PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Near MCO?

cbear5
02-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Can anyone recommend a hotel near MCO. We are looking for an average priced hotel with a nice outdoor pool area. My DH wants to stay closer to the airport on our last night since we have an early morning flight.

Thanks,
Carrie

denisenh
02-23-2008, 11:16 AM
There is a whole cluster of hotels near the airport....I think that these are them
http://arestravel.com/1011_hotel-list_m426.html

and then if you want you can check out the reviews on tripadvisor.com

:hippie:

SB in KY
02-24-2008, 05:33 PM
My personal favorites are the Renaissance, the Sheraton Suites or the Embassy Suites, but all of the hotels in that area seem fine.

We usually just do a Priceline bid for a 3* hotel in the MCO zone....you will wind up at either Sheraton Suites, Renaissance, Marriot, Holiday Inn Select or the Hyatt inside the airport. All are very nice and have nice pool areas (not themed, but large, clean and rarely used), all also provide complimentary airport shuttle service 24/7 so if you want to send your spouse to return your rental car the night before while you swim with the kids you can take the shuttle to the airport in the AM and get dropped off right at the check in entrance so you don't have to lug kids and luggage from the garage. A bid of $50 to 55 is usually more than enough to get a very nice room with a good pool and shuttle service.

ruadisneyfan2
02-25-2008, 10:06 AM
We got the Hyatt inside MCO for $59 thru Hotwire. It's 3.5* so I knew I'd be fine with it even if I didn't get the Hyatt. I love Hotwire for 1 nt. stays but probably wouldn't want to do a whole vacation that way.

cbear5
02-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Thank-you so much for your advice. I think maybe i will give priceline a try!

Carrie:goodvibes

ruadisneyfan2
02-26-2008, 05:57 PM
My personal favorites are the Renaissance, the Sheraton Suites or the Embassy Suites, but all of the hotels in that area seem fine.

We usually just do a Priceline bid for a 3* hotel in the MCO zone....you will wind up at either Sheraton Suites, Renaissance, Marriot, Holiday Inn Select or the Hyatt inside the airport. All are very nice and have nice pool areas (not themed, but large, clean and rarely used), all also provide complimentary airport shuttle service 24/7 so if you want to send your spouse to return your rental car the night before while you swim with the kids you can take the shuttle to the airport in the AM and get dropped off right at the check in entrance so you don't have to lug kids and luggage from the garage. A bid of $50 to 55 is usually more than enough to get a very nice room with a good pool and shuttle service.

Brilliant idea!:idea: