PDA

View Full Version : Whats your Pet Peeves at WDW

amgine27
02-23-2008, 10:36 PM
Hello there DIS'ersI started a thread a couple of weeks ago and regarding pet peeves at WDW and it got it little out of control concerning EVC's and wheelchairs, and at the asking of a kind moderator i was allowed to put it back up. please i ask be respectful of people in those conditions because they are just trying to enjoy the parks just like everyone else.

-----Thanks

Dolce27
02-24-2008, 01:01 AM
The only pet peeve that I have is when people refer to the Magic Kingdom as 'Disney World'. I understand some people began going before any of the other parks existed (actually, so did I - but I was 2 and didn't really care what anything was called).

I also understand that some people are accustomed to Disneyland but people - it's Magic Kingdom. The park map says 'Magic Kingdom'. The busses from your resort say 'Magic Kingdom'. If you are anywhere on property - you are already at Walt Disney World.

:upsidedow There, that's my pet peeve.

:teeth:

KorieDWnut
02-24-2008, 01:08 AM
The only pet peeve that I have is when people refer to the Magic Kingdom as 'Disney World'. I understand some people began going before any of the other parks existed (actually, so did I - but I was 2 and didn't really care what anything was called).

I also understand that some people are accustomed to Disneyland but people - it's Magic Kingdom. The park map says 'Magic Kingdom'. The busses from your resort say 'Magic Kingdom'. If you are anywhere on property - you are already at Walt Disney World.

I have that same peeve. Also, I get annoyed when people think Universal and Sea World are part of WDW.
Hey..no flames...we all have quirky peeves.

Stinkerbell317
02-24-2008, 01:21 AM
Unfortunately this happens to us every visit to WDW. My main pet peeve is when people cut infront of you in line, whether it be in line for a character meet & greet or in line, to check in at a restaurant, etc. The most annoying instance from our recent trip was at DHS. We were anticipating a character to return for meet&greet at noon, so we were waiting there for her to return in the designated spot at abt 11:50, and we were the first to be there. Others started to line up behind us, but then a woman and her 2 children siddled up in front of us. And THEN a family of 4 cut between us and the siddlers! And all of this just before the character arrived. There is NO WAY they did not notice the line. After we watched as the siddlers had their visit with the character, I did ask the other family if they wouldn't mind us going before them since we were at that time supposed to be having an ADR and were already late for it. They oh so graciously let us go ahead of them. I was just amazed that people would be so brazen. Oh well. We had our visit, and went on our merry way to lunch.

Oh and may I mention this experience which until now I did not know was a pet peeve bc I did not imagine I would ever see. Again we were standing in a character line at DHS when I caught a whiff of something unpleasant and heard a couple people whispering "gross!" to each other. I turned around and behind me in line a mom is actually changing a poopy diaper with the child standing upright and crying, and let's just say the diaper was a MESS! This all bc she didn't want to lose her place in line to see Donald and Daisy Duck??? It was totally icky. I have my own kids and I will tell you I would never do that no matter what character I was in line to see. There's just no excuse for that.

Stinkerbell317
02-24-2008, 01:24 AM

My own DD4 does this! I have explained it to her umpteen times and even showed her a map to show her the difference. It must be stopped!:rotfl:

stellablue
02-24-2008, 02:54 AM
My biggest pet peeves on our last trip were:

-People who walk around the parks freely smoking, instead of going to designated areas (I'm a smoker I might add!)
-People who cut in line with a blatently lying excuse about why they "have to" get up front
-People who are rude to their servers. DBF is a server himself (not at WDW) & I can't help but notice & cringe when I overhear people near me treating their server like a slave or blaming them for things not in their control.

I should add that, except for the smoking issue that happened alot at Epcot & DHS, these other things occurred only a few times during our trip.

As for non guest related stuff-would the sight of a turkey leg count as a pet peeve?
:scared: :rotfl:

bch044
02-24-2008, 08:45 AM
My biggest one is standing in line for a ride and they decide they want to push their way through everyone to get to the front.

It doesn't work on me. I am 6'2" 285 lbs and an ex correction officer in a maximum security lock down facility. They make it as far as I am in line and not any farther. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.

Thanks
Steve

snomofinn
02-24-2008, 09:06 AM
O.K. I have some similar pet peeves:

1. Line cutters
2. People who don't clean up after themselves in the parks after they eat.

I have other ones, but I don't want to be flamed! :) ;)

casajump
02-24-2008, 10:33 AM
baby strollers!

TheresaNY
02-24-2008, 10:45 AM
My pet peeve is the line cutters that send out a "Line Cutting Scout" that wiggles their way ahead at turns and doors (like Test Track, RnR, etc) then plays surprised that they got seperated from the rest of the group. Instead of the ONE Scout going BACK to their group, they call their family of about 83 people up to them !! The unsuspecting person in line thinks they are letting one or two people pass but end up letting an entire herd through !!

DeeDeeDis
02-24-2008, 11:07 AM
pet peeves

Anyone 8 years in older in a "baby" carriage

Parents who scream at their poor exhausted blubbering child that they have dragged thru a park for the past 12 hours! - yup thats really the kids fault

smoking in non-designated areas - its sooo easy to follow this simple rule
(x-smoker who while still smoking thought this was a very reasonable request)

Number one peeve is people who BLOCK the entrance to the fast pass line while they "WAIT" for thier time to come up - people lets remember WHY we have fastpasses!!!

hey thanks - that felt good

Poohtigeey
02-24-2008, 11:16 AM
My biggest one is standing in line for a ride and they decide they want to push their way through everyone to get to the front.

It doesn't work on me. I am 6'2" 285 lbs and an ex correction officer in a maximum security lock down facility. They make it as far as I am in line and not any farther. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.

Thanks
Steve

Wow! Can we hire you to join us on our next trip?!::yes::

My pet peeve is when you come across a rude CM. If ya don't like working with lots of people then don't work at Disney World!

maxiesmom
02-24-2008, 11:55 AM
1. People who think that because I am an adult, I don't deserve to see the parade or meet the characters. I will be more than happy to make room for your little one to see the parade, but I will not give up my spot just because I am an adult. And if I wait in line for a charater, or spend money for a character meal, I expect to be able to get a picture without your child. I know your kiddies are excited to see the character, but please teach them to wait their turn.

2. People who do not clean up after themselves at the counter service places. How hard is it to throw your trash away? And that means IN the trash can, not on it or next to it. It is the nice thing to do.

3. People who are rude to the CMs. Yes they are there doing a job, but that does not make them your slave or your whipping post. Show some manners! I still wish I had the nerve to say something to the woman who was so proud that she got a handful of EMH wristbands by yelling at a CM until they gave them to her. She just thought she was so great, and I thought she was a rude, classless jerk.

4. People who do not flush, or who leave messes behind them in the bathroom. Again, clean up after yourselves people! Yuck!

maxiesmom
02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
pet peeves

Anyone 8 years in older in a "baby" carriage

hey thanks - that felt good

I'm not trying to start an argument. But my then 11yr old nice did hop in the double-stroller with her younger sister during their last trip to Disney World. She had been going thru a growth spurt, and was having, according to her doctor, growing-pains. Her legs would bother her at times, so she just hopped in with her sis. And this is a girl who plays basketball year round, and plays volleyball too. So she is not fat, or under exercized. She just hurt, so she rode in the stroller for a while. I'm not sure why this would bother anyone.

kimluvswdw
02-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Over tired crying kids. Pushy, rude adults.

TinkerbEllnor
02-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Groups that stop in the middle of a flow of traffic to decide where they are going next. Move to the side, people.

NotTooGoofy
02-24-2008, 03:20 PM
Mine's more of a pet peeve with the history accuracy of an attraction - Carousel of Progress. In the first scene, the father makes a statement about "two brothers (Wright) from North Carolina who are working on some kind of flying contraption." Well they were really from Dayton Ohio, not North Carolina. Not a big deal, just a pet peeve.

Stinkerbell317
02-24-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm not trying to start an argument. But my then 11yr old nice did hop in the double-stroller with her younger sister during their last trip to Disney World. She had been going thru a growth spurt, and was having, according to her doctor, growing-pains. Her legs would bother her at times, so she just hopped in with her sis. And this is a girl who plays basketball year round, and plays volleyball too. So she is not fat, or under exercized. She just hurt, so she rode in the stroller for a while. I'm not sure why this would bother anyone.

I'm with you. If I made my kids walk the entire trip, we'd have to call it a day at 1pm! Their little legs just can't keep up with adults. Not sure why this should bother anyone anyway?

1st_WDW_1977
02-24-2008, 11:27 PM
1. People who think that because I am an adult, I don't deserve to see the parade or meet the characters. I will be more than happy to make room for your little one to see the parade, but I will not give up my spot just because I am an adult. And if I wait in line for a charater, or spend money for a character meal, I expect to be able to get a picture without your child. I know your kiddies are excited to see the character, but please teach them to wait their turn.

I can't stand it when I line up for a parade very early so that my DD's can sit on the curb and I can stand right behind them to get some good pictures without anyone blocking my view, and then some parents will try to push their kids (sometimes in a stroller) in front of me. Also when you find a spot with a little elbow room, and Mr. or Mrs. "I forgot to put on deoderant today" comes up and stands right next to you with their arms up, waving at all the characters.:sick:

Disney1976
02-24-2008, 11:55 PM
1. Guests who stop right in the middle of a walkway and pull out a map to decide where they are going next. You're blocking hundreds of people behind you!

2. Guests who don't clean up after themselves -either by throwing out their trash after eating/drinking something, or by not flushing the toilet. Very, very gross. Similarly, guests who just throw their trash on the ground. There are trash cans like what, every 20 feet? Give me a break!

3. Guests who throw their trash (mostly diapers) on the ground in the parking lot. I have no problem with you changing your child at your vehicle, but would it absolutely kill you to wait a few minutes until you get somewhere with a trash can to throw it out? Someone else is going to have to pick that up now, you know.

4. Guests who are rude to CM's. People, they're employees who are working very hard for not a whole heck of a lot of money, and many of them do it because they love putting smiles on peoples faces. Just because you heard they have to smile and be nice to you does not give you the right to scream at them, kick them, punch them, spit on them, etc. Sadly I've either seen these things, or heard from CM's that this has happened to them. I honestly wish some of those CM's had called security and pressed charges.

5. People who will show up just as a parade or fireworks are starting, and stand RIGHT IN FRONT of people who have been sitting on a cement curb for an hour! RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!

6. People who don't pay attention to the line moving in front of them, thus slowing down the line for everyone behind them. I don't know why, but this one drives me crazy.

RhodyJim
02-25-2008, 12:50 AM
The smoking thing bothers me to no end (I am a smoker BTW). At the parks it's not so bad because the CMs are usualy around to tell people not to smoke, but at the resorts people smoke wherever they want, and they get a snotty attitude if you ask them to just go to a smoking spot. Like it's their God-given riht to smoke wherever they want.

And, you know what, even if it weren't the rules, it's just good to be polite about it.

Miss Stitch
02-25-2008, 09:15 AM
My pet peeves are:

1. Non-Smokers who come into the smoking areas and start coughing and giving pointed looks and comments. I only smoke in designated smoking areas and wouldn't dream of smoking elsewhere so give me a break!!, if you don't like the smoke stay out of the smoking area.

2. People who can't wait for my whole family to get past and cut through the middle of us, spliting us up. They could either wait until we are all past or cut past quickly before the first one. Same with people who jump up off bus seats whilst we are in line to get off the bus between my 8 year old and the rest of us so he gets off the bus minutes before us.

I honestly don't take much notice other than this at what other people get up to. I go about my business in a polite way, always say excuse me, please and thank you and if I come across rude people I just tend to ignore them.
As long as they are not posing a safety risk to my family, they can keep their manners, I am not gonna let them bother me.;)

The poster that mentioned over 8's in strollers. On our recent visit my 8 year old son had an accident in a pool and banged his foot on the side. He couldn't hardly walk for a couple of days. It was either a stroller or a wheelchair, we thought the better option was a stroller! He didn't want to appear disabled! He is not a lazy child and he had walked around the parks for 8 or 9 days before this all day. As we say in England, you can't judge a book by its cover.;)

DSNY4ever
02-25-2008, 12:10 PM
I can't stand it when I line up for a parade very early so that my DD's can sit on the curb and I can stand right behind them to get some good pictures without anyone blocking my view, and then some parents will try to push their kids (sometimes in a stroller) in front of me. Also when you find a spot with a little elbow room, and Mr. or Mrs. "I forgot to put on deoderant today" comes up and stands right next to you with their arms up, waving at all the characters.:sick:

I hear ya! This is almost always my only complaint in the parks. My husband and I sit down very early and get a good spot and by the time the parade starts, people have tried to push us out of the way. I know that we don't have kids, but that does mean that you can push your kids in front of us or that you have a right to elbow us until we move just because you have walked up one minute before parade time and your child can't see! It is very frustrating because I don't want to argue with these people because I don't want to ruin the parade for those around us, but this seems to happen every time. And we are usually very nice. If there is a polite family with a child in the back we often offer to make room, but the rude familes don't care...they make room for themselves!:rolleyes2

I am sorry to read that this happens to families with kids too...so I guess this will never end!

DSNY4ever
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Oh I now see the comments from Maxiesmom...I feel your pain! Haha, sometimes it's tough being an adult in WDW. :rotfl2:

I<3EvilQueen
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
Mine would be

1. People stopping in the middle the walkways, and I have to either run into them, or dodge out of the way and into someone else's way (and more than likely get hit by a stroller)

2. I don't mind crying kids on some of the attractions as I can tell they are scared, but please parents, take the kid out if you can't calm them down, so that everyone can enjoy the rest of the show.

3. People blocking the Fastpass enterence as they stand around waiting for their return time.

TheresaNY
02-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Another of my favorite peeves, is the people that stand in a food line for 15 minutes BEFORE it is their turn....then when it actually IS their turn (say it with me..) they DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY WANT !! Are you kidding me ?? They stood there for 15 minutes and there is only a few things to choose from ! Then, in case I didn't look close enough to losing it, they start shouting back to the rest of their party to see what they want and what kind of drink, etc ! The poor CM will usually give up and take the order from the other side by this point and then the person that didn't know what they wanted will get mad at the CM for not waiting !! Oh puh-leese !!:crazy2:

Rora
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
Biggest pet peeve of mine: drunk people in any of the parks.

drnlhome
02-25-2008, 05:55 PM
1. Parents who use their strollers to move folks out of their way. Now, I have NO problem with strollers (been there, done that) but when they are used to bump, push, or in any way mangle an ankle, that's when I get ticked. BTW, I am also the one who gets nailed in the grocery store by carts too. ouch!

2. Line and Parade cutters: UGGGHH! This one gets me. I have been known to really stand my ground - I mean feet planted shoulder width apart - and not move. My DH laughs at me but come on - its the principle of the thing. Don't try to run me or my family over. I am a 5'11" mom so it doesn't happen too often and while some may try, not a chance baby! :cool1: The Parade stuff ticks me off too. There I have also been know to take up an extra foot of space just to make sure my kids can breathe during the event. Now I also make sure I have my kids save a little extra room for a couple of little kids who come so they can see too. :goodvibes

kimluvswdw
02-25-2008, 08:44 PM
I pay alot for food (even if it is counter service) and I would like to receive it hot every time I order it. At lunch it is great, but if it is the middle of the afternoon it can be luke warm at best.

RhodyJim
02-26-2008, 10:49 PM
One thing that drives me nuts on the bus is when a perfectly healthy adult person will remain seated, while a pregnant woman, elderly person, or a person carrying a sleping child is standing. I am a young(ish) helthy man, so I stand on the bus unless there are empty seats while the bus is moving. I understand that some of the people who remain seated may have some physical problem, but so many people remain seated (IMO) that they can't all have physical problems.

luvthemouse71
02-27-2008, 02:50 AM
- when people are nasty to CMs. Heck, even when I'm at home, I hate to see the way some people who work retail are treated by customers. I've had friends who got spit upon, sworn at, and threatened with assault while at work.

- I used to wonder about the older kids in the strollers, but I think it ties in with people who don't give up their seat on the bus. We can't know what someone's circumstances are so I've been trying not to pass judgement. I have a chronic condition but look healthy. I would not expect someone to give me their seat , because they could have problems too. Know what I did last trip?..Several times I was close to the front of the line but just knew if I got on that bus that it would be jammed full. I waited for the next one. Simple as that.

-people who make rude comments when you are in the fastpass line and they are in the standby line.Things like "it must be nice to be rich" HUH? Do these people do no kind of reading up on WDW whatsoever? I mean I could see if fastpass was a new thing!:confused3 Have to admit though, my slightly evil side will kind of get a kick out of it.;)

snomofinn
02-27-2008, 08:39 AM
One thing that drives me nuts on the bus is when a perfectly healthy adult person will remain seated, while a pregnant woman, elderly person, or a person carrying a sleping child is standing. I am a young(ish) helthy man, so I stand on the bus unless there are empty seats while the bus is moving. I understand that some of the people who remain seated may have some physical problem, but so many people remain seated (IMO) that they can't all have physical problems.

I totally agree with you :thumbsup2 I've seen this happen many many times. Me and my DH always give our seat up to someone who looks like they need one, my DDs even give up their seat when need be. That's definetly a pet peeve in my book.

rayjess
02-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Strollers!!!
It's like when you go to Wal-Mart and you see those people using the motorized carts; stay clear they are dangerous........lol

dreamer17555
02-27-2008, 09:38 AM
The thing about 8 and over in stroller is really a hard thing to judge. My DD is 6. She is 49 inches tall and looks like she is at least 8. I have had people her entire life judge her behavior because she looks older. At three she looked to be five so people expected her to wait and act like a five year old. Right now she is very mature for her age and is doing an intergrated day where she goes up a grade level but if she gets tired we will surely rent her a stroller. I would hate for people to judge us because of it.

-Becca-

maxiesmom
02-27-2008, 01:19 PM

Many moons ago when I first started to go to Disney World, this used to be a pet peeve of mine too. But now I think differently. Would it be nice if someone offered a seat to a person who appeared to need it more? Sure. But as you stated, you can't judge who needs a seat and who doesn't just by looking at them. And if you are a person who shouldn't stand on a bus for any reason, you really need to look out for yourself. Wait for a bus that has seating available, rent a car, or take a taxi. If you feel that you are putting yourself in jeopardy by getting on a standing-room only bus, then don't get on. You need to look out for you and your family, and not put that on the shoulders of total strangers.

Jblust524
02-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Teenaged kids can be bad enough, but latin tour groups are the worst....they cut lines like you would believe and it drives me absolutely nuts...I'm surpirsed I haven't seen more complaints about the Turisimo groups on here...They are rude!

DSNY4ever
02-27-2008, 04:54 PM
-people who make rude comments when you are in the fastpass line and they are in the standby line.Things like "it must be nice to be rich" HUH? Do these people do no kind of reading up on WDW whatsoever? I mean I could see if fastpass was a new thing!:confused3 Have to admit though, my slightly evil side will kind of get a kick out of it.;)

:rotfl2: I know what you mean, this doesn't really bother me because I mostly think it is funny, hysterical actually. I have gotten people that make rude faces or say "I wonder how much they paid to get to do that." That is when I just smile and enjoy the fact that I have "basic" disney knowledge! This could also apply for the thread "The funniest things you've overheard in the parks."

KorieDWnut
02-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Strollers!!!
It's like when you go to Wal-Mart and you see those people using the motorized carts; stay clear they are dangerous........lol

As someone who still uses strollers for her kids, I hate to hear this. I mean, I have never, ever ran anyone over. And I actually have never seen anyone do it or have had it done to me. I believe that it happens but we aren't all bad. I have been run over by those electric wheelchairs plenty of times, but we aren't allowed to complain about them. :rotfl:

KorieDWnut
02-27-2008, 05:23 PM
The thing about 8 and over in stroller is really a hard thing to judge. My DD is 6. She is 49 inches tall and looks like she is at least 8. I have had people her entire life judge her behavior because she looks older. At three she looked to be five so people expected her to wait and act like a five year old. Right now she is very mature for her age and is doing an intergrated day where she goes up a grade level but if she gets tired we will surely rent her a stroller. I would hate for people to judge us because of it.

-Becca-

My dd will be 7 next month but is so tiny she could easily pass as 5 if you didn't talk to her. She gets VERY tired even when going to the mall. I wouldn't let her sit in a stroller at the mall but at WDW I absolutely would. It is not a battle I am willing to fight while on vacation at the happiest place on earth. If she is tired, then she can sit. Why even fight it?

catgirl
02-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I feel you shouldn't expect to be offered someone's seat, regardless of your condition. I do wish more people would do this, but you can't expect it or be angry if it doesn't happen. Like another said, you should wait for another bus if you need to sit.

Strollers - no one should judge. I don't care how old a kid is if they get tired they are crabby! Why should the parent have to deal with it when a stroller may solve the problem and make a more pleasurable day. Especially somewhere like WDW. There are also a lot of special needs kids & adults that enjoy the parks & we don't know their limitations.

We do need to be respectful of others - we don't know everyone's situation and it is not our place to judge.

dwaters
02-27-2008, 07:36 PM
-people who make rude comments when you are in the fastpass line and they are in the standby line.Things like "it must be nice to be rich" HUH? Do these people do no kind of reading up on WDW whatsoever?

I know!
It doesn't even take reading! Wouldn't curiosity lead a person to ask the ride CM, "Hey those people are getting on the ride fast. How can I do that?"
or
Seeing the machines and signs labeled "Fastpass Distribution" and "Fastpass Return" wouldn't you want to ask a CM (usually stationed nearby) "Hey what's a Fastpass?"

It's almost like they're trying not to be educated.

DaveCN
02-28-2008, 08:48 AM
I have to agree on the Brazilian tour groups. I would note that the reason they are rude and pushy has nothing to do with their ethnicity. Brazil is a very Have/Have not culture.

The folks who can send their kids to WDW on these groups are the "Haves" and culturally they have been raised that they can do as they please and they disregard others. If you grew up thinking you could just take and do things as you please and not consider others, you'd act just like them.

Quite frankly, whenever I see one of those damn flags get raised in the middle of a street and they come descending on it, it reminds me of cockroaches scurrying to get a dropped piece of food.

+1 on the fat people in the scooters. It irritates me just as much when you see them in the stores. To be clear, I am not talking about people with genuine disabilities.

CanadianGuy
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Regarding ECV's -- The OP specifically stated that responses should be respectful of those differently abled guests.. but I see we are already heading towards covering the ECV question..

While for the most part, ECV guests do not get a 'front of the line' pass and generally wait in the same lines as everyone else... yes, sometimes disabled guests get early boarding on a very few attractions.. Is it 100% fair? No.

Neither is being in a wheelchair the rest of your life.

People wonder why there seem to be so many wheelchair and ECV guests at Walt Disney World. Part of the reason is that is one of the few vacation resort destinations that has made giant strides to be accessible and who can and do provide a fairly equal experience for differently abled guests.

Consider if you will.. the rest of that person's life outside of Walt Disney World. Most of the rest of North America isn't NEARLY as friendly to those with ambulatory concerns. Can they just get on a regular city transit bus and go to the mall unaccompanied? In most cities the answer to that is no. They can call a special number for a special vehicle and wait for however long that vehicle takes to arrive and take them to their destination with however many stops along the way.

What a treat it must be to be at Disney not have to worry about such difficulties!!? Given how much they wait in the rest of their life, I personally will wait 10 minutes or 20 minutes or even three buses if that's what it takes to give them a break from that -- if only for a few days while at Walt Disney World.

I applaud the steps that Disney has taken to make their parks, resorts and cruise lines accessible to guests of all abilities. I would rather put up with a slight delay here and there, standing on a bus for 20 minutes when required and the occasional abuse of the system than to see ONE disabled child (or adult) denied the opportunity to experience the exact same joy and pleasure I get from Walt Disney World.

I would suggest that the best avenue of recourse for those who take issue with the way rides are loaded or with the way parties with a disabled guest are treated -- that you should write to Walt Disney Company directly and ask them to address your concerns:

Compliments, Complaints & Suggestions
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

They and ONLY they have the power and ability to change the procedures in anyway shape or form.

Complaining about it on an independent public internet message forum while it may make you feel better ... won't accomplish a darned thing.

If you want to fight back and forth about this - please take it to private message. We've seen this thread many times before. It never ends well and this one is well on its way to that eventuality.

As a member of these forums who counts a number of disabled and differently abled people as close friends -- I won't allow name-calling, bullying or outright bashing on these boards.

Period.

If you have a problem with this policy or ANY moderating decision - you can write to admin@wdwinfo.com to address your concerns.

Thanks,

Knox

_tinkerbell_
02-28-2008, 09:32 AM
Strollers - no one should judge. I don't care how old a kid is if they get tired they are crabby! Why should the parent have to deal with it when a stroller may solve the problem and make a more pleasurable day. Especially somewhere like WDW. There are also a lot of special needs kids & adults that enjoy the parks & we don't know their limitations.

We do need to be respectful of others - we don't know everyone's situation and it is not our place to judge.

I agree! my brother is 9 and when we go to wdw in september he will be in a stroller.. he may look so called "Normal" but because he's autistic he will have meltdowns and cry and scream like a 2 year old when he is surrounded by crowds of people so he can sit in a stroller and stay in his own "place"...this makes it easier for all the family including him.

wdw does help him and luckily his meltdowns do not happen often there but i hope if it does happen that people wont be quick to judge a "Misbehaving Child"

Lemoe
02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Regarding ECV's -- The OP specifically stated that responses should be respectful of those differently abled guests.. but I see we are already heading towards covering the ECV question..

While for the most part, ECV guests do not get a 'front of the line' pass and generally wait in the same lines as everyone else... yes, sometimes disabled guests get early boarding on a very few attractions.. Is it 100% fair? No.

Neither is being in a wheelchair the rest of your life.

People wonder why there seem to be so many wheelchair and ECV guests at Walt Disney World. Part of the reason is that is one of the few vacation resort destinations that has made giant strides to be accessible and who can and do provide a fairly equal experience for differently abled guests.

Consider if you will.. the rest of that person's life outside of Walt Disney World. Most of the rest of North America isn't NEARLY as friendly to those with ambulatory concerns. Can they just get on a regular city transit bus and go to the mall unaccompanied? In most cities the answer to that is no. They can call a special number for a special vehicle and wait for however long that vehicle takes to arrive and take them to their destination with however many stops along the way.

What a treat it must be to be at Disney not have to worry about such difficulties!!? Given how much they wait in the rest of their life, I personally will wait 10 minutes or 20 minutes or even three buses if that's what it takes to give them a break from that -- if only for a few days while at Walt Disney World.

I applaud the steps that Disney has taken to make their parks, resorts and cruise lines accessible to guests of all abilities. I would rather put up with a slight delay here and there, standing on a bus for 20 minutes when required and the occasional abuse of the system than to see ONE disabled child (or adult) denied the opportunity to experience the exact same joy and pleasure I get from Walt Disney World.

I would suggest that the best avenue of recourse for those who take issue with the way rides are loaded or with the way parties with a disabled guest are treated -- that you should write to Walt Disney Company directly and ask them to address your concerns:

Compliments, Complaints & Suggestions
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

They and ONLY they have the power and ability to change the procedures in anyway shape or form.

Complaining about it on an independent public internet message forum while it may make you feel better ... won't accomplish a darned thing.

If you want to fight back and forth about this - please take it to private message. We've seen this thread many times before. It never ends well and this one is well on its way to that eventuality.

As a member of these forums who counts a number of disabled and differently abled people as close friends -- I won't allow bullying or bashing on these boards.

Period.

If you have a problem with this policy or ANY moderating decision - you can write to admin@wdwinfo.com to address your concerns.

Thanks,

Knox
Im guessing that was aimed at me.....but i was talking about lazy people, not people with actual disabilites.

I agree with you 10000%, disabled people should be given the same oppertunaties as anyone else, including attractions at walt disney world and i have no problem with waiting 10 minutes extra on EVERY attraction if it allows them to have a great time, im sure it is very hard for them and being at disney should allow them to forget theyre worries as much as possible.

What i dont accept is the overweight people who CAN walk and are able bodied taking advantage of these 'privilages'....they have no reason use the wheelchair queue if they can walk.

Once again, im all for helping disabled people, its lazy people that are my pet peeve.

Lemoe

WDWRocksMySocks
02-28-2008, 11:25 AM
1) When people stand far too close to me in line. I realize you may feel you're being herded like cattle, but that does NOT give you the right to be so close that I can smell your breath or touch me!!! :eek:

2) When people with strollers use them as a way to butt through a crowd. I usually get my heels clipped by a few of them and I HATE this!!! I have nothing against people w/ strollers, but just please watch out and don't run defenseless people over with them.

3) People who are extremely crabby and take out their crabbiness on other guests. We were waiting for the bus back to POP and this guy unleashed an explicit tirade on a poor family for no particular reason. It was awful.

Matt'nMeg'sMom
02-28-2008, 11:35 AM
Personal pet peeves (flame suit on):

1. Strollers for any normal, healthy child over 2 years old.

2. Preschoolers in Diapers.

3. Disgusting behaviour, including spitting, leaving food wrappers and trash, or leaving a mess in the public bathrooms.

4. Line cutters, especially sending a person to "hold your place" while you and the family get snacks.

5. Kids that "only" eat nuggets and mac'n cheese.
-

Mickey and PSU
02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
My DHs biggest pet peeve is when people expect him to get out of their way. He will get out of a person's way at the beginning of the trip. By day 5, he has had enough of people pushing their way through or not being respectful of other people. Then is starts to bother him to have to constantly moved for other people.

GrowingUpDisney
02-28-2008, 11:56 AM
[INDENT]

-

I have to ask you to expand on WHY these things are pet peeves for YOU?

Also...why was my post deleted? I did not say anything offensive or against the rules. :confused3

DaveCN
02-28-2008, 12:03 PM
[INDENT]

-

Yor others don't bother me, but really. My kids rode in the strollers up until about 5 or so. And they were all normal and healthy. They just dont have the ability to walk near as much as we do - especially in the heat.

maxiesmom
02-28-2008, 12:06 PM

-

Why do you give so much thought to how other people raise their children? And how would you even be aware of #5? And if kids in strollers over the age of 2 annoy you, you must be annoyed all the time at Disney!:sad2:

maxiesmom
02-28-2008, 12:10 PM
Im guessing that was aimed at me.....but i was talking about lazy people, not people with actual disabilites.

I agree with you 10000%, disabled people should be given the same oppertunaties as anyone else, including attractions at walt disney world and i have no problem with waiting 10 minutes extra on EVERY attraction if it allows them to have a great time, im sure it is very hard for them and being at disney should allow them to forget theyre worries as much as possible.

What i dont accept is the overweight people who CAN walk and are able bodied taking advantage of these 'privilages'....they have no reason use the wheelchair queue if they can walk.

Once again, im all for helping disabled people, its lazy people that are my pet peeve.

Lemoe

What privilages?:confused3

GrowingUpDisney
02-28-2008, 12:28 PM
He posted previously that "fat" people who use EVCs get the same 'privilages' that handicapped people get. It was a nasty rant that was deleted...obviously my post responding to his was deleted because I quoted him in it.

Matt'nMeg'sMom
02-28-2008, 12:32 PM
I have to ask you to expand on WHY these things are pet peeves for YOU?

Also...why was my post deleted? I did not say anything offensive or against the rules. :confused3
Sorry -- don't know why you're post was deleted. Wasn't me. :confused3

As for my pet peeves - I know they may be a bit irrational - but they are just my personal opinions.

Other people have other opinions. No harm.

Thanks for letting me put in my two cents!

MouseFan71
02-28-2008, 12:46 PM
Parents who don't nap their children. No child under the age of 9 can possibly enjoy being dragged around the World for 12 hours without a rest, heck, even I need a rest. These are usually the same parents who are scolding their children at SpectroMagic or Wishes and then complain when the buses are full and their sleeping child can't have a seat. Give 'em a nap at noon and everyone will have a better time that evening. We take a rest everyday for 2 hours and hit the parks again in the pm feeling energized and happy!!!

dreamer17555
02-28-2008, 01:01 PM

3. Disgusting behaviour, including spitting, leaving food wrappers and trash, or leaving a mess in the public bathrooms.

4. Line cutters, especially sending a person to "hold your place" while you and the family get snacks.

-

Wow. Three of those seem like slams on people's parenting skills and honestly flat out mean. My DD6 is a picky eater in that she won't eat meat or tomato anything ( so pizza is out) but she lives off veggies, fruit, and when we go to WDW Mac N Cheese. Is that hurting anyone? No. She is a good in shape child who will try new things but often does not like them. Does someone force you to eat what you don't like?

dreamer17555
02-28-2008, 01:03 PM
Parents who don't nap their children. No child under the age of 9 can possibly enjoy being dragged around the World for 12 hours without a rest, heck, even I need a rest. These are usually the same parents who are scolding their children at SpectroMagic or Wishes and then complain when the buses are full and their sleeping child can't have a seat. Give 'em a nap at noon and everyone will have a better time that evening. We take a rest everyday for 2 hours and hit the parks again in the pm feeling energized and happy!!!

I agree with pushing your kids too hard or too far. It makes everyone just melt down.

-Becca-

RMulieri
02-28-2008, 01:04 PM
We did this thread not too long ago....... and it ended BADLY

Stinkerbell317
02-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but someone please explain to me why kids in strollers has any effect on others' lives? If it is going to allow my and myDH's day to go more smoothly, and my kids to retain their energy more so we as a family can enjoy our day, why do other people give a rat-patootie if my kids are in strollers?! They are 4 and 7 by the way, and they ride in strollers A LOT at WDW. I'm certainly not going to stop just bc some strangers are being completely judgmental.

justamy27
02-28-2008, 01:33 PM
I'm sure I will get flamed for this, but someone please explain to me why kids in strollers has any effect on others' lives? If it is going to allow my and myDH's day to go more smoothly, and my kids to retain their energy more so we as a family can enjoy our day, why do other people give a rat-patootie if my kids are in strollers?! They are 4 and 7 by the way, and they ride in strollers A LOT at WDW. I'm certainly not going to stop just bc some strangers are being completely judgmental.

I agree!! To add to it, my kids are 18 mos and 4 yrs, we do our best to keep them behaving and if my ds4 wants in a double stroller because his legs hurt and it will keep him in a good mood and enjoying everything then bet your buttons i will put him in one. We do this for him, for us and for others so they don't have to hear a whining child. I feel the people that have problems with it should be made to walk around with a few kids that are only allowed to walk (since they are over 2:rolleyes: ) for an entire day to appreciate strollers more!

shellynn24
02-28-2008, 01:53 PM
I have a couple of pet peeves:

1. I have completely sworn off parades and fireworks because I don't like my children getting forced out of the way or trampled by other peoples rude children. In August we came off of Splash and decided to catch Spectromagic and let the kids take a seat at the roped off area and about 5-10 minutes before the parade a relatively rude family pushed all their kids up in front of me and my stroller, which I do not mind because the parade was not for me, but they kept pushing and hitting my little one in the stroller. It got so bad that another lady next to us actually yelled at them for me :laughing: Thank you mystery lady. The family pretended they didn't speak English and DH recognizing the accent, being Mexican himself, told them off in a way they could understand :lmao:

2. I too do not like people who can't take up their own trash. In the middle of a lunch rush there can be 10 tables that have lunch remains on them and that just watses everyones time.

3. I also hate the no toilet flushers, if you don't hear the automatic toilet flush, then push the little button and make your own mess go away so I don't have to!

Mess with my kids or leave a mess and I take notice, other then that I don't pay attention to anyone.

RhodyJim
02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
"A pet peeve is a minor annoyance that can instill great frustration in an individual." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pet_peeve

KorieDWnut
02-28-2008, 03:38 PM

-

HAHA, I do all of those except for number 3 and 4. Oh well.

KorieDWnut
02-28-2008, 03:42 PM
Why do you give so much thought to how other people raise their children? And how would you even be aware of #5? And if kids in strollers over the age of 2 annoy you, you must be annoyed all the time at Disney!:sad2:

I still think of 2-3 yo's as kind of baby like still. I can't see making a 2-3 yo walk WDW every day and not get tired. My almost 7 yo wouldn't even be able to do it.:confused3

Wherem I Now
02-28-2008, 04:55 PM
1. Rude people! Guests rude to CMs, Guests rude to other Guests, and the occasional but rare CMs rude to Guests.

2. Excessive Profanity. It’s a family park people! Also relax and remember that you’re on VACATION!

3. Excessive Drinking. Leads to the previous two and sometimes worse.

4. Improper attire. Pull your pants up and keep your shirt on. I do not need nor do I want to see your jelly rolls.

5. People who stop in the middle of the row in a theater style show. We all would like to be in the center of the row but there are rules. They are repeated many, many times. If you stop and the rest of us must squeeze past you, don’t complain when someone steps on your toes...

TammieLand
02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
....people who don't practice good hygiene.....

haley123
02-28-2008, 05:48 PM

-

I don't think that any of these things are really any of your business. You have no right to judge others.

CanadianGuy
02-28-2008, 06:03 PM
Comments on the peeves of others which led to fighting back and forth ... that is what closed threads like this one previously.

Thanks,

Knox

Matt'nMeg'sMom
02-28-2008, 06:04 PM
HAHA, I do all of those except for number 3 and 4. Oh well.

And more power to you. :thumbsup2 I mean that truly.
My dearest best friend does them, too.

They're simply pet peeves of mine and I don't do 'em. That's all.
----------------
I'm a little confused why everyone is so upset? I thought this was a forum in which to post opinions. You are entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine.

Peace. :hippie:

Lovin' Lorne
02-28-2008, 06:21 PM
I can see this is going to be shut down soon, so I'll sneak mine in now. Most of them have already been mentioned, but it does feel good to get them out there. :thumbsup2

People who just "throw on the breaks" out of nowhere. If you were driving and needed to look at your map, would you just stop in the fastlane? Move to the side and let people pass.

People who are already in line, then take forever to decide if they really want to be there. Whether it's for food or a ride. They stand there, then they make a move to leave. But no, maybe we won't be able to get back here, better stay. No, maybe we should go...make up your mind. You're holding up the rest of us who KNOW this is what we want to do.

I have NO problem with strollers. Usually. The only ones that make me go hmmm are the "double-wides". I understand the need to have a stroller that accomodates two kids. I kinda like the ones that have the bigger kid up higher in the back and the little one down in front. They are streamlined. Way to go. :thumbsup2 The side by side ones however, are kinda rough because they are so w-i-d-e. It causes a parting of the seas if you will, and sometimes the sea is already crowded with boats.

KorieDWnut
02-28-2008, 07:29 PM
I can see this is going to be shut down soon, so I'll sneak mine in now. Most of them have already been mentioned, but it does feel good to get them out there. :thumbsup2

People who just "throw on the breaks" out of nowhere. If you were driving and needed to look at your map, would you just stop in the fastlane? Move to the side and let people pass.

People who are already in line, then take forever to decide if they really want to be there. Whether it's for food or a ride. They stand there, then they make a move to leave. But no, maybe we won't be able to get back here, better stay. No, maybe we should go...make up your mind. You're holding up the rest of us who KNOW this is what we want to do.

I have NO problem with strollers. Usually. The only ones that make me go hmmm are the "double-wides". I understand the need to have a stroller that accomodates two kids. I kinda like the ones that have the bigger kid up higher in the back and the little one down in front. They are streamlined. Way to go. :thumbsup2 The side by side ones however, are kinda rough because they are so w-i-d-e. It causes a parting of the seas if you will, and sometimes the sea is already crowded with boats.

Oh I hate that, when people just stop. I have been known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath when I get caught behind people who just STOP. Move to the side and stop, like when you drive a car. lol

Lovin' Lorne
02-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh I hate that, when people just stop. I have been known to be the cranky person to comment under my breath when I get caught behind people who just STOP. Move to the side and stop, like when you drive a car. lol

That one can also be applied to people getting off of escalators at the mall and off of moving walkways at the airport. Just because your "ride" stops doesn't mean it's okay for YOU to stop moving also.

ADP
02-28-2008, 07:42 PM
This is an easy one for me.

After waiting in line 15 minutes at a counter service restaurant the family or group in front of me does not know what they want when they get to the register. Nor do they have their form of payment ready. Its pretty irrating when waiting for 15 minutes and then having to wait 2 or 3 more minutes while they decide what to eat when they could of had that all figured out prior to approaching the register.

DRIVES ME CRAZY!!!!! :headache:

luvthemouse71
02-28-2008, 08:01 PM
As far as the overweight people in ECVs- some people gain weight after an illness, or after surgery because they can't exercise all that much. Meds like Prednisone(a steroid) that many people take for conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease etc can make you gain weight. Heck, obesity itself is considered a physical condition.

I admit, I used to look at these people and wonder why they just don't walk. But, what makes me the ECV Patrol? It's not mine or anyone else's place to judge..it has little impact on me-once in a while, yes, I have to dodge out of the way, but right now, my reflexes are pretty good.:lmao:

Any one of us could fall ill tomorrow, or get hit by a bus, or give birth to a child with problems. A little empathy goes a long way..

Ok...off the soap box....one of my other pet peeves has been mentioned repeatedly here regarding those who don't flush. Also, men(and some women! Ack!!) that spit in public..and I saw one old guy blow his nose simply by holding one nostril shut and letting his boogers fly! WTH!?

KorieDWnut
02-28-2008, 08:06 PM
As far as the overweight people in ECVs- some people gain weight after an illness, or after surgery because they can't exercise all that much. Meds like Prednisone(a steroid) that many people take for conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn's disease etc can make you gain weight. Heck, obesity itself is considered a physical condition.

I admit, I used to look at these people and wonder why they just don't walk. But, what makes me the ECV Patrol? It's not mine or anyone else's place to judge..it has little impact on me-once in a while, yes, I have to dodge out of the way, but right now, my reflexes are pretty good.:lmao:

Any one of us could fall ill tomorrow, or get hit by a bus, or give birth to a child with problems. A little empathy goes a long way..

I agree. I will even be brave enough to admit that I used to think things like that a few years ago...that people in wheelchairs were lying to get on the ride first, that all "fat" people were lazy when they were riding ECV.
But you know what happened? Karma got us back. One year, Dh hurt his back really bad and we were planned to go to WDW. He needed to rent an ECV to get around. A healthy looking 32 year old man riding one of those. Talk about nasty looks! It didn't help us in rides and we weren't looking for that. He still got out and waited in lines, or was able to stay in the chair until a certain point but we were NEVER allowed to get on first-and that is A-ok with me- but it did save himself much unnecessary pain. He couldn't even stand up straight at times.

I never judge about those anymore. I have no idea why people use wheelchairs, strollers, ECVs and it really doen't occur to me anymore to think I have a right to even care.

PEANUT1
02-28-2008, 08:14 PM
My biggest pet peeve is all of the complaining going on...don't people know this is the happiest place on earth.:rolleyes1

Mikailova
02-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Ok I'll sneak this in before it gets shut down. Hopefully this doesn't get modded.

People that complain loudly about a Make A Wish child getting special treatment. Like "HEY why does he/she get to go first, we've been waiting for half an hour to see Mickey here, etc."

I'm not talking about an invisible disability here. I mean wearing their make a wish shirt, their big pink/blue give kids button, in a wheelchair, and usually completely bald from chemo. How can anyone be so cold and mean to a child that is obviously very ill? Every time I see a make a wish family, I whisper a prayer to the gods for them.

TiggerFamily
02-28-2008, 09:43 PM

-

Boy you would hate me. My son looks like your average healthy 6 year old but he has very low muscle tone and can't walk to long so he will be in a stroller in May, he also had an eating disorder so could only eat things like mac&cheese and was in diapers until almost 5. You should never judge someone else because you don't what's going on in their lifes. If you just saw him you would never know the problem and things my son has been through in 6 years.

GrowingUpDisney
02-28-2008, 09:49 PM
I'm a little confused why everyone is so upset? I thought this was a forum in which to post opinions. You are entitled to yours and I'm entitled to mine.

Peace. :hippie:

I think it is because several of your 'pet peeves' are unrealistic. It is unrealistic to ask a 2 year old to walk in the parks all day without a stroller. Also, MOST preschoolers are not potty trained yet. My boys would not completely train until the age of 4. Hard as I tried - they are not going to do it until they are ready and not all kids are ready by the age of 2, 3, 4 or even 5 in some cases. On of my ds's still has to wear a pull up at night because of bladder issues and he will be 6 in April. Does this make me a bad parent? No.

You do have a right to your opinion...but we have a right to have an opinion about your opinion :thumbsup2 .

No hard feelings, ill will or anything like that...just wanted to explain why some of us had such a reaction to your post! :hippie: Peace back atcha! :goodvibes

annie1995
02-28-2008, 09:54 PM

That is a huge pet peave of mine. I always gave up my seat to someone older, pregnant or with a child sleeping or not. I also taught both my sons to do the same even though they may be pooped out, they will give up a seat and sit on the floor if need be. This last trip I had a very heavy sleeping 14 month old in my arms while I was standing from MK all the way back to POP.

GrowingUpDisney
02-28-2008, 10:07 PM
That is a huge pet peave of mine. I always gave up my seat to someone older, pregnant or with a child sleeping or not. I also taught both my sons to do the same even though they may be pooped out, they will give up a seat and sit on the floor if need be. This last trip I had a very heavy sleeping 14 month old in my arms while I was standing from MK all the way back to POP.

I have to add that it is also very dangerous for a small child to be standing on the bus while it is moving. I mean think about it, we have them in car seats or booster seats in the car...why would we allow them to STAND on a bus? I have a hard time keeping my balance at times on these buses...much less my child. Just something to think about in addition to pregnant, elderly and those holding sleeping children.;)

annie1995
02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I have to add that it is also very dangerous for a small child to be standing on the bus while it is moving. I mean think about it, we have them in car seats or booster seats in the car...why would we allow them to STAND on a bus? I have a hard time keeping my balance at times on these buses...much less my child. Just something to think about in addition to pregnant, elderly and those holding sleeping children.;)

Honestly most of the time my boys end up sitting on the floor instead of standing. I'm not to worried about it with them. My 8 year old outweighs my 12 year old by almost 15lbs, so I'm really not too horribly worried.

GrowingUpDisney
02-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Honestly most of the time my boys end up sitting on the floor instead of standing. I'm not to worried about it with them. My 8 year old outweighs my 12 year old by almost 15lbs, so I'm really not too horribly worried.

Oh...I wasn't tell you not to let YOUR kids stand! I was just adding small children to list of people who shouldn't stand! Just wanted to make that clear! (I'm talking 2-6 or so);)

RhodyJim
02-28-2008, 11:45 PM

I totally agree.:thumbsup2 I will generally offer my seat to a standing child out of safety concerns (I usually offer to their parent) and allow them to decide if they would like a seat.

To me, this whole thing is simply a politeness issue. If you are healthy and can handle standing, allow someone who might be having more trouble than you the seat. Even if it is annoying to stand, I always find that I feel better having done it. Besides, it's the right thing to do.

senecabeach
02-29-2008, 07:11 AM

2. People who do not clean up after themselves at the counter service places. How hard is it to throw your trash away? And that means IN the trash can, not on it or next to it. It is the nice thing to do.

3. People who are rude to the CMs. Yes they are there doing a job, but that does not make them your slave or your whipping post. Show some manners! I still wish I had the nerve to say something to the woman who was so proud that she got a handful of EMH wristbands by yelling at a CM until they gave them to her. She just thought she was so great, and I thought she was a rude, classless jerk.

4. People who do not flush, or who leave messes behind them in the bathroom. Again, clean up after yourselves people! Yuck!

ITA with Everything you said !!!! :thumbsup2

Andrew Bichard
02-29-2008, 07:43 AM
Whats your Pet Peeves at WDW -----Thanks

Incorrect use of language.

What's your pet peeve at WDW?

or

What're your pet peeves at WDW?

Grammar Police

Jaymie
02-29-2008, 08:33 AM

I have to say how impressed I am with most guests, being a mom usually carrying a sleeping child or even when he's awake. On our last trip, every time it was standing room only I was always offered a seat.

Jaymie
02-29-2008, 08:38 AM
Teenaged kids can be bad enough, but latin tour groups are the worst....they cut lines like you would believe and it drives me absolutely nuts...I'm surpirsed I haven't seen more complaints about the Turisimo groups on here...They are rude!

We always make a mad dash AWAY from these groups!! We were in line at BTM and one guy waited in line then tried to let the WHOLE tour group cut in line. He was behind us, but the guy they were cutting in front of told them they couldn't do that. So they just let him go past and the rest of the 40, no lie, 40 people in their group cut in. People were complaining but they either didn't speak english or pretended to not speak english. I could believe how rude they were.

Jaymie
02-29-2008, 08:45 AM
[INDENT]

It beats carrying a 2 yr old through WDW. I bought a stroller designed to hold up to 55 lbs. so my kid will be in his stroller til he's 12 if I can help it. Could you imagine those small kids having to walk all the time? MELTDOWNS! My kid sleeps in his stroller when he's tired. Plus, they are contained. I don't have to chase my kid through a crowd and I have somewhere to hold all my crap that I bring.

WDWRocksMySocks
02-29-2008, 08:58 AM
People that complain loudly about a Make A Wish child getting special treatment. Like "HEY why does he/she get to go first, we've been waiting for half an hour to see Mickey here, etc."

Ugh, that is really sad for people to make comments about families who are getting special treatment b/c of that program. It provides such a great opportunity for kids who are truly deserving of it. People are so disappointing these days...

Boy you would hate me. My son looks like your average healthy 6 year old but he has very low muscle tone and can't walk to long so he will be in a stroller in May, he also had an eating disorder so could only eat things like mac&cheese and was in diapers until almost 5. You should never judge someone else because you don't what's going on in their lifes. If you just saw him you would never know the problem and things my son has been through in 6 years.

AMEN! My nephews are legally blind and they are 8 and 7. When we went last year, they used a stroller as a mobility device b/c it was far easier to get them around the park that way.

I figure if people weren't so judgmental at the parks, they might just have a better time while they are there...instead of focusing on the inadequacies of others. :sad2:

GrowingUpDisney
02-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I figure if people weren't so judgmental at the parks, they might just have a better time while they are there...instead of focusing on the inadequacies of others. :sad2:

I think this statement pretty much sums it up! :thumbsup2

Matt'sMom
02-29-2008, 09:46 AM
My biggest pet peeve...

People who feel they are entitled to judge who is and is not genuinely disabled, and/or who is using an ECV/wheelchair because they genuinely need it vs. for the perceived 'perks' involved. Then they proceed to give dirty looks &/or will comment out loud regarding those that they judge to be 'lazy fakers'.

1) Using an ECV/wheelchair does not gain anyone 'special perks'. For every attraction that the wheelchair user actually might get into more quickly than a mobile guest, they will likely need to wait longer for at least 3 or 4 others. Using a different entrance, when necessary, does not typically equate with cutting ahead of anyone else in line--it is simply the use of a handicapped accessible entrance.

2) Just because someone may be capable of getting up out of their chair to walk a few steps, or to transfer into a ride vehicle, does not mean they don't genuinely need that ECV/wheelchair in order to navigate the parks. There is a huge difference between being capable of limited mobility over short distances, and being capable of walking several miles each day of your WDW vacation.

3) A lot of very real physical disabilities are not outwardly obvious to the casual observer. And obesity is frequently the unfortunate side effect of a debilitating physical condition, necessary medications, etc.. Don't judge others based on your assumptions--you can't possibly know their needs & abilities based on outward appearance alone.

I don't know a single ECV/wheelchair user who wouldn't gladly give up their chair... in exchange for the ability to walk without pain, stand in the lines and experience WDW the way most able bodied guests do.

maxiesmom
02-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I have to wonder why so many people have posted pet peeves about things that have no effect on them. Who cares what other people feed their children? It has zero effect on my vacation. And people in ECVs or who use strollers? If it makes your vacation more enjoyable, more power to you! It bothers me not one whit!

Maybe if we all (including myself here) spent more time worrying about ourselves and how our family was behaving, and less time worrying about how others behaved, we would have less things to worry about. And I don't mean any of this in a mean way, so don't lock the thread please!

I'm just sayin........

wdwtheplacetobe
02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
My biggest pet peeve...

People who feel they are entitled to judge who is and is not genuinely disabled, and/or who is using an ECV/wheelchair because they genuinely need it vs. for the perceived 'perks' involved. Then they proceed to give dirty looks &/or will comment out loud regarding those that they judge to be 'lazy fakers'.

1) Using an ECV/wheelchair does not gain anyone 'special perks'. For every attraction that the wheelchair user actually might get into more quickly than a mobile guest, they will likely need to wait longer for at least 3 or 4 others. Using a different entrance, when necessary, does not typically equate with cutting ahead of anyone else in line--it is simply the use of a handicapped accessible entrance.

2) Just because someone may be capable of getting up out of their chair to walk a few steps, or to transfer into a ride vehicle, does not mean they don't genuinely need that ECV/wheelchair in order to navigate the parks. There is a huge difference between being capable of limited mobility over short distances, and being capable of walking several miles each day of your WDW vacation.

3) A lot of very real physical disabilities are not outwardly obvious to the casual observer. And obesity is frequently the unfortunate side effect of a debilitating physical condition, necessary medications, etc.. Don't judge others based on your assumptions--you can't possibly know their needs & abilities based on outward appearance alone.

I don't know a single ECV/wheelchair user who wouldn't gladly give up their chair... in exchange for the ability to walk without pain, stand in the lines and experience WDW the way most able bodied guests do.

Hoorah!!! Where is the Disney Spirit concerning these GUESTS? They are guests, just like you are and should be treated in the Disney spirit. Have some empathy! You may be there someday. (hope not, but you may)

patink
02-29-2008, 10:50 AM

Where do you find these polite drivers??
I see the ones with the map open or on the phone asking for directions or looking at the GPS...
And NO WAY are they getting out of the fastlane.:laughing:

At least they don't STOP :scared1: in the fastlane on the highway.

Blisskitty
02-29-2008, 11:04 AM
I can't believe this hasn't been mentioned yet...

Overdoing PDA. Teenagers are REALLY bad about this. Every time I went to Disneyland, I would see teenagers with their hands down each other's pants or their tongues down each other's throat. It made me extremely uncomfortable, and the rest of my party as well- and we were there as a group of theatre people. Lines are NOT the place to make out. A kiss or a hug is fine- but I tend to think anything they won't show in a Disney movie is unacceptable for a Disney Park.

And rude stroller drivers. Several times my last visit to DL, I got shoved or pushed out of the way by a stroller. Or someone driving a stroller buzzed so quickly in front of us that we had to stop suddenly and cause a backup in traffic. Strollers are necessary, but acting like you are the most important person in the park just because you have one is not.

Being considered a second citizen just because you are an adult traveling with adults. Yep, I have chosen to come with my friends, no I don't have children, but just because of this doesn't mean that I haven't paid as much money as you have to enjoy my day at the park. I like the parades and fireworks as much as you do, and, while I will let a child in front of me to see a show, please don't shove them in front as if I were not there.

You is subjective, btw.

girli565
02-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Some of those people who are sitting are also just as tired as those who are standing with the sleeping child, they waited just like you did, they just happen to be waiting closer to the front and got a seat, I don't see why this is a pet peeve.

If I wanted a guaranteed seat than I wait for another bus and get a seat then. Sorry, I just think this is expecting too much of people, you can't expect everyone, who are raised differently and with different values, to feel like they have to give up seats for others. I was raised to give up my seat but at Disney a seat is a hot commodity, especially after a long and hot day at MK.

Sparkie
02-29-2008, 11:52 AM
Ok things that spoil the MAGIC for me at Disney or at home:

Rude, mean, grouchy people. Life is too short to be miserable.

People who stand too close. If I can feel you, you are too close.

The non-flushers. YUCK!

The "me first" people. Remember kindergarten? We all learned to take turns, share, and be nice. And the best things about kindergarten were nap time and cookies and milk. ;)

Some general comments:

I too used to wonder why seemingly healthy people were in wheelchairs or evc's- I am ashamed to admit it. But after reading some posts on these boards I came to realize that all disabilities are not visible. On another note, I had never known anyone who was profoundly disabled until 2 years ago when a friend's son was critically injured and now must spend the rest of his life not only in a wheelchair but as a quadraplegic. I am sure that this young man would gladly trade places with any of us.

To the stroller moms(and dads) and perceived victimized guests: I have been a stroller mom. I have accidentally bumped your ankles- and I'm sorry. I got distracted and didnt see you but I always said I'm sorry. So now when I get bumped its not fun but I understand. I dont think stroller usage has an age limit. Once I had a 12yo, who complained of a sore foot from a cheerleading accident and I tried to get her to ride in a stroller but she refused. She didnt want people looking at her. It would have made mama happy not to hear her whine and dad could have rested from giving piggyback rides and stroller rental is cheaper than wheelchair rental.

Matt'nMeg'sMom
02-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I always gave up my seat to someone older, pregnant or with a child sleeping or not. I also taught both my sons to do the same even though they may be pooped out, they will give up a seat and sit on the floor if need be.

Bless you! Thank heavens for people like you! My whole family does the same: ALWAYS defer to others and always give up your seat to anyone else.

CapeCodMouse
03-01-2008, 01:18 AM
My DS6 is small for his age, and has skinny legs w/not a huge amount of muscle tone. If I made him walk the parks all day without a break in the stroller, he would be miserable and in pain. Not fair for him....

My one pet peeve - people who just don't know basic manners - "please" thank you, I'm sorry, excuse me, etc. Just basic stuff people... not hard to learn and use.

Everything else - I just ignore - not my problem, doesn't interfere all that much with my time at the World...:)

stemikger
03-01-2008, 01:42 AM
I have one major pet peeve concerning the buses. It is when you are standing the entire ride, right near the entrance, and the person sitting in the seat where you are standing, has to get up to get off the bus before you.

Have some manners and wait until the people who are standing get off first.

One women practically pushed me out of the way as soon as the bus stopped. She bolted out of her seat and jumped in front of me. What a rude bugga.

This drives me nuts.

DznyDreamz
03-01-2008, 11:23 AM

This is my peeve too. How a grown adult can sit in a seat on a crowded bus while a parent stands trying to hold a sleeping child is beyond me . Give me a break people!!!

DznyDreamz
03-01-2008, 12:02 PM
I personally could care less what leads someone to either chose to use or need to use an ECV or a wheelchair. It is the people walking, operating an ECV or pushing a stroller who stop in the middle of a crowded walkway or push into your back with no apology or acknowledgment that bothers me. I have inadvertently bumped into someone, but I apologize profusely to the person. Please feel free to use an ECV or a stroller as you see fit as it will most likely allow you to enjoy your vacation, but please also be aware of the crowds around you.

Also, the comments you hear from parents berating their children that "I paid a fortune for this trip and you WILL have fun". Instead of forcing the issue, perhaps taking a little time away from the mayhem may return your family vacation to what it was intended to be.

I have personal peeves about people who don't clean up after themselves regardless of being in WDW. The same thing happens at the mall, at the movies or anywhere else people congregate.

I understand the frustration everyone must feel about staking out a place to wait for a parade. My DD had not seen the Spectromagic Parade before and insisted she had no interest in watching it - until she saw it as we were leaving!! I politely tried to find a spot where she could duck in front of a standing adult without impacting their line of vision and was shocked at the rudeness of people who had room for 2 tiny little feet to stand in front of them and refused her access. Again, I understand some of you had staked out your spot well before the start of the parade but there ARE people who do not know yet how incredibly magical it will be and to tell a little girl standing there with tears in her eyes that you refuse to move over a few inches is just....well, rude.

DramaQueen
03-01-2008, 12:07 PM
First of all, I don't see why everyone is jumping down each others throats for unrealistic pet peeves. My pet peeve in RL is waiting for trains to go by at a railway crossing--it's very unrealistic to be able to escape that, but hey-it's something that annoys ME for absolutley no reason.
A pet peeve, is a pet peeve.
And I hope this thread doesn't get closed for that reason because it's very interesting.

Anyways, my WDW pet peeves would have to be as follows:

Seeing families who look like they are ready to kill each other, or who are arguing or complaining loudly. I don't need to see everyone's dirty laundry @ WDW!!!

When people in MY party complain!! Just shut your trap and enjoy your vacation!! (my little cousin is the main culprit of this one)

Line Cutters & Parade Pushers. It is REALLY hard for me to enjoy a parade when I am so severley annoyed with the people who keep pushing & elbowing me!!

And this is my BIGGEST one!!! It irritates me & my fmaily SO very much:
When at a character meal, parents send their kids to your table while the characters are there to visit YOU.
WAIT
YOUR
TURN!!
The characters come around to every table MULTIPLE times, just have a LITTLE patience. It makes me want to wait until the characters are at THEIR table and go ruin THEIR pictures!!! (but I'm really not that vindictive)

I can't say I've ever seen any excessive PDA (even from teens) but I'd be extremely annoyed if I ever did! :scared:

SueM in MN
03-01-2008, 12:41 PM
My pet peeve is people who complain about people with wheelchairs, ECVs or special needs.
For those who think there are any special privileges of using a wheelchair or ECV, I invite you to join us.
Along with the very few attractions where we may get to sit in the front row, there are very many where the only seating for people using wheelchairs or ECVs is in the back row, so we have no choice of where to sit.
Along with whatever seating there is , there is sometimes the added 'problem' of not having enough wheelchair spots. So, someone with a wheelchair may end up like we did at Voyage of the Little Mermaid, coming at our Fastpass return time, seeing the CMs letting in people from the Standby line for that show, but we had to wait for the next show because all the wheelchair spots were full.
Or, getting to Tiki Birds in time for the show, but not being able to get in because all the wheelchair spots were full (even though it was not a full house).

Along with the very few attractions where we may get in a bit faster, there are very many times where we have to wait because only a certain number of people with special needs are allowed on the ride at once because of evacuation concerns. We've waited at the exit (yes, we boarded at the exit) of Spaceship Earth for over 1/2 hour when the regular line was basically walking right in. At Buzz Lightyear, the point where people with wheelchairs get 'pulled out' of line is right before the regular boarding area. We get pulled off and usually are still waiting to get boarded when the people who were ahead of us in line are getting off. So, if you see someone getting taken somewhere else to board, realize that they are not getting on right away.

Here's a list of Mainstream Attractions from the WDW Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities; those where the regular lines are wheelchair accessible and those with wheelchairs wait in the regular line with everyone else:
Magic Kingdom® Park
• Ariel's Grotto
• Astro Orbiter
• Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
• Donald's Boat
• Judge's Tent
• Mickey's Country House
• Mickey's PhilharMagic
• Minnie's Country House
• Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
• Pirates of the Caribbean
• Space Mountain®
• Splash Mountain®
• Stitch's Great Escape!™
• "The Enchanted Tiki Room Under New Management"
• The Hall of Presidents
• The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
• The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
• Tomorrowland® Indy Speedway
• Toontown Hall of Fame
• Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress (seasonal)
Epcot®
• FUTURE WORLD
• Imagination!: All Attractions
• Innoventions East
• Innoventions West
• Mission: SPACE
• Test Track
• The Seas with Nemo & Friends: All Attractions
• The Land: All Attractions
• Universe of Energy: "Ellen's Energy Adventure"

• WORLD SHOWCASE
• China: "Reflections of China"
• France: "Impressions de France"
• FriendShip Boats
• Norway: Maelstrom
• The American Adventure: "The American Adventure"

Disney's Hollywood Studios™
• Disney's Hollywood Studios™ Backlot Tour
• Fantasmic!
• Lights, Motors, Action!™ Extreme Stunt Show
• Muppet*Vision 3D
• Playhouse Disney - Live On Stage!
• Rock 'n' Roller Coaster® Starring Aerosmith
• Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey
• Star Tours
• The Great Movie Ride
• The Magic of Disney Animation
• "The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror™"
• *Voyage of the Little Mermaid
• Walt Disney: One Man's Dream

Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
• Caravan Stage: "Flights of Wonder"
• DINOSAUR
• Expedition Everest™
• Finding Nemo - The Musical
• Grandmother Willow's Grove: "Pocahontas and Her forest friends"
• It's Tough To Be A Bug
• Kali River Rapids
• Kilimanjaro Safaris
• Lion King Theater: "Festival of the Lion King"
• Maharajah Jungle Trek
• Primeval Whirl
• The Boneyard
• TriceraTop Spin

Missing from the list is the ride in Mexico, but they do have a Mainstream line.

MaryKatesMom
03-01-2008, 01:23 PM
I have a few I'd like to add:

The Weaver's - those people who can not walk a straight line and their ankle wander's over in front of my stroller. Sure there isn't a dotted line but you don't need the entire sidewalk. If you were a car, you'd be pulled over for possible DUI.

The Sudden Stopper's - particularly bad on an exitway. I've had people open a map at the very bottom and block the exit of Dumbo. :sad2: There aren't any breaks on a stroller and if you've got a double stroller filled with kid's and accessories, again, your ankle loses that round.

I second the person who mentioned people who stand around in the CS line chatting for 15 minutes then only look at the menu when the get to the cash register. And, although I will let my DD's order for themselves, they have 2 seconds and if they don't spit it out, I order for them. I don't think it is cute for a Mom to go over the kid's menu with Johnny in front of the cashier. Step aside.

The line scouts kill me on Soarin'. I can't do the standby line anymore even for short waits. Test Track does something similar. People that push between my family of four trying to beat us through the door. I really don't feel like locking arms like a human shield.

Just FYI; I kept my DD's in a stroller as long as possible. I wish more people did, since kids are the worst weavers. I often take my two to the park by myself and it is MUCH safer to have them in the stroller where I can see them and not wandering around. Trying to watch where you are going, navigate a crowd and hold on to small children doesn't seem safe. If they are in the stroller you know where they are and not running into me.

And this will really get me flamed. People on the disboards that can't use the thread tools to subscribe to a thread and then just post "subscribing".

shellynn24
03-01-2008, 02:42 PM
And this will really get me flamed. People on the disboards that can't use the thread tools to subscribe to a thread and then just post "subscribing".

::yes::

luvthemouse71
03-01-2008, 10:43 PM
This is my peeve too. How a grown adult can sit in a seat on a crowded bus while a parent stands trying to hold a sleeping child is beyond me . Give me a break people!!!
You don't know what that seated adult may have going on(illness, could be pregnant but not showing yet etc) and this sounds harsh, but that parent with the sleeping child made the decision to get on a crowded bus. It won't kill them to wait for the next bus, they often only run about 15 minutes apart. I passed up many crowded buses last trip and it worked great-the next one that came along, I had a seat.

Someone offering you a seat should not be an expected thing...a parent is not any more important than anyone else.

Not slamming your pet peeve by any means. It's just that one of mine are people that feel entitled to prime spots at parades, fireworks and buses, because they have kids. To me, such things should be "first come, first served". This is really the only fair way for things to work, because we can't know what others are going through. Just my 2 cents and I'm off to put my flame retardant suit on now, LOL(I remember a bus seating thread on here a while back that got really nasty!)

tnmomof4
03-02-2008, 12:37 AM
I am always polite to others and teach my kids this also. My older boys have often given up their seats on busses just because they want to. I am always so proud of them when they do this.

I think that sometimes things happen that are not on purpose or the person doing it is just not paying attention, or didn't even realize they did something.

The thing that bothers me the most is that when I or my kid's accidentally do something, like bump into someone, or step on someone's foot,... etc. and I or my kid's sincerely apologize, we still get ugly looks.

I also agree with DramaQueen about the character meals. This bothers me a lot too. We have had it happen many times. We have pictures of kids we don't know who ran up to Pooh just as I was taking my picture. Then Pooh starts to leave, and I have to ask the CM if we can get another picture with just my kids. I have seen parents tell their kids to "Go see Pooh". One kid last year actually took a strawberry off of our table after getting in our picture.

KorieDWnut
03-02-2008, 12:42 AM
I am always polite to others and teach my kids this also. My older boys have often given up their seats on busses just because they want to. I am always so proud of them when they do this.

I think that sometimes things happen that are not on purpose or the person doing it is just not paying attention, or didn't even realize they did something.

Last year I remember being on the bus, sitting down and I was talking to a man who was holding his dd the whole ride. Normally I would have given up my seat, cause that is how I am but I guess I just was totally not even thinking because I was so wrapped up in the conversation. It wasn't until we were getting off and I heard him say to someone, omg, I feel like my arm is gonna fall off...did I even realize that I just didn't even give up my seat. It still bugs me now. I wasn't not giving up my seat because I wanted it, I just wasn't even thinking.

girli565
03-02-2008, 07:56 AM
You don't know what that seated adult may have going on(illness, could be pregnant but not showing yet etc) and this sounds harsh, but that parent with the sleeping child made the decision to get on a crowded bus. It won't kill them to wait for the next bus, they often only run about 15 minutes apart. I passed up many crowded buses last trip and it worked great-the next one that came along, I had a seat.

Someone offering you a seat should not be an expected thing...a parent is not any more important than anyone else.

Not slamming your pet peeve by any means. It's just that one of mine are people that feel entitled to prime spots at parades, fireworks and buses, because they have kids. To me, such things should be "first come, first served". This is really the only fair way for things to work, because we can't know what others are going through. Just my 2 cents and I'm off to put my flame retardant suit on now, LOL(I remember a bus seating thread on here a while back that got really nasty!)
Thank you! I know I'm not the only one who feels this way... and you're totally right about the being pregnant but not showing. The friends that we vacation with have a little boy and she was feeling tired and run down all week... come to find out a week after we get home, she is pregnant!! She didn't give up her seat because she felt bad and no one could know that she was not feeling well by just looking at her.

So, again... I don't think anyone should expect to have a seat because they expect someone to give theirs up. If you want a seat than wait for another bus.

DznyDreamz
03-02-2008, 09:01 AM

Not slamming your pet peeve by any means. It's just that one of mine are people that feel entitled to prime spots at parades, fireworks and buses, because they have kids.

I was not speaking from a point of entitlement. I do not think as a parent I am better then someone who is not a parent. It was a question of what a pet peeve is and I responded. I would personally chose to offer my seat to someone who is elderly, someone who is pregnant, someone who is holding a sleeping child, etc. Thats just me. If you do not feel that same way, you should feel good with your convictions. Cheers. :hippie:

logansmummy
03-03-2008, 10:59 PM
People that walk around smoking?????? I find this extremly rude and inconsiderate, to those w/ health problems especially. Also litterbugs.

falchion3
03-04-2008, 02:11 AM
I am annoyed when people stop in the middle of the walkway to look at their map, thus blocking passage and you have to go around them (that is, if you didn't run them over first because you had absolutley no warning that they were going to slam on the brakes right in front of you).

They can't move off to one side and do it so they are not in everyone else's way ? :sad2:

JacknSally
03-04-2008, 02:12 AM
isn't there already one of these in the community thread?

BabyPiglet
03-04-2008, 02:15 AM
What are the Most Annoying Things...

When people make negative threads like this, for no reason.

IHEARTNY
03-04-2008, 02:56 AM

Well sometimes, there are people like myself and falchion3 who like to state the things we find annoying. It feels good to vent! And NOT in a "negative" way :rotfl:

We all have our ways to express ourselves!

My Annoying Things:
1. I agree on those people who stop to look at their maps right in the middle of everything, come on- go off to the side please!
2. In addition to that, families with 5 or more really need to walk at a "normal" speed and not like a snail.
3. Kids on their parent's shoudlers during parade/fireworks! Come on there are people behind you for Chirst's sake!!! Are you THAT oblivious? If your kid cannot see above the 5'6" person in front of him/her, how do you think someone like me who is 5'2" can see over you AND your kid? :confused3

That's it for all my annoyances, lol. I have tons of things I love about WDW though I just don't know if DIS has enough room for that :banana:

CanadianGuy
03-04-2008, 07:06 AM
I've merged these two threads with the EXACT same notion together. :)

KNovacovschi
03-04-2008, 07:38 AM
The only things that bother me are as follows:

1. line cutters...how is it fair that somebody be standing in line for 15 minutes and then somebody who didn't have the patience just cut in and go to front...

2. people who go to the bathroom but then don't flush...that is not only gross for the next person using the bathroom but it is rude...

3. people who just decide to stop in the middle of the road to get something or read a map...I think these people believe they are the only ones around and no one else exists, that is the only way I could rationalize why they do it...please move to the side if you plan on stopping the parks are packed enough as it is...:headache:

GrowingUpDisney
03-04-2008, 09:32 AM
When you are there for rope drop and you are "speed walking" to your destination and people still feel the need to run over you or push you out of the way so they can be first. Good Lord - if it is that important for you to be first, just say excuse me and I will let you pass. There is no need to be ugly about it.

DramaQueen
03-04-2008, 01:11 PM
I also agree with DramaQueen about the character meals. This bothers me a lot too. We have had it happen many times. We have pictures of kids we don't know who ran up to Pooh just as I was taking my picture. Then Pooh starts to leave, and I have to ask the CM if we can get another picture with just my kids. I have seen parents tell their kids to "Go see Pooh". One kid last year actually took a strawberry off of our table after getting in our picture.

:scared1:

KorieDWnut
03-04-2008, 02:50 PM

There is nothing wrong with a little venting, I mean so long as it doesn't turn into debates and all that, but honestly, life is not always rosey, rainbows and fluffy clouds, sometimes irritating things happen and why does this board have to be 100% positive and all that all the time? No posting unless it is about something happy? Sounds kind of boring after a while.

:love:

falchion3
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
Or maybe if enough people see threads like this in doing their pre-trip research, it may cause them to think a little more about what they are doing when they are at WDW and avoid doing some of the things that tick other people off, you know have a little more regard for others. Probably not, but it is interesting to see what people think.

I like to think that most of the times people do these things, it's not intentionally trying to be rude, although a lot of people are just rude by nature and don't care about being considerate. But most people probably don't realize that they are doing these things.

It is funny to see how the "happiest place on earth" can evoke such rudeness from some people, I've seen it and it looks like a lot of others have seen it too. If we could all just get along, be more considerate of other people, clean up after ourselves, and be more tolerant of others and what special needs that they may have that may not be obviously apparent (What would Jesus do ?), it would allow everyone to have the fun that we all deserve when we pay the exhorbitant prices to go there.

We are all there to have fun, why do so many people treat it like a competition ?

falchion3
03-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Another thing, I noticed that a lot of the posts on this thread dealt with strollers and ECVs. One thing that we all have to realize going in is that strollers and ECVs are essentially going to dictate traffic flow, there's really nothing that can be done about that. And inevitably, they are going to slow down traffic.

That can be frustrating, but you can't let it ruin your time. The last time I went, I was starting to get fed up because of always being slown way down due to strollers and whatever, and I just took a second and thought to myself. If I wasn't here right now, where would I be ? WORK. That seemed to put things in perspective.

People with small children have a right to have strollers, otherwise they wouldn't be able to enjoy the parks as much. People with disabilities have the same rights towards an ECV. We just have to find a balance somewhere. Just as we need to be considerate of those who need those items in order to navigate the parks, they need to be considerate of others and not run in to people and not be in the way if it is avoidable (stopping in the middle for no reason, etc...)

In a perfect world, there would be separate walkways for strollers/ECVs but that is not really practical and people probably wouldn't follow those rules anyway.

It all comes down to not being so self-absorbed in your own world and what you are seeing and doing that you lose regard for other people. That's something that we all probably need to work on for the benefit of all of us.

inkkognito
03-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Kinda cracks me up when people say they can't help clipping someone's ankles with their stroller because they just can't stop it sometimes. A couple of times we've gone to MK on cloudy days and I brought my golf umbrella with the pointy tip. I carried it point down but sticking out slightly behind me on an angle. Amazingly, I didn't get clipped by even one stroller despite salmon-packed crowds. The ability to stop suddenly increases in direct proportion to the risk of offspring getting poked.

RhodyJim
03-04-2008, 11:11 PM

Here are the things. In the OP I mentioned that some of these people may have some physical limitations in which case they should not stand up. But, I have seen this so many times, that if all of them have physical problems, then we are in grave danger of the unforseen curve of physical limitations. there were multiple instances per bus ride.

Second, I did not say that a person is expected to get up and offer their seat if they are a healthy person to someone who clerly needs a little help. I merely implied that they are a lazy, self-centered, rude person for not doing so.

stemikger
03-05-2008, 02:33 AM
This one is a major one.

I hate when I see people turn into zombies in the middle of no where. It is very scary and you then have to run away.

I was on line for Big Thunder Mountain and a man there decided it was time to turn into a zombie, everyone started to panic and it is very hard to run away in the middle of that particular line. I told my daughter and wife to follow me, we jumped several high railings and thankfully got away.

There were several people in line who weren't has fortunate and were bitten by the zombie and in turn turned into zombies themselves. Once this chain reaction starts it takes Disney a good day to rid the park of all zombies. It really can ruin a nice vacation when you are constantly looking over your shoulder because you are afraid of being attacked by zombies.

maxiesmom
03-05-2008, 08:51 AM
Here are the things. In the OP I mentioned that some of these people may have some physical limitations in which case they should not stand up. But, I have seen this so many times, that if all of them have physical problems, then we are in grave danger of the unforseen curve of physical limitations. there were multiple instances per bus ride.

Second, I did not say that a person is expected to get up and offer their seat if they are a healthy person to someone who clerly needs a little help. I merely implied that they are a lazy, self-centered, rude person for not doing so.

How is it not any more lazy, self-centered, or rude to get on a bus and expect someone to offer you their seat?:confused3 If you are unable to stand on a bus, you can take a taxi, or rent a car. It is all about choices.

So you could say one of my pet peeves is the opposite of yours. It bothers me when someone gets on a bus and expects someone to offer them a seat. If you absolutely can't stand you have no business getting on a full bus, and should rethink depending on the Disney busses for your transportation.

Stinkerbell317
03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
This one is a major one.

I hate when I see people turn into zombies in the middle of no where. It is very scary and you then have to run away.

I was on line for Big Thunder Mountain and a man there decided it was time to turn into a zombie, everyone started to panic and it is very hard to run away in the middle of that particular line. I told my daughter and wife to follow me, we jumped several high railings and thankfully got away.

There were several people in line who weren't has fortunate and were bitten by the zombie and in turn turned into zombies themselves. Once this chain reaction starts it takes Disney a good day to rid the park of all zombies. It really can ruin a nice vacation when you are constantly looking over your shoulder because you are afraid of being attacked by zombies.

:rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

That is funniest thing I have heard in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

DramaQueen
03-05-2008, 11:10 AM
This one is a major one.

you are my favourite!!! :hippie:

:lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

OneLittleSpark
03-06-2008, 08:39 AM
This one is a major one.

Oh I know, it puts such a damper on the day, doesn't it? These people seem to think that turning into flesh eating monsters is perfectly socially, acceptable behaviour, and don't give a second thought for all the rest of us who paid a lot of money to be there!! :rotfl:

stemikger
03-06-2008, 08:46 AM
Originally quoted by Stinkerbell317
That is funniest thing I have heard in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh!!!!

I was serious. ;) Glad I made you laugh though. :rotfl:

Originally posted by
One Little SparkOh I know, it puts such a damper on the day, doesn't it? These people seem to think that turning into flesh eating monsters is perfectly socially, acceptable behaviour, and don't give a second thought for all the rest of us who paid a lot of money to be there!!

Exactley.:lmao:

Forget about the money, it really makes for a very stressful trip, whey you are always looking over your shoulder. :scared1:

shellynn24
03-06-2008, 01:58 PM
When you are there for rope drop and you are "speed walking" to your destination and people still feel the need to run over you or push you out of the way so they can be first. Good Lord - if it is that important for you to be first, just say excuse me and I will let you pass. There is no need to be ugly about it.
I completely agree!

There is nothing wrong with a little venting, I mean so long as it doesn't turn into debates and all that, but honestly, life is not always rosey, rainbows and fluffy clouds, sometimes irritating things happen and why does this board have to be 100% positive and all that all the time? No posting unless it is about something happy? Sounds kind of boring after a while.

:love:
Its nice to have someone to vent to who understands the issue, its also nice when that smeone just listens and doesn't say things like "If it bothers you so much don't go to Disney World anymore" :scared1: AS IF!

As for poking innocent children with any type of projectile, if it happened to me because I am notoriously scatter brained, there would have been SERIOUS issues. Most things don't bother me but when Big Mama gets protective, it gets real scary real quick.

Sysyphus
03-06-2008, 03:13 PM
I'm sorry...

I did put DD5 in a stroller for a lot of this trip... she doesn't use a stroller at home anymore, but 9 days in WDW is a lot of walking for kids of any age, and splitting time with her in the stroller, or our backpack on the stroller and her on my hip so I can see/hear her reactions to stuff makes for a much easier day for all of us.

If I caught your ankle occaionally with the stroller, I'm also sorry... I'm a bit out of practice... trust me, i got caught more than I caught other people.

I do put DD on my shoulder during shows and fireworks sometime - not only does she get to see better, but I get to hear her better... I always look behind me and make sure I'm not spoiling anyone elses view. I always let little ones in front of me at parades and shows.

Only two people managed to irritate me enough that I had to comment in the whole nine days... the guy who had to barge in between me and my 5yo daughter, almost knocking her over, on the way in to Country Bear Jamboree, so he could catch up with his family who he had allowed to get ahead of him whil he parked their stroller; and the inconsiderate idiots who were smoking at the table next to us in the outside part of Pecos Bill's.

I confess that I did turn in to a zombie one afternoon: when I took DD 5 to Alice's Tea Party I immediately recognized the two CM's behind the desk as the two who had taken care of DD at the Mouseketeer Club the night before, and just sailed up to the counter to say hello,totally oblivious to the line of people waiting to check in in front of me... if you were there, I'm really sorry: that was not the normal me... I don't cut in line, I do give up my seat on the bus unless I'm carrying sleeping DD5, I always have my creditcard/money/key ready to pay for food, I always flush, I throw my gum and my trash in the trash cans... sometimes even other peoples trash too... I put it down to the fact that four days of rope-drop to evening EMH's can catch up with anyone ;)