my dessert welcome party on the terrace I wanted. :( That makes me nervous that I won't be able to. So, I'm going to start getting excited about the Dessert Party being somewhere else. I think the only other place at the Grand Californian would be the Brisa courtyard which is where the pre-reception is. I don't really want my guests to see it set up the day before the event because I have a feeling it would look similiar. So I was thinking about the outside terrace at the Dinseyland Hotel. I can't remember the name but it is near a waterfall. However- that is right near the RCG where the ceremony takes place. :confused3 I'm very confused now. The RCG wouldn't be all set up at least. Here's a pic of the view from the terrace at the Disneyland Hotel.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/SiteMeetingTrip018.jpg

It's really pretty but the room inside is weird with a pillar in the middle of it. I wonder if I could just use the patio. I'm sure everyone could fit on it. I'm pretty sure I'll make that my back up location. If that's possible! OHHH! It's so frustrating not knowing what I can and can't do! I feel like I'm walking on egg shells with Disneyland. I don't want to bother them too much because I don't want to be annoying and them not help me as much as they can but I HATE not knowing all the time. Hopefully as we get closer communication gets a little better. My wedding planner is very busy so I can't readily get a hold of her. She is very nice and has been extremely accomadating. Just busy.

bestla
06-02-2008, 02:24 PM
you're such a DIYer! that's awesome! I love your welcome package/newsletter stuff! Totally makes me wish I was having a bigger wedding so I could make fun stuff too... :)

cryssi
06-02-2008, 03:24 PM
val, the hats can be made out of gumpaste, if you're so inclined to do that sort of thing! :thumbsup2

IndyBride
06-03-2008, 01:08 AM
val, the hats can be made out of gumpaste, if you're so inclined to do that sort of thing! :thumbsup2

I had a feeling that's what they were made out of. Crafting with scissors and glue is easy. Crafting with food??? Terrifying!! :rotfl:

IndyBride
06-03-2008, 01:11 AM
you're such a DIYer! that's awesome! I love your welcome package/newsletter stuff! Totally makes me wish I was having a bigger wedding so I could make fun stuff too... :)

Thank you!!!! You should totally do some! The less you have to do easier it is. And, everyone LOVED the newsletters. So many people told me how excited it got them for the wedding. That's the biggest reason I did it all. To build excitement. Like sneak previews for movies. :lmao:

PrincessBelle23
06-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Val, I just caught up with your TR - your dress is lovely & the food sounds delicious! You're very crafty, I love the welcome bags & newsletter idea - especially the opening paragraph about why you chose Disney. I hope it works to excite those you worry won't enjoy Disney as much! I may have to borrow that in the future for the non-disney-obsessors like myself :goodvibes

DisneyVeteran
06-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Congratulations - sounds like you are planning a true fairy tale wedding!

camara381
06-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Everything looks wonderful!!!! Love the newsletters!!!! I really like the first necklace better.

IndyBride
06-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Val, I just caught up with your TR - your dress is lovely & the food sounds delicious! You're very crafty, I love the welcome bags & newsletter idea - especially the opening paragraph about why you chose Disney. I hope it works to excite those you worry won't enjoy Disney as much! I may have to borrow that in the future for the non-disney-obsessors like myself :goodvibes

Oh it definantly got people excited for the wedding! Of course people also started asking me when the next one was coming! :rotfl: I hadn't figured on that!

Congratulations - sounds like you are planning a true fairy tale wedding!

Thank you! I can't wait until the big day but I also don't know what I'll do with myself when the planning is over. I now wonder what I did with myself before planning started! :hyper:

Everything looks wonderful!!!! Love the newsletters!!!! I really like the first necklace better.

Thank you! I think I like the first one better too! Perhaps I'll order it so I can try it on with my dress. Whenever that comes in.

IndyBride
06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
First off I would like to apoligize for my spelling errors! My mother is hyper-aware of spelling errors in my PJ and points out every one of them! :rotfl2: It has to do with her sales woman career- that sort of thing matters. Not here on the Dis though! However, it would be nice if there were some sort of spell check on here.

I just ordered a sample of the scroll invitations that Crown Princess introduced me too! (Thanks by the way!) I can't wait for it to come in. I had wanted to do my own invitations but I haven't been able to come up with something that I like. I'm going to keep tinkering though. I didn't realize the scroll invitations were made in India or somewhere though until the website told me the final price was 215 rupees! :lmao: I was like WHAT?????? It made me a little afraid to order a sample, I'm not going to lie! Then they wanted me to do some weird thing with my debit card that I had never been asked to do. I'll post a pic of it when it comes in.

We got a fabulous engagement present from DF's Dad & Stepmom. They got us a grill which DF is over the moon about! We've had a countertop plug in thing that we use all the time but he feels the food tastes better on a real grill. I'm happy because he feels he is more knowledgable about grill cooking than me so I don't have to cook as often! :cool1:

kingLouiethe1
06-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Hey Val,

I just read through your journal (the whole thing, instead of working) and its great to see all you've done!

I'm having a Disneyland wedding one month and a day after you! I'm totally excited and I just started my journal over in the lgbt section, maybe we'll compare notes :goodvibes

IndyBride
06-12-2008, 12:34 AM
Hey Val,

I just read through your journal (the whole thing, instead of working) and its great to see all you've done!

I'm having a Disneyland one month and a day after you! I'm totally excited and I just started my journal over in the lgbt section, maybe we'll compare notes :goodvibes

OMG!!!!!!!! Another Disneyland Wedding on these boards! We have to be best friends now! :rotfl2: I can't wait to read your PJ. I'm off to do just that!

DansBride2009
06-13-2008, 04:31 PM
our grooms have the same name !! dans are wonderful men, aren't they ?!?! i have just started reading your pj but i had to post that lol. :-) i'll just add comments to this post as i read your journal to save space. :-)

DansBride2009
06-13-2008, 05:20 PM
I have enought to post pictures! YAY!

Here is the outside of the Bridesmaid's cards...
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards019.jpg

Here is the inside: I know it's hard to see. I found some poems on the net and printed them on textured paper using Waltograph.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards018.jpg

And here is my mother and I working very hard on them! Took us about four hours to get them all done.
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/MaidCards017.jpg

I don't know if I'm up to making the invitations to the wedding. I guess it all comes down to budget issues. (doens't everything? :) )

your invitations are beautiful ! i can't believe you and your mom made them !! you guys have talent in your family.

IndyBride
06-14-2008, 12:31 AM
our grooms have the same name !! dans are wonderful men, aren't they ?!?! i have just started reading your pj but i had to post that lol. :-) i'll just add comments to this post as i read your journal to save space. :-)

I know! Isn't that fun? I always think it's me when I see your user name. :lmao: Thank you for your compliments on the cards we made. I still love them!

IndyBride
06-15-2008, 05:17 PM
So not too much going on here. I did hear back from Cynthia about my dessert pary. She said I wouldn't be able to see the fireworks from that location. :( She did say however, that I would be able to use the spot for a site fee and a $50 ++ pp charge. I want to find out what sort of desserts that will be but I'm sort of leaning away from the dessert party. :worried: It would be different if there were some event going on. I read that they are looking to start some sort of water show in DCA and I might look into that IF it's happenig. I don't know when they plan to begin doing it but it doesn't sound like they are offering private areas to watch it. I just think for that money we can host a brunch the next morning or something. My mom of course thinks we will just save the money if we don't do a DP but I feel differently! ;)

I had decided to get my BM a 3 day park hopper for their gifts. I figured they can upgrade if they need to but since I don't know how long everyone is staying 3 day's would be safe. I made some gift certificates for them today since I didn't want them buying them early. Here's a pic. I'm not sure if I'm done yet. I might add a bit more but I'm not sure. It took me three trips to Michaels and I had to do one of them twice! So I might just leave them as it!

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/3dayparkhoppergc011.jpg

Also, FMIL has found a great place we might use for the rehearsal dinner. It's beautiful! I'm going to go check it out when we are there for the PS. They offer free limo service to and from hotels so we don't have to worry about transportation. Also, it's only a couple minutes away. My mom wasn't too thrilled because it's off property.:snooty: I think it's beautiful though! Here's the link.http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/

I also got a few flowers from Michaels to try with my hair. :flower3: I'm not sure how to fix it so it'll stay in my hair. I got a pack of the combs they use for veils and a pack of alligaotr clips. The flowers are pretty big though and it might not work. I'll have to work on it. I've started looking at veils. I can't decide which style to get or the lenght or anything. I think I'm going to go with an ivory veil to match the dress.

kingLouiethe1
06-15-2008, 06:30 PM
Also, FMIL has found a great place we might use for the rehearsal dinner. It's beautiful! I'm going to go check it out when we are there for the PS. They offer free limo service to and from hotels so we don't have to worry about transportation. Also, it's only a couple minutes away. My mom wasn't too thrilled because it's off property.:snooty: I think it's beautiful though! Here's the link.http://www.anaheimwhitehouse.com/

The restaurant looks really cool, but the way things are looking it looks like our rehearsal dinner may be around 20 people and thats one area where I was thinking of cutting costs. Maybe I'll just take them all to goofy's kitchen and have a silly time.

Mama of Indybride
06-19-2008, 09:02 PM
Well, after reading the menu, I have no problem at all!

Everything looks very good, and I looooove the fact that somebody else is paying for it! :lmao:

Yum Yum gimme some!

IndyBride
06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
So, we are just under a month for my planning session at Disneyland. :scared1: I can't wait!!!!!!! Although, I am starting to worry about how much we have planned. I am talking to the DJ company I want to use and will have a meeting with one of their DJ's. I will have my trial for my hair and make up which I should be setting up my appointment this week. Plus- the planning and tasting session. AND I am going to try to sneak over to the resaurant we are looking to use for the rehearsal dinner! AGH! That is a lot to pack into three days. We get there very early- before the park opens on Tuesday and leave in the evening on Thursday. I've also never been to DL during July so I'm kinda worried about the lines and weather at the park.

I'm not going to be able to meet with the photographer because she doesn't travel for meetings and I don't have time to travel to her. Nor will I be able to meet with an officiant because I just haven't thought that far out. I've contacted three or four and all seemed surprised I was contacting them so early. :confused3 I like to be prepared is all! But, DF and I haven't really talked about the type of ceremony we want. He was raised Jewish and LOVES being Jewish but I don't think he wants to have a Jewish ceremony. So, there needs to be a conversation before I make any decisions about the officiant.
Anyhow- I have to get to work! I just realized what time it is! :moped:

insoin
06-26-2008, 01:45 PM
I just wanted to say hi, I ran across your planning thread and really liked it. Sounds like you have a lot of great ideas.

Off topic, what does the Indy mean in your user name? At first I thought it was for Indianapolis, but I don't think so anymore. I know strange question but I live in Indiana so I have to ask. :rotfl2:

PixyDusted
06-26-2008, 02:28 PM
But, DF and I haven't really talked about the type of ceremony we want. He was raised Jewish and LOVES being Jewish but I don't think he wants to have a Jewish ceremony. So, there needs to be a conversation before I make any decisions about the officiant.
Anyhow- I have to get to work! I just realized what time it is! :moped:

I don't think it's odd you're contacting people early! Better than last minute! I'm Jewish and my df is Catholic so we're incorperating different aspects of both like a unity candle (or sand ceremony) and the breaking of the glass. I don't know if getting married under a chupah or some covering is possible on the beach but if we were getting married on land we'd have it for sure. I know that these days many weddings have chupahs that are decorated with flowers and such b/c they look pretty. Just some ideas if it helps!

pink_tink8i8
06-26-2008, 03:08 PM
OMGOMGOMG I LOVE the White house in anaheim!!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to use it!!!!!
It is so classy and the food....OMG!

IndyBride
06-26-2008, 03:34 PM
I just wanted to say hi, I ran across your planning thread and really liked it. Sounds like you have a lot of great ideas.

Off topic, what does the Indy mean in your user name? At first I thought it was for Indianapolis, but I don't think so anymore. I know strange question but I live in Indiana so I have to ask. :rotfl2:

Thanks! Indy is my dog's name. :dogdance: She is named after Indiana Jones the Ride at Disneyland. I know it's weird but that my favorite ride. Her full name is Indiana but I'm a big nickname user. In fact- I hardly call her Indy anymore. I've been calling her Pish lately. It's a long story and I could go on for days about my sweet little pup! And- I always wonder about UserNames if they aren't self explanatory!

I don't think it's odd you're contacting people early! Better than last minute! I'm Jewish and my df is Catholic so we're incorperating different aspects of both like a unity candle (or sand ceremony) and the breaking of the glass. I don't know if getting married under a chupah or some covering is possible on the beach but if we were getting married on land we'd have it for sure. I know that these days many weddings have chupahs that are decorated with flowers and such b/c they look pretty. Just some ideas if it helps!

Thank you for your ideas! I'm not sure if he wants to do anything religious at all. But, I think it might be nice for his family. My family prior to my generation were all raised catholic but as we all know catholic and Disney don't mix! ;) Chupahs do look pretty. I'm gonna have to look into a bit more. Maybe talk to him about it.

OMGOMGOMG I LOVE the White house in anaheim!!!!!!!!!!! You HAVE to use it!!!!!
It is so classy and the food....OMG!

Good! I'm glad to know someone who enjoys it. I've read really mixed reviews about it. But- DF told his mom that's where he wants it so she's basically stopped looking. It looks really pretty.

insoin
06-26-2008, 06:07 PM
Thanks! Indy is my dog's name. :dogdance: She is named after Indiana Jones the Ride at Disneyland. I know it's weird but that my favorite ride. Her full name is Indiana but I'm a big nickname user. In fact- I hardly call her Indy anymore. I've been calling her Pish lately. It's a long story and I could go on for days about my sweet little pup! And- I always wonder about UserNames if they aren't self explanatory!

Ahh OK I got it now. How cute, we have nick names for our doggies too, so I totally understand.

Mama of Indybride
07-04-2008, 12:33 AM
My avatar is a pic of Val's Indy.

First she was Indiana, after the best ride at Disneyland. Then she started being known as Indelicious. Then as Indelicious Pishus. Now she is Pish or Pishy.

We had a doggy named Holly because we got her around Christmas. But she loved green beans, and ended up being known as Beanie.

Maybe we shouldn't name our animals until we have had them for a while!

IndyBride
07-04-2008, 02:36 AM
Well, I suppose you summed up my long story very well! Only 18 days until my planning session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

insoin
07-04-2008, 08:17 AM
My avatar is a pic of Val's Indy.

First she was Indiana, after the best ride at Disneyland. Then she started being known as Indelicious. Then as Indelicious Pishus. Now she is Pish or Pishy.

We had a doggy named Holly because we got her around Christmas. But she loved green beans, and ended up being known as Beanie.

Maybe we shouldn't name our animals until we have had them for a while!

:rotfl2: Those poor doggies never know what name to listen for. I think our Puggle, Oscar, thinks his name is NO NO Bad Dog! :eek:

Well, I suppose you summed up my long story very well! Only 18 days until my planning session!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:woohoo: You will have to let us know how that goes

IndyBride
07-07-2008, 04:56 PM
This weekend my Mom finished some shirts she made everyone to wear while we are at the PS. I only have pics of the one's she made for Dan and myself because I got a horrible headache yesterday when she was finished. She spent many hours working on them and they turned out really well! I'm very excited to wear them. She also has one for herself that says Disney MOB. I decided if people don't know what a MOB is they don't matter to me! Also, she made my sister a Disney Maid of Honor shirt with a hidden pluto (My sis's fav). They all look like my Disney Bride shirt. Here they are...
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/PSShirts001.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/PSShirts002.jpg
http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg273/IndyBride/PSShirts003.jpg

That's all I really have right now... Next time I'm at my Mom's (which is this Thursday) I'll take pics of the other shirts.

Oh- I didn't realize those pictures would be so large! I was using the old photobucket uploader to do multiple pics at the same time. Oh well. Next time

keenercam
07-07-2008, 05:00 PM
Val -- The shirts are absolutely wonderful! :thumbsup2 What a dear your Mom is to have done all that work for all of you. :love: Can't wait to see pix of you all wearing them!

Mama of Indybride
07-07-2008, 10:23 PM
GRRrR!! :mad:

I knew I didn't trim the Disney Bride one down enough.

I must have trimmed it after cocktail hour...

Now that I see it again I am sad...I may have to make another!

bestla
07-07-2008, 10:56 PM

Whaaaat??? I see nothing wrong!??

Are you coming off a cocktail hour now? Perhaps your vision is impaired NOW! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

29apr00
07-08-2008, 07:06 AM

Are you coming off a cocktail hour now? Perhaps your vision is impaired NOW! :rotfl: :thumbsup2

:rotfl: The shirts look great! You did a great job!

figmentfan814
07-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I can't believe I never made it over to your journal until now! You have done so many wonderful crafts from your bridesmaids cards to your newsletters. I love the shirts your mom made for you too. The pictures of the two of you working on things are so cute :goodvibes

Everything is amazing; I can't wait to see how everything comes together at Disneyland. I've seen a Fantasmic dessert party right inside the parks, but would love to see how they do things at the hotels. Your food options sound great, I bet you can't wait to try everything at your planning session.

I'm hooked, I can't wait to read more!

IndyBride
07-08-2008, 12:39 PM
Val -- The shirts are absolutely wonderful! :thumbsup2 What a dear your Mom is to have done all that work for all of you. :love: Can't wait to see pix of you all wearing them!

Thank you! Yes, my Mother can be fabulous when she wants too!!! :lmao:

The shirt looks great!!! And- the canvas iron was a LOT harder to cut than the one we used for the other shirts. Plus- Express doesn't have that shirt anymore and I HAVE to be twinsies with Goose.

She probably was! :rotfl:

:rotfl: The shirts look great! You did a great job!

She did do a fabulous job!

I can't believe I never made it over to your journal until now! You have done so many wonderful crafts from your bridesmaids cards to your newsletters. I love the shirts your mom made for you too. The pictures of the two of you working on things are so cute :goodvibes

Everything is amazing; I can't wait to see how everything comes together at Disneyland. I've seen a Fantasmic dessert party right inside the parks, but would love to see how they do things at the hotels. Your food options sound great, I bet you can't wait to try everything at your planning session.

:goodvibes Thank you Vanessa!!! I'm counting down and planning my PS trip everyday packing one more thing into the very short trip every day!

jessesgirl-080708
07-08-2008, 03:52 PM
great job on the shirts!!

Mama of Indybride
07-08-2008, 10:00 PM

Hmmm...I wonder where I got the Disney Bride image from?

Thank You Vanessa! :worship:

I modified it for Val's sister and myself, we will be probably a little obvious at Disneyland only 2 weeks away!

Can't wait!

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-08-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi Val - I saw you on the GCH question and replied to you there and then decided to read your PS! You've come a long way in the planning!

I live in Burbank - the other side of Los Angeles from DL - and got married at the GCH on 12/23/2001 - one of the first year's group of brides to be married in the GCH wedding courtyard. If it's the same woman, Cynthia actually manned my wedding on the day of! Everyone was so wonderful during the process, especially considering what happened at the last minute - my husband's mother died the day before the wedding (she was living out of state and terminally ill, so it was expected)!

We had a noon wedding with reception after and ended up with 85 guests in the Trillium room. (At Christmas, we couldn't do an evening reception with all of the corporate parties reserving the rooms). Disney did our flowers, string trio, DJ, food, and cake (with groom's cake, too). We chose to have a dinner meal instead of lunch and brought in our own wines for dinner. I had the same initial shock about the room size - they seem so small when they are empty, but you would be surprised at what they look like filled. Simply beautiful! We went with the standard hotel place setting (with the green and gold brocade) to save money and it was extremely elegant. The DL DJ was pretty much the cost of local DJs and he did exactly what we needed and wanted him to do. We also provided a small stack of our own music, too. The string trio was perfect. The cake was extremely tasty and the top layer held up VERY well for our first anniversary! We had chocolate and gran marnier cream, I think. I would have to look!:rolleyes1

I saw you had some indecision on the officiant for the ceremony. If I can share, I went off the recommended vendor list, and chose Reverend Sara for our officiant. She is a reformed Catholic priest, a grandmother to a ton of kids, and was just the warmest and most wonderful person for the job! I couldn't have asked for anyone better. I still have her email with my wedding ceremony. When we informed her of my MIL dying, she was the ultimate in compassionate and worked it into the ceremony at our request. She even said a few words to honor our deceased fathers and stepfather. (My mom did actually get to attend...) I don't know if she still is out there, but I have her email.

We also had the best photographer - Bob Ortiz www.bobortiz.com
I need to scan them in, but we had the most amazing album. (We weren't digital back then!) He was so professional and he work was just incredible. I really have never looked better in my life! If you aren't locked in to your choice, look him up. You have plenty of time! I know you're going to be down here in another week or two, but if you would like to see it, we seem to be at the park a lot lately! ;) Bob had a video team in his office, too, as well as a hair and make-up team. I think it might have been one of the two that you had mentioned. Bob costs a bit more, but we have never regretted it.

As far as dinner goes, we can't say enough about the food - bur we never got to have a tasting session! Lucky you! I'm assuming you are going with the "Be Our Guest" bread and butter entry with the servers - do they still offer that? It's very fun and was the talk of our relatives!

Well, I guess I overshared enough about what we did, but I saw that you wanted to hear about the experiences of other DL brides, so I thought I would post. I am still happy about the experience they provided us and still recommend them.

Best wishes on your upcoming experiences - the time will definitely go fast!!!
Nancy

Mama of Indybride
07-09-2008, 12:38 AM
Nancy! Thank You!

You are so sweet to share your information, and I don't know about Val, but I don't remember hearing anything from Cynthia about "Be our Guest"

That sounds like such fun, what is it? Do they play that music while serving the bread and butter?

Oh I love that song!

Did you have Mickey and Minnie?

I am sure I will cry when Val and Dan get their picture taken with Mickey and Minnie in all their pretty formal clothes!

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-09-2008, 06:15 PM
The Be Our Guest option had the music start and the servers entered in somewhat of choreographed parade across the dance floor with the bread and butter, before distributing it to the tables! It was really fun - and free! (If you didn't want a "Disneyfied" wedding, you could opt out.) It was actually the only Disney reference we had in the whole reception, but made it special! After everything was all said and done, we couldn't afford to have Mickey and Minnie stop by!

I wish you guys all of the best. Val is so lucky to have her mom be able to help. Mine lived out of state in a nursing home, so I was simply thrilled and lucky to be able to bring her out (with a nursing aide) to attend! We miss having family close by all the time!

My only other peice of advice - don't forget the guestbook - they are harder to get once you are on property than you think. Candles - you can replace candles (thanks to the Illuminations shop)! We had to get a memorial candle at the last minute for his mother....

We did, however, have a special friend in a high place that pulled in a favor with gate security and allowed us to get through the turnstiles at DL in our wedding clothes - that isn't allowed to happen! We have a very dark photo of ourselves - that we had to take very quickly - in from of the castle in my gown and his tux. I had a black leather jacket that I had to keep on while we were in the park (it was really cold that night , so I didn't mind), but that didn't stop folks from putting 2 and 2 together!

Nancy

c4alymom
07-09-2008, 07:53 PM
I love the shirts. I came out of lurkdom just to let you know I have enjoyed reading a fellow arizonan's (is that a word???) PJ. I wish I had even thought about getting married at Disney. Oh well, at least we honeymooned at WDW. Maybe it is time to start thinking about a VR...

I would love to see any other T-shirts you have. I have plenty of designs I have gotten from the wonderful designers on these boards, but have yet to get the courage to try them out.

Mama of Indybride
07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Thank you ponchos! Funny, we are trying to decide if we should buy some ahead of time for Val's welcome bags. What does anybody think? I know sometimes I don't want to get wet on Grizzly Rapids!

C4alymom, I may have asked you this elsewhere on the board, but if I did I don't remember, so forgive me!

What part of Arizona are you from?

There are a few of us here, we need to plan a meet!

After Val's planning session, which is now less than 2 weeks away!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

IndyBride
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Nancy,

Thank you so much for your experience, it is always fun reading about DL Brides weddings! The be your guest bread and butter thing does sound like a fun time. Also, thanks for the vendor referrals. I will look into them. I can't believe you got to wear your dress in the park! That must have been thrilling! How long were you in the park with it on? Sounds like a bit of time if people were suspicous!

lov2b@disney
07-10-2008, 06:10 AM
Cute shirts! I used that Disney Bride logo too!:goodvibes

monana
07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
how did you get those printed? did you do them at home?

BriarRose410
07-10-2008, 02:00 PM
Everything looks great!

alissa2008
07-10-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey I dunno *** planet I've been living on, but I love your tiara -- where did you get it? :goodvibes

kingLouiethe1
07-10-2008, 03:23 PM
Mama, you are so amazing. It's so great to have a mom in your corner during this time! Mine has been awesome, and while she won't be making us t-shirts because she is scared of the computer, she's bee there in so many ways I didnt think she would be.

My hats off to all you mothers!

YellowMickeyPonchos
07-10-2008, 06:04 PM
Val, We were in the park for about 2 hours, maybe. Since my wedding was early, we went in about an hour after dark - after most of the friends and the relatives finally left. It was kind of hard not to miss the hairdoo and thehuge flowing cream silk skirt sticking out of a hip length black leather jacket, walking around with 4 guys in tuxes and 3 girls in burgundy satin. We were pretty obvious if you looked! :dance3: :banana: :dance3:

Wearing the dress had a couple perks.... The CM for Space Mountain had let us in the Fast Pass line when we walked up, because he saw it! It's a shame it broke down right before we got on. The whole wedding party was there with us, so we wanted to get the photo!

I would defintely walk DTD with my wedding party (post-reception). You will have the best time with the tourists! I would describe it as almost the same rush that the girls who are "friends with the Princesses" get when they come out from Backstage and get noticed by all of the little kids!

I'll definitely see if I can't scan some photos in and post them.
Nancy

Mama of Indybride
07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
Mama, you are so amazing. It's so great to have a mom in your corner during this time! Mine has been awesome, and while she won't be making us t-shirts because she is scared of the computer, she's bee there in so many ways I didnt think she would be.

My hats off to all you mothers!

You're so sweet, and I've been following your wedding also!

Thank you!

(I couldn't imagine being anywhere else...)

Mama of Indybride
07-11-2008, 10:13 PM
how did you get those printed? did you do them at home?

We printed them on Avery Inkjet Fabric Transfer Material. They end result was really nice, but until you actually got the image transferred to the t shirt the actual graphic on the transfer material was very delicate and we had to reprint 2 of them before we realized how careful you had to handle them.

I still like the result better than the first set we got, though.

Lynn5700
07-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Aww Val the shirts look great :)

irisbud
07-12-2008, 08:10 PM
Whew! Just finished reading your whole PJ! I don't know how I missed it until now! You must be getting super excited for your planning session!

Everything looks great! Is the time flying by for you still? I know it has been for me!

Can't wait to read more!